Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: What a show it's been. We'll try not to screw it up. In the final hour on this Wednesday, we'll take you to Brazil because it'll be the Packers and the Eagles Friday night on Peacock. We'll talk to those who are broadcasting, Noah Eagle and Todd Blackledge. NFL is kicking off the season. You'll have Thursday the Ravens and the Chiefs. That'll be on NBC and Peacock. The betting line is Ravens getting three. The over under is forty six and a half for the Chiefs and the Ravens. Feels like a twenty seven to twenty one final here the Chiefs winning this game. All right, final hour poll question, Seaton, what are you gonna go with? Well, we're just putting up there right now. Our pancakes overrated or underrated, which is obviously storyline that's sort of dominating. Well, last hour we had hot takes, hotcakes and hot dogs and some crazy prediction. Dan Rolovsky got us off on the hot foot. You see what I did with then see what I did with that time hotfoot? Yeah? Uh, he had some great ones, including some kind of Raiders situation where they end up with Dion Sanders' son and the star receiver there, Travis Hunter. Yes, Marvin, the Jets would trade for Davante Adams. Yes, DeVante Adams goes to the Jets and then they get those draft picks and then they end up taking Schador Sanders and Travis Hunters. That's fun. That was good, and that was spicy. And Dan Rolovski h he had a hot take.
Speaker 3: Certainly, Yes, PAULI, it does feel you could see the Jet the Jets have a good start, they would go all in. They would like, look at that type of thing, and if you're the Raiders, it doesn't seem like much as going on right now, at least not in the near future. It's a threatened front of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to look at it. I mean you do have. I mean Max Crosby is really good. If you're gonna trade Davante Adams, then trade Max Crosby. I mean, if you're gonna But if you're Antonio Pearce, you won that job with you know your defense and you know, you know, really your personality. They played hard for you. I just don't know if you go wait, what are we doing. We're going to dismantle this team, or we would trade our two best players. I'd I'd like to see if they can get some Let's say Dak Prescott was available for them at the end of the season and they got him to go along with DeVante and you had Max Crosby.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: I mean it feels like you're a quarterback away. It feels like every team is like a quarterback away. If you're not really good, you're a quarterback away, and then you get that quarterback, then all of a sudden things fall in place. But the Raiders, the Raiders are going to be sneaky good and then obviously bad at certain points. It feels like you're going to be like, Okay, I like that, and there'll be times when you go, yeah, what happened to them? Yes, Marmin Right now?
Speaker 5: It sounds crazy to say, do the Raiders have the worst home field advantage in the NFL because they're in Vegas? It seems like every single Raiders game in Vegas is a neutral syche game.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, these are the highest ticket prices because you have fan bases that want to come in for those games. I think two of the top five ticket prices. Highest ticket price average will be a Raider home game here and you'll get those fan bases Pittsburgh coming in. I think there's one other one that might be the maybe the highest average ticket price, and that's another home game for the Raiders. I don't think it has to do with the Raiders. It has to do with the fan bases coming to Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yes, worst home record in the NFL in the past five years, hint, the Raiders are about five hundred. They're kind of in the middle. But which team has the worst home record? Not that bad of a franchise and usually wins six plus games. Tennessee know what They're fourth? Okay, the Washington Commanders, oh worst home record the past five years.
Speaker 2: And we do give them credit of having a great fan base, great fans. You know, they're knowledgeable. But I think they just said we're not going to go and show up while he's still the owner. I think the Commanders are going to be sneaky good. I do. I think dan Quinn, I'm high on Jayden Daniels. I think that they might. They might surprise some people. My Super Bowl pick will be coming up tomorrow and it's one of those that it came to me and it hasn't left me, and normally it usually leaves me and then I have to kind of figure out how to get it back. If I really feel that way, it's just weird that I go, Okay, I think I like this as my Super Bowl pick.
Speaker 6: Yes, maybe Jaden Daniels beating out Caleb Williams for.
Speaker 2: Rookie of the Year. Rookie of the Year. Sure, sure, yeah, not far fetched. He's going to run for eight hundred yards. Now, the question is, you know how many touchdowns the interceptions? What's your ratio there? Dan Quinn did a great job with Dallas, and you know, now you go to Washington, he gets another chance as a head coach. I think they have the building blocks there. You got an ownership. Now it's different, the attitude should be different, and maybe the fan base does come back full fourth. So Washington is the lowest attendance average per season the last five years.
Speaker 3: Is Washington home record?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Home record? Oh okay, well, I'm sure the attendance maybe follow suit. I apologize if then I offended the Washington fans are not showing up. So the worst home record in the last five years. Okay, Bears on there.
Speaker 3: Now they're like they're light middle of the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, light middle of the road. Last five years, Marvin said, Panther their second Okay, congratulations. Who else is on there?
Speaker 3: I got the Cardinals?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I should have gotten.
Speaker 3: The Cardinals, Panthers, Texans up until recently. Jets are in there, Jaguars are in there. There's a lot of love for the Texans. You got people picking him to go to the super Bowl. It's just too rich for me. They were a whole lot of fun last year, and I just I don't know what it is. I'm kind of going kicking and screaming with that because I think Jacksonville's going to win that division. I think the Rams are going to be really good again, and I think challenged the Niners for the division. Who else do I think could? I think Arizona is going to be sneaky competitive as well. It's weird and I'm not a Kyler Murray fan as far as his approach to play in the position, but you know, extremely talented. You got Marvin Harrison Junior the third there, so maybe there's something there.
Speaker 2: What else? I like the Falcons a lot, probably like him a little too much. But I've I've been hinting with the Falcons there for a while. But who else? Who am I anybody else? I'm really high on the Bengals. I'm not sure right now because Jamar Chase didn't even practicing. They open up against the Patriots at home. Maybe you get through that game without him, and he wants one dollar more than Justin Jefferson. I think that's the report. Jamar Chase wants one dollar more. And do I think he's on par with Justin Jefferson? I do, I really do. I think he and Joe Burrow that's a package deal. Take care of both of them, because that's the reason, biggest reason why you went to the super Bowl. And without Jamar Chase, you're not going back, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Yes, if you're looking like strength the schedule, yeah, I think it's Falcons, Chargers, Bengals, Jets, Bears all have the easiest schedules this year.
Speaker 2: And that did factor in with some of my predictions. Yes, but you finish last and you get you know, this is what the NFL wants. They want you to rebound. They want parody here. That's why we always have a couple that go up and a couple that move down, it's not a great college football weekend. We have Texas in Michigan. This is what college football needs. If we're going to look at college football as yes, it is a sport, but it's also entertainment. They need to have a schedule maker. Because the NFL does this. That's why we tune in for the schedule release because we want to know, Hey, we know who we're playing. When are we playing them? Are we opening up with them? Is it going to be around Christmas time? Last game of the regular season. So we do have the entertainment portion of that that the NFL schedules these games. If college football had a schedule maker or schedule makers, just imagine you. Now Texas and Michigan is noon noon kickoff in the Big House. So the biggest game of Saturday is going to be Saturday at noon. Now that feels like an eight o'clock at night. Now this is Fox with their pregame show and they're going up against the Mothership. Now you got the biggest game of the weekend. You want to go from your pregame show right into that game. In fact, I think Matt Liner who's part of the big noon kickoff for Fox will join is coming up on Friday. But you have Michigan in Texas. If you had a schedule maker in college football, you would sprinkle in a couple of games that may have not been scheduled for this week, but you would have said, let's get a game at three in a game at eight o'clock at night. The NFL does that, I got a marquee game. Maybe at one o'clock. I got the four to thirty game, and then NBC has, you know, Sunday night football. That's what you need with college football because this one Texas and Michigan will be great, but then that's not much to see after that. Now there might be a couple of interesting games, but you're gonna have to find them. I think the tune in factor of hey, here is the first game that leads into the second game that leads into the third game. That's what you need with college football.
Speaker 3: Yes, Pauline, Yeah, after Texas Michigan, the three thirty window, the afternom window. Probably the biggest game is Iowa State Iowa, which is a great rivalry game, but it doesn't necessarily play nationally. Then the night's late. One of the bigger games is Tennessee at NC State. Again a very nice game, but it's not that Oh I got to plan accordingly. One sneaky one Appalachian State at Clemson this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: At on the ACC networks. So a lot of people will miss it. Must win situation right, tarmac situation? Yeow, no upside. I think the line's seventeenth.
Speaker 2: Dave and calif Hi, Dave, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Thanks for taking my call? Five ten and a soft one five soft Yeah. Okay, So before I give you my hot take, there's a backstory. I'm not sure if you heard.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 8: During the off season up in Washington with the Huskies you have Belichick and Michael Lombardi floating around helping out with the coaching. You know, the sun's up there and so forth. So my hot take is this, the Giants head coaching job is going to come open. Belichick takes the coaching job, brings Lombardi with him for his GM. He focuses on the GM work, he focuses on the coaching staff. And that's my hot take. Front Row can suck it, Fritzi, you're the man let's go Broncos.
Speaker 2: All right, that's Dave in California. That's not a hot take. I could see that happening any I saw where Belichick was up there, had the UUB sweatshirt on hoodie. I could see him taking over the Giants if it goes south there absolutely justin in Ohio, Hi, justin. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: If I was six four a inspired two sixty bus and bush lights. I have three hot takes real quick. One Kyle Pitts fifteen hundred yards wow. Two Nick Chubb comeback Player of the Year, and three the hottest one for two takes a part of the face when the Broncos finished last in her division.
Speaker 2: Mmm, okay, that's not part of the bat, is it? Todd? You didn't have a bet on that.
Speaker 10: I don't believe so, but I don't think they're gonna put his last.
Speaker 2: Pie to the face.
Speaker 10: Sure, okay, I gotta believe they could have find a way to get it one more win than the Raiders of the Chargers.
Speaker 2: I hope boy Duke and Boise, Hey Duke.
Speaker 11: Hey, goome on Dan. I got a so called hot take and then a quick comment right after my hot take is that the Gattle Seahawks beat the Jets in the Super Bowl. Devin Witherspoon is your super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 7: And yeah, yeah, if anyone watched that Kobyashi Joey testnut eating situation on Netflix, there's no way they would take a hot dog over a hot cake.
Speaker 4: That was revolting.
Speaker 2: I've never watched the eating now, I've seen clips of it, but I have no interest in watching a grown man try to stuff his face with seventy three hot dogs. I have no interest whatsoever. And I'm not even fascinated by it. Now. If you said I could watch Borne Identity again or watch that, I'll watch Borne Identity or Taken. You know my go to movies over something live where Kolbayashi and whoever they're going to toe to toe or mouth to mouth or whatever they're going hand to mouth. You have no interest in it. I don't know why people are fascinated by that. Let me let mean, like, if you ever sat around with your family and maybe you have an uncle who just stumps his face, do you sit there in wonderment and you go, I don't know how uncle Tom does that, but man, he's really he's shoving it in right, but we'll watch something for entertainment. We'll be like, damn, this is awesome. Look at those guys. Go how many hot dogs is that? But if you sit around or you go, you have a picnic, and somebody stuff in their face, You're like, god.
Speaker 3: It's so gross.
Speaker 6: It's gross on TV too.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is gross.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is just disgusting. Yeah, everything from start to finish, start.
Speaker 6: To finish, it's it's ugly.
Speaker 2: Top to bottom. It's yes to his bottom. Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: I only saw a short clip of it. It was on Netflix. It was in a studio, it was inside, and for some reason it made it actually worse. I saw thirty seconds, Like the Nathan's Hot Dogging contest is outside, it's conducive to outside hot dogs eating over the grill. At least it's like somewhat natural environment. This felt like a studio with seat fillers.
Speaker 2: It's terrible, terrible, and it I mean it goes to show we will watch just about anything, especially dudes, like we'll watch it now. I think I'd rather see guys chugging beers more than I would know more stuff and hot dogs in their face or have something at steak here, like you have to do something while you're doing something, like make it entertaining more than just we're watching you dip the bread and water and then you're stuffing it in your mouth.
Speaker 3: You've got a bench press while you're reading that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but something like degree of difficulty, do something different.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know it's something on TV. I will not watch. I've seen it a few times. That Slap Fighting Championship. Oh, I know, you know, there's just nothing to it.
Speaker 2: And that Dana White is it? I think it might be.
Speaker 3: His surpress for a billion dollar Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: If Dana White was getting smacked, then I might watch it. That might be interesting, be like, all right, who could we have, like Joe Rogan smacking Dana White? Like, okay, that's interesting. I mean I think they're business partners. So but yeah, I've watched that, and uh it just like who came up with that?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 6: Running out of ideas? I'm a genius, really, But.
Speaker 2: How about you stand there, I'm going to hit you with my open hand. I'm going to hit you with the palm of my hand.
Speaker 6: It's kind of crazy to watch, too, because sometimes people just stand there and they're like, Nope, not good enough. And you see them winding up and then somebody just gets rocked. You're like, oh, their face swells up. Good God, why are you doing this to yourself?
Speaker 2: I think I saw a clip where somebody just got knocked down. It was just like that's usually how it goes. They just like, yeah, fall back, Yeah, damn not interested in that.
Speaker 3: There have to be rules where you hit in the face, but not like the head, jaw, ear area.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna hit him right in the in the cheek.
Speaker 3: Checking the rule.
Speaker 6: I don't want the I bet there's a lot of exploded ear drums in that line of one.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, all right, let me take a break. Noah Eagle, Todd Blackledge there on the call with the Packers in the Eagles and they'll they'll join us here coming up from Rio. I believe it's is it Rio or Sal Poloo? So Salpoulo Antonio, Well he might be there for the Eagles. I wonder if sal Polio.
Speaker 3: Is how did you not send?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, take a break and we're back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: He's Mike Krmen, I'm Dan Bayern.
Speaker 12: We have a fantasy football podcast called I Want Your Flexed.
Speaker 1: That's right, Dan.
Speaker 10: Every week we're gonna scour the waiver wire to find the pickups to turbo boost your fantasy lineup, sit starts, fantasy football players rankings to get you ready to dominate the competition.
Speaker 5: Listen to I Want Your flex with Mike Carmon and met Dan Byer on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast and wherever you beet your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The NFL's kicking off the season two big matchumps tomorrow night Ravens Chiefs an NBC from Kansas City. You can see that also on Peacock. Then on Friday live from Brazil Packers Eagles only on Peacock. The Many will be calling all the action from Brazil. No Eagle in Todd Blackledge on the call, and that'll be Friday night, September sixth in salth Paulo and Peacock, the exclusive national home of the NFL's first ever regular season game in Brazil. Guys, thanks for joining us. No let me start with you. It's interesting when you go to a certain campus or a city that you already know that city or that campus. This is different being in Brazil. So what is it you're trying to gather to then add color on Friday night?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Dan, there's honestly only so much that I think we're trying to gather ahead of time. We've got a great crew and extended crew that's here with Jack Collinsworth and Roden Harrison and Tony Dungee, so they're doing a lot of the intel for us of getting around South Paulo, getting a feel for the environment.
Speaker 9: For us too.
Speaker 12: We're really focused on the game and focused on the matchup and making sure we do justice by that. But very exciting for the NFL to be here and that there's a pretty big audience in South America, especially in Brazil, so we'll try to make sure we at least highlight that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to ask you about that, Todd. The growth of football around the world. They're trying to make it a global sport by having fan bases in certain countries, as Brazil made their claim to the Eagles or Packers.
Speaker 13: Well, I think some stuff that I've read it seems like the Packers might be a little bit more of the favorite here, but I think that's kind of a national thing, international thing anyway, a real strong fan base. But it'll be fun. It'll be a fun game to be a part of. And you know, they play some American football here. They have a couple of organizations that play flag football, which is a huge initiative by the NFL right now, has made its way down here as well, and so it should be a very interesting crowd on Friday night.
Speaker 2: What's the stadium like, we're talking about a soccer stadium.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, we haven't.
Speaker 13: Been there yet, but it is a soccer stadium, but we'll probably visit it tomorrow and kind of get a get a feel for I think the seating is going to be maybe fifty thousand. I don't think it's going to be any bigger than that, but I've understood. The understanding is it's a beautiful place, great field, and so the players should like the surface they're playing on.
Speaker 2: And as far as calling games outside of the country, Noah, you of course were at the Olympics, but a degree of difficulty change at all because you're not in the United States.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's just you with just here. I mean, it's different wherever you go.
Speaker 12: I think my bigger issue, Dan is I spent so long trying to perfect French.
Speaker 9: That now that outside of England, so I walk.
Speaker 12: Up to everybody here saying bon Shore and bull Spot and they look at me like I have six heads.
Speaker 9: But it'll be different.
Speaker 12: It's a soccer stadium, so the configurations are going to be a little different of our booth.
Speaker 9: You know. I got to do the Notre Dame game in Ireland.
Speaker 12: Last year and that was the first time I ever called a football game literally outside and.
Speaker 9: It started to rain. So that was where now you're looking around and.
Speaker 12: Saying, do we have enough coverage or my chart's going to be completely so can I read?
Speaker 9: But you figure it out and you just adapt as you go.
Speaker 2: Todd, you got a better handle on how the Eagles are going to be this year or the Packers.
Speaker 14: Well, it's interesting. I think both teams.
Speaker 13: You know, they're obviously there's seasons ended in different directions. Last year they are completely trending in different directions. But I like what both teams did in the off season. I think both have a chance to be really good this year. You Knowadelphia brought in new coordinators on both sides of the ball. Green Bay brought in a new defensive coordinator. I think you have two of the best quarterbacks in the National Football League, and I just think that again, both teams added, you know, kind of exchange running backs. So we get to see Saquon Barkley for the Eagles. I think he's excited about the change of scenery. I think that Josh Jacobs the same way with Green Bay. Both teams have outstanding receiving corps, you know, good offensive lines. I think the Eagles have an elite offensive line even without Jason Kelcey in the center.
Speaker 14: Since he retired. So I think we've got two outstanding offensive football.
Speaker 13: Teams and two defenses that are going to be breaking in new systems and new coordinators on Friday Night.
Speaker 2: I'll give this to both of you. I'll start with you, Noah, what kind of info are you trying to get when you go to those production meetings and the coaches there and the quarterbacks there. How much can you push before you're pushing too hard to get something that you can share on Friday Night.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think my philosophy has always been, you know, we can all go and listen to what they're saying in press conferences, we can read what they've said in articles and whatnot.
Speaker 9: I want to try to find a couple of things. One, I want to humanize.
Speaker 12: The athletes, so can I get something that maybe is going to showcase who they are outside of football, outside of what they do in their sport. The second thing is I want to expand on what I've heard, So if they've said something publicly, I want to see if I can then take it another step forward. And then the third thing is you just want to find a way to get the mindset of the overall player. So whether that's going into the season as we have right now, what's their mindset overall on the season, whether that's the mindset of what's happened already over the course of a year, or even just something very much micro. But you want to find some mindset something that then you can use. So that's kind of the three things that I'll try to tizzle between. And it's a case by case thing because everybody reacts differently in these meetings.
Speaker 9: There are some guys that I think are open books, and.
Speaker 12: There are other guys that maybe are a little bit more difficult to crack it.
Speaker 13: So yeah, yeah, I think for me, you know, one thing, and talking to the coordinators from both teams, I mean, I'm going to try to pull some football stuff and some X and O stuff from them that I might be able to integrate again with a first game. You know, there's a lot of weight and see and you know, the thing about the NFL that is probably different than the college game is, you know, I think in the NFL they're very much about making adjustments in game, adjustments not just halftime adjustments, but in game. And I think that is even more comes to light in a first game because there's a lot of unknown still. And when I talk to the coordinators on both teams, it was kind of like, Okay, trust our training, trust our rules, and then we'll make adjustments based on what we see that we don't know. You know, Jeff Hafley was a defensive coordinator for the Packers. He was a head coach at BC, so they're going to have to see exactly what he's doing and they'll make adjustments in the game.
Speaker 14: And then the other thing for me is I've been doing this such a.
Speaker 13: Long time that I kind of build off of relationships, you know, relationships that I've made along the way. And we were on a call with Jalen Hurt yesterday and it was kind of funny because I started asking him a question.
Speaker 14: He interrupted.
Speaker 13: He said, Hey, Todd, wait a minute. You remember the first opening game you did of mine, don't you? And I'm thinking back and I said, oh, yeah, I do remember Oklahoma against Houston. I think he threw five touchdown passes. He says, yep, that's all right. So off of those relationships that I have and build off of.
Speaker 2: That, Okay, But Noah does Todd go into the quarterback mode where he speaks a different language when he's around the offensive coordinator and then the quarterback. You know, the yz banana curl blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 12: I haven't heard of Spider two white banana ass sept from Todd Blacklitch yet, but I know it's in there. I think when he talks to the coordinators, which he's done now our last couple of games separately, I'm sure that's where a lot of that comes out, which is better for me because if I was sitting here and he starts bringing some of that stuff out it would sound like the Portuguese again, and then I feel much more uncomfortable once again. But no, I like when Jalen Hurts gives him a little wait weight thanks for being on my game.
Speaker 9: I feel comfortable again. That's that's the fun stuff for me.
Speaker 2: You don't do that, do your ton You don't go into the uh. I used to play the game. Let me let me tell you, let me ask him. I my check down used to be this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Now I don't. I don't do that.
Speaker 14: I h.
Speaker 13: I mean, look, I love talking ball, I love you know, doing that. But at the same time, you know, I know the audience that.
Speaker 14: I'm that I'm speaking to. Also, I mean, I'm not going to do that on the air either.
Speaker 13: I want to say it in a way that that everybody can understand. I always try to answer the question why why this play works, why didn't it work?
Speaker 14: Why is the game going this way? But I don't want to say it in a way.
Speaker 13: That anybody could understand and say, oh wow, that's a good point.
Speaker 14: I didn't. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Did Romo change anything for you when he started predicting? Like, did do you think analysts or did you feel like, Wow, I should I change, do I to do something different because Romo was you know, noster damis with some of these plays.
Speaker 13: Honestly, and I'm not saying this, I'm not pulling, you know, to my own horn, but I felt like I had done that before, not to the same degree.
Speaker 14: But I always try to look ahead.
Speaker 13: I think there's a balance for an analyst of looking back, analyzing and replay breaking down what just happened, but also being able to spin the game forward and what you anticipate and.
Speaker 14: What you feel.
Speaker 13: And you know, part of your preparation and film study is to be able to do that.
Speaker 14: So I feel like I've always kind of had a good balance of that.
Speaker 13: He obviously early in his career particularly, really took that to a new level. And I would expect Brady in his first year will be very similar because he's so closely removed from the game, uh it, you know, I would expect him to be very very similar here coming out of the gate.
Speaker 2: And also with no huddle, everything's hurry up. You don't get that much time to really reset something, and I think it makes it harder on the play by play guy. I've said this about Jim Nance He's got to kind of grab whatever Tony says and leaves it out there in the ether, bring it back, call the play, and then Tony might jump in a little bit, and then Jim's got to bring it back. So, you know, the speed of the game I think has changed how we broadcast a game. Know, you're not old enough to have you know, remember your dad is, But to remember what it was like when you got to huddle up, you know where there was a little bit more freedom there to set up your analyst.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's that sounds like a different sport.
Speaker 14: And to huddle what is it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 12: No, I mean I know Todd, so you didn't want to toot his own horn. I'll toot his horn for him. Todd to me, and we've got a chance to work together now for a little over a year.
Speaker 9: You talk about.
Speaker 12: Space, you talk about understanding when each of us have to get in in our roles.
Speaker 9: I haven't worked with many people better than this.
Speaker 12: I mean, guy is so good at one economy of words and understanding what needs to be said and how to say it properly. But two the point that he just made, he has the perfect blend of looking back and looking ahead and so when you listen the analysis that he has, and it's because of all the film.
Speaker 9: That I watch him watch. I mean, last year, we would spend time in.
Speaker 12: Our compound and I would just watch him call him through through and he would say, Hey, look at this, look at this tight end. I can't believe he did this over And I'm like, dude, I'm not going to mention this on the air, but it's impressive that you're doing it.
Speaker 9: It makes my job a lot easier.
Speaker 12: It makes my life a lot smooth, and so I'm very appreciative of that.
Speaker 9: But he definitely does all of those things.
Speaker 12: And so I think, you know, because NFL fans don't get to see him all the time, they'll get a real glimpse of that again on Friday.
Speaker 13: You know what's interesting, though, Dan is you know, we did two NFL games last year, and after doing thirty years of college football and you know, a whole season with Noah last year, the NFL game has a much more comfortable pace overall to call his brea broadcasters than the college game.
Speaker 14: There's a whole lot more urgency and speed up and hurry up in the college unless you're doing a Michigan game. They're one of the only teams that's still in college football at all but the NFL. The normal pace of the game is much more comfortable from a broadcast perspective than the college game.
Speaker 2: No, how often does your dad critique your work?
Speaker 14: I critique my work, zero, critique me in life all the time.
Speaker 12: Why would you wear that shirt's all black on Dan Patrick?
Speaker 9: I guarantee that's going to be the next thing. No, you know, I would say critique is the wrong word.
Speaker 12: I think that you know, we talk every day and we just talk about life and what's going on. And then every now and then, if one of us said something on the air that maybe I said something he liked, he'll say, oh, that was really good. And then there are other moments where said, hey, you said it this way, think about doing it this way. But it's not overbearing. It's never been something where I'm like he needs to stop talking. He also, I think, has allowed for me to really come to him and be the one to be the catalyst of some of those conversations. And I always want to continue to improve. That's been my real goal since I started doing this in college, is just every time get a little better, so I crave it, and I think he's.
Speaker 9: There for boding.
Speaker 2: Have fun. We'll be watching. Thank you again, guys, I appreciate it again. That's Todd Blackledge, Noah Eagle. They will be on the call. The game will be in Brazil, coming up on a Friday night, exclusively on Peacock. A couple of phone calls in here, uh Shawn and Sacramento. Hi, Sean, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 15: Yeoh, my West African uncle from another mother and my brother Vine the board man.
Speaker 4: I love finding out new facts about you, Dan.
Speaker 15: I know you had a little sauce in you man.
Speaker 2: Real quick.
Speaker 16: I have three scalding hot takes.
Speaker 8: Whoa's related?
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, hold on, let me get my sharpie ready to go, Seawan and Sacramento. Three scalding hot takes. All right, here we go.
Speaker 4: The first.
Speaker 16: The Chiefs will not, I repeat, will not make the playoffs.
Speaker 15: Even with Pat Mahomes and the Wizard of Oz Andy Reid, they could only pull the ten Mens, the Harless Lion, and the Scarecrow as wide receivers. So far down, and I feel like that old line is due for some injuries. Not that I'm wishing that on them, and another contributing factor is the breakup of Kelsey and t Swizzle.
Speaker 2: Wow, I gotta call it, Dan Okay.
Speaker 15: Just in time for the holidays so that they could go their separate ways and be single. And then my finals sizzling hot take you all win the Sports Emmy after Dan Patrick gets the two back together. Shortly after Chief Swizzle wins a Grammy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sean, Okay, that's a lot. Yeah, I think he had me until the Sports Emmy. Well, I do love anyone can get them back together, it's you. I would do my best to keep them together. I think we're all better for it. All right, last call for phone calls. What we learn, what's in store tomorrow's sports history? This day in sports history tomorrow are Super Bowl picks guaranteed to go wrong.
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: I'm exhausted today. Hot Taggs, hot cakes, hot dogs took it out of me. I still got to make my Super Bowl pick tomorrow once again. I'm kind of locked in on it, which is kind of scary because normally I waiver talk myself into something, out of something, back into something, and then I regret it like I did the last couple of years. You overthink it, you do all right. Stat of the day, we want to thank Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Drew Brees is going to join us, I believe on the show tomorrow. Colt McCoy, former NFL quarterback, He's going to be doing Colorado Nebraska game.
Speaker 3: Is that right now? NBC Sports Big ten part of their hole.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll be coming up tomorrow. We'll have the two quarterbacks. Was Colt ever a backup for Drew Brees? I don't think so, but uh maybe we could do a little research there. Kevin in Vegas, Hey Kevin, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Hey? Dan and Danet. I got a hot take that's gonna put you all over the world right here, okay, we're here with Paulie. With Paulie earlier trying to hide his bat his first too bad hot take. This puts push him over the edge to be mb the most valuable dan at O the year.
Speaker 2: That that's it. That's gonna get him the most Valuable then at.
Speaker 16: It was good.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he tried to hide it seat and caught it. Seaton would be the most valuable Danet for catching Pauli in the Hey, did you notice what I said? What about the other two that you said? It was a good segment, a lot of fun. Danitz did a great job with them. I just saw where the San Diego Chargers have listed a three hundred pound defensive lineman. At the LA Chargers, they're only full back on the depth chart, so they have a three hundred pound former defensive lineman Scott Mattlock. It does sound like he could be a full ads Mattlock, so he is. Jim Harbaugh is going to use him set to play a lot. He changed his number from ninety nine to forty four so he gets to fit in with the tight ends and the fullbacks. I like it. Jim Harblaugh. Bring in the big man, Scott matt Bring in Mattlock. Be on the sideline, get me Mattlock. Boom Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This big guy played at Boise State and it appears he had a few reps in the backfield as a receiver blocker. He had two carries and two receptions in five years of college. Okay paced himself.
Speaker 2: All right, by the way. The odds to score the most rushing and receiving touchdowns combined in the NFL this season, Todd Saquon Barkley, he's on the list, Marvin, Christian McCaffrey. Yeah, it's Christian McCaffrey and it's not even close. Second on the list is a tie, Paulie, would you like to venture a guess.
Speaker 3: Because the reception, I'm still gonna with Derek Henry.
Speaker 2: Derek Henry Bloop. That's surprising. Derrick Henry and Jamier Gibbs. They are second on the list, and then it's Saquon Barkley and then Bryce Hall the Jets. There there's a lot of love for Brice Hall. It's like Brece Hall right behind Christian McCaffery in a few fantasy drafts. Brice sall he got hurt last year, but he's good. He really good. H So Ravens are getting three against the Chiefs. The over under forty six and a half. Jason in Vermont, Hi Jas, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Hi Dan?
Speaker 14: How you doing great? Like that?
Speaker 16: You saved the best take for last Wow? I get the hidest Tike.
Speaker 17: Okay, big time Sam, longtime follower five eleven, just like Slim Shady, Appreciate you, Dan, You've got a great staff. By the way, So my hot take is I got Rock Purty in week three taking a big hit and getting knocked out for the season, and Niners are going to go into a two week slide and John Lynch is going to start to panic and he's going to reach out to Tom Brady to convince him to come out of retirement to return back to California.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is a hot take, that is. But Tom's part of the Raiders ownership. Can can an owner play for another team? Tom's having problems just broadcasting for Fox while being part owner of the Raiders. I think you would have to give up part ownership of the Raiders if he was going to play for the forty nine Ers. By the way, we were speaking about who's the pitcher through one oh five point five? Is that Joyce? Ben Joyce? Uh Nolan Ryan was the first baseball pitcher to be tracked by radar during a game, and his fastball reached almost one oh one one and one miles per hour. This is nineteen seventy four Now, this is what you need to understand about what we did back then and what we do now. In measuring how fast somebody pitches, radar was measuring the balls it crossed the plate. So Nolan Ryan's pitch nowadays would have been a lot faster because today's pitch speed is measured from when it leaves the pitcher's hand. Nolan Ryan's pitch would probably have been in today's game close to one hundred and eight miles per hour. That's the difference. They measured his when it went over the plate. Now, pitchers, when they release the ball is where they measure how fast they're throwing, because it doesn't matter how fast I'm letting it go. It matters how fast it is when it goes over the plate. Like it's meaningless to do it up here, But the numbers are very impressive and we're like, wow, he's throwing that fast. Nolan Ryan's pitch would have been closer to one hundred and eight miles per hour. Stead hell yeah, stead of the day?
Speaker 3: What stead of the day?
Speaker 2: Stat of the day?
Speaker 3: Here comes that? What stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Stat of the day? Broughn'ch you buy Panini America, the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show. This day in sports History, PAULI.
Speaker 3: Just a couple. Nineteen ninety three, Jim Abbott, pitcher for the New York Yankees, pitched a no hitter. He did so he was born without a right hand, and I checked he still had no right hand when he got the no hitter. I just want a journalists.
Speaker 2: He was a really good quarterback.
Speaker 3: He went to Michigan for baseball.
Speaker 2: He was a really good quarterback, one handed quarterback. What an amazing athlete.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and two, the Oakland Athletics won the ALE record twentieth straight game, and Scott Hadiberg Shocker got the home run to win it. The game was the fifty five thousand biggest ever at the Coliseum, and that became the movie and book Moneyball.
Speaker 2: Moneyball on the State. Nineteen ninety one, Baseball dropped the asterisk from Roger Merris's home run record. Let me take your time, Yeah, I know, did that what thirty years prior? Let's go around the room. What we learned on the program, Todd, Did you learn anything today?
Speaker 8: We had hot dogs, hot takes in hot cakes today.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dan Patrick, You beauty suck up Marvin no Ego doesn't know what a huddle is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, imagine don't play by play now and you're like, wait a minute, what they used to do? Paulie? Would you learn we're big in Brazil today?
Speaker 1: Todd?
Speaker 2: What did I learn?
Speaker 3: Did all?
Speaker 8: Lofty?
Speaker 3: Predicts the Cheeks beat the lines on the Super Bowl?
Speaker 15: Says the Dopins don't make the playffs, Commanders and Jags win their respective divisions.
Speaker 2: Rapid Radios instant push to talk walkie talkies offering national lt coverage, no subscription or monthly fees. Business owners stay in touch with your staff with one push of a button. Rapid Radios dot Com for sixty percent off in free shipping. Have a great day, everybody. We look forward to Thursday chatting with you