Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 2: For that, we're joined by Bloomberg's Christina Quino.
Speaker 1: Christine, what are you looking at today? All right, Paul, Let's start with Intel today. Those shares are roaring at the moments a ticker INTC shares extending now up nine point four percent on the day, and that is because Intel agreed to pay fourteen billion dollars to buy back half of a plant in Ireland. I don't know how you buy half of a plant, but Intel is doing it. They are buying it back from Apollo, was the previous buyer, and so apparently the transaction is going to be financed with cash in hand, as well as the issuance of about six and a half billion dollars in new debt. Now investors are thinking that this is a positive sign for Intel because they spent much of twenty twenty five in cost cutting mode. So the fact that they're spending money and investing in infrastructure, particularly as they try to get into the infrastructure space. That is all being taken positive by the market. Boy Frank Yery I worked with back in Solomon.
Speaker 2: He's the chairman of the board.
Speaker 1: And tell me about throw a phone call out the Frank and say what are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, explain the strategy here is always smart.
Speaker 1: Well, I have a plan instead of a full plant. That's why I'd like to know.
Speaker 2: Maybe in due time. Let's talk about some defense contractors.
Speaker 1: Absolutely scarlet. Let's talk about Boeing in particular, because that's a big winner as well. Today, so ticker BA those shares also climbing on the day. They are now up. Let's have a look here, more than five percent, so extending some of those earlier games. And that is because the Pentagon announced a partnership with Boeing as well as Lockheed Martin to triple the production capacity of secrets for the Patriot Advanced Capability three missile segment enhancement. That is a lot of words to say missiles, but there you go. And so Boeing and now involved in this deal as well, again also saying that it's going to be a seven year agreement with Boeing, it's going to be part of its recent agreement with Lockheed to more than triple the output for these Patriots Seeker missiles and so annas are noting that the tripling of production is well in excess of I think it was initially an implied seven hundred and fifty per year in delivery in twenty thirty, which was earlier reference in October twenty twenty five. So those shares benefiting from that as well. Okay, very good. One more, let's take a look at Nike, big downer of a stock today, So took her n K again, those shares extending they're opening the clients. They are now down more than fourteen percent, so we know. Of course, Nike did have a disappointing forecast for the year ahead. They said that revenue is expected to decline in the current quarter. It's going to be down for the rest of the calendar year now. A Bloombering News exclusive also taking a look at this recording of an all hands staff meeting where the CEO, Elliott Hill, talking to staff basically airing his fresh about the situation. He said, quote, I am so tired, and I know you are too. You off talking about fixing the business. I want to move to inspiring and driving growth and having fun. But clearly divides are off there not having fun at the moment.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.