Speaker 1: I See's Daily Game. It's a production of iHeartRadio. What's up to sight See? You're listening to the Daily Game, the compilation of motivational quotes I've collected over the years that I found inspiring and helped me through the game of life. Today's quote comes from a legendary homie from Los Angeles. He's a jeweler to the stars, grew up in South central Los Angeles, one of my Korean homeboys. But he's definitely gangster ben Baller. He says, nowadays, people are more concerned with looking successful than actually working to be successful. Once again, the curse of social media. You in the picture you got the Gucci belt. One day I was talking to people around and saying, why these brothers sag solo? Why did they sag they pants solo? And a youngster told me so we could see the belt, the Gucci belt or whatever Basachi belt. The T shirt hangs to a certain level to show the belt. I have to wear my pants that low. I'm like you are that concern about flosson. We are so concerned right now with looking the part versus being the part.
Speaker 2: Now there's a theory out there.
Speaker 1: It's somebody's pushing, which is faked till you'll make it.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 1: I always did say you keep your front up, your back will be okay.
Speaker 2: I have nothing wrong with looking good.
Speaker 1: You never want to look bad because say you need help, Well, if you come to me looking bad bad, I might think you'll never be back on your feet. So whatever I help you with, you'll never repay it. If you look good, I might be like, okay, this is just a minute, he'll be right back. So there's two ways of looking at this. So I don't have nothing wrong with trying to look good. I think we all should look good, you know, as possible. But fake it till you make it. That pushes the line that's like lying. Faking to me means really really lying, saying you own record labels, saying this, saying that, taking pictures with people and claiming you know them in all that kind of way. Because even if you finagle yourself into a position, you're not going to be able to come with the goods. You still have to have the goods. They're gonna find that you're a fraud at some point. So I'm split on that theory of faking it till you make it. I say, look good at all costs. Nobody wants to believe in somebody doesn't carry they self with a little bit of dignity and a little bit of class.
Speaker 2: But fake it till you make it.
Speaker 1: And now people are so concerned with looking successful they don't even care if they're broke. They don't even care if they're actually being successful. A player told me one time, he said, ice squares run the world. He said, we spend so much time trying to look fly and be fly that we not handling the business. And then the square guy that you thought couldn't dress or whatever, he's in school and he graduates and he gets the big job, and now he just passes in the Lamborghini paid for and more money coming every month, while we over here concentrating on looking fly, looking successful, but not being successful.
Speaker 2: I say, work hard.
Speaker 1: So it can be real, you know, so you can make it and you can stop faking it.
Speaker 2: Here's the big problem.
Speaker 1: Once people get master faking it, they tend to never stop, and they never stop faking it even when they get some money. They are continuously being fake. And that's a pathetic life. This has been another ice colde fact from me iced Tea, listening again tomorrow when I drop some wisdom on your ass Till then, stay safe, stay smart, and remember what's on the inside always has to be more important than what's on the outside.
Speaker 2: Icey's Daily Game.
Speaker 1: It is a production of iHeartRadio, Final Level Entertainment and Oddity, an Asylum entertainment company. The show's executive producer is Noel Brown. Supervising producer is Jordan run Talk. If you like what you heard, please subscribe and leave us a review. For more podcasts on iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Not every quote in this podcast was created by me. Each quote has been researched to find its origin and give proper credit it to its creator.