Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So as far as the investment side, yeah, the dollar cost average. I think you had talked about that. That's a great way to start if you you know, it sounds like you started something with the retirement with the raw. But I don't know if you have a brokerage account, but if you don't, open a brokerage account, a non retirement brokerage account, so that's money that is not tied to your retirement. You can invest in that every single month. You spoke about Lawrence's class, so I'm assuming that you've been you've been tapped in with that, So that's great as far as you know, talk about investing. And then of course we talk about investing every Monday with Market Monday, so you know, we talk about the ets, the index funds, all that stuff. So you can pick a couple of stocks funds that you feel comfortable with and start putting money in every single month.
Speaker 4: That's one way to just get.
Speaker 3: The ball rolling and you know, get into the actual investment game where you're putting money away over the consistent period of time. Now, as far as the pilot situation, obviously, from what you're saying, that's a little bit more capital a lot more capital intensive, so it probably would be difficult to self raise or self fund that type of project. Me personally, I'm real big on collaboration. That's something that you know we've practic and we still do to this day is collaborate with different people. And I just personally feel like, you know, you can do a lot more together than you can separate. And even if that means, you know, working with other people for equity, like in giving up equity, like it's not wrong with giving up like we have given up equity. And our third partner, Mike, he's a childhood friend of ours, but when we brought them on, we didn't have enough money to actually pay them, so we gave him a part of the company.
Speaker 4: Now he's our business partners.
Speaker 3: So I think giving up ownership, giving up a portion of equity and giving up ownership of two different things. Giving up some equity can be a smart move if somebody can add value. That's why you give up equity, if you don't necessarily have the resources and you need to bring somebody on. Now they can provide their talent, their relationships, you know, whatever they can bring to the table, and they're not working for money because now they're a part owner in the company.
Speaker 4: So the company's success is tied to their success.
Speaker 3: So it's in their best interest for that company to be successful because the more money that the company makes, the more money that they make, as opposed to just hiring an employee, and you know, if it's a good employee, then you know they'll work is hard just because you know that's what they're supposed to do. But obviously, you know there's a lot of employees that don't care because you know, it doesn't matter how well the company does, or you know they're still going to get paid the same amount. So that's why the equity play is not always a bad play. Partnerships are not always bad. It's just a matter of just being intelligent about it, keeping ownership, keeping you know, a majority state, things of that nature. So I would approach it from that standpoint. I would approach it from partnerships. Look to see you say, you've been in the industry for a long time, so I'm sure you have a lot of great relationships with different people, and you know, who knows who would want to work with you or who won't want to partner with you, and different things of that nature. So that's how I would approach it, as opposed to even thinking about funding it out of my own pocket with that much capital if it was less capital, but if it's a lot, if it's gonna be real, real capital intensive, then you know, you might want to go a different route.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good though. That's the partnership is definitely something that's been out there. It's just again really holding in or owning in on the or homing in on the ownership piece. We definitely want to be attachment. I'm pretty sure you can tell like sometimes people don't take you seriously. But like I said, even with having the experience, it's like that. But that was some good insight. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: All Right, p Matt, we're coming to you and meet yourself.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, okay, cool, cool, Hey, I just wanted to ask a quick question. I'm sure it's been asked many times. It's about four one K rollover. My specific question is I have like three four one case from the previous employers. I'm gonna roll like one of the bigger ones into a new one that I'm participating that the employe is participating in, but then the two smaller ones I want to be able to invest myself.
Speaker 6: So just kind of to sum it up, I have I had it with Fidelity.
Speaker 7: I'm going to entrust her the lgitum mount into a company named the principal, and I've always uh trade with TD. I had a a brokerage account with excuse me, with Fidelity, but I'm I'm transferring. I transferred those funds into TV because just what I've heard is that it's it's it's.
Speaker 6: More user friendly, things of that nature.
Speaker 7: Now my question is with the other two smaller ones that I'm not going to transfer into the the account that with that's with my employer. I want to have a little bit of flexibility to to to move those around. So I didn't know if I should just keep the funds with Fidelity and have a separate IRA there or transfer it into TV where I have my brokerage account.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC ernerds.
Speaker 6: What's Up?
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash p O d k A t z thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash p O d k A t z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need that.
Speaker 7: Way, you know, I guess, I guess I'm a little confused on what's the benefits of having it having an IRA with a different company because I'm not going to put it with the you know, I'm not trying. I'm trying not to roll everything into my four o K four one K. I'm trying to make sure that I have some flexibility to to move it around, you know, as I feel fit.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, your current four one KS with Fidelity, and you're debating whether you should roll into an IRA with Fidelity or I RA with t D. Is that the question?
Speaker 7: So it's actually with a different So my current fall one K, I'm transferring your old Yeah, the old one side. The old one was with Fidelity. So I'm transferring the old ones. Two of one of the old ones, the larger amount to one that my employees participating, and that's called the principle. So I'm already just that's that's kind of just out out there. I'm gonna just put the bigger one into the one that they're contributing to.
Speaker 6: But the two smaller ones that I have with Fidelity, I was gonna.
Speaker 7: I guess I'm trying to figure out if it makes sense to transferred over to TD since I'm kind of that's where my brokenge account is. My individual brokege account. That way, I could kind of line things up. That's that's what I'm thinking, or or I don't even know if there's any benefit of just having it transferring, taking that fall one K and turning it into a R I RA with UH with Fidelity and just keeping it where it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it depends on which you have one you feel comfortable with, right, Like, I mean, Fidelity TD, they're both good companies. They're both, you know, very similar. I personally like TD a little bit.
Speaker 4: I have both.
Speaker 3: I have FIDELI and TV TD. I like TD a little better because it just has a better user interface in my opinion. But I mean it's not like one is dramatically better than the others. So I guess it's just whatever you feel comfortable with. But you can roll it over into it a Fidelity I RA and you know, have you know, control over it and you know, pick the investments that you want, or you can roll it over into a T D I RA and have control over and pick the investments that you want.
Speaker 4: So it really just depends, honestly.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's just up to you, Like whatever whichever one you feel most comfortable with. Like I said me personally, I just like TD. I like TD better than Fidelity because I just feel like it has a better user interface.
Speaker 6: And yeah, so that's not true that.
Speaker 4: That's my personal opinion.
Speaker 3: So you know, but you can you can do either or I mean, there's really no no dramatic difference from one than the other, you know, similar, Okay.
Speaker 7: All right, And it's just the last thing on that on that no matter where I go to transfer it, changing that for one K into an IR, what's really the benefits of the IRA. When I'm am I able to move things around as I feel like, so I know I can't do that with the four one K. So I'm assuming that's just the only benefit is the flexibility.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, a full one K is pretty much like frozen in the sense when you're not working it anymore, not frozen weight. It's not growing. But when you when you leave a job, you can't add money to your fall one K anymore, you can't ball for it, you don't have any like advice, and you're stuck with the investments that's provided for you from the four one K. So a fall one K has like a menu of different options like they have like let's say fifteen different funds that you can pick and choose from, but you can only invest in those funds. So with an IRA, you get to pick and choose the funds that you that you want, right you can add you can add money to it. So like let's say going forward, like you start a business, or your job doesn't have a full one K, your new job doesn't have a full one K, or you can always add money to an IRA. IRA also can serve as like a central hub where you know, you might leave multiple different jobs throughout the course of your life and you might have like six different four one ks that that becomes a little difficult to manage, but you can always roll those four one ks into an IRA and have that as like the central hub for all of your old four one ks.
Speaker 4: So in a nutshell, it just gives you more flexibility.
Speaker 3: Gives you more flexibility as far as you know, being able to pick and choose your investments and you know, actually being able to put money into it as well, so those you don't have once you leave the company with an old four to one K. So that's really the benefit with the IRA as opposed to keeping the money in the old for one K.
Speaker 6: All right, sounds good. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Man Andrew, you are coming to you and yourself with and somebody saying the chat. You can't access them. You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't access the IRA. You just pay penalty on it, just like a four to one K. If you had like an old four to one K and you took the money out before fifty nine and a half, you pay a penalty on it. But there is there are some provisions where you can actually take some money out of without paying the penalty tax. But you always pay state and federal text on an IRA or a four one K, so they're both the same Immanet regards.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this Podcasting conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need