Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific, sixth Eastern Saturday Mornings with a Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is a Thursday here on the show. And you know what that means. Well, amazingly we're on the air. What a night I had? That's another story entirely. Well, we are here today and we will be here this afternoon Rustling Observer Radio, I believe will be around one thirty or two Pacific, and that'll go up for subscribers afterwards if you're not watching live on YouTube. And then later on tonight a Brianaviny Show Talking aw and nxt SO three shows today to make up for no Observer radio last night. But we got a lot to get into here today, including hey, there's an Impact here tonight. It is the final Impact before TNA moves to AMC. How do you think TNA is gonna do on AMC. We're gonna find out soon enough. That kicks off next week, which is at abut two days before their next pay per view. We have Dynamite from last night. A lot of stuff happened on the Dynamite show. SmackDown is a big show tomorrow, three Stages of Hell for the WWE Championship at eight man Tag with the Wyatts and the MFTs and more. We've got Collision coming up this weekend, and of course Worse of the wrestling World. It just moves on. And on far as News, we got an update on Logan Paul, which I made the top story because it's kind of funny. We got WWE's World Convention returning for WrestleMania forty two. We got somebody resigning with TNA. Wrestling more on Chris Jericho and Jay White and Obo Femi. In fact, he has in fact vacated the NXT title, as if that wasn't abundantly clear at the end of that that show on Tuesday. Anyway, Filthy Tom is going to join us here today. We got a lot to talk about. We'll kick it off after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with sportsbetting claim dot Com, he'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation. Please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbetting claim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sportsbetting claim dot com.
Speaker 5: Do you want to add a boost to yourself sex life this weekend? Do you want to make your partner and yourself happy? Then call our special hotline now. We'll sell you those little pills that work below the belt for less than one dollar a pill and deliver your package in a few days, just in time for the weekend. Our pill delivers almost the same results as expensive pills for less than a dollar apiece, and you don't need a prescription.
Speaker 1: And ask about their buy three get three free offer.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Boost your sex life and have a great time now less than a dollar a pill, discrete delivery in a few days and a buy three get three free offer. Down this number and save it now.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred two four five two seven five one eight hundred two four five two seven five one eight hundred two four five two seven five one. That's eight hundred two four five twenty seven fifty one pay for by the pharmacy shot.
Speaker 6: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. There are new tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed to help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID release programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayer savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now. It doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of your tax problems.
Speaker 3: Call the Tax Helpline now. Eight hundred nine four nine oho three nine eight hundred nine four nine three nine eight hundred nine four nine ooh three nine of eight hundred and nine four nine zero zero zero thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Man, if you ever heven just a day where you're depressed about everything going on in wrestling, just go read the newspapers from the real world and then get back here again. Well, we got a lot to talk about here today. Holy smokes, last night. I don't think anyone cares. I do, so, like the worst, the worst night of the week is Wednesday night because for whatever reason, Dave ends up not watching NXT until Wednesday, so he has to watch Dynamite and then he watches NXT and so he's never ready to do the show until like twelve thirty or one or something like that. So it's always such a late night. I'm so tired. And then it was worse because Tuesday night Hanole got like neuro virus or something and she started barfing, and uh, and she barfed till about three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 7: You sure it wasn't because of skippers.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was, dude, it doesn't matter. I mean she barfed so much, and just like every hour I was up, she barfed. I'm up again, she barfed. Then when she stopped barfing, then I had to get up again because she needed a drink of water because now she's probably dehydrated. So anyway, oh.
Speaker 8: God, And then my son hit his head and he had to get go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got a who was it was it? Fador that got sliced open like that? It's like you could just go like this and see his marginal.
Speaker 7: Belfort.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: So, anyway, I wake up Wednesday, I am freaking exhausted and like if you listen to yesterday's Observer Live and I'm just stumbling all over my words, like yeah, that was so Anyway, I text Dave and I'm like, what's the earliest you can go? Like, we gotta go as early as we can, so you know, he goes, he goes, I might be able to do eleven thirty. I'm like, oh my god, that would be a miracle if we went at eleven thirty. So I call him at eleven thirty and he goes, yeah, I'll get ready. So, for those who don't understand Dave getting ready, there's always an additional half hour for him to print out his notes and do whatever. So at twelve o'clock, which granted it's midnight, but it's still like way earlier than usual, Dave walks over and I see him going to sit down on the couch to start the show, and everything dies. I'm like, oh my god, his internet went out. I don't care. I'm gonna call him on the phone. Then I realized it's my internet. My Internet's down? What the heck's going on? So like, I'm trying to reboot, like my internet's dead. No, he literally just sat down early. There's no way my internet died. So I text ADMINTONI because he's like, you know, three blocks away, if my internet's down, his internet is down. So I text him as your Internet down. He doesn't say anything, you know, lol or something like that. But you know, he doesn't say his internet's down. So I'm like, I gotta do this show. So I call the internet company and I'm like, is there an outage?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Can I at least know if there's an outage? Lady goes, No, there's no outage. It's it's just it must be just your your internet. And so I reboot the router. I reboot the router again. She does the cycle, whatever it is to reboot the router on their end. I go down into the garage. I pull everything out of the wall and plug it back in. Nothing's working. It's now twelve forty five. I'm like, God, it's not gonna happen tonight. So I finally give up. I'm even more exhausted than ever. I message Dave, We've got to do the show tomorrow whatever. They set up a technician to come out today after one o'clock. It's just a complete disaster. Wake up this morning. The internet's on, everything's fine. Tony texts me. He's trying to set everything back up again. I said, how come you didn't tell me that your internet's down? He goes, I did. He sends me a screenshot. Turns out his message was the one message that didn't go through on my phone. If I had just known that his internet was down, I would have just gone to bed, but instead it stayed up for an extra hour trying to fix that internet. Schedule the guy to come in today, the whole shebang, and it turns out it was just an outage and they were wrong. There was an outage. So anyway, three shows today, guys. You ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah? By the way, the YouTube's not working.
Speaker 1: Don't even You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 7: No, it hasn't been on the whole time. I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't know how Sun casts. What's going on? Is YouTube not working on top of everything else? Jeez, let's see what we got here. It's not like there's any news today. You know what I'm saying, yeah, it's not up live. I don't know what's going on, not just isn't on. Yeah, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: I don't know how to start it. Eithered in.
Speaker 1: It looks like people are in the chat.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 1: Suncast has told me it's now fixed.
Speaker 7: Okay, except it's.
Speaker 1: It's not fixed here either, all right, won't figure it out YouTube. Hey, you know, next time, don't bet trolls and maybe you'll be top of the list.
Speaker 7: And to the bottom on those are my peoples.
Speaker 1: Actually they've been a little bit better lately. It still says upcoming.
Speaker 8: Well you want you want to know why because it's playing under the Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave Meltzer and Brian. It's it's playing under that one right now. That's what's happening.
Speaker 1: It's playing under yeah, yeah, okay, whatever you can find it guys. Otherwise, sign up for Twitch. You can do it free with your Amazon Prime account. You can watch this show every day. Yeah, it's working, but it looks like it's members only. All right, we'll fix it during the break. Everybody now talk about news. So tonight is the final t and a impact before they move to AMC.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The main event of the AMC show next week is Frankie Czery and Mike Santana. So my guess is that the whole reason that they did that Mike Santana title loss three weeks after he won it was to make you really angry and then tune into the debut show to see him win it back. That's what it looks like.
Speaker 7: He's gonna win it. And then Nick Nevith is gonna cash.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, hey listen, Tommy, Dreamer, Lance, whoever's listening right now, don't do that. Okay, do not start the first AMC show with angry people in heat, just like don't. Then we've got Stax, Lorenzo and Steve Macklin for the international title. We got the System versus Leon Slater, Cedric Alexander and the Hardys. That mat should be awesome. Uh must of all Lee and order for addressed TNA Genesis. I'LLI just re signed with TNA, so he's sticking around. Danny Luna versus Harley Hudson and the Heartys will kick off the episode, so that'll be the Uh, that'll be the show tonight, and then the actual debut which is next next week, we got two matches announced, Frankie and Mike Santana's noted and Leon Slater defends the X title against Myron Reid. Because on Impact you can be a twenty one year old champion and a main eventor unlike somewhere else that I.
Speaker 8: Know, Brian, Yes, you are a subscriber to all of these different services that are out there, all the different streaming services, but you are not a subscriber to a cable provider or YouTube TV or one of those.
Speaker 7: How do you get AMC?
Speaker 1: How do you get AMC?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can so it's on YouTube TV or wherever. But you can also you can you can do the TNA streaming service. You can watch it. I think AMC has a streaming service. If I record there is a plus, yes, but I mean it's on I mean most cable networks should get AMC.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but there's an increasing number of people like MI that do not have one of these cable streaming providers and instead I go a la carte.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll have to do AMC plus or I mean, honestly, it's I don't know how much it is. I think it's like one hundred and fifty a year. And yes, if you're watching in the YouTube chat for members, yes, it did just die, so go out and we've we've opened up the free one, I believe. So that's what's going on. I told everyone we get it fixed there. That's Wrestling Observer Live with Dave Melton and Brian Alvers. I don't know what's going on everybody, We'll figure it out. But anyway, Uh so, TNA has our TNA Plus streaming service.
Speaker 7: My guns aren't as big as Dave Meltzer's, but my.
Speaker 1: And then you can also get all of the pay per views on there as part of your subscription. So if you're a big fan of TNA, you should just get the TNA Plus. That's the easiest way to do it. And uh yeah, that's the uh that's the story there.
Speaker 7: What is the worst value in streaming de Zonne?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the most irritating Max and Dynamite. Do you realize that Dynamite went like seventeen minutes over last night?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: And you know, everyone's like, well, you know, if you don't, if you don't see the end, just watch it on Max. You realize, like a lot of people don't have Max, so like you're just screwed. But anyway, maciam with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: If you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Al right, well we are back here on the show. Has noted on the YouTube chat which is up back working again? Is Barrel on through day? You're on Observer Live?
Speaker 7: Yeah, a little bit of information, Brian.
Speaker 1: Yes, for you and the listeners. Yes, tell us about AMC Plus.
Speaker 7: That's so.
Speaker 8: I was gonna talk about the subscription of Spice Network. But since you mention it, AMC Plus ninety five eighty eight a year a value of seven ninety nine a month, or if you want to go month to month.
Speaker 7: Nine ninety nine or six ninety nine are your options.
Speaker 1: I think the bigger story is there's still a Spice Network? Is there? Actually? Was that was gonna be real big breaking news here today. All right, SmackDown tomorrow has as uh as was noted to me three stages of heck. Actually for the WWE title, there is a straight wrestling match of falls out anywhere match in an old school cage.
Speaker 7: MATCHFI will not be involved in the first.
Speaker 1: Fall a man. That's literally what Drew asked for, a straight professional wrestling match after he's been screwed countless time. So he wants a straight match.
Speaker 7: Hey, well, at least we know what's on the up and up. It's not a put up job.
Speaker 8: William Muldoon and Tootsman are in the back trying to, you know, gimmick the finish here.
Speaker 7: We know it's a straight match. We're gonna get a real finish.
Speaker 1: Then we've got the eight man Tag, Whites and the mft S. Yes, not looking forward to that and in Rave Phoenix.
Speaker 7: But you know what, don't.
Speaker 8: Look forward to it, Brian. Don't look forward to it because the last time you didn't look forward to a Wyatts match.
Speaker 1: No, I did.
Speaker 7: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: I looked forward to the match. I just expected it to be horrible. You don't think I look forward to every match involving the Clowns. I can't think of a match I've ever not looked forward to involving the Psycho Circus. All right, a bunch of news notes here. Logan Paul claimed on his YouTube vlog that he assigned a long term WWE contract, and he claims and I think this is like the third time that he's claimed this. He's now a full timer. Yes, that's what he said. He's devoting all of his time and effort now to WWE. Didn't he say that this summer, all of it. I'm pretty sure he said all of this this summer.
Speaker 7: Twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: He says, I want to hit it hard in twenty twenty six. I want to become the best wrestler. I can be the best husband, father, and business partner. Let's go, baby, I'm excited. You know it might have been that. So I listen. You know, there was a thing the other day. It was actually on Monday where I was talking about somebody from WWE. After it was Tuesday, somebody after Raw was in Concussion Protocol, and I literally like six times said I don't know who it was. I'm not reporting this. I'm just speculating that it could have been. And then I went on, this was all over the internet, Brian Alverers report seehim punk and concussion Protocol. I was like, first off, of all the people, second off, I mean, come on, so let me just say I don't I'm not reporting this, nerds, I don't know it's speculation, okay, but I think that Logan Paul last year had a contract with X number of dates, and I think what happened was in like late November, they realized this guy's got like six matches left, so that's why he was wrestling every single If you remember, he was wrestling every single week on Raw for like the end of the year. So I think it was just catching up on dates that he owed them for twenty twenty five. But if you watched it, it was very clear that there is a He's very talented and he's very athletic, but there is a huge difference between Logan Paul, who has several weeks to you know, prepare for a match and go over the match and blah blah blah, and the Logan Paul who shows up the day of the show and has a new match every week for five weeks. He looked like a guy that probably should still be in developmental So maybe that opened his eyes and he realized, you know what, I actually need to like go, I need to get working here because I still got a ways to go. But he says he's a full timer now, so we'll see. Yes, he took a deep breath say it. Don't be afraid.
Speaker 7: You know, he should use more of is his amateur wrestling skills.
Speaker 1: He should.
Speaker 7: He grew up as.
Speaker 8: An amateur wrestler, and he should rely on that a little bit more instead of all the acrobatics.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 1: Is that right? So he got out of that.
Speaker 7: It's my advice.
Speaker 1: WWE World Convention it's returning for WrestleMania forty two, take place over five days April sixteenth through April twentieth, That is Thursday through Monday of WrestleMania weeks. Tickets are going on sale next week with a WrestleMania forty two ticket holders and previous attendees getting pre sale access. General public on sale will begin Friday, January sixteenth. So this is the old, the former access, et cetera. They're gonna be having a new addition to WWE World this year, Hulkamania Forever Showcase, honoring the late Hulk Hogan. So that's the story.
Speaker 8: The excuse me? What do you think is gonna be in that exhibit? Oh, come on, get a chug some real American beer.
Speaker 1: They'll have some Uh.
Speaker 7: Do you get to drop some racist quotes?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A safe space, get to take a picture next to a wax statue of him. I'm sure they'll have some of his boots and belts and big picture of him slamming Andre all those legendary moments for those ninety three and seventy three fans at the at the Dome. Yeah, Jay White still not medically cleared. He showed up at the Tokyo Dome and physically he looked good. I mean, he didn't look like any issues walking or I don't even know what the injury is. He had that that foot injury, came back from that, got injured again, and I don't know what the injury was, but I have been told and I don't know what it means, but like he'll be back this year. That's a long time. So uh. It was a hand injury, hand injury and shoulder surgery. So that was That was March, however, so it's been a real long time, so hopefully everything gets worked out. And he did have a foot injury, so yes, that's true. So he's had multiple injuries, which I feel bad for that guy because wrestling is so weird in the sense that he doesn't work a dangerous style at all. He's just like a great worker. I mean he's more an old school worker than a lot of guys.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, but he was wrestling that new Japan main event style. It's not like this guy hasn't been suplex a million times.
Speaker 1: But I mean, if you look at he may not be.
Speaker 8: Taking serious acrobatic risks in many of his matches, but I mean he and he goes at a hard pace.
Speaker 1: He does. But let's look at a Darby Allen. You know, what is he had in terms of injuries?
Speaker 7: I don't want to look at him.
Speaker 1: Almost almost nothing.
Speaker 7: And then there's like, what what Brian?
Speaker 8: We can no longer say that Darby Allen's in and out of the injured list.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm talking about when's the last time he missed six months due to a surgery or something. I don't know.
Speaker 8: The guy took six months off to go climb a mountain, climbed exactly kind.
Speaker 7: Of injured, then.
Speaker 8: Healed up, came back, got injured, got injured again, got injured again.
Speaker 1: He has had a lot of shorter term talking broken bones.
Speaker 8: Surgery, et aver No from CMLL, he doesn't get injured.
Speaker 1: To pick him, dude, pick John Moxley. That guy wrestles every week, like almost twice a week.
Speaker 7: He looks like he can barely walk.
Speaker 1: He does look like he can barely move, but goll lee, that guy's out there every week. He's a maniac.
Speaker 7: I've been there. John Moxley's on his way to a hip replacement.
Speaker 1: I'm sure imagine he's gonna probably have everything replaced by the time all is sudd and done. But anyway, he's not gonna be back for a while. So all the best to h to j White. W W did confirm, although I don't think this needed confirmation, that Oba has vacated the NXT time. Yeah, he's vacated the NXT title. And if you watch the show, oddly enough, what you saw on television actually was what everybody saw in the building.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What they did was he was standing there posing like we saw on TV, and then they turned all the lights off to show the video on the big screen. And then when the video was almost over, they turned the lights on and the belt is just sitting there in the middle of the ring and the fans starts screaming, and that's when they had what's his face rush in and tells, yeah, Robertsone tells Ava, you'll never guess what you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, did you see what happened? Of course not. She wasn't watching the main event of the show.
Speaker 1: Nobody saw what happened. It was in the dark. So anyway, he he's vacated the title, going to the main roster, gonna get a huge push. Obviously, what everyone is expecting is that he's going to interfere in the Drew McIntyre match on SmackDown, because they had that Oba Femi Cody match and Drew interfered, and then they have the three stages of heck tomorrow. And very interesting that news dropped today that Oba Femi is gonna go to Raw. Now I'm not saying that that is fake news. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen. Maybe it is, but I do find it very interesting that the day before everybody expects him to interfere in that match, word broke that he's gonna go to the other brand. I think there's a decent chance that they're trying to trying to swerve everybody, and he will interfere tomorrow, but we'll see.
Speaker 7: You know what I would like to see happen, Brian, What's that I don't think it will.
Speaker 8: But after Ethan Page's promo, I love this promo talking about defending that title, the North American title. We talked about it the other day. Just get rid of that NXT World title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did talk about that.
Speaker 8: And we can have the NXT International title as the top belt held by Ethan Page.
Speaker 7: And then that'll also be at the top of the wrestling SEO search engines as they would love. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Neckt them home for Dynamite Observer Live.
Speaker 3: Packages started twenty nine ninety nine a month with sign agreement restriction supply. Speak to a representative for complete off for details, seevivient dot com for licensed details, terms and conditions applying homeowners.
Speaker 9: If you're looking for the best in home security and smart home technology at a price you can actually afford, we have great news. Now you can get Viviants award winning home security systems starting at about a dollar a day. US News and World Report has recognized vivid as the best professionally installed home security system of twenty twenty two, and right now you can get Vivens home security technology for about a dollar a day, plus get free professional installation from a licensed technician. Protect your home and loved ones for as low as a dollar a day. Call right now for your free home security consultation.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred nine one eight six' one eight, nine eight hundred nine one eight sixty one eight, nine eight hundred nine one eight sixty one eight. Nine that's eight hundred nine, one eight sixty one eighty. Nine do you have a, Book get it out of your mind and make it a real? Book where a free guide to book. Publishing trying to publish a book yourself can be. Complicated it takes a lot of, time time that you could spend writing your book or even more. Books do what you do. Best we can do the. Rest thousands of authors across the nation have trusted our book publishing. Service we have the connections to help you get your book, printed distributed and sold On, Amazon Apple, Books barnes And noble and bookstores. Nationwide we can do it faster than you can on your. Own get your free guide to. Publishing it's a free phone. Call, remember make this free call right now and learn how to turn your book into something real that people can. Buy get your Free writer's guide call right. Now eight hundred four eight two eight three nine nine eight hundred four eight two eight three nine, nine eight hundred four eight two eight three nine. Nine that's eight hundred four eight two eighty three ninety.
Speaker 9: Nine life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody, needs but few people actually. Have, hey if you die unexpectedly without life, insurance guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger. Mess life insurance will help replace your family's. Income it'll help cover burial. Expenses life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical. Bills life insurance can even pay for.
Speaker 7: College and if you.
Speaker 9: Own a business and you, die life insurance can help your business from. Collapsing it can even help cover estate. Taxes life insurance has never been more affordable and. Needed, plus you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some. Money so call The Life insurance quote line right now for free pricing.
Speaker 3: Information eight hundred nine one five nine six five, four eight hundred nine one five nine six five, four eight hundred nine one five nine six five. Four that's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty.
Speaker 2: Four you are listening To Wrestling Observer live With Brian alvarez And Mike simpervivi on The Sports Byline broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Network tom has an update before we do. That, GUYS i can say hell on the. Radio i'm saying three stages of heck because these are not hellish stipulations a straight wrestling. Match why DO i have to explain? This? Tom? Please?
Speaker 7: Please what go on your? Update for?
Speaker 1: SAKE i mean the.
Speaker 8: People the people have been waiting to find. Out but Apparently SPICE tv is still. Around, no it's not operating only In South.
Speaker 7: Korea only In South.
Speaker 1: Korea? Wow?
Speaker 7: Interesting, Say, hey Those South koreans they love Their western.
Speaker 1: Culture So i'm glad you spent all that time during the break investigating.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Tom thank you.
Speaker 8: WELL i spent like ten seconds investigating it and then about two minutes looking at you know.
Speaker 1: Evidence, hey can we do this dynamite?
Speaker 7: Report, yeah go for. IT i don't have Any does you have no? Notes this isn't my?
Speaker 1: Beat, WELL i, know BUT i mean we talked about this, yesterday SO i thought you'd do. IT i can do.
Speaker 7: It eleven at. NIGHT i can do.
Speaker 1: It it was earlier than. That it was in the, afternoon wasn't.
Speaker 8: It the show doesn't air until my, Time so what are you talking?
Speaker 7: About?
Speaker 1: NO i asked you in the. Afternoon, Geek, no that's not.
Speaker 7: True, really don't make me go do.
Speaker 8: This, well we had Aew. DYNAMITE i couldn't tell you the order of which did not just. Happen IF i remember most of them going, DOWN i think it started with did it start With Shelton benjamin And John?
Speaker 1: MOXLEY i did ask you at eight sixteen. Pm it was too, late all, Right, well the show opened up. Everybody it was a pretty good addition To. DYNAMITE i liked. It Jim, ross it was introduced to the hometown. Crowd did the entire, show AND i thought you did a good. Job we had a pre tape from except for there was one exception THAT i got to bring up, later which wasn't, exception but he was my spirit. Animal so we had a pre tape Where renee alerted as a Jet speed had been beaten up and couldn't, compete And Don Callous Ricochet gates Of agony showed up and it was revealed That.
Speaker 7: Jake Doyle Doyle, rules.
Speaker 1: The Former Jake something And Mark davis beat them up and they're now apparently a tag. Team.
Speaker 8: Yeah at one time shared a room with This Jake, doyle AND i didn't know WHO i was rooming. With you, know a lot of times he's just you end up in a wrestling. Show oh you check.
Speaker 7: IN i.
Speaker 8: WENT i didn't know who was in. There there's just some. LUGGAGE i go in the. Bathroom there was like a full live e walk in the tub because apparently he had taken a shower and then left the.
Speaker 1: Room holy, Crap Harry Guy, ungodly it's actually incredible how much him and him And Mark davis look, alike, right well kind of, well not physique, wise but everything.
Speaker 7: Else, yeah.
Speaker 1: He's calling you now is he? Listening and he's, LIKE i can't Believe tom refiled that.
Speaker 8: Information, well one looks like The Jim class superstar and one looks like The Jim class.
Speaker 7: Teacher.
Speaker 1: Wow we Had John Moxeine Shelton ben in an eliminator. Match so as a, MATCH i thought the match was really. Great but this is one of the, things it's not even, aw BUT aw seems to be the one that irritates me the. Most everybody always has to make everything more complicated than it needs to, be the rules of these eliminator matches are now it's a twenty minute time. Limit if you can't beat the champion in twenty, minutes you're rewarded with a title match with a twenty minute time. Limit this doesn't make any.
Speaker 10: Sense, okay well you know you say, That, brian BUT i read a lot of wrestling history and there are so many matches that are similar to, this where it's like a guy has to throw a guy five times in an.
Speaker 7: Hour it's noteen.
Speaker 1: Seventy, four, dude it's fricking twenty twenty. Five, Like, so, anyway the rules are if you if it goes to a draw for your, book if it goes to a, Draw i've Read carl's book to if it goes to a, draw the non champion gets a title. Match, okay how did you read his book?
Speaker 7: Twice that book's like eight hundred.
Speaker 1: PAGES i got a lot of spare. Time so, anyway number, one would you shut? Up so it's a twenty minute time. Limit if you go twenty minutes and can't beat the, champion you're rewarded with a championship. Match, however if you're both outside the ring and you both get counted, out which is also a, draw you don't get a rematch for the, title so they tease it's gonna go to the time, limit and then with five seconds, Left moxley stacks him out of a triangle and pins. Him the best part of this match was ACTUALLY, mvp who is in fact a black belt in jiu. Jitsu he Sees Shelton benjamin put on a triangle and gets stacked and pinned and on the. Outside you've never seen a man so. Depressed this is the coach of a guy who's like his dude went to the finals In Abu dhabi and got beat with some stupid. Move his head is in his, hands who's shaking his? HEAD i thought he was just gonna quit the. Business he was so.
Speaker 8: Sad he was on commentary talking about how they worked on that triangle. Choke he locked it up and then that's what led to his. Downfall so how as a. Coach as a, coach you should be.
Speaker 1: Distraught we Had Kenny omega announced as returning next. Week we Had rikoshet in The gates Of agony Versus Jack perry and the Returning Young. Bucks bucks are total. Babyfaces they got their entrance, back they got The, piro they got the whole. Shebang total old school aw party, match and at the end they all triple Teamed ricochet And Jack perry pinned him and we'll be, Getting i'm sure a championship. Match but then they Had davis And doyle hitting the ring to destroy the baby faces and And Jet speed ran down with hockey sticks to make THIS. Sa then the light squout and they come back. On do you remember that angle they did years ago IN, tna WHICH i think they've actually done a few, times where there's a guy in the crowd with a sting mask, on, yes and then he punches somebody and then he takes off the sting max and it's.
Speaker 7: Sting.
Speaker 1: Yes, well we have the light squout and the lights come back, on and there's a guy in Androde helo's outfit and mask and then he takes a mask off and it Is androte, okay so he's. Back he's. Free and the Don cols family now has by my, account two one hundred and fifty nine. Members it's.
Speaker 7: Crazy good to see the young bucks are quickly.
Speaker 1: Recovered they sure.
Speaker 8: Are just a week ago they were not cleared for the rest of twenty twenty, five.
Speaker 1: Time off Over christmas and then uh and then THE ftr came out and stared down, everybody and they noted THAT ftr And andrada used to be long time tag. Partners. YEAH i was, like, HUH i have no memory of this, whatsoever but at least they reminded us that apparently it. Happened, yeah but.
Speaker 8: They just they just went out there and like looked at, him like they gave him a stern, look And ondred it was, like, oh, YEAH i remember these.
Speaker 7: Guys it was so.
Speaker 1: Bizarre sperson hear goes The callous family should. Start, Well, NO i wonder If brian And tom would ever join the Don callis. Family, HONESTLY i think that if you got a print out of who's in the Don kellis, FAMILY i think there's a decent chance chopping' Roll express would be on there.
Speaker 7: Somehow i'm actually In Voodoo murders really. Yeah, wow AND R o AND D willow came.
Speaker 1: Out willow came out for a victory. CELEBRATION i didn't think her promo was very. Good and then she called Out, mercedes And mercedes came out and she was wearing a morning outfit but it was white and not. Black and then she got in the ring And willow starts cutting this promo on her and there's a cake in the, ring And willow asked her to eat cake with, him and So mercedes starts tearing apart this table in a, fury and like she doesn't make a big deal out of. It Stat lanner just very calmly picks up the cake and she takes it off the. Table nobody wants the cake to be. Destroyed and Then mercedes goes After, willow but she misses and her face goes into the, cake and then with her face in the, cake all the baby faces Like Triple teamer three on one And powerbomber onto the, cake AND i was, like, man that was, rude not very. Nice and for some reason they turned the lights off and then like they just kept him off through this entire segment and it was. UNWATCHABLE i think it was a lighting, issue but it was. Irritating it happened later, too Which i'll talk about why that was even more. Irritating so Then Mark brisco as his match with that She Sarah. Saturday they hyped that. Up we had A triangle Of madness, promo hold.
Speaker 7: On hold, On you're gonna gloss.
Speaker 8: Over Mark brisco doing The hechicero alchemy taut.
Speaker 1: He did this guy's. Great we had A triangle Of madness promo and thank God tekla was. There then we Had bandido And Sammy, guevara which was a good. Match you can stop, already the camera's not even. On you had a good match and went back and, forth and then finally sam he hit the back suplex and THE Ddt bandido kicked. Out bendido flipped him over into a big knee twenty one, plex would you stop? It and got the. Pin it's a good. Match then we HAD mgf come down of the ring With John cruise and he's in there to hype up the match With, bandido And John cruise does a translation of everything that he. Said so this segment went twice as long as it needed. TO mjf, Talks John cruise, TRANSLATES mjf, Talks John cruise, translates and finally the, End bendito just grabs some mic and he, GOES i can Speak english AT mgf kicks him. Low he steals the ring, back but he goes to clabrehom accidentally Hits cruise took a great. Bump bendido KICKS mgf low takes the ring back and then hit both guys with the twenty one, plex so fun little angle to, like you, know the heel got His AND i THINK i would say THAT i think we know the match is gonna go next week, Now BUT i think we all knew who the match was gonna go before this segment even took. Place BUT i enjoyed. It we Had Tony storm And. Marina this was not. Good match wasn't. Good and Then tony hits a big package after selling the entire. Match she doesn't even get a. Comeback she hits one big. Package wheeler pulls the referee out of the, ring which happens on every single show, everywhere don't but today. Started it's a. Disqualification, yeah you know who the ref.
Speaker 8: Was you know who the ref was who decided this was A he Decided wheeler dah pulling his, foot not touching any of the people in the, ring not using for an. Object you know what ref decided this was. Enough Paul, turner the man who stared At Kazuchka okada as he attacked To keshua with a screw driver and stabbed him in the freaking.
Speaker 11: Face he let that. Go he was more concerned with the checking to see if the ropes were. Wet but Here Willer dah trying to tie the guy's. Shoe he decues.
Speaker 7: Him what Is Paul turner?
Speaker 1: Doing maybe it's a, Maybe maybe the sickos will tell you it's long term. Booking tom just wait and see had a pop Promo tarantis of a W pak told That darby he wasn't getting his, Match So darby threatening to break his leg And pap gave it to, them so that match is coming. Up This darby came off as a total. Criminal then we had the lights out. Match at least he's not Injured swerve And, hangman he wasn't actually Versus hobbs And Hook and so this is what irritated me so, Earlier like everyone's saying it must have been a lighting, Issue like you turn the lights, off it takes forever for them to come back. On that's what happened during The willow. Segment, okay, fine if that's the, case why In god's names you turn the lights off again? Here because it took five minutes for them to come back, on and these guys worked the first five minutes or so of this. Match it's. Darkness you can't see a. Thing i'm, like oh my, god they better turn these fricking lights back on in this lights out. Match and they finally, did by the grace Of. God and so they do this match and you, know the one Thing i'll say about aw is they. Deliver they had cinder, blocks they had like all of. THIS i, mean there was a spot where like Hangman page Gave hobbes the uh dead eye one of these cinder. Blocks looked like he freaking killed the guy and destroyed both of his.
Speaker 7: Knees, yeah it was a swerve stomp with the dead.
Speaker 1: Eye so they keep going back and forth and uh and finally right.
Speaker 7: Hold, on.
Speaker 8: He gave him a swerve stomp and a dead eye on top of the cinder.
Speaker 7: Blocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah and then they went back and forth and they kept going and Finally. Jr at the top of his lungs just goes get it over with as we're sixteen minutes into the, overrun and finally buckshot and they. Hung, uh they hung the hook and he gave up and that was. That back in them with More Observer, live.
Speaker 2: You were listening To Wrestling Observer live With Brian alvarez And Mike Simper vivi on The Sports Byline Broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Network, well you, know sometimes we just don't have time on this, show which is why we have a members area and an eighty four podcasts a. Month dave AND i are going to be up in about half hour for subscribers and we will be COVERING awnxt and all of the news and then the big show always as far as like covering the, shows Is brian And vinnie On thursday night because we DO aw AND nxt and we spend ninety minutes forty five minutes per show and there's a lot especially ON nxt to talk. About, Man vinnie was so depressed watching that RETRO tna show On. Tuesday but, man that show was miles better than THAT nxt. Show so that'll be tonight for, subscribers and you can sign up At wrestlingobserver dot com where you get all of the, shows every show we've ever done dating back to two thousand and, five The Wrestling Observer, Newsletter Wrestling Observer newsletter archives dating back to nineteen ninety, one and The, board or if you just want the podcast both YouTube and video dot FFOR w online dot com and F w online Dot, Com Slash. Spotify you get the video and the audio audio and video on those, two and if you just want the, Audio apple podcast if you've got An apple, Device apple podcasts as, well And Spotify YouTube And apple podcasts all just nine dollars and ninety nine cents a. Month so if you do the math, THERE i can't do math because my calculator doesn't work AND i need one divided by eighty four. Shows that's eleven cents a. Show what are you all waiting? For don't be? Poors anything? Else anything?
Speaker 8: Else Tom, no and even if you are, POOR i still love.
Speaker 1: You If brian, DOESN'T i do love. THEM i just want to guilt those YouTube. MEMBERS i fixed that for you, today. GUYS i fixed it for you, Well me And suncast And tom thank you so you Oas we'll talk to you next. Time Wrestling Observer. Live you have been listening to The Wrestling Observer daily podcast on the Eight Side network