Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff Where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: It is Thursday.
Speaker 4: You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is a sunny This is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: It's a good days.
Speaker 4: It's sixty five degrees, the highest sixty nine, the lowest forty one.
Speaker 6: And he's Shenning. That's Nate, This is Kurk. In the back is Chris. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk quivalent the brow people.
Speaker 7: When we run through you.
Speaker 6: When we speak. This segment is brought to you each and every day by Wingstop Where Flavor gets it.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable weather. It's gonna be ten Yeah, I hit the button with my.
Speaker 6: Third later.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's gonna be ten degrees on Monday. It's seventy it's gonna be seventy degrees today.
Speaker 7: Take advantage of it. Unbelievable, take advantage of.
Speaker 6: How are y'all today?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 7: Great, good great?
Speaker 5: And has your energy?
Speaker 6: Jess, it's just good.
Speaker 5: Back you back in there. I don't see a juice.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I stopped to get a juice and they didn't have the one that I wanted. They didn't have what I wanted.
Speaker 5: So you didn't want to waste it on a yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no yeah.
Speaker 6: You know the one thing I would say about And I wish I could keep this throughout the rest of the year, but it always just happens when I'm when I'm doing my fastest. Like, I am very, very very solecive with everything, who I give my time to, who I'm around, who I talk to, because I don't have much energy, so I have to be very selective of who I give my energy to. And so like even with the juice, I was like, you don't have what I want, but I want the one that I want, but I don't want anything.
Speaker 5: You get very self centered.
Speaker 6: No, I just I just I just I do get a little focused. I do get self focused. I do the little little grumpy, angry, A little grumpy. I get a little grumpy, I get a little little agitated.
Speaker 4: But the hard question for you. So I fasted for the first time on purpose, for like twenty close to twenty four hours yesterday. Yeah, just because I was getting getting ready for Mexico. It's like, I'm gonna experiment a little bit and see if I can drop a little shrip, drop.
Speaker 5: A little yeah, drop a little flab in the stomach area.
Speaker 4: But if I lose too much weight, I get my face sinks in and I look like something's wrong with me. Right, So I was like, I'm trying this experiment this next week. So I've been I've been eating good actually the last two weeks and only splurgeon mainly on weekends. But you kind of get over the angry part, don't you. You kind of deal with it like it's not as not twenty four hours. I mean, I was still a little angry, but I could tell, like if I if I kept doing this, Like I didn't really eat anything until lunch today, Like I drank a shake last night, which kind of broke it a little bit, but I could tell, Like, but I didn't drink a lot of it.
Speaker 5: But I was like, you could probably get used to it.
Speaker 6: It's the yeah, like it's the irritability like day two three, because you get the headaches yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you get the head drawls. Yeah, and you get the headaches and then you get the fatigue and so you headache fatigue. That's when the ankle.
Speaker 5: See I was still able to go to the gym last night. Yeah I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't as have as much energy. But I was like, you know, I couldn't tell a huge difference. So but then it wasn't hungry.
Speaker 6: Because twenty four hours you still body still has so much stuff stored up that it's it's feeding.
Speaker 5: Off of Yeah, I think I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 6: You get the seventies, you get the seventy two hours.
Speaker 5: That's that's a real deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, you know if you're if you're a man or not, you do you start questioning it on.
Speaker 6: Every time for ten plus years, why are you doing this again?
Speaker 4: Like every single running a race, like running like I've never run a marathon, but I'm sure it's to say I ran a half marathon and and like one mile two miles left, I was like, why am I doing this, and then three days later I was like, you know, when I finished, I was like, I'm never doing this ever again.
Speaker 5: Like two days later I was like, man, I you know what, I kind of think I want to go run another one. So yeah, how you doing, Nate? How's your fast going?
Speaker 4: Going?
Speaker 7: Real fast? To my food?
Speaker 5: Tortilla said, they got.
Speaker 7: The chicken sometimes chicken? Nice? Hey what is that thing?
Speaker 5: Coach mccarnthy, what is how? You can take a shot at it? Take a shot at it?
Speaker 7: Uh? Seize everything? Yea? How do you?
Speaker 5: What's what? What's the word this?
Speaker 7: Well? Actual? Help cur your turn?
Speaker 5: You asked U twice before the show? Your turn?
Speaker 8: Try it?
Speaker 7: Got take take a shot at it? Car Kurt helped me.
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 7: Got it? What you got? Help me?
Speaker 5: Help my brother.
Speaker 7: I want the copy up by you like that. Now you're gonna be doing it.
Speaker 9: You're gonna be going over there with your boy after the show already, Yeah, you copy on the baby.
Speaker 5: Yes, ever, what y'all doing after the show?
Speaker 7: Seized, we're gonna be on the We're doing little Mike irbything.
Speaker 9: They're gonna let us be Mike Irvan for about the second be on the jumbo try in the game.
Speaker 7: Let's I wanted to say, sez hanging with the boys, but.
Speaker 4: Should let should have let me and Kurt be like pop up from the bottom of the screens.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: Oh man, we gotta go over up with that, hope, they gotta go away, Christ Boy saying.
Speaker 5: Just pop up? So how you doing that?
Speaker 7: Kirk good? You're good?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: I just want to check on y'all today, make sure everybody's good, because, uh, I feel good about this game.
Speaker 5: Man, I feel too good. I feel good. I feel I feel I feel a double digit win. Man, I just.
Speaker 4: After looking at it and feeling it, feeling it, I just I feel good. So so what should we what should we be worried about?
Speaker 9: On?
Speaker 5: What are we doing today?
Speaker 7: Offense? Their offense, yes, sir, their offense and our defense.
Speaker 4: Am I wrong in thinking don't let them hang around, put them away early?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Because they can make some plays, right.
Speaker 4: They don't have a lot of playmakers, but they can make some play So just here's a couple of guys that we need to look out for.
Speaker 6: I mean, of course, you start with you know, Aaron Jones and Aaron Jones well, yeah, Aaron Jones, Jordy love the quarterback and they running back. But when I was when I was doing some work this morning, I started to think to myself that maybe, just maybe that we potentially could be overthinking that Aaron Jones success against the cow Boys.
Speaker 10: He's fasted on him.
Speaker 6: You're absolutely right, explain please, And here's why I think that, because the great philosopher of Fat Joe once said, yesterday's price is not today's price. All right, yeah, Socrates.
Speaker 4: Christ Marks pleased, because if this comes true over the weekend, Jesse is going to backpack and we need we need you to, we need you to preempt that with this clue.
Speaker 6: But but but you know, I said, the great philosopher Fat Joe said, yesterday's price is not today's price. And every single time that Aaron Jones has gotten a chance to go off on the Cowboys, what was the common denominator? His quarterback was Aaron Rodgers. His receivers were guys like Randall Cobb, Davante Adams. You plan different for Aaron Rodgers, you scheme different for Aaron Rodgers. These are the moments in time when you go, you know what the boogeyman is no longer in town. We don't have to play the same way we once did. This is this is as well as Jordan Love is playing in the last couple of games and nobody's talked about this is what you know. Jordan Love is played last couple of games, this is first year starting.
Speaker 7: He is not Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 6: He does not pos and bring the same fear knowledge. I would even say ability that Aaron Rodgers brings. Aaron Rodgers was a one man wrecking crew a lot of times for the Cowboys. Now I'm not saying Jordan Love is a scrub. I'm not saying that Jordan Love can't play. What I'm saying is he ain't Aaron Rodgers, right, and Aaron Rodgers. He's the type of player that kept coaches up at night when you had to face Aaron Rodgers. It was it was a it was a thought process that you would wake up in cold sweats and thinking about, is that coverage is gonna work? And so a lot of times you would prefer to pay more guys in coverage and less bringing towards Aaron Rodgers in hopes that you were able to make him have to make a decision and then you're able to get home in that way. With Jordan Love, you don't have to do that. I don't believe Jordan Love has the mental I'm not saying he's a dumb player, so don't take it that way. I'm saying that he doesn't. He just hasn't accumulated enough knowledge over time that Aaron Rodgers had did when he was whipping on the Cowboys. That offensive line was different. They had guys like Bakti Are. I mean like under those teams, they had a pretty solid offensive line. They had one of the probably one of the best offensive lines in the league. That helped right again, DeVante like the weapons that was around Aaron Jones helped him have success against the Cowboys, and I don't think that the Cowboys, and while I'm not saying that they're absolute run stopping a run stopping defense today, I would argue that this is probably the best equipped Cowboys defense from for front seven. However you want to say it at containing the run than than those years prior. So I think there's a lot of things that factor into the point of Yes, Aaron Jones did those things then, but yesterday's price is not today's price. The one thing that when I'm watching film that just stuck out to me and Nate you can if you saw this, you can speak more on to this. Was there left tackle Rashid Walker sixty three. And the one thing I noticed about him was a lot, a lot a lot in the Bears game. He has no anchor like he He's not a nasty left tackle. I prefer my left tackles like I prefer my trailer park.
Speaker 5: Women, and like I do.
Speaker 6: No no, no, but I like him filthy, nasty. I like him nasty.
Speaker 7: I like him.
Speaker 6: I like him nasty when you got to question yourself when you're done. I like him nasty. He's not that. And when he takes on a bull rush down the middle of his chest, he he doesn't anchor and stop like when you bull rush him when you come at him and the like when you come at him and you get into his chest. There is no point in time when you see him just sit down and it stops. You see him kind of just pu pu put back. And you watch many times the left tackle in the right tackle, it's closing in on Jordan, I mean over and over and over, and you see Jordan Love He's back there. And he's kind of he's fading away. He got the one legged dirt going on, and he's trying. And then on the in the run game, he's not a multiple effort left tackle, like he's not trying to he's not trying to humiliate you. He'll get as an issue block and then it goes huh plays over while the play is still going, and I just kept and I couldn't take my eye off of it. It just it just I just kept looking at him over and over and over and over. Now what they want to do and how they get Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon, They're gonna use their tight ends a lot. And you if you watching the passing game, their tight ends are are chipping that left tackles defensive end. Every single time they're chipping, they're giving some help over there, like they're not releasing until they got a chance to go all right, I left tackle And that tells me that they're not confident in their left tackle. And I just can't stop thinking about Michael Parsons is going to abuse him because he has he doesn't have good balance. He doesn't anchor well. And when I said when I say anchor, I mean when they get to that collision and and and it's basically, what do you can you put on your anti lock brakes? Do you have enough power to sit down and then stop whenever that serve just coming towards you. He does it. He does it, good son. But what they like to do in the running game to get and these are some of the runs that gets Aaron Jones, and more so Aaron Jones than AJ Dylan. The wind back runs right is when you'll see they'll start they'll start left and they'll leave the So they'll start left and they'll leave the opposite defensive end free. So he's thinking, oh, okay, cool, I'm free. I'll go get the quarterback. But what they'll do is they'll use that tight end and he'll kind of just creep down the line, kind of like almost a kickout or wham block. So you'll start left and if you have the if you have the front side positioning, you'll take it. But you'll start left. That defensive end will either come up the field or freeze, and then now you'll kind of just wind it back towards the right. And then and at the same time you're hoping that that tight end is either has reached his inside shoulder to keep him running the loop, cut his legs out underneath him, or just flat out blocked him. And now they winding it back and you see, you'll see them, and they do it both ways. They'll do it. They'll start right and wind back left. They'll start left and wind back right.
Speaker 10: After Parsons with that. Because you got on the other.
Speaker 6: Side, it's pretty solid, so right and and and that's the thing is that you they do it both ways. They do it both ways. And then the running game they'll have the tight ends. They'll say they'll help down on those tackles to make sure that they they're really getting those blocks on those defensive ends. But I just the more and more I watched this team offensively and Jordan, Jordan has a skill set that he hasn't honed in yet. Like, yes he has a live arm, Yes he has a powerful arm. Yes he has the arm angles. But again, when Rogers was at his peak, that's when you understood that he can throw the ball any place, anywhere, anytime, from any angle. Jordan has the ability and the potential. He just hasn't honed in on just when to do it. Because he throws a lot of passes sometimes where I mean he had he's probably had about four or five interceptions just flat out dropped, I mean flat out dropped. And he'll take shots where you'll look, you'll go, Jordan, take the checkdown, like take the checkdown right there. It's a positive game, but he forces it another way.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize this last eight games, twenty touchdowns, one interception, two hundred and sixty nine yards a game, and seven games with over one hundred rating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the second half of the season, he's again he's found his rhythm. But I'm looking at the overall what we can do to him, Yeah, what we can do to him from a pass rushing perspective, lining Micah up in the A gaps, running those stunts their offensive line is is suspect. And I just think the way that Jorge Love is kind of loosey goosey with the ball, and it is handling of the football and it's throwing of the football. The way that they close down on him in Chicago, I was like, oh, Michael might have four or five sacks in this guy. No, I'm serious, Like, I'm serious, he might have. I mean, it's it's easy to say he'll have three, like I'm willing to put money that he may have three.
Speaker 4: Well, let's talk about their offensive line from someone that knows a thing or two about offensive lines.
Speaker 5: When we come back, and man.
Speaker 4: The football world looks a lot different today than it did yesterday.
Speaker 5: Doesn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Talk about it that real quick.
Speaker 4: And a couple of anniversaries when we come back.
Speaker 5: Do you know what he is?
Speaker 3: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero, but your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yokiro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve GUACAMOLEI made with real halfs avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yoki Hero's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 1: Grab some today.
Speaker 11: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players. Cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, Attend the best tail game party in Texas, Tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 12: See if geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So, whether you're a diehard fan or a dog worthy care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan right here for the tailgate fan or a first one of the Gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're right here of your week fan or haven't been here in years, fan, Seat Gig has you covered, download the Sea gek After day Seed Gig, You're taking the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 1: How's wingstop sound?
Speaker 13: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corns.
Speaker 1: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 14: Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Boards.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com. Before we get back into it, a couple of anniversaries today, this very day marks the ninth year of the catch in Green Bay. What a week for that to be the ninth year anniversary.
Speaker 5: Huh. I'll standing right there and watched it. Still I still not convinced they would have won that game.
Speaker 6: Well a lot of time, Yeah.
Speaker 7: A lot of time.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of time left and the ball only got to the one yard line, so they still actually had to go out. That does a lot of variables that yeah, we don't talk about. Yeah, but like you know, like Aaron Rodgers was doing what he wanted to you with one leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah and not it changed the second one changed the face of football though.
Speaker 5: They changed the rule because of that play.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, that's a football looks a lot different and it looks a lot different today than it did yesterday. Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, Bill Belichick all out.
Speaker 5: In twenty four hours, then twenty four hours. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Who's the biggest? Like, who do you think is the biggest? Like was like, WHOA Saban? I think.
Speaker 4: Saban?
Speaker 5: But I don't think Saban's done, man.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna take a couple of years off, go do TV, and then I just think he's gonna be either that or like he I think he's one of those guys that's.
Speaker 6: Just got to be. I think he's done.
Speaker 5: You think he's done, man.
Speaker 6: He's I think I think he's done. I think Bill should be done.
Speaker 4: Should What do you think about him going to a team that's stacked, that's ready to win, like the Chargers, where he just steps in for a year or two, goes and wins one and then I'm done.
Speaker 6: I think Bill. I think he's past his prime. I think Bill Belichick now is he is Phil Jackson of the New York Knicks, big name, no more substance.
Speaker 5: I think the games evolved to where he's not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think the way works with these young kids. Yeah, I don't. They don't, they don't. I don't think they kind of see it worked when you had the veterans right and when your leader, Tom was the I mean he held it together. He was the one that was like always like, all right, we're going to march to a different a bit of a different drum. Like Tom was always the one that kind of campaigned for it and it always But these young kids, like he's seventy two years old. Yeah, like he's seventy two. That looks three of them are seven years I've been the same thing with Nick. I think Nick's done. I think Nick looks up and he goes, I can't compete with this stuff anymore, like the transfer portals.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine following that dude up either one of those dudes, especially saving at Alabama, trying to carry that torch?
Speaker 5: And another anniversary anniversary of birth.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday to k Clark, our most loyal listener, twenty four years old today, Happy birthday, k a listener birthday too?
Speaker 1: Yeah h yeah John?
Speaker 5: When Happy birthday John?
Speaker 4: Well, Nate, what do you think about this offensive line they're facing Jesse, They're gonna give it up? Uh.
Speaker 9: They are virtually doing the same thing we're doing. They're trying to get a lead, They're trying to unleash their defense. You know, they're trying to at least Preston Smith, Clark Walker, those guys as passed us. So their offense is built that way. The last three weeks, Aaron Jones is enhanced. This kid, this kid has throwed a lot of interceptions in the last five.
Speaker 7: Or six weeks.
Speaker 9: Matt Lafloyd has done a great job of giving him throws that he can make, which he can make almost all of them. What I can see he moves around. Now get this second and third receivers chances. Uh, they play much faster offensively than they do defensively. Defensively, just tag along, hang in there, try to be in the right spot, fill the pass and lanes on offense. Uh, they mix it up. They got three or four receivers. Looking at they got at least four receivers, five with over five hundred yards and they got three and over yeah.
Speaker 13: Yards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they they mix it up.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 9: I think the best receiver, you know, he's been on and off about to come off of our you know, then miss the week.
Speaker 7: But they they they have it going on.
Speaker 9: When I look at them, Uh, they're young, they energetic. Uh, they're not gonna be scared because they don't know what they don't know. You know, it's gonna be up to the Cowboys to let them know, to let them know. You know, I'm with Jesse. If we can start doing pressures, we have to score first. We have to score first, not because I think like last we got didn't care whether we scored first or not.
Speaker 7: Washington team was what. This team is a little bit different.
Speaker 9: They can hang in there and they coach Matt Lafleur, the offensive coordinator, I don't know his name. What is his offensive coordinator's name.
Speaker 7: They do a good job. I think they do a good Yeah, I think they do a.
Speaker 9: Good job of seeing what is happening to them now.
Speaker 7: They don't want to.
Speaker 9: Just throw it, you know, back to back to back to back. They want to give you a bunch of Aaron Jones. In these last three games, teams were getting doses of Aaron Jones twenty one out of thirty four total carries against the Panthers, twenty out of thirty nine carries against Minnesota, twenty two out of twenty seven total y'all against the Bears. This kid has caught fire. He like, like Jesse said, he could he could do a whole lot more because they would used to give him series where where they are with John Wick would just eat you up with nothing but him. But now he is an enhancer for.
Speaker 7: For this kid.
Speaker 9: He he he keeps it balanced for this kid. You know, he he knows this role. He's still got good explosive speed. He's still uh a wiry dude that you think when you when you're finish tackling, you think you're fin to bring him down easily.
Speaker 7: He gonna hit up in there on you.
Speaker 10: Try to use him and even AJ Dillon Moore just to keep the Cowboys offense off the field.
Speaker 7: I would, now, will it work? Will it work?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: I'm just thinking that our defense is so focused now.
Speaker 7: They they have about seen it all.
Speaker 9: After three years of regular seasons, ups and downs, playoffs, ups and downs. I think they have seen it all and they can rally to most problems.
Speaker 6: My only, I guess my only if there's a concern, and I've had this concern for months, for weeks when it comes to the the Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon running, because I do think the Packers understand that they have to slow this game down. They can't They cannot go up and down the field with the Cowboys. They that one. They don't have the firepower on offense to do so too. They don't have the studs on defense to stop it right. So there their their approach must be, Hey, let's let's take our time. Let's make sure that we are that we're staying ahead of the sticks, because they know if we get into mandatory passing downs third and eight, third and seven, when we know that they have to pass the ball again, you got to deal with eleven. And that's a lot to deal with all game long. Now, Jordan Love does have the ability to to dance around pocket and to move and he can throw on the run. But even when he throws on the run, he gets himself in trouble. He does the things that you don't want a quarterback to do. He throws back, you know, back into the coverage. He'll throw things, you know, he'll lob it up there. Sometimes he'll throw in a double coverage. So the coach and the office courtinator has to understand that we can't put him in that situation because if we do, then he's liable. He's liable to do something that can cost us and for the first half of the season he was doing those things changed up a little bit in the second half. But the thing that worries me is the fact of the matter is that we are still the Cowboys defensively, are still light in the middle. We're light like Mark keise Bell. Great kid, fantastic job doing what the coach asks you to do. But life is different when you're in playoff football and they're going to look at that and going to say that's where we're going. I want to see if fourteen is going to be able to fill the gaps, if fourteen is going to be able to run fit, if fourteen is going to be able to do what he has to do for four quarters with two running backs that both bring a level of physicality that will wear you down.
Speaker 9: The thing about them that you will see that they are in sync with the forty nine ers is they'll bring a tight end in motion, but then when they get set, they'll.
Speaker 7: Run both of them back in a versus to run.
Speaker 9: So they'll run tight ends in their run game, and so that'll make you a lot of times when I'm making my read, I'm on this guard and I'm a tackle, I see that I go in and that's just where they're coming because that guard will turn you right on end and so that missdirection.
Speaker 7: Now you have to read your keys and be very.
Speaker 9: Very disciplined because, believe it or not, a few times I saw Aaron Jones, it was just right outside the tackle where that defensive end or that line back a misread it. With all they got they you know, me watching their defense, I was just like, I call like four people like, man, tell me, they just guys, you know, drop back and deep coverages and keeps things in front of them and they just guys and they'll make a play here and there.
Speaker 7: You know, even though they got a lot of guys with sacks, they just guys.
Speaker 9: But on our fence, they kind of because of all the passes, all the things in the exact.
Speaker 7: The last three or four games, this kid ain't been missing.
Speaker 9: Now, Isaiah says, and I'm asking you, he says, this kid kind of got a floater. But I'm like, he ain't missed, you know, he said. You know, he still got a strong arm. He can do all that, but it's always an art to it. I'm like like, to me, look pretty good. I'man just your opinion yet.
Speaker 6: Because The thing is, like I said before, he can't step into throws. Okay, right, because I'm telling you, I'll show you. The pocket is consistently clapsing from the left and right tackle. So everything that he's doing is all arms. I can get it there, but I'm not. I don't. His throws that he really drives in there are the ones that he's rolling out to the right. Are the ones are right in front of him. The shorter passes that way because he gets the ball bone it's out quick right now, but anything past ten yards that line just hasn't been able to hold up. And over time, the mental part from the quarterback is he starts to he starts to feel that pressure before it even happens, so he's already backing up, so he never gets a chance to fully step into his throws. Now, like I said, he has the arms strift to still get it there. And that's where that arch comes from. When you see a quarterback that has a lot of air, that means he's not being able to step in and drive the football.
Speaker 7: He's not being able to put that that.
Speaker 6: Open you know, behind it. But that's the partner gets him in trouble because when you put that air, the guy's open, but he's open if you drive it. It's different when you put a little air under it. Where Now, because we're talking about the national football when talking Abou High School of college, this is open in the national this is wide open in the National football. If I beat you by this much, if I got you by that much, that's wide open. That's wide open in the National Football League. And a ball that's put on the money with the right amount of zip to it keeps you wide open. A ball that sails a little bit gives me recovery.
Speaker 4: So does that give somebody that's got really good ball skills like dron Blam? That going to give him some opportunities in this game? And putting that air under the ball, for sure.
Speaker 9: But the thing that and that's why I think they went into playoffs more because they saw opportunity. About the last three or four games, they saw that opportunity. Man, you know what, we got a chance to beat three teams that we know we probably have a chance to beat, and we can get into the playoffs. So I think coach started altering it, making sure that he mixed that run and there enough to give his offensive line a chance, you know, to perform because a lot of times I've watched y'all heard me say a lot of saying, Wow, they did not even try to run the ball. They did not even try to save their quarterback. But Green Bay don't feel that way. They gonna try to save their quarterback.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 10: So what worries you more their passing game or their running game.
Speaker 9: It's just it's just the score. The score means a lot to me in this game. I want to score first, and I want to score often. I want to see what this kid can do when when it's all on his shoulders so we can really rush him.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I want to I want to score and score often.
Speaker 9: I don't want them going back and forth with us, because now that brings Jones and the other kid into the game. I don't want them in the game. I want to take them out of the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would say for me, it would be the running. And the reason why I say running, I look at running to equate it to basketball terms. The past and how they want to pass are three pointers, which means the percentage of you having success there is a little bit lower. While you may have some success, it's lower. The run game is a layup, right, Like like a layup is ninety percent. If I get the gods blocked, right, I can.
Speaker 7: Get five yards to clip and that's what kid is getting.
Speaker 6: And that's the part that'll that can really that that's the start that breaks the camel's back. And it's easier. It's it's easier to get a run playoff than it is to get a fifteen to twenty twenty five yard play down the field.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: The succession rate on those who plays different from a three pointer in a layup. I think the run game if we don't. If we don't, because again, like I told you how I felt about the offense on how they do it. But our concern is that we are like and that's even even the not so good great elite offensive lineman still three hundred twenty pounds thre three hundred pounds, three three hundred pounds, right, And if you're playing at this league, at this level, you are at least good enough to play here.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: Physics is physics three hundred pounds, two hundred pounds. If I just get the right position on you, I win.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's talk about how light physics.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's physics or not sound physics.
Speaker 5: Sure it sounds like not chemistry or biology, so let's go with it.
Speaker 9: A Matt TRUA Yeah, Yeah, let's talk about how light they are in the middle.
Speaker 4: Get some injury updates, Kurt, pull that latest injury report. I don't know if we have one today yet or not, but pull the one up from yesterday, and then we will talk cowboys side of the ball when we come back on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And they snapped the press guy who looks white, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escaped slapped. He'll pull punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain?
Speaker 6: How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 13: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried course.
Speaker 14: I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: See geek has your bag. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek after day seed Geek. You're a ticket They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 2: Games right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 1: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the third segment. Hanging with the Boys brought to you.
Speaker 4: Each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And there's some some familiar names on the sidelines of the Packers. Rich Bisachi, I didn't realize he was the assistant head coach. There were SEC teams coordinator and Kyle Wilbur Remember that guy, Oh, Special Team's Quality Control.
Speaker 5: So he's back with Rich. Yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 4: You know what they were previewing the Texans Browns game. You know what I love about that game. It's two teams nobody thought were going to be in the playoffs, maybe at the beginning of the year before the brown season fell apart, and then Joe. But the last you know, halfway through the season, nobody thought one of those teams is.
Speaker 5: Going to go to the divisional round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're playing each other, so one of them is actually gonna you know, it's Texans, you think.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've become a huge CJ.
Speaker 1: Strau fan like that year. I like that.
Speaker 4: I hope he advances, doesn't go through the sophomore slump.
Speaker 5: I hope he'd be fun to watch.
Speaker 4: It'd be fun to have a Texans Cowboys rivalry.
Speaker 6: Texans Cowboys super Bowl?
Speaker 10: They play next year, don't.
Speaker 7: They do they?
Speaker 4: That would be awesome just because there's two cities just don't like each other. I don't know of another city that just doesn't like well.
Speaker 6: I mean there's always New York and Boston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, but that's more of a sports rivalry, that's not Do people from those cities actually.
Speaker 5: Hate people like I don't like him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like because you live there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody in Philly.
Speaker 4: I'll take your word for it, Philly versus everybody.
Speaker 5: All right, back to the show. Defensive side of the ball. Do we have an injury report?
Speaker 10: Really the only one to worry about. It looks like it's Gilmour shoulder. He did not practice yesterday.
Speaker 6: He did early portion of practice today. Okay, had helmet and sholder pads, all worked on the judge machines.
Speaker 5: So so he's moving moving.
Speaker 6: I mean, hell, if his legs work, let's go.
Speaker 1: I was just say, what let's go.
Speaker 10: It's a shoulder injury. How much does that limit him? Seventy eight percent?
Speaker 6: Yeah, NFL got good drugs.
Speaker 15: You can get that shoulder up a lot higher after you visit the training room.
Speaker 5: What about is Hankins good?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: He just limited yesterday with his ankle, but I mean he played last week.
Speaker 4: How big of a difference you've talked about Hankins big plays in this game.
Speaker 7: I know he's a big he.
Speaker 4: Feels he feels some space. But how big of a difference is he going to make in this game?
Speaker 5: If he's able to go or not.
Speaker 7: Date Marquise Bells life defends over.
Speaker 5: It's a very shocked, that's true. Its life depends on that.
Speaker 7: So that's big, that's big man.
Speaker 9: So we need him every bit of it, man, because I just believe teams go back. This is where all the scouts come back in. It's where all the coaches all, the general manager, everybody was over there about tied on one another.
Speaker 7: It's late in the week because look at this is what I found.
Speaker 9: You you get so much stuff the coach to start rejecting some of it, you know. And in every in every major game has one thing in coming with the Dallas Cowboys running the.
Speaker 7: Ball that is not changed over the last ten fifteen years.
Speaker 9: Teams will come in and that is what check this clip out, coach, check this clip out when last time they've seen this formation.
Speaker 7: Now, they ain't gonna put all of that in.
Speaker 9: Because they can't change who they are, right, you know, but they can put some wrinkles in. They can have what would you say, yeah, I never put was around putting the office. What if you run on an average sixty five plays? What amount of new plays?
Speaker 7: Two new plays?
Speaker 6: No, I would say ten? You have ten? You put ten in there?
Speaker 5: Do you practice those more than yeah?
Speaker 7: You got.
Speaker 6: Because most coaches expect offensively, they have to see it successful in practice to call it in the game. Like it's like if it's if it's a wrinkle, if it's kind of something that's outside of their norm. They want to see it repped. They want to see it repped because they don't because if there is, we're not doing that. Well, take it out. I've seen coaches I want to feel.
Speaker 7: Like, can't get Yeah, that's.
Speaker 6: Take it out. Take it out. We're not running it. No, scrap it.
Speaker 10: You say new play, is it like brand new they just drew it up or you're talking about this is a play that you may be worked on in training camps now and it's new.
Speaker 6: To this is due to this game. It's specific to this game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so they created it for this.
Speaker 9: For something they saw they could have saw somewhere else, somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Then it worked against this team, like the forty nine ers ran this and this is they broke down here.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna because what.
Speaker 6: They'll see, they'll see they go, oh, that play, the way they ran that play looks very familiar to some of the things that we do, right, or we have the personnel to do that, because sometimes some place you can't do like you know what, we can't run that player. I know it looks sweet, but we ain't got Tyreek Hill right, So we'll work without a Tyreek Hill type player. But you can see something. You go, well, it looks just like our count of trade. Right, Oh yeah, we got to Yeah, we can. We gotta do that.
Speaker 1: We can do that.
Speaker 4: So Chris, you bring bagged earlier this season? About I watch a lot of film.
Speaker 5: That's how I recognize all this stuff.
Speaker 4: Your job on Monday is if they run a play they don't normally run, you report back to us.
Speaker 5: Where they got that play from.
Speaker 6: Good luck?
Speaker 7: Okay, babe, I like it.
Speaker 5: Challenge accepted.
Speaker 6: Go down there and hey, what play does you get?
Speaker 1: Know what they got?
Speaker 6: Who's quality control? That's where he's going. We'll play with that.
Speaker 7: You gotta get that.
Speaker 15: For all I gotta say is if they ever run a flea flicker, our boy nick Yaman will jump out of the press box. I guarantee you that that is his play.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, his all time play.
Speaker 15: Oh my god. He always wants them to run flea flickers and they never do. It's like this is you know, would be a good player here.
Speaker 10: You know, we haven't seen many have we seen any trick plays?
Speaker 15: No, not even on special teams? Right, No, Actually, excuse me. We did have a fake fake field goal field goal and it was extra point.
Speaker 5: Remember that should be the pod pick this week.
Speaker 10: Will there be a trick yes or no.
Speaker 15: No, fine trick play though, what does say z u D?
Speaker 5: Why what zey?
Speaker 15: That's not a sponsor.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying it's like, yeah close.
Speaker 9: They got this all you gott.
Speaker 7: Okay you guys.
Speaker 15: Early on, we're talking about the Houston Cleveland playoff game. Yes, Cleveland and Houston played three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Did you know that I didn't.
Speaker 15: Amari Cooper had eleven catches for two tds. Yeah, that's when he and Cleveland won the game thirty six to twenty.
Speaker 7: So CD went to his coach, you said, look at him. Yeah, man, let's do what we do.
Speaker 15: But you know, last week it was impressive because if you c D, I believe at one point had like eleven targets eleven receptions. I mean, he was not dropping the ball last week. He was there targeting them and he was catching them.
Speaker 7: You know, just going around the playoff picture.
Speaker 9: Man, you know who's who's who's Uh maybe he's heard or something right, but you know, Tari can't he dropping a lot of balls, man, a lot of I'm talking about touchdown.
Speaker 15: Bones and drop one against us man, I'm like, wow, it's gonna be tough for them this week in Kansas City, because it's going to be the highest seven.
Speaker 7: Might be the coldest game ever. Right, it looks like it could be.
Speaker 15: The second coldest game in NFL history next year.
Speaker 7: You know what. I challenged that.
Speaker 9: I challenged that, and I think Jesse, well, I'm gonna put this, Jesse gonna agree with me. When you're playing in a cold game, you can't tell me that wasn't the coldest game, Chris. You've been in some games where you you can't tell me. You out the film and that was the coldest game. I mean the Chicago game. The numbers don't always tell you because I've been in some games where it's been thirty two degrees.
Speaker 6: But the win whip, that's the pass when that you ain't get the whipping.
Speaker 5: And you start sweating.
Speaker 6: Man, if you can, it's different. If you got twenty five and it's calm, right, a little bit of sun, thank you, you can work with that, boy. But what it's twenty five and that wind is whipping.
Speaker 4: That's why you know, That's why I think it feels so cold here is because there's always a breeze, whether it's summer or it's winter, the winds all if it's the motion. It's thirty outside and it's not windy, it's not really that cold. But if it's forty and the winds blowing like it was forty miles an hour earlier this.
Speaker 6: Week, what's around us?
Speaker 7: What did he say?
Speaker 6: What did you say? What's around us?
Speaker 9: The ocean is around us, you know, on the coast. Were on a coast rather now put.
Speaker 5: We're not on the coast.
Speaker 15: But I mean it is like it comes out of that south.
Speaker 5: We are a five hours right.
Speaker 7: But but it ain't funny.
Speaker 9: It ain't funny when them coastes have hurricanes and all of that, and it's affected us in a bad in a terrible way.
Speaker 7: Google, I'm telling you, okay, all right, we don't and it gets bad rain. We get bad rain, we.
Speaker 9: Get people houses flooded out. Ask South, well, you know what you right, you up on the north, you may not get affected. Go down south, you will get affected.
Speaker 4: Dallas is not because it lacks any navigable link to the sea.
Speaker 7: That's what they said. We're on the coastal, that's what they know.
Speaker 12: What.
Speaker 5: We're on the coastal plain. Dallas is in the coastal plains. That's what you mean.
Speaker 7: I don't care how you want to put it. I don't care how you want to put it. With the band bring that. No, no, don't, don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: You put it how you want. But when that weather come here will see yes.
Speaker 4: Dallas is located in the Coastal Plains region of Texas. The Coastal Plains region of Texas includes cities such as Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.
Speaker 7: Dallas is located on the border I know I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: In North Central Plains.
Speaker 4: Most of Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex lies inside the North Central Plains.
Speaker 15: This because this afternoon we're gonna be sitting at her desk. I'm gonna looking at my phone and I'm gonna be a picture of him at the water.
Speaker 6: He's going, He's going to right now, right.
Speaker 15: Only five hours later, it's.
Speaker 6: Coming our way. I can feel it.
Speaker 4: Where you white tomorrow to workfellas white out right out.
Speaker 7: In the studio.
Speaker 6: Good seeing.
Speaker 7: I'm like, I thought, I ain't say it, Custa, so I did too.
Speaker 5: I was like, we miss the other one.
Speaker 4: Jesse, good seeing you, Nate, good seeing you, kurtin timing in Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air.
Speaker 5: Jaz, thanks for keeping him company.
Speaker 4: Man Josh, thanks for keeping us on the social channels.
Speaker 7: We thank you. Time in our warm city.
Speaker 5: On the coast plain of Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 7: See tomorrow it's the coastal we Out.
Speaker 12: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.