Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and he. I'm strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So after a political article reports that Trump told his inner circle and members of his cabinet that Musk will be stepping back, saying quote, the President is pleased with Elon Musk, but the decision comes as the tech mogul increasingly looks like a political liability. Well, the White House wasted no time in responding, the Press secretary posting this quote.
Speaker 2: This scoop is garbage.
Speaker 3: Elon Musk and President Trump have both publicly stated that Elon will depart from public service as a special government employee when his incredible work at DOGE is complete, to which must commented this quote. Yeah, fake news.
Speaker 4: This is one of the times where the claim of fake news is completely fake news.
Speaker 2: It's fake news.
Speaker 4: Do I think the behind the scenes Trump is thinking a Elon's a little over His keys are doing me more harm than good.
Speaker 2: I can believe that.
Speaker 4: But the Elon is being pushed out or fired or whatever, as they reported all day long yesterday on MSNBC.
Speaker 2: Now it's one hundred and thirty day deal by law.
Speaker 4: He's talked openly about the date that he's leaving, and he's still planning on leaving on that day.
Speaker 2: The end.
Speaker 1: That's the end of the whole story. Well, and as Trump said, he's got big companies to run. This was not going to be forever.
Speaker 4: But it was presented as you know, a rift and a breakdown and Elon getting his punishment after the Supreme Court justice in Wisconsin that he boosted lost and blah blahs. If you enjoy that kind of soap opera crap, good for you. Knock yourself out. Since we're talking about Elon, here's AOC being asked if she still has her tesla, Tarson, do.
Speaker 2: You still have your tesla? I was just wonder if you still have your tesla?
Speaker 5: Your security viasons on hot?
Speaker 2: I'm not hot any what for for security reasons? I'm a hobbit? Is that what she's said?
Speaker 1: Yes, she disguises herself as a denizen of the shire when she leaves the Capitol to go home at night.
Speaker 4: I couldn't understand her, but it makes sense that you can't, especially if you're AOC or like a lightning rod, you can't go around telling people what kind.
Speaker 2: Of car you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's just silly, that's kind of funny question. But uh so, okay, that's fine. Oh exactly. I admit to a low level of chagrin because in our discussion of tariffs in the previous hours of the program, I we were missing a giant piece of information. In my defense, as a guy who reads, you know, a huge percentage of Wall Street Journal every day and then goes to the New York Times and all sorts of other news sources to get the various perspectives and figure out what our people are using. The key piece of information how these quote unquote reciprocal tariffs are being calculated. The Wall Street Journal didn't have until it's like half an hour forty minutes before we brought it up, tipped off by listeners that what are being called reciprocal tariffs are a slightly complicated formula that they figure what teriff freight is necessary to balance bilateral trade between the US and each of our trading partners, which again is a weird and artificial goal in my mind. You got some small poor country, but every country factoring.
Speaker 2: Practically every country's poor compared to US. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to buy more from them than we sell to them, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's uh.
Speaker 1: The point remains, though, that we need to restructure tariffs and trades in a way trade that's more fundamentally fair to American workers. Anyway, there are plenty to be said in the days to come as this all shakes out.
Speaker 4: We didn't get one, uh somebody complaining about our boring teriff talking how you don't like it, and good for you if you have no financial investment in the world at all and don't care about this, because this is huge. This is really huge. I mean, if it goes the way the detractors say it's gonna go, this could be like change your retirement sort of stuff. Oh yeah, So I think it's plenty worth talking about. I am amazed that one guy can set this off.
Speaker 2: One guy.
Speaker 4: Ran Paul tweeted about this and then spoke about it last night on the floor of the Senate. He said, I'm about to take the Senate floor to speak out against tariffs and stand up for the principle of no taxation without representation. You don't want to miss this one. With just the idea of this is taxation on the American people. Tariff's at tax. You're gonna be paying for it. And one guy decided, I guess, you know, he was elected, so you have representation.
Speaker 1: But yeah, four Republicans in the Senate joined the Democrats in passing a law that condemned this and said it should be overturned or something.
Speaker 2: I didn't see the specifics, but it was the Randy Man and you're and Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 1: Interestingly Man, and then you're two super moderate senator ladies Murkowski and Susan Collins.
Speaker 2: I think it was. Anyway, it'll never get through the House, but it's interesting.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get this on because I thought it was kind of interesting if I can find it, Oh, here it is just in terms of the who the biggest economies are, and the United States is the biggest economy in the world.
Speaker 2: There for a while it looked like China was going to pass us.
Speaker 4: Then not so much, and now there's a decent chance they never do because they've got so many things going the wrong way, demographics, business, everything else.
Speaker 1: But here are your top economies. You know, Sorry, just a quick interjection. Thomas Friedman in The New York Times. I think yesterday had another one of his China is way better at everything columns, just he sees so in love with them and they're innovation and how they're the future clearly, and okay, all right, tommy boy.
Speaker 4: And the point has been made before that since China has an India, if you've got four times the population of the United States, your workers can be a quarter as productive and you have as a big an economy. I mean, that's just math of it, the advantage of having a giant country. And so I came across this in the Economist that India is about to overtake Japan on the ranking of biggest economies. But some of these on here are kind of surprising. United States number one, China number two, then Japan and Germany not that bigger countries, I mean, compared to China and India in the United States, but their economies are really amazing, right.
Speaker 1: I hate to hear them mentioned in the same sentence together last time went poorly, I never forget.
Speaker 4: And then India, which if they ever get their act together, could you know, be a colossus. But they're they're going to move up the list to number four. That's Great Britain. All this talk about Old Europe, which I've engaged in. You know, their economies are still big. You got Germany, the United Kingdom, and France all in the top eight, which is.
Speaker 1: Why when the EU is looked at as a whole, they rival the US.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then it's Brazil, which doesn't get enough attention. Italy.
Speaker 4: Canada is the tenth largest economy in the world with their little population forty million people, right, yeah, roughly the same as California. Of course, if you break out California, we're like the fifth biggest economy in the world, would be bigger than most of these places we mentioned. Also, Russia, for all their problems, is the eleventh biggest economy in the world. Wow, freaking Mexico, which is a disaster of a country. It's just called Mexico. Generally, it's the twelfth biggest economy in the world. Yeah, even run by you know, Narco state. Does that include the cartel's economic output? I don't have any idea, but you know what that's that's a super interesting question. I mean, because the cartels buy things and sell things and pay wages that go into people's pockets that are in turn you know used to buy a car economy eat right, So I wonder how that works in economic measurement. I won't break down the numbers because I want to bore you to death, because reading lists from the Atlas are not, you know, the best radio, but the United States and China are so much The drop off from one and two to everybody else is a lot. But I was surprised that so much of old Europe still cranks it out and is in the top half dozen or so. And they're you know, the countries that are quite angry about this new tariff deal?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Why how this shakes out as a great mystery? We'll all find out together, I suppose. I just hope it's not too chaotic.
Speaker 4: They won't take our meat or our lobsters. Right in Europe, our beautiful beef.
Speaker 2: Our beef is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I think we should land on Normandy again over this right beautiful.
Speaker 1: So if you had Charlemagne the god mocking Gavin Newsom on your Bengo card, Hey, now you're in luck. Why don't we play fifteen? Just for chuckles?
Speaker 2: Michael?
Speaker 6: Maybe Democratic leaders in Congress, ain't it? What if we look outside of Washington to The Governor's Gavin Nusso from California. He's been getting active lately. What's his fight plan? We need to change the conversation. And that's why I'm launching a new podcasts and this is going to be anything but the ordinary politician podcasts. I don't believe you. Your body doesn't even believe the words.
Speaker 1: Your same is mocking Gavin's overactive hand motions as he speaks. That's funny, that's you know. Charlemagne the God is a New York based radio personality very popular among young ish black folks and others. Obviously, but the the fact that he and his constituency have that immediate reaction and the Daily Show audience laughed uproar, abrooriously at it, that says something.
Speaker 4: Has anybody ever won the presidency who sounded sounded and looked contrived?
Speaker 2: The people that win tend to seem like they're being themselves.
Speaker 4: Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton's.
Speaker 1: Even Biden, who's full of crap and senile. Yeah he ran his old scrant and Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. The people.
Speaker 4: So it's amazing that so many people try to get that job by thinking about what their hand gestures are going to be or how to smile correctly.
Speaker 1: The people that win aren't doing that. You remember the other day we were watching Ron de Santis. He was talking about uh what, Oh, Actually it was a great stuff about how Florida has already reformed its universities and there's nobody being indoctrinated into Marxism and no loyalty oaths in Florida universities. And you commented, he looks twice as confident as he ever did during his presidential run. I think he got convinced that he had to be calculated and not Look, I'm a policy wonk in an attorney, but I'm real good at running stuff.
Speaker 2: Should have gone there. Oh the next I had meant to say this the other day.
Speaker 1: The next president of the United States might be DeSantis and not Ron. His wife, A Kutie is emerging emerging as a political juggernaut in Florida. I guess, super capable, charismatic, smart who knows first lady president.
Speaker 2: A woman president.
Speaker 1: Check the constitution says nothing about the Gonards.
Speaker 2: Really, really, that's surprising to me. We've got more on the waist there day.
Speaker 7: Robbie, twenty two year old Palestinian from City. Rabbi's family says he was killed by Hamas militants torture to death for publicly criticizing Hamas. Rubbi's brother, Hassan told CNN his brother was abducted from the streets of Gaza City by a group of Hamas militants. Six hours later, he was handed over barely alive. Rubbi's brother says his body was delivered with a message, this is the fate of everyone who disrespects al Casam brigades and speaks ill of them, referring to the armed wing of Hamas.
Speaker 1: There you have the story of a young man who spoke out against Tamas and was tortured to death in Gaza, and then students at Clem University safe and sound in New York, chanting about Intafada revolution having chained themselves to the gate.
Speaker 2: Leave them, I say, now you're chained to a gate. Good luck. Wait, you've got to cut our chains and drag us off and pretend to arrest us. No, I don't think I do. Yeah, we decided to just leave you there. That is so disgusting. Yes it is.
Speaker 1: And much as I would love to bash the youngsters for their stupidity, they were intentionally and systematically indoctrinated into a political philosophy by their government school educators.
Speaker 4: Boy, that's a very good point. For some reason, I was thinking, as you were talking, what if that was one of my kids. I don't even know if I could talk to them. But then what you said is true. Go ahead and you send them to college, and they every class they took told them this.
Speaker 2: So what are they supposed to think? Right?
Speaker 4: So I'd have to I guess I'd have to dedicate myself to deprogramming them.
Speaker 1: At risk of over making the point twenty eight place Michael.
Speaker 7: As his body is carried through the streets, the crowd erupts in chance, calling for Hamas to get out, his family now demanding justice and retribution. Rubbi was killed a week after he and thousands of other Palestinians took to the streets in Gaza's largest anti Hamas demonstration since the war began. Rubby had already scuffled with Hamas members a month earlier, his brother said and feared Hamas would kill him. They want to take me, they want to kill me, he said in this video.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they want from me. A week later, he was dead. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They drug him up to the house with a leisha around his neck, almost dead, and he died shortly thereafter, having been tortured, all his fingers cut off, you know, all the usual horrible, horrible things. Now, So these idiot, the most privileged people on earth, Columbia college kids who've chained themselves to something there and are chanting into fought a revolution, what would there be their life logic on it? Is it like the black face a white supremacy thing or yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to ask them so in your bizarro so stupidly oversimplified worldview, As I've said before, if my dog is spoused that I would kick him. That the person with more power is always the evildoer, and the person with less power is always the noble, fine person. How about Hamas and that poor young man who had the power there all right, now, lecture me about well, they would say, no, he is with the Zionists in effect, so he's become the oppressor and therefore cutting off all of his fingers was proper. And you're paying eighty thousand dollars a year for that. It's sickening, it's horrifying. I can't believe I am blaming myself. I don't know why, but I can't believe we let it get that far. The perversion in our education systems shocking. Man.
Speaker 4: You can be as anti Israel as you want, you can't justify.
Speaker 1: Hamas they do, though you're right by any means necessary. There is only one solution into fad a revolution.
Speaker 4: And the problem with this story obviously, and if you've spent any time on it ever in your life, you know this. But I'm still making my way through Thirteen Days. The Lawrence write book about the Middle East. Piece talks with Carterbegen and and he does a lot of history lessons in between the negotiations going way back, and the back and forth between Palestinians murdering innocent Israelis and then Israeli's wiping out Palestinians when Moshi Diane came on the scene, and I mean, it's it's ugly. And then so each side has got such a good story they can point to to justify anything, right, and it's a race to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Well, and honestly, it would be more honest and almost more informative if you refer to them as the Muslims and the Jews because it's not the town they're from that makes them oppose each other one side in particular.
Speaker 2: Right, that's complicated, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Well, guys, the deadline for TikTok to find a US owner is almost here, and Amazon just made a last minute offer to buy the app. You know you're rich when you can make a two hundred billion dollar impulse back and.
Speaker 2: Like a two am. Jeff Bezos is like, and that's just you undred million dollar.
Speaker 8: Company to the car and let me get this waffle maker tip. Right now, Amazon's wondering if they should buy a TikTok or just steal it off someone's front.
Speaker 2: Porsch. That's pretty funny. That's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, Bezos is the kind of guy that could come in and say, you know what, but I could make something out of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their algorithms are better, but I know some smart folks. Let's go ahead and buy it. Yeah, it's not going to go dark, I don't think anyway. Ah blurr afropool of nothing except it's kind of interesting and cool. Our own Katie Green can set up This report from Katie Nielsen of the NBC affiliate in the Bay Area.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this next story is out of my hometown, Castor Valley in the Bay Area, and it's about a comic book shop that's been in town for thirty five years. And I mean I remember buying cart like baseball cards and Pokemon cards there as a kid.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, these two.
Speaker 9: Jack holes decided to smash the window and rob the place at the beginning of last month, and justice has been served. Michael pet twenty four.
Speaker 5: Crush Comics store manager Cole Sanders and owner Josh Hunter never thought they'd find themselves as real life comic book vigilantes, but that's exactly what happened. After the shop was burglarized in the early morning hours of March twenty second, Bler cleared the wall where the most valuable comic books were displayed. Josh thought they were gone for good until one of his employees spotted a very specific comic book for sale on eBay less than twelve hours after the birthary.
Speaker 2: When I saw that on eBay, I was like, I'm just going to buy that and see what happens. And we got the guy's name and address and everything.
Speaker 5: The very next day, the Alameda County Sheriff's Department served a search warrant at the home of twenty nine year old Narula Amuri of Livermore, where they say they found tens of thousands of dollars of comic books, collectibles, and lego sets, the majority of which were returned to their respective stores.
Speaker 1: Do we know about anything about that very special comic? Was it a very rare merry Worth in which he counsels a friend to commit suicide?
Speaker 9: I think it was like a custom cover that he spotted. But what had happened is this guy who's been robbing, who robbed the Crush Comics, has robbed multiple other comic stores and toy stores throughout.
Speaker 2: The East Bay scumbag, And so.
Speaker 9: Crush Comics created a text thread with other store owners and they were going to all these different eBay sites, and there was actually an Instagram developed for buying legos that had all been stolen. And all of these comic book and toy store owners banned together and end up getting all the information on this guy, and Alameda County goes and busts them.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I noticed that it was Alameda's Gang Suppression Unit and street crimes unit that was in on the bus.
Speaker 2: So they're getting serious about that.
Speaker 1: And now Alameda County has a prosecutor prosecutes crimes, right right, Yeah, and gotten rid of the communist Pamela Price.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And one other note about the robber is he wore those old timey nose glasses, the glasses with the fake nose on him. And Crush Comics released that they had caught him by all taking pictures with the stolen merchandise, and they all had the nose glasses on.
Speaker 2: Yat.
Speaker 9: They had a great sense of humor about it, but it was nice to see them get everything back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the problem like them, when people steal rare art and stuff like.
Speaker 2: That, what are you going to do with it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean it's you know, every there's only people know where it came from. You could if if you could steal the Hope Diamond today, which I.
Speaker 2: Saw recently, Where did I see it? Washington? Dan? Right, must be there's a Sodian news by the way, but later.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you could steal the Hope Diamond today, what are you going to do with it? It's worthless unless you can somehow back channel and.
Speaker 1: Arab she yes, precisely, or a Russian oligarchy.
Speaker 2: I don't have a way to do that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I would just you know, put it under my pillow, post it on the Facebook or something. Hey, looking for an Arab chic or Russian oligarch. I got something you might want to buy. You meet some really nice FBI agents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's really like kind of an Ozark sort of conundrum, because practically anybody you try to deal with is going to think, why would I pay you anything for this?
Speaker 2: Well, I know you have it, I'm gonna come kill you and take it. Right.
Speaker 1: It's the perfect example, though, of a business you work your way up in. Anybody who would do that knows the answer to the question already because they've been selling illicit goods to shady characters around the globe.
Speaker 4: But this sort of person apparently did not know that. If they got this comic book that's very unique, you can't just put it on eBay.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah though, Yeah, a whole and moron.
Speaker 4: You kind of hate people like that, destroying what other people have worked so.
Speaker 2: Hard to create and build.
Speaker 1: It's just, oh, is it time for a reset of my buddy Drew's a long stated principle.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good one due career law enforcement guy.
Speaker 1: If you are contemplating a life of crime, that is proof that you're too stupid to pull off a life of crime with practically no exceptions.
Speaker 2: Correct. He tells funny stories of early in his career, just the stupid people he would bust, and they would think, how did you think you were going to get it? This was going to be successful. You're so stupid. But that's how he arrived at the principle.
Speaker 4: Right, the big the smaller crimes are all I just need twenty five bucks for meth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're bigger.
Speaker 4: Like you know you're gonna rob a bank? Can you get ten that? What are you gonna do with ten thousand dollars? You're you gonna retire?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: They haven't thought it out. Getting back to the principle, right, right, too stupid stupid should hurt, and it often does. It's just when it hurts other people that it's awful. Not to get overly serious. But I grew up reading a columnist by the name of Mike Royko in the Chicago Tribune and brilliant guy, wonderful writer, led a really interesting life, fought in world War two. It just worked all sorts of jobs. He was a street reporter and a guy stuck a gun in his face and robbed him at gunpoint one day on the streets of Chicago. And the point of the column was that the one thought that kept running through his mind was that this worthless moron was going to end his life. Everything he'd done and endured and lived through and accomplished, it was all going to be.
Speaker 2: Ended by just a jack hole.
Speaker 1: To a quote her friend Katie here, And that was the part that made him so mad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can imagine that now as a parent, just like my kids are going to have the life they're going to have without a dad.
Speaker 2: For whatever you're about to.
Speaker 4: Get, Yeah, which ain't worth nothing, right, Hugh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's a very very serious thing, and perhaps we will move on now.
Speaker 2: So I just saw this up on the TV.
Speaker 4: Have you seen this the female fencer who took a knee in her fencing match because she was gonna have to fence a dude no, And she said, I'm not going to compete against a man.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 4: You've seen that, Katie. So do you have any idea what the transfencer said to the girl because she walks. He walks up to her and has quite a converse, but I haven't seen what the conversation was.
Speaker 9: Well, so what happened is the female fencer told the I don't know if they're called referees, but the ref standing in between the two of them, that she was not going to fence this guy. And she took a knee and the ref couldn't understand what she said and he walked off. So the trans fencer went over to her to be like, hey, what's going on, and she said, listen, I love you, but you're a guy, and I'm not going to fence you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's kind of that's more on principle because somebody's I don't know that much about fencing, but I don't think you get hurt fencing to you.
Speaker 1: Oh you can. I don't think it happens a ton. That's why they have all that.
Speaker 4: But like, I can't imagine anybody boxes somebody or some of these other physical sports or even basketball.
Speaker 1: I see your point where you're up against a guy. We need more of this, much much more of this, and the rioting.
Speaker 4: Stadn't have the whole gymnasium isn't going nuts over it.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't get right.
Speaker 1: They might not be aware or they're afraid to speak out because remember last major poll it was seventy nine eighteen. God, if you're in against dudes competing against girls calling themselves girls.
Speaker 2: I was at a boys volleyball game last night.
Speaker 4: But if I'm at a girl's volleyball game and they got a dude on the team, feel free to stand up and say there's a dude on the girls team because eighty percent of the people in that room, and depending on where you live, it might be one hundred percent of the people.
Speaker 2: In that room agree with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's a child, that's a little different situation, but you.
Speaker 2: Still can't let it go on. So I don't know what you what you should do, o, Katie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So back to the fencing situation. The referee dealt the woman a black card, which represents the most severe penalty you can receive in the sport. She was then escorted out of the event and made to sign a document acknowledging her penalty.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, you can't make me sign a goddamn thing. But that's when you take out your little sword. And I still got it on me. Now you're gonna have a hole in you.
Speaker 1: You have one as eye when I'm done with it, boy, barbrick, or you could protest in a dignified fashion the injustice of it all.
Speaker 2: You could take it on eyes. Well you make a point, barb arc. Well, good for her. They gave her the old black card.
Speaker 1: Eh yeah, dare you USA fencing or whatever.
Speaker 2: What I know about fencing couldn't fill a thimble, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: But well, good for her, though, as I started to say, there needs to be way more of that. Ladies, girls do the brave thing if you can. And then parents who know what's right, don't sit there silent because you're afraid of the judgment of your wack of doodal progressive peers. That's the greatest badge of honor you could wear is that they were mad at you. So these are adults because they're college age. But this Sullivan person fenced for the men's team in college last season before switching to the women's team this season. You know what, We've got a couple of great emails about this topic, bencing. No women in you keep that one hand up, guys in. Girls, Well, yes, yes, yes, you hop back and forth. Yes, those great emails about dudes whooping up on girls that progressives allow coming up next.
Speaker 4: You're gonna feel it, Gail, and I don't want you to wear that dress is just the color of blood.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't want any blood, Gail. The g forces that are going to be on you, you're gonna feel like I'm gonna die, but you're not going to die. You were scaring them, Gail.
Speaker 1: Hydrogen was being poured into the ship and the Hindenburg got burned with hydrogen, and I'm thinking that's frightening.
Speaker 2: Girl. Between the time you leave your bed and get to the ship and go up in the air and then come back down and deal with the press a long time.
Speaker 4: There are no bathroom facilities, so they're gonna give you diapers.
Speaker 1: What's that's William Shatner talking to Gail King about her upcoming trip on the Blue Origin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rocket ship. It's Gail King? Who are? Who are? It's a bunch of gals, right, yeah, Rosie O'Donnell.
Speaker 4: No, Bezos's wife, I think Bezos' wife.
Speaker 2: And then another blazed blonde bad bush about it. Wow, that's Bill Shatner.
Speaker 1: A still with us clearly b still sharp and funny as hell. I love Bill Shatner, I really do, although I CA this is so weird today.
Speaker 2: In the midst of I don't know why. So on my way to the.
Speaker 4: Bathroom, hit me with William Shatner's age. We just heard him sharp, funny, eighty four, ninety four, No, he's ninety four. No, wow, Biden s will be president if he were that sharp?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, ninety well maybe yeah. Anyway, where it was, Oh, I came to a realization about Star Trek that in all my years of being a Trek fan, that's the one in all my years, it had never.
Speaker 2: Occurred to me.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I will reveal it in the One More Thing podcast Trek Fans, I'm gonna blow your minds. So we were talking about the brave woman fencer who conceded a match she withdrew because it was a dude fencing her in women's fencing, and they gave her the most serious sanction in the sport, the black card.
Speaker 2: But she's stood up.
Speaker 1: For women's sports in a wonderful way, and I hope rewards flow in her direction. Got a couple of emails on the topic because of a discussion yesterday, This one from Adam Please for the Love of A and G mentioned this take. I played high school football with a dude whose dream was to be the Star warsquarterback. Sophomore year. He was outmanned by the eventual Star quarterback. The dude was a great teammate and an outstanding backup quarterback. He went on to become one of the best soccer players in college women's soccer. This took place in the early two thousands. A dude, the lynchpin of dudes in women's sports is the pervert sexual abuse claims. Without that narrative, the left doesn't have a victim card to play, and we're right back to the moral hurdle we already we jumped already of girls joining the boys wrestling team. The dude I played football with didn't want VIP access to the girls locker room.
Speaker 2: He wanted to feel important.
Speaker 1: That level of selfishness is still wrong and shouldn't be disguised by assumptions that are easily made.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's interesting, I'd never really thought of that take. You're so into being good at your sport, Okay, I'll get into a different category then.
Speaker 2: And you combine that who knows how much or in what way.
Speaker 1: With auto ginophilia, you look it up if you don't know what it is, or legitimate gender dysphoria or whatever, because I mean, if you have a legit, like adult gender dysphoria, you're And this was like virtually every single case of transgenderism, an adult male who'd felt like a girl his entire life.
Speaker 2: Adolescent girls didn't exist.
Speaker 1: The idea that no, I want to be a boy, now, this is it's an invention of progressive neo Marxist anyway, mostly and anyway, it's a it's a mental disorder, and I feel rare, and.
Speaker 4: It's twenty percent of the student body, right. But yeah, even if you are that legit sort of case, the idea that you would dominate women in sports and think it was fine is ludicrous.
Speaker 2: And then this.
Speaker 1: Rich The California Assembly members said sports are inherently unfairsome men should be allowed in women's sport's hilarious. Every sport has a set of rules to help ensure fairness and safety.
Speaker 2: For example, it would be unfair and definitely unsafety have its seventeen year old boys play football against twelve year olds. That's why they have a twelve and under league. Also, wouldn't be fun to watch or play that game. I don't get what enjoyment these guys get out of playing girls sports. I don't either. I don't either dominating them It's pathetic.
Speaker 5: And now final faults with Armstrong and getting engage.
Speaker 2: There's your hos for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. Mike Climbs will lead us off just real quick.
Speaker 4: My wife just texts me that my Costco membership card has expired and glad you told me this.
Speaker 2: At the end of the show where I've been distracted.
Speaker 1: All morning, Katie Green ares theemed the Newswoman as a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 9: I am just really happy about the whole no phones in schools thing and also mortified at the fact that the students were trying to break into the things to get their phones out.
Speaker 2: It'd be quite an adjustment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bringing happiness and joy to them, right, I love it.
Speaker 2: I hate the alternative.
Speaker 4: Jack final thought, Yeah, I was thinking yesterday for me reason on that theme. I hope that somehow culturally staring at your phone becomes so uncool, like we decided so unhealthy and everything like that. It's like smoking cigarettes in an elevator or doing drugs or something like that, where it's just culturally uncool.
Speaker 2: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: I don't love our chances now, but I'm on your side. My final thought, I'm about to tweet a picture of myself in studio wearing a bald eagle head so good, putting my arm around Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Because why because Merca is Why because you got to make a living, and this is how you make a living.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Because Murica, Armstrong and Getdy wrapping up another grueling four hour work.
Speaker 1: There so many people to thanks, so a little time go to Armstrong and Getdy dot com. We have merch, we have swag, we have the email address, hot links mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh, a cornicopia of delights. See you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and get you. Our message is clear. Our beaf is beauty and their's is weak. Are you sure? Says yes, that's not what I was told? Wow, Oh, Congressman Well.
Speaker 4: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty asked the same question of their listeners, and here's their response.
Speaker 2: I've still wondered, did he know that she wasn't European.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. What's the woman grabs who buy your castanet? See you don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: Bye Bye, Armstrong and Getty.