Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Made it to a Friday.
Speaker 3: It's a meat Friday and apparently it's a surprise menure, secretive menu. Dylan and Tyler, they are doing double duty today. Don't know what the menu is for meat Friday? A collab here? Yes, Dylan, I just sent over to you Dan. Okay, well you can give me the menu.
Speaker 2: All right. So it's actually National Onion Day, Dan, and you know I hate onions, but we have to honor the national We do not have to honor onions. So you don't want onion rings. You guys can have onion rings. What else do you have? Bloomin onion? What else do you have? French onion zoop in summer? Oh my god? Okay, what else do you have? We also have grilled revis and loaded baked potatoes, okay with onions, caramelized onions.
Speaker 3: I'm sure on everything. Okay, great, thank you? Thanks running it by the home office here. Welcome to me Friday. Who's got it better than we do?
Speaker 2: No money?
Speaker 3: Question mark the Minister of Humors here, Dylan's in for seating today. Marv is here, Paula, yours truly and the brgs. Yes, Paul you I know you pretty well. You really don't like onions or eat things with onions? Are you gonna tap out?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I plow through it. Team player, you know, Meet Friday isn't all about me. It's about us, teamwork. This is what you do. So I'll try it, and you know, morale will pick up. I think I got'm low. Now I'm down in the dumps. Now, you know, I meet Friday and I'm not feeling great. Didn't know about the menu. You gave me a heads up that it was a National onion Day, and as soon as you said it, I go no. I hate onions. Feels like this was hidden from me. Feels like it was hidden from me. Yes, Dylan, what would be worse for you?
Speaker 2: National onion Day or National mayo Day? Mayonnaise that's number one. Yeah, it's a worthless condiment. I'm gonna have to disagree. It's just it's bland. But a turkey sandwich needs mayonnaise on it. No, it needs mustard on it. I can't abide. I'm sorry. Okay.
Speaker 3: We played golf the other day some of the backroom guys, and then we went to Seven Seas and had some beers and wings, and then I ordered a Turkey club and the waitress goes mayo, and I go, no mustard. And then Dylan goes, what like you were offended? And I go, I'm not putting mayo on this flabbergas is actually the real It's tasted great with mustard. Okay, come on, let's go, let's get started. Come on, let's go, Come on, let's rally here. It's a Friday. It's our one ready to go. Stat of the Day, brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of this program shout out to tire Rack. For forty years, they've been helping us get the right tires for how and what and where you drive, ship fast and freeback by free road hazard protection, convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. NBA Draft Round two is over. No freshman taken in round two, eighteen taken in round one. Talk a little bit more about that coming up. The ex Baltimore Raven kicker Justin Tucker suspended ten weeks.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that. Says he's innocent.
Speaker 3: Is rep says he's innocent, then why are you accepting a ten week suspension?
Speaker 2: Have that for you coming up?
Speaker 3: This almost feels like something that Maury Povich would have had on his show. Maury Povich, the former daytime host. He's got a new podcast, Golf Podcast, talks to some big stars. Maury Povich, the father will join us coming up. Marvin was a big Maury Povich fan because he liked when they would boo people when the guy would come out to see if he's the You know, two women are out there, both are pregnant, and then all of a sudden they do a DNA test and they'd introduced Jimmy Lipper and then the audience would go.
Speaker 6: Boo, boom, Shut up, y'all don't know me. Shout up, y'all don't even know the whole story. Murray, this is what happened. It was never Moury, It was Murray, Murray, Murray Povich, Murray, let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, Poe.
Speaker 4: Maury Povich was pretty groundbreaking at the time because it was like Oprah and Phil Donahu in the late eighties, in the early nineties and Maury Povich just before Jerry Springer kind of took it in that racy direction.
Speaker 2: And Springer took it to another level.
Speaker 3: But Maury Povich, like Maury Povich, wasn't as you know, down in the trenches the dirt like Jerry Springer was. Like Springer, Springer was the mayor of Cincinnati and famously paid a prostate with a check and then they kind of check came back.
Speaker 2: That's a bananas move.
Speaker 4: That's how I want to get caught here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think Maury gets lumped in with the Jerry Springer crowd.
Speaker 2: And so we'll talk to Maury Povitch.
Speaker 3: By the way, his father, Shirley Povich, that was his name, Shirley Povitch, longtime columnists, sports columnists for the Washington Post and like seventy years something crazy.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk to Maury Povich. She'll join us.
Speaker 3: And he's known as the Big Dumper, Cal Rolly, the Mariners catcher. He's hitting a lot of home runs. Okay, is this a good nickname? Most people get a nickname, like Kobe Bryant called himself the Black Mamba. You know, some guys just say, hey, this is my nickname. This is where you're called something, And sometimes you have no choice but to kind of accept it.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm known as the Big dump. Yes, Pully, it's fun.
Speaker 4: He's a big, thick dude, he's a catcher. It's easy to get to know him because of cal Rawley. Yeah, you kind of know that. But if you say, oh, the big dumper went yard, it makes you it crosses you over.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go around the room. Yeah, your name Big Dumper Todd. I'm cool with it, okay, Uh, Dylan.
Speaker 2: I'm absolutely cool with that. Alright, Marvin, I like it, okay, PAULI.
Speaker 4: I don't love it, but once it's in place, you don't fight it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get you know, he's a thick guy, he's a catcher.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I don't know. What kind of sponsorship do you get with the big Dumper dude?
Speaker 8: Wifes?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, total toilets. Oh okay, okay, we thought this out charming. How about a dump truck, big, the big dump truck, like a garbage company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something I don't know, maybe just him from behind, and that's the like the dump truck logo, the big Dumper. He'll join us a little bit later up, all right, phone calls. Always welcome eight seven to seven three d P show Tyler sitting by taking your phone calls. We say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app, and we say good morning to our radio affiliates around the country over four hundred cities that carry this award nominated program.
Speaker 2: All right, with the draft last night.
Speaker 3: It was kind of interesting from the standpoint of you actually knew some of the players last night. They've been around for a little while. This is the youngest first round as far as age goes in NBA history, going back modern era the ABA NBA merger, so you can go back to the seventy you know, let's say nineteen seventy average age nineteen years, three hundred and eight days. You had eighteen freshmen taken in the first round. You also had eight consecutive freshmen taken in the first round.
Speaker 2: Second round. It was just a little.
Speaker 3: Bit different because you had guys who were actually juniors and seniors, and you go, yeah, I remember that guy. Then he played at Florida. Oh that guy, Yeah, he played at Creighton. And these guys can make rosters. You know, the guys you're drafting potential in that first round the freshman who played one year, one and done. Where you get somebody who's a little more seasoned and they're going to be coming in, They're going to be more mature and probably be more accepting of their role, and these guys will probably be making you know, there's a few guys in the second round who will make rosters. The Ace Bailey situation, to me is interesting because he was drafted by Utah and Danny Ainge. But Ace Bailey's rep said, Hey, there's teams that we don't want to go to, we don't want to work out for, and I believe Utah was one of those teams. In fact, one was told specifically do not draft him, and that team could have been Utah. Because Ace Bailey out of Rutgers, he wanted to go to Brooklyn or Washington, and there were teams that passed on him, seventy six Ers, Charlotte, but Utah Danny Ainge is saying, hey, too much talent here, I'm going to take you. They're not even sure if he's going to show up. Normally, this is the day or maybe Saturday, where the player shows up, holds up the jersey and meets with the local media. I guess there's real concern in Utah that he might not be there. And Summer League starts pretty soon, and I think Utah they get started before just about anybody. There's real concern that you might have a guy who may not want to go to Utah and then what happens after that. And he's a guy who can play. I mean, he's athletic, but you know, I think he was just or his business people said he didn't want to go to seventy six for whatever reason. Like I think he wants he wanted to go where he knew he was going to play right away. He can put up numbers right away. And those places. Philadelphia's going to share the ball with Embiid and you know Paul George Maxie, you know he's not going to get his touches. Charlotte kind of a mess. You know, you got a ball dominant guard there. But I mean they end up taking Canipple from Duke, but they probably would have taken Ace Bailey if he was willing to go there. But Utah Danny Ainge, Hey, he's one of the slicker gms that we've had in recent memory. And maybe he looked at this and said, it's too much of a bargain. I can't pass up talent even if the guy doesn't want to come here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, it does feel like everyone's pointing that Utah saying that without saying it that Ace Bailey didn't want to go there. If this were the NFL, Danny Ainge would draft him and try to package a trade to Washington or to Brooklyn. But they would do that on draft night, like back in the day with Eli Manning. It wouldn't stretch over a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you wonder if you're taking talent, but what are you getting with that talent? I mean, I love talent, but there are times when you're dealing with talent. I love having it. I don't want to have to, like you got to deal with this, And you would think he would be excited to go there, but he might say, Hey, I don't want to live there. Yeah, these other places, I know I could probably be a star sooner. Like I understand all that. And he was upfront with people, but just trying to understand exactly why or why not with salt Lake and you know, the Summer League starts July fifth. So it starts in California July fifth, it starts in Salt Lake July fifth, then it starts in uh Vegas July tenth. Summer League July fifth is not very far away. What are we dealing eight days here before he's got to show up supposed to show up, Probably needs to show up before that, say a lo to the media and say how much you love Salt Lake City. Come in wearing a Karl Malone jersey, you know Mark Eaton. How about a horny jersey, Jeff HORNI sex.
Speaker 4: I'm harny for Utah.
Speaker 2: Who is my guy? Adam Keith Nice, Paul.
Speaker 3: Oh, Andre Carolenko, Young, Darren Williams.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So that to me, that's that's that great curiosity of And I'm gonna guess they didn't even interview the guy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess they didn't talk to Hiss Bailey. This is one of those.
Speaker 3: Now sometimes this happens in the NFL, and it'll be like a guy go, I didn't even talk to these people Jacksonville Blake Bortles. So they were drafting Blake Bortles. They never gave you the impression they were drafting Blake Bortles. They didn't even interview him because everybody thought, oh, man is Jacksonville taking Johnny Manziel. Then all of a sudden, they go Lake Bortles, and everybody went, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: We didn't know anything about this. It does happen.
Speaker 3: And I think he had like thirty five touchdown passes one year led the NFL maybe in touchdown passes.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul Lake Bortles is still one of the NFL mysteries that bothered me. I know, I shouldn't be making this left turn, but his second year in the league, thirty five touchdown passes. Now, he had eighteen picks, but thirty five.
Speaker 2: I'll take the thirty five.
Speaker 4: Four years later he's out of the sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how that happened? Yeah, look at Marvin all right.
Speaker 8: Yes, that threw me off. The thirty five touchdown passes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I knew he was the quarterback on the team that they were up on the pages in the AFC champion Chip Gean, he was.
Speaker 2: Going to go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: He's done seventeen.
Speaker 2: He was going to the Super Bowl eight years ago.
Speaker 8: He should have been.
Speaker 2: Nick Foles bounced around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, we'll take a break. We got to come up with the poll question. Dylan, that's your duty today, since you screwed up the menu.
Speaker 2: Screwed up or carefully calculated?
Speaker 3: Well with you might have been carefully calculated, Dylan line. Yes, carefully calculated, Tyler. Maybe it was something different. But it's a meat Friday and morales high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 10: Wow, goodbyes, baked.
Speaker 3: Potatoes, onions, onions, take a break here back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hi, this is Jay.
Speaker 11: I'm the producer of the Paula and Toni Fusco Show. Usually in these promos they ask you to listen to the show. I'm here to ask you please don't listen to the show. The hosts are two absolute morons who have the dumbest takes on sports imaginable. Don't listen to the show so it can get Camps.
Speaker 10: Who wha, what what the hell are you doing in our studio?
Speaker 2: Get him?
Speaker 10: PAULI, Ignore that fool.
Speaker 12: Listen to the Paula and Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 1: He's still moving.
Speaker 3: Friend of the show, Clayton Kershaw struck out five fourth consecutive win. He now has two nine and ninety seven career strikeouts, so three away from becoming Okay, how many pictures have at least three thousand strikeouts? There are two who are active. How many pictures in the history of the sport have at least three thousand strikeouts?
Speaker 8: Todd eleven.
Speaker 2: Of course, you'd say eleven.
Speaker 4: Paul going back to like the early nineteen hundred, it's the whole thing. I'll go thirteen, Marvin twelve, Dylan seventeen twenty.
Speaker 3: He is three away from becoming the twentieth pitcher in baseball history, justin Verlander. Max Schurzer the only active pitchers with three thousand strikeouts.
Speaker 2: But you know the way guys swing.
Speaker 3: Now, you might have pitchers get a lot of strikeouts, they just don't pitch that long. So your starting pitchers are going to pitch four or five, maybe six innings. All of these guys were pitching seven, eight, nine innings. But to get nobody's getting to three hundred wins. That won't happen again. And even looking at three thousand hits, they're not important. Base hits aren't important. I don't know why I would figure getting on bass as opposed to either hitting a home runner striking out. But and maybe that comes back where you get the guys hitting for average. You know, it's the analytics that changed baseball. Just like starting pitching, Why do we need you to go six or seven when we have all these middle relief guys. You throw one hundred, but Kershaw three thousand strikeouts more importantly, the fourth consecutive win, So congrats to him, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: When Clayton Kershaw retires, does that end the starting pitcher being a star?
Speaker 8: Era?
Speaker 2: Well, Verlander, Verlander is a star.
Speaker 4: And he'll go in the next year or two. Those two are like the last of the Insureser. Yeah, I mean Suresier's tailed off greatly, but h Verlander is married to a swimsuit model and like, you know, he's famous for Cy Young's. But when those guys go like, who is the next you know, is Jacob de gram go into that category of I mean schemes you think, but he's young, I mean de Gram's and great had a no hitter into what the eighth inning is, last start.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of young arms. I just don't know if they're it's like they're suppressed where you go, Hey, you're only going to pitch this. You're not a I don't think anybody talks about a starting pitcher as a workhorse anymore. It's just your starting pitcher. Hey, you get to start the game. Those guys come in, and then that guy comes in, and then that's it. But you know, show, Hey, Otani is the most famous pitcher, but he's not pitching a lot. It's just Oh, by the way, I think he hit another home run, So that's twenty eight home runs. Dodgers beat the Rockies, and Otani has fifty one home run since the start of last season that have gone at least four hundred plus feet, most in Major League Baseball. Seatur of the Day brought to you by a Panini America, the official Trading card said the Dan Patrick Show, Alan Atlanta joins us leading off this morning.
Speaker 2: High Al, what's on your mind? Dude? Morning, Dan?
Speaker 13: Have you meet Friday? One thing quickly before I get to what I called in for. I totally agree with you. Mustard is absolute dirt. Mustard, Sorry, not mustard. Mayonnaise is absolutely dirt. Mustard is king by day I set up. But now that the NBA season and the NHL season is over and.
Speaker 14: We've gotten past their final and finals and the NBA draft has happened, who cares about the NHL draft is a bunch of Eastern Europeans and Canadians and the piece we are now in the stretch of two months of baseball and soccer.
Speaker 15: Who's ready for summer?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 3: No, buddy, thank you. Al Let's see Doug in Ohio. Hi, Doug, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Morning?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 15: Six four, two thirty five.
Speaker 16: I had to weigh in on the whole Mayo versus mustard debate. Mustard might be the worst condiment ever invented.
Speaker 15: It's true.
Speaker 16: You put it on anything and all you taste is mustard. Now, if you're concerned about lack of taste with Mayo, had you considered miracle whip by any chance?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: No, none of it. None of it.
Speaker 3: Mayo is terrible. I've heard of miracle whip, Doug. They just give me a like what okay? I will say this. Growing up, Uh, we had ketchup and mustard, and when the ketchup was going to run out, my mom would put water in the bottle so the ketchup would last a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: We never had mayo growing up.
Speaker 3: Oh boooo, Dan, So I never you know, I got to New York and everybody's like, you know, you got to put mayo on your PISTROMI or and I go no, No, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Put mustard on there, Yes, Dylan, I didn't know mayo was like a luxury item. Isn't that kind of in the same world as mustard and ketchup?
Speaker 3: I we just didn't have it. You grew up with a you know, silver spoon in your mouth. I didn't.
Speaker 2: And there's mayonnaise on that spot I had, Yes, I had a spoon with nothing on it, and it was like pewter.
Speaker 3: But no, I just don't think my mom ever thought, you know, it's like ketchup and mustards. You know, here you go like, you know, stop complaining, Go get an apple. That was always my mom's response when we'd run out of like cold cuts, Get an apple, Go get some raisins.
Speaker 4: Yes, so on those paper thin bolooney sandwiches you took to school.
Speaker 2: What was on it? Mustard mustard?
Speaker 4: I think traditionally Midwestern it is mayoos.
Speaker 3: I never remember mayo in the in the refrigerator, and and we would put American cheese. It's slice of cheese, white bread, and a really really thin.
Speaker 2: Piece of ballooney. And so you'd get not one but two of those sandwiches, and then you'd get one of those little fruit cups, and then you'd have milk. That was it. They just Mom would set us out the door, and no one ever traded for my lunch ever. Ever. Yes, I feel like the demarcation line is like ham and ham. Adjacent stuff gets mustard, turkey, chicken that ilk gets mayout. I'm just telling you, I put mustard on it, Mustard on turkey, pistrami, pastrami. Yeah, hot dog? You no ketchup on hot dog?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 2: I'd like ketchup on a hot dog too. Yes.
Speaker 10: Do you like tuna fish at all?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 12: Okay, because that would be one of those things where, really, may, what are you eating right now?
Speaker 8: I'm not eating anything.
Speaker 10: A few minutes ago I had a granola bar.
Speaker 2: Well, I can hear it.
Speaker 8: May, there's a something a little stuck into you.
Speaker 12: I talk funny anyway, So on top of the slushy ess, you could add the piece of nuts from the granola bar. No thanks, was it hard to understand the scent structure together.
Speaker 3: I could hear that there was food in your mouth early remnants. Did you hear the yes, Yeah, like something was stuck in your teeth and you were talking.
Speaker 10: Now I can't win. I haven't heard from you all days.
Speaker 12: Good time you came in to work to it and then I talked, and then I got something abound there also.
Speaker 2: Now it's on me.
Speaker 12: No, But now I'll probably stop talking till like eleven twenty because I'll be like feeling like maybe I'm gonna make that sound again.
Speaker 8: And now it's good that they take to work today.
Speaker 2: Well, just stop eating.
Speaker 10: I just took a little bite out of a granola bar. Anything might have a sandwich or something.
Speaker 12: It's like sustenance to get through the day. It's like, take a sip of water.
Speaker 2: Why is it always on me?
Speaker 12: It's like, I just why would you eat a Sicilian pizza in the middle of it? But I took a little nibble literally five minutes ago. But obviously I guess it's still something stuck in my gum or something, and it's my fault, it's not And I was safe during the commercial break to take a nibble, But ten minutes after the fact, it's still stuck in my.
Speaker 2: Too, John and Phoenix joints this. Good morning John, Hey, good morning Dan.
Speaker 18: Long time.
Speaker 19: Uh six to two minus a kidney due two just had it taken out due to cancerous tumors on it. Yeah, I just want to I think you need to ban Dylan off the desk because that's not meet Friday. It's called onion Friday, and he should be gone wow. And then Fritzy. I think he needs to have a new nickname, God whiner.
Speaker 2: Fritz Wow. Okay, John taking shots there, back, Bro, Do.
Speaker 10: I really whine a lot?
Speaker 2: M Do you whine a lot?
Speaker 8: I don't think I do.
Speaker 2: I think you're passive, aggressive.
Speaker 10: And you're a reception be considered.
Speaker 2: You're really good at shifting blame, really good.
Speaker 10: That's not whining. That's shifting blame and aggressive. Different word.
Speaker 3: You never just say yeah, you're right and then it ends or my bad, then it ends.
Speaker 10: I have a tough time with that. Yes, so probably not the only one on this half that has.
Speaker 2: No no, no, see you just did it.
Speaker 10: There you go, not just just drag.
Speaker 3: All you need to do is say yeah, you're right, My bad. You just shifted blame to.
Speaker 10: A public example of where you're a kissing me though, this is.
Speaker 2: This has gone on for twenty years a tick twenty years time.
Speaker 10: You're just gonna stop whining.
Speaker 2: You're gonna lead me into retirement. You're going to force me into reach in.
Speaker 10: Two thirds years.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're gonna this might be in early return.
Speaker 10: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and if it happens, it'll be because of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: But I think of the word why, it comes with some kind of sound. Yeah, I don't think that's the sound of my voice.
Speaker 3: Zach and Knoxville joints US. Good morning, Zach. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 17: Hey DP, thanks for taking my call. Just to defend as Bailey a little bit. He probably wasn't even sheriff. You should have shown up, well, I'm sure and along along the lines with a big dumper. I think that's a great sports nickname, but if you are an office worker or work in construction, then probably not not a great nickname. And I just had one question for Marvin. I am a pie of the face for the NBA Finals. So did he have a preference or is it dealer's choice on that?
Speaker 9: No, No, Zach is all up to you. All right, we want to do it whichever pie. Yeah, dealer's choice.
Speaker 3: Make sure somebody takes a video and sends it, sends it into a sec Thank you, Paul and Iowa.
Speaker 2: Paul in Iowa, Hye, Paul, Hey dan Well.
Speaker 5: I didn't think my sports cart was going to be hijacked by condiments this morning, but as a Midwesterner, I have to give my input that all cold meat sandwiches should be with mayo or at the most a honey mustard.
Speaker 15: While mayo is more versatile, mustard is more delicious. I'll give that one to you. But my call today was yesterday you asked what is the best organic high school basketball team in recent memory? I think I have one for you. The Ames High School Public Community School District Little Cyclones in Ames, Iowa, in two thousand and nine. In twenty ten, went undefeated for two seasons, won back to back state championships with six Division one athletes on the team, headlined by number one recruiting the nation, Harrison Barnes, and another six foot eight player you might have heard of, future college Player of the Year Doug McDermott.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the coach from Verdi was talking about his team might be the greatest high school team of all time.
Speaker 2: And it's a prep school. You're going there to play basketball. I was looking for a community high school, you know, a traditional high school. And that's why you're not the greatest high school team of all time if you're a prep school.
Speaker 9: Yes, Martin, I found out yesterday that Mount Verde they're not allowed to participate in the state championships in Florida.
Speaker 3: Well they shouldn't be. They're prep school. I mean, you're bringing in kids who are planning on playing one year in college and going to the NBA.
Speaker 8: They should be playing in March Made.
Speaker 3: They should be a G League. They should play in the G League. Seriously, Mont Verdi should be playing some G League teams.
Speaker 9: Yes, Mark, When I was working at the Mothership of high school basketball, RJ. Beard and Andrew Namhart were both on Mount Verde. Like, this isn't a high school basketball team.
Speaker 3: Jeff in New Orleans, Hi, Jeff, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 18: DP, I uh, I'm Jeff with Jeff with a J and one F. Listen, I want to.
Speaker 2: Oh, GF GF one F.
Speaker 3: Though i'd add, you know what, if you're getting one, if it's g E O F, then add another F to it.
Speaker 13: Jeff, it's just a E F.
Speaker 2: It's like Todd. Todd should be t O D.
Speaker 18: You know you don't need two d's.
Speaker 2: Oh you're just j j E F yeah, just j E. Wait what happened to the other F?
Speaker 18: I don't need it?
Speaker 15: Listen.
Speaker 18: I got to ask you two questions.
Speaker 2: I got to ask you this.
Speaker 18: Do you do you eat like scrambled eggs or omelets? Do you like eggs?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 18: Okay? Now do you you eat salads?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 18: Do you have like vinegartte dressings on them? Do you do you like oil and vinegar?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 18: Okay, so you already eat mayonnaise. Man is made of two things egg, eggs, boil.
Speaker 3: But I don't take it out of the jar and slather it on a sandwich. There's other things that are in the salad or in the eggs that make them palatable. Yeah, don't pressure me, Jeff with one F, I'm going to give you another F. Here F off get that f out of here, Zach and Iowa Isaac.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Dan, good morning.
Speaker 20: It is just sometimes painful to listen to Fretsie stick up for himself.
Speaker 2: I love the guy.
Speaker 20: I think everything he does is great, and obviously it brings a ton of the show. But in the same right, how do you not acknowledge that you are whiny.
Speaker 7: And just be open with it. You're a little whiny, that's all right. My other question was what age do you think you grew up and matured beyond the point that you only like yellow mustard, that you're okay with Dejahn, with brown, with spic sy. Those are my two things for you.
Speaker 3: We never had, you know, Gray Poupond, I didn't have choices. If you saw the refrigerator with six kids and you'd go.
Speaker 2: How'd you guys get so big?
Speaker 3: There wasn't anything in there. My dad had a six pack of Schlitz beer. There was milk in there, apples, maybe some cold cuts, and some American cheat like there. Come on, there was plenty of room in my refrigerator growing up. Just say yes, Marva.
Speaker 9: I was just saying, this is difference between being broke and being poor. Were you guys broke.
Speaker 3: I don't know what we didn't have, Like, I didn't know that. The only time I ever realized that we didn't have things is when I went down to the street to a family and we went there for Christmas and I've never seen a floor where you couldn't walk because they were all these gifts. And I went back and you know, it was like, damn, we don't have any money. But my parents were really good at kind of disguising that that we didn't have money. I mean, I got hand me ups from my older brother who's five to ten and I was six three. Try that. Try that on for sides. When you go to school and you've got your brother's pants on.
Speaker 2: You know, not good.
Speaker 3: But you know I have great value for things. I never you know, I keep working. I saw my mom's struggle. It made me a heart. All my brothers and sisters unbelievable workers, and you know, don't want to retire, but you know, you see that firsthand.
Speaker 2: We weren't poor. We just didn't have things.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like I got my I didn't get my driver's license because we didn't have a car for me to drive. So I was eighteen, I was riding a bicycle. I rode the school bus when I was a senior in high school. What senior rides the bus? No money? But I had great, loving parents who made us feel like we had everything. They were very, very, you know, good at doing that. Yes, marm So you guys were rich in love. Yeah, that means we're really really got you.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pour is not the right word. But like midwestern five kids, one parent working, there's no room. There's no budget for luxury items like an extra TV or a bunch of extra things from the grocery store.
Speaker 3: We had one car. There were six, six kids, you know. But it made me. I'm well aware of the value of things. Quality of things absolutely made me a better person. Although at the time I had friends who had Corvettes, sixty nine Chevelle, three, ninety six Chevelle. I remember all these cars. One guy had a Mustang. All these cars and I depended on them. I even had a friend who had a hornet. Look at that car. But I'll be damned if he came by to pick me up. I was getting in it. I didn't care if you're going to take me to a basketball game, baseball game.
Speaker 2: A concert. I'm all all in, but they all had cars and I didn't bad. It's tough to go out on a date, you know it is. Where are we going?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'd have to walk.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the striver's gonna pick us up a ship love dinner, and then we'll go to the movies.
Speaker 8: He'll wait for us, he said, he'd wait in the pucking.
Speaker 2: You can ride the handlebars. Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 8: Look at the hottie on the huffey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, yeah, all right, how about we take a break? You know, woe is me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't Ma growing up or great roupon. No, I didn't, blooney, that is true. I should get one of my brothers on the phone, have him acknowledge the thin the thinnest slice of bulloon. First of all, it's bolooney. We couldn't even afford a thicker slice of ballooney.
Speaker 2: It's already thin. I promise you.
Speaker 3: I could hold it up right now, and I could see images of you guys through the bologney.
Speaker 2: I could like, lenen, Okay, let's go, come.
Speaker 10: On, come on here.
Speaker 3: We got better days ahead, all right.
Speaker 2: Let me take a break, and our play of the day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio. Wap oh my God of the day, Thank God, this is the.
Speaker 4: Play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check this out and Otani swigs it's a drive dick right center field, way back.
Speaker 10: To the wall and ask God a home run show, Hello, Tony home run number twenty eight and the show rolls on in.
Speaker 3: Denver courtesy of AM five seventy and Least Sports Dodgers Radio Network. Dodgers who won four in a row ten of their last twelve. Play of the Day brought to you by Express Employment Professionals. They will help you find a job and they don't charge you a fee. They have a sweet spot logistics rolls and Express never charges you a job seeker fee. Go to expresspros dot com. Dylan in for a Seaton this week. Poll question today, or at least the options are.
Speaker 2: Well for starters. Dan in honor of Cal Rawly beyond what's the best nickname in sports history? Sports history? Got a lot of options there.
Speaker 3: Dang, Okay, the dumper is a good one for Cal Rawley of Seattle. But you got Muhammad Ali was known as the greatest.
Speaker 2: That's tough to beat. But then Gretzky was the great one. Now did Ali called it? I think Ali called himself the greatest, whereas a writer labeled Gretzky the great one. Magic Johnson, that was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, point, I think I'm going with Magic for a couple of reasons. Irvin Johnson is not a memorable name. But you give a guy magic and he comes into the league as Magic Johnson to the Lakers, it's such an easy name to remember, he says, a unique player. When you say the word magic had thirty two last night and you don't have to explain in any way. That's and it also branded him in the Lakers as this showtime cool brand.
Speaker 3: And Tiger Woods. If it's Eldrick Woods, all you have to do is say Tiger. And that's named after a guy that Tiger's dad served in the War with I think that that was his friend's nickname.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin Prime time Prime. But Dion named himself Prime.
Speaker 8: But he's so good.
Speaker 9: Him and Kobe, they're the guys they named themselves and they were so good that they lived up to the nickname. And people just kept rolling with it.
Speaker 2: And Ali calling himself the greatest. Yes, Dylan, what about late add Todd Weiner, Fritz for originality a right? Or refrigerator Perry. Those are my two, those two. Refrigerator Perry. That's a great nickname, just refrigerator. Yeah, the fridge, Yes, Tom.
Speaker 10: You what the iceman? I like that? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a lot of great nicknames. I don't know if you could zero in and say that's the greatest nickname. What was Ted Williams Teddy ball game? It's pretty good. Larry Legend, uh splendid splinter.
Speaker 8: That's not good.
Speaker 2: The slim Reaper for Durant is a good one. Yeah, but he didn't. I don't think he liked it.
Speaker 3: I like the durantel though, is getting He didn't like that one either, And there's there's a lot of them. Uh, Donnie baseball un mattingly that's pretty good.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark white Chocolate, Yeah, I like that, Johnny Football.
Speaker 2: The white Lobster, Cooper flag, yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: Not catching on yet, not yet? The work shopping. There's ones that don't get used every day, like you wouldn't refer to the person but Dominque Wilkins, the human highlight reel. That's cool.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. That's cool. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: The bus bus yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, there's there's so many of them. The Express. Nolan Ryan was the Express. I saw where he threw. I don't know how long ago this was, but Nolan Ryan, I think, is in his eighties. I think he can throw his age.
Speaker 2: I think he can.
Speaker 3: It's that high leg kick, but it's you know when somebody says, oh, can you shoot your age in golf, that's a big deal. Here's Noley on the mound throwing like eighty four miles an hour. He's seventy eight years of age and he can still throw in the eighties.
Speaker 2: I believe. Yes, he can still.
Speaker 3: Throw harder than Jamie Moyer did at the height of Jamie Moyer's career.
Speaker 2: Yes, Toud, it's amazing.
Speaker 10: As armor is still attached to his body.
Speaker 12: They have him pitch eleven twelve innings for two hundred and fifty pitches in a game that was insane bets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those days are long gone, Todd. You gotta move on gone. Yeah, you got to evolve. You got to appreciate the pitcher. You can go out there and he can give you everything he's got for four innings. That's what you want. That's a lot for He is a work horse. Wait, just send him out every fifth day. He's a work horse. He pitches about I don't know, twenty innings a month. Maury Povich is going to join us. You are not the father and the big dumper, Carol Raleigh