Speaker 1: Look mare, oh, I see you my own and look over there is that culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, goodness, wow, lost cult.
Speaker 1: Ding dong lost culturistas calling.
Speaker 3: I just bodied today's Connections on the New York Times games app literally in fifteen seconds. While we were setting up for this, I was like, wait, just now, just now, record time, Whina Liu, you don't have it today?
Speaker 4: Can I say, I love how activated you get about these things?
Speaker 3: Honey, join the club. I mean you have to start playing Connections. Sometimes she tries it, Whina, Oh, well, I know you've really come for her before. Can I just say I have this obsession. We need to like do a cultural like examination of like Asian women at the New York Times because they are powerful. From Michiko Kakutani to Wina Liu, these women hold the keys.
Speaker 4: If you think that I forgot when you did an impression of Michigo Kokatani in your SNL. Did you actually do Michigo Kakatani for your SNL auditions?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I said this is for everyone.
Speaker 3: Eric Henward, producer Little Harvard guy, was like, I really liked her, Michiko.
Speaker 1: Damn. And I went in there and did Anthony and didn't book what do you know you didn't hander to the to the Harvard Boys.
Speaker 4: That was my rob That's my big issue was I can only be me a gay guy, white gay guy down with us all, but not our guests.
Speaker 1: But not our guest, can I say?
Speaker 4: First of all, just like catching up on music, I was side eyeing this Camilla era and now I'm bopping my head.
Speaker 1: I think he knows I want to play when I'm.
Speaker 4: Like that, I was side eyeing that era. I was side eyeing it. I actually refused to acknowledge it as culture. Now the second thing that's come out, and I'm like, maybe I think she.
Speaker 3: Knows well, you know, she is doing this thing really well, which is and they've talked about this on podcast Deluxe where they talked about pop music. I think we'd all like it. Everyone in the zoom. Yeah, they're like the thing with the Dua album And even though I adore the Dua album is it's slippery, there's no like meme mobility to it. Like it needs some edge, it needs some like it needs a rough service. It needs like serration, like a serrated edge.
Speaker 1: You know, Camila is very serrated.
Speaker 3: Yes, because like even from like I love it, I love it. I love it like even that is like, well.
Speaker 1: This is going to do numbers, you know. Do you did you see the clip of Lonna Delray weekend? Yes?
Speaker 4: Hello, this is last Culturistas. You are joining us in process, I only talk about Lonna Delray. This is called a Lonna Delray stand podcast. As of now you know she is nominated at the Culture Awards for Artists the Millennium and also Best New Artist. So this is an interesting turn for how you thought award shows could go and how nominations could go.
Speaker 1: But returning to the point.
Speaker 4: Did you see the second weekend of Coachella, Camula came out in the spot where Billy came out?
Speaker 1: So Ilana go is what I'm Referencingana goes, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it.
Speaker 4: And her like Lana sort of ghost whisper. It's actually a real culture number eighteen. La.
Speaker 1: That's a ghost Whispertesmas like Jennifer love you It before her.
Speaker 3: Like Jennifer loves you It before her. This is a Lana del Race dam podcast. This is also a Honeymoon stand podcast.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you, Oh my god, it sucks to say this because I don't think it sucks to say it. You know what I'm about to say, I don't think it's true. But I listened to this and I was like, finally, music, because there's been.
Speaker 1: So much music.
Speaker 4: But finally I was like, you know, and what I think I mean by that is I was like, this is taking you back to the seventies FM. This is very John Denver vibes. The vocal harmony. The man has the best voice in the business.
Speaker 3: If you thought he laughs, Oh a gay guy can't make a Judy Sill album. Oh a gay guy can't make a Paul Simon album. You're dead wrong.
Speaker 1: Here's what i'd say.
Speaker 4: Hey, stream Honeymond, you can now because it's out actually as hell.
Speaker 1: And here's the other deal.
Speaker 4: So today's actually an auspicious day bo because today, for the first time in Last Culturesa's history, we're doing a double episode release. Oh so if you're listening to this right now, after this, you can listen to our episode with Charlie XCX, who has an album coming up this weekend. But out right now is Honeymind, Honey Mind, And this is it's just it's music. What can I say, It's it's just if you put it on, you will feel every emotion. I was crying not but third five minutes ago to the song boy who hung the moon, boy who hung the moon, I said, to be in love. Oh, what's it like? Let's we can ask him. Well, we'll ask him. That'll be the first question.
Speaker 1: He's getting married, Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, having everyone's dream wedding. I'm sure now listen, he he knows, it's true.
Speaker 1: I think he knows.
Speaker 4: Anyway, listen, but he's a performing at the palace, he's at a residency right now.
Speaker 1: You can go. I'm gonna go next week. My mom is excited. I'm taking her, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And that would be a gift that you give yourself to go, because I mean every single time I've and by every single time, I mean I went to go see Parade twice because I just could not believe how fucking incredible that show was.
Speaker 1: Ray to me.
Speaker 4: That was that should have been the Tony win all respect, all respect, that's where that should have gone for me. But it did win Best Revival, and we love that. And I will say, just every single time you can see this person before you were, you are giving yourself a gift. So give your off a gift and go see him at the palace because just so good.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 3: We love him so much. Everyone welcome, and what.
Speaker 5: You guys, what's so nice? It's like being John Denver. Oh it's great, you know. Noah, it's the best.
Speaker 1: He is the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said he was gonna cameo. Yeah, he's on his way home right now. And so there'll probably be some barks from dog George and then so, okay, hello us from Noah at some point.
Speaker 1: So just don't get to a jarred by the bark barks by dog George. Well, speaking of.
Speaker 3: Your home, and I brought this up to you the last time we saw each other, Ben, But how does it feel to know that my dear mother mangs who has technically been inside your house?
Speaker 1: Wait, tell me? Did I tell you about this?
Speaker 3: No, there was an open house and my broker, Rodney Rose, who's an icon, took my mom to go. She was like, let's go look at these like really fun places. I won't see the neighborhood, but she's like, let's go look at these One place is and then went.
Speaker 1: To this beautiful home.
Speaker 3: My mom was like, wow, that was a really nice place. And then not like two months later did Ronnie reach out and this might not have been well, maybe I'll cut this out, but she was like, I think your friend Bend. Your friend Bend's now is like that's great anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just moved in March. So we're in Brooklyn people now, and it's really nice. Noah has been trying to get me out of Manhattan for a long time. How does Brooklyn feel so good? I mean it's like a little exhale, you know what I mean. Like you get off the train and it's like a little less crazy and intense. It's a once hop skipping a jump one train right to the middle of the Broadway areas. It's nice, feels removed, but not in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: It's lovely. There are children.
Speaker 5: There's a Presbyterian school outside and they play at recess every day. It's you hear the sounds of laughter, young we throw volleyballs back from the backyard.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: Do you really, Oh God, that's gonna get annoying and quick. It's cute right now.
Speaker 1: It already is annoying.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing about you guys is I've run into you guys in Times Square like three Times Wait, same, because.
Speaker 1: They're always chaunting around Times Square. We're all three very consistent patrons of the theater, and so that's why Square.
Speaker 4: I forget what show I was going to see, but I think you guys were going to see another show. And I was like, look at us out here. Always the biggest smiles on our face is ready to consume.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the happiest time when you can stay hopeful before you've actually seen the show.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, big We was on the Broadway front though Audre and Gypsy. Are we excited or why?
Speaker 1: God? Wait, this isn't contil next week? It comes out on yes, next ween?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, well fifth, So I'm doing a special guest every night in my uh at my house theater gig. I had Casey Musgraves and christ and Shannow with was last night. So this weekend I have Dear Adrian Warren, who's like, oh, and before I knew about any of this Audre nonsense, we're gonna sing if mom was married from Gypsy.
Speaker 1: We're going to do like the two Sisters.
Speaker 5: And I was like, girl, you should be playing Louise in this revival? Is she like, I don't know I don't know, Absolutelysia. Can you imagine that turn that changed too?
Speaker 1: That would be incredible, just saying if it was. If George Wolf is listening, which I'm sure he is.
Speaker 3: George, I thought you were to say that Audrey was going to join you for one of the Palace shows.
Speaker 1: I tried. She has her own concert gigs. She can't make it. That's the thing about Audre.
Speaker 4: She's busy singing her on her own, and that's how she Rule of culture number fifty five, that's something about address.
Speaker 1: She's busy singing on her own.
Speaker 4: I love when the guest joins in on the real culture. It gives it an extra pathice. Thank you, Well it was about Audre. I felt that I.
Speaker 1: Got a license. You know what I mean? Absolutely? Do you There'll be a good guests besides Audre. Sorry, keep going, so wait, what can you spoil any that'll happen like what's happening tonight?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, this is all just to say if nobody, like you know, get sick or something happens, it all goes to plan. Tonight is Leslie Odham Junior. Wow, tomorrow is my album release day. So it's Noah Galvin and we're gonna sing too most Wanted as my only Beyonce.
Speaker 1: You're fucking kidding? Oh wow, blew up our spot.
Speaker 4: There's big plans for a performance from that from the Culture Awards.
Speaker 5: I would have no doubt about that. On Saturday, we have a double WHAMMI planned. It's Rachel Zegler and then also my dear friend and co star from Avanhanson, Laura Dreyfus is going to sing with me. That'll be wonderful, It'll be fun. And then Sunday's Adrian Warren.
Speaker 1: Wow. So only the best, only the vocal chords, only the chords.
Speaker 3: Duh, and he's drinking his essentia like a chord singer.
Speaker 1: Leaders and leaders a day. You know, it was Ben who told the truth about vocal prep to the world, which is just have room temperature water. Stop with all the tea, stop with all the cold water, right, Isn't that so? It is true? Cold water fucks you up.
Speaker 5: It's like it makes everything like really crackly and like really dry, and it's got to be room temp.
Speaker 1: Although hot water with lemon's good for.
Speaker 4: Mucus, I will say that it's good for mucas, it's actually your lo coldre number ninety nine, although hot water with lemon is good for mucas.
Speaker 1: I will say I already have two rules. This is amazing, this is really you're a found Ben. What was Nashville like so nice?
Speaker 5: It's like weirdly slowly becoming la But besides that, it was so it was wonderful. I mean a lot of the writers I've been wanting to work with forever are all there. I found it like really calming, wonderful place to write. Also, I don't really know anyone else there besides the people that I was writing with, so it felt like very like blinders up, no distractions, like let me just immerse creatively in this and just only do this.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I loved it. Stim playing two shows there in June Nashville. Now tell me this. Did you go to the Grand all Opry. I've never been to the Grandel Lopry. That's okay. I'm playing the Rhymen though, so that's like second best. What's the Rymen?
Speaker 5: Ryman auditoriums like super you know, storied vibes like Casey just played there, and it's it's sort of if you're not going to play the Opry, it's like a really beautiful little country venue little more like traditional proscenium vibes.
Speaker 1: I want to know what is Casey like in person?
Speaker 4: Enchanting, enchanting, gorgeous, like a stoner. Yeah, I was going to ask, is she trying to corrupt you? Because I know how good you are when you have to use your voice. You don't even touch the stuff.
Speaker 1: No, she's the same when she has to sing.
Speaker 5: We have similar types of vocal anxiety, I think, but just like energetically like never gets above like a five in a really nice way, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, Just like really even identify with that. I'm never above a five. And then we are cool.
Speaker 5: We love a you know, a queen that sounds like the record always oh yeah, and she boy, does she sound like the record?
Speaker 1: She do?
Speaker 3: That's a tone Sarah burellis shit, oh crystal crystal crystal clear.
Speaker 4: So you are a consumer of the girls. So I want to know, like out of this like sort of like wealth of pop girly output lately, like what's written to the top for you?
Speaker 5: Okay, the honorable mentions are yeah, deeper, well, of course, yes, Cowboy Carter Delicious. The thing that I'm returning to the most is miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew you were going to say that. I knew you were going to say that, and I am classic it is.
Speaker 5: Every song is the most like fine tuned, like delicious, bubblegum, perfect pop melody, lyric ever, it's there. They're in my mind all the time, not in a way where you're like, get this song out of my mind, in a way where you're like, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Listen to that song right now. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I'm thrilled that The Boy's Mind is our next single because that was my favorite song from first listen. Yes, and I just think she's like the greatest pop stars generation. I mean, obviously we have feelings about Beyonce, and I don't even call it Beyonce like a pop starts a different situation, But in terms of like a pop star, she's number one of our lifetime.
Speaker 3: I think even intro end of the World is like, I'm going back to that all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do I know if I'm in the right relationship? Yeah, thank you for a thesis statement right up top, and then at the end, when no one answers the question, she says.
Speaker 1: You're in the wrong place. Get it out.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 4: It's also like genre wise, like it's so what I like started to wrap my brain around in terms of like why I love music like it does. It does remind me of Mariah and in like the late nineties, Like it takes me back to that, like just those rich, rich, rich like.
Speaker 1: Harmonies, the layers.
Speaker 4: Just there's so much in the music and it's just I love that it's like thirty six minutes long but tells like a complete story.
Speaker 1: It takes you on a journey.
Speaker 4: You really feel all of her emotions, to the point where towards the end when she's saying I wish I hated you. Oh, that's wrapping up that relationship in terms of how it appears on the album. Like just that last chorus that she sings like in her heart is breaking and her voice is breaking. I'm like, God, she fucking earned every second of this with what we've heard so far, like just amazing.
Speaker 5: And she's such a proponent for like I mean, first of all, obviously we know she's one of the great instruments, but her vocal ability to not necessarily mean just like foot on the gas, Like there's so many different things that she does that have so much restraint that take honestly of so much more ability that are so impressive, and then also production wise what you're saying about, like the Mariah of it all. I love when there's like electronic production elements that are like very self consciously retro electronic, like very clearly a button being pressed in a way that's like self aware.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like when it's not trying to pretend trying to pretend to be like a live room or like something warm, it's like, this is deeply fun and self aware, and like I just think that it's it's a home run on that front too.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent. But even on ordinary things, it's like that brass is like not totally like it belongs there. You're like, oh, I love it, Like this is the perfect way to meld all of these different ideas, Like you get the vocal recording, the voice recording from Nona, and like it all just like it's complete. Like I'm all for a let's say, thirty track, two hour long album, let's say, but I really like how concise that whole album is, Like I really like I think when she played it for me, I was like, I think this is your best and I wasn't sure that, Like now I'm quite positive that.
Speaker 4: It is for best album in my way, I would tend to agree. Yeah, but then you remember there has been so much incredible work And I was actually thinking about that as I was listening to your album. Bet like this concept of like doing your best work. It's like because as I was listening to it, I was like, this is his best work. This is the most cohesive, like best work. And I wonder as an artist, like when you hear this is your best work, obviously that's like a compliment, like at face value in and of itself, but like I would imagine you're incredibly proud of the other great pieces of work you've put out. And what I would imagine is the thing that's like really great when it comes to you is it's like you can't really even compare this to like Reverie because it does something completely different.
Speaker 1: And is that the goal?
Speaker 4: Is it just like creating different bodies of work where you can say I did that thing, now I'm doing this thing.
Speaker 1: Like is that a clear question?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think, at least in terms of like writing my own music, I try to like lead first and foremost from just like where I'm at, like as a person, and like let that be the guide as opposed to going in and being like I'd really like to do like Americana sound now or like then my last album, like I'd really like to have a Peter Gabriel moment. Like it's more like because it was the pandemic and I was wanting, like I was feeling restless like everybody and wanting an escape, like I was loving writing songs that had like all that eighties electronic like feeling to them, and then that's sort of how that came to be. And in this case, you know, I've been with no one now for a moment, and I turned thirty and things are feeling a little more like settled and comfortable in terms of like understanding myself and like who I am. And so that felt a lot more just organic to like a super plaintive, like unadorned like sound that lives in this more Laurel Canyon, Paul sim and James Taylory kind of world. And so saying like best work, I think for me it's like I I'll always like what's happening, Yeah, like now the best because it's the one I like relate to the most and like the thing that I feel like that I can still identify with, Like I feel like sometimes I listen to to other things I've done or watch other you know, if I'm forced to other projects that I've done, and then like I can have an appreciation for it, but I like, it's such a hard thing. I'm sure you feel this way too. It's like you watch things or hear things and you're like, I could have done so much more, or now I have such a better perspective, or I don't know what I was thinking, or like that doesn't feel like me at all, And it doesn't mean you don't love those things still, but I always will feel like the most proud of like the thing that I feel like paints me as I am right now. So and also anytime anyone wants to say that something is good that I isn't.
Speaker 1: My performance for Evanhanson when I was twenty four years old.
Speaker 5: Is like, yeah, such such a relief, because when that ended, it was sort of like a was this my was this?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Key? You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I'm just so grateful that there's been more acts at all.
Speaker 3: I feel like you, for a while now I have transcended the Evanhansen part of your life and career, which is an incredible like it's an incredible benchmark in that sort of timeline. But like I feel like, for a while now you've really staked all these nice claims outside of that in a way that like makes it all co exist on the same plane. But like with this album I really love, I feel like fear of missing out is the thing that kind of like I'm happy stones it for me, Like it's like it's plaintive throughout the album. But I feel like this is a song that represents like getting settled into something, getting settled into this idea of like I don't need to be stimulated by all of these things that are happening outside of my world, Like I'm very eager to like decorate and adorn and have some knowledge around like my my little corner of the world or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think definitely other than like ad Nauseum loves songs to Noah, like the other main things that I wanted to really express and like write about, it is just this understanding of like following your internal compass, which I feel like it is easier said than done, and like particularly when with what we all do, and like it's like very easy to want to like make the right move creatively, professionally, whatever, personally that like it's the movie you're supposed to make, or the thing that others would like you to do, or what you know will have the best external reaction, validation, et cetera. And like being in this relationship and also just having other experiences like making theater camp with my friends and with Noah, Like I think she has really just like driven home that like you know, we're all gonna tie, Like we need to just be really trying to prioritize like the things that make us wake up and like feel excited and fulfilled and like want to do this in the first place, because like, no matter how positive and wonderful an experience is, like by virtue of what we all do, like there's gonna be so much shittiness that is needed, like you have to just get through to get to the good part. And like critique and the internet and just there's all this stuff that's like it's not going anywhere. So like if the thing itself is not billing you up, then like really, what's the point, and so I think, yeah, just that sort of ability and like courage to settle into that thanks to having this partner who makes me feel like I can do that, I think is exactly what I wanted to exert you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I wrote down a line from that song which is, this is paraphrasing, but scared of disappointing people I'll never see, and then I've got the fear of missing out on me, Like do you think that the that not that it was the answer to be in a relationship, but that it really helped distract from all the other shit, because like sometimes I feel.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, I would die for one you know what I mean like that?
Speaker 4: And honestly, sometimes when I feel really overwhelmed with kind of this idea of like what do people think? Like what should I do? Like am I doing the right thing? I literally I end up triggering myself and like missing being in a relationship, like as if that's the answer, And then you say these things like, well, Noah's made everything beautiful and wonderful, so maybe it is the answer. So should I just like should we just settle now? Should we just like toss a line out? Put a blindfold on and hope a good one bites. No, No, it's two things.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's obviously is very helpful, but also like your girls in therapy working these things out on alone too, But also, like I would think, the only thing worse than trying to come to these conclusions on your own would be doing it with someone that's not the right person for you to be doing and just like leading you astray, or like bullshitting you, or blowing smoke or just like yes, manning you. I feel like that is an even scarier like pratfall. So no, no, only if it's like your person. Otherwise, like you are strong women that can stand arow on two feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely are strong women. But it's hard times.
Speaker 3: Sometimes a bitch gets brought down.
Speaker 1: It's so true, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean I remember, like when I was in a relationship, like it was so easy to be like, well, fuck this, I have a boyfriend, you know what I mean, Like you storm away and go I don't need this, because I remember I got into a fight with one of our friends and like I remember saying, like you know what, I'm gonna call my boyfriend and then like fell apart. In such an insane way, and so I was just like, well.
Speaker 1: No, I can't. That was not a healthy thing to rely on because it was external.
Speaker 4: I guess that is the reason why your girls have to be in therapy, because nothing helps like therapy.
Speaker 1: Nothing. I'm obsessed.
Speaker 5: Of course, that's why people say such nice things about it's like actually true, totally.
Speaker 4: I'm doing the EMDR and I said I was doing the EMDR and Boone called it controversial.
Speaker 1: No, dr. You hold the little things. It's like you hold two little pods and they vibrate and.
Speaker 4: Then basically like you close your eyes and a sort of stream of conscious like speak on whatever topic it is your therapist is talking about, and she sort of guides you through these different emotions and you kind of just don't stop yourself. And like you find every single time I've gone to therapy, it's like it's sort of like trauma stuff. But that's it doesn't mean it has to be like.
Speaker 1: But it's not clear on what you're holding. So basically you're holding two like little tiny pods and they vibrate rotationally, So it's like based on.
Speaker 4: It's just to make your brain work a little faster, you know, I think it's kind of like it's kind of like fooling.
Speaker 1: You into like making your brain like move a little quickly.
Speaker 3: It's making your brain play at one.
Speaker 1: Is Noah here, yeah he is. No come on, we're talking about therapy. Come now. Oh my god, he flashed us. He flashed us. I love I'm really loving the blonde hair. It's really that was what I said too. I think it's time to like reclaim sort of them blonde. Yeah. You know, my thing is like people that are like, oh, he's in crisis. It's like an.
Speaker 4: Easy, stupid thing to say. And also I guarantee you if I was in crisis, I would not roll the dice on my hair. I'm a gig, like, I have so much of my self worth is on top of my head. I wouldn't roll the dice on. I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I understand they were explaining, we're talking about therapy.
Speaker 4: Oh, my therapist told me about this recently.
Speaker 5: What is that you hold in your hand and they and they buzz rotationally, They sort of buzz back and forth.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to like make your brain move quicker so that you like stream a consciousness arrive at things that you may not and it's like you it's like you talk about traumatic memories while it happened.
Speaker 5: It's like the like hearing test when you were younger, but like for emotions.
Speaker 4: Can I say I miss just doing like going to the nurse and hearing test test and when.
Speaker 5: Everything was just sort of like raise your hand when you hear a beat that.
Speaker 1: Those were the steaks.
Speaker 3: I love you, I love you, I love you, love you, Noah, we love you. The most stressful part of the year was the residential fitness tests.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the mile. The mile.
Speaker 5: We ran the mile by running three cycles around the block of our school.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's how they measured it. We had the track see see the presidential That was.
Speaker 1: Something I really placed a lot of value in because I happened to be good at it, because I couldn't like an love George W.
Speaker 4: Bush, I mean one of the great girls. You know what's hard for me to sit and reach. That's what I'm talking about. You sit and you're supposed to touch your toes. To touch your toes, Yeah, that I do.
Speaker 1: I feel that you are flexible. You sort of give flexible energy.
Speaker 5: I mean enough to like stretch out for singing. I'm not like a Donza. No one is like a Donza.
Speaker 1: Stretch out for singing. Yeah, you got to get your whole body. Well that's the title of app.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, stretch stretch out for singing, that's the title of app.
Speaker 1: You don't like it, It's okay, that's all right, it's fine, it's okay. He thinks.
Speaker 4: Because he said one of the rules in tandem with us, he can sort of like dictate the title.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be ghost Whisper, but I like, I like, oh I whisper. Let's make it about Casey. Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, sure, we'll make it about Casey. We could do that.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have a kind of a scary question, and you don't ask a scary question.
Speaker 1: Okay, But when we were when.
Speaker 3: We were talking about like regarding your past selves or your work, like I imagine that is going to come up when you finish merrily, you know what I mean, Like you're gonna watch yourself back and be like, oh my god, who wow.
Speaker 5: If we're all alive and the world is intact, and like film still exists and people go watch film, which all of which we don't know. This is sixteen years in the future. So like fully don't know, I think. I mean, I think it's just going to be such an emotional like scrap book that I won't care, Like I think right, because it's like Beanie is in it with me and she's like my lifelong friend.
Speaker 1: And then it's like Sondheime, which is you.
Speaker 5: Knowless and the Angel of the World, and like, I just think I feel so unbelievably happy that it exists, and I would be so overjoyed if we literally made it to the finish line. Then I think I would be thrilled to watch it, and especially with my God willing like maybe children at that point, like giving them a little kind of retrospective of oh my god, where we're at. And also right now, like we're gays, Like I look in the mirror and I'm like my tummy this, and my cheeks that and my whatever. But I'm so excited for, like in sixteen years to look at the early scenes and be.
Speaker 1: Like, God, look how fucking young and cor Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That's the thing too, is it's like when you look back and you're like, why was I insecure? It's like you wish you could tell yourself even from three years from now, it's just it's good now. The thing that I'm fixated now lately is my fucking neck. And like when I like, it's it's ridiculous. It is ridiculous. What's wrong with your long, statuesque neck? You guys?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: But I feel like, you know what what happened to me was I was in a video with bad lighting that did very well, and because it was like a funny video, like I have.
Speaker 1: Bad lighting but did very well. No, no, no, okay.
Speaker 4: So I guess hosted Love It or Leave It last week and it was the live show, and a clip from the live show, I told a story about how on nine to eleven I made my mom take me to go get the Mariah Carey album Glitter, like I threw a tantrum and it was nine to eleven so like, and it was a funny story, I swear, but I was like, I was in this really bad lighting and like it didn't look great and then it had me second guessing my hair. It was just like and I was just like, you know what, this is not a video for me to watch, Like it's I'm never gonna get permanence on this. Like it's like when you're talking about watching your old work and like or watching new work and then like what it does, Like my thing is I always appreciate it much later because in the moment, I'm always so critical of like the way I look, or like what I've done, like when I like we talk about this, like when I first saw Firearm Island, I had a breakdown like it, and we've all experienced that.
Speaker 1: B When talks about it as well, like it's hard to engage with yourself when you're already in a community that's so hard on itself. It's unnatural.
Speaker 5: I mean it's it's like it's the Internet alone of like looking at images of yourself all day is like ruining everyone's mental health and self esteem. And then on top of that, for your livelihood to depend on something where once again you're confronted with your image all the time.
Speaker 1: It's like it's no wonder we're also fucked up. We're also fucked off. Squeezing things that buzz.
Speaker 3: I will say of the m d R stuff, like I pointed it out as controversial because of based on what I had read just textually and then anecdotally, people were telling me like I forget, like people at work were like, oh no, it's actually like it's actually been very helpful, and I, ah, that's all I care about.
Speaker 1: Well, I did tell my therapist that you said it was controversial. Why did he say that?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I don't know. I think he thought it was genuinely controversial. She goes, Okay, well it is like just so you know, it's not controversial. It's like a research thing, et cetera. And I was like, I feel good about what we're doing. And then she gave me the pods and they began to buzz. It's just to say we've touched on it now, I would say four times. Still have no idea what this is. Look it up, bitch.
Speaker 3: Matt is like putting his dukes up and he's saying, those are pot.
Speaker 5: I'm imagining like stress ball squeezers, but they vibrate.
Speaker 4: I have yet to correctly describe what it is, and I'm realizing when I try, it's because I don't think I really know. I think it's kind of just like everything in my life where someone just said do you want to try this, and I'm like, yeah, great, I want to try it all.
Speaker 5: H yeah, Yolo, are you a trier? Am I a trier. No, I'm afraid of everything. But Noah is a really amazing trier. So it evens out.
Speaker 1: Good for you guys to be married. Then, yeah, take each other, probably balance each other out a bit, right.
Speaker 3: I know the invite list has to be big. You guys have big families, but we were getting right in there.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: We don't have to be on the list, but we can be present in a way.
Speaker 1: What would you guys?
Speaker 4: I can share one seat if I were to hire you, like as vendors, Like what is the service that you would offer? I think we would like write poety no you know you know what we could do at the pot Galvin wedding. We could be like party motivators like at bar and bot mitzvahs and stuff like like just go up to the tables and be like, come on, Mama June. You want to know there's something in this world. There's someone there named Mama June. Motors I like style at our wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So basically Ben is looking at Noah off camera and I'm imagining that like it's like they heard us be I'm like, so what can we do?
Speaker 1: What can we be invited? And Noah's off camera like no, no, we are capped. We no, no, then do not no.
Speaker 5: He's on camera being like ask the most he will be dance. But party motivators is good.
Speaker 1: We'll dance, We'll do it all. We'll stretch to saying we'll stretch to dance party Motivators.
Speaker 4: There was a moment I was at a party ones I think it was a sweet sixteen or something where there was a party motivator and the girl. It was mortifying to be like a thirteen year old like gay preteen, like gangly, like going through it like in terms of the girl spurt and have this like confident twenty something gorgeous sort of run over to you, like shaking her like shoulders like this and.
Speaker 1: Being like come on, mats, you get up, this is a party, come.
Speaker 4: On boo, and like making me move my horrible limbs like wait, she sounds like.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Honestly, she was sorry because I could say I knew she was me, I knew she was a confident me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you saw yourself reflected.
Speaker 4: It was just I couldn't imagine being confident enough to dance over to strangers like let's go, But now I can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, That's the way that I would like Peacock at Barnastas because I was like the only usually self with that gay kid, or maybe there was like one other one, but it would be like me and the girls going absolutely off and the guys just sitting at the.
Speaker 1: Table and they're like sneakers and suits.
Speaker 5: And also if there's a boy dancer, if you're going to actually do this, you have to wear a too tight for you black T shirt.
Speaker 1: Problem.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, problem, Okay, last coach has we've become the poser children for sex. We're taking a turn towards fitness. Bowen is showing his butt in a movie and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing's so shot. That's what I call it.
Speaker 4: Because Rosie O'Donnell used to whenever she'd have a male guest on her show back in the day, right before the interview would.
Speaker 1: End, she would go any heiney shots.
Speaker 4: I remember years ago, like watching Rossi o' donald, I would quote unquote get sick at school, like I would fake it a lot like that' so I could come home and Shrosi o'donald sometimes and she remember good, she's so good. She had she had a marky Mark Wahlberg not Marky Mark on her show one time, and this was like, you know, he was market marking and he was so hot, and she was still doing her thing of like I'm flirting with these guys on my show.
Speaker 1: So she was like, and he goes a little.
Speaker 5: And then you came instantaneously, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So hot. To think about it, not anymore sadly, but he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean other things getting the way with that. It's too much to unsee, but you know, totally we had our time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you guys see Dennis Quaid's big announcement.
Speaker 4: He's come out and said that he's gonna vote for Trump and the quote, the quote was this, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of people say he's an asshole, but he's my asshole. Come on, he's my asshole. Was what the man said.
Speaker 3: No, your ass hole is on your person. That's not He's not your asshole. You've had one all along. It's the Ruby slippers. It's like, no, it's been with you.
Speaker 1: Just one of the most colossal flops.
Speaker 5: I will just take the image of him with the open chest hair, with Meredith Blake and the parent trap and leave the rest, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like Harry Potter, like if Dennis Quaid as a child meant something to you when he opened up his shirt a little bit and like showed that chest hair engaged to Meredith Blake.
Speaker 1: Don't let it ruin it for you, you know what I mean. Don't don't let what's happened for you. It's like that and Hermione and then they can both go away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, exactly exactly, Harry Potter, what are our thoughts?
Speaker 1: Well, Daniels and Merrily? Wait did you see the Merrily? Did you go for research? By the way, for people that.
Speaker 4: Don't know, like Ben and Beanie are shooting with Richard linklate of Boyhood fame, like every year they're doing Merrily the right way, which is every year they're shooting like a chapter of this story and it's going to come out in like sixteen years, so whatever the fuck it is, like when it's all done so over the he's doing what he did with Boyhood with Merrily, And that's what we're talking about when we're talking about like the watching in many years and looking back.
Speaker 1: So did you go to see me? Of course? Oh, Paul Mescal, Yeah, he's frank. Wow, you really nailed the casting. I mean, come on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw it off Broaday and on Broadway.
Speaker 1: I thought it was wonderful. I loved it. The three of them are so impeccably passed together.
Speaker 5: They just really give and gel and they bring different energies and you really believe their sweet love and then it makes.
Speaker 1: It sad when it goes away.
Speaker 5: And I thought it was as again, like you were saying, it's like, I think, if we can make it, the ultimate way to do it is actually really to watch that d aging process happen. But as far as like making it work on stage and playing up and then playing down, it's like it's the best version I could imagine.
Speaker 1: Really, Right, that's gonna be so emotional, right, that's gonna be a lot of tears. Yeah, let's watching yourself the age Like, no, don't.
Speaker 5: But I'll be watching it from like in like with Google glasses on my own deck, you know what I mean. Can drive it in my in my like scoop a suit to be outside in the environment.
Speaker 1: It'll be great. Well, how do we save cinema? That's a good question.
Speaker 4: I think probably we try Batgirl again. Yeah, yeah, I think more more sequels, I think, yeah, yeah, yeaheah, I have to say, like with Furiosa like quote unquote flopping like Bowen and I fucking loved mad Max Ferry Road. But I think I think the reason why I didn't go see Furiosa and like didn't have like top of mind plans to see Furiosa is because I do feel like when I see the preview for that movie, I do feel like I've seen that movie all right, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like people are all well throwing out their theories about like why the box office is flopping, and everyone has like their ideas about why it's not been a great year, why it hasn't been a great couple of years. But like I think my thing is, it just feels like every movie that comes out, even if they are real equality which this is apparently, I just feel like I have seen it. Yeah, And I think that's like a thing with the sequels of it all. It's just like the sequel and prequel fatigue is just like it's very real because we're not getting anything new.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I feel like so out of touch, But like the things I consider to be adventized are like so not the things that I guess, like the general public would consider to be adventized. I was like, oh my god, like your go send poor things, and Emma like that's I'm getting out of my apartment and going to see that with a crowd. Like but like Marvel number twenty seven, I'm like, not, that doesn't really thrill me anymore.
Speaker 1: Cares.
Speaker 3: But I think that we're all on the same page about like that we are in tune with the general public where they're like, we don't really care about the next like Marvel twenty seven. But what I find interesting is that with Wicked like it is like, oh, we have made a musical look like a Marvel film, which has never really happened before.
Speaker 1: I think it's brilliant. I mean, oh, I just I just realized that.
Speaker 3: You've seen it. Have you seen any times? I think you've seen it? I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know you he might have no no, no, no no no, he's w h word of honor, have not, would love to have not. Okay, I've seen some like BTS packages maybe that haven't come out yet, but I haven't seen the film. But every every little lick of footage I've seen has looked stunning and glorious, and I can't wait, and it's finally a musical that's big enough and like fully realized enough the way that it absolutely should be, and we all need to show up.
Speaker 1: Oh we will.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about Wicked at all. I'm not worried about Wicked.
Speaker 1: It's about candles.
Speaker 4: You know what's cool about Wicked too, like Whipped not that, like people weren't aware of the fact that it was a musical, but more than any other movie musical, Like in the trailer, you get that it's a musical.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but people still have gripes about we didn't see anyone singing, Like we didn't see the note come out of Cynthia's mouth, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, which I think is who like reme? What comes out? The Internet's gonna be like, Okay, there was too much.
Speaker 4: Like the saturation.
Speaker 1: The color saturation was crazy.
Speaker 5: It's like, you go make this movie for four fucking years, like's.
Speaker 4: For twenty for God's say, everyone always knows better and no one does except us. Now, yeah, that's right, except the three of us right now, we know better, but everyone else.
Speaker 1: Doesn't, and they should shut up.
Speaker 4: That's a rule of culture. I forget how long it was Ben, you're allowed to say it's not, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not, it's not, but it wasn't. We have a category best song from Wicked.
Speaker 5: And have you announced the nominations?
Speaker 1: No, by now we have okay, what are they? Let me read them? Yeah, and then we'll have you choose.
Speaker 4: These are the nominees for for best Song from The nominees may surprise you.
Speaker 1: Okay, if something bad's not on there, I don't want to hear this, but keep going.
Speaker 3: Well it might be okay, hold on, watch the space best song from which the nominees are Thank goodness, I'm not that girl. I'm not that girl. Re prieze, what is this feeling? Also low key? Some of you are still calling this song loathing, and we clock it every single time, every single time, although Stephen Schwartz and Stephen Reemon call it loathing the people, and okay.
Speaker 1: Well then they need to answer to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, There short day March of the Witch Hunters.
Speaker 1: Something bad and dear old chiz, no divine gravity, no good deed snubs which are nice snub yeah, but this is these are all the real ones.
Speaker 5: It's honestly, this is a There's a lot of comments in this category a lot of comments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, flying high my knee. I have two knee jerks that have two knees, So.
Speaker 1: This is believable what you said, because they both could have jerked the left and the right.
Speaker 5: Me my vote would be garnered by either I'm not tak over Prieze, thank you so much, or March of the Witch Hunters because the especially in the in the musical, the reveal of her behind the March the witch Hunters every time shivers goose bumps.
Speaker 3: Shivers goose bumps. But also Bach is like going.
Speaker 4: With the witch. Yeah, of course you know what I realized we forgot because low key it's not on the Spotify thing because it's not on the fucking album, which is I'll never get over.
Speaker 3: Is get a Witch?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Of course Zoom rejected your pitch. By the way, they did well, not on my recording. Zoom silenced your ass.
Speaker 1: Sorry listen, I don't care what anyone says I made noise. I'm hoping we get that.
Speaker 5: I mean again something I legitimately do not know the answer to, but I hope that we get.
Speaker 4: That on this new film album. See Bowen is famous for being like I think I can say this and then dropping something crazy about the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh well, like the Internet got my ass for saying that Dileoman would be played by a woman, which I never said. I never said that Diloman would be played by a woman. Yeah, like it's crazy. These girls will just make shuit up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but girl, you speak too much, you play too much. You do this with Ariana Grande's album too. He was on fucking Twitch and he goes, yeah, I've heard the new Areano Grande albums. It's definitely gonna be this and she definitely worked with this person and I was And then the media picked that out too, and she was like, oh my god, I love it. You talked about it.
Speaker 1: You meant that.
Speaker 5: You meant that, like spiritually, Diloman is a woman, you know what I mean exactly? Yeah, and she is because Dilman it was a.
Speaker 1: Puppeteer named Louisa.
Speaker 3: There's a Puppetinnia Melsall and I wanted to get her flowers because she was amazing. Yeah, And the Internet took that to mean that Diloman was played by women, and then they were like.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a Dina and I'm like, that is the.
Speaker 4: Dina is Dilaman, Like imagine that call like hey a Dina, it's us, Like we know you've been interested in the cameo.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be Dyloman boo. Like she'd be like, oh my god, god, how dare you guys?
Speaker 4: I am really pulling for I'm not that girl reprieze just because I I'm not that.
Speaker 1: And it goes into fucking it's the whole show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she gets to really like hit hit that note, but that don't wish, don't start wishing only wounds the heart, like.
Speaker 1: You kidding me? Show this it's a good show this week, this wick is a good show. Okay. I I don't think I can say this.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, this this is what I'll say.
Speaker 3: I don't think someoney, everyone being like, oh why is it in two parts? If to find gravity's gonna be the first part? Then like what's there to like wait for in the second, Like there is so much.
Speaker 1: Ton not that.
Speaker 4: First of all, like for good and like the end of that movie, like of that show, Like that is the end of the story. Like don't worry that it's not gonna feel exciting. It's just what you're getting now is a really intense climax and finale for the first movie. That would feel really weird if it was one movie and that was just the middle of the movie, like you need to break them up. They're actually narratively and like in terms of a viewing experience, they just show supposed to.
Speaker 1: End after defying gravity.
Speaker 4: That's why there's an intermission, like and so basically what you're getting is is an intermission.
Speaker 1: You are getting the show, but it's two movies.
Speaker 4: I understand, of course totally why there'd be people out there being like, oh, it's a money thing.
Speaker 1: It's a money thing. But I think it would be weird to have defying gravity in the middle of that movie.
Speaker 5: I really Famously, tourists early on used to leave that intermission because they thought that was it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Famously, they were like, well, they can't go up from here, so that.
Speaker 3: She gets away, she gets away. But this is here's what I'm saying. The people who are involved in this film me excluded hair deeply about this and except for me, no, just kidding, but like.
Speaker 1: It will be it will be okay, It will be okay.
Speaker 4: Of course, I have no doubts because I know my girl is in it, and when he touched that hat and said, what's this?
Speaker 1: I said, this is representation and it matters. Mean, gega, do you think the representation matters. You've never said that before publicly? Is this to me? Yes? No, I think we have enough. I think that's good. Of course it does.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean I was staking my whole life on just being like, I'm gay.
Speaker 1: Isn't that important? Look how gay?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 4: Way?
Speaker 1: June gay love songs gay June gay.
Speaker 4: So you did was it acid or mushrooms that that made you say? The title is Honeymoon chocolate mushrooms. Of course acid is acid better?
Speaker 3: I think you would like it if you were out in nature, and if you are with your beloved and your your your close friends.
Speaker 1: It's not like chesty anxiety. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think that it would depend on how much you took. Here's what I would say, go into house up state, bring a nice vinyl. Let's let's throw out there like the new Maggie Rogers great and very underrated, great underrated. Isn't it a crowded year? Spin it, take your half a tab, walk around, look at the moon, see what it tells you.
Speaker 1: Oh so, nighttime. I feel starting today going tonight. Does it last not long? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's that's what we did. Bowhen and I did that years ago. We had an emotional breakthrough and.
Speaker 1: Then you woke up and your hair was blown. Yeah, I guess yeah.
Speaker 3: Spiritually, I literally like went outside, stared at the moon and listened to an underrated Maggie Roterers song deep cut called Better and I listened to that on acid and I was like this, I will never forget this. It's a really I think you'll like it then okay, And.
Speaker 1: On the other side of the house, I was up looking at the moon listening to light On, which is of course her biggest single.
Speaker 5: Like speaking to me, I love that first album just really oh it was it was my personal like John he was coming of age film that that whole into it for like my whole.
Speaker 1: Entry into adulthood.
Speaker 5: Like if if Girls the Show was like one album, it would be yeag Rogers first album that.
Speaker 1: Is really a stute wow, you know period, both things that I love.
Speaker 4: You know what I heard the other day and it reminded me, like I think it was in the trailer for Girls season two, Ellie Golding, Anything can happen but I was like, this girl really gives it to you sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 5: Well, also that's just the music on Girls was consistently phenomena.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was giving grais it out of Me tastemaker vibes. Yes, it was giving taste Maker rise. It was giving Robin writing the suite. We don't have to go there.
Speaker 4: But I don't think that there will ever be a better end to an episode of television effort than her writing that tweet's drafting that tweet, sending it, and Alison Williams coming in the reveal that to her that Elijah was gay the whole time, and they downced dancing on their own and they hug and the smash on the on the beat at the end of the chorus, like I mean, come on, and just a reaction to the news and just immediately embrace it and just be like that's funny, Like yeah, of course, you know, it's like that's friendship.
Speaker 5: It's just like letting it roll off your back. I could talk about that, we should do a whole Girls Rewatch podcast.
Speaker 1: I think that already exists.
Speaker 4: Probably you want it from us, though, yep.
Speaker 1: You know we're doing an Olympics podcast. Is that real.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thoughts, but what does that mean? It's like, are you gonna go like event by event? That's one way to go about it. I'm down to like really go through each event and be like, Okay, so what should we know about this? And who are the players and who are the stars and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: So like for someone like me who's like not well versed, I could listen and you can help me like being.
Speaker 4: A perfect podcast for you because we don't know anything about anything perfect and so it's really gonna be for the for the every day this podcast, because it's truly hosted by two people who just this isn't their culture. I have to say maybe years ago, like the summer Olympics was my culture.
Speaker 1: When was the last time the Olympics was like something you gave energy to? Twenty twelve? Maybe London.
Speaker 5: I watched the clips afterwards that everybody tells me I need to watch. I've never been like a full tune into the Olympics girl, But I guess maybe this would be my opportunity if I'm following along with your podcast.
Speaker 3: I think so, And I think we can really talk about the bodies really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I just will never forget. This is a Winter Olympics thing. But one of my sexual coming of ages was Apollo anton Ono apollow anton Ono, the speed skater and later Dancing with the Stars. I think winner, Yeah, I think so too. The man had an ass.
Speaker 1: I bet he still has it. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I didn't stand a chance as like I guess I was like twelve or something like.
Speaker 1: There was no way around his ass.
Speaker 4: I was just like, I am so seated for this because he is the hottest man I've ever seen. Wow, just pour one out for Apollo.
Speaker 1: I mean where, But but do we need to like what happened? No?
Speaker 4: Nothing, I'm sorry that a bad thing happened.
Speaker 1: No one out like to me means like commemoration.
Speaker 5: Like oh oh god, No, I don't mean that. I mean just like like I don't know.
Speaker 4: To him, yes, I think it's because the last time I heard the expression poor one out my dad. I called my dad because Jimmy Buffett died and he said, I'm at the beach porn one out.
Speaker 1: For Jimmy, and I was like, oh my god, it's so heartbreaking. Dad. A little bit of Buffet on this album from you yeah, do you hear it?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's giving like singer songwriter, like acoustic guitar driven some stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean absolutely not. Yeah, there's a song called Margarita on the rocks. It's it's thank you.
Speaker 4: I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I will say, all American Queen is giving notes of Paul Simon and Jimmy and Buffett.
Speaker 5: Fair to say, yeah, just add like a little bit of packet and then yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: If you listen injury above, hitting that a little bit of faggot, you get bad.
Speaker 1: I actually really don't. I used to remember when I was little, like my my parents were huge parrot heads, and like I just started watching American Idol, so I of course thought I knew everything about singing. So I would always drag Jimmy Buffett for his lack of range and listen, you weren't wrong, rest in peace. But he didn't need the range range.
Speaker 5: He was an icon and several of them rangeless, rangeless king, rangeless king.
Speaker 4: All right, so we've hit the moment in the shell where it's time to turn to I don't think so, honey, this is a segment we all know and love.
Speaker 1: Let me guess you forgot.
Speaker 5: I didn't forget. I just didn't come prepared. But you guys go and they don't think it's.
Speaker 1: So what was the difference there? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was don't put on your voice, don't are talking in your little soft tenor's.
Speaker 1: In between shows at the Palace.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Right, So for those of you who also may have forgotten, I don't think Sonni is a sexty second segment where we talk about something in culture and we sort of, you know, we aar grievances. I have something that it's gonna be very frustrating for a while, but it's it's just now come to my attention that this is gonna be the case, and so I'm gonna I'm gonna do my I don't think Swhani.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so Many's time starts now. I don't think Sohanny. I'm already stressed out about the best actress Tony Race next year. I mean, Audrey McDonald versus Nicole Scherzinger. This is going to be I mean, if you thought things have been difficult in the past, things are about to get really hard. Things are about to get really tough in this country.
Speaker 4: Because let me tell you something, not only are we gonna have whatever happens with the election later in the year, sorry to bring it up, but then almost a few months later, we're gonna have a Tony Awards that is gonna tear this country apart because we're gonna have happy country that are saying Audrey McDonald is playing Mama Rose. I mean that is what like a six time Tony winner playing the greatest musical role of all time?
Speaker 1: How do you get better than that? I have to tell you, I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 4: If you haven't seen the culture tear, it's up in Sunset Bulevard and she's gonna tread the boards in New York. And I know she's gonna be galvanized, because if I can trust the cultures are going to be one thing, it is galvanized, and it is going to be behind her eyes.
Speaker 1: We're in for it. I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 3: And that's one minute she is spilling blood, letting it drip off her chest onto the boards of Broadway.
Speaker 1: Li rauh Lee.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about that until now, and now I'm so stressed.
Speaker 1: With you haven't thought about it.
Speaker 4: It's all I've been able to think about is the fact that one of those women is going home empty hands. And I have to say, I guess face value, let's give Nicole one.
Speaker 1: This would be Audres seven, and again I have.
Speaker 4: Not seen that performance. It could be no contest, Like that's just how talented.
Speaker 5: She should just hop on as a producer because we know to one revival and then she gets one.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's a good question. Yeah, just this insurance because she needs one too, But you know that's not the same.
Speaker 1: Six is not enough. Six is not let's not a campaign hashtag six is not enough.
Speaker 4: But I don't want to do that campaign because I wanted for Nicole bad. I can't wait to see her. No, you didn't go over to the West End, did you?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah? She insane. That's not it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you give a better, more thrilling. Well, I've seen you so so I do know how. But like it's it's no, don't tell me to shut up. Don't tell me to shut up. I have a line, I have a boundary.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. It's so good. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, Bowen, I know I'm thinking about next to Tony's in it. It is just like it's it's gonna be thrilling because whole col is in the mix, like, oh, forget it, it's it's gonna be nuts.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to get We're gonna have to get you back out there and say this is six B and iconically I introduced thement.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember, oh my god, my.
Speaker 3: Best reception ever, not at the Tony Awards themselves, but at the rehearsal earlier that day, where like all of like the people, like all of like the crew working the Tonys were like in the mezzanine at Radio City, and I like, whatever they okay, and now Bowen walks out and I walked out, and then like people cheering for the mezzanine being like, this is the most applausitive ever. This is the most spirited applause I've ever gone anywhere. And it was at two pm on a Saturday.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 4: I don't think you realize how exciting it is to see you.
Speaker 1: It's thrilling. It's always so exciting to see you.
Speaker 3: That's very nice. First time I met Cynthia at the rehearsal, and that was really nice.
Speaker 1: Was she lovely? She was lovely. I'm such a fan, I really am. I won't I do.
Speaker 3: You know what was the most Cynthia Riva thing that happened to me was.
Speaker 4: I was I was reading like the most yeah, every bote thing that happened to me.
Speaker 5: I was reading, saying incredibly well and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying so so well. I sang no no. I was reading Middle March on set and then she comes up. She goes, what is that? I was like, oh, it's a book by George Elliott, but it's actually a woman, and she, you know, George Elliott was her like pen name and whatever. She goes, I'm gonna buy that. I'm gonna read that. And then next day she's like, I love it. I love it, So I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Started reading it that day.
Speaker 5: I was like, probably at five am on the treadmill. Yeah, crack cracked up in that book.
Speaker 3: Her and Michelle, Oh, every morning, five am, getting up doing your kidding you work out every day before she is bananas.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I mean it shows she looks unbelievable. I'm so excited for what this is gonna. She's already a full superstar but like she's Alphaba, She's she's gonna be Alphaba.
Speaker 3: And with it, Oh my god, seeing west End Wicked is a fucking.
Speaker 1: Who I love. It's fun.
Speaker 4: They say room allocations instead of room assignments.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the biggest difference. That's the biggest difference, room allocations.
Speaker 5: I like that she's American in the movie because it's like the only way she's supposed to be different from everyone is for greenness, and so she should.
Speaker 1: Same everywhere every other way. But maybe Johnny is British. Johnny's British. He's a print anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a prince, and then he's a winky prince, and then Twinkie Prince, twinky Prince. Then I think that's the only brit I'm missing one. Oh no, I think Peter dinklich I think Diloman is British.
Speaker 4: Is male British, He's a British man. He looks like a British man. What movie ama a map king Peter dinklish is. Actually it's real culture number ninety nine, Peter Dinklinck.
Speaker 1: If she looks like a British man as me, girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, Bowen, you really do know your culture oh, I just got a text from maybe colon ilhan Omar.
Speaker 1: Oh great.
Speaker 4: The political texts are popping off, of course off. Okay, so this is Bowen's I don't think so, honey. Are you ready galvanized in free Yes? Bonyang's time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. Barbecues it ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Speaker 3: You want smoke in the lung, you want a half cooked piece of chicken. You're getting food poisoning at the function, and the conversation's not gonna be that great. The music's not gonna be loud enough because we're too afraid to, you know, get a complaint. None of it is what you want it to be. I'm sorry. I love We all love barbecue in theory.
Speaker 1: Don't we thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: But then when you have to like don't get the coal where you have to like figure out how you're gonna like like the thing, it's it's too much. I'm sorry to burst your bubble everybody. Summer's just beginning. It's frilling season, but it's not going to live up to the fantasy unless you're really good at the tongs, unless you're really good at opening up the But yeah, first of all, five seconds, good luck if you have to clean out the fucking vents from the year before, because that is going to put you off from the whole fucking thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 4: And that's one minute I will say. I will shout out Jared again. We just had a small, tiny moment at his house where he barbecued for a few friends. You just have to get someone who isn't like, yeah, I can do it. You have to get someone that's gonna take the grilling seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, Noah. You haven't been to a barbecue that Noah has been in charge of. It's a different kind of experience.
Speaker 4: Well maybe if he does it at the wedding, we can you know, you can throw us some meat on the side because we'll be working the event.
Speaker 5: Well you'll be so tired from your motivational dancing, right, you'll need some protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, he's a great chef, so like it'll taste really good.
Speaker 5: But he just takes the timing seriously, doesn't put it on others. We positioned the grill in a proper place. It's it can be done in a meaningful way. But I do agree that a slap dash barbecue is not always a fun experience.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm two used to slap dash barbecue.
Speaker 4: It's like one of those things too, where like you never want to really volunteer unless it's so you're so confident you can do it. Because I've actually at our Fire Island house ball and remember this, I was like, oh, grill, and then one of our guests came over and was like, I'm so sorry, I need you to get out of the way.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take over.
Speaker 4: But this person came over and was like, you know what, they were right to kick me off, Like I didn't know what I was doing, and everyone would have been having a worse experience. But if you have someone that's truly a grill master, which.
Speaker 1: Is these are few and far between, I would agree, all right.
Speaker 5: But Noah Galvin, Yeah, well he's not certified, but he's he's a master of the grove.
Speaker 1: Should be a certification that you need to have to man a girl, do you hook?
Speaker 5: When we first started dating, the gas in my partmer was turned off and carry Bradshaw style. I was storing clothes in my own oven. But at this point I can like I can like sew, you know I can. I can clean as he goes and chop for him and stuff.
Speaker 1: You can see.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought you said you could stew and I was like, well bowe yang's yeah, and I exclusively makes it too. That's like going, really do love stew bowing.
Speaker 1: I love stew year round?
Speaker 5: Really yeah, I love just because you could just you like throw her all in there and she just simmers in there she is or what what about it?
Speaker 1: Do you like?
Speaker 3: No, it's that It's like it's perfect stoner food. It's like, yeah, oh it's it just really hits every spot.
Speaker 4: As Taylor tom Winson recently said, a stew is just soup with something to.
Speaker 1: Say, that's perfect. I thought that was really apt. I thought it was beautiful. Well bo looking ahead, I hope that you have people around you that can barbecue this summer and aren't playing in your face.
Speaker 3: I just think like, look, I love a public space. I love a public park with grills. The smoke do billow, the smoke do go into other spaces and it's like, oh, we were just trying to play cards here on our blanket, but we're getting the draft, we're getting the down draft from the grill that's like two hundred feet away.
Speaker 4: Spatial awareness is going to be huge this summer when it comes to creating smoke, fire and more period. So now it's time for Ben Platts. I don't think so, honey, are you ready? Galvanized and free?
Speaker 1: No a galvanized? In between two? No galvanized, you've heard no a galvanized. His drag name is no Avail, but I do also like.
Speaker 4: No Avail that wait, can I try this because Bowen is not sold on my dragon name, but I'll try it out on you do it?
Speaker 1: Splash a cram? I like splash your cram. I was never against splash.
Speaker 4: You do that thing you always do to me, which is yeah, the iconic first name Splasha.
Speaker 5: No, that's not also one that I heard recently that's not for me, but that I think is good as Sharon Elise, like Sharon Elise, Sharon Elise or Alexa pro Alexa.
Speaker 1: Pro Okay, you're ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What you're between?
Speaker 4: Two like like do you need help to decide?
Speaker 1: One is like so Niche and one is like Braddy Niche and Braddy. I think I think you can make the nie.
Speaker 4: Let's do Niche Okay, okay, this has been I don't think so honey. Time starts now.
Speaker 1: I don't think so honey.
Speaker 5: On door dash, when they tell you it's going to come at a certain time and then they're showing you the path of the car coming towards you, and they fill time by creating like a gridded path on every streak heading to your house, when you know for a fact that is not the path that the car is taking. They're just trying to pretend that he's on his way or his bike or his feet or whatever it is. He's not even left the business. He's dropping off somebody else's food, he's fucking somebody else's girlfriend. He's not headed towards you, and it's telling you don't worry. He's just like and he's also decided to take this left as well. And I also have did a more seconds. I'm gonna throw the other one. I don't think so honey. Straight people asking me what am I gonna do for pride, because I don't know what am I gonna do for pride. I'm just gonna be gay and hang around other gay people like I do the rest of the year business.
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna do for Pride? What are you gonna do for Pride?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna advocate for us? Are you gonna go to a parade, You're gonna take your shirt off? What are you gonna do for Pride? You're gonna comest to me at the palace. You should do that for Pride. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Second, continuing to live and cohabitate with my same sex partner, Thank you so much. Fifty nine and a minute, and I.
Speaker 4: Don't think so, honey, that is one minute good for you. I was just in Palm Springs from Oral Day weekend. Those bars were filled with I'm sorry, but bachelorette parties and not not to say that Palm Springs is like an exclusively gay thing. It's fine. It's just like you get the sense that now more than ever. And I love the straight girlies, but like at the gay bar during Pride, it's like, that's not really your space.
Speaker 1: Like when the Real Houseworks of Salt Lake.
Speaker 4: City went to Palm Springs and stayed at the Tricksy Mo Hotel and then they went over to like the gay bars and stuff. I was like, I think this has changed forever, and it did. Yeah, like it was different. This year than it's ever been.
Speaker 1: Wow, because of Salt Lake. I mean, I don't know. I can't, I can't. I haven't researched in my findings. Those were those were historic episodes. They certainly were. They certainly were, and I wouldn't take them back at all.
Speaker 4: But I just noticed that the gay bars in Palm Springs this Memorial Day weekend. It was a different situation than years past.
Speaker 1: Or sure, okay, what is that going to come back?
Speaker 4: Like, it's done, They've shot the season. The ladies did very well at the last Culture Resalce Culture Awards nominations. They did really. They're up for the Bena Jesuit Award for a group of women that sligh for most women, most like group of women. They're up for best Picture literal picture. WHOA the last supper picture? It is, no, it's it's going for women on the Beach.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, of course. Yeah. The last sepperate picture, though, is snubbed.
Speaker 4: We got snubbed, and we're getting a lot of flak for snubbing. The rumors in nastiness and receipts, proof timelines released.
Speaker 1: We're getting it, but listen.
Speaker 4: Like we we don't control it, like it's it's like we don't control the nominations.
Speaker 5: So sorry, I understand someone else that's okay. The last supper picture will get like an Obie or something.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Speaking of nominations, I nominate Ben as one of our best guests, one of our favorite people.
Speaker 1: That's nice. This album is so good. I absolutely loved listening to every second of it. Honeymond is streaming now, and you gotta go see Ben at the Palace. You just have to. You'll be giving yourself a big gift, like I said.
Speaker 5: And if you don't live in New York, I'm going on tour after that, so yes, somewhere near you, so come see me.
Speaker 1: It'll be like pretty much the same.
Speaker 3: Thing stream honeymind now, I said, and I and Matt. Matt was saying, he nominates Ben. I have the envelope in my hand, and the winner.
Speaker 1: Is Ben's baby.
Speaker 5: You won, Babe, you want, but adrenals are so shot from the palace, they don't even know how to react.
Speaker 4: You gotta go see him quick before his adrenals totally give out because.
Speaker 1: Because they're they're they're on their last legs for the sore and he's chugging room temperature water just for you. It's gone from the whole episode. It's gone. That's good. You need your strength. We love you, Diva.
Speaker 4: I love you guys. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Ba a fucking quirks.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We end every episode with the song.
Speaker 2: Don't wish, don't start wishing, only wounds the choo.
Speaker 1: Is that the right one? There's a girl I know, girl, No, give me a little channel. He loves so do do do do, do do.
Speaker 4: Not. I'm gonna give it a lot to hear the rest of that. Listen to the Wicked soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Bye Bye, I'm still