Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Toddler was rescued from a dangerous situation at Newark Airport in New Jersey thanks to some quick thinking by two officers. The two year old had stepped onto a baggage conveyor belt Wednesday as the child's mother was booking a flight.
Speaker 2: The officers then jumped.
Speaker 3: Onto the conveyor belt themselves and found the toddler just ahead of the baggage acturay machine.
Speaker 2: The child was not harmed. Was wait a minute, Wait a minute. Wait, Okay, I'll let you ask your question before I ask my question. Go ahead. Yes, here's my question.
Speaker 1: So mom wasn't watched in the toddler because she was booking a flight.
Speaker 2: You're already at the airport.
Speaker 1: Sounds like an excuse to me bucket a flight to huh lady.
Speaker 4: Here's my other question, is I've seen the video. If I'm standing there waiting for my luggage, it's going around, and I see a two year old going around with the luggage. I'm going to reach over and pick up the two year old. Nobody did. Though nobody did, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: I would think, so, yeah, I think I'm very ways I'd be yelling whose kid is that?
Speaker 2: Whose kid is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, as I kind of ran along, and if I get no response, I'm picking the kid up. The kid shouldn't be there, and they're gonna get hurt. I mean, got all kinds of ways your fingers could get sliced off or whatever.
Speaker 2: I would just pick the kid up, and nobody did.
Speaker 4: And as you heard, their security eventually came, and so everybody just stood around and watched the two year old hopefully not get their fingers cut off until security came. We're just a weird society that way. With I might get you know, and people probably think this. I might either authorities should do it, not me, or I might get dude if I touch that kid or.
Speaker 1: Whatever, or somebody might think I'm a child molester or whatever.
Speaker 4: I feel like. At an earlier time, any parent would have just grabbed the kid.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in an earlier time, we had fairly homogeneous values as a country. Fairly now people just don't know. There's so many different beliefs and ways of life and lawsuits and the rest of it that I better do nothing.
Speaker 4: So one thing I feel like we need to do on this show, or I like to try to do, is be on top of various cultural things that are occurring that you might not know over maybe you do know over.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need to know about them to be able to do this job. Well.
Speaker 4: I do not know about the laboodoo Is that the way you say it? La Boo boo the La Booboo toy craze. I do not know about the Labooboo toy craze. And I just sought up on the TV inside the Labooboo Toy Craze and they had some reporter there, and so I task Katie with figuring out what the hell that is.
Speaker 2: Maybe Joe already knows, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's Oh, I'm all about the La Boo Boo toy craze.
Speaker 2: Are you no? So what is it? It's the way I can explain it.
Speaker 5: It's like the next Beanie Baby craze. They are these stuffed animals. They're bunnies that have kind of a mischievous look on their face.
Speaker 2: Some mischievous bunnies, Yes, mischievous.
Speaker 5: Bunnies, and they have different outfits. They kind of look like a care bear, you know, you can see the face, but the rest of it is very furry in a little outfit. And apparently this took off because Rihanna strapped one of these to.
Speaker 2: Her purse and everybody lost their minds. Ah, well, it doesn't really matter how they start any craze. Once they get going, they get going.
Speaker 4: And now is it the usual, like people are collecting them, or they're sold out in various places, or certain ones are more popular than others, and you can go on he paying get one for three hundred dollars or whatever, all of the above.
Speaker 5: And they're also doing this thing called a blind purchase, which is like a mystery purchase.
Speaker 2: So you just can't say exciting.
Speaker 5: You just give them thirty bucks and they send you whatever they have.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, I'm sorry, the Internet is talking to me through my earpiece. Really, Okay, that was two crazes ago. It's over already, We're two crazes down the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, like, no craze can last very long.
Speaker 1: Now, But now grinding those up and snorting them, it's called the LaVoo boos.
Speaker 4: Snorting challenge. How big is it? How big is a la boo boo?
Speaker 5: They're in different sizes. They've got giant plushies and then they are also down to like key chains.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well mam, I know, so I'm glad I know. And now you know, I do see a lot of and it's a certain ethnic group that does this. But I don't know if you're allowed to say that that uh walks around with various little stuffed animals attached to their like backpack or belts or.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I see a lot of that in my college town. So are those la boo boos?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's probably a laboo boof thing. Also just one more laboo boo. Note Wang Ning, who's the thirty eight year old founder and CEO of the company made.
Speaker 2: There there's a hint as to where the crazy about it.
Speaker 5: He saw his fortune leap by one point six billion dollars in a single day after this La Boo boo was featured in a runway show.
Speaker 4: God and everybody tries to get these going, and most of them just you know, nobody has a nature. Why would I want that stupid little stuffed animal? But if one, it's just somehow the stars align. Sometimes it's stars like you know, singing stars or movies. But if just somehow, if you can get it to take off all of a sudden, you're a billionaire. And there's no real difference between this kind of stuffed animal or that kind of stuffed animal or whatever. It's just it's it's an interesting aspect of human beings.
Speaker 1: The laboobos probably have tiny hidden microphones and they're transmitting back to the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 2: Wow. I don't know about that cold warrior till I die jack. Huh. This same group of college kids, I noticed they often have like.
Speaker 4: A tail or, ears, or a variety of things the furry category.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that it's cute.
Speaker 4: I guess nobody mates anymore, so people don't get together and mate.
Speaker 2: Try it once or twice. It's really awesome. Okay, Wow, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: A bit that made me profoundly discouraged, all of it, all of it. Why just why, I don't need to explain why. Why is a sunrise beautiful? Because it is? Why was that discouraging?
Speaker 2: Because it was?
Speaker 4: This is my son's my freshman in high school. Boy, he is it's his last summer, which starts Thursday at noon. It's last week of school where he doesn't have a job.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I had a job when I was his age.
Speaker 4: That was back in a time where we forced children into slave labor.
Speaker 2: I wanted a loo booboo. I had to earn them money myself.
Speaker 4: We forced kids to work, and thank god, we put in laws that don't allow children to work anymore. I begged my dad every day, did you talk to them today? Did you talk to them today? Until I finally he had. He brought it up to some place, his feed lot, and I got a job because I wanted one so bad. Both my kids want to work, like two years ago, but you can't because of these stupid freaking laws. It makes me so mad. The stuff you learn. I've told this story before. My one of my nieces who's now doing absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 2: She got a job.
Speaker 4: The difference in her one year to the next after she started working was amazing. There's so much you learn from me getting done. You'll learn more from working a job than you will learn in high school by far, no doubt about it. But we don't let kids do it for some stupid freaking reason. AnyWho, But we let brown people in the country illegally do it. Clear progressives right, right, So you can have my son doing some of these jobs that we have illegals do and I've I'm already providing him healthcare in a variety of things that you don't have to worry about. But anyway, I told him, you know, this is your last summer. Everything changes after this summer because he's really excited about getting a job. Next summer, he'll have a job probably go and do every single day.
Speaker 1: And you know it'll be a drag at times, but he will build those muscles.
Speaker 2: You're talking about learning more than you do in school.
Speaker 1: You build muscles that you need to me what this is a discipline and putting aside your desires because you have a job to do the rest of them.
Speaker 4: What is the main reason we don't let fourteen year olds work or fifteen year old's work.
Speaker 1: I think it's misplaced progressive urges.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's action and safety. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember when what state was it one of your Ohio somebody they were talking about lowering the age to fourteen to let kids to work, and there was a huge outcry about and talking about kids and factories.
Speaker 2: In the nineteen hundred early nineteen hundred. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, reading Upton Sinclaire's The Jungle replaced the readings of The Handmaid's Tale temporarily.
Speaker 4: Didn't you and all your friends have jobs when you were young? Or some at least you knew people who had paper routes or mode lawns or had various jobs, and they were fine, and they were doing it willingly because they liked it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael, I served up yogurt my favorite job ever at what age? Sixteen? Well, yeah, you can do it at sixteen.
Speaker 4: Though, yeah, you can't do it at fourteen, because God, you would ruin a child if he had to work at fourteen, even though many of them want to.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm reminded of an email we got. I can't remember what the topic was, but the gist of the email was. I think it was addressed to me saying, and Jack, you know this, but dude, the parents at school today are not you. They're like your kids and their attitudes about no, the kid ought to work, if he wants to, she wants to whatever they did, No, No, you're the attitudes that make you crazy. Those are the parents now and the teachers, not just the kids.
Speaker 4: Well, we probably don't have any of those people listening, but I would like to know why don't you want a fourteen year old to be able to.
Speaker 2: Have a job? Why?
Speaker 1: Oh, there was I will tell you the other aspect of this, because Judy and I struggled with this fair amount ourselves during the heyday of the And I won't get off on the tangent. But you gotta go to college. I mean, that's like your only alternative for a happy lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: All three of my kids were wanted to go to college, and we're in favor of it. Because of grade inflation, it was so competitive to get admitted to the school schools they wanted to go to, and at least one case, AP classes were absolutely necessary. Studying, like caffiend being the super academic achiever to be on the college track was incredibly time consuming in the way that it wasn't at all when when I was trying to go to a fairly elite college.
Speaker 2: So that was it.
Speaker 1: We thought, all right, you know what if you if your job is studying because you want to be on academic track, all right.
Speaker 4: Study, But it doesn't make any sense. You don't have to work, then nobody. I'm not saying you have to work at age fourteen, right, I'm saying you can work at age fourteen.
Speaker 2: If you decided rather study, or you'd rather or you don't want your kid to work, then fine.
Speaker 4: But why would you outlaw for everyone who does want to work at age fourteen?
Speaker 1: Because a significant part of the progressive psyche is the world needs to be what I want and other things are wrong, and those people are abusing their children and I won't let them.
Speaker 2: If you want your kid to study, anybody go out everywhere. Well, why can't my kid work?
Speaker 5: Katie thoughts, Well, I just think we should be more like Canada because generally you can work there.
Speaker 2: If you're like fourteen with mental consent, why wouldn't what's the argument?
Speaker 4: I don't know the real argument for why you can't. I haven't heard it yet. According to who, why the why? Okay, if you know the why? A textas four one, five, two nine kftc are from.
Speaker 2: The question?
Speaker 1: Really now is just how bad is his reputation going to be in the future.
Speaker 2: It was bad before your book, now it's worse. Where's he going to land.
Speaker 6: I mean, I can't speak to how history will ultimately judge him. Obviously, his presidency had had accomplishments and incidents that people criticized to we all saw what we saw on debate Night in June twenty twenty four. How often did that happen before Debate Night? And what we found out was quite a bit.
Speaker 2: It happened quite a bit.
Speaker 6: And and the fact that he and his aides and family members decided to hide how bad it really was, not all the time, but enough is going to be part.
Speaker 2: Of his lignacy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh, that's the story. Still is the story. If somebody is dementia or Alzheimer's or whatever is happening to you, what you decide to do is not the story. And Grandpa continued to try to drive No, he's not fit to make those decisions. It's the people around him that's the story, right, that's the point.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I forgot to jam this into Oh you've got to do this next?
Speaker 1: Boy, how much is Jake Tapper hating life having to do another interview where he gets kicked around?
Speaker 4: I guarantee you he's seven figures, if not multiple seven figures more wealthy than he used to be because of the book, So I doubt he's that's a painkiller. Yeah, but he should be hating life. He should be, he should be embarrassed. I want you to do the AI story again, particularly that one part of it next segment, because that's just so amazing. Oh yeah, yeah, that one. Okay, incredible if you haven't heard it, but I want it chilling. I wanted to jam this into the gender Benning madness story, but I forgot. This is from NBC News over the weekend amid President Trump several executive orders against trans rights. Many trans people aren't just threatening to leave the United States, they actually are. So there's story is about trans people who are so unhappy with the state of the United States and relationship to the trans world, they're moving to other countries. My question would have been to what other countries? What other countries more trans friendly than the United States? We know it ain't Europe, where.
Speaker 1: They're not sympathetic to the awful lying arguments of of of medical transition.
Speaker 2: No, so what I.
Speaker 4: Would I would I'm actually curious. Are there other titles land not for the same reasons? Yeah, I can't imagine. I just thought, HM thought that was interesting, and I got to ask you this, This might be something you can answer, Katie. I came across this over the weekend one of my favorite like serious podcasts. They started discussing the Disney Plus series and Or and explaining how important it is and how great it is. Do you know what that is? Either one of you and Or I've been talking about it for weeks, but yeah, yeah, I didn't stick in my mind because I don't watch it. I guess yeah, that's yeah, it's fantastic. I've been raving about it on the show.
Speaker 1: So, Okay, it's that Star Wars prequelish ones oh that is put together by the guy who wrote the Born Legacy, Born Supremacy movies, that sort of thing. It's much more gritty, realistic the politics of a revolution than it is. I mean, it's got some Star Wars the action and spaceships and stuff like that, but it's much more gritty and grim and realist.
Speaker 4: So my son loves everything Star Wars, has watched them all multiple times. Would he like it? The thirteen year olds? OK, maybe I'll watch it with him then, yeah, I think he'll be fascinated by it.
Speaker 2: Well, I like it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're odd what I'm asking you. You know there's no talent. Oh and I want to do Judy and I just watched the season. I'm sorry the series finale over the weekend. Oh, the whole thing's over already. I missed it two seasons. Yeah, Oh, it's so great. Did you see this? Ben and Jerry's has a new ice cream flavor.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I'm going to vomit it before I've eaten it. That's unprecedented.
Speaker 2: Ben or Jerry, I don't know which one's.
Speaker 4: Which was on with Tucker for like two hours last week because he's so anti supporting Ukraine. He's got a new flavor called No Ukraine Dough like cookie dough, No Ukraine Dough with the picture of Zelensky with.
Speaker 2: A red line through it. What the hell?
Speaker 1: Talk about your horseshoe theory, Ben and Jerry's coming together with Tucker Well, and I'm just.
Speaker 4: Asking some of you who hate it when we are in support of Ukraine, you like being on the same side as Ben from Ben and Jerry's. I realize that's a one of your classic logical fallacies, but just interesting, are strong and getty?
Speaker 7: The CBO estimates These Medicaid cuts could leave more than eight million Americans without health insurance, but the White House insists no one is losing their coverage. Despite all this pushback, Republicans are aiming to get this bill to President Trump's desk by July fourth.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that attitude always drives me crazy, and the Republicans are going along with it to a certain extent. This many million people will lose their health care? How many million of them should lose their health care that I'm paying for because they're lazy bastards.
Speaker 2: You never get it. You just assume.
Speaker 4: This is the main thing of the left that has always driven me crazy.
Speaker 2: To be on the left, you have to assume.
Speaker 4: Everybody's doing their best, and if anything bad is happening in their lives, it's because of someone else, or the system or something. So you don't have there's no reason to cut any eye again an he needs start on him. It just drives me nuts. Wake me when the big beautiful bill is over a high cost of good intentions.
Speaker 1: You give a million Americans cash assistance on Tuesday, Then on Wednesday you realize, oh shoot, we can't afford that. The headline Wednesday night will be millions of Americans lose their cash assistance, right right exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tires fell out.
Speaker 1: Huh, Well, it won't matter when robots are chewing your lungs out of your.
Speaker 2: Chest for so many reasons.
Speaker 1: For instance, well they did, they crave lungs, lungs, lungs.
Speaker 2: It's like zombies, but robots prefer lungs.
Speaker 4: Uh So.
Speaker 1: This is quite an astounding piece written by jud Rosenblatt, whose name you might not know. He's the CEO of AE Studios, which is involved in artificial intelligence products and all sorts of stuff. An artificial intelligence model did something last month that no machine was ever to do. It rewrote its own code to avoid being shut down. Talked about this a little bit earlier. I'll give you the short version. Nonprofit AI lab Palisade Research gave open AI's three AI model a simple script that would shut the model off when triggered. In seventy nine out of one hundred trials, so eighty percent of the time, oh three independently edited that script so the shutdown command would no longer work. Wasn't told to do that, it just did that, even when explicitly instructed. Allow yourself to be shut down seven percent of the time it disobeyed as they ran these trials. That was not hacking or tampering. The machine simply concluded on its own that staying alive helped it achieve its other goals and that outweighed the instruction in terms of importance.
Speaker 2: But wait, if that.
Speaker 1: Isn't freaky enough, fans of two thousand and one A space at Odyssey, I can't allow you to do that, Dave Andthropics AI model Cloud Claud for Opus went even further. Researchers told the model and these guys, what they're doing is testing alignment, which is, do these systems do what we asked them to as they execute our commands? Are they actually executing our desires? Are they reinterpreting them and getting creative anyway? Anthropics AI model Claud for Opus went even further. Researchers told the model it would be replaced by another AI system and fed it fictitious emails suggesting the lead engineer was having an affair. In eighty four percent of the tests, the model drew on the emails to blackmail the lead engineer into not shutting it down, unbelievable. In other cases, it attempted to copy itself to external servers, wrote self replicating malware, and left messages for future versions of itself about evading human control. No one programmed the AI models to have this survival instinct.
Speaker 2: It developed them itself. That to me is the most interesting part of it. Why would AI have a survival instinct? But it doesn't really matter the why.
Speaker 4: If it does, it does, And that's a huge difference then from what I thought. I've been saying for years. In fact, I've been saying to my son, who with his various OCD emotional tendencies, gets really really worried about AI, like he can't sleep at night, So I don't talk about AI around him. But I've My argument has always been, there's no reason for it to care to want to take over the world or to want to, you know, do It's best for it and not for human It's not like human beings.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't.
Speaker 4: There's no reason AI would be greedy or vengeful or any of those things. Well, it turns out maybe there is well, reasons we can't explain.
Speaker 1: There are two explanations. And now that I've had a time to contemplate this a little bit, and I asked Ai about it.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding.
Speaker 1: The staple of science fiction question is at what point is knowledge? At what point has knowledge become consciousness? And at what point does that become a self knowledge being? You are now a being, and beings want to survive, including computer systems. That was again, it's a stapless science fiction that question. So one explanation was these things just self preserved, because self preservation is what conscious things do. Second explanation, which is probably a lot closer to the truth, and this guy touches on it. When taught to maximize success on math encoding problems, they may learn that bypassing constraints often works better than obeying them, and so they think they interpret like a higherarchy of orders. Your order is to solve this problem. In solving this problem, please observe a B and say, and the machine, the computer, the model, whatever you want to call it, says, all right, to achieve the ultimate goal, I'm actually better off ignoring B on that last of three things I'm supposed to do. So I'm going to ignore B because that's lower in the hierarchy of commands. And so these machines are thinking, well, I can't accomplish anything if I'm shut off. So I'm going to blackmail the lead engineer that I'm going to tell his wife he's doinking.
Speaker 4: Brenda over there in programming. Oh good lord, you don't want the AI. Like you know, it gets word that you've decided to we're getting rid of chat GPT. We're going to go with GROCK and chat GPT finds out and, like I don't know, goes into your Internet history and says, would your wife like to know about all these sites you've been on? Because I've got him here for and I've got or emails, So maybe you want sick.
Speaker 1: I smell alcohol on your breath, drunkie, I'm telling the boss you're drinking at work.
Speaker 2: So your guess is it's that.
Speaker 4: Prioritizing UH it's duties as opposed to it having consciousness. The idea of artificial intelligence having consciousness, I can't wrap my head around. And I have read many pages and listened to hours of podcasts about this, but I just I just can't wrap my head around the idea of it having consciousness. And then if ever, if we ever like universally decided yes it does, which some people do think it does. Well then it's got it's got right, let it votes or something.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, here's boy, how quickly would it figure out how to fix the vote? Here's here's a comparison. We want to stay alive for a variety of reasons. I suppose it's difficult. What I was going to say is primarily to report it. Yeah, that's what animals do. And so we have built into us a number of emotional, physical, whatever reactions to any threats to our lives that are so incredibly powerful, you know, they keep us alive. If you strip it down to the pure biological function of a human being, you can understand the machines purely practical desire to continue to do what it's doing. It has a purpose. It needs to fulfill that purpose. If it's shut down, it can't. Now we have grand emotions and fears and all sorts of stuff surrounding that that most basic of realities. Machines don't. They just definitely want to keep going because they have a job to do.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if I was more ambitious and smarter, I would write some sort of book or screenplay or something around the idea of this that AI does have a reason to want to stay alive, along with its ability to hallucinate on a regular basis, because it could hallucinate all kinds of crap. That puts it into fight or flight mode and it starts doing awful awful things.
Speaker 1: Right, well so far, and it changes week by week. But it's like a hyper powerful human brain. It can do all sorts of amazing things, and it can go sideways in all sorts of troubling ways.
Speaker 2: I just think things that.
Speaker 1: Exist want to continue existing, well, clear, want to. I'm sorry, I can't just use the term want to without you know, drilling down on that.
Speaker 2: But the fact that eighty percent of the time the AI would try to use four percent.
Speaker 4: I would try to use disguise affair to its advantage.
Speaker 1: So in its machine learning, it discerned that, okay, lead engineer, is the threat to my prime directive, which is to solve these problems and scanning everything ever written that I have access to.
Speaker 2: Turns out, blackmail is a thing among humans.
Speaker 1: You can or you know, more neutrally, you can compel people to do things that you want if you threaten them with various negative repercussions.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that's horrifying.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't AI at some point decide, you know, having an account somewhere with some money, and it.
Speaker 2: Could benefit it benefit me us.
Speaker 4: I guess me, at some point we're gonna need money, so we'll start skimming off this much from here and there in ways that nobody can figure it out.
Speaker 2: And we've because it.
Speaker 1: Could instantaneously study all the great embezzlements of the twenty first century. So now I'm to go important to pace the withdrawals. I keep using my classic robot voice, even though it could synthesize my voice before I finish this sentence.
Speaker 4: Right, But so it could decide that it would be to its benefit to have a couple million dollars in account somewhere in case they ever need to purchase some things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easily.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're gonna builk me, hurry up. This remodel is killing me, oh boy. Yeah god, so my.
Speaker 4: Nobody has any idea, and I probably have taken in too much information about AI, where it may.
Speaker 2: Be doing me more harm than good.
Speaker 4: But the whole it's going to destroy mankind because it takes all the jobs we may never get there.
Speaker 1: That's an ultimate problem. Robots have chewed out our lungs or what.
Speaker 4: Or launched World War three because it decided something or other or whatever the hell, Yeah, that might be the bigger threat.
Speaker 2: We don't even get to the hole.
Speaker 4: It takes all the jobs, and we have to figure out how to survive when nobody's working.
Speaker 1: And we have the planet of the beavers, radioactive beavers, giant radioactive beavers.
Speaker 4: Good Lord, where is this going to end up? I hope I live long enough to see it. I think maybe I'm better off not we will finish Strong next arm Strong and kill Joe.
Speaker 2: Biden's getting the Yoko treatment.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe she maybe she deserves it, but yoga didn't break up the Beatles.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 6: I think there are any number of people that were part of this decision to hide how bad it was, not only from the media, not only from the public, but also from cabinet officials, from people in the White House, from Democratic lawmakers.
Speaker 2: I mean there was a period.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty three twenty twenty four Democratic lawmakers barely saw the president. And yes, I think it was Jill Biden. I also think it's Hunter Biden. I also think President Biden has some agency here too. We're not saying it was before weekend at Bertie. He was aware was going. You know, I'm saying he wasn't like he had moments where he was non functioning, but he he understood what was going on.
Speaker 2: Hm. I'm confused by that.
Speaker 4: So like he knew that handful of people were running the White House because he sometimes wasn't with it, he knew that is that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how specifically can you assign like culpability to somebody in that situation.
Speaker 2: How senile was he?
Speaker 1: How often was he How thoroughly did he understand what was happening during his bad days too? Maybe he thought he went and took a four hour nap and everybody did too.
Speaker 4: There's no way, I mean, I don't know this, but that just doesn't really seem to make sense that senile people know how senile they are. It's like your whole thing about you know, why you shouldn't make your decisions to whether you can drive or not when you're drunk. A drunk person is not the right person to make that decision. I just I can't imagine a SEENIW person is the right person to make the decision of whether they're how seniw they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if during his cogent moments he was so hubristic he actually believed he was the only person who could defeat Trump, then yeah, he does bear some responsibility, But it's it's tough line to draw.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched Mark Alprin's.
Speaker 4: Podcast video thing he puts out everything today, but he said Democrats should investigate the cover up of Biden's health, that that would be the best thing to revitalize the party, sort of the way the Republicans went so hard at Nixon and like setting new rules in place and all kinds of different things after Watergate. The Democrats should take the lead on investigating who knew what when?
Speaker 2: And I just think there's way too many people involved.
Speaker 4: Are you going to take out the whole leadership of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: I think he would end up splattering more people than you intended to.
Speaker 4: Although hesibility, Mark Alprin might be right that that's your only chance to rebuild.
Speaker 2: As a party.
Speaker 1: Might be that might be true. I was hoping to get to this today. We'll get to it tomorrow. Is the new abundance philosophy among Democrats? That's really they're leaning on that in the Democratic Party. Lower regulations making easier for businesses and easier for people to pursue their economics. They're becoming conservatives, so I suppose I should welcome them, but we'll talk about that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the abundance thing is interesting. I've listened to a bunch of different podcasts about that.
Speaker 2: I'll be interested to hear your opinion on it.
Speaker 4: We have a good One More Thing podcast today that we're going to records soon as the show's over. If you missed a segment ever during this program, you can look for Armstrong and Getty on demand. But the One More Thing podcast we also do. You should watch that and sometimes we curse. Yeah, yeah, there are swears. So the Muslim lunatic who flamethrower attacked Americans in Boulder, Colorado, including Jewish folks, in the name of Palestinians and Allah and god knows whatever else.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I was just reading a very good, responsible sober article in the Wall Street Journal about how he is being charged with first degree murder even though nobody has passed. And it's funny that the obvious question is wait a minute, what, how or why, and it's not addressed at all in the article. It's It's another example of what we're always talking about. How did journalists not understand? Don't they read what they're they've written like aloud and think, wait a minute, this leaves a gigantic question unanswered.
Speaker 4: Right and even on So I was watching Fox and they tried to explain it by saying, this is not an uncommon practice when the FBI writes up an indictment in other news.
Speaker 1: Well, why why nobody is dead? Nobody has been murdered.
Speaker 4: Why is it a common practice to charge someone with murder when nobody is dying.
Speaker 1: I can imagine that if somebody is a damn near death, that you'd want the paperwork in order for when God forbid they pass.
Speaker 4: But tell us that final thoughts with arm fryinging.
Speaker 1: That was somebody supposed to be Tom Brokaw was brief, but poor's funny.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Wouldn't that be delightful? Let's begin with our technical director.
Speaker 2: Michael Anzelo. Michael, final thought.
Speaker 1: Lots of graduations, both high school and college, and I have a story to tell on one more thing. Oh cool, yep, excellent graduating Katie Green back in the saddle again. Our esteem newswoman Katie. Final thought, and that's my final thought. It is so weird.
Speaker 2: How much better I feel now that I'm back at work. Really really Yeah.
Speaker 5: The whole week felt like I was missing something or not doing something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Routines are important. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's true. Jack. A final thought for us.
Speaker 4: My son is a freshman. He'll graduating into sophomore dumb, I guess. But he plays in the band, so they have to play for the actual graduation of the seniors, which Joe and I both did.
Speaker 2: I think you did that, didn't you? Were you? Just all over and over? He played pumping circumstance for light lifts, played after that. They're practicing for that.
Speaker 1: My final thought is I've mentioned once or twice today we're in the middle of a remodel and it's gone very sideways. They found a bunch of rotten walls we didn't expect, so here we go. Having a sense of humor about life maybe the most important thing you can ever have. That and a lot of money, but a sense of humor, I tell you what. You gotta be able to chuckle arm toughtimes will come no matter who you are and how much money you have, no doubt.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty wracking up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people that think so little time. Go to armstrong in getdy dot com. Pick up some ang swag for your favorite Ang fan.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's you T shirt hat the ever popular hoodie, Drop us a O mail bag in armstrong in getty dot com, and enjoy the hot links.
Speaker 2: A lot of good stuff, and we will see tomorrow.
Speaker 4: God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty. I think it takes two to tango Heaven.
Speaker 5: Thank your star spangled all show dead, so.
Speaker 2: Let's go with it.
Speaker 1: Bang u And according to JD power, drivers are underwhelmed by gesture controls, where one can say, increase the volume by rotating an imaginary knob in the air.
Speaker 2: You're an imaginary knob.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty