Speaker 1: Get your hands together and we're gonna start to party and.
Speaker 2: Start part I'm reading a party.
Speaker 1: The Elvis Duran after Party.
Speaker 3: It's the weekend.
Speaker 4: Don't you dare step foot in a theater or stream anything until Juju Green tells you what to stream and what to watch.
Speaker 3: Hey, Juju Green, welcome to the weekend. How you feeling.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling pretty good.
Speaker 5: A little under the weather, but you know what, man, I'm always feeling better when I got things to watch. And you know, everything's always fun when we have something to watch.
Speaker 4: There's nothing better than just sitting on the couch, you and a box of Kleenex. That sounds weird. Make sure you lock the door, all right, So let's start to theaters. What do you loving this week?
Speaker 3: Juju?
Speaker 5: All right, if you're not feeling like me, I got two things for you to watch. The first thing, it's actually a very very big thing. We have The Smashing Machine from eight twenty four, directed by Vince After and starting to Wayne the Rock Johnson.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you guys have heard about it. It's Doayne the.
Speaker 5: Rock Johnson in a role of a lifetime. It's as we've never seen him before. Usually we see rock the Rock. He's very charismatic and it's almost like he's playing a version of himself, but here he's completely disappearing into a role for the first time ever.
Speaker 2: Rupert has it.
Speaker 5: He got a twenty minute standing or Novation at TIFF because of this performance.
Speaker 2: So this is something that he's probably.
Speaker 5: Gonna get a lot of awards consideration for. So I think it's something that we definitely should be checking out.
Speaker 4: You know, we love him, We've always loved him, but he's always been in more whimsical roles and fun roles and tough guy roles.
Speaker 3: But this one is totally It's a total departure.
Speaker 6: He looks totally different. I had to do a double take, like, is that actually him? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So what did you think? And what you walked out thinking? Well, I gotta tell everyone else about this obviously, What was it that made you say that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: I think it's just it's just so different than what we've seen him in before. Right, Not only does he look completely different, but we've never really seen the Rock in a soft spoken role, and to see the dichotomy between a man who is so soft spoken but it's in this sport that is extremely violent and feels like he can't leave this sport that is extremely extremely violent. It's almost like you're watching a very tragic tale of a like some sort of Greek hero who can't stop the path that he's on. And to see the Rock right like, as you know, you love the Rock and everything that he does, but we just see a different side of his acting talents. And that's something that whenever you walk out of a movie, you go we got to tell people to kind of like see this because how often do you get to see in real time a very popular actor making departure from what they're like doing all the time.
Speaker 3: Do you buy in?
Speaker 4: I mean, do you actually buy into this character? Does he achieve what do you set out to achieve?
Speaker 2: I think he more than sets out to achieve with this.
Speaker 5: What you know, I think like as soon as you saw the trailer, you know this was going to be something special. And when you walk out of this, you just want to see more roles like this that Dwayne takes on. And he's actually gonna be doing this pretty soon in a Martin Scorsese movie, of all things.
Speaker 2: And we know that Martin.
Speaker 5: Scorse knows that knows how to get the best performances out of his actors. So I think after you walk out of this movie, you're gonna want more, and.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get more from Dwayne Johnson. It rolls like this, all right.
Speaker 3: It's smashing machine Dwayne Johnson, he had the rock ectomy.
Speaker 6: And did you say Ben Saftie is the person directing this he is. That's the bad guy from Happy Gilmore too right.
Speaker 2: It is literally the Doodoo Breff guy from Happy.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh God, this is such a weird film.
Speaker 5: Really good he does actor, he's a great director. He's also director on cut Jones. It's it's crazy the range this man has in life.
Speaker 3: Love that, all right? What else you got?
Speaker 5: What I also have? Is actually a directorial debut from someone else that we all love. Scarlett Johansson makes her directorial debut with Eleanor the Greats, which is a movie from Sony Picture Classics, and it starts June Squib And I don't know if you guys are what I was so familiar with June Squib. She's ninety seven years old, I believe, and she's putting in one of the best performances of the year. It's about a older woman who has a best friend who passes away, and so she moves with her daughter to Manhattan and she's trying to adjust when she makes friends with a young journalist who wants to tell the story of her life because she is a Holocaust survivor. Now, there's a big twist in the movie that I won't spoil, but the fact that this is Scuadrol Hans's directory of debut is something that we all should keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: I watched the movie.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of moments that will make me, that will make you cry because of the subject matter, because of the performances, and you know, Scodro Hanson just really brings a very empathetic and a heartfelt view to this character, to this story, and it's just one of those films that I think we should be like looking at right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the name of the film again, Eleanor the Great?
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's Scarlett Johans and directing and of course starring in Eleanor the Great, And of course it's set in Manhattan. Do they show Manhattan in a goodlight? Because I always want to.
Speaker 5: Know, Oh yeah, yeah, definitely. I mean, Juice Squid doesn't always talk about it. In the best light, but they don't. You don't really see like the Great Gride of Manhattan, so it's kind of romanticized in a way. They show there's a really great scene at Cody Island that will make you if you haven't been to New York, it would make you go to New York.
Speaker 2: So you don't have to worry about that there.
Speaker 3: Okay, good.
Speaker 6: I have a question about a movie that's been out I think for a couple of weeks at this point, and I thought it was going to get so much attention, and it doesn't seem to have gotten any Have you seen in whose name?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, then never mind.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: It's the Kanye West documentary.
Speaker 2: First time I've heard about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, this the Kanye documentary.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the documentary with the kid that followed him around for six years and had like three thousand hours of footage of him.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I wanted to know what people had to think about.
Speaker 4: That he was a part he was a part of his camp and yeah, got in the insight. I want to see that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's sounds a lot like the plot that I recommended, Like a couple of weeks ago Lurker but real life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, now where are you taking us?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: So we're going to streaming now, And as you guys know, it is spooky season that just started yesterday.
Speaker 2: We're now in October second.
Speaker 5: So if you want something that will kind of like scare you, but something that's kind of like a I don't want to call it an oldie, but goodie, it's still a fairly recent movie. I just rewatched it last night because it's on HBO Max the Stevin King adaptation starring Bill scars Gard as Painty Wise the Clown.
Speaker 2: This is a great movie.
Speaker 5: Guys like, I don't know what was the last time you revisited this movie, but it's so freaking good. There's so much more than just the scares of this movie.
Speaker 2: I don't like clowns.
Speaker 1: I like spooky stuff, but clowns.
Speaker 3: That's all the more reason why you should know watch it. I know clowns here.
Speaker 2: So it was definitely to face fears.
Speaker 5: This is this is the time to face your fears. Plus it's a great performance. Plus I will say that even though it is spooky, it's still a great coming up age story. There was just beautiful moments of kids just like in a quarry, just playing, like you know, just standing up for each other. There's also this really great moment where they make fun of new kids on the block. Any like horror film that makes fun of new kids on the block.
Speaker 2: I'm with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, faces Daniel see it?
Speaker 5: Ugh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chapter on ed Chapter two? Why not it America? Oh yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: Don't sleep ever?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, who cares?
Speaker 5: Then we can come back here at six thirty in the morning and talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, do you have anything else for us today?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a movie that I saw.
Speaker 5: I want to say it was a couple of months ago, but I think this is the first time it hits streaming.
Speaker 2: It's called The.
Speaker 5: Surfer and it starts Nicholas Cage and it is a psychological thriller horror if you could categorize it as at but imagine a horror film primarily set on a beach in Australia during the day, right, And it's about this American man who moves to Australia and all he wants to do is go and surf. However, the locals are very much like part of this strong rule that the beach only should have locals only. So they do everything that they can to gas like this man, to mess with this man psychologically, physically, and it will make you feel like you're going crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a hell of a ride.
Speaker 5: The villains are absolutely insane, and Nicholas Cage just puts in one of those performances that just he's really good at playing like I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Speaker 2: When you watch the movie. Yeah, So The Surfer is a good one, all right.
Speaker 4: So if you're gonna be streaming and screaming if you want for the season it it's all about clowns, Danielle, face your fears.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Also the Surfer, I want to see that Nick Cage picked on on an Australian beach. I want to see some of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And of course in the theaters you have Smashing Machine with Dwayne Johnson without the rock and eleanor the great Scarlett Johansson directing in acting.
Speaker 1: And is The Lurker available yet? Because I had it was on pre order when I look last on you know, to stream.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think it's available ads, But I'll keep checking for that one because I do I do love that film very much.
Speaker 2: It's at my top ten of the year so far.
Speaker 3: And I'll say, Juju, the movie I'm waiting for is Frankenstein. I cannot wait to see this. Yes, have you heard anything this week?
Speaker 2: So next week? Sorry, but I will let you know next week about that.
Speaker 4: It looks so beautiful. I cannot wait to see that and one of my favorite stories of all time. Absolutely absolutely uh Juju Green of course every week with us telling us what we should and you never tell us what we shouldn't see, So we'll just see what you tell us to see.
Speaker 5: You know what, we can create a whole we can create a whole segment on that or what you should see. I got a list for that.
Speaker 4: Nord you should see also known as straw Head, Goofy all over, TikTok and here and everywhere. Thank you so much, Juju. We appreciate it, and have a great weekend. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Everybody a watch get Wrecked with Straye Goofy here on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Feel better by.
Speaker 3: The way, I just realize we're not here next week, so there.
Speaker 4: Is no Oh yeah, we're giving you the week off to recoup.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you so much. We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks guys, thanks for.
Speaker 3: Watching the films. We appreciate that. We love it.
Speaker 1: Elis Ran after party