Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Rich Levins with Caroline Hepcat and we're joined by Bloomberg's clone Malay Chlarie. Thank you for coming in. Easy Jet, they seem to be in the middle of a surprise bidding war. Tell us what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've got a potential bidding war on our hands with EasyJet. So a polo came out this morning with a higher offer than Castle Lake for easy Jet, a five point seven pound offer. At the beginning of the week, it looked very much set in stone that Castle Lake would be a buying EasyJet after winning the airline over with a fifth takeover bid. But there was a bit of a surprise twus this morning, and now Castlelake needs to look at this latest offer from a polo and figure out whether it makes sense to come back and bid even higher. Castle Lake still retains a possible edge because it was granted access to Easyjet's books following the latest bid, so it has that information. And then Apola also hasn't sorted out yet the European partner that it needs because that's what European and UK rules require for a takeover. So we'll be keeping an eye on all the developments are there. But easy Jet shares have sowed this morning on the back of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so that on EasyJet really interesting bit of m and A. Meanwhile, there's a new big shareholder full Vodafone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Vodaphone is up very very strongly this morning, so it's biggest shareholder. Emirates Telecom agreed to sell its entire sixteen percent stake in Vodaphone to the French billionaire Xavignielle. Means that Neielle now becomes the biggest investor in the company. He's very familiar with the telecom market already. Nielle hold telecom assets around the world pretty much, and for Voteraphone, this comes at a very interesting time. It has this ongoing strategy of refocusing on the UK market and the German market and divesting from the less profitable markets around the world. So that's really reshaping that European telecom sector, which has been struggling for a few years now because of very intense competition and very fragmented markets, and Voteraphone has said that it looks forward to engaging with Niell as a supporting long term shareholder and the shares of responding very well this morning, as I said, very much soaring at the open.
Speaker 3: And away from those two big corporate stories of the day, it seems that recruiters are also having a good time. Why are they also rallying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so recruiters are in the green today, which is not where they usually are. So recruitment companies have been having quite a tough time lately because of course we've had very low company confidence, meaning that hiring plans have been really much, very much put on hold, kind of a cross sectors, and of course we've got this AI threat, the potential for AI replacing some jobs. But today there was a very positive update from the recruitment company Hayes in the UK. It said that I saw improvements in a lot of those markets and expects earnings to come in at the top end of expectations. And so that relief has spread across the entire sector. We've seen Randstad, a Deco page group all of those names up in the green. This is an interesting tech sector to watch, and you know, not to plug my own stuff, but I did write this week about this and about recruiters trying to move with the AI boom and changing their strategy accordingly. So really refocusing on advertising for very niche roles that are you know, things like AI trainers, all of those roles that are in very strong demand in the AI economy, and moving away from some markets that are weaker, including the more junior end of the market where there's a lot more AI displacement.
Speaker 3: So it's very interesting.
Speaker 2: The stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us through out the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.