Speaker 1: Welcome to Dirty Rush, The Truth about Sororiti Life with your hosts me Gia Judice.
Speaker 2: Daisy Kent, and Jennifer Kessler.
Speaker 3: We're back to continue the conversation about work week. So here's why Dirty Rush works is because we allow.
Speaker 2: People to be anonymous when they need to be, so.
Speaker 3: That they feel safe, secure, confident in telling you what it really is, like work week Rush pledging initiation.
Speaker 2: So we allow people to have real names, fake names.
Speaker 3: We're okay with it because we want you to know that what we're telling you is the truth. So what we did as we're doing this series on work Week this weekend, we sent two people, producer Evy and your name Bella and Bella might be a fake name.
Speaker 2: We sent Bella to Bama Rush.
Speaker 3: So look, anybody who knows anything about Rush knows that suddenly, a couple of years ago, out of nowhere, Bama Rush exploded.
Speaker 2: It became the rush to watch.
Speaker 3: It became the tiktoks to watch, It became the girls to analyze, it became everything.
Speaker 2: So we are boots on the ground this.
Speaker 3: Season on Dirty Rush, and we are sending our team all over the country to cover Rush, to cover work week Rush and so on. So we are in a secret retreat, as you guys know if you listen to the previous episode, we are in a secret location on a sorority retreat. Essentially, we have sorority girls from all over the country here and we are bringing you these dirty Rush episodes. So basically, we sent producer Evy and Bella to Alabama. So first of all, what I want to ask you guys, is immediately when you got there and you started to sort of explore the town, So is the university in Alabama?
Speaker 2: What city?
Speaker 1: It's in Tuscaloosa, which is like an hour outside of Birmingham, which is the airport, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is the University of Alabama. And look, I get it. If you're in Alabama, you're rolling your eyes at what idiots we are. But there's people that may not know that.
Speaker 3: So you flew into Birmingham and then how far from the airport is it to get to Tuscalooso where the University of Alabama is an hour?
Speaker 2: An hour?
Speaker 3: And did you immediately when you get there feel the sort of sorority energy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me about it.
Speaker 4: It's like right when I stepped foot on the campus, I was like, all right, I get this whole Alabama thing.
Speaker 2: Because I need more, Like what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I think even when we like landed in the airport and we're like waiting for our bags, we saw girls who immediately like fit the bill, like you could tell they were on their way to do work week that they went to the University of Alabama. Like they were wearing like Park malk necks and like athletist.
Speaker 2: So they said, I can't write that down.
Speaker 3: So they were wearing Park which I obviously understand. Park Baknax is like the thing. Yeah, and did it feel pink or is that like a legally blonde.
Speaker 1: Like it's an im super pink but definitely like preppy, colorful monogram.
Speaker 4: And the things that they knew about, like what girls wear to class, they were wearing, like.
Speaker 2: Give me details. They're wearing Hooka sneakers.
Speaker 4: They're wearing like either like an alo tennis dress or kind of like a set like a like a tennis skirt top set. Like everything's very put together, and they have like monograms on their little ll bean toes or whatever, like they have been planning to pack for So we're.
Speaker 3: Not actually talking Gucci Dior Chanelle. No, it's leveled down, but it is brand names. Yeah, and it is coordinated and it is preppy.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: I think what I came to understand is that like the big like the Gucci and the designer and all that stuff that you see on TikTok, Like, isn't it Like I'm sure that's there, as it is at any score any sorority, but it's not the focus. They've just people online have made it the focus.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, Okay, is it blonde or what was it? Did you see extensions? Differently? It is blonde.
Speaker 4: Every everyone's blonde tan long blonde, long blonde, like a platinum blonde, right, blonde, bright blonde, bright tan.
Speaker 2: We went into a tanning slawn everyone there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to hear all about this. So first I know you guys, did you take an uber? This is where you've met?
Speaker 2: Your first interview was later We were support was great, normal, but just nothing on the rush scene.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: We actually we were kind of that first night when we landed, we were kind of striking out. We took a walk around campus. Okay, girls are getting ready for work week.
Speaker 1: We saw a group of girls talking to each other like on Greek row like, and they were in different houses we learned from listening in and they were like, they were like, what are you doing tomorrow? Like one of them and the other two were like secret.
Speaker 2: Oh, like they're getting a secret with each each other.
Speaker 3: And they were you stand out as like clearly you don't got you don't go there, or could you blend? Like maybe we can get in because we are young and we look like sorty girls.
Speaker 4: Well, Bella texted me when we were packing for this trip and she goes, you know what are you bringing?
Speaker 2: I'm like, prep you to the nine.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm bringing my you know, everything from And let me say she nailed it. O my prints, you know, your golden goose, sneakers or whatever you got.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we're gonna look like we blind in.
Speaker 4: And when we're walking around campus that first night, I'm trying to scope out the scene and see like who could talk to us and whatever, and they are already looking at you a little like a right.
Speaker 2: For the person listening for you listening.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Our two reporters are in their twenties, so they do they could pass easily for college students sorty girls obviously, we're doing that intentionally because we're infiltrating rush and trying to bring you like top secret information. All right, So you when you get to the hotel, is it a sorority?
Speaker 2: You know our sorority moms there? Did you feel that vibe?
Speaker 4: So we could tell that people were already, like even before classes or anything, had already begun.
Speaker 2: Like work, we could not quite begun.
Speaker 4: It was happening like the next day or the next day, but pete girls were moving into the hotel.
Speaker 2: Rushies there yet. Okay, so this is just sorority, just sorority girls girls women. It was like people doing rush who were like rushing. The p and ms were arriving, so it was like sophomore girls, the sophomore junior seniors.
Speaker 1: But what always interesting was in our hotel there was all these girls that we kept seeing like moving big ball because like unloading signs and we were like, oh, like what are you guys doing like whatever? They were on the panelonic board and they were running rush out.
Speaker 2: We were staying up. We split you at the right hotel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, this was definitely like the University of Alabama hotel where people say or whatever. But you could tell that moms were moving them into and everyone just has a little bit of this air of skepticism or secrecy or on their guard because I think they know that there's just so much attention around their school. And even we were walking around when the first night we got there, and I just like saw a girl walking towards us and asked her like, hey, you know, we're just we're reporters. I was just like, oh, we're you know, we're Felow Crority girls, but we work for this podcast and we like would love to ask you a few questions. And she was like, uh, I don't think I can say anything to you. And we're like, oh, okay, are you enjoying work week? And she's like, it's really chill, Like it's chill. It's much more chill than the people say that it is.
Speaker 2: And what did all right? But it felt like that was they're clearing the you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, I think I guess my question is are you seeing people making these tiktoks trying to be quote TikTok famous.
Speaker 2: Or does it feel like authentic rush.
Speaker 1: I would say like the last day we were there, like we kind of started seeing more of like the actual work week, Like the girls like in their outfits, they're like making tiktoks, like doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: But like before that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, we did hear from a P and M that I asked her. I was like, have you been advised at all on girls who are trying to get TikTok famous or whatever going into rush? Like, gir no longer did sororities want those girls? Like it brings on too much?
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's interesting, right, I think that that had its moment and it does seem to be changing, and maybe a new school will become.
Speaker 2: That, right.
Speaker 4: They actually said they're like, I think Oklahoma's your school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I've heard that that Oklahoma is the new Bama Rush.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also like to compare it to a show like The Bachelor. Right in the early seasons, you got more authentic people because there was no Bachelor famous, right, and then you get these sort of trying too hards because they're not there for the reasons which it sounds like these you know, potential rush rushies and the actives are trying to just have.
Speaker 2: A cool sorority.
Speaker 3: All right, So you hop in this uber and tell me a little bit about this Uber driver that you.
Speaker 2: Guys spoke to. Mama was his story? Was she in a sorority?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What was her story?
Speaker 4: I mean, we like hit the jackpot with our first Uber. We're feeling a little depleted from the night before, like getting so rejected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, reporter is a tough beat. I know it's there. Even the Uber driver.
Speaker 4: From the night before, Like she wasn't giving us much like shit, okay, all right, And we get in the car and we're like and we tell her what we're doing. You know, we're here, but we're trying to be soft with.
Speaker 2: People, so maybe they tell us. She starts off and she's she's got a Tumblr that says Mama Cy and.
Speaker 1: Her license plate says mama And we're like, so, what's the deal, Like, what's Mama Cy? And she's like, I am the number one Uber driver in the world. And at first I'm like, is this self proclaimed?
Speaker 2: That's good?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, she pulls it up.
Speaker 1: Uber has also awarded her as the number one Uber driver with over sixty thousand rides.
Speaker 2: Irrelevant, irrelevant, but like, good for you, Momacy, you rock. Then why did she tell you about sorority?
Speaker 6: She said?
Speaker 2: Born and raised in Tuscaloosa. It's beautiful, beautiful. She was in a sorority. She was a fine you know, well, we go, how what are you doing in Tescalusa? How are you getting all these rides whatever?
Speaker 4: And she's like, I do all the sorority transportation in Ubers.
Speaker 2: I'm a main uber driver. Did she go to Alabama?
Speaker 4: Yes, she goes, I went to University of Alabama and I was I'm from here.
Speaker 2: He was top house there. This is what we learned. And she goes, I was a fine meal. We go, is that the top house?
Speaker 4: And she goes, well, it's the only white house on canvas?
Speaker 1: So all no, sound, son't wait, let us explain. Let us explain suddenly, let us it is like physy painted white outside of the physical five ye sorority house, while all the other ones are brick brown.
Speaker 2: So it stands out a law on campus already looks prestigious. Before you know, that is beautiful there, I mean there must be effect. We'll get that. We'll get to that, all right. Your conversation with Mammasy roll it.
Speaker 4: Would you say you were telling us, but the reason why a lot of you know, girls are just hesitant to talk about and talk to us right now.
Speaker 2: It's because of everything that happened with Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like it just because it gets such a name on TikTok that everybody's just hasn't it because they are told, you.
Speaker 8: Know, not to say anything, not to do this, you know, just basically do your you know, get ready with me and call it a day and don't really say anything else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just held to like higher standards just to make it more fair for everyone.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And do you think maybe that.
Speaker 4: They're probably also worried that something gets picked up or something, you know, they just don't want anything.
Speaker 5: Well, they don't want to focus on them because if the focus is on them, then it's a risk for the chack to.
Speaker 4: Take them mm, got it.
Speaker 8: So and you don't want social media at risk. There's too much.
Speaker 6: Involved in that.
Speaker 2: So absolutely.
Speaker 4: And and is it the case where they would go right to standards if if some if someone did say something.
Speaker 5: Or oh, I would say definitely, well they would take they would go straight to jayboard first, and then straight it would get straight to panelantics.
Speaker 8: Well, OK, and they take that very serious.
Speaker 5: Our girls are very good, they're jayboard girls, and our fo guys are very serious. About it, and they pick up on everything, got it, So they are very they're on top of it. They're some of the most restigious girls on campus, so they are really really on.
Speaker 8: Top of it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, even the girls that we talked to seemed like when I went up to someone to the sheep right outside the hotel, she was on Panelinic and they seemed really buttoned up and.
Speaker 8: Ready to go. And that's the thing is like, the quatter you are, the better chance that everyone has.
Speaker 5: And that's what I always say, Like, you don't want to put a girl in that standard. You don't want to put her in that position, especially because if you're from like just a California and you're coming to Alabama, you're already are like, she'll shocked, so you don't know what to expect, and then you get here and then you're just that seven days is just miserable.
Speaker 8: Every day one hundred degree heat, ninety five percent humidity. You're hot, you're sweaty, you're miserable, and then you're going in there and then you're just it's just a lot of information to take in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I would say, yeah, I mean, I feel like it's fair to everyone, but I do feel like it is.
Speaker 8: It's very cut through all right.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: So Mama Sy, right, that's how everyone knows you number one uber in the world.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. You gotta love Mama Sy. First of all, she's got the voice, she really does. We didn't make any of this up. You can't fake you hit the jackpot with that. We just kept letting her talk. Great, I love it all right. So where was Mamsey taking you?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: We had been recommended this boutique, Papoori, okay, and we saw it online too.
Speaker 2: We like, they got this TikTok that went viral.
Speaker 4: All their stuff looked so cute, very Bama rush like, we got to get there.
Speaker 2: So we walk in and then we're a little confused because we're like, this is a furniture store. Oh that's interesting. But then it's so good.
Speaker 4: The other woman pipes in, she's like, are you looking for Papoori And we're like yeah, and she's like over here, y'all, And then we walk over into it's like the back of this furniture.
Speaker 9: It's like pretty friendly and nice, so nice, so nice, and the people who are like don't want to be associated with you like not speaking or like the sweetest like like somehow to deliver it in.
Speaker 2: The sweetest way. You can't even be master if this is your first reporting assignment you've ever been given in your lives or have you previously reported on things let's say, yeah, they're like, yeah, producer Evy, you reported on things before. Yeah, I've I've reported on before so and in college too.
Speaker 3: So you do you talk to the woman at this boutique, lindsay.
Speaker 1: So, then we get to the back of the furniture store. We meet Lindsay and another sales associate who's very nice, who goes to the university.
Speaker 2: How do they get action in the back of the furniture store.
Speaker 4: Her sister in law owns the furniture store.
Speaker 2: And then Lindsay she sends people to the back. Yeah, she says, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it's a very nice, upscale furniture store that has like multiple rooms and then there's the back for all the dresses.
Speaker 2: And so you walk into this back boutique and is it like sorolreaty closed, like.
Speaker 1: Love to the brim, like perfectly curated for every round of rush for anything Alabama, Like you're like perfect, perfect like Prame Day, Prince Bright fun and.
Speaker 2: Are we talking expensive expensive or no?
Speaker 4: So what I've found about because when I hear boutique, I think pricey, But what I found about Southern boutiques is actually they kind of like like and I'm not flaming in a web, like they dupe. I've noticed that they duped something that would be like on Revolve or maybe like that's like Mesa or farm Rio or whatever, like a brand that might be more a little high end, a little high end, and they kind of dupe it and maybe it feels a little different whatever, but it's the same look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so it's kind of fan yeah, good, good good, you know, whole thing and like.
Speaker 3: Three people probably doesn't need to do. But I think they would have anthropology dresses.
Speaker 4: Right, that kind of thing, where like it's similar styles or shapes that are recognized with.
Speaker 2: A price point more like a fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: It was like probably like the dress like under one hundred, under one hundred, like cute like night like I don't know, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so what so and lindsay talk to you guys, oh yeah, and we're like do you own the store?
Speaker 4: She's got this cute sales associate TK who talk.
Speaker 2: To all the sorority girls in there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Well what she did tell us is she was like, what we found about the University of Alabama, there's Old Row and Newro kind of with the arority.
Speaker 1: Mamma See said, she talked a little bit about Okay, yeah, Old Row, New Row.
Speaker 4: And and it just basically means Old Row is for some people might have more prestigialized because it's just like it's like the Ivy leaks, Like it's more they've been around the longest at Alabama.
Speaker 2: And then there's New Row. But they're still like really popular sororities in New Row. But I think those are.
Speaker 3: Is about the houses on those streets, not like the restaurants or stores.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Rich sorority for the White House. The final So let's.
Speaker 3: Listen to a little bit of what Lindsay told you, guys, so give me again. Like what she was explaining, like about the sorority girls coming into the bea.
Speaker 1: She's like more Old Row sorority girls typically like the styles in our boutique as they lean a little more conservative preppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Old Row.
Speaker 3: And New Row dressed differently. A little bit different vibes. I guess my question is are there top houses on both Old Row and New Rock?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So that like Zeta House that got that went TikTok viral and whatever. They're a New Row interesting, but it's more of the girls like from out of state, like I think like Old Rows, Like like even Mama Ce was like where She's like, I'm from Tuscaluso.
Speaker 2: What do you think I was in Old Row? Got it? What's rolrity? I'm you got it? Okay, all right, got it?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: So let's let's take a listen to Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I'm here with Lindsay from Papoori Boutique.
Speaker 2: Hi, Lindsay, come on talk Okay, So tell us about your store.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 10: So we're a little clothing boutique in tesclose to Alabama. We're located in sad lampot Is Living, which is like a high end decorating store, and we're hidden in the back like towards the right hand corner, and we just sell a bunch of cute little like rush dresses and game day dresses for Alabama to the girls on campus and locals here in town and Tuesclosa.
Speaker 4: Have you gotten to know the girl, like the girls who live here in town really well to know what they would like.
Speaker 10: Yes, So we definitely have a lot of local shop with us and then a local a lot of local girls that are in school at Alabama. For those that are like going through rush, we have a bunch of cute little rush outfits. Normally here in Alabama, they do like mini dresses and not a lot of midi or maxi just because it's so hot in the summer, so we try to stock up for a lot for them. Yeah, and just for the various different days that they go through. So yeah, that's I would definitely keep.
Speaker 2: That in mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when it market when you when you find you like find that some sororities shop here more than others, or you've gotten to know certain sororities more than others.
Speaker 8: For sure.
Speaker 10: We definitely have certain girls and sororities that like us that could time we're I guess yeah, they're drawn to us more. It's definitely more the old row.
Speaker 4: Oh, everyone come in to be for your all your rush needs love it all.
Speaker 3: Right, So I guess, uh, are you really now that you're sort of immersed in Bama Rush. Seeing girls everywhere really experiencing Bama.
Speaker 4: Bama is like, these girls do not stop hop girl walking.
Speaker 2: I think they probably hot girl walking. They are tell me what that girl walking? They are in their hookahs, in their pink workout sets from three people Lululemon.
Speaker 4: Ala with their balla bangles which are like handweights or.
Speaker 2: Wait and best pause every So this is the girl the sorty girls.
Speaker 3: This is their sort of daytime outfit as they're walking, exercising.
Speaker 2: Yep, talking talking those bank when you said the Bengals, what was lalla.
Speaker 4: Beangals, They're like they're this brand of like cute looking hand weights.
Speaker 2: Or like, what is that the way you get my upper arms? Yeah? Like like or you can put them on your ankles. I'll try it, all right, So these guys you'd like them, I might have them. I think I might. So if I put those on my wrists while I walk, is my upper arm gonna get more? You might have to like go like this, But I feel like you kind of already.
Speaker 1: Do you see the little stuff while you're walking? Okay, there's a little ten minutes.
Speaker 3: So you're seeing these girls out walking looking hot.
Speaker 2: I was just like Bailey.
Speaker 4: I can't even like they just keep coming because I was trying to get like a video in front of the houses and I was like, just wait till they go, and then they just kept coming and they're all looking at me.
Speaker 2: So it feels like there's hundreds of girls. Yeah, and all they do is walks Barbie land. That's okay, this is interesting. So they kind of have a bar Barbie vibe during work.
Speaker 1: Week, like only the girls have really started moving in, like some people obviously were there.
Speaker 2: But did you see a girl that has brown hair? Yeah? For sure, Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Multiple it's not like, oh my gosh, like it's only definitely very all the blondes you're seeing.
Speaker 2: It's not like a California one.
Speaker 4: Oh it's white, white with extensions twenty foot or twenty inch whatever, and it's like a straight, straight look more like a little bit of like a wavy curl.
Speaker 3: This is probably an inappropriate question, but look, we're keeping it real. Similar body types or are you seeing different bodies?
Speaker 2: Is there any diversity? There is something. I think there's more like diversity. It's in the South, so it's not just one body.
Speaker 1: The girls are like pretty fit, but I wouldn't say it was like, oh like any nation like okay, it was pretty like normal.
Speaker 4: And they got some great barbecue down there, like okay, off the queue.
Speaker 3: So so speaking of looking beautiful, so you guys decide we're going to hit a tanning salon.
Speaker 2: It's right next door of the boutique, crucial part of any college canvas, especially Bama for sure.
Speaker 1: Like common girls are you know, we're like, oh formal, like go to this bratan it spray tan not back.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: Until this very moment I was thinking tanning bed. I literally didn't realize we're talking spray tans for something. When you guys said tanning salon, the fifty year old in me thought, these people are laying in tanning beds. They got it, they're spray tanning. Yeah, so well that's why I've never I've never been tanning.
Speaker 2: Bed in my life. I'm yeah, okay, I don't do you.
Speaker 3: All spray tan at your schools and the sorty girls that are not on the air right now, raise your hands if you get spray tans.
Speaker 2: Our one fraternity.
Speaker 3: Boy okay, so in college day I got tan and our fraternity boy, Michael if you listened to our episode earlier also Spray Tank.
Speaker 6: They don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, so do you comes.
Speaker 3: You go into the Tanning Salon and did they talk to you?
Speaker 2: They will.
Speaker 4: We kind of like pitched it as like oh we and we'll promote your salan too well here and they were just trying to get off the ground, like there's members better play.
Speaker 1: Shoot glow salon g l O and they had an amazing and it said glow tide everything great in Alabama every not sorry, let me rephrase in Tuscaloosa, such a college town. Everywhere you go, sometile weaves in glow tide like Alabama, something like an elephant whatever.
Speaker 2: Or it'll just say Todd tied with go to like I said that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you go into the Tanning sloan bless them roll Tide, glow Tide.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, huge salon over thirty rooms, dirty emphasize. Remind you of Ross Pivot Ross Uh.
Speaker 3: When he got the four and the four you guys don't know from friends from the two, he forgot to turn got the two again, and then he went in again to try to even it out and got another two.
Speaker 2: So it was now he's a six. Oh my god, and he's like so orange.
Speaker 3: So anyway, tell me what tell me the gist of what they had to say in the Tanning slot.
Speaker 4: Well, we talked to a girl in there who was just about to rush. So that was a great, great girl to talk to. But they were also like trying to sell some member.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 2: No, she talked to you a little. She talked to us on tape. Oh wow. Okay, So you go in the Tanning salon and there were customers in there getting prepped for rush rushies or actives rushies. Wow, and I kind of thought it was like actives.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the girl we talked to was about to go into rush.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, so you guys were able to actually get a girl who's about to go through Bama Rush.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And she was lovely all right, we will not give her name. The greatest Rush mindset.
Speaker 1: If anyone is needing a mindset refresh before going into Rush, I would.
Speaker 2: Definitely listen up amazing advice.
Speaker 4: I asked her point blank. I was like, what sorty do you want to be? And like, what's the top sorority here? And she goes, Honestly, I have no idea. I haven't even looked it up.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: She's like, I made a conscious effort to not view like that. When she sees a TikTok, She's like, I try to scroll like whatever. She's like, I'm just really trying to go into an open mind and see where I find go.
Speaker 3: To listen to her, and we have altered her voice to protect her.
Speaker 7: Where are we right now?
Speaker 6: We're at Low Tanning and Tuscaalosa, Alabama. Love it? Okay? So do you?
Speaker 7: Is this like the main spot where all like sorority girls get their TEMs. So we're trying to be We just had our grain opening on Joya Lemon. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: So we're done in.
Speaker 7: Our likes here, so love it. We offer a little bit more than anything else in town.
Speaker 6: So okay.
Speaker 7: And do you go to Alabama or are you okay? We're kind of evenly split between Alabama and Shalotte. God, I love Rising Sophomore.
Speaker 6: Okay? Are you an a sororitiot? No, I'm rushing this fat Oh my.
Speaker 7: Gosh, wait, that's so exciting. Oh my gosh, what have you heard about rush? Like?
Speaker 6: Do you feel like it's gonna be crazy?
Speaker 7: I'm so excited it's going to be a lot of people, but it's gonna be like Barbie Land, just so.
Speaker 6: Much of girls. I mean, you look like a.
Speaker 7: Barbie Like when is every I feel like all the girls that work in here, everyone I'm seeing leave or like blonde haired like.
Speaker 6: Tan skin, Yes, we know everybody going? Is that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 7: I feel like I've seen like on social media be like they got like sec five like they like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thing, it's a thing like you're just like everyone just go blonde and tan and cross. Actually a lot of.
Speaker 7: Interesting Okay, Okay, So what do you will tell you about Russia?
Speaker 6: You excited about it.
Speaker 7: Or do you?
Speaker 6: Yes? I can't wait. I'm really excited to meeting people be able to talk about talking. Yeah, that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, Amy, I have a question for you. Okay, good.
Speaker 4: What do you think an unlimited membership tanning membership costs in alabam in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Speaker 2: So that means you could tan any time you want, anytime you want. You could do four services per day every day. This place also does all this u V stuff I know other day.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to cost you, and I am I giving you a monthly number, monthly number fundred fifty dollars fifty bucks if you share it with a friend, so it's like one hundred each.
Speaker 2: So me and Bella could go in on it.
Speaker 3: So for one hundred dollars, you could go to Tan as many times as you want, up to four times a day.
Speaker 1: But they also have hydra body facials like other wellness things, massage chairs, so you can do four services in one day, so you could go every day and a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people get the full membership. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think the smart money is on that one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: When I would get a spray tan in La, it cost me eighty bucks a pop, and.
Speaker 2: This is fifty dollars unlimited services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, massage chairs, there was a massage, petties hydrah.
Speaker 2: I did get a many petty there though, massages at the same place, at this Globe place. No, this was a different place. Oh in Alabama. And then you're getting ready for rash All right, well okay, so I.
Speaker 3: Am excited that business. After this you found the boys well done.
Speaker 1: So then we were like after a long, hard, frivolous day, frivolous.
Speaker 2: It was pretty frivile reporting Bella's like I am really embracing my new job as a reporter.
Speaker 1: We were like, we need dinner, and I was kind of like I could do, Like I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Did I want Mexican food? I don't remember. I just dude in Tuscaloosa. So first night I knew I wanted some barbecue. Okay, I saw not name it because it wasn't my favorite.
Speaker 4: And this is the kind of establishment where you go in and they hand you a menu and.
Speaker 2: A made of wonderbread. Oh yes, but the menu is sticky, probably like it had barbecue sauce on it. Huh yeah, authentic fun. Yeah, it was good before you had jam hands. It's fine.
Speaker 1: And then this night, though the food or lunch was great. The next day I thought the sandwiches, oh yeah, hub whatever, So.
Speaker 2: You guys are out eating on the dirty rush dime. But I did not cost a pretty penny. Everything there was quite cheap. College town. That's pretty sonyway. We did not go hungry.
Speaker 1: We did some TikTok research, as one does to find the best restaurant.
Speaker 2: We should go to.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, so we got onto your talk and I found this place called Taco Mama.
Speaker 2: We go, We walk there to save some money.
Speaker 3: We want, oh say thank you was not available to we just needed the exercise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jar Barbic, I mean Bell over here was feeding a burrito and I was feeding a frat boy conversation.
Speaker 2: So here we got to love that you found the boys.
Speaker 1: So it's a great vibe Margarita's frat boys.
Speaker 3: And I did get a great picture which we should post of producer Evvy talking to the boys and we have their backs, which I loved, so we can protect them but still show you guys the photo. And we're gonna have a ton of photos on our Instagram.
Speaker 2: What is our Instagram? Dirty Rush podcast podcast great.
Speaker 3: From Bama Rush. You know Bama Rush work Week. Uh so were you asking the boys their hot take essentially on Sorority Rush?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, tell me a little what they said, then we'll take a listen to them.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the perfect dynamic because I went up to this table of Frapp boys and I just knew they're wearing khaki shorts and the T shirts whatever, and they're like, oh my god, this guy's your guy. He's the student ambassador. Oh and then his friend comes down. He's like, and it's my birthday. And he was drink and I was like, this is great, good cop, backup, sit down, right, And so I started asking them the questions, and you know, you first, I'm learning how to be a journalist.
Speaker 2: You first asked him like, what do you guys do in here? How do you like taco mama? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And and they're like I overhear them like telling her their order.
Speaker 2: Whatever it takes to get your story.
Speaker 4: So I'm talking. I'm like, I I mean, I'm just loving Alabama. The vibes are great. I can tell why you guys love this school, Like, you know, tell me about Greek life here?
Speaker 2: What do you like it? Whatever? Going into it? And then I started asking like, well, if you had.
Speaker 4: To choose, like, what do you think the top sorority would be here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: An ambassador? Guys like, I'm going to hand that off to this Paneliniki kind of impartial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's like doesn't want I think he gives like it's probably like a.
Speaker 2: Tour guy take aside, right, Yeah, And the other guy's like, Kyo's my wife. Oh, Kyo's my wife. Kyo's my wife. We got to just roll the clip here movie, let's take let's listen to these these fellas.
Speaker 4: So I'm here at Taco Mama, like he would, you guys say, this is like the hottest Mexican.
Speaker 8: Place, the best Mexican place in town.
Speaker 2: So you're in a fraternity here.
Speaker 6: We are in a fraternity here.
Speaker 4: So do you feel like it's just like blown up in the last few years with like Fama.
Speaker 10: Rush, Well, probably going back to like seven four, five years.
Speaker 2: Five years, it was a really big deal. Especially a lot of the documentaries in that place. They out of the water.
Speaker 5: I would say personally that was a not an accurate representation of what we are as a Greek live community.
Speaker 4: All Right, you guys, thank you so much, and say, my conversation with those two is just made my night.
Speaker 2: They were great.
Speaker 4: Then I think they went off and partied and celebrated number two's birthday for them.
Speaker 1: Also, just to really give people an inside look to the atmosphere in Tuscalu. So we are here on a random Monday night. School is not in session. This is a random restaurant we find and it is fully packed. People are drinking. It's like a great time on this randomie.
Speaker 3: Did you get the vibe that these kids are having a great time at college at Bama.
Speaker 4: I think, like the perfect picture to explain, like I really understood like this school breeds school spirit because the Theta house practically backed up to the football stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you couldn't be in.
Speaker 4: Your sorority room, walk down the stairs and do a hop, skip and a jump and you'd be in the football stay.
Speaker 2: I went to Cal, and we have that same situation at Cal, not at UCLA.
Speaker 3: Ucla, unfortunately you have to go like on a two hour bus ride to the football game.
Speaker 2: You take like, yeah the road to help.
Speaker 3: Ladies for your first sorority college reporting job. Bravo, well done, You've got the story. You got your story. So to sort of wrap things up, what is your kind of button? Your two cents on work week at Bama because we really are re covering work week. We wanted to learn a little bit about the school and why it's become so TikTok famous.
Speaker 2: But do you feel like they're working hard during work week? I think they're working very hard.
Speaker 1: It seemed like a lot of work was put in, like the houses are so pretty and all the decorations and stuff. But what actually, like I feel like stood out to me was that all the girls we talked to, even the ones we like didn't talk to, were really like happy and like seem like they really like their sorority and like there's so many there that I was like, Wow, you're all willing to like come and do all this work for your sorority, like even obviously not all of them can be like considered like top or whatever. But I'm like you almost like like it like pretty good. You know, yeah that that's not the case at every school. Like I feel like some people are like, oh I hate my sorority like whatever.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well we did get the under We did find out that there's a really high turnover rate, like people draw.
Speaker 1: Does that mean oh, like people like girls dry like when they're like seers.
Speaker 2: Because the duw's apparently you're expensive.
Speaker 1: When upwards can be upwards of twenty thousand dollars a year, okay when you consider like uh like outfits for foremost.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what was going on. They were saying, just dudes, yeah, twenty k. So there's twenty k plus plus plus plus Yeah, so they say that, like there's a lot of turnover. Girls. Girls stay freshman, sophomore year, leave junior senior year. Okay, they're not staying the full four years.
Speaker 3: And producer Evy, what's your sort of hot take on BAMA Rush work Week?
Speaker 4: Was this both your.
Speaker 2: First times to Alabama? I can't remember, this is my first. I added a new state to the list. I'm so glad. Was this your first time Alabama?
Speaker 5: BA?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, great, yeah, give me your hand.
Speaker 4: I think my hot take would be that the moms and the like adult women are a lot more involved in the South than in where I went to school.
Speaker 2: In La same Macal, the moms are zero involved.
Speaker 4: No, and these are all of the moms are coming for work week, even if their daughters are already in sororities. All the moms come for Sorority Rush to be like they're for emotional support. They're buying a hotel room in the place that we stayed. And then we saw like a bunch of women, like like maybe women who had been in the STORTI and are like in the alumni network or whatever, rowing up their car parking and bringing.
Speaker 2: Out all this stuff for work week, like out of their car. It's like all loading rogs and all this shit. We also met a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people who had gone to Alabama, that lived in huscal loose now or we're there in Tuscaloos like do whatever. Like the two ladies on my flight randomly started talking about how they were both five US at the University of Alabama, like into Birmingham, Like you know what I'm saying, it's momsy, this was pre momisee.
Speaker 2: Like oh wom well this fine? You two, Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We met, we're overstirred, like five plus like a lot of people almost ever. We talked to make you go and you stay, yeah, yeah stay, it seemed, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, well done, well done, well done. Well I can't wait to see where we send you next. Great stuff.
Speaker 6: Me neither.
Speaker 2: In Oklahoma, they were plugged.
Speaker 4: Lindsay at the boutique was she could not stop talking about how much she loved Auburn.
Speaker 2: She's like, you guys, just gotta go. Where's Auburn that's also in Alabama? Oh you're going back to Alabama? I guess. Well done.
Speaker 3: Then this is a dirty rush on our work week special at our sorority retreat at a secret location, and we're so glad you're listening.
Speaker 2: Let's get dirty
Speaker 1: Hmm.