Speaker 1: Hey, bet six ers, this is Willie one show. You're about to listen to an automated ad read after this call to action if you're on the Busting with the Boys audio channel.
Speaker 2: If you want to listen to four the Dads.
Speaker 1: Automated ad free, be sure to head over to the four the Dad's channel. And wherever you listen to us on audio, enjoy this episode of for the Dads. Listen to this one from Go Birds fifty two to fifty nine on Spotify. New segment idea for you boys, dumb shit kids get upset about? Oh first one, my four year old had a meltdown because we wouldn't buy, in his words, cleaning robot to clean the house for us from Costco.
Speaker 2: He's referring to a roomba. Oh yeah, no brainer, no brain, no brainer.
Speaker 1: On the the shit that kids break down about. Literally yesterday, Yeah, I asked Rue if she could go upstairs and get a band aid for Scotty. Scotty stepped on a screw the other day, but Rue like brought down something. I was like, hey, sweetheart, do you mind going up? Do you mind going up and grabbing another band aid for Scotti? And she just immediately shoulders drop, she drops to her knees in sadness, and I'm like, oh, dude, what are we doing? All you got to say is like no, I'd rather like dedic, can you go up and get it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And it just the whole way.
Speaker 1: As I'm just stomping up the stairs, just thinking, God, oh you win. Yeah I went got it, because once she dropped to her knees, I'm all right, dude, I'm just trying to.
Speaker 3: See if you'll or a tribe or a team here help Dada. Can you just help that? It looked like, look, I'll go get this is not that big of a deal. You don't have to break down over this. You simply say, like, you know, you can kindly try and say no.
Speaker 1: I will push you to try and go up there and get it, but you don't got to break that. They break these kids, man, They break down over the craziest stuff.
Speaker 3: If you want to see a real life interpretation of that wet, hot American summer, have you ever seen that?
Speaker 2: I havena you would think it's very funny. Have you seen that chef? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, the scene with Paul Rudd where they jess essentially he's a grown acidult in the movie too, and the head of the summer camp tells Paul Rudd's character, who's a counselor, hey, do you mind taking that tray to the like where we put the trays in the lunchroom, Like you can't just leave it out, And Paul Red's character just instantly throws it and throws his arms downd and just starts going.
Speaker 2: And he does. It's like a five minute scene of him acting like a four year old day.
Speaker 3: You will love it because you're like, yeah, yeah, that's it, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's what these kids do. That's what these toddlers do.
Speaker 1: But anyway, welcome to another episode of four The Dad's Papa Team six. As you know, I was just reading to comment, we are massive in our community of Papa Team six Milk Team six. See him in Team six goombrace everybody out there tuned in right now. If you are new to this show, We're happy you're here. We just basically embrace the love and suck a fatherhood. You can get a lot of marriage talk, you get a lot of parenthood talk.
Speaker 2: I am a girl dad myself.
Speaker 1: I have two little ones, a four year old rue who just heard four in April, a nineteen month old Scottie and my co host here Sherman Young. He is a father of one baby scar scar Scarlet, who turns one.
Speaker 2: On July third.
Speaker 1: Rhind of applause sound off in the chat Happy birthday, Scarlet. I'm gonna pepper him a questions, but again, welcome to another episode of four the Dads. Make sure you are subscribed. Make sure you're following on all of our channels Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube, We're on all of it. We're also on social media at for the Dad spot We are massive in engaging with our community of PT six and Papa Team six. So leave comments throughout the episode. Leave comments on our social channels if you want to be featured on the show. That is how you get featured on the show, because we read a palletha of comments crossing from social media all the way to the comments on our episodes.
Speaker 2: But this week I'm going to sure them.
Speaker 1: I am going to pepper you with questions about Scarlet turning one. Reflecting on the first year with scarscar me myself, I am itchin and right now it's Friday, June twenty sixth, by the way, anniversary it's your boys anniversary with Charro one shelf and.
Speaker 3: A round of applause because it is his anniversary. We got a little something for you though, oh for you to open because it is Charo and Will's anniversary today and we love our Willie one shelf.
Speaker 2: Best part, here's the card.
Speaker 1: Best part about me being married is having someone to split the pizza with, to binge watch the new season with, to laugh out loud with, to hug during the storm, to always lean on always. What's the best part about being married knowing that you'll always be sharing your life with your favorite person by your side. Happy anniversary, Signed by all the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love you, guys, Man and Charie. If you're listening, Happy anniversary, we are. She's listening now. That means she's listening to this podcast in the middle of our vacation. We are going on vacation. I said I was itching.
Speaker 1: It was June twenty six, on Friday tomorrow, on the twenty seventh, we're taking off Italy and Argentina.
Speaker 2: Man, come on, come on, we'll be buenoses.
Speaker 1: We'll be in northern Italy in Austria for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Full two weeks. That's sick.
Speaker 1: Actually just found out we weren't getting back until the eleventh, two days ago. I thought we were always getting back on July eighth. Yeah, here's the problem with that, Papa Team six. This is communication. How do we always mess this up? I'm telling Charlie, you always told me July eighth. She's like, I sent, we sent the itinerary over. You were all about the itinerary. I'm like, yeah, but I always still always thought it was July eighth. I didn't see the flights where it says July eleventh. The problem with that is on July eleventh, Connor McGregor fights in Vegas and my wife when we were getting to know each other, she asked me my bucket list. She asked me the bucket list question. And I'm in the middle of I'm in Washington, I'm in the middle I'm football will see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've never had like a bucket list. So she's kind of laughing at She's like, you don't have a bucket list, Like what are things you want to do? And I'm like, man, I don't know. She's like, do you want to go places? I'm like, I haven't really taught, like I don't really go on trips or nothing.
Speaker 3: Because again, win the Super Bowl, Yeah, win the Super Bowl, like be a pro bowler.
Speaker 2: Like, that's on my bucket list. You know what do you mean bucket list?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hundred tackles in a year, that's a bucket list item.
Speaker 2: Mean, fellas in the A Gap, don't don't you want to go somewhere? Oh? Yeah, the the NFL Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'd be sick to go down against the beach in Florida or something. She's like, what about other countries? And she's like laughing at me, And when I she was pressing me to think about it, I'm like, all right, what do I love? And I'm like, I grew up. I love free Willie. It'd be sick to swim with orcas in Norway, Oh it would be. And then I'm like, in this era I was, I loved Connor McGregor, Like it'd be sick to see Connor McGregor in Vegas. I had two items on my bucket list swim with whales, swimming the work of Whales, free Way, Connor McGregor, fight, come on, And those were the two. And so when she hit me with the eleventh and I'm like, Connor fights on the eleventh. How am I gonna get? Like, I'm not gonna be able to go now? And she's like, I mean, is that something you had to go to? And I'm like that that's that's you. You're not you created this monster, charl I didn't have a bucket, yeah, and I gave you two things. This is the bucket list. And now I'm hey, I was tight. It was one of those silent we drove to we were driving to get to get pizza at the time with the Kiddosy, She's gonna sat silently because there's a part of I gotta accept this, like nothing's gonna change, so so why create something bigger than it needs to be. I'm already here right now. Yeah, so let me just I'm more of an internalized like, just sit in it, just be silent. Yeah, but now I'm gonna try and make a play.
Speaker 3: You were You are quite literally explaining exactly where I was with first birthday party Baylor versus Aubury and Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yes kind of yeah. I don't want to fully put charrowing the wrong of we oh said no, no, there was nothing you're putting Jill fulling the wrong. But I'm feeling like there wasn't like I didn't buy, I didn't do the planning, I didn't buy the tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to where I'm.
Speaker 1: Setting, and she throws something on me, Hey, we need to be staying untill the eleventh because of X, Y and Z. Yeah, this was like very premature when we're talking about it. When can you be gone for busting with the boys, because again, very intentional about trying to plan, prioritize, let's get away, Let's do vacation with your family, Let's just get out because we've been doing just a lot of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was.
Speaker 1: Just always either June twenty sixth to July eighth or June twenty seventh to July ninth. When I look at the calendar, I'm like, it's gonna be our anniversary on the twenty sixth, It's gonna be a Friday. Let's just go on Friday because then we can get back a day sooner because I'm thinking about the work weeks and everything else. So when I found out it was the eleventh, dude, because she hit me with something, this is this would be like person, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it yet, but she's like, hey, I'm able to do X, Y and Z on Monday when we get back. And I'm like, Monday, when we get back, I was like, we don't get back into Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I'm like, when are we getting back? Thinking we're gonna get back the weekend before July eighth, and she's like, oh, we get back on July eleventh.
Speaker 1: And I like sat up out of my chair and like looked over at her because over in the passenger seat, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, July eleventh, She's like, yeah, what's going on? I was like, what do you mean? What's going on?
Speaker 1: McGregor fights, And obviously perspective, there's way more situations to be there and be like, I'm gonna be stuck in Austria and Italy.
Speaker 2: I can't see McGregor fight.
Speaker 1: But I'm thinking, you know, you know, the seats we get at these UFC fights, we're like up there feeling everything, feeling the sweat, tasting the salt, bro feeling the blows and the McGregor being away for five years walking.
Speaker 2: Inted that arena. Oh, it's gonna be pandemonium against Max all Away. It's gonna to be a movie. It's also it's.
Speaker 3: The I would love to know how women feel when they're talking to us men. And I'm just gonna take Jill Jill's stance on this. Yeah, and Charo probably feels similarly of Jill saying there taught me. Katie said this to this And did you know Chelsea and Brad they're pregnant and da dah dah and oh and we can't make that birthday party. Da da da And I'm just sitting there driving on Oh, yeah, oh they're pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that reminds me of life that mister Incredibles or the Incredibles and mister Credibles. Yeah, he's just on auto pilot work. He was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're just you're just kind of going, oh, I can't believe Katie said that to Chelsea. That's crazy blah blah blah and yeah, and then I and the eleventh is wide open, So I booked us for a boat.
Speaker 2: Wait, honey, what you just said the eleventh? What what about the eleventh?
Speaker 3: Oh, I booked us a reservation for blah blah blah. That's when McGregor fids, like, that's the that's their Fray turns on the Huskers kick.
Speaker 2: Off at that time. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: As she just said that, like your best couple of friends are pregnant and you show like very little excit for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of years a couple of years ago, when Huskers played Illinois on.
Speaker 1: My birthday, Charlie can put it up together birthday dinner. And I'm like, as long as we can watch the Huskers, yeah, I don't care what you put together, but they play on. I want to say it was a Friday night game. Yeah, they play Friday night lights.
Speaker 2: All my brother.
Speaker 1: As long as I'm watching the Huskers, sure, I'll go out to eat dinner. We can invite friends, but as long as we can we can watch the Husk I'll get my toes. I'll get my toes done, honey, I don't care. As long as there's a TV. Yeah, the huskars on it. I forget where the restaurant is. It's over in Germantown, awesome restaurant. And we walk in and there ain't no TVs. And right we walk into the room where we we got my dinner set up. I was like, sweet, how were we gonna watch the Husker Nebraska game, and she's like, well, I talked to the rustaurant. They said they have a TV and they're like, oh, yeah, we got your TV.
Speaker 2: It's a roller TV that they bring into the room and they like kind of can't get the channels going at first. Yeah, and I'm like, what are we doing? I'm just gonna have to sit here on my phone, like and.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows, like, guys, I am so grateful that you're here from our birthday, but you all know I love Nebraska. Like, I've got to watch this game, hey, waiter.
Speaker 2: Wa yesterday, did you decide on those specials? Nah? I can't get the TV. It won't go esb it.
Speaker 1: Everybody else is mingling and I'm just watching on my phone. The Huskers play Illinois. We lost in Otah, Yeah, and it was brutal.
Speaker 2: Y'all were up early too. I remember that we missed one in the end zone.
Speaker 1: Two game winning drive to where we even had a game winning field goal not a harborin like a thirty yard and we shanked it.
Speaker 2: You did they score OT?
Speaker 1: We start off with the series and OT or then we get the ball in OT We'll start off with the penalty yep, then a false start, we get sacked. You know, I want it off myself. But yeah, yeah, that's neither. It was my birthday, hey, but it was a good birthday party.
Speaker 2: It was a good birthday dinner. Thanks Sonny. I didn't talk to nobody, Dude, I love.
Speaker 3: That so much. That is such guy energy. Forget. I'm making a play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, what is the play for the eleventh we Land?
Speaker 1: I texted my wife yesterday. I'm talking with Clump, I'm talking with Taylor, and I'm like, sweetart. When do we land on the eleventh we land at six pm?
Speaker 2: Oh? The fight won't be till late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you buy two hours going to Vegas and you land four pm Vegas side getting a play, brother, you Gucci getting a plant.
Speaker 2: It's gonna leave at seven. Should probably land at like eight thirty or me, I should land at eight thirty or nine local time.
Speaker 1: Fights. I might miss a couple of fights, like on the main card. Yeah, but as long as I'm in their seated for that McGregor fight main event, because it'll probably that fight local time will probably happen around ten thirty minue time, because usually like eleven thirty midnight here I'm making that fight and then Taylor their due date is July fifteenth. Oh god, So he's kind of like on the call while he's out there. But after we see the fight, then we're getting to the airport. We're flying back right away, same night.
Speaker 3: Dude, there's so much going on kid wise in this office that completely goes.
Speaker 2: Wow on me. Yeah, Clump, clump. The clumps are due around the same time the clumps are due.
Speaker 3: It's looking like Scarlett might have a birthday twin, like a very good chance.
Speaker 2: They're saying the third or fourth will be the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clumps are doing July early July. Lawans are doing July scarlets turning one.
Speaker 3: Scarlett's turning one. I had a great APR from my mom.
Speaker 2: Oh, my wife. My mom.
Speaker 3: Got a nice little text after last week's episode. Y'all remember me saying, Hey, my best friend just had a daughter born the day before my birthday. Get a nice little text from my mom, goes, y'all are birthday twins. Remember it was a huge deal. She was born on your birthday, not the day before.
Speaker 2: Well there you go, APR, you got a birthday twin.
Speaker 3: That was the craziest dad brain of all time. I just was like, yeah, she was born like I don't know, a day before me. She's born on my birthday. She's my birthday twin. Who's the birthday twin Brian's daughter, Lucy I was talking about on last week's episode. Okay, so that's just a simple APR, simple APR, simple APR. Yes, Yeah, I haven't had many recently. The dad Brain's starting to show up a little bit more on my end.
Speaker 2: You gotta get to some of them. No free shout out, of free shout outs, no free shots. If they create doesn't get it by now, they ain't ever gonna get it. You forgot that.
Speaker 5: You sent me the picture for Father's Day and he sent me like three different iterations of a picture with his dad for Father's Day.
Speaker 2: Dad brain will bad. I sent it to him like a week before then.
Speaker 3: He followed up in the group text and was like, everybody send me pictures. I was like, oh my god, I haven't done that yet.
Speaker 1: Send him three more pictures, dude. I got Charles send me a voice note this morning. As far as like taking advantage of dad brain, because I do feel like wives, I do feel like wives and girlfriends. I feel like you guys do do this that the male brain is obviously fleeting. Dad brain is real. My wife, she sends me a little voice out this morning.
Speaker 2: Like she starts it off with like, deep breath, sweetheart, she said, deep breath. She said deep breath. Oh no, she's trying to temper it for me.
Speaker 1: She's like when my computer is in the office and it's open and it's plugged in, yeah, you can't unplug it. Oh no, it also not closed the laptop. And I'm thinking, what is she talking about? And I'm like, I've just put Sweetheart, I love you. I didn't touch your computer when I went in there last night. I just opened up the box because I got you a gift for our anniversary, because a little picnic basket. By the way, Year five is wood. The theme is wood. So I got her a picnic basket that says Compton Family on it because she loves picnics. Do good gift, freaky gift. But all I did going in there was get the gift out of the box. I was like, I didn't touch anything, and she's like, I guess it'll be a mystery. Then she's like, I was like, could you have rushed out of there when you were on your sales call and accidentally done something. She's like, I just got up from my computer to go make dinner, is it Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, why didn't touch it.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, I guess it'll be a mystery then, but I know she thinks I did it.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I thought there's gonna be some kind of circle back that it was you. It's I feel and now I feel terrible because I was signing with charro on yeah, we we do shit like that, But you're saying we do do shit like that, to the point that if we didn't do that ship they could still say, hey, you did it.
Speaker 2: And they say to you enough that you won't you start to question your own you can tell yourself. I was believing her. I just wrote me that believes her, and I know I didn't. Yeah. I thought.
Speaker 3: I truly thought you were about to be like and then I realized, oh, after I opened the pic Nick thing, I did do it.
Speaker 2: No, that's how they get us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then they beat you down with not like beat you, but the pepper and enough to where you're like, maybe it was me, maybe, and maybe you know that it wasn't you.
Speaker 2: At all, but you just come around and take an accountability for it, because like this is worth it, he worth what's about to happen, and I won't do it again.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't even feel like you're like taking a bullet to like protect the president. It ultimately kind of feels like you're just humbling yourself. Yeah, just going you know what, I strip it off?
Speaker 2: You're right, Yeah, I know I didn't do it. Possibly, maybe I guess I did. I don't know. Yeah, because the dad bring fails us, gentlemen, and it's starting to hit me more and more and more. Yeah, Oh my good. Oh I am getting really good sleep. Though.
Speaker 3: If we want to touch back very quickly on the early to bed, early to rise quote that I.
Speaker 2: The other way, get in good sleep, brother, this going to bed early stuff.
Speaker 3: My parents were right. They were right the whole time. This go to bed early, that's all I have to say. Get in bed early, pass out early. I woke up to no alarm clocks this morning at like five forty five ish, like, whoo, let's go. Did I have to go hit the coffee?
Speaker 2: What time you going to bed? Oh, dude? Last night like eight forty five?
Speaker 3: What Yeah, it's like a yearned for that. It was so badass of how I just I locked in. I put my audio book on while Jill was doing tucking.
Speaker 2: I put my Game of Thrones audiobook on. I'm doing the dishes.
Speaker 3: I'm getting the bottles ready for tomorrow for daycare, which, by the way, Scarlett's transitioning to whole milk.
Speaker 2: We can talk about that.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, talk about that later. But I'm getting everything done. Okay, dishes are done. That's been a big thing.
Speaker 1: By the way that you tell you you're you're not You're not feeling it because it's natural to you. That's a subtle dad hack. Well, mama's up here in bedtime. You're getting your prepping. You're you're recapping the day by doing the dishes and cleaning off stuff. You're prepping for the next day. Ass, you're getting ahead.
Speaker 2: I feed that.
Speaker 1: So your ass is in lazy sitting on the couch watching TV and Mama comes down.
Speaker 2: You didn't clean the bottle. You didn't do it. Why do you do that?
Speaker 1: Or they don't say nothing, Yeah, here's the hall of fame. Here's a Hall of fame play that. They usually go ahead, they say nothing. They just get louder when they're doing all their things around the house, like in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dishwasher. Usually when it runs, it's like and then for some reason that day you just hear the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Stopping around the house, and God forbid you mess up Dad's by saying, oh, don't say it by just simply saying like, hey, sweet, are we going to start the show?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you were gonna go with the Hey, honey, you need any help in there? Oh yeah, maybe I do that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's even worse you say, hey, when we're going to get this show going, Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I gotta do I gotta do all of this stuff around the house. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta clean the dishes. I gotta put the kid down. I gotta get the backpack ready for tomorrow. I gotta clean off the counters because you know, I don't like clutter. I got to pick up the shoes.
Speaker 2: I gotta do. They're saying everything where you're just sitting there like, oh fuck, they're coming at my ass right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is something that I did or did not do. This is my fault.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, Yeah, you're getting the very passive aggressive lecture in real time.
Speaker 3: Honey, the House of the Dragon season premiere comes out at eight, I don't know what they tell you?
Speaker 2: Yes, what did you say? How to Train Your Dragon comes back?
Speaker 3: That was really funny. I told Jill. I was like, are you excited? She was like excite for Why.
Speaker 2: I do that? Whenever there's like a new show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coming to get Jill in the mood to watch it, I was like, season premiere, How to Train Your Dragon?
Speaker 2: And she was like.
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: And I was like, the new season and she was like, I didn't know they were doing a show on that. It was like doing a show we've watched the first two seasons together. What are you talking about? Finally the wires got connected. I figured out my mistake. It was not the season premiere of How to Train Your Dragon? House the Dragon, good show, good short tone center.
Speaker 1: If you'm a Thrones fan, House the Dragon starts off with a bang, I'm a big sheep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is it? Man? I can't consume enough of that. Oh of that content? I love it? And where was I going with all this? Was there? That House the Dragon world?
Speaker 1: Even the guy would almost be like, oh yeah, I just house the Dragon starts at eight, so I just figured we'd watch Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I figured we watch How the Dragon at eight, Like, let me help you, I've already done it all.
Speaker 3: No, no, well, I guess this blanket's already kind of warm because I've been laying here for a minute.
Speaker 2: So come on in. The only the only.
Speaker 1: Saving hate Hail Mary you can make is just getting them a glass of ice water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or make it a little bag of popcorn for Jilly Bean.
Speaker 3: That's always a if she's kind of, you know, not feeling the movie night or whatever. You get a little bag of popcorn going. You get some M and m's and sprinkle it into the popcorn for Yeah, game over.
Speaker 1: We're just run of the closet, grab the vacuum and just turn it on and start going.
Speaker 3: Yes, the mop and the vacuum are a cheat code, dude, those are, but that would almost be with some comedic relief.
Speaker 1: Yes, in this in this scenario that we're talking about his mom's already wife, he's already upset.
Speaker 2: And you're really doing it with the mop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're really I've already done Oh no, no, no, no, there's gotta be something else we can do and then you just start weirdly like running in place, just kind of run the house looking for things.
Speaker 2: So well you mom, yeah, you mom, let's go get the back and get the back. You just start doing it. Well, all you gotta do is give him a crack a smile. Then you stop turn off. I got you. I'm sorry, I fucked that up. I'll do better. I am sorry. The House of the Dragon. Yeah, can we were?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, it does work.
Speaker 2: It does work. Yeah, And truthfully, like.
Speaker 1: As long as you keep your poise in the pocket, you have to because right there is a domino effect of now we're just both getting kind of pissed off at each other.
Speaker 3: Yes, because I can apologize profusely, which will then lead to Jill being like, well, this is the same old story that I've heard thirty million times. Yeah, of Sherman apologizing saying I'm going to do a better job.
Speaker 2: And if they hit you with the trigger, uh, the trigger word of always you always say you always say this, you always do that. It's always me doing it. That's my trigger. The always is my trigger work.
Speaker 3: Guess why I don't always spread to the vacuum closet, whip out the vacuum.
Speaker 2: It just start going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'll switch it up for us. But truly, that's what Jill was when we were whisper arguing of like prioritizing things around the house so Jill doesn't have to prioritize him, so Jill has more time to do stuff that Jill likes to do instead.
Speaker 2: Of prep the house.
Speaker 3: And so I was like, I love audio books. I love walking in for that kind of stuff. I'm down there by myself anyways, and so I've been doing the audiobooks while I do the dishes, clean up scarlets, stuff, prep for all the day.
Speaker 2: Like you're saying a dad.
Speaker 3: Hack, ye, but it's honestly a dad hack from the standpoint of then it's like what else do I do? I was getting into the bed while Jill was technically still upstairs tucking in Scarlet, so I may have even been in bed like around.
Speaker 2: Eight to fifteen. I know, good for you, man, dude, it was kind of sick. I have a big weekend ahead of me.
Speaker 3: Big week yeah, big weekend of like getting ready for this Florida trip, dude, getting ready for Scarlett's birthday trip.
Speaker 2: When is the trip? Uh?
Speaker 3: We leave on the second, which correct me if I'm wrong, Deeck, Is that Thursday next week?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, yeah, we.
Speaker 7: Leave on.
Speaker 3: Actually we leave Wednesday. We leave Wednesday evening. Wednesday would be the first because you're you're.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hit him with the drive hack.
Speaker 3: Gonna hit him with the drive hack late at night. We're gonna get yet to purchase the turtleshell. That's also on my to do list. Gotta get the yard mode. Who's gonna watch the dogs? Who's gonna do it? Intern? Chris got inter hired? Intern Chris, He's going to house it slash watch the dog?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: Yes, he said, I have some free coming in town because he's gonna be my birthday. We guys said, Chris, are they good people? He goes, they're real good people. They're real nice. I go, they're staying in my house with you, Chris. They don't need to all cram into your little Verbot thing that you're living in.
Speaker 2: They can come over.
Speaker 3: Is there concerns that he's twenty one now? After the Sunday I kind of want the kid that he needs to let loose. He needs to have a little fun.
Speaker 2: It's just her.
Speaker 3: Jills on board. Jills on board. I gave him the pool pass for our community pool. I say, y'all go to the pool. You have do happy birthday, Happy twenty three.
Speaker 2: Nice move.
Speaker 3: Just make sure you walk the dogs every morning and every evening. And I'm a happy man. And if there's holes in the drywall, I do somewhat know how to fix that.
Speaker 2: No, no, you can't even give boundary.
Speaker 1: You can't give a loose boundary of I didn't say that part say buddy, the place better be spotless.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that part out loud.
Speaker 3: That's the part in the back of my head that I'm like, worst comes to worst and there's some hole in the drywall, I can take care of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I gave him the you know you gotta be stern.
Speaker 3: Hey, every room, dude is free reign, no nursery, no master bedroom, and we're good.
Speaker 2: You let him bring gals to the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Hey, Chrit, Hey, Chris needs.
Speaker 2: A left loose man. I don't. I don't I agree with you there. It's his birthday weekend. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you there. But I'm saying, like, would that would be gone? Like I wouldn't give him the keys of the house and be like, this is your airbnb for the weekend. Just make sure it's clean. When it's back, you can have the chicken whatever you guys do. You can do whatever in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it ain't going down like that.
Speaker 3: If Matt Malone is watching my house, it ain't going down like that.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? Se? Does that make sense? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And that's nothing against Matt Malone. Like I love Matt Malone. It's against there'd be more parameters. But when you just you know, you don't think he's gonna wait in them with you don't think Chris is gonna lay in it.
Speaker 2: Chris is making that I want Chris have fun. I hear what you're saying. Hey, I hear what you're saying. Because got his boys. Or they're gonna play board games. They're gonna play some board games. Maybe it's a video game. Oh my god, they're gonna be respectful.
Speaker 3: Sure, Okay, if I plug in your Xbox one for you into the TV, yeah ahead, that's no call. Hey, I know you said people coming over was like good? Is it like good? If it's like forty or fifty people, do is that Matt that's called the party. That's a little different than how many friends is he having in town? Chris too, okay, they're aggies.
Speaker 7: If there's any school, they're like, okay, I can live with this. If they go to Texas A and M I feel like the student body there, I'd be like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Chris is a good boy. He's a good boy. He's a good boy. Blake, now just Blake. Oh Blake is aware? Is Blake? Blake? I don't want Yeah, Blake's I don't. You need to have Blake keep an eye. I need to.
Speaker 3: I might need to have Blake mess around with them alone. Yeah, mess around, yeah, Sherman. Sherman told me to come pop my head and kind of, you know, check.
Speaker 2: Around the house.
Speaker 5: Blake should put packages on your front door for Blake's house and see if Chris brings them up.
Speaker 2: That would actually be funny.
Speaker 3: Just force his hand in like doing interactions with Tell Blake to come over and like leave the backyard gate open so the dogs get Yeah, well, Chris, what are you doing? Sherman asked you to watch his dogs. They're out running around everywhere. I found him though, good thing I was here of Blake stealed the dogs, and yo.
Speaker 1: That would be funny, that would be funny, have him take the dogs.
Speaker 3: He just finished his fence. He hand built his fence. Y'all his backyard fence. I'll get some pictures for you. You need a Yeah, your dogs need to be in his yard, his backyard, and Chris has got to have the stones to, you know, get the dogs back and then you want to see if Chris tells you about it, mister Blake, Sir, I believe Sherman's dogs are in your backyard.
Speaker 2: Watch them. Oh my god, that's a good impression of them. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good impression of them. How long are you guys staying in Florida?
Speaker 2: A week? A week? That's gonna be awesome. Yeah, second to the ninth, dude, I'm really excited. I know. I can't wait for the vacation either. The travel there is going to be a grind.
Speaker 1: Like we fly to Chicago first, and it's from Chicago to Munich and then it's transportation for two and a half hours, so we're gonna be traveling a while. That'll be a grind. It is what it is. Those are the ones you're just gonna have to accept and embrace the suck. But being there, dude, it's going to be phenomenal. Each spot we're at has some childcare services with it. Oh, there's just gonna be the family.
Speaker 3: It's just gonna be us for ripping, like the hotels that you're the hotels that dude, that's sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm so excited. Everybody keeps talking about the Dolmites.
Speaker 2: What is I don't know, Austria is range the mountains.
Speaker 7: Like sound of music that I've told Will about time, dude, got to see sound of music rips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what people say that. But I'm fired. It's gonna be so nice.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be really nice having childcare there too, dude, that y'all can sneak off and go do like anniversary style like things of dinners and no pressure of watching the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when it's just when it's just the fam, Yeah, when it's just you guys, your tribe on vacation, like, it's still chaotic.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you do. You're just you're juggling so many things and you have no help. Yeah, So there.
Speaker 1: Is a sucky part of going on vacation with the fam. Those moments that do make like the vacation itself and makes it all worth it. Yeah, but yeah, no one, we're gonna have some childcare. Is going to be a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's gonna be nice. Get to go be a couple. Yeah, that's a good feeling. I know that that is probably built in with like our vacation to Florida. Like I'm sure that Papa Sherman and miss Amy are gonna, you know, not gonna to pay you guys, go do whatever one of the nights.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to that, like, yeah, man, that's gonna be that's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 3: And just during the day too, I have another video I need to send a chef. Scarlett is ripping on her walker. Dude, those you know those stand up walkers. Yeah, yeah, fast like like out of control, fast like doesn't have control.
Speaker 2: Yes, go and makes you a little nervous. Makes me really nervous.
Speaker 3: But she's staying vertical somehow, and I'm like, okay, like I'm a proud dad, but I'm also.
Speaker 2: Kind of filming.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh shit, she bang it up against the wall. Yeah, turned around with one.
Speaker 2: Then you're questioning yourself for filming it.
Speaker 1: It's like the video I had of Scottie like walking or like taking a couple of steps, and remember she like toppled over and hit that on the floor and I was like, oh, yeah, you just hear crying before the video stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean truly, I'm starting to now know what that feels like, because because.
Speaker 1: There's no graceful way for the for like a one year old when they start walking, there's no graceful way for them to fall whatsoever at all. It's just from the top top down.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you hope it's on the butt. Yeah, Like I used to kind of be nervous when it was the butt. Now I pray for her to fall on her butt.
Speaker 1: But fall on her butt to where they're leaning forward, yes, because they hitting there like this, she's like, oh God, then the back of her head.
Speaker 3: And you you just explained the biggest wipeout to date. She's on the walker doing that uncontrollable speed thing where she truly just goes, I'm gonna go until I hit something. That's how I stop. And she hits the thing. She does this, falls on her butt and holds onto walker. Oh and flies back so head goes and I want to go back. Oh brother falls back and like that held onto walker. So Walker literally then goes goom on her face.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Like before she even started crying, and I was like, oh, here we this is about to be the worst cry.
Speaker 2: Poor little thing, dude, she just starts losing.
Speaker 3: I put her right into mom's arms because she wants mom when it starts hurting, and it was actually very cute and sweet. I then laid there and was watching like Aladdin or some Disney yeah, and I was horizontal, laying on my back and I had her on my chest, sitting on her butt, and she had her passing in and she had tears coming down and she had stopped like the crying crying. Yeah, but she saw the tears go down and was going And I just kept on looking at Jill and going, we have to put her back on that walker in the next ten minutes. I don't want her scared of that thing. We gotta put her back on it. I don't want her scared. And we didn't even have to put her back on the walker. She wanted more. She was making noises reaching for it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, get back at gamer.
Speaker 3: We got a gamer put her back on the walker. Didn't it change the strategy up at all? As fast as I can go until I hit something. So I kind of liked the bravery that's been amayed by Scarlett. I can work with Bray. Yeah, I can work with Bray toughness, toughness.
Speaker 1: We got vacations coming up. Scar Scars turn in one. We opened the episode with the temper tantrums, the dumb shit kids get upset about I'm fully bought into Gobirt's fifty two to fifty nine. I feel like Rue gets upset about damn near everything everything. No, it's I want to do the seat belt, sweetheart. I'm just helping you, like, I'm just trying to get your arm. And then she's like, I wanted to do it. Well, the seat belt's kind of like sitting over. I wanted to do it. And I'm like, oh uh, do you do you want to finish it? You can still click all the buttons, and she's like, well, I wanted to do it, and then she starts like crying or getting sad, and I'm like, god, you know.
Speaker 2: Let's take it all off. Let's get out of the car. Do you do it all, you do it all. I was just about to say that was going to be my solf.
Speaker 3: Get some impossible task and put reroot down and say reddo it.
Speaker 2: No, do it, you want to do it. You're big girl, you big girls.
Speaker 3: Just get her a big old axe in some wood and say hey, we're splitting wood and dad is going to do all of it. I'm splitting all this would you don't get to touch the axe at all? Real, No, but they want to do it. But then when she can't do it, get upset that she can't do it, and she doesn't ask Dad have.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: Then No, I'm just saying, like for all the parents that have the four year old that go birds here is talking about.
Speaker 2: There ain't no gold birds. There ain't no angle. Damn. Just like talking through it. You lose either way. Because we get to the point, like tron I get to, we're getting to the spots where we're just like, hey, we're not going to answer you if you're whining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not going to answer you. In your wine voice. You can use a strong voice, you can use confident voice. Whenever you calm down and can breathe and know this is Honestly, this is not a big fucking deal. Yeah, And when you touch it on the arm and talk to us, we'll listen to you. But while you're whining, you're not gonna hear from me. Yeah, because I'm sick of it, sick of dealing with it. Now that I think about it, I can't even hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really can't even hear it when you start talking like that.
Speaker 3: I fully support that because Scarlett is starting to do that too with the separation anxiety. Whenever we put her down, dude and start doing stuff around the house, it's just instantly, oh.
Speaker 2: Of like come pick me up, like what are you doing? Then you ask parents, you start to question do we hold and do all this stuff way too much?
Speaker 3: And I've taken this staunch approach of I know she can't really understand me at eleven in some odd months, but I'm like, Scarlet, no, no, no whining, no whining. You cant play by yourself. You can play by yourself. And she'll start crawing to me like still crying. You'll walk away from her and I get a toy and I put it. Yes, I walk away. I get a toy and I give it to her. I go, you, you know how to play on your own?
Speaker 2: You got this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you big girl, Go and resituate and put the toy in front of me. Yeah you can play, you big girl.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: Like I and Jill and I have been joking, I'm not putting Jill on blasts like Jill was on her mom Sherman's way better at that than me, because Jill's the one that wants to go pick her up and it's okay, yep, And I'm like, honey, you can't you know, every now and then, yeah, like if she's really really sad and we haven't been holding her, amen, go pick her up. But like if we've been holding her all day and we're just taking ten minutes to make dinner, I think she's gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is she How close is she to walking? She's getting close. From the standpoint of on the walker, it was like we're kind of figuring it out. We're figuring it out now.
Speaker 3: It's like who down hallways, like going long ranges with that, and then she's independently standing up now of like independent of furniture. But once she gets up, she has no idea what to do she just instantly pops down.
Speaker 1: You you have, I think, right, like maybe I got this from you. You have the little seat that sits on the island.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, to where.
Speaker 1: It's like when you're making dinner doing stuff around the kitchen, you have them propped up to where they're they're like, yeah, you can keep themselves busy. Yeah, because then you'll get to where you can get them their little side stool or whatever where they can kind of stand at the island with you. But you're probably you're probably a couple of months from that because you want them to because it's like there's also the one that we have is there's like an opening in the back so if she wasn't you know, you didn't trust her enough, she.
Speaker 2: Could like fall and go out the backside. Yeah. Yeah, because you can like take this uh was it there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Their stool, I forget exactly the name of it, but you can fold it into a table too, so if they sit down at the little table or you can prop it up.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I have seen that in y'all's kitchen before. Yeah, yeah, to.
Speaker 1: Where you'll just sit them there and they're like in the they're like doing stuff, whether you give them something to do, yes, or a little snack whatever to keep them occupied. Yeah, but once you get strong enough to do, you'll be able to get one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because she's at the point where she can, I can confidently put her down in the living room and know that she's not gonna hurt herself from falling.
Speaker 2: She's gonna crawl to a piece of furniture.
Speaker 3: She's going to prop herself up on it and stand turned her body out with like one hand on the furniture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to like wave hide did dad? Dad? Of course? Of course?
Speaker 3: Watch blue We love Bluie And what a bozo move I did week three on this show. I don't like the show Bluey, and you can run the clip. I'm such an idiot, dude. Bluey is one of the best shows of all time.
Speaker 2: Dad, Brain, I don't even remember you saying that.
Speaker 3: It's like one of our initial quote graphics that did numbies, because everybody was in the comments like this Sherman guy's an idiot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an idiot remark. It was an idiot remark. Blue's a great show, one of the better ones.
Speaker 3: Out there, one of like a top three, and we've been ripping bluey. But she's at a point where I can calmly, she can operate in the living room. But the solo walking, we're I mean, we're probably you know, what would it be like three months away from that, two months away from that of unless she keeps on my diving headfirst into it. The people at the daycare are like, she is so confidently like moving around without us that we're honestly wanting to kind of move her up into the older class. We just have to get her on whole milk in off of formula in order to do that, because she's still two naps a day and formula. And they said she needs to be fully whole milk, no bottles, and one nap a day before we move her up. And so that's Jilla and I's.
Speaker 2: Like new project challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you start, when you start introducing whole milk, you'll mix it with some of the formula, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, start going a little bit at a time, yep. And that's exactly what we're doing right now. Six ounces of formula, one ounce.
Speaker 3: Of whole mil Yeah, and she doesn't she's none the wiser.
Speaker 2: She's deleting her bottles. Yeah, she'll love that whole milk. Yeah, we'll get We'll get her onto it. I did. I had a follow up that I did want to read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see some comments, because there were some comments from our episode with the dads that we didn't follow up until just now.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 3: I just made eye contact with senor Chef Chef. There were it was pretty much just John and Jack Hanning comments on last week's episode. People love, what a great episode. Chef and his dad sound so much alike.
Speaker 2: What was the man?
Speaker 1: There was one comment we might even said it last week, but there was one comment to where it's like.
Speaker 2: The Helium one. No, it's the one where your dad's better at being you.
Speaker 3: Oh, Papa Chef is better than Chef trying to do a chef impersonation.
Speaker 7: I didn't see that. Ye, yeah, it's pretty spot on. Yeah, I'm gonna for the viewers. I'll throw in a little picture just the show that's been like this since I was a little kid. That comment. It's kind of funny like reading all those because I've heard that since I was four years old. And I'll throw in a picture of me and my dad and my little brother really young, and you'll see that. It's just been like this since I was a little kid, So this is nothing.
Speaker 2: How has it been with you and your brother? Brother got to the family event and there were some words said on the pod, there were some there were some words said.
Speaker 7: He texted me when the pod came out and he said, he sent me a picture of Connor McGregor, uh with when he threw the chair at Aldo's bus and he just said, I'm going to kill you. But he's Actually he came home last night, but for circumstances I can't talk about in the pod for someone that a funeral, So no blood has been drawn yet, but I'm sure I'm just waiting for him to bow up to me.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I text Cheff for the weekend. I said, ask your brother. I said, how big a boy are you?
Speaker 3: Somebody picked up the uh there was a comment that said love it when Willie c h references roy D Mercer, which that was roy D Mercer was something we bonded over right when I first.
Speaker 1: See Yeah, I mean you're you're you're from that era, you're in that era, or you're a roy D Mercer sickle.
Speaker 2: There's no I think I know who roy D Mercer is. You either know him or you don't.
Speaker 3: I got a pine wood stained box full of ass whooping that Outn't mind opening on you. Also Chip with one of my favorite quotes of all time, and I'm was so sad that it happened off the pod when the printer was giving deep fits and uh deeke sad. Chipper looking at me so serious, was not looking for a laugh and just goes a lot of his mom coming out right now, a lot of his mom coming out right now, and like, you can't pay a man to like come up with.
Speaker 2: Something that good on the sea, come off with it on the spot. He's just saying that for thirty that's a that's a big dad ism, that's a wholster.
Speaker 5: Like if he's a Pokemon trainer with six starters, that's number two.
Speaker 1: Well, my dad would email with coach Dobson and Nebraska my strength coach.
Speaker 2: He would email with him. Incredible, dude.
Speaker 1: My dad would like check in like, hey, you don't get him going enough, just start throwing empties at him.
Speaker 2: That'll get his ass going.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, dude, does he still have that email address? Because you have to find that email check back, so throwing empties at it.
Speaker 1: Or like when I have surgery on my had I broke my foot. I had surgery on my ankle in Nebraska. And then when they would just catch up, he'd be like, he's got his mom's feet.
Speaker 3: Brother, start throwing empties at him. Oh my god, dude. I'll read another comment and that was, hey, something about your dad, Lucas Meyer.
Speaker 2: This was something that Chipper also brought up.
Speaker 3: F y Schwanz in German means eggplant emoji and pronounced schawns, I believe in German. The whole segment had me dying laughing for the Dad's replied, damn. They really had us running around saying we can't wait for the eggplant man, the schwan's man.
Speaker 2: Funs. Yeah, it's the Swans. I got a couple here.
Speaker 1: This is from Polo Magno twenty three on YouTube. Again, if you were listening and watching right now, leave comments, drop some comments, please come on Opa, Willy sees donut, Willy sees donut. Now this lock in and I got another one here.
Speaker 2: A matter of fact, we got a double from gobirds five two five nine on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Another one from gobirds he's been beat you twice now on this one. That's gotta be your grandparents who struggle with watching grandkids blow my mind, Like, bro, you did this ship for eighteen years.
Speaker 2: How am I better at it than you? And I could not, like agree moor to Willie's burner. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I looked at my mom when Scarlett first came home from the hospitality were maried. They stuck around for a little bit and she asked me one of those types of questions that I legitimately looked at her, and all I wanted to say in that moment is shouldn't you be telling me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I just met this thing two weeks ago. Yeah, and now it's been decades. Yeah, so you can be forgetful, but there's it's like you can't even find the instinct in them. Yeah for the kind of the right answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only thing that I have that I try and come to grips with perspective wise, Yeah, what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's just that the era of fatherhood was different back in the day. It was like I can tell it was I can tell my dad never changed my diaper. I can tell my dad never really did a whole lot of the baby stuff. Yeah, toddler stuff.
Speaker 5: You can't convince me Johnny and Nitis could teach Patrick Mahomes a thing about football. But we know Johnny Unitis was good at football. And that's kind of where my head's at with our dads. Yeah, the great And that's a really good one. That's because, like I know, if my mom was here, she would crush it.
Speaker 1: I think so, Like I believe I've seen her around even other kids as I've gotten older, Like she would crush it.
Speaker 2: And I can just tell she was like the mom and the dad. Yeah, dad just worked. It's like putting putting put food on the table, but it was just a pudding food. It's we're in a different era.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I'm gonna try and find this, but how much involved dads now are in this generation is massive percentage more a big margin more than dad's were back in the old era.
Speaker 3: Well, and a lot of a lot more women working as well, full time, which I feel like has a lot to do with it. Like your marriage, you and Charro both working, Yes, my marriage both working full time. Your fiance and yourself both working full time. You and your girlfriend both working full time like it's it's a different world.
Speaker 2: Roll through the mold got a job and said you're gonna do this with me? Yeah? Yeah, somebody said, somebody put their hands up.
Speaker 1: This, somebody let them work. Just joking, it's a bt bit. That's a bt bit, that's a that's just dad's in the garage. Milk knowing we fall short and just saying easy low hanging through Joe hanging for that was immature.
Speaker 3: Milk Teams, we love you, and mill Team six we love the paychecks too.
Speaker 6: I will.
Speaker 3: I'll raise my hand and say it. Love double salaries, Love double salaries. Yeah, duel income with kids. We were duel income with no kids, ink a dink, But now duel income with kids.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. There was something else I was going to say, though.
Speaker 1: You want to say something about my dad. I'm gonna read this comment. I want to say somebody your dad.
Speaker 2: I was going to say something about your dad.
Speaker 3: I don't remember specifically, so I will just say an overarching thing. It's always good to see Billy C. And I got to talk to Billy C.
Speaker 2: Way more.
Speaker 3: This time around, and it sounds like from the conversation I have with them, your dad listens to the show pretty religiously.
Speaker 2: My dad list consumes all of my content.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes a ton of sense, because it felt like he knew me more than the last because he didn't know me the last time I met him, and he was talking to me very comfortably because he's a man of few words. But the way that he was speaking with me, I was like, yo, Billy, c is like having a full on combo with me and opening. It was just very fun to get to like know your dad way more. He rips dude, he's the man, bro, He's the man. The Duke of bon Terre, the Duke.
Speaker 1: I found what I was thinking about because somebody, this gentleman named Brad Wilcox on x OH treated the alert emoji. Married dad's engagement on the home front has tripled. Married dads of young children in nineteen sixty five did, on average less than ten hours a week of any kind of childcare or help around the house. Dad's in twenty twenty four contributed to nearly thirty hours a week.
Speaker 2: Oh my, so dad's out there.
Speaker 1: Keep going. You're doing a good job. You're doing a good job. I know, we beat ourselves up. Still a lot, which is at times probably justified. But just know you're doing a hell of a job and keep fucking going.
Speaker 3: I remember the other thing that I was going to say. You were talking about grandparents. Opah, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Even Lisa, who I would say, of the grandparents that we have, Jill's mom, Jill single parent home, Lisa had to do it all.
Speaker 2: She's a rock star.
Speaker 3: But even Lisa will look at me sometimes and asking a question like am I supposed to do this? And she's not quizzing me, she's not trying to like catch me in something. She's genuinely asking And even I'm like, I don't know the answer to that. So I feel less bad about knowing the answer sometimes because I'm like, even Lisa doesn't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. Yeah, imagine their parents are grandparents parents.
Speaker 3: Dude, listening to like the childhood that my dad had of he had two sisters and two brothers, and they literally was just like go rip, have fun, you go outside, see how.
Speaker 2: See it for two days? Yeah? Oh you're at Bobby's house spending the night. Great. Sounds good.
Speaker 1: I got some new dad shout outs here new dad's Here's one from Josh Wooley on Spotify found out yesterday evening baby number two is a boy. That is two boys for this pet Siko Boomer soon er baby boom or multi prayer hands. Josh, congratulations, man, congratulations, congrat. Me would be very jealousy of you for having two boys. Me Now, I love my girls. I do hope to have a boy one day. But shout out Josh Wooley on getting a couple.
Speaker 2: Shout out Josh, and shout out some growth there, yeah, man, growth and yeah. And also shout out Josh Wooly on two opportunities at a scholarship. Come on, man.
Speaker 3: Ross Tooley wrote in Ross Tooley says supsickos. Well, just have my first Father's Day and it was everything I could have hoped for it more. My dad and I have watched a US Open on Father's Day Sunday for the last thirty years. I'm thirty six years old. This one was different because I will be holding my daughter while watching. Here's how the perfect Father's Day unfolded and instead of goods, we're putting greats pickleball with pops only yelled at each other twice. Great return home only to receive a card book and PT six. Shirp for iaway amazing wife. Great watch the US Open with my dad and daughter. Great watch my dad who has been scared to hold my daughter finally hold her and sooth her. Great hit a one hundred to one US Open. Bed On Wyndham Clark greareat that you're in with Taylorawan on that one. Shout out to my dad, who's been my idol and hero ever since I was a kid. I look up to him more than he knows, and I am sure trying hard nowadays to make sure he knows that. Shout out to my amazing wife Amy for buying the sick merch and watching me and my dad watch golf for eight hours straight. To you guys for creating a family and community for dads. I've never felt so much a part of something in my life. My mom asked what shirt, what the shirt was, and when I told her, she was so happy. She wished that this had been back in had been around for my dad back in the day. Pretty amazing stuff and keep going please Sicico out PS bought all my boys matching PT Shirt six shirts for us to wear on Father's Day. Moving forward, that Rockin' the shirts he said, Also, shurm, You'll love this. Tin Cup is my favorite movie and I always watch it every summer. I've recently started watching it closer to when the US Open is in. Now I am making it a Father's Day tradition. Moving forward, Just a thought for you, since I know you love golf. Ross just unlocks something that I was going to play the Tin Cup scene where he asked for another ball very recently for a I do a clip inspo clip before our busting meetings. I was gonna do that scene from Tin Cup. That's one of my favorite movies. Ross, that's a that's a really good call, dude. I actually cried the first time I watched Tin Cup. I was an adult and I teared up at that scene where he's asking for another ball again again and.
Speaker 2: Roy, this is your this is your last one. Man. You miss this and we're out.
Speaker 3: I can get in on that green then fucking do it and he gives them the last ball. Dude, It's so good. Have you seen Tim have not?
Speaker 2: I love listen to the story.
Speaker 1: God, it is shout out Ross Tooley, Come on, I got one here from Corey Barnhart.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Boys, My name's Corey from Upstate New York. Day One listener pet Sicico girl, dad of an almost nine year old four years ago. On June twenty second, we lost our little boy at twenty four weeks old.
Speaker 2: It's been a long road.
Speaker 1: It's been a long road mourning the loss, but happy to say my wife and I are expecting fourteen weeks in and just found out it's a girl who the only thing my daughter has ever wanted was a sibling, and when we told her, she broke down in tears of joy. She celebrates and includes your brother in her life and all of her stories. Very nervous about the age gap, but no, in my heart, we are making the right choice by trying again. Love the show, never miss an episode and definitely never forget to take the trash out.
Speaker 2: Much love, Corey And what was Corey's full name, Corey Barnhart.
Speaker 3: Dude, Corey Barnhart, thank you for writing in and sharing that.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can only imagine how much they're hanging on to get beyond the twenty four weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, because that is a Yeah. That is hard. Yeah, that is hard. That is hard. It warms my heart to know that their nine year old just broke down and is just excited.
Speaker 3: And for excitement, for further excitement for him. Our neighbor that I talk about a lot. They have a seven year old and a two year old, and they often talk about how awesome their kid's relationship is with that large age gap, how helpful their daughter is and a lot of things, and what incredible big sister she.
Speaker 2: Is and Taylor's about. They're about to have their third the oldest Win is nine. It's going to be nine, So you have a nine year age gap. She's going to be nine. Yeah, White and I are six years apart. I love Wyatt, dude.
Speaker 3: Her being nine makes me really sad. When I first learned here, she was legal and now she's taller than Jill. Jill's five foot by the way. Uh no, dude, I she was the bean bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd be over playing shuffleboard and she'd bean would be down for a nap.
Speaker 2: She'd come down, embrace everybody. Now she's nine. That long curly hair, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I have a shout out here from Connor Ferguson.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 3: Just wanted to write in with some birthday wishes. My son Cooper turns one on July fourth. Let's go Coop, and I know baby Scarlet hits that milestone the day before, so let's crack some ice cold ollipops and light some fireworks for the kiddos.
Speaker 2: I will take a sip to that. I have to. I got a little orange squeeze Connor, great call, dude. I got Jase Daniels Hated Rival Chris Bapple in my head.
Speaker 3: Thank you Ellas for all the laps in stories each week. My buddy introduced me to the pod right after Coop was born by sending me the Jocko Good clip while we're still in the hospital. I've been an avid listener ever since. You guys are truly in inspiration to all dads out there in the trenches every day, and the community you've built is phenomenal. Remember boys, we don't have to we get to sureman, It's been awesome listening to you describe the milestones hilarious stories with Scarlet because I can absolutely relate with my boy being the same age Willie Ce where Spot is a big hit in our bedtime story rotation as well, and Coop is getting a copy of what do you do with an idea? For his birthday. Yeah, Daddy, thank you for the recommendation. Shout out to my amazing wife Steph for being the greatest mom and wife. Coop Man and I could ever ask for. We love you so much, Babe. To the pet Sikos, remember to empty the diaper, Genie, take out the trash. We are truly the lucky ones. Pet six out Connor and Vermont and Connor provided us with some pictures of that's him, let's go and Steph, there's little Steph and there mister Coop.
Speaker 2: Do the wear Spot book.
Speaker 1: I get so bored reading that damn book because like, oh, where's that spot? He hasn't gotten his dinner yet, and he's like, is he behind the door? She opens up the flap and it's a bear. No, turn the page. Is he behind the clock? She opens up the clock. No, and it's a snake inside. So I'll just be like, now I switch it up last night, I changed the whole thing up. Now when she opens the flaps, because again this is a very short story. It's like, it's just where spot. You turn the page, and the only thing in the book is do you just open up open up a flat? And when you open the flap. It's just an animal and all it says is no, there's no other words.
Speaker 2: It's probably a good sign that you're bored with your child's book. It's probably a good sign. But she always picks it.
Speaker 1: Like she never wants to with me. Charle's like, oh she never does. Where it's she's always one spot with me.
Speaker 3: You gotta get in there and you gotta put you gotta tape in little factoids about your career in football behind me? Each think, is he behind the clock? Oh wait, what is that career? Career tackles?
Speaker 2: That's it's really see in twenty twelve ten tackles, one interception against Wisconsin. What that's crazy? Bought the green dot? Is he? Is he under the bed? Oh that's me? Second Sam, it's will comps first start because the Arizona Cardinals two tackles, that's not spot. Huh. Let's check. Let's check over here.
Speaker 1: In the twenty fifteen against the Cowboys, this first interception, Oh, is that him doing the swagon surf?
Speaker 2: You have the little town that falls in Oh my god, we got to do our own kids. Buck. We'll look into it. Yeah, we'll look into it.
Speaker 1: But what I've started to do is now I just attack her with whatever what I think the animal would do when she opens the flat, like look under the bed in its the crocodile and I'm just like my mom and just started.
Speaker 2: Biting on her leg. She loved it. Wait, is this were Scott Zila? Scott? Oh, Scott who reads all the books? We're you know, all the books long stories, Charles. You know.
Speaker 1: She apologized to me this morning because she's like this one that we got. I told her to pick out a book from the bookshelf that she hadn't read in a while, and it's like something due with Maine. Yeah, she like, get's a long one, but she loved it, so you're probably gonna have to read it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, these long ones, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna start reaching in the library. It's gonna be like Pride and Prejudice. You're like, wonder we rude?
Speaker 2: You just read? We're doing Pride and Prejudice. Time we do it.
Speaker 1: I have a new new one here from Oscar Knella via email. Hi guys, longtime listener, first time writer on my brand new dad to be with our little ones. Expected arrival in February twenty twenty seven. Come on at forty years old with my wife at thirty nine. We're starting this adventure a little later than some, but we're incredibly grateful and excited to finally be here. That fires me up. So a lot of women that get very get anxious when that thirty six year old mark kits Yeah, because risk and everything else goes up.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: But I love this, and to be honest, I'm feeling just about every emotion possible right now. Excited, nervous, hopeful, overwhelmed, you name it. It feels like I've officially entered the trenches of soon to be fatherhood, and I'm trying to prepare as best as i can. Great head Start February twenty seven, Like you're you have the right urgency right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're good.
Speaker 1: I've already started scouting local dad groups around LA because I know I'm going to need the wisdom of veterans who have survived diaper blowout, sleep deprivation, and toddler negotiations.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've also been working out more partly for my health, but mostly because I figure fatherhood is going to involve a lot of bending, lifting, carrying, and chasing tiny little humans at full speed yep, one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent on that.
Speaker 1: I like to think I'm a new recruit hoping to earn a spot in Papa Teams. In the Papa Team six squadron, training has begun, morales high, and readiness is somewhere between fully prepared and absolutely no idea what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: You're in the right pocket. Yeah, you're part of the right squadron. That's me.
Speaker 1: Come on, Chef, I'd love to hear anybody you have for the first time Dad, who are a few months into the journey and trying to get their minds and backs ready for what's ahead.
Speaker 2: Thanks for all you do.
Speaker 1: Your conversations have already helped me feel more prepared and a little less alone as I step into this next chapter. Cheers, says future Papa Team six recruit recruit. This is a fellow Papa Team six recruit, Oscar Canela.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: Oscar is very locked in and already on the right track. The only advice that I was going to give, which he said, it best, that Dad's group.
Speaker 2: I feel like doing this show with you.
Speaker 3: Kind of filled the gap for me finding a Dad group, Like I didn't really need it because I got to do this show with you, and it made it very tangible and realistic to just hear you talk about.
Speaker 2: The right ends of people giving his ri and wins.
Speaker 3: And losses, and even even seeing Taylor and Jeremy in the office and talking with them, hearing them talk about like getting around other dads, dude, is just such a pro move. It's like, if you wanted to be a good golfer, you'd probably hang out with other golfers. If you wanted to be good at writing, you probably go to writer convenient. You know what I'm saying. Just oh, yeah, that would be my advice. Yeah, it seems like he's on it. He's urgent, he's preparing. Just prepare to fail.
Speaker 1: Also that that's the biggest thing is don't go sideways when things don't go to planna. You're gonna learn throughout the entire process, you're gonna fail through it all.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, the best thing, like for me, what I did when I was preparing for Rue to come was, and I've said it in several episodes, but I wanted to be on top of what sleep training was and involved like twelve hours by twelve weeks. I've read strong Fathers, Strong daughters because I was having a girl.
Speaker 2: I read at wall Rue was here.
Speaker 1: Yep, those things help me, like figuring out no, that like my dumb brain before I had my wife and obviously before we got pregnant, was a Mary a wife and she'll do everything like, she'll do all the stuff at home, she'll do all the stuff, help and raise the kids. Like I'll just hope it's a boy, and I'll want him to be a football player when he grows up. I'll want him to be like dad. Yeah. And then because of how much my mom did for us, did for me, I'm just like, you marry somebody.
Speaker 2: They'll handle it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll tell me what to do. Then you learn, as we all know, in marriage, it doesn't work like that. That expectation is insane and you work together. And so figuring out that how much the women's stress when they're pregnant and losing identity and going from whoever they were to now going into the identity of mom and losing themselves a little bit and seeing the hormone adaptations that take place, the mental shift that they have, the things that they have to be on top of, well, it puts a lot of stress on them. For me, it was obviously conversations with my wife by figuring out like, yeah, I need to do I need to prepare. I need to figure out lanes of preparing on my own. So it's not me just be like, Hey, what what do you need me to do? What do you want me to do? What book should I read? Like you can ask simple things like that, but I can tell you this, your partner wants you to be intentional and think for yourself, and it's just not them doing all the thinking. And so my lane felt more of like, how do I prepare for when the baby's here? The sleep training, because obviously nobody gets a lot of sleep on the babies here. How you can be how I can be supportive because they're gonna wake They're gonna be waking up a lot more in the middle of the night than I am, or I'm hopeful anyway, there's some situations where you wake up with your partner while they feed or plump, whatever the case may be. But just I prepare that. I don't know if I gave you a whole lot there you did, But those are the things I thought about as I was developing my own sense of self into Fatherhood.
Speaker 3: A creator in the dad space, Trey Kennedy hopefully future friend of the show. Tray Kennedy has a great character that he does of a terrible father. Yeah, and my favorite pit that he does is, honey, I'm here awaiting your instructions.
Speaker 2: I won't be doing anything until told otherwise. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is every woman's worst nightmare. Yes, you haven't told me to do anything, so I'm just waiting. I won't do anything until you tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you're doing stuff proactively, that dude. And that's not even just with kids, that's just around the house. That's like you want to get some bonus points with your wife and your marriage. Not even talking about being a good dad, dude. Oh my god. We just talked about it at the beginning of the show where I was doing the dishes and have the headphones off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just keep the eyes and ears open here because again, there's nothing that you're going to be able to I mean, there are things you're gonna be able to prepare for before the baby comes, but just prepare to fail and just be aware because you're gonna be in your own situation. Like me, I was still trying to play football. We had busts with the boys going. But knowing how much work goes into the kid, goes into the newborn. When they get here, you realize how much your wife has to kind of sacrifice and do for all of it to function.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the mental you touched on it with your initial answer to you, the mental weight really anything to soften that mental weight as the do date comes closer, and because how many weeks pregnantity I forget from his.
Speaker 1: The baby is due February twenty seven. Okay, so he's got plenty.
Speaker 2: Of he's just seeing prep right now. He is so locked years.
Speaker 3: Keep that years ahead, keep that same energy, h Oscar, and just keep on lessening that mental load on your wife. And dude, everyone wins.
Speaker 1: And you're saying it right now, it's less about the newborn and more about the partnership, yes, more about the teammate aspect with your wife, Yes, Because.
Speaker 3: When y'all are a good team and are fully operating and know that you have each other's backs, that's when the fireworks and the fund happen with the kiddo.
Speaker 2: That's when the mental load is off and.
Speaker 3: Now we're both explore operating Yes, we're operating, and we're having fun with our girl and we're able to play with her at dinner and make funny faces at her and feed her because dad's got clean up and mom's got bedtime duty.
Speaker 2: After this, we're good. We got it. Like it, everything starts working, Everything starts working.
Speaker 1: It's fun to watch you, man, because I just remember when you were not even having Scarlet yet, the conversations we would have, and even when Scarlett was here, the conversation, how they've developed over the last year. Your confidence, your comfort in talking about these things. Now that you have a year of experience, well, a year of messing up exactly like you said, truly like it.
Speaker 3: You will learn so much from just fucking up. It's the best way to learn as a dad.
Speaker 1: And as long as you care and your intentional, like, you're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you care and your intentional, you're still gonna fuck up, like you are. Not just saying that to make people feel good. Yeah, No, not at all. This is something that will never ever go to plan ever, just being a dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I'd love to do a crack a cold one.
Speaker 3: Oh well, as you know, Willy see crack a cold one is brought to us by Ollipop.
Speaker 2: What do you got right there, Chris, Bapples and grape sitting next to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly shout out all the alipops, but you guys know these are my two favorites right here.
Speaker 3: Raspberry Sherbert's right there, which is a new new one. BlackBerry Vanilla's right here, new flavor, every one, you know, it's not new. The deal the lollipop is still doing. They they nice transition, Thank you very much. They want everybody to enjoy lollipop as much as they can. And it's still to buy two, get one free. They will pay you back for any two lollipops that you purchase that works at any retailer, that works with any flavor you can mix and match. You just go to drinkollipop dot com forward slash bwtb by any two individual cans. They will pay you back for one.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: You can find them at Walmart. You can find them at Target or in the refrigerated aisle. In the refrigerated aisle. Amazon. You can buy them online at Amazon. Yeah, you can also buy them online at drinkolipop dot com.
Speaker 1: This is a perfect one I have a dad hack here on Discord.
Speaker 2: Oh what bishop what they love? Attention sickos.
Speaker 1: Our beloved lollipop is on sale for Prime Day twenty to twenty four percent off. I know, good day, and well all of our empty sichos will be having thirty plus packages showing up to the house over the next few days. Get her to throw some on the cart and he even set a picture how he's got some on the.
Speaker 2: Cart going right, Yan dude, so he's even we got the boys. What a dad hack?
Speaker 1: Yeah that it was under as you guys see, just so you guys know dad hacks.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm gonna that actually really gets me. My Cracker cool one is the first birthday and going on vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh Cracker cool one, Right, We're we're in the middle of summer.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody's crack of cole one is figuring out some vacation they're going on, because mine is to Italy and Austria.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm pretty sure, and I don't want to put them on blast, but I'm pretty sure that my dad and my brother and my mom all sparkling water peeps. But I don't know if they are on the new kind of soda ollipop like they should be. And I think that I'm gonna be a lollipop sicko on my baka com strapped with ollipop. I'm going to convert them. That's actually that is also my crack of cole One is I'm going to get my mom addicted to ollipop.
Speaker 2: There we go, drink lollipop, man, Come on, man, drink lollipop. I have some shout outs, so we want to rip through shout outs.
Speaker 3: Please, And then I have a fun little PT six community read.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's from Brian Friedman.
Speaker 1: The email email is six so when the dad's at gmail dot com APT six. I wanted to give a first Father's Day shout out to my husband Jordan. He wrote in to you guys for an MT six shout out for myself, Brie for giving birth on March nineteenth to our eight pounds seven ounce son. Oh when you officially had joined the PT six gang. That was read on your March twenty fifth episode, and I think it would be so amazing for the follow up shout out. I've included a picture of Jordan walking our son out of the hospital, rocking his and.
Speaker 2: Here's the shout out. He deserves.
Speaker 1: Come on, I want to give you, Hugh shout out to my husband Jordan for his first Father's Day. Just as we preface that in the first paragraph, that's not a I shouldn't even said that brand Our sweet boys only a few months old, but he's already won the dad Lottery and I couldn't be more grateful to be raising him alongside such an incredible man.
Speaker 2: He is the backbone of.
Speaker 1: Our family and watching him love, care for, and show up for our son and myself every single day has made embracing the suck so much easier. Thank you for an amazing podcast that has given Jordan the confidence to become the best first time father that I knew he would be.
Speaker 2: He deserves all the praise.
Speaker 1: In a shout out from the boys, love you, guys, empty six Bree Jordan's Let's.
Speaker 3: Go, Jordan, thank you for rocking our stuff. Leaving the hustle Deek will Will was laughing, saying he shouldn't have read the top part of the email out loud, but I'm glad he did.
Speaker 2: I'm yeah. I was trying, no, no, no, no, you were breaking.
Speaker 1: I'm down that I read the first part of the email I'm saying, Look, I'm saying she structured it already saying I wanted to give a first Father's Day shout out to my husband Jordan. Yeah, so she doesn't need to put that in her next shout out. This says I want to give a huge shout out to my husband Jordan for his first Father's Day. Yes, because I'm already this is already the shout out for the Father's Day shout.
Speaker 2: You already said that. It's a shout now Father's Day.
Speaker 5: What I don't like is that this episode coming before Greg, where Greg, I think, has taught you a few things now about getting back and reading grammar and cards, and that's a teaser.
Speaker 2: For the Greg. It seems like you're in that headspace now. Yeah, but I didn't mess nothing up you. I wrote bo was on the card.
Speaker 3: And everyone is in full agreement, like if I was friends with Brien.
Speaker 1: She's like, hey, Willie, see can you check this over before I said it in the six and one the dad's at gmail dot com. Yeah, so yeah, let me take a look at Brie. This is this is honestly amazing. The only thing I would correct is you don't have to see I want to give a huge shout out to my husband Jordan for his first Father's Day, because you already said that in the first paragraph, So just delete that part and just go in, just go into the shout out or a little boy only a few months old.
Speaker 2: And if I delete that part, then it's good to go.
Speaker 1: I can send him Yeah, yeah, yeah, because will if you watch, he reads everything that's on the card.
Speaker 2: Oh don't you don't want to repeat himself? That is right. Let me change that. Yeh, I'll get that change.
Speaker 1: And for all the haters out there, Greg the one you here, listen to next week with Greg, it was it was a moment of relief.
Speaker 2: We put one card in that man's hands, one and he tore it apart. He tore it apart.
Speaker 3: Imagine if we had had of do like eight by the end of it, he would have been like, why why do y'all do this?
Speaker 2: Why do you do it? Because for the love of the game, man, the love of the game. I have a PT six community.
Speaker 3: Uh note this came from this is a really cool name, Riker McClaskey.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Riiker McClaskey wrote in PT sikos lifelong listener here one full year and proud father of my daughter, thirteen month old Scottie aka another Scott Sille.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Come on, Riker, Thank you boys for all that you do. I've enjoyed episodes at two am while rocking my daughter back to sleep in the trenches and on PT fit runs where I'm mostly just trying not to die. Thanks for keeping this fatherhood journey fun. Today's topic trash etiquette. Nice you see what Riker has to stave in as a dad. I am drowning in trash, Amazon boxes, white diaper boxes, everything in between, and never ends. My cans are full midway through the week every week, so I need the PT ruling. Is it acceptable to throw your overflow of draft into a neighbor's can when theirs isn't full. I'll go ahead and tell you I'm already doing it, Riker, every Wednesday night under the cover of darkness. I'm making the rounds, Riker, I'm making the rounds. I'll let you weigh in, but I am PTT Poppa team trash.
Speaker 2: So here's the question.
Speaker 3: If your cans are full, is it fair game to buy extra trash in your neighbor's cans?
Speaker 2: Don't get caught.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's ruling upheld. I see where his head's at.
Speaker 2: I think I've done it like a couple times in my life, not anytime recently, but I've like taken trash and put it in.
Speaker 3: Lean it's on. This would be my I take on it. If mine are full and they're overflowing and they look ugly, and it's first thing in the morning, and my neighbors have already wheeled theirs to the curb and mine are doing this game where the lid's like up like this because I have so much trash. Yeah, I would then check their cans. Oh, they got some room in there. I'll put some of mine in there so then mine don't look crazy ugly. Yeah, I'm cool with that. But I think he's talking about midweek being like, go put this over and uh, I'll go put it in there can. Is that what he's saying.
Speaker 2: We ain't gonna tell on him. I would never. We ain't gonna tell on them. Have you done? Have you done?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, No, I haven't done anything like I can't. The biggest one where I'm laughing at the feeling that you know he has, he feels going alive because when we were oh yeah, like when we were going back to when it was the snowstorm and we were going, you know, dumpsters taking our trash do on them and on dump.
Speaker 2: Oh yet, don't let me judge. I hope nobody thinks about.
Speaker 1: I'm saying the feeling you have when you get out throwing in the dumpster, where you're like, man, is there somebody in a window somewhere seeing me right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yea, And they got their phone in their hand, like I'm gonna get this. They call the cup. Yeah, I'm gonna call the cops on them.
Speaker 1: But knowing he's like sneaking over kind of like looking around, check in, being like and then having to make the decision I'm good to do this throwing in there.
Speaker 2: I need.
Speaker 3: I need a selfie from Riker while he's doing the trash run, is what I need? Or a video? Yeah, I might need a selfie video of.
Speaker 1: Right he's pulling a you just did the Neutral, the Neutral commercial for Busting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's want to go, go, go, go, go, go go.
Speaker 3: He sneaking around Ryker when you sit in the video, wear a ski mask, whatever you need to do to keep yourself anonymous. But would love a selfie video of Riker showing us how it's done, and Riker what you can probably do if you think they're.
Speaker 2: Not onto you, you know you do this us. Get him a gift. Yeah, set it on their porch, neighbor, and maybe a written card. Maybe you allude to you putting some trash in their their bits. I don't know what his relationship is with it with the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Sneak it in there, so you gotta get it off your conscient Yeah, yeah, exactly. If I ever felt like my trash was overflowing and I could put it in your cants, like I would feel comfortable enough to do that.
Speaker 2: That's how much I love you guys.
Speaker 5: Do you know what we're doing? East genuinely? Uh, My neighbor's really cool. I have two recycles, he has one. We each have one trash can, so he'll put stuff in mine. I put stuff in his. If I put stuff in his, I bring his bins back because they're next to each other. So I have trash that's extra and I see it.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 5: He looked at me when he goes say thanks for bringing the bins back. I was like, yeah, I filled yours up, so like got it and he's done it for me too, So that's our Like, if we put stuff in yours, I'll bring your bins back for it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like Ryker just needs to get some rapport going with his neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sitting on the guilt or find a neighbor that just sucks you hold them up, mold of up.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's the spotty's in I either either way, I'm pro Riker, I'm team Riker. Yeah, of course we're pro Dad's man. We're figuring it out. I have some voicemails here. Do you want to do a voicemails to a voicemail?
Speaker 3: This one is called grandparent Teams six on one, the Dad's call in, leave a voicemail. And if you don't want to call in and leave a voicemail, you said it earlier in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the email, hit the email, hit the email.
Speaker 3: Six on one, the Dad's at gmail dot com.
Speaker 8: Good morning, this is Heather calling from Colorado. I am currently only on episode I'm not even sure what episode. October eight, twenty twenty five. I started from the beginning. I am almost getting caught up working on it turned onto the podcast from my boys. They are twenty nine and currently twenty seven, and I just wanted.
Speaker 2: To call in.
Speaker 8: You know, pizza Fridays growing up definitely was a thing for our family, and I just want to say that doing that with my boys being twenty nine, twenty seven, My oldest is part of PT six for thirteen months now. My other son is actually going to be part of PT six in less than four weeks. Super stoked about that, but calling in to say that we get together every Wednesday for family dinner. We rotate between the houses our house the boys' houses, and we get together once a week, touch base with the family and definitely creating that dinner time conversation being around the table, growing up, watching our kids grow up, and us having grandkids now, so we need a part of PT six or grandparents because Rock in this lolly position as grandma is absolutely amazing, great and best job I've ever had in the entire world. However, I just wanted to say that creating that family time, creating that bond. We have been doing this now since the boys came back from college, that we get together every Wednesday night for dinner, regardless of our schedules. We plan around family dinner, and we are very intentional with our time, and I think it's created a bond that we have that a lot of other families don't. So it's worth creating that intentional time with your family as soon as you can, because every minute counts. And now those grand babies are going to be understanding that, Yep, Wednesday nights, we all get together regardless of what else is going on in our lives because we love each other, support each other, and will always be the anchors for everyone. Shout out to you guys for doing such an amazing job. Appreciate the podcast.
Speaker 2: Love you. It's a wonderful voicemail that right there, Like, for me, that's a that's a family when they have those gatherings every Wednesday.
Speaker 1: If I was like in their bubble, Yeah, that'd be a family. I look at back, man. I want that for my family because they're a generation. They got a generational, they got the grandparents. They do it every Wednesday. Now their grandkids are gonna become, like she's saying, they're going to be coming into that routine. They're just gonna know like, this is the standard. This is the intentionality that we put in with our family. That fires me up.
Speaker 2: What do you think about G unit for the grandparents? Do we like that? G unit? Grand Team six, Grand Team six, sag Team six, William, I hope you salt face.
Speaker 5: That was a nice voicemail from a really that she loves us.
Speaker 2: I know we're not gonna call her sagg Tude six.
Speaker 1: Well, but if they're if they're sick gos like we think they are, they're.
Speaker 2: Laughing right now watching this. They're we're joking. He's a jokey guy. He's like, hey, Jo, you gotta swoop. He said, Saggy, what you know what?
Speaker 3: Great idea And we'll we'll look into it. We'll look at it.
Speaker 2: We'll look into it. My grandma she had hearing aids strong ones. She him out death type where you could hear yourself when you talk to her.
Speaker 1: Sometimes yeah, or they'd be going out of whack, like Grandma, do not hear that?
Speaker 2: You got to fix it. It's like R two D. Just do that again, Grandma, Deaf Team six deep space again. We're building the community. We're just building the community, guys.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Amen, Race Hall Praise Dale is ourre We go there we go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, boys, Day one, Peach Sick oh here, the trenches just got deeper. Got my first daughter, Girl, Dad mode activated, boys, got a two and a half year old son. Daughter was born today. We're stoked.
Speaker 2: You can hear it.
Speaker 6: And the reason why I'm calling. Tell you the story of how we got here. Okay, we were close to having this baby in the car, all right, eighteen minutes from hospital arrivals to delivery. Okay, cutting it that close, yelling. I was driving faster than Fat Stafford on the way to a Texas barbecue buffet. Okay, through the intersection, I swear I heard somebody yell raishel praise Dale. That's what I was going through there. But we made it safe. Okay, maybe or maybe not. Some traffic laws were broken, you know, but we made it. Everybody's happy and healthy. Couldn't be more excited. Uh yeah. Pt six, Uh Chapter two, Here we go, girl, dad life, Let's go, boys.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Man, He's a cup of tea or something for that boy. I was about to say, he's been yelling.
Speaker 2: Some honey and lemon in it. He's been yelling.
Speaker 3: He's he was literally driving and the baby's literally coming out in the car.
Speaker 2: You didn't like shut you squeeze some shut he wait till we get there. He close it up. I don't care what you got it. We ain't having it in the car. Oh man, he's gone through it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean two seconds into that call, I was like, there's some where it might just happened. Yeah, we're about to hear a crazy story. What's going on?
Speaker 2: That's tight? Yeah, that's tight tight. Top tiered Dad Songs is our last voicemail.
Speaker 4: Hey boys, Brian from Long Island here, father of one stud twenty month old boy. Yeah, my second baby boy, on the way to sit here into August. Yeah, so we're getting dangerously close to man coverage in my house. Uh, but just listen to the latest episode, Boys and other banger is always with the Dad Done. But after the episode was over, song called came on Spotify by Charles Wesley Godwin and boys. It's It's enough to make your grown man cry, top tier dad song. So it got me thinking, what are some of your top tier dad songs? Like me and my Dad, we have drinking beer with Dad. My kid rock that always hits. But I know, girl, dad songs just hit different, you know, hit that softer spot. But yeah, just wanted to know what your opinions, your your top dad songs were and uh, you know, I know people say it every week, but deserves being reiterated. Thank you boys for all you do for this community, the wins and the losses, you know, the highs and the lows botherhood. It's good to know you're not you know, you're not the only one who's falling short sometimes or you know, getting the same wins.
Speaker 2: But yeah, appreciate all you boys do. Uh pepe sick go out, top tiered dad song? What was the song that he said? It kind of cuts out when he says, let me try it one more time. Hey, their Son by Charles Wesley Godwin, Hey, their Son? And why Flores? And whyfe Flores? He wants a girl? Dad one?
Speaker 1: Yours by Post Malone. Oh that's right, you want to you want to cry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said that one broke.
Speaker 1: Buckled me in the car. It has through on three different occasions. But yours throwback Kenny Chesney, there goes my life. Oh, it's so funny listening to it now because obviously think about my daughters.
Speaker 2: But when you think about in high school playing ball, Yeah, isn't that what it's about originally about football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it starts off that way like, there goes my life. He's losing his football career. Then at the end of it, there goes my life. As she's she's going up the stairs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, full circle when your first felix, I've lost everything. Ah, there goes my entire life. I had played out for myself. And Boys of Fall too. Tell me you don't. I know you've played that a few times in the car. Boys of Fall. Yeah, Boys of Fall by Kenny Chesney. I'm sure I've heard it.
Speaker 7: It's not raining about We'll listen to it after you Okay, Well, it's about playing ball with the boys.
Speaker 2: That's literally what it is.
Speaker 7: It's about putting the parent So you guys like the tal you just talking about Kenny Chesnay and I just said Boys of Fall because I thought that would be one that that's a good.
Speaker 2: One, professional fall. You played ball. He's like dirty dads, a.
Speaker 3: C DCM hey back in black.
Speaker 2: That would get your juice floor for a football game. You ever heard that one? It's a good one.
Speaker 3: You got a nice a c D FOI a c DC voice.
Speaker 2: I practiced ad.
Speaker 1: I got a nice ac D boys, DHD boys.
Speaker 3: I practiced in the MITA this morning before I got to the office. Uh, you'll be in my heart, Phil Collins. We played it when we left uh the hospital with Scarlet. I heard it. I believe in a target just like playing over the talk about like the least romantic place ever of just fluorescent lights, people all around, and that song was playing.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: I haven't sat there and listened to it by myself, but I think I know what will happen when I do.
Speaker 2: It's a very sweet song, yours post Malone. I need to listen to that. Listen to that one. You're in a safe space. Hey, what do you got right there? Man? I got an email from whaling Rant.
Speaker 3: Oh talk about Now that's a Texas quarterback name.
Speaker 2: By the way, say that one again? Whyalon Ransom? First up? Boys, I want to give a shout out to my wife, Caitlin. She got me some merch for my birthday June sixth, just in time for our vacation, summertime vacation. Boy Mama.
Speaker 1: The one item I had to have was the white hat and black rope that says good war. At the entire seventeen and a half hour drive also got a four the Dead shirt with no One's Coming to save You, a Bustle with the boys and Budweiser collab shirt, and a PT six coffee mug. No so shout out awesome wife, well, awesome wife for almost eleven years, and shout out to you boys. Keep it under an hour, make sure the trash is put out. PT sicko OLPs. Thinking about getting some new inks soon, might need to get a PT six tattoo else blessing of course?
Speaker 3: Oh Whalen's sick, dude, do it yards on the carry my Whalin Ransom. That's another first down Agles, Whylan Ransom. Isn't that just a quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love that You're still on Waylon Ransom. That's a football player's name. Now you're just you're painting his.
Speaker 2: Career for a stinky in real time. Thank you. What tat should he get? Is this PT six specific? He should get the bear. I'll just say, right behind Sharon, he should get the bear.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking bear, simply pop a team six or simply good.
Speaker 2: I like the wolves too.
Speaker 5: Right behind the Wolves, behind you, shir, What if it's the bear and he's the smoke from his cigarles and on his helmet.
Speaker 2: It's as good God.
Speaker 3: It depends on where he gets the tattoo forehead, forehead or a tear.
Speaker 2: Drop of the Teddy Bear.
Speaker 9: But I something something like that on like a leg or like thigh, Like I just feel like that would look really good on the thigh.
Speaker 2: That feels like an arm tat to me, like a forearm tat. He can do something sick on his chest or he get ass tat. Ooh that says put a bow on it.
Speaker 3: That on his ass would put a bow on it underneath it would go crazy.
Speaker 1: I hope he does it, and I hope he sends photos, maybe even a video.
Speaker 3: Who knows Whylen Ransom with the assat put a bow on it? I have an email that apparently is a sad alert email.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, I will get into that.
Speaker 3: Uh, Alexis, I want to apologize and advance for the pronunciation of your last name. This comes from Alexis Wquez. Good morning boys. My name is Alexis. I am so sorry. Let me start again. The s as silent in her name. So my name is Alexi and I joined Papa Team six three months ago thanks to my incredible wife. I'm gonna it's a guy. I'm gonna start completely over and apologize for everything.
Speaker 5: I assume it is a gentlem I should say, but the name is Alexi, as in the guy from Stranger Things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alexi, Okay, I am locked in now, lock in, I am locked in now. This comes from Alexi. What guess Alexi says? My name is Alexi and I joined Papa Team six three months ago.
Speaker 2: Thanks to my incredible wife.
Speaker 3: She went through forty hours of labor and pushed for four hours just to have the obi's cut her stomach and simultaneously push and pull our little guy out of the birth canal. She went through hell like a true empty Siko so we could welcome our little Sebastian into our beautiful family. Originally from Belgium, I moved to Indiana six years ago. All of my family still lives abroad, so we were so excited to have my parents visit for five days at the end of April to meet their second grandchild. Yes, my older brother beat us by welcoming their adorable baby girl a month before us, in true firstborn fashion. We were very much in the trenches during my parents' visit, but managed to have a great time.
Speaker 2: With them. They were able to give.
Speaker 3: Us downtimes where we could focus on ourselves and our little guy. Even spent nights at the Airbnb nearby to lighten our load in babysats so we could have our first date away from the kid to celebrate our thirteenth year anniversary of getting together. We spent quality time with them, relaxing in the yard, eating lunch and dinner with them, enjoying neighborhood walks and whatnot. Such a great visit. However, while they were there, I started noticing that my dad wasn't all himself. He seemed very tired, dozing off on the couch pretty often throughout the day. I thought he was jetlagged and getting to the jet lag I've been getting to him. Plus his upcoming retirement at the end of May was certainly weighing on his mind.
Speaker 2: He would also use some.
Speaker 3: Weird, out of place words every now and then while conversing, think using the word clock instead of saying kitchen.
Speaker 2: It got significantly worse than just a couple days.
Speaker 3: I dropped them off at the airport with the knot in my stomach, hopeful that it wasn't anything too serious. They landed back home and headed straight to the er to get a CT scan, and there it was a very large mass in his brain, roughly the size of a ping pong ball, with a massive.
Speaker 2: Edema. A massive edema, I believe all around it.
Speaker 3: My parents called me early in the morning to let me know and spend the next hour sobbing while looking at pictures of our trip. The next couple of weeks were pretty intense, countless MRIs and doctor's appointments and hundreds of video calls with Belgium trying to be present for my dad and my family even five hundred or five thousand miles away. They were able to schedule a surgery to remove the tumor within two weeks, and that was a success. But then the tissue analysis came back cancer glio blastoma to be specific, the nastiest one. My mom joked that for someone that never really got sick at all, my dad really picked a good one, true empty siko right there with the sense of humor.
Speaker 2: So yeah, here we are.
Speaker 3: My dad start chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments last week and he's in for a long fight. I'm here celebrating my first Father's Day. Well, I don't know if there was also the last one I can celebrate with my dad. I'm glad my parents were able to visit before all of this happened. I will share those memories forever, as I'm sure they will. I was able to surprise my dad on Father's Day by telling him we'd be traveling back home with the kid in August, a lot sooner than expected, which means my siblings, my grandma, and my friends will all be able to meet Sebastian and I get to meet my little niece as well. I know everyone is looking forward to our family vacation, and if you really think about it, my dad was able to leave for retirement a month early.
Speaker 2: Good silver linings, Silver linings. Overall, all of this seems unfair.
Speaker 3: The old man just became a grandpa for the first time and was on the verge of a retirement only to be hit by this cancer bs. But we're only looking forward now. We'll fight this together and we'll come out and we will come out of it stronger. I just wanted to thank you guys for starting this pod, for providing a community to dads out there, and for the distractions these last couple of weeks. Remember to take out the trash, to hug your dads, and to tell people close to you that you love them before it's too late. It matters. Cheers Alexi and him being from Belgium, I believe that's vacaz, not whakaz. So I apologize for that, Alexi. But yeah, what are some of the thoughts going through your head?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it's just a wave, a wave of like various emotions, right, sadness, anger, questioning God, questioning why, feeling like you're running out of time and it's bullshit that your kids are only going to get to meet him once twice a handful of times, not knowing how you know how quick or how long this fight could be. Yeah, I guess if I had any advice for just being in this moment would be what can you do right now? It sounds like there's a trip on the books that people will be at comes great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't get that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people don't get people don't you know, there's there's a lot of people out there that don't get to see their grandparents whatsoever. Yeah, if Grandpa is able to have conversation, dude, start journaling. Yes, like get with them on the phone when you're there, ask him things about his past, what he loved about raising you, what you hope advice that grandpa would give him to give his kids, Yeah, dude, the journal thing, Yeah, really good advice. I often think about my grandfather Chatshaw that had Parkinson's, who was all still there you just couldn't talk. I wish so badly that we had allowed, you know, to write down his thoughts, to write down stories.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that was hard for.
Speaker 3: My mom sitting there and thinking, my kids aren't really getting to meet the granddad I know, but also counting your blessings of they're getting to meet granddad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know it's tough. I'm not Yeah, no, of course, I know it's very hard, of course. Yeah, but also how lucky are you? Yes? Take advantage?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and take advantage, like try to do your best to compartmentalize the noise and figure out what can you do and create and stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm in full agreement with that.
Speaker 3: I think that everyone benefits from that, the memory of your father, you and your grandkids, even your wife, dude, Like everybody benefits from that. And yeah, also, congratulations on your first Father's Day and your brother's first Father's Day.
Speaker 2: So much to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Dude, y'all get together and have a really fun time in August. Gonna be a blast. Oh, I have an email here from let me see, Derek Stewart, Will and Shurham. I called into the show, but it ended before I could get my whole story out.
Speaker 2: Oh, we hit the he went up against the clock, He went up against the clock.
Speaker 1: I wanted to make sure you guys got it, because I think you guys deserve the credit. When I called, I was talking about how I'm a high school teacher trying to make a little extra money over the summer. I picked up a job where I'm sitting in a cubicle all day staring at a computer screen and not talking to anybody. Since I was bored at my desk as I decided to find a podcast. All right you guys before but never really had the time to listen consistently, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity. Well, scoring through the episodes, I came across the one where you were talking about health scares, and Will shared the story about his daughter having a seizure and finding about it over the phone.
Speaker 2: And finding out about it over the phone.
Speaker 1: Ever since becoming a dad, I've dealt with a level of health anxiety that I never had before. My daughter once had a serious breathing issue and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. It was one of the scariest moments of my life hearing that and hearing that story, I felt a sense of relief because it was one of the first times I'd heard someone describe that same fear and helplessness that comes with not knowing what's going.
Speaker 2: To happen to your child.
Speaker 1: I got pretty emotional listening listening to it, and actually started tearing up at my desk.
Speaker 2: Here's where it gets funny.
Speaker 1: At the exact moment I had tears in my eyes, my boss walked by and asked, Hey, is everything okay?
Speaker 2: You good?
Speaker 1: Of course I told him, yeah, yeah, I'm good, because I don't I don't really.
Speaker 3: Want to explain that a podcast had me emotional in the middle of a work day.
Speaker 2: Hashtag good.
Speaker 1: The funny part is this is only my second week on the job, and ever since then, my boss has become incredibly helpful.
Speaker 10: I think he assumes I'm struggling and need some mess. I think he assumes I'm struggling and needs some extra support, so he's eased up on my workload.
Speaker 2: Kind of good.
Speaker 3: So now I'm in a pretty pretty great win win situation. Your podcast helped me feel understood, and somehow it also got me a lighter workload.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to share that story and let you know how much I appreciate what you guys are doing.
Speaker 3: You don't have to do this podcast, but I know you're bringing a lot of relief, encouragement, and.
Speaker 2: Joy to dad's everywhere. Appreciate you boys. Cheers, Derek, thank you for writing in that is all. What a great email. That was a fabulous email. You're doing it, man, you do. You're doing all right. First couple of weeks they're like, fuck, fuck it good? Yeah, really good. Actually, just take a little bit off your plate. Man.
Speaker 3: You know, Derek does a great job around here. Everybody really loves him. But uh, some crying his cubicle the other day. Yeah, maybe we're putting too much on his plate.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's yeah, overore, somebody's like, hey, I think something's off of Derek. No, man, you don't know what he's going through. He works, he shows up buses ass here, whatever baggage he's got going on outside of here. I think he wears it at work because I saw him struggling the other day at the cubicle. So keep your mouth shut about there. Yeah, yeah, why don't you cut on a little extra time, Maybe spend some time with him, get to know.
Speaker 3: Him, Maybe you would understand where he's coming. Yeah, get to know what's behind the tiers. He's always on these podcasts.
Speaker 2: No he ain't. He's either working or crying.
Speaker 3: I see, Derek, Yeah, Derek, you you really kind of fell into a nice little situation there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When he said you guys deserve all the crowdit, I'm thinking, okay, let's hear let's hear what he's gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that we don't feel deserving him that one. It's like, okay, yeah, yeah, we'll take that crit We'll take that one. Yeah, that was us. We'll take credit for the lighter workload. Yeah, we had some very kind words from the EA guys that we're here.
Speaker 2: Did that one Yang guy talk to you with the whole miss yo? Yeah? Dude, so nice.
Speaker 1: A couple of them came up and was talking about before the dad spot. I was like, dang, dude, people running in from Belgium. That's also crazy. A dad that's not even a dad yet, not coming until February twenty seven, twenty seven out in la Oscar trying to get in dad communities.
Speaker 2: Oscar, Come on, man and g Unit Saggy teams. Yeah, yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: That grandma called in. That was actually really cool to hear. You could hear how proud she was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. She had two sons that in their.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven kids on the pod and are like excited.
Speaker 2: Let me see what my boys are listening to. I hope that.
Speaker 3: I hope that that Fat Stafford in that one shell for nice boys.
Speaker 2: Show your mom the Show. Yeah, yeah, I love the ship. My mom listened to it on the way down. Show your Mom's the show, You show your moms, Show your parents the show, Spread the Good News. This was a great sod. This was a very fun. So. I know.
Speaker 3: This is probably really inaccurate, but it feels like it's been a long time since we've recorded.
Speaker 2: For some reason, uh, just in my head along you're saying this has been a long sode.
Speaker 3: No, like it feels like it's been a minute since we've sat down and talked for some minute, and I know that we've just been going a million miles an hour. Yeah at all times, man, Yeah, this was the huge teams you guys building commercials. True, like all the interviews tight end you coming to town, cramming in a bunch of interviews, traveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot happens, bro and it flies. Yes, but it's been a fun sit down. It's been a fun combo.
Speaker 2: This has been good. I'm gonna miss you guys over the next couple of weeks, two weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna enjoined the vacation obviously, but I'm gonna miss you boys.
Speaker 2: I am too. Keep it together here.
Speaker 5: It's just Chef and I for a little while, like us against busting at this point, we're gonna miss you guys.
Speaker 2: Sure. How long are you going for the second to the ninth Too long? Yeahs.
Speaker 3: And there are several guys going on some vacations, right, I ain't taking time.
Speaker 5: Off, so I mean, I know we have a couple of days and a couple of guys are moving around a bit, which is good.
Speaker 2: JP's going. I think Jack's going. This football season is gonna be a bear, yo, It really will be. It's gonna be it's gonna be awesome. But shit just goes fast, man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And a lot of a lot of conversations being had here in the office just to like tease the tease of future stuff, Like a lot of really fun community content conversations are being had around for the dads in preparation for football season and beyond. And very excited for that too, Like that's gonna be a that's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, what'd you end up getting for Father's Day?
Speaker 2: Just super quick? Did I? I'll talk about this last week? Did we we? Oh we did a pre at for Father's Day?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, right, that's right. See, shit goes fast, it does, dude. It was a plus. I made the comment on Busting with the Boys. I was like, this could be a clean take for your boy. I'm kind of liking Father's Day more than I like my birthday. I could see, because Father's Day is universal. Yeah, It's like I love attention, but when all the attentions on you, it gets a little uncomfy. Like I love all the birthday wishes and everything else, but you're not saying You're just saying thanks. In response to everybody. But on Father's Day, all the boys that you're your dad's with and friends with, you're both saying fathers that Happy Father's Day, back and forth with each other. Yeah, kids are all about My wife's all about it. I woke up, so I stayed up watching I Will Find You till about twelve thirty one in the morning the night before show or movie show on Netflix. Awesome show, good show, Okay, good show. You and Wifey. That's a that's one. That's a good couple one to watch. It's a little thriller, suspense conspiracies.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: But I knew Charle was gonna let me sleep in a little bit. So I woke up the next morning around eight fifteen on my own come on with an iced Americanos sitting on the night stand with a little note for my wife wishing me happy Father's Day, saying she got the kids out of the house.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: You know, She's like, go get a work out in, do your thing. So then from about eight thirty to ten ten thirty, I'm out in the garage, solo dolo, just working out, getting a good sweat popatine fit. It was unbelievable and then they come home. We get the backpacks there. I mean they're already kind of ready to go, kids, ready to go. We go and get breakfast burritos over at Do Santos over in Wedgwood, Houston.
Speaker 2: We love going to that spot outdoors there.
Speaker 5: Do I go ask for breakfast Sico, DM, We asked for breakfast spot. I said, go to Dosanta, Yes, bro.
Speaker 1: Do Santos and if you got kiddos too, Like, it's perfect for Scott' Zilla, because Scott'szilla. She just doesn't fucking sit down. She doesn't stage, she doesn't sit the whole meal.
Speaker 2: She doesn't.
Speaker 1: You gotta let her run around. But do Santos. You go up to this window, get the breakfast burritos. But there's a big, you know, artistic hands that she can go and see. It's just an open space where she can just kind of run around eat her food. But we went and got breakfast burritos. Came home close to nap time. I took Rude to see Toy Story five. That's Charles stayed back with Scottie so she could do naptime and get some free time.
Speaker 2: That's kind of how I was setting it up.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can go take Rude to Toy Story five at one and you can have a couple hours of free time yourself. I come back home, Charlo didn't take any free time. She cleaned and organized my closet and that was honestly my favorite gift.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she.
Speaker 1: Organized cleaned my closet to where I can just walk in and it's just like nothing's on the floor. Like obviously stuff will probably gather on the floor a little bit, but as far as like getting like you know, notebooks, papers, boxes that held stuff like situated.
Speaker 2: And organized where it's just like a clean space. She did that. Then we picked up Answer.
Speaker 1: She had an Answer already picked up Answer ribs, Answer rips. They had an awesome like a prime rib. Yeah, they had prime rib, mashed potatoes, cream, spinach, soured nough bread.
Speaker 2: We uh. When I got home, we Rue and I swam in the pool.
Speaker 1: Scotti was messing around with mom Sarun and I had pool time. Charle got all the food ready from Answer and set it up. We ate, We ate outside and it was an a plus father's day.
Speaker 3: What a queen, dude. Yeah, man, that is a great father's Day. My first Father's Day really really good. Got to sleep in similarly like I'm at eight o'clock mark, and then Jill was playing music like pretty loud from the kitchen, but like really sweet songs like you know I wish, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They did now is that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same. I woke up at eleven thirty.
Speaker 3: That dude, if that had happened again, I would have been very sad. I actually would have been like somewhat matt Uh sleeping music playing music playing, went into the kitchen and she was standing there with uh Scarlett and they have the little card and the picture frame that Deke took that picture of it was like sure one best at ever, congratulations.
Speaker 2: And I didn't want to do this, but thank you. Uh.
Speaker 3: And then they got me this watch which I freaking love it. And I had like a little engraving on the inside of it, which could be the lesson of the week. I had a lesson of the week. But uh, life is not measured in but in moments. I love that to my dad from Scarlett on his first fallow.
Speaker 2: That's big time she has you. She gotbed had some side hustles to get.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, I said, I said, Jill, I see what you mean about how I could maybe do a better job on the Mother's Day stuff.
Speaker 2: Like yes, she said, exit she set the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, here's how you do it, I said, started eating my pancakes and bacon and going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could have done a better job on the Mother's Day.
Speaker 5: I didn't come over here and I go will Did you see Sherman's major award? He won Best at Ever? And will without miss b who voted? Because I didn't get the I didn't get the vote. Are they going to do a recount.
Speaker 2: Or won an award? Best dat Ever? Who voted? Yeah? Who voted? Well? Where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Was it like an option where it's like Willie and Sherman because we do a dad podcast together.
Speaker 2: They didn't do.
Speaker 1: That, but yeah, you learn how to do Father's Day, Mother's Day? Oh yeah, I wish I had Mother's Day back. That's when we were coming back from that wedding, and so I had to kind of cram it in like I did solid and putting it all together.
Speaker 2: But just a full day of celebration. Yeah, full day of like you're gonna do you? I got you, And I know what.
Speaker 3: You mean about Like I weirdly kind of feel that way about Father's Day too, now now that I've experienced it. We had a funny little like text thread at the very end of Father's Day.
Speaker 2: We were just texting each other, going, they look at us, man, Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Then you get to engage with all the yeah guys, you think highly of guys who've been father figures in your life, my dad. You just get to shoot out messages saying Happy Father's Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have like work acquaintances type people reaching out and saying Happy Father's Day. That I could say, dude, Nick sent me a text say it back, Nick Hallett. Yeah, it wouldn't And I forgot to respond to him.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be an episode of four the Dads if we didn't bring up Nick Hallett.
Speaker 2: I thought he said Happy Father's Day, Willie because Nick walked out of the hospital wearing six boom. Was that that was Nick? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah boom twice So on Sunday he texts, Happy Father's Day, Willie.
Speaker 2: You're a good one.
Speaker 1: Thanks for making the fourth of Dad spot and brand I forgot to fucking respond to him.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you were waiting and as he's.
Speaker 1: Listening, it's like, oh, Will just sending out happy Father's Days to people, and they couldn't high.
Speaker 3: Quality dads that you're getting the well written, structured.
Speaker 2: I got to have these thin high These are like I'm talking dupt dads out there, man. But I was like text.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, because he texted the next day on Monday around two pm, and he just responded to his text and goes just kidding.
Speaker 2: I laughed and I was like, man, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I was literally singing your praises yesterday too, and I forgot to text back like one of those ones where he text and it just takes your mind.
Speaker 2: And dude, Nick, blah blah blah. Yeah. And then I just my god, dad, brain dad, brain, nikky boy, dad brak Hey, Nikki boy, we love you.
Speaker 1: I told him he's got to come on, did you because I want to say we talked about on the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did. We hates his voice too much. I'ment I can mute him, do it like a thing. Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, he would be great. He would be great, he'd be phenomenal. Yeah. But Nick, Happy Father's Day, man, Happy.
Speaker 3: Father's Day to every all the dad's out dads happy, blayd.
Speaker 2: Great, so great, so great, soad, Take out.
Speaker 3: The trash, take up the trash like subscribed he had the jury vacation you as well.
Speaker 2: Thank you how far Man