Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts.
Speaker 1: Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, de Montree More and new He scrugs.
Speaker 3: Time for the players.
Speaker 4: I have brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming right here from the headquarter of the Dallas Cowboys, a Star in Frisco. We've got the panther. He is Anthony doors Set. It's Aggie maitre More. That's right, fresh graduate, fresh graduate up in there the Hall of Fame, Toledo Rocks.
Speaker 3: Yes, in the house. I'm merely new scrugs from time.
Speaker 4: Usc Pembroke in multiple and multiple they got call, we got home coming.
Speaker 3: They asked me to come to home.
Speaker 2: Wasn't nice?
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, I was waiting on It is.
Speaker 2: A way down that room cool for me?
Speaker 4: Wait we got I don't know yet, I know, I let you know.
Speaker 3: That's another story. But other day another Top ten moments.
Speaker 5: Come on with the Insiders. Man, We'll do that later. Is this one of your honorary schools that you go to or is this your actually sorry I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: When you're late, you gotta wait till the next segment. She just lay out for you know where your punishment in the street.
Speaker 3: You're doing to read?
Speaker 2: I got love it to read.
Speaker 3: Today we will be.
Speaker 2: I'm not having this, y'all.
Speaker 3: Shot tough showers.
Speaker 4: Man, you shot first, all right, cowboys are wrapping things up in Oxnard, California, and so.
Speaker 5: I get I sent you guys a quote earlier because you know, you know what I said.
Speaker 3: Man, when do I get to it?
Speaker 2: I was liked.
Speaker 3: Now m'N just go ahead. Let's get to it right now.
Speaker 2: Get on hered, jump in that water.
Speaker 3: He's going and get to right now. Because bro, this is your job. This is your job. This is your job what you do first round.
Speaker 4: So I'm there Tuesday, up there, Tuesday, last Tuesday when the Rams are here for the for the preseason, you know, with scrimmage practice. Rams was dominated. Okay, we're looking for something from Ozzie. Then the coaches go, oh, you know we're gonna be good on Saturday. Make some corrections. Pad level bl dudes get tall star at the club. No white tea's again? Why keep my girl was in there so fitteds so Mazie says this, come next week, come back. I just didn't do anything. You gotta do something. I'm a first round pick. There's expectations and all that. This is my third year.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys season depends upon the d line and the offensive line. Okay, game one, you know what's coming, sir. If I'm Saquon Barkley and I see this, oh.
Speaker 5: I got I got a rolex for whichever one of y'all make sure he stay out.
Speaker 2: That club was about to get paid good over there.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't do fantasy. I don't do fantasy football, daily fantasy. But I mean, my goodness, gracious care comics like that right down.
Speaker 6: One five man, between the tackles. Between the tackles, man.
Speaker 3: Hey and Mazie talked earlier. I was out there. When Why was he talked earlier?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: It's year three?
Speaker 4: He was like, okay, I gotta be better. And you go to the preseason game against the Rams and you say, I mean it was it. Give them credit minutes. I didn't do anything. At what point do you? I mean nine in the sky never lies. I mean, we all see the tape.
Speaker 3: It ain't like this is you know, myths or urban legends or anything.
Speaker 2: We see the tape.
Speaker 3: We've seen what it.
Speaker 8: Looked like year one, year or two, and we're seeing what it's starting to look like in year three. Now, this is a guy who supposedly transformed his body, slimmed up, added muscle mass.
Speaker 2: Whatever the case may be, that's excited about. Be good for him.
Speaker 9: And then next thing we need about that body changed too. We look at it and we we see the same thing. We see the same displacement, double teams coming there. You ain't, you ain't able to, you know, put your bricks down and just sit there.
Speaker 8: He's getting moved left and right. And this is the same that we saw the last precis. Y'all remember that Seattle game last year, y'all remember that. I don't refresh me. It looked like the Rams game. And that's that's what it looked like. And it's this is what you always say, Well, Bill par says Bill Parcels. By year three, we gotta see.
Speaker 6: I thought that was the norm in the league. I thought that was just what it was. I thought that's what the year the league was built off of. You always hear people got this NFL expectancy is three years or what you know what I mean, And a lot of times it's people just not understanding, like, yeah, a team is gonna give you that that leash, regardless of how long, how short it is, depending on your draft selection.
Speaker 10: But by that third year, it.
Speaker 6: Don't matter who you are, you should be making a dent, You should be making an impact, You should be definitely contributing to the team on a high level. So they basically know, Okay, are we gonna keep this car around or we're gonna be looking for somebody else to come in and fill the spot.
Speaker 3: Defensive tackle tray More that this is your spot.
Speaker 5: Man, man, I get it. I love a guy taking ownership. Whatever you're gonna say, what's correct. But eventually, like what when does the and this is no shot at the pr people, but when do you stop letting this guy get up there and talk right now? Like when you came in there and we know y'all being in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Hey, media to day guys.
Speaker 5: We got the high paid guy, mister Michael Parson's Trayvon Digg Like okay.
Speaker 2: You have you're not proven.
Speaker 5: You know the spotlight is on you, Like you didn't have a good game, Like stop giving quotables at the end of the day. They used to say in the locker room, do not give somebody bulletin board. Don't go out there and make promises of that we're going to do this, We're going to do that. Like you're going out here and you're putting more of a target on your back, Like we understand that. Like I want you to just go play. I want you to just go make it Happen's.
Speaker 3: In the contract though your NFL conscience, play you have, no.
Speaker 2: You have you have to talk.
Speaker 5: But it's just certain things like stop talking, like like I'm sorry, Like what are we doing? Like stop like I get you taking ownership. I get you saying that it's my fault and this and that. But this is what I was worried about when y'all said that his body changed. When it comes to a guy that's not proven you change your body, it's like, Okay, you're taking this to a certain level of seriousness to where I can say, oh, yeah, you put on muscle. But with those guys that slim down or do this and do that, you didn't have enough rocks in your pockets beforehand. So for y'all to say that he's built, it's like, hey, are you built and you've grown to be Tyron Smith? Or did you just get muscle? So with this whole body changing, it looked like he slimmed down a little big look like.
Speaker 2: You're muscled up.
Speaker 5: But Mazi, you gotta put them rocks in there and you gotta go like you gotta show up something without talking about it, and what you talking about it right now is bringing more light to the situation.
Speaker 8: And you can't be Look, he doesn't have to be this extremely dominant guy. He doesn't have to be a guy that's you know, rushing baths or stopping a run.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to be that.
Speaker 8: But you can't be the guy that offensive circle and say if we want to have success doing certain things, this is where we need to go.
Speaker 3: You can't be that guy.
Speaker 5: And that's why I think, honestly, if it was me being an old head or VET or doing this, I'm gonna telling him to stop saying your first round pick in the media, like stop eyeballing yourself. That as that because once you're drafted, we're all here to work. Say that A yeah, you can admit that, Yes, there's a certain level of expectancy and they're holding you. They're holding you to a little bit higher of a standard. But take that narrative off because some people can't live up to that bright light. But when you let some people be comfortable to get getting they bag, maybe that can help you out. But whatever we gotta do to get him confidence, he has to go find that confidence. And you gotta display it now. Like you didn't already said this to the media, you done said it yourself. And now that you acknowledged it, you know what happens after this, Right, somebody gonna come over there, that grim reaper gonna say no, they're not You don't think so. No, Well, I mean you're a first round pick, so you get you get a chance, you can get traded and all that.
Speaker 10: My question is, I mean, no, okay, okay, what are the options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, and that's what I'm saying. There's no option.
Speaker 5: You've seen doing number two exactly if you're doing number two. But guess what next year, some people get drafted. You got free agency. So this is your third year. Like I said on the last show, it's no longer the first round pick, and you get four plus a five. Now with our first round picks, you getting a two plus one possibly and he had it that third.
Speaker 3: Last time you saw them get.
Speaker 2: Rid of a first round Well not here, not here that thank you?
Speaker 5: Okay, But do heat build value enough to get an extension or no, I ain't getting no fIF your option? Like are we are we talking about one? We're talking about so we can win? And what's that missing piece you got Michael Parsons, you got Osa and this and that. You gotta go have another third defender, so we need you to step up? Like are you just doing this to be here next year? Yes, we know you're going to be here this year, but the following year is not guaranteed.
Speaker 3: We saw this before forced Gator and Gator roll rolling nothing, man.
Speaker 6: I just I want to know you know and and talking to you trade like you you being in the trenches and knowing the position.
Speaker 10: Is it talent or technique?
Speaker 6: Is it something that like literally that if somebody sits down and works with him and or is it we passed that dog?
Speaker 2: That's what it is, a w G doll. I will again.
Speaker 5: Say whatever whatever you okay, don't ever don't ever disrespect you know where it is Okay, here, I'll tell you that camera right there and it's got one it's got one eye.
Speaker 3: One eyed dog.
Speaker 5: You disrespect her like a great she's a great lady.
Speaker 2: That's that's the old anyway, all right, we'll pay attention to my hat that right there.
Speaker 5: You see that you need to have at the end of the day, he retired.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Anyway, you have, you got technique, you got all this and that, But eventually it just comes down.
Speaker 2: The heart, bro like people gave us, or I speak for me.
Speaker 5: People always said that I was a tweener when I first got into the league.
Speaker 2: It's only past rush special team.
Speaker 5: It wasn't until I got there a Seattle Seahawks and they were like, hey man, you're going down here doing this. You've already defined the odds you're playing gunner and this and that. They were talking. It was an argument between Cliff April, Mike Bennett, and Frank Clark. Everybody was talking about who they were going to rush against a tackle because it was lunch me.
Speaker 2: Everybody was getting sacks.
Speaker 5: But that guy that they had their guard, mister Incognito. It was like old snap Likena, Who's gonna be the dn that go in there and coach was like, somebody get in. I literally ran in there, took my helmet and they were like, oh d Moore, you ain't practiced this all week. You ain't did that. I'm like, all you gotta do is just line up and go straight. That very first play fired off. I don't put him into the background. No, t's in the club. I'm like to incognito, the strongest guy, the bully quote unquote this time in the league, which he a cool guy, love him to death, but for me to make my name all of a sudden, Coach Carroll showed that that opening day on meetings and he was like, hey, that's right here. Let me move this hat because I'm getting excited. I'm mad about it cause, like he said, they don't take nothing to do this. Look at this effort right here by D Moore. He's only two hundred and sixty pounds soaking with going against a three hundred pounds of putting them in the backfield.
Speaker 2: From that moment on, I got reps.
Speaker 5: Coach was like, hey, you need to go talk to Mike Dinnett figure out how to rush inside.
Speaker 2: And from that moment on and the rest of my career, I went from.
Speaker 5: Being a quote unquote lightweight pass rusher to start and to rush your three technique, building that value, and all that took was will and want to.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't want to challenge him and say hey, this and that, but eventually you got to challenge somebody. It's your heart, bro, Just go out here. Just punch somebody in the face, punch him in the faith. Chris Caseeric says it all the time up there in San Francisco. Line up, get in the stance, and it's about your get off. If you get a if you get a great get off, you can use that momentum and they're your own power just to offset that and get somebody off balance.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what it is, but when I tell.
Speaker 5: You I it looks soft and it sounds soft, like don't go admit it. Go now that you admitted it, go take a fight. And that's why I need to see in this next preseason.
Speaker 4: He admitted it before the game. Hey I'm not where I need to be. This is gonna be the year and re breakout us. I got no choice.
Speaker 5: So it's and that's why I didn't want to hear the quote. So when you sent it, it was just like we've seen the film.
Speaker 2: Bro. Just fix it.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you're your first break in here, first breaking here. Why the lack of real raps for some of the starters in the preseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the theory's see.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 4: From that place, Anthony dor said Trey Moore very church on NEWI Scribes. Come on back for some more of the players right here on Dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred GA m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunite with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff, gear up and standout styles. The show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss Redhill Stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com, slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rigg is stopping this NFL season.
Speaker 2: That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: The Weekend is bringing the After Hours to Dawn Tour to the AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: August twenty seventh and twenty eight catch.
Speaker 5: The All News Show in support of the Full Album Trilogy with Playboy Carti and special guests Mike Dean. Yes you heard it, the Mike Dean. Get your tickets today at these key don't walk, but run there to the official ticketing partner of the AT and T Stadium, Spin on them.
Speaker 3: I like, right, good job, right, agricultural leadership.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's I'm gonna be in I'm gonna be in it.
Speaker 2: We can't. Can I go to your week You want somebody the weekend? I got it. It was like a gift thing. It was a gift stuff like that.
Speaker 8: Wow, a gift Okay, sounds like I'm gonna go check him out look, look, you got some bankers.
Speaker 3: You know that's that's the way to go.
Speaker 2: So can I get one of those three names?
Speaker 10: That's your plus one?
Speaker 2: You got a plus one, old ladies.
Speaker 5: Man, that's easy word you take, give, give, give the magic word like I do.
Speaker 2: I'm not. You're the only one. Dogs, that's only one. Get in and they bark that we can get in there with what you just got. What was the word to get? What you say?
Speaker 3: Make a hero.
Speaker 10: That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 3: We wanted to favor you.
Speaker 2: I said, I wanted the famous. I'm gonna tell you like this, I'm a prideful man. What a guy say?
Speaker 5: One time on Twitter he said, if I get money, you won't know. If I end up at a concert, you won't know, it won't be.
Speaker 8: Video evident beds before go ahead and break.
Speaker 3: They wanted that bad they broke it.
Speaker 2: Can I get this?
Speaker 5: I'm a hey wife. If you want those tickets, you got to text.
Speaker 2: Them, come from my hands. Give video evidence.
Speaker 3: If you want it that way, go ahead.
Speaker 2: But we can't. We can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been a concert in a minute, So.
Speaker 4: All right, preseason a lot of starters, I mean ceedee Lamb always got killed.
Speaker 5: But Whipla, I was like, man, so much protecting your playoffs and.
Speaker 2: Keep your head on the swift they always.
Speaker 5: I just want to know where was the get that guy. There's always to get back guy. You got your one guy that's designated to the head coach. But we all know that when they got the interns and this and that everybody that everybody a coach told me to watch this, make sure you're back, and that I wondered were they right there and did they watch? CDN was just like, I hope he gets hit because you don't. You don't never tell your superstar. That's the one person that you'll be like, well that CD, I can't tell him to.
Speaker 3: Get so explain to the listener to get back.
Speaker 5: So what it means, So you have your get back coach that thats been on ESPN, that gets the head coach back when they're getting too hyped on the field and stuff like that. But during training camp time, this is where you got your extra training interns. This is where you got your extra coaches. In turn, everybody that's everybody that's here on the internship, they're going to be on the.
Speaker 2: Sideline and they're going to have a designated job.
Speaker 5: This is when the field is the most pack They literally tell every coach make sure that these guys do not go past this line. There's two lines on that sideline. You got the sideline, then you got another line right there where they say the coaches box, and then after the coaches box, you got the players box. Don't get over there. And that one person they normally sit there. They got sunflower seeds and all that. The guys that are playing get back. But there's always this special case. It's not about what you know, it's about who. You know that guy that is in the who we're talking about your CD Lambs, you're talking about your Dak Prescott. If those big money guys in that coaches box, you don't.
Speaker 2: Interfere with them.
Speaker 5: But if you see somebody that's a lower named guy, they're coming back and they're pulling you expeditiously. So for CD to get hit, I wonder was one of those things. Somebody didn't tell them or he ignored it, but I know somebody.
Speaker 3: So the referee get in case you'd see it.
Speaker 4: Ceedee Lambs got his back turned, sees a big plays, got his hands up the referee is running down the field to check the play.
Speaker 3: It runs right and arms the dreads flying.
Speaker 2: If you've ever seen the big balloons that be at the car place.
Speaker 3: Flood, which is a penalty on the Cowboys, you know, and.
Speaker 5: That's a fine. It used to be a fine, like it could so get.
Speaker 4: Back what preseason and so that that was just it wreaked of undisciplined.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then you look up at the end of the game.
Speaker 4: There's eleven penalties and you see players like Awsome Richards out there with a bunch of penalties, and so that part, I know, let the sour tastes in people's mouths watching, like, okay, we go again, there we go right there, right there.
Speaker 3: Undisciplined football. I mean, this is just simple.
Speaker 4: What can you control where you're out on the sidelines, the penalty substitution, right.
Speaker 2: And you have that talk like if y'all.
Speaker 5: Understand before the game comes, first preseason game, what do they do they make the special team coach comes out there. Every time your head coach is gonna tell you, hey, guys, this is new to you. You're excited, Calm down, don't do this, don't do that. Your dudes and your don'ts. The biggest dudes and don'ts is eliminate your own mistates, substitution penalties, careless penalties. We know you're gonna mess up on the field, but the stuff that's off the field, that's a big thing, especially in the organ and in a climac like this, in a place of where it's like, hey, you're proving everything.
Speaker 2: You're trying to come in.
Speaker 5: You got a first year head coach, Like that's where it's like you wonder, like, hey, this Shoty going to his coaches and bag and was like, nah, I don't I don't care who you are, and I'm talking to you and I'm setting this president and holding that standard.
Speaker 2: To the whole team.
Speaker 5: Or is it like, hey, guys, preseason we lost. We know that didn't really make us and it's okay, Like those are the questions.
Speaker 10: Does Shotty have any grace?
Speaker 6: I mean, being that this is his first year as a head coach, you know what I mean? And that was the first preseason game. You know it's gonna be something we all know.
Speaker 2: They don't. We all know that.
Speaker 4: I go back to one of the economics professors that use depends.
Speaker 3: It depends.
Speaker 4: Now you start getting blown out in these games and you're sitting up here at ten leven twelve penalties and you're out here shooting and killing drives.
Speaker 3: No, he won't. So it's how do you see it?
Speaker 4: If it's if it's had a personal foul, and just because you know receiver went across the milling and Donald laid them out, you know you're gonna you'll you live with that. But if it's, hey, we're tiged the red zone again, you know, offside that kind of stuff, So how is it that? So that said, it depends. It depends. If you got a losing season, you're and you're watching stuff that you say, that's not it. So so I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 3: And before you say.
Speaker 2: It depends, I'm sorry. It does depend.
Speaker 5: It does depend on the magnitude of it and the discrepancy of it. But most of the time, the first year head coaches like you be like, dang, why.
Speaker 2: Why is he doing too much?
Speaker 5: So that's why I was like, I want to know, like was it one of those things, like it was it a slap on the risk, Because even with it being a slap on the wrist, like you mentioned earlier, it's gonna be a slap on the wrist until later on when you come back and you say, hey we got eleven penalties, or hey we lost all three preseason games, where could we have got better?
Speaker 2: Maybe I should have did this. So it's better.
Speaker 5: Most coaches are addressing those issues before it become a bigger problem later on. What they say, stop the stop the the leak in the boat before before you start sinking.
Speaker 6: So so we'll see this week, you know, if definitely there's some improvement from what happened last week on all levels of the playing field as far as penalties, sideline stuff, offense and defensive line everything.
Speaker 10: I say that, then we'll see.
Speaker 2: Hey, that sideline is going to be cleared up.
Speaker 3: Reps, It was all lock of reps players.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I just was never on the team, and I you know, I played on some teams with some some some pretty big name players, and it was just never a situation where I saw guys as comfortable as I.
Speaker 10: See guys around here, but not playing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And then I've been on teams where like where coach like, hey, you ain't getting no reps to the player, Like no, I want to get some reps today, you know what I mean. And so like to a man, I'm seeing like and I asked you about this, it is has the Cowboy basically the identity and the culture got so watered down that these guys don't know the difference between where they should be playing and where they are playing, you know. And that's just one thing. Like I'm a fan of the Cowboys. I've been a fan of Cowboys for a long time. So and I'm a fan of good football number one, you know what I mean. And so part of the thing that has like helped me kind of fall out of love with this team that I grew up with my entire life was just a simple fact that I'm not seeing the same quality of game of football that I that I grew up seeing, that I fell in love with, and that this organization is known.
Speaker 5: For bring out the big guns. Then ad well you over again, your Denzel Washington. I'm just a I'm a fan. I haven't been.
Speaker 6: I'm one of the people they're sitting at this table that didn't didn't put that star on, you know what I mean. But I wore it with so much pride because of my dad and because of just being in these locker rooms as a kid, my entire life. So like, yeah, I'm just.
Speaker 10: Curious, and I see it.
Speaker 3: You already know the answer.
Speaker 2: You know the answer.
Speaker 4: You grew up right, you more than any of the three of us. You already know the answer. And your dad's friends are telling.
Speaker 3: You to so you already know. Go ahead, tell the truth, the truth.
Speaker 6: And so and it goes back to everything that we talk about, like as far as when.
Speaker 10: You Jerry ain't doing this, Jerry ain't doing that.
Speaker 6: Well, Jerry was here for every coach that came through here that helped change the culture from that, those those teams would emmit that that great offensive line, three championships to everything else to just like at some point in time, you know, like you have your third kid, and they'd be like, oh man, by the time people had the third kid, they're.
Speaker 10: Like, oh, he go ahead and do whatever, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And so did it get to a place where like he got, the organization got so lax and honestly that eyeball and having that real scope on talent, good.
Speaker 3: Man accountability is here. We have seen talent here. We have seen talent here.
Speaker 4: When it comes to drafting, they are one of the top three teams in the league last twelve years drafting football players, they have identified good football players.
Speaker 3: The playoffs have been some huge letdowns.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean you talk about some huge let I mean go back to that team that Bill Parcells left, Wade Phillips. They go win thirteen games, they beat the Giants by ten points and eleven points in their favorite at Texas Stadium, and they lose that game and the Giants going to win win Super Bowl. Church that like one of that teams you were on.
Speaker 2: The sixteen three, sixteen, thirteen and three man.
Speaker 4: Thirteen and three, number one seed, gotta buy Green Bay comes you with no running.
Speaker 2: Back nothing, they have receiver run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and McCarthy coaching.
Speaker 4: So here it is, man, dude pulled they pulled rabbit rabbits out the hat and he's like, okay, that's you know, how does that happen?
Speaker 5: The McCarthy So so players have been here, opportunities have been here, they've been squandered.
Speaker 3: You go and you get San Francisco at home in the playoff game.
Speaker 4: They go bring a boom box out to the stadiums to go present to whooping you up and down the field on the first two drives, and then the head coach, Uh, they seem nervous. M yeah, so so can you put that on mister Jones.
Speaker 3: We start to.
Speaker 4: Say, he you know, paid players, Okay, paid folks, good teams were good, go out there, don't get it done, and and that just came out Green Bay. Go come in here, Jordan Love never had a playoff games. They come up here with crack. So that point time, you just and I go, at least for me my perspective, we can blame Jerry, But when do you say, wait a minute, do we give the owner the credit because he put together a team that made the playoffs and they're in position, and once again here comes the bright light of the playoffs and the expectation, and we watch the folks melt like cute ice man.
Speaker 5: They go back to what every coach tells you when y'all live there in training, Jail, I can only coach you.
Speaker 2: I can only put you in a situation.
Speaker 5: Y'all the ones that line up between this line, Like I know, we say, there's a lot of stuff that goes on and the outside noise and all that other stuff. But eventually it's like we all know why we started playing this game. We had a while, we had a purpose, Like when do that purpose? Say, you know what, forget it. I don't care what you call it. I'm about to be a dog and just punish somebody. I want to do that. And like you said, it's just I think it starts with a mentality. Like you start with the mentality of the team. Then you go from there you get the coaches and stuff like that to where, like you said, when you become self efficient enough, it does run on its own.
Speaker 2: Like when your dad was here, the greats were here.
Speaker 5: You had Michael Irving and all those Brian Waters, like you had Nate Newton, you had those guys that where it's like you built the culture to where it's still going.
Speaker 2: That culture is still there.
Speaker 3: Certain the inches are gone.
Speaker 4: The inches in need there we go talked about any given Sunday.
Speaker 3: You look over there, God, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: That it the inches we need all around us.
Speaker 10: You know, the cowboys have no inch here.
Speaker 6: You know, it's it was a time where where where everybody everybody had that dude on.
Speaker 2: It is it is.
Speaker 3: You know, it ain't tall.
Speaker 5: That's why I told you I'm about to I'm about to go. I'm about taking about what I said.
Speaker 2: Hold that.
Speaker 3: Take a break right here? Please that find you by risk crut game.
Speaker 2: On that cut.
Speaker 7: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 7: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 14: Raising Cane presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order canes chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve. No crinkle cut fries, texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of chains when it comes to winning game Today A Caine's rules, Raising Canees Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunite with the Dallas Cowboys and Micah Parsons to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up in standout styles, the show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US now No Problem gambling helpline at one hundred gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: To the players. Loud.
Speaker 5: The Indie Grand Prix of Arlington is coming March thirtie. Move man, my headphones got loud?
Speaker 2: All right? What happened that?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: That was the head the.
Speaker 5: Coming March thirteen through the fifteenth.
Speaker 10: Hey Man told Johnson tough for room here.
Speaker 4: Turn yeah, yeah, paid the bill, my snare turned my snare, Drake, we got we got.
Speaker 2: Got you here. You gotta pay. Here are we paying?
Speaker 5: The The Indie Grand Prix coming March thirteen through the fifteen twenties.
Speaker 2: Brother, So he got me on my head, bro, come on, you got to the outside of it is the players.
Speaker 10: He can do it.
Speaker 2: You can do it, all right. Give my ac count off, Give my count off? Ready?
Speaker 5: What The Indy Car Grand Prix of Arlington is coming March thirteen through the fifteen twenty twenty six. Gear up for a full weekend a wild class racing entertainment through the streets of Ireland. Tickets are available now seek dot com.
Speaker 4: There we go, all right, skeeper, guys keeper, Yeah, save it?
Speaker 3: Well y'all y'all want baggy pride right, gig them sports you.
Speaker 4: By the Coaching Leadership Program in Texas.
Speaker 5: Man I did such an amazing job on the first one. He had to get me distracted. You know, I'm laughing, he bro no, but hold on, So we're not gonna sit here and say that y'all didn't tell me before the show starts.
Speaker 2: Don't move the microphone in the headphones because it goes in. You got here on time.
Speaker 3: You'd have been prepped and ready.
Speaker 2: To go before we couldn't. You already told we couldn't.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 4: Anthony Dor said Traymore Barry Church. I knew this show is brought to you by Aristocrat Game. You're, sir, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Got the point?
Speaker 3: Do you make it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: You know, like we were, we were talking about like teams and the culture and identities and everything else like that, And we talked about some old teams that we had all been a part of, and like we had that guy. A lot of us always had that dude or those guys in the locker room that can galvanize everybody and get that that mindset and everything.
Speaker 10: Else like that.
Speaker 6: But today, you know, they really don't make people like that no more. You know, we're dealing with a different breed. It's a whole different breeder athlete, you know, what I mean. And so and you know, it goes to say that if you don't have that and we that guy dog whatever.
Speaker 2: You want to you know, the crazy one.
Speaker 10: Yes, you know what I'm saying. Hey, if you don't have if you don't.
Speaker 6: Have somebody for people to feed off of in the locker room and to actually see that and be able to go there with you and it's going you know, and that's what I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing who's bringing the juice.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm not seeing that same type of football.
Speaker 6: I'm not seeing that that that leadership, that that kind of.
Speaker 2: Leadership, that sense of urgency. That's what I mean.
Speaker 8: That's what we've seen from the Cowboys shoots since I was here. It's like, you know, the Monday night, Sunday night regular season, everybody's the juice is always there. But when the lights was on the brightest, and like I said, I was a part of these teams as well, it seems like there's always a slow starts and we go back to that Aaron Rodgers in twenty sixteen. I mean, we was the favorite, and but we came out so laxing and just not no urgency. They ended up putting what twenty eight points of on us in the first half, and by the time we battled back and tied it up, it was too late.
Speaker 2: Do you look at the forty nine ers games, the early leads.
Speaker 8: By the forty nine ers, Cowboys got to battle their way back, even the green Bay green Bay came out here striking on them.
Speaker 2: It's just the sense of urgency since even.
Speaker 8: When I was here, it's always been when those lights are bright, it's like I can't put it.
Speaker 3: I can't put it.
Speaker 4: It's like Rams going down the field too straight, drive, touchdown, touchdown, Cowboys two three.
Speaker 8: And now it's like they don't play themselves and let un tell It's like, oh you know, ain't no stress. Now we're too far out of it. Now we can get get into our game. Which that to me, that that comes down in the urgency and just wanting to, like you said at the beginning of the game.
Speaker 4: And so players, coach, where where does where do you put that at? That's that's always kind of been the aftermath of these things.
Speaker 3: The people.
Speaker 4: That's where they're trying to wonder is it the coach, because you know, coaches, was that McCarthy you come out there against the packers, you get the players, how does it keep happening? And that's where you get it under Jerry as the owner in general manager, because like well, you know, it happened under Garrett, it happened under ourselves, and it happened under McCarthy where you had these teams with these good records.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 8: You got to put on a lot of onus on the players in this one because I mean, you shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: To be motivated or or feel the juice or urgency to go out there, especially in the playoffs.
Speaker 8: And this is what you've been building towards since you know, March, all the way up through OTA's training camp. It's what you put all the work into to get to this point where you can get to the trophy eventually. And so you no one should have to motivate you to be able to get up for those type of games. But I mean, like I said, I was a part of it as well. We came out that that game in twenty sixteen. We just thought we was better than everybody. They're gonna lay down for us, and they came out punched us in the mouth.
Speaker 2: We was old.
Speaker 8: Snapping hold on hold on seven seven is real yeah, hold on, they guess some hands.
Speaker 5: Hold on, man, it's both of them, if we've been completely honest, like, yes, it's the players, Like nobody should have to motivate you under stuff like that, like you got to have a certain will and want to where I say, go down there and just punch somebody in the face and do that as a competitor. But where I say is also on the coaches as well, those good coaches that I've been around, like that Super Bowl team that I was with with Seth Fran having Kyle Shanahan, being around guys like Pete Carroll, shoot, being around Tom Kofflin, Like these guys are super Bowl winning coaches. And the one good thing about it is, yes, the players go out there and play, but the coaches know how to galvanize their troops. They know how to motivate their dogs. They know how to get the hungry men in their hunting. They know how to feed them and say, hey, guys, we're getting a little side tracked, like hey, y'all, keep doing your own thing, but just let me be a director. Yes, the band is here, the band is bigger than the mask. But a great director says, hey, hold on, tob was like, y'all a little too loud.
Speaker 2: Hey, drums, this is your time.
Speaker 3: But I thought you had that with McCarthy. Do you think you thought you had it?
Speaker 5: But it didn't happen, Like so that's what I'm saying, Like you got to look at both of them, like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there with McCarthy. I didn't play up under him.
Speaker 5: So for whatever reason we did here throughout different tenures while McCarthy was at the leader of the helm, that there was a discontent at certain times in the locker room or certain people wasn't doing this or doing that. Like it was never like hey, oh, if something came out there, maybe McCarthy's not doing this right or doing that right. Like you had your star players stepping up for them, but you didn't see the whole essence of where, hey, not only are we going to step up and say something in the media, but we're gonna do it by performing on the field like those good teams like that you've been around, Yeah, seeing your dad and them go what they say. I bet you Mike was over there, the door set was over there, like, nah, we gonna do this, guys. And then when we go over there, it makes our coach look good. So that's where it's like, no slack to him. But those great coaches that you think about it, what do you hear God saying in the media, I'm ready to run through a brick.
Speaker 6: Wall for him, and you haven't heard that later and that should be the build up. Yeah, at the beginning of the week, when you come into the building, you get your new opponent, and you start listening, and you start to see coaches is normally gonna be talking about them so much they forget about talking about you in the building. And so as that week goes on, you as the player should be so tied already hearing about whoever you about to play against because they didn't just basically forgot anything that we've done and now they the best thing ever smoking And so like if.
Speaker 10: You ain't got it in you by Friday Saturday.
Speaker 6: Just to be peppered up and like, oh yeah, I'm so tired of hearing y'all talk about them.
Speaker 10: Right, But then you got the coaches, like you said, put it, they.
Speaker 6: Don't how to keep that environment right, you know what I'm saying throughout this course of the week. You know what I mean exactly, And so you got to have like and it goes in a three sixty and it all got.
Speaker 10: To come together. You got to have that perfect storm.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's coaches creating that that environment for the players to come in and recognize, like, look, by Tom Saturday, get here. If you say anything else to me about this team that I'm so.
Speaker 10: Ready to go play right now, straight up. And that's where you should be. And then when the playoffs come.
Speaker 3: Playouts come on, bro floyous.
Speaker 2: Listen, it shouldn't even do that. You should be a full steam roller.
Speaker 4: Let's end it right, there's get it, pit panther anthy door, said mister Aggie himself. More Hall of Fame, lead a rocket that very church.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 3: He scruggs, we'll do this.
Speaker 2: He messed up too.
Speaker 5: He was way ain't no fun.
Speaker 7: Take four, Okay, goodbye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.