Speaker 1: Kanye finally drops his album God it's been you know that Universal made him drop it like they.
Speaker 2: Just did it in post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was upset. Yeah, it's probably, in my opinion, the best thing that he's done in a decade, in a decade since My Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm not going that quite that far. I did like it a lot.
Speaker 1: I loved it, and it's long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very long.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven songs of heat. I mean the parts an hour fifty. It's an hour fifty. The park twos are basically the same as the part ones. But that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Is it just different lyrically?
Speaker 2: I think a few have like maybe an extra feature, so yeah.
Speaker 1: But there is a basketball angle to this. And the thing that I thought was interesting was this long ass production of Donda. It was supposed to drop a year ago. It had been in production before that for two years. I mean, he's been in an out of mental facility, so I know it's hard to record when you're going through things, but it's been a long time coming. Divorce, divorce, mental breaks, all that. Yeah, just being around Kardashians in and out hard on the productivity.
Speaker 2: Scale.
Speaker 1: I would imagine your productivity plummets when you're.
Speaker 2: Around them unless you're Devin Booker.
Speaker 1: Unless you're Devin Booker, only him, only him. Kind But apparently the basketball angle is that Kanye reached out to none other than Kevin Durant for his seal of approval on Donda. What just Katie smoking weed listening to hour and fifty of Boom Boom, you know, it's such a great album, just discussing the Donda Donda chant, like that Donda chant. I had to get past like fifty seconds of.
Speaker 2: Donda Donda Donda.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, I get it. That's and four seconds is enough for me to know what this is about to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's just an opener that just you're just always gonna skip. You're never going to listen to that other than the first listen.
Speaker 1: First listen, four seconds skip. Okay, this is my review of the album. I'd like to hear yours. It sounds like we're on the same page. My doorman fucking hated it. He was like, I expected it to be a lyrical masterpiece, the lyrics of Kanye from college drop out. I was like, listen, listen, fam. Let me just say this very clearly. The demarcation point of Kanye is his mother's passing away, and you're not getting the Kanye that was in existence before that.
Speaker 2: No, no, what, it's gone, He's dead.
Speaker 1: That person is gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean absolutely one hundred percent. The people that like try to say that, like, oh, like I just want the bars. The bars aren't there. Like, it's time to stop thinking of Kanye like as that. He's more of, Like you've got to think of it as him more of just like a composer, correct, And like yeah, like the beats, the features that he put together and produced like all that, all of it culminates in one project, and that's what you have to look at it as think about Like it's not bar heavy.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's it's an orchestral masterpiece.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: The music on it was so good, the layers of how the music is so forward facing. It's complete opposite of normal rap records, right like it like usually the beat is sort of layered in with the vocals. This, the vocals were so far behind the music it felt like you were inside of Like have you ever been to one of those sensory deprivation tanks.
Speaker 2: No, but I kind of see what you mean, Like.
Speaker 1: That, right, and you get out of the sensory deprivation tank where they literally all the light and all the sound is gone for like an hour and fifteen minutes, and you get out of the tank and you're just like whoa, whoa. You know, everything smells heavier, everything is brighter colors. It's just like that was Donda, like it was felt it felt like you're inside of a tube of music. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just thought like it was the perfect blend of like like gospel music, which he clearly like wants to make and he did with the last album Jesus King. It's like a good mixture and that was just too Jesusy for me, Like I just tried to wasn't into that, but I considered it his first miss ever. But I think this was like the right blend of like secular music and that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I did not expect us to go into like a religious breakdown, but that's totally right. I think it's like I'm not looking for Kirk Franklin. I'm okay with like ge Sus Walks, that's fine, or like if you're looking for Jesus, I forget how this song broke broke down on this recent album. It's like fine, yeah, yep, that's like as long as I can get you could say anything murred, like it just is the music. It could be literally any word and that's fine. It's just you can't think about this lyrically in any way, Like it's just song. It's just a sonics. He's just like a sonical sonically. I don't know what I'm saying, but it's like a the sound of the music is all you're really looking for. The words don't matter at all, especially if you're not a religious person.
Speaker 2: Like sick lyrics. Sig bars on it too, like it's not to completely take away from that. And I love the Weekend features, Yes, like those are great. Hurricane was great, j Z feature great. Yeah, the song Moon You had Kid Cutty on it too, like that song.
Speaker 1: Kids song for Kid Cuddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who got shaded? Chris Brown got shaded? Apparently he sent some vocals in. They didn't make the track Soldier Boy Rip Soldier Boy's career. He apparently sent some vocals in, didn't make didn't make the album Chances and on It Chances and on it. A lot of people hot because they sent their ship over and they thought it was gonna make it. But truthfully, the album's not really complete because Kanye didn't sign off on it. So maybe if it was up to him, those features would have made the thing. I think it's one of Kanye's best albums. It's it's the perfect to me, the perfect blend of ato eights and heartbreaks and my beautiful, dark, twisted fantasy. Like it's sort of like that orchestral but also techno, like a very electron on a heavy like some of the some of the old sounds. I was like, oh, I haven't heard this sound from Kanye in a minute. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was kind of more like more like Jesus and tlop. Yeah i'd had a child, yep. Yeah see.
Speaker 1: But it's like a mix of kind of all of those, yeah, in a beautiful way. And I'm proud of Kanye because when you've gone through as much as he's gone through and you put out twenty seven fucking songs that are a work of art like this dude, when he's fully healthy, unstoppable.
Speaker 2: Yeah,