Speaker 1: I hope you're having a great Tuesday.
Speaker 2: That only means one thing on this podcast, and that it is awkward Tuesday phone call everything that can overtake taco to that's right, that's right, Say good a mile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what we've been training for.
Speaker 1: How did I just know that it just aligns today? Starsh My god, you.
Speaker 3: Are not nearly as drunk as you should be right.
Speaker 1: Now, or not even as many tacos as I should have either. Full. Okay, let's get it done.
Speaker 2: Let's get a brand new episode out right now, and then we're all headed to the bar again.
Speaker 1: Do you have any comments before we get there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, we said the other day someone uses our second Ate update to time their showers. Oh yeah, so sim commented that guy uses it for shower time.
Speaker 1: Ha, I use it for toilet time. Any longer and my legs go numb and I can't walk.
Speaker 4: Right, I know my stomachs have st I've listened to two Second Days back and back.
Speaker 1: No, no more details. He loves the classics on the weekend. Oh all right, here we go. Let's still make it any more awkward than it is. Uh, awkward Tuesday phone called brand new starts right now.
Speaker 4: Out of all the milestones in a budding relationship, the first kiss, first sleepover, first time clogging their toilet and blaming it on their dog.
Speaker 3: Climbed in, Yeah it wasn't me.
Speaker 4: First one I always look forward to the most is the first big argument.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it going to.
Speaker 3: Be a power?
Speaker 4: I love that because that's when you really get to see what it would be like to date them for the long haul.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: Well, one of our listeners reached that milestone on date number three.
Speaker 1: Oh oh good man, and it.
Speaker 3: Was not pretty.
Speaker 4: She went in pretty hard on the guide admits she was actually the one in the wrong, But is it too late to apologize? Now we're going to find out what happened and try to help save the relationship when we do your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: Next, It's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: One of our bread and butter segments on this show is the second date update. Yes, but where do you turn if you already had the second date?
Speaker 3: You're on your third. Things are looking really good.
Speaker 4: Trying to land that plane, but you don't see the ice on the tarmac. Oh no, Suddenly the butting relationship skids off the runway straight into a fireworks factory.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: There just as disastrous as disaster could get built.
Speaker 1: Those next to an airplane runway.
Speaker 4: It was to celebrate the opening of the airport exactly. That's basically where our listener, Isabella finds herself after going on a third date that went south, and she thinks it's all her fault, but she wants our help to try and repair it. Isabella, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, thanks for having me. Guys.
Speaker 1: Oh you sound down.
Speaker 5: I am down. The guy I've been talking to has just like completely ignored me now.
Speaker 4: And for once, it was the woman's fault. This is interesting to me.
Speaker 3: Tell me that.
Speaker 1: Fifty percent of the time it's it's the woman's fault.
Speaker 4: I'm she's admitting that it's her and I'm curious why you think that, Isabella, what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure it's my fault. It was just something that I did. It was stupid, it ruined everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, slow down. Is this something you did on the first date? Something you did on the second date?
Speaker 5: It was actually our third Oh you.
Speaker 1: Did go on a third day. I'm sorry. I didn't understand that.
Speaker 3: I know my intro was relevant for.
Speaker 1: Who's the guy that you were out with?
Speaker 5: His name is Marco?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that would probably get him to stop calling with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean his whole life, right.
Speaker 4: What happened on the third date with Marco that made you think something was wrong?
Speaker 5: Okay, well he isn't telling me why, but this is my guest. The last time he hung out, I was hoping, you know, things would happen if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you're feeling connected to him.
Speaker 3: You're through some Suku.
Speaker 2: Naked I already did nine.
Speaker 5: So we were hanging out, its getting late. We were watching some boring national geographic video about birds I don't know. Okay, yeah, he's learning to fall asleep, right, and so.
Speaker 1: Like, wake up Marco.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I wanted him to like stay up and have fun. So I was like, you know what, let's go get into energy drink and he didn't have when it did his place. So he's like, oh, there's a gas station a couple of blocks away. Let's just hop in the car and I'll take you real quick.
Speaker 3: So okay, we get there.
Speaker 5: He parks the car at one of the pumps, he gets gassed. I go inside, and when I come out, it looks like he's going through my phone, like he it looks like my phone in your hands. So I get really aggressive quick and I accuse him. I'm like, hey, don't go through my stuff. What are you doing? You can't just go through my phone. It's not okay. Well it turns out it was his phone, you know, but i'd already said it, and I'd already come out of him like real aggressive.
Speaker 1: You sound really sweet, Like how scary do you get?
Speaker 5: I mean, I can get mad, especially when I feel like boundaries are being cross, you know, and especially since I had an ex who went through my stuff and he broke trust constantly. But I shouldn't have accused him.
Speaker 4: And when you accused him of going through your phone, what was his reaction?
Speaker 6: Well, he was.
Speaker 5: Just sort of like taken aback and he's like, this isn't yours, Like what the heck? Like that was crazy reaction.
Speaker 3: It's an energy shift.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting when you're dating someone in the very beginning and you see.
Speaker 1: That first side of them. Oh this is what I'm getting into.
Speaker 5: Right, But it's not even the worst part my problem was that I didn't drop it for the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you didn't drop it?
Speaker 5: Well, on the whole right home, I brought it again and I was like, just tell me if you look through my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, why did you not believe him?
Speaker 5: I think it was just triggering for me. You know, it's just like I had EXAs do that to me in the past.
Speaker 4: That is obviously not a good look. But we do appreciate you being honest and vulnerable. I know that's hard to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I realized I wasn't going wrong, But after that he was like, oh, we just call it a knight.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't even want to go inside and drink the energy drinks and see what happens.
Speaker 3: No, Geez's pretty much true.
Speaker 1: When did you work in your apology?
Speaker 5: I mean, I've apologized a text a few times, but I haven't like called them I've done it over the phone or anything yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think.
Speaker 2: Part of your biggest hurdle here isn't that you got angry and you know missaw the situation.
Speaker 1: It's that the length of time it took you to rebound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, didn't made that worse.
Speaker 3: What should we bring out?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just.
Speaker 2: Hard, Like you do owe him a big apology, a sincere one.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I know that you're right. I just I'm hoping that you guys can help me figure out how to do this, Like how do I undo this? How do I go about apologizing to them while still expressing my boundaries for the future.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need to anymore. I think he gets your boundaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think those are very clear.
Speaker 4: A lot of behavior changes going forward. But in the meantime, we're all going to go to the break round. We're gonna grab some Monster Energy drinks and pound them to think of the best advice we could give you before we come back, and let you call your guy Marco and Paul guy you're talking to day casually and see if we can get him to give you one more chance.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go through Brooks Phone. Why do that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 4: We should all look at Brooks Phone fun, and then we'll let you do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 3: Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Trust is a fickle beast.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: Once you lose it, it's almost impossible to get it back. Oh yeah, and that's what our listener, Isabella is dealing with after her third date with a guy named Marco, where she accused him of looking through her phone while she was in a.
Speaker 3: Gas station buying drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Turns out he was looking at his own phone, and her insecurities from a previous relationship kind of took over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Worst port though.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't drop it the entire ride home, and they parted ways on a really weird note. Have not spoken since, So she's coming to us seeking advice on how to properly apologize and hopefully smooth things over. She should be super easy, Brook, what's your advice for Isabella?
Speaker 1: Well, this might come off as a little manipulative.
Speaker 3: Oh I like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: But what you need to do is you need to say you're sorry, say you're so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Start crying.
Speaker 3: Oh, start crying.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and just tell him that you're just not used to being around such an amazing guy like he is, and.
Speaker 1: Then you'll get used to it and you're excited about it.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think about that, Isabella? Can you cry on command?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 5: I could try, But I like that idea of bettering him up.
Speaker 3: Yes, taking a really positive angle.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: Men have a very difficult time when a woman starts it's crying, being able to do anything except agree with her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so sorry. What do I do here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, so that's your advice. You can use as much or as little of it as you want, Isabella. It's really up to you. Yeah, okay, okay, okay, Well, don't start crying.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We haven't even got Marco on the phone.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's going to be fake. I think it's going to come out national.
Speaker 3: Might be, I know, because then I'm going to be uncomfortable. That's good.
Speaker 1: Cry.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll see what happens. I'm gonna dial Marco. We'll see if he picks it up. Good luck, Isabella, Thank you? Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey Marco, I'm why are you who?
Speaker 5: Well you're not answering any of my texts. I really wanted to talk to you. Things were good between us before the night at the gas station.
Speaker 6: Can we do this time? I really got to run?
Speaker 5: Well, look, I just I just wanted to talk. I messed up. Well, I'm just not used to staying around such a good guy, you know, And I'm so sorry, and I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 6: And wait a second, are you crying?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 6: What's wrong?
Speaker 5: I just thought we had a really good connection and I'm sorry about that night, and you're just a good guy and I'm not used to that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: You need to stop crying.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I really am sorry. I didn't mean to come at you so aggressively like that, just like I thought you were going through my phone And I've had to deal with exes doing that in the past, and they broke my trust. And so I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I accuse you of that.
Speaker 6: Look are you really trying to use this phone thing to cover up what you did?
Speaker 5: What you wouldn't mean? What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Oh? Come on, you know.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what you What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: At the gas station?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 6: I saw you?
Speaker 7: What what did you see when you were in the store getting the energy drinks? What what I saw you flash the employee?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 5: What I've lift your shirt?
Speaker 3: Is that what you mean by show?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 6: What is this? What's going on.
Speaker 1: He kind of like a flash.
Speaker 4: We're trying to figure out the same thing, Marco. Because this is a radio show, we're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and Isabella as a listener. She reached out for help trying to have this conversation with you.
Speaker 2: She really wanted to apologize and be sincere about the accusations about you going through her phone.
Speaker 6: Uh, okay, well that's not really the problem.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well through this, well, whatever you think you saw, it probably was like a weird misunderstanding. Isabelle, you didn't actually flash the gas station clerk?
Speaker 1: Oh god, WHOA why?
Speaker 2: I've never flashed anyone in my life, and I've done all sorts of weird stuck.
Speaker 3: From her husband hasn't seen her with her top a.
Speaker 1: The lighting in a gas station is terrible. Those videos go viral all the time. Security camera to flash a gas station attended.
Speaker 5: Okay, So when we went to the gas station, I left my purse back at the house and I didn't have anything to pay for the drinks, and I didn't want to bug him, so I asked the clerk if I flashed him what he caught me? And he's sun here.
Speaker 3: That works okay, right now, you life hack unlocked.
Speaker 1: I mean you had your bra on. It's just like showing a bikini top, right yeah.
Speaker 5: Although both of them were out.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm glad it wasn't just one of them.
Speaker 1: That would be even.
Speaker 3: More often So Marco, that doesn't work for you.
Speaker 7: Okay. Look, we hadn't even kissed yet, and you're already showing like you're flashing some gas station weirdo.
Speaker 5: I didn't I couldn't pay for it, and I didn't want to ask you'd pay. And for the record, I didn't kiss you on the first few days because I'm a lady and I don't a lady.
Speaker 1: You pay for two energy dreams by showing some rando your booth.
Speaker 3: It was a classy flash broke. That's what a lady.
Speaker 5: Does about the deal. I got a free drink out of it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not no Okay.
Speaker 4: What I think we really need to focus on is not the flashing, is on getting Marco and Isabella talking and possibly hanging out again.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Marc, where where's your head at?
Speaker 6: Ah man? I don't know. I guess it's just I don't want to be with someone who does that.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about it, Isabella, if the roles were reversed and he went in and dropped trow to get a free coffee, Like, how would you feel about the situation?
Speaker 3: Just helicopter for a slurp? You know what I mean? I would do that though they just gave these to me for free to get out. I didn't even want them.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't like that, Isabella.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what your mama gave you.
Speaker 3: Like, sounded like a brook line the body line broke. Yeah, positivity.
Speaker 1: That's not empowerment.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, Isabella.
Speaker 4: The empowerment police apparently just came in, dropped the hammer on you in your chest.
Speaker 6: Cries. Now you told her to cry? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: It's empowering? Cry.
Speaker 1: I never said thanks. I said if it happened that that would be a good thing.
Speaker 6: Isabella. You're as messed up as the people you got to do this.
Speaker 3: Well, we look bad. I take it as a compliment. Okay.
Speaker 2: I've never been anything but trashy, so it's fine anyway.
Speaker 4: Clearly, I mean, we thought this was a misunderstanding over phone stuff. Turns out it was a misunderstanding over a topless gas station payment.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Marco would have gladly paid for the energy drinks.
Speaker 4: It was a nice move for her, though, to not have to ask for him to pay no.
Speaker 2: More than just two energy drinks at that point.
Speaker 1: Flashing for a good cause.
Speaker 4: Now, Isabelle, I guess that's the lesson that we learned. Make sure you grab a bag of funions on your way out next time before you show the.
Speaker 5: Good Okay, thanks guys. I I'll try to remember that. But Mark, don't we just hang out?
Speaker 1: I will say, she's got a good attitude about all of this. We've gone pretty hard on her.
Speaker 4: At least you know why she did it. It wasn't for like her own joy.
Speaker 1: She forgot her like it maybe was a little.
Speaker 3: At wasn't void of joy.
Speaker 2: That's true the first time she's done it.
Speaker 4: But she just didn't want to bug you and force you to pay. That's somebody that I would want in my corner if I was you, so I would rethink hanging out with Isabella again.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you ever run out of gas in a remote area, you.
Speaker 3: Don't need your apple pay Marco? What do you think? I don't know?
Speaker 6: This is all just a little too crazy. For me, I'm a pretty simple guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we call the gas station attendant for a second date.
Speaker 1: Update.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean she's not really my type anyway. I don't know what he expects. I'm I'm a lady, so.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, no one will ever doubt that.
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: And the only other time I've ever heard of flashing people to get free stuff was at Marty Grass. I didn't know it was an option at seven to eleven. You should have signs up that say we accept cash, card and sea Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or spring break in the early two thousands in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Well, what else can we get for this? I want to turn a board a plane doing You don't think.
Speaker 1: It works as good for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, women don't fall for it the same way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, desensitized or something. And it is unfortunate, But I do think it's respectable that Marco said no to her after hearing everything.
Speaker 1: How could you not? Yeah, is there a bigger red flash?
Speaker 3: It is a little bad started.
Speaker 1: And and that she didn't even bring that up to us as a.
Speaker 4: Possible I don't think she thought anybody saw it, but we did have plenty of dudes on the textboard at seven eighty five nine two, being like, oh yeah, that's my kind of woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't let him judge you girls.
Speaker 5: Yes, love our.
Speaker 3: Listeners for that.
Speaker 4: But if you miss today's awkward call or you want to hear more of them, we got all of them online on our podcast find it at Brooke and Jeffrey