Speaker 1: And you cann't tell because my thumb is this shape.
Speaker 2: But you know I could tell. What do you mean this shape? Got the old tom.
Speaker 1: Shorties?
Speaker 2: Those are like regular as thumbs to me.
Speaker 3: Thank you, don't try. Don't try to make it like your thumbs are popping like that, Catherine. They look like regular ass thumbs to me.
Speaker 2: Your thumbs are better than me. Oh you think you say your thumbs are better than me? Huh, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm actually like really good at a thumb war because even though they're too short, they are really strong, so like I just reach over and grab them.
Speaker 2: Oh do you?
Speaker 4: But you should make a movie like Rudy about your thumb when you do a thumb wore?
Speaker 2: Are you going at the base? Are you going? Are you trying to go over? Are you like I'm over the top like that movie.
Speaker 4: Oh, over the top, like Slash Life alone.
Speaker 2: You come over the top with the thumb war.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, that's a good part is if you chigo one two, three four I declared, And then before you get thumb war, you just fucking do it.
Speaker 2: You're like, sorry, blitz Creek, that's cheating. I don't think that's allowed. Cheated. One two blitz Greek go.
Speaker 4: That's actually the best strategies before before the game starts, you just start scoring buckets on the other team.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It's just during warm ups. These count right, These count right just under the swish switch switch switch, these can count for one. I don't care.
Speaker 4: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season four to oh nine, Episode four of Dirty Gust. Oh man, I can't believe we didn't see it until now four O nine to four revelations.
Speaker 2: Oh Boom ninety four.
Speaker 3: Where the Armor of Christ boom, protect yourself with the blood Boom You'll.
Speaker 2: Be You'll be heavy Boom.
Speaker 4: This is a podcast where we take a deep bave into America's share consciousness. And it is Thursday, October ninth. Damn another nine show up Nines. The Nines are coming up twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: What a dude? This is?
Speaker 3: This is so stupid, you know how I'll read off the days and like they'll just be like l's it's like kiss a cop Day or some shit. First of all, I rench a cop. It's a National moldy cheese Day. Uh, and then also pro life cupcake Day.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is dumb ass shit? Anyway?
Speaker 4: I prefer my cupcakes to be a little more progressive.
Speaker 3: But thank you, I like to might be moldy like the cheese. Where's the day for that fucking cupcakes? So is that like you buy a cupcake for a pro life hos?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the convinced someone to see the light by getting them, like, maybe treat someone to a cupcake.
Speaker 2: Who's thinking that's what it took?
Speaker 4: What if I just came out of pro life because someone got me a cupcake? I was like, I'm sorry, guys, was the last time you got me a cupake?
Speaker 2: Somehow? It wasn't money or these other things. It was a cupcake. Really charmed by this cupcake.
Speaker 4: My name is Jack O'Brien aka he's bopping downstairs now?
Speaker 2: Whoa Obama walks?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: Hey? That one courtesy of snarfulaw on the Discord, in reference to Donald Trump's seething jealousy over how well Obama walks downstairs. Yeah, just rubbing that shit in our faces, rubbing his flexible functional knees in our faces.
Speaker 2: You can't do that. You can't be boop poop poop.
Speaker 4: You gotta walk down cool and slow with your legs locked out like a robot from a nineteen fifty sci fi movie.
Speaker 3: That's the way, just my rigid right leg has nothing to do with prefrontal prefrontal dementia or whatever the experts are trying to say on the internet.
Speaker 2: It's called swag.
Speaker 4: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister.
Speaker 2: Miles Gras Miles Great, He Mayo capes cape me. Really excuse me? Sex you will? Feeling is sex you will? Phelis baby Mayo blows my mind. Okay, shout out to Parkula.
Speaker 3: We're talking about how Stephen Miller is a Mayo guy a few days ago, which is we knew that without even knowing that.
Speaker 4: We knew that could we knew that, Yeah, he was a Mayo guy before anything else that that was just assumed, baseline presumed Mayo guy. Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant anti racism educator, activist, writer, creator of the acclaimed podcast White Homework.
Speaker 2: It's Tory Williams Douglas.
Speaker 1: Hi, thanks for having me back. I'm so excited. This is the perfect week for me, specifically to be here as a Portlander who did not get raptured.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, damn Portland, and we are sorry about that. We're yeah, not the not the not the federal invasion, about the right, No.
Speaker 2: No, no, about the rapture. Yeah, because one of those is made up exactly.
Speaker 1: Wait which one? Which one's?
Speaker 3: Tune in later for my overrated Uh yeah, hell yeah, how is uh?
Speaker 2: What's I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I think every time we have a guest on where the Magical the Fash across America tour lands in their city, I'm guessing things feel shitty, a little muted because these people rolled up. Although you know, I'm sure all the action is limited to like two blocks of a city, but they're gonna say your whole city's melting down.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the video that they posted it was like again a beautiful day, like the video that like the whatever the fash influencers Betty Johnson Johnson postings like it was like a beautiful day. There was some some media and a guy in a chicken suit.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean every time they say they're invading, it's like it's gorgeous out What the fuck are you talking?
Speaker 4: I know?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, it is deeply overrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean just also just but the vibes instantly go down and you're like, oh my god, the goons are in town again.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, in the in that like particular neighborhood, but that the bikes have already been down there. I think I've mentioned this before, because the ice facility and the Tesla dealership are like right next to our neighbors.
Speaker 2: It's perfect.
Speaker 1: It's just a NonStop like there's always just a couple of people there with signs. Yeah, pretty much all day every day because it's a twofer, you know, and so yeah, have to.
Speaker 4: Get fucked in your general direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to that, to that part of that.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's not a through street, so they're not like blocking traffic or anything. Kind of it's sort of a little bit of a dead end sort of situation. And people just like drive their Tesla's past the protesters every day and then the protesters are like across the street from the Ice facility.
Speaker 2: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 4: But you're not going to get any help in there if you're a Tesla. Tesla's customer service notoriously, they're like, I don't know, man, we don't really have people who work here, so you're kind of on your own.
Speaker 1: Come talk to our bot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, I saw a Tesla getting towed out of my neighborhood yesterday and I was like, oh, well, there it goes.
Speaker 4: There it is dust. Couldn't have less sympathy for anyone into Tesla Tory. We're thrilled to have you. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're going to delve further into whatever sexually is going on between Stephen Miller, his wife, and Jesse Waters, because the vibes are strange. We talked yesterday about Jesse waters interview with Stephen Miller's wife where he like opened it up being like, so you're married to Stephen Miller, you must be the envy of every woman in America. And it was like, buddy, that was definitely sarcastic. Wait a second, and he like kind of doubled down in a way that what it's hard to read. Does he want to like be the third in their relationship or is he mocking Steven Miller? Right, you'll you'll be the judge. We're gonna play some clips and we'll talk about the question of whether going woke means going broke when it comes to the performance of movies, which spoiler Alert does not. But before we get any of that toy, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 1: Well? I was trying to remember what animal or species evolved before sharks, because I know that sharks evolved like a shit ton long time ago.
Speaker 2: Like millions of years, right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Like hundreds of millions of years if I recall correctly, and so I was like, wait, what came before that? And then I wound up on what I think is an AI website. It's called Oldest Oldest dot org. So I was checking that out. Is great, They've got a list. Some of them look like they could be right, horseshoe, crab, jellyfish over five hundred million years, elephant shark it says four hundred million. I don't but I don't know, and so I was like, ooh, I'm going to do some more research and see if this is an AI website or not. And I think that it is because the the animal that you can see the oldest animal you can see, you know, that's visible to the naked eye on this website, so like something post bacteria or something that came after bacteria evolved our tenophors. I think I pronounced that right. Comb jellies, and on oldest dot Org claims that comb jellies experience about half of the same disease as the humans do, and I was like, I don't think that's right. I got a little cold, like wait a second, So then I had to do a deep dive into that do comb jellies have the same diseases as humans? And Google AI tells me no, I couldn't find the research that oldest dot org looked up or said they're like the NIAH is doing research on comb jelly's because they're trying to figure out how to like solve disease. And I was like, again, I can't find this NIH paper that they failed to link to. So anyway, I'm just trying to figure out, like what what animals evolved first?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It's a shame that you end up on some like ai slop website that's clearly just shitting out listicles. I'm looking at oldest dot org here, and I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: And it's a little bit like Internet nineteen nights, like circa nineteen ninety eight, like the images, and so it's weird because it's like AI slot plus like old timey Internet. And I'm just like, I don't know what to make of the old and new just making shit up on the Internet. The Internet does want to do.
Speaker 2: I like how my cursor changes into a sparkly wand when I hover over the links, like an old GeoCities website of old.
Speaker 4: Horseshoe crabs are the most ancient looking thing. Like when you look at those, you're like, oh, this is like out of old motherfuckers. Yeah, this is this couldn't look any more or like it was a first draft. That is just like kind of still hamming around. Oh yeah that thing, Yeah, you flip that thing over. It's like a fucking horror movie in there, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They always get flipped over on the Jersey shore, on the beach of the Ocean City, and it's just fucking gnarly under there because they live for a long time and they get like barnacles and all these like other things like growing on them.
Speaker 2: Can you eat them?
Speaker 4: Horseshoe crabs, Yeah, not that I've ever heard of. They're mainly like plates and hard things. I don't think you'd want to eat a horseshoe crab.
Speaker 2: The one place I'm seeing a horseshoe crab thing is bush Guide one oh one. So it sounds like you're probably not choosing to eat a horseshoe crab. Sure, okay.
Speaker 4: Also, you're probably not on bush Guide looking for this information. I think you got to here going going for something else.
Speaker 3: I'm on bush Guide trying to go figure out what's going on with these crabs in.
Speaker 1: My bush deserted Island.
Speaker 4: Reddit, Reddit and Wikipedia, like that's the only thing that I like go to. There's just a r slash Revolution or our slash evolution from five years ago. It has all the information that you need. It's and then AI is just remixing that ship over and over again. It looks like a website from two thousand and eight, because that is what they're remixing.
Speaker 2: They're just chopping it up. Oh no, you can eat them inland, Okay, I'm sure you could.
Speaker 3: I need a high horseshoe grab before I hit a New Jersey, like a Jersey shore one that's yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Jersey Shore ones all have like drug problems and ship Yeah, like that's what higher rubbery.
Speaker 1: They're high. Yeah, they're high on cocaine that gets left water.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: But I like I saw one that was had washed up and I like flipped it back over and it just pulled a reverse like it was just like looking at me and just like reversed into the ocean like Homer Bush Gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was kind of cool.
Speaker 4: WHOA what is something you think is under hat toy?
Speaker 1: I have to say underrated for me recently is if you have kids the seven eleven app, because they give you discounts on like Slurpees and ship and my kids love that stuff. So I've been going in there and my kids just get all their little treats and it comes up to like four dollars and all you have to do is give them like your cell phone or your email, And I think that that is a worthwhile trade off for seven eleven kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Part of kids, do you have like a special seven eleven email that.
Speaker 2: Hotmail dot com?
Speaker 1: Yeah aol, Yeah, but it's it's great if you, like me, give your kids treats that you grew up with as a child, that most millennial parents don't allow their children to have. Like, you know, blue slurpies.
Speaker 2: A Slurpees are so good, Jack kids have blue slurpies. Not yet.
Speaker 4: It's like looking back at what I was drinking at their age, Like I was on a like I had a strong preference in the pepsi versus coke debate at age seven. I was like, I'm a pepsi guy. Get this coke out of here. Yeah, Like, my kids have never had a pepsi.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they've never had a pepsid. Be fine, they've never had like a caffeinated beverage.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I need to float an idea here. Guys, Look how young we all look.
Speaker 2: J Free Yeah, but Jack was drinking all that shit though.
Speaker 1: I know I'm saying.
Speaker 2: This is what I said that yeah, right right right?
Speaker 1: We look great. And that is what I decided. After that discourse came up. Why do millennials look so good? I was like, oh shit, my kids are getting mac and cheese and hot dogs. My kids are getting blue slurpies. Yeah, I'm just like I'm giving all of this to them because you still look great, So why not.
Speaker 3: Certainly it's not genetics at all, it's it's your mac.
Speaker 1: And but our parents, I mean, our parents age like normal people, and we are not aging like normal people. I'm just floating.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we also don't have like we didn't have like like our parents. We didn't have like parents for like PTSD and didn't know what it was, so just like fucking freaked out on them all the time.
Speaker 2: And then we got like cigarette small we got like the lesser version of that.
Speaker 3: And then also we didn't have to like man like just when I think about like this ship, my parents said they used to do it as like kids for work, and I'm like what my grandpa was like, I had to steal I had to steal coal from the coal yard in Chicago to keep the house clean.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, he's like eleven, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh god, damn, yeah, no, wonder my ass was playing Donkey Kong Country and shit. Not that Cortisol was not building up at that age, I'll say that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they were all smoking, they were all drinking, like everybody was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just like looking back at like articles from the eighties where people are like new controversial law past says people can't drink and drive, and then they like interview people who are like, yeah, right, I'd like to see them take this beer out of my hand, like as they drive away and I pick up drive into a light pole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: The reporting coming out the like secondhand smoke is a thing. They're like, come on, I'm not smoking, but how could it possibly.
Speaker 3: My fondest memories are being with my mom in Japan as like because you know, she didn't have a babysit or something, so I'll go with her like a work dinner, but it was late, so I would fall asleep like on her lap and just all the cigarettes smoke above me from all the people's smoke cigarettes at the data like and I was just like, ah, the familiar scent of mother and secrets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my grandma would come through. She there was there was not an option of like making her smoke outside, so we just had like some fan thing that was in our house, but oftentimes not in the same room as her, as she was just ripping through a pack of debt right.
Speaker 2: Right, right, Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, this is the one where they go when they're talking about the people drinking and driving want a cane.
Speaker 5: I put in a hard day's work, put in eleven twelve hours a day, and they ain't getting a truck and the lace right one or two beers.
Speaker 3: They're making laws where you can't drink when you want to, can't you have to wear a seat belt when you drive.
Speaker 1: Presume we're gonna be calm this country. That was the argument against seat belts, like New York and California forcing people to wear seatbelts. Reach in your car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the communist man, who tell me the communist country man, make you buckle up? Think about what that did to us.
Speaker 4: Think about what that did to our brains and to our spirits to have to be caged in by seat belts every time we drive in a car, as opposed to.
Speaker 2: By getting an accident.
Speaker 1: I want to be thrown clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you be able to surf on top of the car when you were driving on the highway?
Speaker 3: It's like the rapture, like I'm sending into heaven from the accident because my body's long.
Speaker 2: Boom, there he goes. You've got the armor of God on saved boom.
Speaker 4: I still haven't gotten a good answer to this, and maybe we can ask Torri, but like, what how much does being indoors prevent you from being physically raptured? Because like all of the videos I saw people people's forms were being like lifted up into the sky, Like are our windows.
Speaker 2: Breaking as people are being raptured?
Speaker 4: Are they getting like smashed against the ceiling? Are they getting chopped up by a fat drip?
Speaker 1: There's there's dueling theories or I guess dueling theologies you might say about whether you get raptured like bodily, like your body gets physically taken up into the diskind I think what I mean, Like we we believed that like yeah, your whole body would just ascend, but you get zoips right. It wasn't like you had to go through the airplane ceiling. No, no, it wasn't. In the Bible, this was just like what we sounds biblical.
Speaker 4: The Bible calls it, yeah, off into the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So some people thought like your whole body went. Some people thought your clothes got left. That was that became very popular.
Speaker 2: No sex, so and.
Speaker 4: Rules the terminator time travel can't only naked forms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh, Yeah, I mean clothes can't time travel. I think that's just established fact. Peter c All said, so and so, yeah, if you.
Speaker 4: Got rapture where you were pooping, what if you got rapture while you were having sex, Like that.
Speaker 2: Was just thought.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't if you were having sex you missed the boat.
Speaker 4: Well you pro created sex with a with a.
Speaker 1: Human, opposite sex, opposite gender partner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm just saying it could be awkward to have your naked form appear.
Speaker 1: But in heaven your bar you're like, you got Barbie parts. That is biblical, that's in scripture.
Speaker 2: You will oh real, Yeah that was I don't need to leave all that yeah.
Speaker 1: Heaven, No, absolutely not. Jesus said this very clearly.
Speaker 2: This is fucked up. What did Jesus say? He's like, bro, you ain't gonna scrub one out up here.
Speaker 1: There they were arguing over some people were arguing with Jesus over like okay, if you get married and then your wife dies, and then you get remarried and then you go to heaven, who are you married to? That was like the trick question that they tried to get Jesus with.
Speaker 2: And he was like.
Speaker 1: That he's getting married.
Speaker 3: That is leadership when they go, well, what about thinking you got Jesus tripped up and goes, how about this asshole?
Speaker 2: You got no dick? Next question got him and he goes and high fives all the do you cook? You were cooking, Jesus, you were cooking, bro? What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Portland being a hot bought, a hot bed of Antifa activity, highly overrated. Our exploits are just really popping off, and I just you know, we're here, we're doing our best, but most of us are at work. Guys like you don't need to invade. Most of us are taxpayers, honestly, unfortunately for everyone.
Speaker 2: And that's why there's.
Speaker 1: Only like the one frog guy down at the ice headquarters. Like, that's why it's only that one dude down there by himself.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the stitch costume too? I think I saw someone in a stitch costume also.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe so maybe Chicago Unicorn Chicken. The frog guy has like magic powers. He's like pumping the Ice officers. They're like, yeah, that's like a pumping in front of them, and they're not they're really not there for it. And it's great anyway. Yeah, but in terms of like our our our violence, I would say that Portland violence is overrated, just as.
Speaker 2: A general.
Speaker 4: Here, it's just confirming. This is coming from somebody who lives in Portland, and I don't know. I'm just saying it sounds like somebody who might work in the HR department of Antifaye.
Speaker 1: I mean, I live in Portland.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. I live in Portland. Ya.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, Well we're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We're going to come back.
Speaker 4: We'll talk rapture, we'll talk Jesse Waters. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back back.
Speaker 4: I do just want to say not that it's like holier than now because I so no blue slushies. Yeah, I think we actually have done slushies. I do let them vape, but it's like they can't do any of the sweet.
Speaker 2: But they can't inhale. They can't. They can't do the sweet flavors.
Speaker 4: It's just pure tobacco flavors because so they you know, otherwise they might get addicted.
Speaker 1: To make a quiet taste.
Speaker 2: That's right, Tory. Any any update on the rapture.
Speaker 4: I know we've we've been waiting breathlessly on the edge of our seats to see if there would be some sort of massive event that would make humanity on earth like forty percent cooler. Yeah, with the with the departure of all Christians rapturable Christians, yes, yeah, rapture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eligible Christians because there's an asterix.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How's the how's the on again, off again rapture experience been for you?
Speaker 1: You know, I am not someone who has rapture anxiety, but I did as a child for sure.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, I saw you post.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I think most people may or may not know you have an evangelical background. But when I saw the other day you post something about your mom and the rapture, I was like, I'm going to bring this.
Speaker 2: Went Tories on the show again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So there was a rapture warning in May of twenty.
Speaker 2: Eleven and some guy warning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some guy was like, I got the date. I did the calculations, here's the math. May I think it was the eleventh or twelfth of twenty eleven. And you know, my parents are big rapture fans, big rapture watchers. They when I was a child owned a book called eighty nine reasons Jesus is coming back in nineteen eighty nine. You can look it up on eBay.
Speaker 4: Damn, there's a call in their show. Oh yes, that is such a bad idea of religion. Yeah, like Frinch, just a brief Like I am not I do not study religious history, but the one thing I know is like when you're starting a branch of religion, that's the one surefire away to have people just like give your shit a stamped on expiration date.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So that's how I was raised, right, was with Rapture Watch pretty much all the time. Jesus could come back at any time. I was told, for very clearly in retrospect antisemitic reasons, Jesus is going to come back during a Jewish holiday because Jesus is Jewish and he just wanted to make it all about him. Apparently he's also a big dick, and so yeah, there was a lot of chatter about that. And then twenty eleven you know, rolled around, and I you know, at that point, thankfully, was a lot more skeptical. And there were billboards. I don't know if you remember this, but like Portland and Seattle at least had billboards that were like, the raptures happening May twenty eleven. Give your life to Jesus or you'll get left behind, you'll burn in hell forever. And so my mom decided to in the group chat with all of us kids. She was like, hey, so the rapture's happening tomorrow. Here's my bank account and mortgage information. See you never Apparently she knew was hopeless and we were not going to make it. We weren't going to We weren't. And again, I think most of us identified as Christians at this point, so it was like it was like the asterisks, like the got to read the fine print of like, you know, the Catholics are not going to happen, Like let's just be real clear about that, right, Oh yeah, no Catholics, no Mormons.
Speaker 3: That's that's what really struck me about like a lot about when I was kind of reading your posts about it, right, because like the funny like I went to Lutheran K through eight and Catholic high school, and like we didn't Lutherans weren't talk about you know, revelations and some shit they're into.
Speaker 2: But when I got to Catholic high school, then I heard it and I was like, the fugger you'll talk like. That's when I was like, sir, what uh?
Speaker 3: And like the version that I feel like we for people who are sort of outside of Christianity like that is like this very goofy thing, like we've played this video before, and I'll play it for you since you're here, tory of just like stuff like this depiction of the Rapture.
Speaker 2: It's like, boom, hold on, bro, don't scroll, this is the Rapture. How it's.
Speaker 4: Like we just to describe to people who weren't listening last time. Yeah, it's it's like sim level. It's like the the very.
Speaker 2: First version of Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 4: You know that level of character animation, guy walking down the street and then he's just narrating like all these things that are happening in their video game reality, acting as if he's narrating something.
Speaker 2: Like a news event. Yes, like this is newsreel.
Speaker 3: But again, this is the version I think is really funny that we always like laughing at because the version is like these people just get sucked.
Speaker 2: Off trumble sound. Guys, there's a light, there's Jesus.
Speaker 3: Boom, Jesus Jesus returned, Boom, boom look at that the closer gone.
Speaker 2: Wow y'all, wow, y'all the souls dead, baby, look at this boom gone, boom gone.
Speaker 3: You know, like in reading your post you talk about sort of like the deeply violent version of how like a lot of real believers look at the rapture like whereas me from the outside and being familiar enough for Christianity, it's like, yeah, you go to heaven.
Speaker 2: But they're like, oh no, not just that. The others fucking suffer and dah and that's what I'm also here for. Oh yeah behind, Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you get yeah, if you get left behind. The theology kind of varies a little bit, but yeah, you will suffer. And there's a point, uh, well, you'll suffer because God decides to pour out all of his wrath on the earth. So he's like he's like I haven't been here for a minute. I'm taking all my shit out on you guys.
Speaker 2: Since then we were told nine eleven was because gay Mary.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, no, that's what it was, right, But like that's just like little you know, it's like little tremors before like the real big one hits, right, and so yeah, like all kinds of like diseases, plagues, famine, all sorts of shit going down. And this is for everybody who gets left on the earth after all of the people get like yeated into heaven. Who deserve the deserving people, So you know, like Donald Trump, those types, and so.
Speaker 4: Charlie Kirk, I've just been hearing about this heaven stuff, and I think it's very important, very good he's obsessed with because there's no reason to be good, they say, Really, that's the only reason to not be bad is because important reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and so anyway, yeah, everyone's just going to be like having a real bad time, and then it's gonna get even worse, so that like you can't you won't be able to die even though you're suffering. So people will be trying to end their own lives because they're suffering so much of all the plagues and the famine and the war and the demon, the horse headed demon locusts and like you know what and everything else, and then people are going to try to like take their own lives and they won't be able to. So it's just gonna be like zombie land. I guess people are just like real fucked up just.
Speaker 2: Wandering around it sounds like being a vampire. It's like, wait, I'm invincible.
Speaker 1: It's super well, except you experience a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: You're still so I don't know, that's a relative term.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like the one guy. They're like, aren't you something? I'm like, no, it's cool.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I grew up in the specifically grafted over Miles's kinky single, one of these things just playing directly into Miles's pain and invincibility kink shit I did. My one question is what is the mood like after May like June twenty eleven, the next time you see your mom, Like, what what is her mood?
Speaker 2: Like? What?
Speaker 4: What are what can we expect from our fellows? The boom guy like what how's he feeling?
Speaker 3: To go?
Speaker 4: Now the rapture has not happened, do they just move on to the next one?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I love this question honestly, And it's really interesting because the failed rapture predictions like tend to make people believe it more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like how if you're wearing your lucky socks and the Cubs lose again, you're gonna be more likely to wear your lucky socks next time, right than to go, oh, this didn't help, they weren't dirty enough.
Speaker 2: Just wear them longer and without washing them next time.
Speaker 1: So they're really like not affected by it. But again, I think that we're talking about a group of people, especially for like Christian nationalist types that like shame doesn't really factor in for them in a weird way, right, you don't really make them feel shame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's I.
Speaker 4: Mean, it factors in, Like I wonder, I feel like there's Yeah, the what they're giving the rest of us is going to be like I don't care, you know, like j try and break them the ray Ja clip where you try and break them speed okay, breaks them, I don't care, I don't care. Like they they immediately like switch to that. But like there has to be something underneath where it because it does seem like the shame is a currency that operates in that belief system, right. So, but I guess is like never feeling shame about what you believe or that you believe, right, like that's the one thing that you have.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it puts them further into the fold, right, it makes them circle the wagons harder, you know, So they're I mean, if they're feeling shame, they're more likely to cut off people who they who don't think the rapture is going to happen than they are to stop believing that the rapture is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Sure, and so it is.
Speaker 1: It is really weird and it becomes it's not like a self fulfilling prophecy, but it becomes this weird dynamic of like them. And you can read about this going back to the eighteen hundreds, that people would predict the rapture. Everybody would gather on the hill top yep, yep, and then it was like, okay, nothing happened, and then like entire churches and movements were born this way because of a failed prediction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when guy predicted and like you know, predicted a rapture that didn't happen, And one hundred and fifty years later we have the Branch Davidians.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that was where we go.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's what happened.
Speaker 4: So not great, not great, great, I think we'll be fine, Okay, boom.
Speaker 1: Everyone would be happier if the evangelicals again got sucked off into heaven, everyone would be happier. They don't want to be here.
Speaker 3: It sounds we don't want to sound boom boom gone genitals speaking of Christian nationalists and getting sucked off.
Speaker 4: Jesse Waters is either fucking Stephen Miller's wife or wants to fuck Stephen Miller, or I don't know, there's something something is going on here.
Speaker 2: I can't tell.
Speaker 4: Like it seems like he is either genuinely attracted to Stephen Miller or like he's mocking I really think.
Speaker 3: Like or putting him down to make him look better to Katie Miller, his wife. Because again we were talking about this maybe yesterday the day before. Just the timeline of how Jesse Waters has been talking about Stephen Miller. Right, there's the first one was a sexual matador quote that was about two weeks ago when he had Katie Miller, Steven Miller's wife on. And again this can be seen as like a joke, but just listen, this is Stephen Miller or this Stephen Miller's wife on Jesse Waters show.
Speaker 6: You are married to Stephen Miller, so you are the envy of all women?
Speaker 3: What is that like?
Speaker 1: A sexual matador?
Speaker 6: Right? What is it like being married to such a sexual matador?
Speaker 4: Now again, I think he had so I think he had called him a sexual matador before on his show or something like jokingly. So she's she's repeating, she's repeating it, okay, but like it's not a thing I would love my wife to be Like doing on National TV is like mocking somebody who like mocks how and a grant. I have the sexual charisma of an eighties TV sitcom dad, So I'm not like, I'm not like, you better say that I'm cool.
Speaker 2: But they didn't call him Alan Thick for no reason. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: But it just feels like there there's a real energy between these two and then.
Speaker 3: Just still laugh even though like, right, there's one version that if you're reading this like a salacious soap opera, it's that they laugh about Stephen Miller as they are canoodling, right. But then there's a version where he's just like, I don't know, like the way he laughs when she's like the sexual matador, right, and he goes like ha ha, Well, I'm like, is it because you don't like, what's the point of this?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: He was back at this like weird, uh, Stephen Miller's two sexy for this earth sort of bit that he's been doing on the comic's like right said for it a little bit, yeah, a little bit if he was in the best on his best day and like in you know, if he was the most yeah, preserved in formaldehyde for twenty eight years.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 3: So Tuesday night, Waters is on the five and he talks about like they bring that bring up that clip where AOC was talking about Steven Miller and how he's like short and blah blah blah, and how Steven Moller was like, oh, that's just a trained ruck, right, But I just want to play like Steven Miller or Jesse Water's not this whole thing. Doesn't let go of this thing that Steven Miller's so hot, and this is I just want to I'm just having such trouble wrapping my head around like what what's subconsciously going on or just in his overt consciousness. But here he is talking about AOC and what she doesn't get about Steven Miller.
Speaker 1: Sulted by AOC.
Speaker 6: No, I think I wants to sleep with Miller. It is so obvious, and I'm sorry you can't have him over. Miller is the best I know him well socially, and the man is not overcompensating, Dana. I know when people are overcompensating. I know people at this table who are overcompensating.
Speaker 5: That person is me.
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha ha. Okay, So he goes on. He starts talking about like this guy is.
Speaker 3: He's like, he's like, here's a deal. He's like, which, you got to understand something. Let me man explain something to you. AOC about Steven Miller, and he lays out his case even further as to why he's so hot the United States.
Speaker 2: This is what AOC doesn't get about men.
Speaker 6: Miller is a high value man because he has power and influence, because he has vision, and he's on a mission to save this republic and protect Western civilization.
Speaker 2: Uh. He speaks with confidence.
Speaker 3: He's saying that like with the verve of like a true white nationalist, you know what I mean. He's like, he's mission orient he's trying to save Western civilization.
Speaker 4: He's also saying it with a straight face on Fox News as people are audibly like belly laughing in the background with.
Speaker 1: The side by side of Stephen Miller, who is just subjectively not hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: He actually makes this is weird because it's like it's making Jesse Waters look way better than he normally does because you've got Steven Miller's face next to him. And Steven Miller is a scary looking dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like transparently so. And like the fact that the Fox and News hosts are like laughing at him, being like he's a high value male, he's super he speaks with confidence.
Speaker 3: No, he does not, Yeah, and like so they think he's like, come on, man, Stephen Miller sucks, Like, like what's the laughter cover? Is it coming from the discomfort that he's talking about how attractive a man is?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Again, he continues, men.
Speaker 6: Who are high value men like Steven Miller take risks. They're brave, they're unafraid, they're camp and they're on a mission, and they have younger wives with beautiful children. I think I just gave him like a dating recommendation.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, that was pretty creepy. He lost gutfeld there. I don't know, man, that was pretty creepy. And they did not like that man afterwards, like they're like, all right, enough, Jesse.
Speaker 3: Then they asked, you know, the liberal Jessica tarlav like for her take on everything that's going on, and then Jesse Waters interrupts again to just bring up this thing about Steve Like everyone's like, okay, fine, your dumb bit about how hot Stephen Miller is like is over, but he comes back around to it.
Speaker 2: If you can't.
Speaker 6: Set the sexual chemistry it's losing from Steven Miller's beautiful face, then.
Speaker 1: You don't get it loosing from you about Stephen Miller.
Speaker 4: I think that that's where when he says his beautiful face, like, that's where it makes it clear to me that he is trying. He is doing a weird like cooking thing to Steven Miller that but like he can't get in trouble because he's saying it with as straight a face as he possibly can.
Speaker 2: But like, okay, if you if.
Speaker 4: You want to be like he's the leader of our party and like that makes him attractive, Like fine, but if you're saying that he his face objectively is objectively oozing sexual charisma, you like that is like no nobody is standing behind that with without like at least a heaping teaspoon of a fuck.
Speaker 3: Then so then you're just taking open shots, Like what's the point of this, Like if that's the if that's driving the irony of a statement like that, it's like, well, I'm saying that because clearly he's hideous.
Speaker 2: Right ha ha. Yeah. I have a theory though.
Speaker 1: This is so interesting because you all remember when like Elon was shown up in the White House with the black eye and everyone was like, oh, it's because he's fucking Stephen Miller's wife, right, right right, which was a great I really like that rumor. Person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it too.
Speaker 1: I think that it makes a lot of sense to me that that Stephen Miller and his wife would be open because he is a hideous demon, and you know, she's conventionally attractive. I think she's also not that young. I think she's like, what thirty six or something. So I don't know what I don't know what he was. I don't know what Jesse was going on about.
Speaker 4: I think he was to her that like, you're young, you're beautiful, you have beautiful children.
Speaker 1: But this is so it is kind of a weird, a weird cuck dynamic though, for sure. And I think that like maybe there was a trade off if you can sleep with my wife, if you tell them how powerful and sexy are attractive and compelling I am as a human being, right like, and that was like a fair trade, Like I could see that being a fair.
Speaker 2: Trade to Stephen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I mean that announces in the context of we saw Jesse Waters talking to Steven Miller's wife on his show and she referenced him calling him a sexual matador and they both burst into laughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some cookshit.
Speaker 1: Also, I would just like to say, this is not appropriate for children, So like, why is Fox News sexualizing children by.
Speaker 2: Talking about this? Thank you?
Speaker 1: They should be taken off the air because they're sexualizing children.
Speaker 3: So we don't have to we're not we don't have we're not abiding to any kind of FCC regulations, so we can say whatever we want, including just outright lies in this information. Anyway, he's a sexual matador and he's the hottest human being in your sexual.
Speaker 2: Chrisma oozing from his face. There's something oozing from that's mayonnaise. Mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Okay, he hasn't wit and it's just he went coming out of all he went Winnie the Pooh on the fucking jar of mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: Okay, put his whole head in there, it would fit.
Speaker 4: He has a great head. Forget sticking it inside a jar of man mayonnaise stars. Yeah, yeah, it's like the perfect shape. Yeah, that's a great point. Quick, we'll come back and we'll talk about how the right is winning the culture wars. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, and we've all heard go woke, Go broke, the tired culture war rallying cry used to explain movies like The Marvels Late Year and the twenty sixteen Ghostbusters reboot. As you know, they were box office bombs because they tried to go woke. So somebody from Guinness World Records, Steven Follows, did a film data analysis where he, you know, put all the box office performance of I think ten thousand films into an algorithm to see if it's true that like diverse casting and identity driven stories harm the box office performance of a movie. And what they found, absolutely no surprise, is it doesn't harm it. What they found and said is that it can have a substantially positive effect on commercial success.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: No, by showing by changing from the practice that was common in years in Hollywood, for showing only movies starring like twenty five percent of the population of white men, like that that fixing that is unpopular.
Speaker 2: That's so wild, hmm.
Speaker 4: But I mean, like just we have talked about like the Fast and the Furious franchise be like an action franchise with a diverse cast for once, holy shit, and it becomes this like world beating box office phenomenon. But like that doesn't get classified as a movie that is like capitalizing on diverse.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: The only time that it ever gets attached to that is if they are you know, if it's an unsuccessful movie, they start from there, and then they well, they don't start from there. First, they'll be like this was woke, this bull shit, Like there'll be like a simmering thing, and then if the movie doesn't do well, then it will get attached to being a thing. But it's it's their favorite logical fallacy, like western colonial media, is the sampling error, where you just find one example of the thing that you want to be true and then just like scream about that example and like claim that it like proves some sort of law how everything operates.
Speaker 3: It's just a mantra to sort of soothe themselves that they're so on the outside of like mainstream culture.
Speaker 2: That it's like, well, yeah, they went broke, so they go woke.
Speaker 3: So they're broke, and it's like, yeah, because you did such a great job with Kuig that went completely down the drain and Volvo and fucking Nike and all these places where I think it it's it helps soothe their sort of imaginations that to be like, well, we don't like that, and now they're going to be suffering as a business. But if I do any actual financial analysis, I will find that maybe that's action.
Speaker 2: That's not the case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's been multiple studies. There's a twenty twenty four study that also found that it's also not a thing. In advertising, like you're saying the curing thing and the bud Light controversy, like actually, more inclusive campaigns have a positive impact on profit sales and brand worth, like transparent.
Speaker 2: Do you believe it? What are you doing? Do you believe it?
Speaker 1: I think that, well, okay, so this has really interesting. I think that's something you know, like the Fast and Furious franchise has got a lot of like traditionally like masculine characters, so I think that they wouldn't go after that as much because they're still cool with that with like masculinity kind of bordering on toxicity if that's like I'm not saying that those characters are inherently toxically masculine, but like some of them are.
Speaker 4: Right if you go, yeah, you say more than three words in a sentence, are actually effeminate, Like you man, you just have to like speak in one to.
Speaker 1: And grab boots.
Speaker 2: Escapes your mouth as your body decomposes totally.
Speaker 1: So they pick very specific things I think, to go after with the go go broke because it doesn't always work, but then I mean I think that it is. Yeah, it is also worth noticing, like the movies that they just completely ignore.
Speaker 4: And that you know.
Speaker 1: That do really that do really well right, Like like like Black Panther, for example, was not they can't use that as like a go wo go broke, and it made a billion dollars. Like I don't know what to tell you, you know, I think like a black cast and a like black director producer, and like, yeah, so they really pick very specific things to go after with this line, and I think that that's worth paying attention to it.
Speaker 3: I think it's also just a way to weaponize inclusion, like as a way to sort of immediately disregard what happened, Like so like you see this a lot like if a film has like it's like fronted by women or women of color, people of color, the immediate thing is like, well, how women of color as the stars' that's what went wrong? As a way to again sort of punish the mere concept of representing these people on the screen, but again no talk of the actual decision makers who put who make the film, who financed the film, who do the marketing, who, for all intents and purposes, are the ones who are kind of behind the success or failure of a film, not merely just like, well, this person of color was in it and that's what happened, rather than all the other people or the other stakeholders who who's who would actually be held responsible If you're like thinking of like how a studio would look at it, They're not gonna be like, well it's not this actor, Like what the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: Producers? We just gave all that money to to make this shit? The what are you thinking here?
Speaker 3: But again I think it's like a real reflexive way too that subtly helps sort of try and discourage the inclusion of like diverse people, whether they're in front or behind the camera, because like this with Snow White, it was just like, oh, Rachel Zegler, Yeah, it's like she didn't write the movie. There's so many other people you can blame for that movie being wrong, And I think it's just a very easy way to then be like, not only did they go broke, but we can also try and chill the sort of enthusiasm to represent other kinds of people on scream.
Speaker 2: It's always just that's the explanation.
Speaker 1: But this is exactly what we were talking about with the Rapture, right where if they make this claim go broke and the movie still does well, they're just like, oh, we don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody pays attention to a movie that does well. There's no subsequent story being like that's why that movie did well. It's well, that movie was special, you know, it was like telling a special story.
Speaker 1: Right Exactly. These are unique circumstances, Like.
Speaker 2: Most movies are flocked. The vast majority of movies.
Speaker 4: It's like that you have like ten hit movies a year that pay for hundreds of movies that tank, So there's no shortage of movies that they can point to and be like this sucked, like this was bad and here's why. But like, you know, they found that it was like horror, sports, and music films in particular, like diverse casting and identity driven stories can have a substantially positive effect on commercial success. Those are also films that are seen by younger audiences. So again, it's just like old people in Hollywood being like, I don't know about this stuff, and you know, just going with trends, begrudgingly fucking healed drag marks trailing behind the movies that they green light because they are looking at the trends and seeing that like telling more diverse stories will reach more people. And then there's also yeah, to your point, Tori, like the the how we metabolize movies that do well and don't do well, Like we talked earlier this year about Sinners, which is like one of the most surprising out of nowhere to according to you, just like red Film and like the riot industry media going in everyone was like this, this is a real risk that's not going to pay off. It was like the biggest hit of the year when it came out, like it was a massive hit, and like the first week after it came out and was a massive hit. The way that they chose to write about it was like still not out of the woods on that one, because I have to wait and see even though it's made its budget back already. Yeah, and then like it just kept the audience just like kept growing like week over week.
Speaker 2: It was like wild.
Speaker 4: So they they don't acknowledge the winds when there's a win for like maybe we don't just let white men tell these stories when there is a movie that does badly that is, you know, like the Ghostbusters reboot movie is like, you know, being told by a white guy, and it is like sort of I don't know, first of all, I don't think it's like that bad of a movie, but like the way it was message was like probably could have been handled better, but it's not like it was handled by Melissa McCarthy like that. She was like and I came up with a marketing campaign for this. You know, it's and so like you have sometimes it feels cynical and people respond negatively to that, but that's the only thing that like breaks through. And it's very frustrating that there's like there's a rule in advertising and film this idea of like go woke, go broke, which by the way comes from a science fiction author named John Ringo. Great name came up during a milo Yanopolis on his website, but his theory, which had been applied to billion dollar film franchises by national news outlets, originated with again the author of there will be Dragons, and I just we have we have the cover of there will be Dragons in the Dock. It is a woman warrior in the like smallest bikini possible and a huge bow and arrow.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a ceremonial garb of for people. Of course, I do a lot of world building in.
Speaker 3: My books, but and every female of this group does have at least, as I write in my book, double D breasts.
Speaker 2: That's an important detail for my listeners or my readers actually, But.
Speaker 4: It doesn't take much. It doesn't take much for like these ideas to get shoehorned in, like the you know, conservative ideas. They're they're just looking for. I mean, they have a whole media apparatus propped up by billionaires who are just waiting to for an idea like this that either you know, resonates with people or in this case, just rhymes, and that's good enough for them. They're like, yeah, we're gonna We're gonna run with this one, guys.
Speaker 3: I mean it is the thing like you know that theory everyone's twelve now, it's like sort of like an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, it makes sense to me. You go broke? Oh who said that?
Speaker 5: John Ringo, who also wrote this book, The Last Centurion, that has a subplot about a Hillary Clinton like president who screws up the vaccine rollout during a pandemic due to her belief in socialized medicine.
Speaker 4: It was prescient, though this one is description. This critical analysis of his work says Ringo's inimitable writing style in which no breasts are too big, no hero goes unfucked by multiple large prested women, and no terrorist goes unpunished. And these books are truly a piece of work. Man, oh boy, they are freaking out about one battle after another. By the way, that's their new thing that they're really worried. Ben Shapiro is calling it like an act of radical a call for radical left wing violence.
Speaker 3: It says, yeah, you can make excuses for it, but basically the film is an apologia for radical, radical left left wing terrorism.
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: It is the subtlety of a brick. The basic suggestion is a conspiracy theory in which the United State is run by white supremacist Christian nationalists and all people of color and a few nice, incompetent fellow travelers like DiCaprio are going to take on that entire system, and that system is to be taken out at the cost of a family, at the cost of friendship, or the cost of decency, at the cost of basic This guy's fucking losing it.
Speaker 4: It is so rare for because that is the storyline of most movies. Most movies are like farm Guy takes on the Empire, you know, like in Star Wars. It's like something like that, where it's just like it lends itself at least as much to like the right sort of like have a story where it's like sort of a left something with left wing values like being the underdog and taking on and obviously they have to completely make up like this organized armed resistance on the left or you know, borrow from the nineteen sixties in a lot of cases. But the fact that like just putting that on screen freaks them.
Speaker 2: Out this much, I think is funny. I think they probably just saw how they're like, they're like, wait, so we're kind of like the Chris that the white nationalist side is that. Yeah damn.
Speaker 3: I wish I was the other cool guys in the movie, but I guess I'm the bad guys in the I don't like.
Speaker 2: This at all. Yeah, he's uh you know.
Speaker 3: I think also just as a failed screenwriter, it probably just irks him just to see people like make films like this while he has to go and just hold loose pieces of wood in a parking lot to be like and.
Speaker 2: I am man. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well he also writes his books.
Speaker 2: Come on, Yeah, that's true. They're really good.
Speaker 4: Everybody should check out Robert Evans is reading series of his books. They're they're very good.
Speaker 2: He's a great compelling writer. Yeah. Really again, are too large?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, And if you think that it's a paranoid conspiracy that small groups of right wing white n press run the US government, I mean, now it is a conspiracy that they're small and secretly running the US government.
Speaker 2: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: There is a proud tradition of these weird groups being like you know, the kk from the KKK to the John Bridge Society, to you know. So there there's there's plenty of stuff to work with about like silly old white guys with like secret handshakes, being meeting and having like racist policy discussions. Yeah, so we'll have to maybe we'll have to dig into some of those in a future episode. I feel like that might be worth it. But what is the Christmas Adventurers?
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it out loud, Jack, I don't want to knock on my door. That's right, that's true, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: All Hall Saint Nick Tory. Such a pleasure having you as always on the daily ese Geist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can check out my podcasts White Homework, which is about anti racism and collective liberation that I do with Benjamin Fay. You can also check out my ex evangelical podcast where we are keeping an eye on the rapture at all times. Uh, it's called Go Home Bible You're Drunk, which I do with Justin Gentry And yeah you can go. We can just google those, follow rate support whatever you feel like doing. It is a very funny time to be a podcaster. On September third, I would just like to know, we recorded a podcast that we called is It Okay to like wish that bad people would die? And then a week later, Charlie Kirk was no longer with us, I'll say, and so yeah, it's it's weird and we were talking about Trump the entire time. Really Trump's dead right now. And a week later like oh manor production schedule is wild? It was much like it was much like the Etsy Witches, God Bless them or whatever. But yeah, so that's a where you can generally find me. I'm around if you want to find.
Speaker 2: Memm hell ya. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: I did want to share something that I really appreciated because I don't think I don't think I've ever told this story on here, but Conrad Hackett is on Blue Sky and was like, has anything great happened in your life because of social media? And I was like, actually, so, how my partner and I met was that we kept running into each other on Twitter during the twenty twenty protests in Portland because we were both so deeply committed to cyberbullying the mayor Ted Wheeler, and so every time he would tweet, we would be in his mentions being like you fucking piece of shit. Not really, we were a little more articulate than the but yeah, so I was like, oh, actually, like yeah, social media has I mean, I'm not saying social media on the net is good. I don't think that we can make that case. But hey, sometimes you sometimes you meet the love of your life Cyberbowling, the mayor of Portland during the twenty twenty protests, and that's cool.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: And that's also something that you guys have in common with Donald Trump, so that's cool.
Speaker 1: On Twitter the mayor of Portland, My brain went the complete rung direction, like you met Mlania on Twitter?
Speaker 4: Uh? No, funny story about how he met Milania that we might find out more about if they ever released those Epstein talking about miles where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Is there a work of media you've been enjoying? Yeah, find me everywhere at miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: You can find me talking about ninety day fiance on four to twenty day fiance.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Work and media I like is just because you know, they're the mischaracterizations of all these cities that are quote.
Speaker 2: Unquote war ravaged or war zones or burning pits of hell.
Speaker 3: You know you were talking earlier Torri about like just the people coming up in character costumes and just antagonizing just the cops just by dancing. There's a great clip from Karl Kingtonia that beast guy do at social It just said hashtag war ravaged Portland and it's a dinosaur suit guy, a unicorn, and a raccoon and maybe a bear and they're just dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep. It's just the presence of Ice just having a little dance party. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Man. Just like in La it was mariachi bands and stuff and people playing instruments and hanging out.
Speaker 2: This it isn't, but I think it's always.
Speaker 3: I think I think that one thing that I think listeners especially can tell people because I all like, this always happens.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: Like I was on the phone for the customer service person who was in Texas and they're like, oh, you're in lost, Like how is it over there?
Speaker 5: For real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like two weeks ago, and I was like, it's fine, fine, And then I had to and I spent I was trying to cancel my motherfucking cable okay, And I ended up taking this lady on a twenty minute fucking like de radical is talk about being like, well, think about what you're watching, and I'm telling you like, I'm like, where are you. She's like, I'm in Dallas, And I'm like, imagine if one one block in Dallas, like a car was on fire, would you know about that? Like, would that disrupt your entire life, the entire flow of life in your city if just And she's like, oh no, I mean Dallas is so big, you know, it's like it's really spread out. And I was like, right, so La is like that and she's like, but the cars are in front, like that was just the same shot over and over again.
Speaker 2: She's like it was I thought it looked like the same car.
Speaker 3: And I was like yeah, and see, because they want they want everybody to think that this place is so much worse off than it is, like all over the country.
Speaker 2: She's like, wow, you know the TV they just want you to believe stuff a lot of the times. And I'm like, yeah, I know. Well I'm glad we talked. And she's like, yeah, okay, thank you for letting me know.
Speaker 3: So you know, whenever people start saying that shit getting that momentum going about like, well, you know, all these places are shit holds.
Speaker 2: They're like, get real for a second, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, if life was so bad that we need help like that, Usually it's just in regards to police violence. Yeah, and we make that know, you know, in our cities, like love to ask for help when that shit happens, Like yeah, when they need it, they love to bring in the National Guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd love to, but not not this time. Not this time.
Speaker 4: Workimedia, I've been enjoying a dear self at dear me to Underscore tweeted grow and then a picture of a note that said scariest place to be is the same place as last year Grow underline underline and Boots with the Furry tweeted that and said this hits extra hard if you were in a haunted house.
Speaker 2: One year ago. It's true as fun. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at jack Underscore Brian. You can find me on Blue Sky at Jack o b the Number one. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram. You can go to the episode look at the description down there at the bottom you will see the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also look off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think that people might enjoy? Yeah, Yeah, this is from the group Cruiser cru Z A. The track, if it's fitting, it's called super Anxious, you know, but the track bangs. It's sort of like a trippy, psychedelic R and B kind of pop track. And it's nice because it's we were just talking about how like mainstream rap is just kind of becoming more and more homogenous, and like it's like the same sort of instrumentals and beats here, and so it's nice to hear things be done differently or experimentally.
Speaker 2: So, yes, Cruiser with Super Anxious is great. So check it out.
Speaker 4: Well, look off to that in the foot notes. The Daily Es Eekes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you list your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all.
Speaker 1: Then bye by The Daily zeit Geist is executive produced by Catherine Long, co produced by Bee Wang
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, edited and engineered by Justin Conner.