Speaker 1: Game d winners had an ankle did not return. Hard Grave there at the end had a trice up he didn't return either. Go ahead, Yeah, I think you know, it was a frustrating game throughout it.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought we had every chance to win that game.
Speaker 1: I thought also we had a number of times in the game we had we had opportunities to run away with it, especially early in the game, having that fourteen point lead, and they hadn't really moved the ball on our d and starting with that fake punt. I think after that, and I feel like he went like eight of his next ten or something like that.
Speaker 2: So they got him back in the game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: There at the end, a couple you know, want to go in and score in that drive, obviously a touchdown. We end up getting a field goal. I believe it made it two scores. But then they went right down and answered with a field goal. I thought we had a chance to make it a two score game. We ended up missing that field goal. And then I think they got a bomb where they went down there right away.
Speaker 2: Then they him really work for it. They got a big chunk.
Speaker 1: A couple under defense too much today, gave him some easy ones in that way, and we saw what happened at then a special teams.
Speaker 2: In my career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, you know, it was a disappointing block last week, definitely today. That fake punt, you know, it's just the momentum in the game. That's where I thought we had a chance to run away with it, not give them any hope, and that gave him a lot of hope, got them back in it, and we obviously would have loved to make that field goal. And then every pun return I didn't really see it. They got to the left on our side. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but those are three big plays in the game.
Speaker 3: The denominator on.
Speaker 1: No different guys, different coverages, no common denominator. Just how disappointing of a loss that was. You know, I knew everyone was pissed without them having to tell me.
Speaker 2: And we should be.
Speaker 1: When when you have a game like that where you feel you have every chance to win and you don't get it done, those are the ones. Those are usually the more disappointing ones. Every all three phases had their doing that, but there was also times that a face could take over and not even allow it to come to something and and I told him last night, you got to take their hope away. You give Stafford too much hope and you give them give it put at the ball in his hands at the end. That's not a situation you want to be in. And we had every chance to avoid that situation a number of times, and we came up short.
Speaker 2: It seemed like Brock played his ass off. From what I saw, he made.
Speaker 1: A bunch of big plays, you know those. You know, he took some good shots down the field. You know, it was tough to not come up with that one on that last drive, especially after missing that field goal when stuff wasn't there. He did a hell of a job scrambled and making sall schedule plays. And from what I saw, I thought he played his ass off part until well, the same way as always. I mean, last year we lost three in a row, so you know how that it's gonna be regardless, you know, we lost three ino after winning five in a row. But still, I know how that felt then, I know how our guys feel now. I know how we felt all week, had a good real had a real good week of practice. I thought it would carry over to the game, and it did. In a lot of areas. There were some There was some areas where that's why I thought we had a chance to not only just win, but run away with it. And you still got to make those plays in the heat of battle though, And there were some big third downs where we could have got off the field obviously the fake punt or we should have got off the field. But you let teams hang around in this league, let alone one with that type of quarterback.
Speaker 2: That stuff happens more often than not. Yeah, yeah, anybody does.
Speaker 1: There's other catches in the game that you know you want people to make, but and you hope it doesn't have to come down to that. But you know Ronnie will say the same thing people need. He needs to make that catch, and but if he doesn't, then he'd like to build to overcome it. And you can overcome it in other ways, but we didn't.
Speaker 3: But we really haven't seen running A'll make any place recently maybe his whole career. Does he need to be on the build and that such a situation that other other receivers who chance.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's five in a game.
Speaker 1: We're rotating a lot of guys in there, and now he was the guy out there you know, Chris Condy got that earlier in the game, but you know, those receivers we have up. Ronnie's been having a hell of a camp, had a hell of a week of practicing, but he's got to come down with a catch. Juwan was unbelievable. I mean, I think the numbers show it, but more than the numbers, just he was. He was a warrior the whole game. He's always like that. Got a lot more opportunities today and was automatic on every single one, and even some bad looks when I didn't know if the ball should go there, and you quickly saw after it that they weren't. They weren't gonna take that away from Juan and he was very inspiring today how he played.
Speaker 3: Maybe the games and your client here, you've lost like this, would you had you you're in control, Uh, maybe the Packers game couple of years ago, But do these especially grind and you did you already feel it that this might be a little different than any of some of the other losses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just know when you have the opportunities to end it, you know you don't want it to get to that point at the end. But I definitely know what he did have those opportunities. We could end it on offense, defense or special teams, and when all three take their turns there at the end, those are the most frustrating ones. Jas made a lot of kicks this year, whole of the Actually, did you consider what was the consideration there for going for it versus kicking.
Speaker 3: Fifty five years?
Speaker 2: There was no consideration.
Speaker 1: I think it was fourth and five, maybe fourth and six, but it was about making a two score game. I felt great about him. I don't feel much different from that distance to forty eight. You know, he's been real good with that stuff and just missed it, and I hope to learn from it. I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe lost did jun kicking that because of the sport.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, we were. It was very similar to the situation before. You know.
Speaker 1: I felt good in finding a way to go up two scores. Definitely wanted to be fourteen on the third and one. We knew if we got Indy on it, we were gonna go for it on fourth, and we did. And the next time we you know, we plan on going for it, but losing a yard and already being up seven, I thought the smart thing was to go get two scores.
Speaker 2: I felt on.
Speaker 1: Their only chance to get back in the game was to make it a one score game, give them the momentum by giving them a chance to stop with some fourth down. And felt pretty good once we got up to two scores, but that quickly ended.
Speaker 2: Some good things. I mean, I thought from what I saw, I thought he had a good game, but it was solid.
Speaker 3: Getting too much.
Speaker 1: Is there anything skiptmatically that's happening there or justice just happening? No, I mean, I think they got two times that they ran one round one they missed at the I think in the first half on the right side.
Speaker 2: They came back to it.
Speaker 1: They got by us again for the play at the end of the game. They took a shot to Tou Tou, who we know can run, and that's what they're gonna do with them. And I think one time we had a big p I. But those are normal coverages what we've been.
Speaker 2: Doing for years.
Speaker 3: How worried are you about hard try?
Speaker 2: I don't really know yet.
Speaker 1: You know, they you know obvious when you hear triceps, you think tears and stuff. But from what they told me, they felt it was more a contusion and stuff. So that's better news. So we'll see though.
Speaker 2: That always just kind of No, he was good.
Speaker 1: A couple more very hard if he did, maybe anticipated it would be, but you have to do the folks you.
Speaker 3: Need, you know, in the season like this last maybe maybe a little bit harder.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't really think in those terms.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can think about that stuff an off season, but once you get to these games, it's just about that week. And I knew today would be a big challenge, you know, anytime that a team is going too and a team that does get embarrassed like did the week before just on the scoreboard. And we talked about it all week how we were going to get their best shot and our goal was to give them no hope to come out strong and kind of take that away. And it seemed like we started out with that plan pretty well, and once that fake punt happened and they got back in, it was much more of a battle, like to.
Speaker 3: Argue in safety in punt coverage or was that klockohol?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's you know, we were expecting a fake punt there and they still got our edge.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thanks guy,