Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning. Everybody's stee j n V.
Speaker 4: Just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud we are the Breakfast Club lawn.
Speaker 2: The roses here as well, and.
Speaker 4: We got a special guest in the buildings of rob for now.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother? How doing?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: I can't say see you without saying what the helly?
Speaker 1: Y'all know?
Speaker 5: Right, everybody greet you like that?
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, I been ignoring them, say that we should have ignored you last night. I seen you at the Indiana Pace a game a couple of nights ago, and my knicks lost, and I blame it on you. Why are you blaming everybody in that building? Fifty gets blamed to everybody gets blame. Yeah, y'all was all bad luck for my knicks.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: Y'all was all bad luck that day.
Speaker 4: That makes me too, That was all bad luck that day.
Speaker 2: Damn. But what did you become a pacers fair? Huh? When I said, what the helly man? When he when he was like, man, I'm like fuck with you too, Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he gave me free diggers, he gave you free tickets from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, Buffalows gave me some tickets last night. Though we got some ship going on.
Speaker 3: You gotta do a bubble of wings bots hopefully.
Speaker 2: What the hell of Helen? What is called? I know because I'll be getting the hunting hunt and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so say with the habernarrow.
Speaker 2: With thebarre, we go exactly, shout out Buffalo, congratulations on that speaking exist, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Big one, make you say, what the hell?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 5: Is this all crazy?
Speaker 6: Because I know the song with the helly it was kind of like just a song you had y'all playing around in the studio and then it's so, I mean, all your songs are big, but like it had such impact and kind of was like this song you put out there.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. I know the song was gonna be good, Like we knew as soon as we made it. We made it on the streak like two minutes away in New York for real. It was on to a man Skiller. It was Skiller session and wind up going up and was making some songs with him, but he had got tired. I'm like, stay he wound up believing. So I wound up doing like three songs and they wound up being with the hell.
Speaker 3: Why'd you end up shotting at all the random people at the end of the song.
Speaker 2: I wasn't random with bullshit like we was bush and laughing, like just saying anything, coming out with your own with the helly like how people were doing. Now. I was just coming up with my own, like what the hell of Jean like all that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know why when I hear that song, I think a juvenile.
Speaker 7: That's something Julie would have did back in the day, you know, take a take a phrase.
Speaker 3: Everybody saying.
Speaker 2: I was, I was thinking about that, and I was. I was kind of comparing it to it. But I'm thinking about it, bro, I can't compare that to hunh he was wrapping his ass. No, no, yeah, playing on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't comparing. I'm just saying that the style of it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Not for sure? Did you expect it to be that big, that fast? I ain't gonna lie, brother, I really did. I can't. I swear to guy. My partners already knew he dropped it on.
Speaker 4: I remember right before that weekend, but that weekend DJs was already playing with it.
Speaker 2: It was going crazy. You know, it's funny. It was me six months before. I think I took so long to drop it. I stopped believing in it a little like I was dropping. I dropped like two singles and I'm like, man, were playing, we ain't drop what the hell, let's just do it? And we just did it, and it it was what we thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like now you got a nine figure buffalo while wings deal. See what I'm talking about six counting your money? You did have to count your money, right, let me fly out?
Speaker 7: What did you have to let go of personally in order to let yourself fly on this album?
Speaker 2: Just think, like I said, like thinking about myself, like man, it's stop believing this song and stuff like not believing in myself. And I was just like forget it, Like, man, whatever happens happens. You're a busy if you do your bus if you don't like you know.
Speaker 3: So you was at the point where didn't believe in yourself.
Speaker 2: I didn't believe in myself. You know, when you keep coming with him, it's like, man, can I come with another one? Like you gotta be real with yourself like some at some point. So that's what it was. On that's what I was on now.
Speaker 4: I wanted to go back to you. He told me, what the helly before that? You did a bunch of remixes on that. Yeah, so the people call you for the remix, you reached out to them because you went all left right.
Speaker 2: You did the b boy, I reached out the one person who was that and that was heard. But Herd had his remix done three months before with the Helly drop Like he heard the song and toises with me. I'm like, man, listen to this song. He's like, man, I said, that's the song I was telling you about. He wound up doing it like the next week. I didn't even I really need to tell him about it, remind him. He just did it and Justin just sent it. I called Justin one day like, man, you might well get on the remix. He sent it to me. Call you and just be hanging out. We be talking to sh but he called me. He just while I was on the phone. He's like, man, taking message. I had already did it and a lot of us and her ship I ain't. I ain't like everybody just did it on the offer.
Speaker 5: So the DM with Justin Bieber, I was like promo like he had already done.
Speaker 2: N that was like that's what I'm saying, that's why to him, like you might well do it. Everything is real, like I put I'll be putting it in real time.
Speaker 6: Like that's fire. Justin Bieber had DMed him like okay, I didn't know if y'a knew that, but I didn't. Just he just had m him like a line from the song, and I thought it was just like promo for the remix that he was going to do.
Speaker 5: But that's it was just yeah, it.
Speaker 7: Was what was it a song on let Me Fly that scared you to record because it felt too honest?
Speaker 3: Hit Me and mom Me mom? I knew me Mama.
Speaker 2: I recorded hit Me Mama and toime squad.
Speaker 3: Finn Wow, what was that record meaning to you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, at the moment, I really recorded it like laying in the bed like and then I had I wanted to finish it in like three months later, like, but I was scared to finish it because I didn't want to get that deep like.
Speaker 3: You feel me what you mean?
Speaker 2: Talk like I was saying some stuff or nothing like that I wouldn't normally say, like all live so is.
Speaker 1: It because you were too vulnerable in your opinion, like.
Speaker 2: Something, I don't even want to come to that. I don't even want to come to the realization like I said something like, Mam, I lost my mind, Like I feel like I lost my mind, but I never say it out loud. You feel what I'm saying because you don't want to come to that realization, like like stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna front. That's probably my favorite version of Rob for nine.
Speaker 2: You think I appreciate you, you know, me doing the same thing. Who mek, It just takes me the same thing, Like, man, I didn't know you was coming Like this.
Speaker 3: Make you want to recall more records like that.
Speaker 2: Just to That's how I came rapping though. When I started rapping, I was like I was in a deep depression, like and I start rapping like that, rapping about what I was going through, and they didn't want to hear that, so I just start you know what I be on you.
Speaker 7: Know, you know, let Me Fly. The title sounds like a like like a cry for freedom.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, That's how I feel. Like, Like I said, we coming with back to back to back to back, even when you think you're not gonna come to that, even coming to another one, but they still play you like you ain't like one of them. Like if I'm I'm saying, I feel like man as I wur turn like, it's the young it's the young people turn like like let us fly, not just me.
Speaker 8: You you said you used to think rappers were lying, right, but now the true rapper.
Speaker 3: You know they're lying.
Speaker 2: I got I got a little more respect for him. I got a little more respect for the rappers that came up before me.
Speaker 1: But do you still feel that way about some of them be lying?
Speaker 8: I don't know what was one of the most surprising truths that you found out about the industry since you've been in it.
Speaker 2: Not even the surprising thing, but like the people that I listened to, that was one that they wound up being the ones who was really, like you feel what I'm saying, ritter than one. So yeah, that's one. That's one of the truths I loved about it.
Speaker 4: And have you spoke the skill of Baby recently?
Speaker 2: How he doing? I texted him now that day. You know he's probably going through some more stuff. You know what I'm saying, just let him have his moment not to get his mentor right. It was soon on baby Boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, The Killer Baby Yeah, And you said, you know this album is feel like freedom. So what made you feel like I guess cage the most. Was it your your life or your career?
Speaker 2: Now? Really like really like I really got out of this, But I was just searching for validation from like from like people who we looked up to coming up, like you feel what I'm saying. And I came to the realization like I don't care, like we're gonna be the new ones and we're gonna we just gonna handle it how we supposed to handle it, right, And that's how I feel about it.
Speaker 3: Who's you seeking validation.
Speaker 2: From like this? I'm just saying, like like bigger artists, like you know, like not even validation far as like you know, like when all the younger people was coming up before us, like how they made superstars, Like I feel like I feel like like we ain't we ain't really got like that right now, we ain't really got that.
Speaker 8: It's the same in a bunch of different industries. So I'm a stand up comedian to stand up the greats before me. I at one point, wanted to live up to what I thought they expected or what the standard was.
Speaker 2: Of exactly right.
Speaker 8: But we knew school, so we do ship differently. We got famous differently, you know what I mean. We have we shot like up. Our platform grew with the help of the Internet, which a lot of them didn't have.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's it's like that in all arenas, all industries.
Speaker 2: What got you over that though?
Speaker 4: Where you didn't feel like you had to I had a validation or did you get the validation you need it?
Speaker 2: I just I don't know, bro, I just woke up one day it was like I want to step on everybody at the neck. And I dropped with the hell that next week and then we just start stepping on that.
Speaker 3: And then what you saw more more rap niggas acting like you the little Wayne exactly. That did something for you too.
Speaker 2: They was doing that.
Speaker 7: That's when you know, I guess it's your generation. That's a line that he has on the requid.
Speaker 2: Picture for sure. Now they've been doing that.
Speaker 3: You really bought fifteen year whips in a year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not just my not just my cause oh okay, okay, okay, okay, my mama caused my sister's cause I got me like call.
Speaker 3: And who the rest want to? I don't say you're buying these women calls?
Speaker 2: I got a girl a car, eight, girl said girl. I said, not eight. They're about to put you in the roast. Boy like.
Speaker 1: I said, you got a girl?
Speaker 5: He does?
Speaker 1: He talked, He talked about it before you know what you asked him, like you know if it was true?
Speaker 3: Fifteen cases a lot, yeah, a lot of cars. What kind of cause though? Let me let me make maybe mm hm.
Speaker 2: Prison to to escalate one on time? Hold co hell cat gee wagon, h Lincoln mm hmm. What's a lot of calls about? Right there?
Speaker 3: That's to make sure you rap cap.
Speaker 2: I see the most expensive cause?
Speaker 3: But everybody got a car?
Speaker 1: What buffalo?
Speaker 5: While?
Speaker 1: When was you about to buy houses?
Speaker 3: We got a couple houses too, I got a couple of houses.
Speaker 2: My mom, my mom been getting my rested right.
Speaker 6: I was going to ask you how because you and your mom have really like your relationship online and like the videos you post, how does your mom feel about like when you drop songs like hear me Mama, and like you're more vulnerable because you.
Speaker 2: Know everything I'm saying facts, So she'd be like, damn, like how you She'd be asking me something, how you put that in the on the beat? Like how you really made our real life on a beat? She'd be asking me that she here you can asks you too.
Speaker 7: You know you rap about the survival and trauma and loyalty, the success make you soft?
Speaker 3: Are you just learning to be more vulnerable?
Speaker 2: I really was an outgoing person because I always liked helping people, like, but now I'm on some shit like, man, everybody don't deserve my kindness, so I'm really at the state of my life, Like, man, I really got to back up from everybody, like honestly and not letting nobody take your joy, just be quiet, like and you save your joy for people who don't deserve it. So that's what I'm on for, Like right now.
Speaker 7: I used to be kind You feel like the city is caught up with you yet New Orleans like what just in general because you blew up, You blew up you know pretty quickly. Right, you feel like they've caught up yet, like we have real love for you.
Speaker 2: They got is the biggest in New Orleans before I made a song, before I made it big, like a hot song. I just sold out the arena, like how jay Z said out arena. I sold out of arena in New Orleans by myself. Fifteen dollars people did the hot I was there not before.
Speaker 5: That, even there feeling it and being in New Orleans and seeing I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that was that was cool.
Speaker 2: It's just like I wouldn't say that was like because they got their own fan base, so they wasn't really a turn for me, and it was funny to me.
Speaker 5: I felt like that. But maybe because I'm not from there, I felt like it was.
Speaker 2: But you gotta come in one of my shows. You would be like, no way he got this like like this, I got videos I showed you like this is I just felt like the hot boys they like like they got their own stuff on. You know what I'm saying, what your relationship with with I forelt with everybody in New Orleans, Like I'm ready to one of New Orleans. I can't stay there. If I stayed there, it's not gonna be a good out there for me.
Speaker 8: You open up a lounge called that, Yeah, congratulations, Where did the name come from?
Speaker 2: That's vulture? Vulture be putting like vulture all.
Speaker 1: My stuff often you there.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. I used to be going back there a lot, like, but I just feel like I'm gonna get in trouble. So I just had to like back up for real, because I know this already. I know when you're doing good. It's on that matter of time.
Speaker 7: But that's what I mean, right, Like sometimes your city knows you a big deal, but they don't see your elevation, like the same Rob point nine from ten years ago, like you ain't a little more.
Speaker 2: They definitely see my elevation. Everybody see it. Like I ain't gonna lie. I was elevated before I made it, like I'm telling me, like my mails, my male was coming to my shoes and stuff like like I was already that like and like I went down, you know, like y'all, I I was scared to do, y'all. I was scared to do, y'all. A boy myself, I was being quiet when Skiller was here.
Speaker 1: Life for real, And it's skill of like to talk a little bit more than you, more than you.
Speaker 2: You're scared nothing, just like you know what's funny, bro, I'm gonna sit this right here, and it's gonna be the craziest moment in my life. I remember sitting in my bed like I probably had a thousand followers. I'm like, man, when I'm make it on a breakfast club, that's the day you made it, rob, Like just just accepted that day. That's crazy, Like this is my day.
Speaker 7: You work for it, you deserve it absolutely. When you're listen back to let Me Fly. Five years from that, what do you hope you don't relate to anymore?
Speaker 2: And I won't relate to none of it. I just won't. I won't be so out of touch with the world, like I don't want to be having about music no more, Like I just won't be living my life off instrementals like I'm telling you, like in six seven years, I'm about to run his bag up so big, and six seven years I want more to Italy, probably me and my girl, like probably have a little house with my mom and them, and just be off the grid.
Speaker 5: Like songs at that point.
Speaker 2: Probably for fun sometimes, like I ain't trying to make it like I ain't that Italy. I don't know. I like the water a lot, and I don't want nobody to know me, like nobody when they recently had a good ass time. Now I went to London and had a good time. So I was thinking about Italy. If what I'm saying, I'm thinking that's further than London. I know that's gonna be crazy. So yeah, twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 1: Six, twenty six, and you already talking like that.
Speaker 2: I really want to do it now basketball money, like three four hundred million old, I'm retiring with like what is it?
Speaker 3: The fame?
Speaker 2: The fame, I ain't even that. It's just like I just bro I don't like society. I don't like society. It's the social media.
Speaker 5: Always been like that or this is because I've.
Speaker 2: Always been like that for I ain't really like social media and shit me being on social media, like I be feeling like I'm doing cool for shit on so medial type of shit went in real life. I'm really that nigga, Like you feel what I'm saying because I don't know how to work it like too much.
Speaker 1: Like so yeah, you're just being real, like you feel me.
Speaker 2: If I post my one of my niggas, tell me I posted in the studio me me want to be fat and hot boy and little shipment. I was so turned, you know, I be I laugh and I punched it, i'd be doing all a lot one of my niggas like, man, you can't be doing that on the internet because you know people are taking a different way and I'm not even that. Not even that then, like he's just trying to save me because he don't want them to have nothing, period. And I understood it. But I'm like, you just want to be you. But I'll just be being me. I'll be being real for real, like this is really me. Like but even like stuff like that made me be like I won't be on it, and like I f around, say, somebody.
Speaker 4: Supposed to say this, Like what does bird Man say to you? I know you got a good relationship with bird Man? Does he guide you? Does he help you all?
Speaker 2: He just called me yesterday, he like, man, you're doing it right. I'm so proud of you. Like I always knew he was the one. He just told me all the male chain yesterday too rich because.
Speaker 7: I remember last time you said you said you were supposed to the sign with bird Man, but you didn't do it because you you was facing the viction.
Speaker 3: And you needed that money.
Speaker 2: I needed the money right then and there for sure. But I ain't gonna lie. You want He always told me I was gonna be the one handline.
Speaker 6: Have you been in a position to renegotiate the deal that you have me you work with him now or is it still like you.
Speaker 5: Have the situation.
Speaker 2: I'm good with the people that believed in me from the jump.
Speaker 8: Did you tell me he was coming up here today?
Speaker 3: You ever asked him about that or not?
Speaker 2: Funniest ship, funniest ship man. Damn.
Speaker 7: So when y'all have conversations now, does he ever bring that up? Like, damn, you ain't want to sign with me?
Speaker 2: But hell, I wanted to sign with him, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said that was the dream.
Speaker 2: I flew to his house and everything. He just I just needed the money right there, and he understand like he knew because I told him. Mm hmm, thank so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was where I'm from A hard record to record. That was another one. You was being vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Really, It's just like I was really just talking that day. I remember that day. I'm happy. I can't like stuff like that. I'd be happy when I had them type days when it just flew out, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, it was I ain't thinking too much on that song.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about your dad being in prison.
Speaker 7: You talk about losing people close to you, how you haven't been the same since that, not for sure being looked at it.
Speaker 3: The children one from the city, which is a lot of pressure.
Speaker 7: Damn, damn people thinking you own because you were talking, Yeah, you're talking about addicted to pill.
Speaker 2: My mom and my daddy was was in jail at the same time. I was staying with my cousin.
Speaker 5: She could how were you.
Speaker 2: Be like twelve thirteen something like that, and even pills Like I used to always tell my friends, like, man, get off them pills. Bro. I wound up getting shot and I took a pill. I'm like, man, I just wounded up, but my mind is so strong. I wound up getting off him, but I could take him and whenever I want to, like you know what I'm saying, because I don't know. My mind just a little strong on everybody else mind.
Speaker 7: Honest though, you say I'm taking them drugs for the cold, but I'm trying.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Forgot I'd be taking them though.
Speaker 2: I'd be taking them, but it's just when I be feeling like it, Like like when I get on the plane, I do it one time or something like that. But I don't be doing like my nigga do it a little Dirk. Dirk brother called me one on my sleep and it was like stop, I had a bad dream and I just stopped taking you. Feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We said you had a dream dream.
Speaker 2: I don't know he had a bad dream. You told me what happened, but yeah, he told me, and I just stopped taking him like for like two or three months, Like cold.
Speaker 1: Turkey man, what's your relationship with Dirk?
Speaker 2: I don't really be talking to Dirt like do it to my do my nigga bands, my nigga like his nigga, my nigga, Like what I fuck with Dirt? Though I talked to him right before he went to jail. I just be letting niggas how they had they mond want of them niggas like invade somebody polercy.
Speaker 7: Like, yeah, I like what you said about you know, but not wanting to speak that type of sh into existence.
Speaker 3: But I'm honest.
Speaker 7: You said you don't see yourself growing old.
Speaker 2: Oh I said probably okay, but probably not.
Speaker 3: But you're planning to you don't want to move.
Speaker 2: You said you want to have kids, but I don't know, like if my health, Like I don't know like you feel I'm saying, that's for God to say, but I've been living. I don't know. You feel me, I said, probably not, Like that's just how we feel.
Speaker 6: Me Sometimes you feel like that things are so good right now or just you just don't know, just things going good.
Speaker 2: But I just seen like my whole family going, I've seen things turn.
Speaker 9: So probably not your health, like just like everything, like I don't I'm so used to, like, bro, I'm gonna just keep it a hunted like you know when you when you brought my whole family go, I didn't watch my whole family die like, so this is what I'm just used to mentally, even though it might be some.
Speaker 2: Fun up ship to say, like, but that's just that's just how I think. Like like even when I go to club, I think about death all dayly because so many people then died like in front of me. Like you feel what I'm saying. So that's just what I be thinking about.
Speaker 7: But the same way you the children for a city, you the chosen for your family because you could be the generational curse break for sure, I think I am, and.
Speaker 8: Then what about any type of therapy you never thought about sitting down talking to somebody professionally about.
Speaker 2: You told me through that ship.
Speaker 1: Oh worry if your girl is telling you to do it.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like there's too much. I can't talk to your people about what I'd be talking about, man, what I'd be thinking in my head.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point. If you find the right person.
Speaker 2: I don't trust nobody like that.
Speaker 3: If your girl wants you to go, you should go.
Speaker 7: You trust her, you think so, yes, because that means she sees something that you probably don't even see.
Speaker 3: Probably she probably see a lot.
Speaker 7: Of the unhealed trauma that you're trying to you know, bury put away or rap about.
Speaker 5: And she probably see the family you carry a lot.
Speaker 6: I'm sure she sees that she's in the health profession, right or you were going to be I was. You say it's called blousing, is how you said? Blessing, blessing un blessing. You talk about like your uncle being locked up and taking care of everybody. So I'm sure she's watching all of that too, Because then you talk about the pill was a game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. I gotta listen to him. She's smart too, so he's saying this I might do for real. I was just if I have my phone in here with Yeah, I was called the lady to call the lady who call this girl there. I was going to tell her set it up, is what I'm saying. Said like play all the man? He did not right, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Bro, I saw you a million dollars worth a game with Gillian Wallow. Yeah you said you pulled up on.
Speaker 2: Young Look at that. We're gonna man, You see what I'm saying, though, trouble for that one? I didn't, but I looked him like bad move. I ain't get in trouble or nothing like. They didn't call me about it or nothing like. But my in my in my my carriage time like bad move for me? Make it disappear. But for real, man, I'm like, make this ship dipped for real?
Speaker 3: How do you think let me fly builds on your your legacy? Did you try? Did you try to burn some of the old version of you there?
Speaker 2: Man, I'm just trying to rap for real. I want them to knock around.
Speaker 1: Long story shot, it's wild body about fact people.
Speaker 2: That's about a wild body.
Speaker 1: That's number nine.
Speaker 2: Play.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you playing.
Speaker 2: Funny as hell.
Speaker 6: You You you talked about on the Poor mind Spot Poor Minds podcast that you don't want to be a old dad for I.
Speaker 2: Want to care right now?
Speaker 1: Oh you mean you don't want to have a baby when you're too old?
Speaker 2: You know what? I want to care right now? I want. I want to walk in and my child gotta fight because his mama fine, like you feel me? They be like, man, your mama fine, like because she's young, Like, so you gotta fight, you gotta fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for his case, he still want to be the young dad.
Speaker 2: You feel.
Speaker 1: You know. So what stopped me?
Speaker 2: Not even God? I'm trying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if God said the same boy or girl, girl.
Speaker 2: Dad a healthy kid, I swear the guy that's crazy. I ain't used to think like that.
Speaker 3: You never wanted to kid.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, used to think like healthy kid. Like, but I see like that ship real like healthy kid. That's it. I just want a healthy kid.
Speaker 3: Make you want a child?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: You know you always hear women say y'all want a kid, don't want to kill? What make you feel like you want one right now?
Speaker 2: Just because I didn't? That was so much lost in my life. I want to build my family back up. That's dope. My whole family gone for real. Like my mama had four brothers, two sisters. Five brothers, two sisters, all of them dead, one of them alive, my uncle and here in jail, we all stay in the same house.
Speaker 8: So for that reason that you just said, that's why you have to break the generational curse. You know you still got You're still aware, very aware of what happened to your family. You don't want this to happen to you. You got to get out of that mindset. You got to change your mindset because you you're about to. You want to build a family, you know what I'm saying, And you want to have your own family because most of yours is gone, so you.
Speaker 1: Can do that.
Speaker 2: I'll be thinking about moving back to New Orleans for that reason too, bro, just because I want just like get a big house, like I called bard man, like man, send me you a house so my whole family can move in it. But I just know it's a bad move. But as bad as I just want my family so bad to go back.
Speaker 1: To it's a bad move to go back to bad.
Speaker 2: It's a bad move. Like yeah, it's a bad move, but a family, you feel me. I just asked my little sister, like, you want me to come home? Like like, hell no, I'll move them to where you are.
Speaker 3: Get that's the goal. The goal is to get the money that I know, but.
Speaker 2: They don't want to I got the money. They don't want to come.
Speaker 4: They're comfortable where they are.
Speaker 1: But they want you to stay away too.
Speaker 2: You feel me?
Speaker 7: And if your sister, if your family telling you, your family telling you to stay away, you gotta listen. That's the answer to talking to Do you ever expressing them the way you're expressing it us now?
Speaker 3: Like, man, yeah I.
Speaker 2: Just told that in the club. I wasn't though, I'm really trying to, like, bro, like I'm telling you like you feel me? Yeah, yeah, I'm a lit.
Speaker 1: Up excuse me, okay before you keep you mean like, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 3: I totally get it. Do you ever feel me too? Even I'm still.
Speaker 5: Because I'm like, I just messed up the mental health buy?
Speaker 3: But even though you're.
Speaker 7: Having all the success and you got all the money, do you ever truly.
Speaker 3: Feel not alone?
Speaker 2: Not alone for us?
Speaker 3: Like what cause you say you lost everybody?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Sometimes, man, sometimes a lot of times I do feel long though. Mm hmmm, damn, we ain't even talk like that. We can talk now, ain't about to talk like that because my man, I'll be trying to keep my ship clean, like my head, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then your girl will be like you fell alone, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, She's about the only one that makes like if I ever lose, like, that's gonna be the end of it. Like I'm be like bull ship fold like out here you feel me?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: What's you? Herbal relationship? You and Herbal relationship.
Speaker 2: That's my brother. That's my brother for sure. That's my real brother. He a real fan of me too.
Speaker 7: I heard you say that you Herbal was your favorite rapper. Yeah him Kerr Like yeah, that was my fear. Yeah, that's my thumb.
Speaker 3: You're really doing the album together.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to drop it like next month for Ghetto Boys, Ghetto Ghetto Boy, Neighborhood superstuff something like that was I too, him, I won't lock in for like one more week. Yeah, but it's it's that for sure.
Speaker 1: So you just dropped this album. Working on a dual album and then I'm.
Speaker 2: Working on two due albums, one called Youngest in Charge, like with all the young niggas, like right now, Liken Cho hot boy, why we feel shimm' that's the Youngest in Charge. I'm working on the one I heard and I'm working on my own called life for the Party? Was that?
Speaker 1: Why you push?
Speaker 8: You really setting up for retirement like you pushing out much like it's not so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to play.
Speaker 5: We definitely need that, all the young ones. We need that for the summer.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna be pullship music. It's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 7: I know her will be trying to get you to go to therapy because her a lot.
Speaker 2: He at the same time he wanted one the niggas I'll be talking to like some sense you feel me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, Herb, and can I do this thing called the Mental Wealth flex boar every year her Herbot came to that and spoke to the people and everything.
Speaker 2: Put me on. I'll come there for sure. I'm serious. That's your ship. Yeah, I'm coming.
Speaker 5: Whatever you want to come to speak or just to learn whatever you want me to do.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's interesting, you know, I hear you talking to interviews. Ever a moment in the studio where you gotta stop recording because you might be bringing down hell.
Speaker 2: No, okay, you know that type of ship. What happens is happened. It happened already like that. But I'd be stop and be I probably stop stop her while he recording, be like, bitch, you talking your ship like I ain't gonna I ain't gonna bring your I ain't gonna you know what I'm saying last year and nothing. Brother, But but he know I do him that. I'd be like, you know, you're the greatest rapp but but go ahead finished regarding like asks, We're gonna tell you like I do him that every time we in the studio, like no way you just came up with that.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 8: Healthy when other, you know, male rappers can tell like you just said me get you and said I know you was coming like that.
Speaker 1: You know, I think that's not for sure we're getting a tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, we're gonna get a tour. I was I was thinking about they want me going like a big tour, but I think I want go on my own little small tour.
Speaker 1: You know why, a little small.
Speaker 2: Just because I want I want people who like crazy fans of men with them like they got they got thirty minutes to get these tickets. Like you feel what I'm saying. And I don't care it's five hundred people. I just want them to be like out they out, they ship they saw me, Like, yeah, I don't know, but that's what that's the type ship. I'm like. I ain't I ain't trying to be the biggest rap but I just won't get this money and just get out the way. But I do want see my fans before I like be like, all right, I'm saying, like.
Speaker 3: You want to be intimate, you canna have like a real connection.
Speaker 2: You feel me something like that.
Speaker 7: What's the song you know that you've written, or even just a song a bar on this new album that you wrote when you were hurt, but when you perform it now you feel you feel healed?
Speaker 2: None of it, bro, I don't think I heard for none of it. I'm ready to perform it just so I could just feel it in my soul. You feel what I'm saying. I won't perform it without without noble lyrics on it. However, I want you feel me, yeah, something like that, so.
Speaker 3: You might perform it and the feeling in that moment like.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, like damn, Like I'm saying this like and I'm saying how I want. I don't know live music a little better than regularly is to me. I don't listen to regularly. I list live music like The Scissor Live, the Lauren Hill Live, and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You think you could ever do? Hit me, mam alive.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to do it. I was I was calling. I was calling my my label to let me do it live, like in the garden, in the garden with a band like something like that. That should be crazy. Why would like a garden? Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought you.
Speaker 2: That's too much. Yet you never know, they probably let me not hell not right now.
Speaker 3: You can feel the theater.
Speaker 2: Not right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can do the theater.
Speaker 2: I'm saying. They ain't gonna let me do nothing in the garden right now with the paces they want their money.
Speaker 7: Do you want to be remembered as as a great rapper, a street legend, or somebody who made it out and gave.
Speaker 2: The blueprint blueprint? Uh? You know, it's funny Like I used to be. I used to look at the I looked at the I think that was an l A Wilson And if you way, before I even made anything, I was on my way to school looking at it. And then Nigga was like, man, got to teach what's taught. And that's how I lived, Like That's how I lived my life, Like I feel like that was the relationship. He ever said, like, m hm, real.
Speaker 4: Now, one time you said you're not a rapper, you a hustler? Did that change now? But you're rapping now?
Speaker 2: Rapping is hustling. Why, That's why I'm here right now, and I ain't getting no sleep yet. Shit a hustle feeling real.
Speaker 6: People talk a lot about like your business acting man like you understanding the business and doing your own business.
Speaker 5: Where does that come from? Is that Mama four nine or me?
Speaker 2: I just I know how to get some money. I was a hustling in high school. I was selling weave before my mama knew. So I always had the mentality to get some money for myself. So I'll just be structuring it, right, that's it. I'm a little thinker, so that's probably it.
Speaker 4: What's the biggest misconception about Ralph or.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a TikTok rapper, be playing with that.
Speaker 5: I don't think songs are so big.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. But that's not my faults, y'all. That's just where you heard me at.
Speaker 6: What the hell is number one on the TikTok music charts But even before they get to the charts and all that, like, I'll be on your songs take over TikTok.
Speaker 9: That's y'all fault.
Speaker 1: That's your fault. You're making it.
Speaker 8: And then GQ named you the most raps most viral hit maker.
Speaker 2: Not for sure, I think that makes sense. Yes, even though that's crazy to me because I don't feel like I'm near it is where I want to be in life, like this is like two percent, like three percent. I want to get to the hundred. But it's like, man, I'm low key tired of this ship mixing mingles and bad images out here, Like I don't want none of that.
Speaker 3: Man, you don't got to do it.
Speaker 6: So if you could, you could be the best thing he ever told me. I'll be saying, notice, you got to do it.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny. You know I came here. I thought I was just doing ya the like, Man, you gotta man listen, I don't want none of that. Ship already, feel like I'll be saying too much.
Speaker 1: Like you feel me and don't be saying ship.
Speaker 2: Even like I feel like that's too much like.
Speaker 5: Man speaking parables.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's just I don't know, Bron, I feel like I'm saying too much.
Speaker 8: So if you could, you would be like a Kendrick. You know, he pop out every so often and he go back in here. You never see him doing no interviews, just the most we've ever seen him, you know, after you know that that beef with Kendrick, I mean Drake, Yeah, he the super Bowl. I felt like he was only seeing him do interviews and stuff like that because of the super Bowl and the new album and everything.
Speaker 3: But he's still only talking to his music. That's it, like one Apple music or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, one music interview.
Speaker 2: That's my dream. Careers Like you put great artists, you got millions of fans, You can sell out arena where you want to. You make good music to what everybody's just going to listen to when you drop it, and you ain't got to be in no mix. Like when you go to the arena, you go back and it's two of y'all. It could be two of your friend the arena while you go performing from all these people, like that's my dream career.
Speaker 1: That's what success is to you.
Speaker 2: Just calm, chill, like sometimes I won't get rashy.
Speaker 3: Like but not all the time now because you have to you.
Speaker 2: Fee what I'm saying, because I have to exactly.
Speaker 3: You're not too far from that though from that life.
Speaker 2: If you think I definitely am bro and think about you because I have to get ratchet because they know Ralphil is like bro, that dude gonna bring the vibes like, but you could.
Speaker 3: Do both and that's actually what a great artist is, like if I can listen to a song like hear me Mama, honest, I feel like Meeka.
Speaker 5: Is a good person.
Speaker 6: Talked about that too, because his songs that was like for the hood and like hype and people considered ratchet. It turned into energy music and football teams grabbed it, you know what I mean, Like he made that transition so well and that's where I see your stuff.
Speaker 7: So just the crazy part is though you got people you can talk to about that, like you're not talking with people one of the biggest in the world. I can talk to you, it's superstars from New Orleans, like absolutely, like he's a superstar, like internationally known superstars.
Speaker 5: And generations are living off of our songs.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something. I'll be trying not to do that because I'm so like mentally here want somebody tell me one little bitty thing. I don't like. I don't like you for life, so I try not to even you feel what I'm saying. Put you in that position and gave me no bad advice. Get me like you feel me like I try not even do that, brocause I just hold gruduus. That's it?
Speaker 3: Like what you mean? Like, what do they tell you something?
Speaker 2: Like if they tell me something, if I get a little vibe and they be like OK, and then I feel like you just tell me anything, like I'll never call you again.
Speaker 4: But they could be doing it out of love, like your man told you don't do this in the video and you ain't not.
Speaker 2: Even that like when they be like, yeah, young, just keep hustling.
Speaker 10: I just actuallyence, I got you.
Speaker 2: What do you tell? What do you tell?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: The younger artists coming up right now right came from a funked up situation like yours. But maybe that what what would you tell them?
Speaker 2: Man, keep going, bro, I'm going to tell you I finished. Don't look at keep going, don't look at none of the negative comments that people posting about you. Look at the positive ones. Don't don't listen to nobody saying, man, look at all the positive out it every situation and every situation as a gym. So that's what I mean by I keep going because I let people in my ear and and and made me feel like I couldn't keep going, like I had to stop for I ain't dropping two years like I ain't dropped since my mind. That was two years ago. And then I drived with the Heller and then it just went like I should have been doing that, like because I had what the heller when I had my momd like maybe it would have been bigger like so ship like that. So like, yeah, just keeping that. I know that, that's right exactly. That's That's That's what I mean. Me drop what the hell and ship too. I'm like, man, God, if God pick.
Speaker 7: It, he do mm hmm. You talk, you talk God in your music. So this is my last question for you. What's fueling you more now? Is it is it prayer or.
Speaker 2: Pressure prayer, prayer, prayers, feeling me like God fuels me. I asked him, I asked him to not give me what is called free will. I ask for no free will. I asked him to taking trail of my life. So that's it. Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 8: That's a great way to be questions because you already said like eighteen times I don't like talking to people.
Speaker 1: That's a sign. Hell out of here.
Speaker 4: Let me fly streaming right now, pick it up, and we appreciate you for doing I appreciate It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The breakfast Club.