Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze Tv.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: America from Virginia Beach, Baby, We're ready. I see Union, Mississippi is ready, Yellow Creek. I see Tuscaloosa Academy at Alabamason loving the new show.
Speaker 1: They be ready to go today. There's Pennsylvania checking in. How about this, I see you, Madonna, Georgia, I know that you're ready.
Speaker 2: Fife, Alabama says yeah, I'm ready. Laura Mississippi, Yeah, I'm ready. Hey, how about the Toyota Plants?
Speaker 4: Ready to go?
Speaker 1: Huntsville, Alabama. Let's go birds. South Bend, Indiana says I'm up in the hands. They continue to pour in from all over. Everybody's ready, gun smoke. I'm glad to know you're ready.
Speaker 2: Glad to know the Toyota plant, Mississippi is ready to go.
Speaker 1: Everybody say, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Brook Haven is ready.
Speaker 1: They're just pouring in from all over Jonesboro, Arkansas. The Razorbacks say, I'm ready, Munford, Alabama.
Speaker 2: I see the lines they are ready to go. Say hey, I am ready. So here we are from Virginia Beach.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: The founder's in here at Regent University and we're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 1: Of course we'll be uh, we will be doing the seven hundred club. Speedy Greg Adler, all there fellas hope, everybody having a good a good day. How are we?
Speaker 4: We're good where you at?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny and speaking. I have just the slightest echo in my headlight, but it's not much. But but I'm good. I mean, it's not enough to matter.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It's odd. I'm sitting here, uh, in my in my room, and it's really strange because I'm thinking to myself, can you imagine having the room next to me? And I'm screaming, I see that you're ready in Johnsboro, Arkansas.
Speaker 4: Now I cannot imagine?
Speaker 6: Are you doing it in a whisper voice?
Speaker 4: And what?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 1: You know, I was getting pretty loud because I'm looking outside and let me take this founders in so picture this is going to help you a lot. So picture in your mind. American village.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, got it.
Speaker 1: That's where I am.
Speaker 6: A village.
Speaker 4: I'm basically in Virginia, your American village. Okay, all right, I love it.
Speaker 6: So the Virginia RG.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now let me tell you go ahead right out of the gate. One thing we got to get it. We got to get out off the table. And that is what did we do yesterday as far as travel.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, that go yeah, yeah, we got to get the whole recap.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'll run that. Let me tell you what birds did yesterday. I dropped kick Commercial Airlines.
Speaker 8: You said, I'm out, Burgess out, birds out, not gonna.
Speaker 6: Go through it again.
Speaker 2: Sitting in that airport starret walls for an hour, couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: I couldn't no where to lay down.
Speaker 1: I thought to myself, I have given too much of my life to airports and.
Speaker 4: You can't have it anymore.
Speaker 6: That's it limit for the year. I'm just not doing it.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't you ever just get to something and you just all of a sudden you just declare, can't do it.
Speaker 6: I ain't doing that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 8: That is hilarious because I saw how it was playing out post show, how things we had to For those of you that do not know down where we live in the Southeast, we had some systems coming through mid afternoon to late afternoon, and they were just kind of rolling through, you know, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee and whatever. And it was about the time you were going to be taking off and heading towards Virginia. And I saw what was playing out, and I went, oh, my goodness, he's going to stay. He's going to get delayed and then get in get in at midnight again and then have to be up and uh, I could see the decision brewing.
Speaker 4: What do we do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just couldn't. I thought to myself, you know, how much is my life worth? And I started looking at the schedule and I had slept for two hours and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: Had that hurt?
Speaker 1: And we did the show yesterday and then the show was over, and then we did a podcast promoting the book, which I got a funny story about the book today on Less Bradford.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh okay, who's with me?
Speaker 1: Less? He's with me he'll press and I have such a good one and it's gonna own y'all. By the way, he caused a major handle yesterday concerning the book, but anyway, gosh, it was so good. So by the time we're done with the podcast, you know, before we started doing it, I was looking at the forecast like you were talking about speedy, and I said, you know what, there is just scattered thunderstorms just popping everywhere. And honestly, I don't mean any I don't want to be a you know, a bip to anybody or any ill will and sound like oh, but you know, some things are just logical. And I'll just tell the whole world this. If you're not familiar with our culture and where we live and the climate, Honestly, if you're doing things that have timelines on them and you book flights three o'clock in the afternoon, four o'clock and afternoon four thirty, you're just asking for trouble in the summer, you know, in the summer months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're for trouble.
Speaker 1: And it's just our culture just just I mean, we have thunderstorms a lot during during the hotter time of year, and so so I just find uh started saying uh to to the team that that that was you know, all involved, you guys, and of course you know the show need to be on the air today for a little while and all of this, and I just said, I'm not doing it, and so h So I talked to to Oscar and the gang that that flies us, you know, everywhere, and I said, hey, you know, how far is it to Virginia Beach? Are you available? And I can tell you something. Being able to do what we did at the office yesterday, yeah, you know, have take everything. And then the other thing. I started worried about it. And I'm sitting here looking at it, you know, because I heard them talking about this. Even getting on a plane, even if you had to carry on a piece of luggage that has a battery on it. Have you seen these carry ons that have a battery on them?
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, plugging suitcase youah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pluging suitcase. They were telling you got you can't have that, you got to take your battery off. And this thing, this thing I'm broadcasting on right now, has a big battery on it. It's got it's got a giant battery on it. And I said, you know what, I'm gonna have some t s a handle with this stuff. If I if we go in chart of the plane, nobody cares. I put this on with me. Nobody's handling it. It's going to ride in the plane with me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can bring anything you want.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And I just and I just said, I got to have the freedom of that. You know, lucky and so.
Speaker 8: So six sided baby brother wanted you strip search by ts I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he really did happen. Luckily you didn't have to do that.
Speaker 1: No, but you know, honestly, it was odd someone that founder's end did.
Speaker 2: But he said, you're not getting away with its chack.
Speaker 1: No what What what I'm saying is this, there's this dilemma of what we do for a living. Okay, there's the while it feels good to know that Rick's going to get where he's going on time. It has plenty time to set up the broadcast, gear testing, and things go smoothly. But then there's the other side of what Greg's talking about. Now Rick hasn't been striped shirt strip search and he's not into rest. So now we don't have as much content.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're talking about hours worth content at least at least at least.
Speaker 1: So so so honestly, because I dropped kicked commercial airlines and and and airports, I had a relatively smooth day getting here. We got here and plenty of time. We were able to meet the wonderful people here. We were able to sit down at this delicious restaurant. I had a I had a rabbi. Guys, listen, I was I wasn't eating at some airports somewhere.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's when I would look dot it our timeline and we go, okay, still in Atlanta.
Speaker 9: Uh, sure, you gotta compare the whole time. To compare, can you imagine when we were here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This, do you realize? Do you realize when I went to bed last night, I was still in Atlanta?
Speaker 4: I would?
Speaker 3: You really.
Speaker 5: Would?
Speaker 4: I would?
Speaker 1: I would have still been in Atlanta. I was going to mad and I would have still been sitting in the airport Atlanta. Yes, and and so we just because that we by the way, some of those flights did get delayed half hour here in this costo.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so we we ended up getting here, having a great dinner, discussing what's going on. I was able to go to bed and get seven hours sleep.
Speaker 6: Well I could believe that.
Speaker 4: And now I'm.
Speaker 1: Sitting in this nice room of course, wish they had a coffee maker in it, and.
Speaker 4: Ready to go. Right. The only thing missing is the coffee.
Speaker 6: I'll drink it here.
Speaker 4: I got Bradford looking for coffee.
Speaker 2: Hey, bird, bird, you gotta have coffee, all right?
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, this this is important. This, this is this is important. Bank on yourself. Okay, listen. A lot of this old school this is how you do your retirement completely outdated. There is a better way to go about it. Bank on yourself. Look this four one k stuff and the old way that you do it that you being lied to. They tell you to max out your four one k in your ora, then they make you beg for permission to use your own money.
Speaker 4: They tell you to.
Speaker 1: Defer paying your taxes by saving in a four oh one K or an ira because you'll retire in a.
Speaker 2: Lower tax bracket.
Speaker 4: But if that were true, why.
Speaker 1: Are so many retirees in the highest tax bracket of their lives. It's time for you to get the truth and discover a better way to grow and protect your money. Bank on yourself. It is the proven retirement plan alternative banks in Wall Street desperately hope you never hear about you ready to hear some of the things. I can't run them all, but I'll give you some of the things. There's more than I'm even going to tell you. Guaranteed predictable growth and retirement income with bank on yourself, Your plan doesn't go backward when the markets tumble. Your principle and growth locked in tax free retirement income. You'll know your tax rate in retirement because guess what, it'll be zero under current tax law, which protects you from the coming tax tsunami. You're in control, not the government, not Wall Street. You get access to your money for emergencies and opportunities with no questions asked. There are no government penalties or restrictions on how much or when you can take it. And when you use your money, it keeps growing like you never touched it. Now you tried doing that with a four oh one K or an ira. Let me go ahead and tell you ahead of time, you can't. Built in inflation protection, your money is guaranteed to grow by a larger dollar amount every year, in both good times and bad times. Could you use a little calmness and all this volatile world we're in right now. Yeah, So you can get a free report that reveals how you can bank on yourself and enjoy tax free retirement, income, guaranteed growth and control of your money. Just go to bank on Yourself dot com slash r b S and get a free report that's bank on yourself dot com slash r b S. Bank on yourself dot com slash r b S. So I found the coffee.
Speaker 8: Oh really that's huge. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who we were about to do it last one. Well, here's what happened here in this particular. Remember remember I'm at American Village. Now, for those of you out there that don't know what I mean when I say picture of American village, let me let me tell what I mean by that picture Colonial America.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And remember this is the founder's in so it's all based on the founding others of our country. As a matter of fact, I think I'm staying in the James Madison Park or something like that. Have you seen, Hey, honestly beautiful place. Love being here. I mean it's gorgeous. I mean the lawns are manicured. I mean there's a little fountains and stuff like this. But but greg little spook.
Speaker 4: Factor, oh that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, little.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You open up your door and for some reason you just didn't expect Alexander Hamilton to.
Speaker 2: Be out there.
Speaker 4: Welcome you.
Speaker 1: It's just now, look it's it's it's wonderful.
Speaker 6: It's one of the British coming you know.
Speaker 1: It's it's like you're like, you here for just.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: But but so it's not your typical hotel room. You don't like when you're on the road where you go, I know where.
Speaker 4: All the stuff is.
Speaker 1: It's a little it's a little more like you're staying at an Airbnb. But it's not. Yeah, it's like you're staying Oh no, here's a better but here's a better knowledgy a bed and breakfast. Yeah, it feels like a bed and breakfast, which I love. But but you don't have the typical So the coffee is actually inside kind of an antiquish looking entertainment center kind of thing, you know, normally like where they if you're in a typical hotel room, it's where the refrigerator would be, right yeah, And I started looking around and Bradford said, it's actually in your room. You just need to look for it. And it's it's like pushed up in there on a lazy Susan and I found the little pot thing.
Speaker 6: Was it hard to get it right?
Speaker 1: But you know one of the things, Greg, and I know you'll echo this, you'll echo this. You know, there's things in life that you just don't understand. One of the things in life. I don't understand decaffeinated coffee. What's its purpose?
Speaker 6: I know its cause it tastes so good.
Speaker 1: I mean what is it for? Yeah, that's right up there with that's right up there with non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think there's a huge audience for the non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 6: I'm just guessing.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Freshet, Yeah, I want to refreshing drink, I mean.
Speaker 2: Classic, really, I mean yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think so refreshed. Going, Rick, why have you got beer face?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Apparently for nothing? There's anoo.
Speaker 11: I want beer without any of the good stuff, yeah, just the bad stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's going to cost twice as much as the regular yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so yeah.
Speaker 2: Here it's Are you familiar with the university that Pat Robertson created Regent Regent.
Speaker 6: I thought that was a bank Regent.
Speaker 2: It's Regions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you would? Would you be a little bit shocked to know ten thousand students?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten thousands? That's not what I thought, right, I kind of mean me either. Anybody ever been to Virginia Beach?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 1: I have not, No, No, I think this is my first time. I don't think I've ever been here yet. Greg, have we ever been here?
Speaker 2: I don't think we have Virginia going back to the band days, yeah, pus uh power coming storm days.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think we didn't quite get there. One time we were close, okay, beautiful.
Speaker 1: I mean it wasn't as nice as being and you know, laying trying to fall asleep, sitting standing straight up, sitting up at an airport.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know how you make you know, how you make decisions in life, and you're like, I don't know if I should have done that.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that I have, none of that feeling. I've never made such a good decision.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not gonna like it when that envoys comes in. But that's so far, that's so far away. I can't even think about.
Speaker 4: That right now.
Speaker 11: Correct, And after what happened to you on Sunday night getting two hours of sleep, you were in a fool choice for me once shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you type situation really were Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you never went through that experience, then you wouldn't have done it.
Speaker 6: But prett much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, it's like and everybody has their own thing with whatever you do for a living. But like I talked about on the show yesterday, we don't have margins. This wasn't a Hey, I had a bad time, but thank goodness I got a few days off.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You know, every single day there's a show ready to go that starts, you know, and before the sun comes up. So if you ever get to chasing it, unless you do what I did yesterday, See, I would have been like in the bed again late last night, sitting here doing this again now, waiting to try to get home again today. God knows what would happen today and then and then by the time you get home again today, you're trying to find a way to lay down, but you're back up again and it's and it's Wednesday, and you're doing another show and then you know there's the Wednesday Bible study and you just you're just chasing, you know, you're you're just chasing. And so so I had to stop that cycle. I mean, I'm sixty now, you got to be smart there.
Speaker 11: How close are you to like the actual beach, Virginia Beach, because wow, the boardwalk.
Speaker 1: I don't I really don't know that answer because it was picked up at the at the airport by super nice man that that works here for the for the university and the seven hundred club who brought us in and just took us straight to the founder's end. So I didn't see anything other than a sign that said beach.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, I'm looking it up right now.
Speaker 11: Because at Virginia Beach at the border, okay, you're twenty five minutes away, but at Virginia Beach, there is a gigantic Poseidon statue and it looks like you, Rick, it looks it's got the beard, it's got the beard, it's got the it's got the scowl.
Speaker 4: That's the look he had at Dallas.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, Rick, that look that looks like you. It's got pronounced, it's got everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, airport. Saw that look.
Speaker 6: Look at it something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny you said that because I don't know who that actor is that played Aquaman.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Every Yeah, everywhere I go, people think, are you Jason Momoa?
Speaker 9: It's very Jason Momoa. It's very Jason.
Speaker 4: I'm like, stop asking me that I'm not Jason Tattoos.
Speaker 8: People would really get people stop, I get that everywhere?
Speaker 2: All right, So we'll be right back hanging out at the Founder's End, Virginia Beach.
Speaker 1: It's another rick Bird you show. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 4: Hello America. I hope you're all doing well today.
Speaker 1: Man, Just thank you so much for hanging out with us. The Sounds of Sly and the Family Stone for those of you that are not watching on YouTube today, you know Sly in the Family Stone. It's just one of those bands so influential. They played such a role and influenced so many artists. They created a vibe of funk and groove that was uniquely their own. And how about this, Greg, I mean Speedy Adler. Sly Stone is dead.
Speaker 2: OPD got him?
Speaker 6: Yep it did you know?
Speaker 2: I put Sly in there with the Ohio players and I used I was really young and I loved that music. Yeah, right there in the same run, Rick who who Trivia? Who redid everyday? People remake Jone Jett. That's right, Jones Jet and the Black Hearts.
Speaker 8: He love when you ask a question you don't think we know you kind of can you kind of look up a little bit like what you got.
Speaker 2: Because I think we actually had that record really Yeah, Jone Jet's version.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always liked that song, and anybody who ever did a cover I liked it as well. Jone Jet's probably my favorite.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Sly you know Sly was he was an interesting cat and you must refer to him as a cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a cat, he was.
Speaker 8: He's definitely yeah smooth. So I didn't know this. He had been battling this for a while, OPD. Yeah, they said he struggled for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was watching there's documentary and I don't know what streaming service it's own, So that's not going to help people too much.
Speaker 4: Rick.
Speaker 1: But and it was about music of the seventies. I think it was. It's all about nineteen seventy one, and they talk about that's when you know music in Vietnam and all that kind of started, you know, music started getting you know, it was coming out of the sixties, but that there was a lot of music done about the Vietnam War and the protest and all that. And it starts going through all the different artists from seventy one, and they spend some time on when sly and the family Stone kind of came on the scene. And it was interesting. Now sly was he was. He was he had a little bit of prints to him, like he would just get off by himself and get all his little instruments around him and he would just create and and he was.
Speaker 4: He was unique.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about it. But so eighty two years old. Of course, for some reason, I don't think people like sly Stone turn eighty two.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I have that attitude.
Speaker 2: I still see him on the Don Kursion's Rock Concert in the seventies.
Speaker 11: That's on Apple TV Plus. It's called nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, look at you Adler nice. So that means speed. You won't see it because you'll have to pay for it.
Speaker 9: Okay, what I got that, I got it.
Speaker 1: You don't have. You have Apple Plus.
Speaker 4: He's got the trus I've got it.
Speaker 8: No, I've had Apple Plus for years, free trial gone, you're on the trial.
Speaker 4: I got Apple Plus.
Speaker 1: You know crazy by the way, how many people when you first looked down and saw the headline, and I'm guilty of this here from you know, the founders in Virginia Beach. When I first saw the headline when you sent me show Prep Speedy, I thought that sly Stone was dead.
Speaker 9: No, no, thank goodness.
Speaker 8: But you know you referenced Prince and Fox Fox Nation Text Nation is saying that he Prince came out and said he was heavily influenced by sly and the family Stone.
Speaker 6: Well, also not just Prince Rick.
Speaker 4: You can see it.
Speaker 2: You can hear the influence with Howard Akov Junior with late night Snack.
Speaker 6: You you definitely hear.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I got the video.
Speaker 2: Sent to me and I've been listening to it this morning, and you can hear the influence.
Speaker 4: Rick.
Speaker 1: You know how you got to stop with this midnight snack song? Greg?
Speaker 6: You just got late night snack?
Speaker 4: Yeah, late night. Uh you had midnight like yesterday, late late night. It's late night snack.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Sorry, Rick, Greg, you know how much we were going through pre show. Uh, and what do you think was battling me and you and talking and trying to cust to get stuff up out of his laptop. Came Late Night Snack and he wouldn't stop playing it. He and he at one point got up, tried to the dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah turn here, turn there, Yeah, dance step step.
Speaker 1: Of the day, Greg, yesterday, mister snack the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, I was wrong. It's late night Snack, Rick, I've only seen it one time. Cut me some cout me some slack. Yeah, yeah, I got Hey, guys, Howard co Jr. Late Night Snack, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Greg.
Speaker 1: Heavily influenced by Slot in the Family Stone. Yeah, did you ever was there ever side of you?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 1: On this kind of stuff where you always add I know you? This is a yes, you found yourself kind of wishing you'd been hipping up as a white dude for to be invited into the slide in the family Stone. Yes, that like you were in the band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would mix the white guy in there from now and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: But you can't any love, You can't just be any why though, No, I want you to looking just the way you are.
Speaker 1: So so now I find myself one to transition to the fact that Deon Sanders got health concerns. Since we're talking about health, but I was going to go to Los Angeles. I'm just now seeing this headline speeding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Dion, I don't know what what's up.
Speaker 2: You know, he lost his toes to oh, blood clouds last year or before. I can't remember. Mm hmm uh is it?
Speaker 6: Is it the same time?
Speaker 2: I haven't really saw the headline.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, his boys are kind of sending out some it's like some cryptic messaging or something when nobody's not really sure. They're not when he's going to not sure when he's going to return. But it just said from health concerns, and I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: M m.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're looking at this the headline, I mean, the actual story you sent me, Speedy. It says, as you said, unspecified health issues. Even as their annual slate of summer football camps got underway. You you said it, he's absent, but they're not saying anything other other than unspecified health issues. It seems like if it was just his feet again, they would just say that, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you would think, so, I know, that there was a lot of concern.
Speaker 8: The reason they started taking all that is the blood flow, all his toes and stuff. You know, a lot of that was documented on Coach Prime. That was on Amazon Prime. And and how the you know, the the rehab and how the trainers are helping and all that, and uh, he tries not to use it as an excuse, but he obviously has a limp and everything else. So you wonder if if that's gotten worse. But they're not saying so.
Speaker 2: Some are wondering if if it was the suffering from draft day trauma.
Speaker 4: Well thank you, Gregory Man's down, buddy.
Speaker 1: But looking to it, says, by the way, great, does anybody know about Dion Jr. Because he's the one that's commenting. The oldest son is Dion Junior? Is he the one that does all the video the video stuff stuff.
Speaker 2: I think got nothing did handle all their social media?
Speaker 8: And right one was the safety Uh one was the all I'm video, I'm documenting everything.
Speaker 4: He was really good at that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then Shador and then then I think that's all the boys, right and then I think the rest of.
Speaker 1: Their okay, So it must be Dion Junior because says he appeared on a YouTube live stream that sounds like you'd be the guy that.
Speaker 4: Does all that, right, Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 1: And from the Family of State in Canyon, Texas. Did you know that's where the family of State is?
Speaker 6: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: And he said his father was was in his room and feeling well, he'll tell you soon enough what he's going through or what he went through. That's according to Dion Jr. Oh wow, So I don't know what that. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 8: You know, his son, the safety you know, he was some somewhat overlooked at times because your door was such a standout. And I didn't he get a free agency deal or something and didn't it didn't I hear the Bucks were like really impressed with him, like he's doing it very well.
Speaker 4: I thought, So that's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess we can come back and hit a little more of this. But LA looks good.
Speaker 4: Hey, it looks great.
Speaker 1: This Los Angeles thing, guys, I mean, this is just turning weirder by the day. Now. The Marines are going to deploy to LA to help see if they can't quell some of this anti ice, the rioting that's going on, but speedy. You were telling me in the break that right now that like the left government, the Democrats of LA and of California, are trying to pull you. Does everybody remember back that Bob, Yeah, when we were just overwhelming a rack and he was acting like we weren't doing anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there was parachutes coming down in the background.
Speaker 1: That they're doing count And then I guess closer to home, they're doing the twenty twenty thing.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: There's nothing going on here. Why are you acting like something's going on with the Thing's fine?
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 8: Maxine Waters trying to to bust up in there too. It's just it's just all so strange, Rick. And And now more has come out about what originally was taking place the raid. It wasn't about that that specific raid wasn't about going in and getting the illegals. It had to do with a lot of u There was some some cartel action going on. It was a criminal investigation and they were going to get who they were after. That was the original, uh, you know scene that everybody's trying to claim is something else. But they came out yesterday, the White House did and said, no, let me tell you what we were actually doing. Uh, and uh, how you can defend some of these criminals, I have no idea, but they're trying. But yeah, the hey, there's nothing to see here. It's all peaceful and there's cars burning in the background.
Speaker 2: That's just kind of peaceful protest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So yeah, yeah Lorenes, Yeah, the Maraines, Yeah, you should them pulling in.
Speaker 11: Meanwhile, Gavin Newsom is suing Donald Trump. Is Hey, Gavin Newsom says this is a manufactured crisis. Trump is creating fear and terror and uh, it's illegal that he sent military into He can't send any he can't send the military into any state he wishes.
Speaker 9: So this is a step towards authoritarianism.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, and so yeah, get Newsom is actually suing Trump.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, Right, we'll be back more than Rick Bird's show coming up. Hanging there, We'll be right back. We're not done with the show. But apparently I am able to listen because I got myself on the air from here today with ze real help now trying to just not it's not.
Speaker 4: Just what happens.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 4: I bet you if y'all.
Speaker 1: Were gambling people, a lot of people lost money.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 8: When you sent me a text and said or the staff, hey, I'm about to attempt to sign in and lock in and get going. I thought you're gonna call me first and go, hey, now what do I do?
Speaker 4: And then when you just.
Speaker 8: Said, hey, check one, check, check check, I was like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: I pulled up on my phone case you're.
Speaker 4: Ready to go.
Speaker 8: Tom's already checked in, says you're sounding good. Just wanted to make sure everything was okay. I think he's even surprised.
Speaker 1: That's why is he pleased?
Speaker 8: He is He seems pleased through text. I mean, I don't know how I can know that, just he seems happy. He gave me a thumbs up, which I think that's happy. He said it was so easy even it cave men could do it.
Speaker 4: Thanks Greg.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, like, you know, you know, like we've you know, we're used to being on the road together and doing stuff and knowing this. You know, with this book tour, it's been you know, it's almost like Speedy has to hand me off to others, which I know that's not your favorite thing, Speedy. There's a bit of helplessness there. I will tell you that that Les Bradford being on the road with him is interesting.
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 1: Do you know he's an early riser, He's he's got his own quirks. Uh, I want I want you to know this. You know how we were sharing stories. I don't know that we've ever and he's not here right now. He's I think he'll be in here just in time for me to talk about what he did yesterday, which it's hilarious. But did you did you forget this speedy?
Speaker 4: Greg?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know if you're not. Did you know that at one time he was an aspiring actor?
Speaker 2: No recommens that. No, No, I knew he was doctor death on the football.
Speaker 4: We got that from his mom, from his mother.
Speaker 1: Did you know it one time that Les Bradford was like a child, like a child actor.
Speaker 6: Actor is one of them that was really into it.
Speaker 4: That's your favorite, Greg.
Speaker 1: He was kind of like a little Jason Bateman. Did you know this?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 6: No, give me some of his credits?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, listen, listen. There was a time when what I'm about to say to you guys, is I mean, like you're so unexpecting this. Now For those of you that don't know this, Les Bradford is part of the team at iron Hill Press uh and and and he along with Andy blanks And who has second hand embarrassment along with Speedy and boy Andy just had a tough one. We heard Andy's lady story.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, please.
Speaker 9: That I don't think so?
Speaker 12: Oh goodness, okay, So anyway, so anyway, the fact that actor makes it even better. I know Greg, So we're just casually, you know, making our way up here, and you know, we're we're talking to each other. And Less just felt like that he didn't want to send me to the uh you know, without having somebody drafted with me on this book.
Speaker 1: I think he thought I would get up and keep it up.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he was he was a no brainer to go with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, my goodness, Hey, Speedy, did I not flip the right switch with Greg on this one?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, You're so bad for Less. He can't still over here.
Speaker 1: You're so excited what I'm going to say next, You're not going.
Speaker 4: To believe, Okay.
Speaker 1: At one time, Les Bradford was flying to New York City, where his agent would take him out for auditions for commercials and movies and TV shows as a child actor like what he's like. And at one time for a summer he lived in New York City going to auditions all all summer as a child actor.
Speaker 4: What were just learning about you?
Speaker 2: I hate to I hate to point out the obvious. So you had a lot of exposure and really got after it. Evidently wasn't very good actor, I mean, because he did.
Speaker 1: Did you know that he also I'm kidd do you know what he became a teenager that he also went to Los Angeles and lived out there as well.
Speaker 6: How about that? No, I got to get some stories from that.
Speaker 9: So he's a failed child actor. I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Well, I let's call it.
Speaker 8: Maybe he had he found out their interests well and then decided to maybe not pursue that once.
Speaker 6: It became doctor death.
Speaker 1: Well, y'all about to feel real bad.
Speaker 4: Real bad. Not me, because I'm not on him like I was.
Speaker 6: Joke.
Speaker 4: Greg said he wasn't good.
Speaker 6: I was kidding.
Speaker 1: Apparently nothing that. I don't know what he you know, he did do some commercials, by the.
Speaker 6: Way, clap your hands.
Speaker 4: He did it.
Speaker 1: He did a commercial as a basketball player, I think for for Dick's Sporting Goods.
Speaker 9: I heard he was in the my Buddy commercial too.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 9: My body, he's the little boy.
Speaker 1: If you look at the little boy in my Buddy commercial, it is Less brave.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 2: He'll he'll protect them, but they are there's footage out there.
Speaker 4: I oh, I see there. He's trying so hard to find it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but he had he actually got offered a role when he was a teenager. And this is where y'all gonna feel bad. Unlike us, Okay, Less when he was young actually was devoted to his faith and he he actually could not sit right with the role. And it was going to be a pretty good role for him because he did get a piece about it and he and he turned it down. That probably would have been the step in the right direction for him, and he turned it down.
Speaker 4: Mmmmm, do you feel real bad?
Speaker 2: You may know him as Joe the Policeman and What's going Down episode and that's my mom.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry. Last he's not in the room. He can't defend himself nothing.
Speaker 1: Greg Gregan also Greg, he's made a bit of a bit of a shift in his career. He's now a singer songwriter and just released his new song Afternoon snack.
Speaker 6: So last we just having fun with you.
Speaker 1: It's such a tough ram.
Speaker 6: It's all right.
Speaker 1: But he was going to come down from my room. Probably not now we'll be right back Virginia Beach now. The rest of the guys are still back at Master Control.
Speaker 2: Uh but but I'm here going to be on the seven hundred Club coming up here in just a little walk.
Speaker 1: Uh, so f y on that check local listings. Of course I'll be I won't be on the show for the rest of it, which I'm leaving you with Speedy, Greg and Adler. Look, who knows what will happen. You'll have a blast with it, and Lord Willing, I'll be back tomorrow. But less Bradford has just made his way now down to this room here at the Founder's in Regent University, the home of the seven hundred Club. And and he's he was listening by the way.
Speaker 4: So Les was there? Was Was he really listening?
Speaker 1: Oh no, yes he was.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's hold on, let's see if I'm going to bring.
Speaker 3: Uh us Good morning Speedy.
Speaker 8: Hey buddy, I'm so sorry, man. It's nothing like being talked about and you can't defend yourself. Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: You know. I was just sitting down there in the room and I was thinking. I thought I was just having a good conversation with Rick yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like friends.
Speaker 3: Do you mean that's right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, see, I can relate.
Speaker 2: I can relate to this subject because I too was in a movie. You may have saw a Tangled Web, but I played Carjack victim. Plus I was in third grade. I was the defense attorney. We had February was on trial because it only had twenty eight days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've heard.
Speaker 6: I saw that, so I can relate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, less would you like to tell the guys who was in the movie that you turned the roll down because you're a commitment to the faith?
Speaker 3: Well that was That was another movie that I turned down Rick. But the movie that I was actually in was a movie with Ben and Jay. You may remember it as one of the worst movies ever made.
Speaker 4: By the way a minute, I think I remember this less red.
Speaker 3: Worst movie ever made called.
Speaker 9: G l Yes, Yes, what you were in that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What? What was your what was your character?
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever seen it, but I know they caught a lot of heat.
Speaker 6: They say, I've got terrible reviews.
Speaker 3: I think it was it was awful. Yes, you can't even say the name. I mean I went out and filmed for about two or three days with with Ben and j low in a scene that uh my, my character name was high school kid number four.
Speaker 13: Oh my goodness, number four, number four, number four, I remember that number four.
Speaker 1: Less.
Speaker 2: Did you ever get any roles as a child when you did The New York Summer and all that?
Speaker 3: No, no roles there. I attended the Erican Academy of Dramatic Arts and it that was That was the time where I realized, you know what, the theater is not for me. There's a lot of weird stuff as a kid, and so I left kind of the theater scene at that point, moved back home, played sports, and then after that moved.
Speaker 4: To La Yeah.
Speaker 2: Take that, Greg, that sounds good to me. That's when he became dark.
Speaker 1: What was the sporting good store? What was the sporting good that you did get a commercial as a basketball player?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a Nike commercial for Dick Sporting Youth.
Speaker 6: Oh back to the J Lowe and Ben movie. Did you make the final cut?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh yeah, yeah, he was high school kidding. Yeah, but a lot of times, you know, like when the product comes out of roles, sometimes it's cut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was in there, so, Greg, what you're talking about is, you know, you film for two or three days, everybody has their role, and then when they do the final at it, you know, sometimes you make it, sometimes you don't. For me, I made the final adit, but the speaking that I did was not in the final letter. But you'll see me in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, less Rick Rick.
Speaker 8: You can't see this, but Texas Nation just sent the cast for the movie he's talking about, and it has Less Bradford high school Kid number fours a screenshot of it that's almost as good as.
Speaker 11: I found Less Bradford's IMDb, and all it says is Less Bradford is known for Jigli.
Speaker 9: Two thousand and three, high.
Speaker 2: School Kid number four, number four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So let's at a young age. You just said that this is not for me. How do you end up doing? I mean, obviously you did Youth Ministry and still do Youth ministry, the YM three sixty, that's been what twenty plus years now, and then you you know, Ironhill Press was established really for us to start you know, Themanchurch dot com. You're doing more than that now and of course you have the men don't run in the rain. You guys are publics that. But what how did we transition from less Bradford child actor, less Bradford teen actor to where you are now?
Speaker 2: Number four?
Speaker 3: Number four? Well that's a great question, Rick, I mean we're sitting here about to go on CBN. Man, I guess all roads led to hear, didn't it? Yeah? You know, for me it was it was something yeah, seven hundred clubs, something I enjoyed doing as a kid. Wanted to go out and do the West coast thing, so did that. But man, I was always interested in business and where my fate intersected with that was you know, first job out of college was with a ministry in Birmingham, Alabama. That allowed me to work in a business position while doing ministry. And one thing led to another and started wining three sixty and then twenty eighteen linked up with you. We published our first devotion and here we are.
Speaker 8: Wow, make fun of that Gray something, Yeah, he will, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, we think it's a little boy. You were precious and that my buddy commercial you're in natural Uh, lest do you want to when did you learn the difference between the time zones in the East Coast and and and uh in the time zone in the Central Central time zone. When did you learn time zones?
Speaker 3: I don't white time zones. I've always struggled with them.
Speaker 1: Rick, Yes, you do.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of mess.
Speaker 4: Uh happened?
Speaker 1: You know what happened yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: So he stayed on Central?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So we we I was on the air and I must have said, and here's the good news, guys, I have good news about this show and what we do. People do listen. Yeah, sometimes I think they don't, and I wonder why they would, right, Okay, so yesterday we said over and over again, you can get a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. And the cutoff is five pm Central six pm Eastern. If I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, not that hard.
Speaker 1: We're in the lobby checking into the hotel and all of a sudden I hear from one Less Bradford. I let the sign thing go over a little bit. I need to cut that off, you know, so we be sure that we can get him out for Father's Day. And he cuts it off. Okay, We're there and I look over him and I said, you realize we're on the East coast. Now we're on Eastern time zone. No less, Bradford cut it off? How soon for the central times? For everybody? How soon did you get cut off?
Speaker 3: Tell us about thirty minutes early.
Speaker 1: Well, thirty minutes early because he thinks he thinks that he thinks that it is past five.
Speaker 8: He thinks he's going over thirty minutes when really he was short, and it he was short thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I said, you realize we've changed time zones.
Speaker 2: And people started like, we started getting emails and I started getting text to people going, hey, man, it's supposed to still be available.
Speaker 6: And that's what you get from last minute.
Speaker 3: I kid you not. It was one minute after we turned it off. Rick got a text, Hey, why can't I order the book? What's going on? And so we had to, you know, get checked in. I couldn't do anything about it at that point. I had to take my computer to dinner last night so that at the dinner table I could turn the book back on.
Speaker 8: And yeah, unless you know what it's saying, no good deed goes unpunished. So let me get this right by you volunteering to go on this trip just to make sure Rick, you know, make sure he's on schedule and everything goes.
Speaker 4: Well, he's found out about that you're you were a child actor.
Speaker 8: And you messed up on the signing. Then if you would have just stayed home, none of that would have happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then Rick wouldn't have any coffee to drink this morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good point for it.
Speaker 1: Here's what was shocking, and I think it shocked us both. Okay, that was that was kind of a funny thing, but we think how many people can that really affect?
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 1: It was a half hour. Yeah, how many orders came in when you turned it back on?
Speaker 3: Well, we had probably ten to twelve orders. One had ten books in it. One had a lady calling leaving a voicemail saying she couldn't get the book. So we turned it back on and guess what, I left it on for an hour after I was supposed to do after that, just to make up for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speedy, they have voicemails and iron Hill like like a woman going, well it's clearly I made it and now I can't find it and I don't know what I'm going to do. And she's all upset unless has to call her and turn it back. Course she waited the last minute, but yeah, what Greg, But it was under the time limit though, I get that now people need to get it in.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, on time, you're late.
Speaker 9: It's what I live by it on time you're late.
Speaker 4: Iave that way.
Speaker 6: Hey, guys, that's right, and day minutes to get it.
Speaker 1: I just told the guys, I've already told him. Have you not been impressed with how first class this operation is here?
Speaker 3: Though? Well, it's been great. They've been awesome to work with. I'm really looking forward to the show here in a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, Well where we got it on in the studio.
Speaker 1: Read Virginia beach uh and uh and having a blast. What a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: The weather looks looks good here in Virginia today. What a beautiful location.
Speaker 1: And we're I'll be here for you know, this segment of one more and then I'll start the process of getting ready to be on the seven hundred Club and I will hand you off to the guys.
Speaker 4: By the way, just found it.
Speaker 1: Also on the Breakless, Bradford was down to the final audition Greg for the movie Tom and Huck.
Speaker 4: Tom and huh.
Speaker 6: Was he gonna play Huck?
Speaker 4: Which one were you playing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You be Huck.
Speaker 1: Huh. He was playing the character Ben. Tom and Huck got down to the final audition and they flew some kid in from California because Les did not have screen experience a little less.
Speaker 4: He was what were you eleven? Twelve? And uh?
Speaker 1: And the guy said, you know, if you had a little more experience, this would be your role. But you know you we we're gonna be moving quick. We don't have time really for somebody we need to coach up. So they brought in the kid from California and broke a little less his heart. Oh it was. It was so close to being the key key rolling. Tom and Huck also left me one of.
Speaker 2: The things one of his friends.
Speaker 1: Greg, Okay, it's not gold. That was you know, Mark Twain, the.
Speaker 9: Book, Yeah, yeah, the movie the Kids Disney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of things. Doing a little little bit of housework. So seven hundred club, we're doing that now, you know we did. We did eventually cut off the signed option for men Don't Run in the Rain because we can't get them by Father's Day. If we would go on any longer. Even though you did get an extra thirty minutes from less because of his stapse on confusion. But the book, of course is readily available, so that's still there, and you can still get the book. It's still available, no problem there, we just can't do sign copies. Also, these podcasts, you know, we did another one yesterday. You know they some of them will drop a month from now, but I think a lot of them that we did back early, some of the bigger ones are going to be dropping this week, you know, like the Art of Manliness and Men in the Arena and that the other one and.
Speaker 4: Some of those.
Speaker 1: So look for those, matter of fact, the Art of Manliness, Manliness and it might be today, So just look around if you want to see those, just just kind of be aware of that. So and then we'll seven hundred Club. Just check your local listings. I'm scheduled to be on there between nine and ten Eastern time, so eight and nine Central, and then they do replays and delayed and all that. Just just look at your local listings and there should be multiple options. So looking around today. Though, before before I leave you guys, a couple of things we needed we need to hit on. So where where are we on Elon Musk versus Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: It said that they're starting to signal. The headline that we have here today, the story says that maybe the feud is softening. It is what what's going on with that?
Speaker 2: Did he did he tweet tweet trong x whatever you do.
Speaker 6: Didn't he put something out today? Positive?
Speaker 2: Yeah? A little bit so Trump?
Speaker 8: Yesterday he held he held a news conference, and boy, there's a lot in there. Uh, And we'll try to play some of that. But he was asked about is he if he was going to get rid of his tesla or not? And uh and then he was uh. He then he said he wished Elin the the best. He said he wasn't getting rid of his tesla or whatever. And ADL, I know you had something ready here. I'm not sure what this one he is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's asked do you plan to speak to elon anytime soon?
Speaker 4: Okay? Uh?
Speaker 9: And here's that answer.
Speaker 4: Him on the phone anytime soon?
Speaker 1: I know which one?
Speaker 4: Do you plan to speak to him on the phone anytime soon?
Speaker 14: I haven't really thought about it. Actually. I would imagine he wants to speak to me. I would think so if I were him, I'd want to speak to me. But and maybe he was already called. You'd have to ask him, ask him whether or not he's already called. But uh, I'd have no problem with it. Well, I don't want to say that, but you know, but I would imagine he'd want to talk to me, Chris.
Speaker 4: Uh. And he went on to say that he was not going to get rid of his tesla.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And he said he had many places, he just didn't know where it was going to be.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: And then he went on to say that he wished Elon nothing but the best or whatever. He seems to be playing kind of high road here and so, uh, I think Elon puts some emoji or something. I don't know that that indicated. Possibly they were signals.
Speaker 4: Of the feud softening. Maybe I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Elon did erase the tweet post whatever you want to call it, in which he said Trump was on the Epstein list.
Speaker 9: He did delete that tweet. Of course we all saw it, the whole world did.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't matter. Deleted that right, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was uh with this thing with emojis, and you know that I do, I personally do not believe that a straight man should ever send an emoji to another straight man. You know, that's my rule. And but but my confusion on the face emojis. I never can tell what the facial expression is.
Speaker 4: Tell my wife that all the time. Rick, I'm like, well, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: But okay, yeah, well some of them I can't really tell. Like I'm looking him like is this emoji around or his eyes or his eyes looking up? What does that mean? Are you upset with me? Are you am? I? Am I annoying you? What does that mean? You know how I would know? It would mean if you would just text me what you mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would help.
Speaker 4: That would would help, That would help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, okay, let me and if I could just say this, hey, fellas, if you're gonna emoji and you don't agree with me, that's fine. There's no man that should use praise hands. I'm just telling you, Okay. If women want to use praise hands, that's fine. But there should never be a man sending another man praise hands.
Speaker 10: That's belief.
Speaker 1: That's got to stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, today and I and I've received a few praise hands for some good news. Do not send me praise hands. Okay, Now that's not inner circle people, because they wouldn't been the inner circle if they were sending praise hands. I mean, hey, hey, we can't send praise hands to each other.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'd be willing to make that law.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Text Nation is doing nothing but sending emojis. Some of them are pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 1: That's your favorite one on you? Now, Now let me tell you this. Greg has never sent me in emoji, but if he did, he only has two that he uses, so they're very easy to understand. Yeah yeah, yeah, so so speedy. I know that you mojo the Dallas Stars, you know.
Speaker 4: And I don't think I did. I don't think I did. I just went to a game.
Speaker 1: All I did except they got beat and lost their coach. But there is one last night six to one, yeah, one to six.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that's not me though, So Dallas Stars did that?
Speaker 1: No, not you, but I think the Stars are out. This is the Panthers versus the Oilers, now think correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, the Panthers six to one in hockey is an absolute blower?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, big time?
Speaker 1: Does it surprise you after you saw Edmonton that that the Panthers are that good that they could beat them six to one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, you know, learning a little bit more about hockey. I'm sure this happens from time to time. The series was one one and then this happened. So now Florida is up to one. Uh so it's still a great, you know series. But yeah, quite the blowout though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I thought I would throw a little something out there for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Rick, And did you see that fortune?
Speaker 8: Murray State beat Duke and the Durham a super Regional, so now they're they're the last team to punch their ticket to the World Series. So now the field is complete. So congratulations to Murray Not exactly.
Speaker 1: I basically gave Speedy a green light.
Speaker 8: Updated on Bloody or buddy that was that was ten seconds. I don't even know if it was ten seconds, Rick.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't hear of Murray State making it to the series.
Speaker 8: It's the first time in program history they've made it to the World Series.
Speaker 4: It's a really big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of skate. Well, you know what I will care about. I tell you what, that coach at Murray State will defend his grounds crew. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 11: That's not what Murray State buddy Bill Murray State, I don't even know about state.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't he talk to Florida coach when I was Coastal Carolina. Coastal Carolina that gone.
Speaker 10: It was the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Once we figured the coffee thing out, now that was a problem one issue though, And if it had not been for a protein bar minute ago, I was about to get angry. Oh, we are struggling with food. We're having a bit of a food struggle.
Speaker 4: Okay, I quite.
Speaker 1: Figured that out yet, but I'm sure they're about to take care of that. And I need that green room I'm about to go to to have some food in it. Oh, I'm sure that will be.
Speaker 4: They'll offer you something before they start putting makeup on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven hundred clubs when they put that tissue around your collar. Yeah, last night would also like I'd also like to remind all of you because I got my hair just perfectly like I like it. And uh, and now I've set headphones on them. So if be looking for the big gap in the top of my head when I go on seven hundred club because I will have headphone hair.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, oh, yeah, well maybe you can kind of run some water through it or something.
Speaker 2: But on the way out.
Speaker 8: Now, look, I know on air the word challenge, we won't kind of go there. But if if maybe in the green room they have some snacks, you know, could you maybe look and go?
Speaker 2: Could I have some of these?
Speaker 4: No, what about some.
Speaker 8: Of those I'm talking about alp air, I'm just talking about in the green room. I'm talking about on airthing.
Speaker 1: Cy you think you think I'll ask the last and he worked it in the ministry of the seven hundred Club. Just be sure I just say it to them.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, just I mean, can I have something?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: If this are all?
Speaker 3: These?
Speaker 2: Are all these for us?
Speaker 6: Or okay, now I'm not doing that. I'm telling them about men though.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that either, I said before we go any further. No, I don't have Mendo samples.
Speaker 2: Right, well, okay, all right, so I got bar I think I have to go.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, yeah, you got to go. You supposed to twenty five minutes past the hours when you're supposed to be down there. We got you on in here. We won't be able to hear you, but I know you're going to do great. Well, look, I got to trust you, guys.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what this. I don't trust you not to get into trouble. I trust you to do a show that everyone will enjoy.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 11: Well, now we can finally talk about nineties hip hop and nine to eleven.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Spedia, that's for me.
Speaker 1: Thank you America, take care, take care of these guys, and Lord Willing, I'll be back with you tomorrow and you're ready to be on the seven hundred Club. Thanks for all of you with your response to men Don't Run in the Rain. It's been overwhelming and thank you for that and hopefully looking forward to spending some time with all of you back at Master Control tomorrow. Our thanks to the folks here for their hospitality. We've had a great time.
Speaker 4: Good time. Gang all up in the house.
Speaker 2: I'm speedy.
Speaker 8: There's Greg. There's Adler Rick on the Live seven hundred Club as he is in Virginia right now. You've heard him come from the hotel room with the less Bradford iron here press make it there making sure everything is working great. He should be getting make up on any second now and next hour. Uh somewhere floating in that hour, they can't give us a hard time. He will be on and so we can't wait to see that. Uh and then him be back Lord will and tomorrow kind of recap everything and so hey, you never know, this is the first time we've all been hanging out doing this, even though we've been on the air many years together. It's like Daddy has left the building and we're home alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was surprised that we made it through those segments with no technical problems. Everything yees sounded I think pretty decent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, I'm not bragging.
Speaker 11: That's kind question for when Rick is on seven hundred Club. I know we have that channel on the screens here on TV. Can we get audio from that TV?
Speaker 4: We cannot, Okay, now we cannot.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, if you turn it up and don't just do like a TV, I know it won't come through the board.
Speaker 4: I don't believe so, but maybe we can check with Ton.
Speaker 9: You mocking him?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, sposed to be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 8: You know, the first thing we're going to do when Daddy's left the building is we do on screen phone.
Speaker 2: I mean, right out of the gates. You actually invented it. Well, with the kick offile.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I would get nervous because you never know. Eight eight eight six Big Vox. That's eight eight eight six two four four eight six'. Nine we'll let those phones start. Ringing we'll go to.
Speaker 2: Them but, no you're. Right during the kickoff hour we started doing them live and Originated, yeah, kickoff everybody play. Nice you, know let's, listen let's not get. Crazy greg seems to think crazy is.
Speaker 4: Better and there is up.
Speaker 2: To a, point point up to a point and you have to keep dumping them in the you.
Speaker 9: Know, yeah that's if it is a dump button.
Speaker 4: WORKING i think So greg turned it.
Speaker 9: On, yeah you might have to take a dump right. Here let's do some.
Speaker 8: Colls, okay uh eight eight eight six two four forty eight sixty nine eight eight eight Six Big. Vox and speaking Of Big, vox The vox seats are open today at the top of the. Hour who do you think is in the group that didn't didn't hear the hype About rick not being, here and it's gonna be at that.
Speaker 1: Door so.
Speaker 4: DISAPPOINTED i.
Speaker 2: Know it's like the TIME i Saw kiss the last tour they had makeup AND i didn't know That Ace frehlely went in the band No more because we didn't have social, media then showed up at the Bat.
Speaker 6: Well, Yeah Vini vinson came. OUT i don't know who.
Speaker 1: Was you can't.
Speaker 6: Go it's gonna be.
Speaker 8: Similar since you're A burgess you have. One by the, Way, Yeah i'm gonna, say, Well rick's not, here but Here's.
Speaker 11: Greg it's just like WHEN i Saw lamb Of god and didn't Know Chris adler wasn't drumming.
Speaker 1: For him at the.
Speaker 6: Time you didn't know it until you got.
Speaker 9: THERE i didn't know it TILL i got.
Speaker 6: There, yeah it Was Art.
Speaker 9: CRUISE i was, like all, right he's, good but he's not the same.
Speaker 6: Name as, me that same name and can play.
Speaker 9: Well excited about, him it's.
Speaker 4: Fine unscreened phone calls three three four checking.
Speaker 8: In that's the area. Code that's kind of what we. Do welcome to The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show what's?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 5: HEY i just want to, say Since Papa bears has off to you, know do seven hundred club gobab be the first ever to spend The Wilson's he ain't, There oh do What?
Speaker 4: Greg greg, Says, No i'm so.
Speaker 2: Sorry the reason we go if we did if it wasn't a day that we had people coming to spend the wheel anyway.
Speaker 8: That AND i, MEAN i guess we could approved money giveaway and say you're, right but you know outside the Big vox seats today that would be In burgess.
Speaker 4: Ball that would be an extra which we didn't.
Speaker 8: Get i'm sure he would, say, yeah, man go, ahead that's WHAT i got him. Doing, Anywhow let's go to two five, six checking in what's up on? Screen unscreen phone, Calls Rick, burgers shall go, ahead.
Speaker 5: When mama and my daddy is, gone we go to the liquor?
Speaker 8: Cabinet, boys, Right, greg do we have one of those around?
Speaker 1: Here we don't have you hide.
Speaker 2: Away from us in my. Office there's That oh, yeah that gives.
Speaker 9: Somebody, Brother well you won't throw that away with seven in the, morning.
Speaker 6: Guys, no it's just for.
Speaker 4: Look, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 8: Not let's go to four o four unscreen phone. Calls you're live on the.
Speaker 9: Air go, ahead, hey morning, man this is.
Speaker 5: Time hey back in the, Time rick and the, DAYS i could have listened to the kickoff hour for five.
Speaker 3: Hours you guys were.
Speaker 4: Awesome well.
Speaker 5: You'll be, fine you guys will be fine today don't even worry about.
Speaker 4: It Thanks. Tom that's the day wer right?
Speaker 6: There oh, yeah it's been around as wrong As.
Speaker 4: Let's go to that's just make.
Speaker 8: Time, hey he's Not. Larry let's go to four seven eight four seven eight checking.
Speaker 1: In what's up?
Speaker 15: Speedy, Hey, Larry karen had to present ask.
Speaker 16: You you, know he wants to know exactly when you're coming over so she can get the roasted to get you can get your roast a day aheaded.
Speaker 8: Hide, Right, well you know that's a great. Question, larry AND i do have your. Cell i'll call. You uh we get we need to discuss, this uh while that calendars are crazy When, larry but uh but we got to get over.
Speaker 4: To, you my, Man so tell HER i will. DO i will promise her.
Speaker 8: This we will not do a last, second last Minute we're coming. Tomorrow we'll give you guys a couple of days heads.
Speaker 4: Up is that? Okay but she must.
Speaker 15: To get some groceres before you guys get.
Speaker 9: Here, yeah it'll be sometime this. Year it won't be this.
Speaker 4: Week oh you went year? Year? Okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah uh well we Got june teenth coming. UP i Know larry's a Big june, teenth.
Speaker 4: Right we have.
Speaker 8: That, Okay, Well Ry, larry we'll give you guys at least a week or two heads, up But i'll be in. Touch and thank y'all so much for offering up to. Hostess this is gonna be.
Speaker 15: Fun everything is all set up and we are ready for you guys to come.
Speaker 4: Over oh well that's. Great, yeah this is. Fine we're. Excited thank.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: Larry, there he is right. There karen wants to.
Speaker 8: Know she Wants, yeah did you know that she's From, Murphysboro?
Speaker 2: Tennessee?
Speaker 8: Really, Yes brian with our affiliate there that we've been talking about a lot with The zebra and all. That he said they actually called him and reached out and said that she was from.
Speaker 4: There, really uh. Huh he's been.
Speaker 8: Interacting with him a little, bit And larry's From. ALASKA i, think SO i know that's where you moved. From he, likes let's go to six six two over To. Mississippi what's?
Speaker 5: Up oh, YEAH i think all guys doing a great.
Speaker 2: JOB a great guy While rich gone just a little a piece of eyes For.
Speaker 3: Speedy he's.
Speaker 9: Awesome but don't be a Mic, hall y'all take.
Speaker 4: It, dude don't be a Mall.
Speaker 9: Hall mike, Halled oh.
Speaker 4: WELL i. DON'T i don't think we we.
Speaker 9: Are hogging The Mike.
Speaker 4: Speedy is that what we do still when we hang up on?
Speaker 10: Him clearly.
Speaker 6: HOGGING i don't know how to.
Speaker 2: Do we just bring out a break and someone must take the league and the driver.
Speaker 9: For, me that's a thing that you all. Say they all play WHEN i, Talk but we just rudely played by the way.
Speaker 8: Rudely let's go to six one five up In. Tennessee what's? UP i screen phone?
Speaker 5: Calls come, on, Hey, greg this Is. Flip how are you coming?
Speaker 4: Along?
Speaker 6: Good flip got a song for?
Speaker 4: Him you sing?
Speaker 6: Today?
Speaker 5: Clip, no, No i'm not singing. Today rick hurt my. Feelings oh, no he's not. There that's.
Speaker 6: True you did sound. GOOD i thought better Than george.
Speaker 5: Straight, HEY i got a question for, You, greg and speak of this is kind of about.
Speaker 4: YOU i can't.
Speaker 2: Talk i'm, Sorry i'm.
Speaker 5: Kidding is it? True the is it? True the? Talk i'm hearing that you're leaving the show and going To clay And? Buck is that? Wrong?
Speaker 6: Rumor has?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 6: Flip, well that is another one Has And i'm.
Speaker 9: Going to The Caller daddy.
Speaker 2: Podcast i'm gonna BE i love The hustle. Show all thought it was a dil junior.
Speaker 4: Download oh well that'd be even.
Speaker 9: Better i'm, joining we're gonna hang.
Speaker 2: Out i'm going With i'm coming, Dark i'm gonna be hanging with D, J Maestro.
Speaker 4: Doctor and it was not the midnight. Snack it was the late, night late night.
Speaker 6: SNACK i was.
Speaker 2: Wrong you had it.
Speaker 8: Wrong somebody send it to. You and that's all you've been playing off. Air, yes great song it. Is it is all, right so we'll go to. Break we'll come right. Back thank you so much on screen phone calls that went, okay that's all.
Speaker 2: Good we are.
Speaker 8: Rickless he is going to be on the seven Hundred. Club so check your local listings see if your cable, company satellite, provider, whatever if they offer that. Up he should be on their live next hour at some. Point but if, not we'll recap and. Everything but He's lord, willing will be back with us. Tomorrow we'll be right.
Speaker 4: Back don't go.
Speaker 8: Anywhere twenty five Am central, time nine twenty five Am eastern. Time if that is something that you want to try to, find just search for the Cable news network in your local. Listings whatever your provider is and you should be able to find. It trying to kind of fly cover here. Too we were sent some gold videos during the, break we were Sent Less bradford with iron heel press is there to kind of make sure everything works. Well and behind the, scenes they're in the green room hanging out getting ready for uh the.
Speaker 2: Interview and we talked.
Speaker 8: About the fact that on their time sheet here on the timeline it literally says staff will put makeup.
Speaker 4: On rick and we saw.
Speaker 8: It less snuck some video and we'll kind of try to narrate this because he's not really, talking but it looks like it starts with them in the.
Speaker 9: Hall this set.
Speaker 4: Up, yes the setup is really.
Speaker 9: Nice, wow set is. Amazing look how big and professional that.
Speaker 4: Is man not really, Scarediness, no it's really.
Speaker 9: Not There's rick in the.
Speaker 8: Chair he's in a chair like he's getting his hand and he's gotten plastic on. Him, yep he's got plastics that didn't get on his. Shirt you, know it looks like she might be putting him to. Sleep she's rubbing his. Hand, no she's getting his hair just like he likes. It and let's snug some video of.
Speaker 9: That how about that's a really nice cool.
Speaker 6: Set, yeah, yes, Okay.
Speaker 9: Heyboddy if you're the, buddy you're the.
Speaker 4: Buddy off in the, distance you can see the.
Speaker 8: Studio uh and in the green room in the little man.
Speaker 4: Chair uh and uh wow is he sitting on a?
Speaker 5: Box?
Speaker 8: No, No and he's sitting in a. Barn and she's got some looks like hair gel out and maybe even hairsping a little on.
Speaker 4: Him maybe had did your dad ever wear? Hairspray you?
Speaker 11: THINK i don't think, so Little, BRONZER i, SEE i don't know what if they sprayed him up like Like, trump and they just put like the little eye shades, on then they just spray them up and then he comes out looking Like, trump that'd be.
Speaker 9: Great i'd be.
Speaker 8: Good, so, UH i guess maybe thirty minutes from, now give it take a few, minutes that's when he's going to be. Live and so we'll try to jip it if we. Can if, not we'll try to just capture it and then play it.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah it work. Tomorrow oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah maybe you can't tell a lot of people GOING i need something for this bald.
Speaker 4: Head it's it's a, glare but it just is what it.
Speaker 2: Is i'm, sorry, yeah, SORRY i.
Speaker 9: Mean it'll catch a. Glare, yeah you, know but that's.
Speaker 4: FINE i don't know what to. Do you got lights shining right down on my.
Speaker 2: Head of, course my grandpa's make cracks about mine all the.
Speaker 6: Time all the.
Speaker 2: Time they won't hush about. YOU i think it's the funniest thing in the.
Speaker 8: World is here something about a little kid's delivery when they get on.
Speaker 6: You it is.
Speaker 8: Funny i'm, like, Man, reriver my hair is messed, up you, know A misissippi To mississippi pops your.
Speaker 2: Bald terry just gets to.
Speaker 4: Laugh and then they, now the boy's got him talking about my. Legs he don't, know he's.
Speaker 6: Four, no they start, young.
Speaker 8: They, do they, do and he'll live and get on On tyler's, dad he'll he'll he'll say something about him and his. Haircut se they taught him that.
Speaker 9: The little kid your legs look, Huge, yes, yes even.
Speaker 8: Mine but somebody little kid delivery when they're having fun with, You.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're actually making fun of they. Are, yeah they are.
Speaker 4: Fine boy of my kids make a ball TAKE i made fun Of, yeah.
Speaker 2: Mine took LIKE i, say the pomp pom at the ball game and put it on my head and covered the ball spot up and, said, hey that's batter.
Speaker 4: Pop sometimes they'll check in, me check in with. Me, Hey, baldy what's?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 4: Hey can you play Golf? Friday? Right, so Hey, baldy that's how you ask where a?
Speaker 3: Hat?
Speaker 4: Yeah uh.
Speaker 8: So, anyway so there's an. Update less is sending more as we are live right.
Speaker 2: Now less number four hit Movie giggly J.
Speaker 8: Lo my dad quickly told me how much he loves the seven Hundred club and they've been partners of the seven Hundred club for almost twenty.
Speaker 6: Years how about?
Speaker 8: That so you don't think they'll be dialed? In they can't wait That rick's on.
Speaker 6: There maybe he's been a, memory that's what he.
Speaker 8: Said he, Said, hey you might not know, this but you mom AND i have been partners for the seven Hundred club for all for the last twenty, years.
Speaker 2: It says He how about?
Speaker 4: That just thought i'll let you know you're sounding. Great he'll on and now rix.
Speaker 8: On, yep that's why he is not here live and so we'll get through. It we're just a segment away here from the vox seats filling. Up, uh there'll be some disappointed faces That rick's not, here but we'll hopefully get through.
Speaker 2: It we've been we've.
Speaker 8: We kind of we skim the surface a little bit of what's happening IN. La we'll try to maybe hit that some there's some there's some scenes that you just won't. Believe and then the politicians saying there's nothing going on. All it really does sound like Bag Day bob whenever he was saying that there's nothing going on here.
Speaker 2: And the car completely, burning, yeah completely, burning, engulfed.
Speaker 11: And it's it's like what naked gun when the building is, Exploding, yeah and not move.
Speaker 9: On people's nothing to see.
Speaker 8: Fireworks he's got the bullhorn.
Speaker 6: Nothing those movies as much AS i.
Speaker 9: Did, YES i Love Lapstick. City it's great to bring it. Back we talked about that.
Speaker 6: When he got on the.
Speaker 2: Field his Umpire god start moonwalkingnniest.
Speaker 8: Thing but for some, Reason i'll get To i'm dying Laughing and you've brought this up About.
Speaker 4: LISA i don't know If aaron's the same. Life she's not laughing at, All, like how do you not know that this is?
Speaker 2: FUNNY i know she.
Speaker 6: Doesn't what's wrong with?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: YEAH i mean this is.
Speaker 2: Hilarious why are you not? Laughing rolling the floor like gra when he turned the starts moon, right.
Speaker 6: Spired up crowds, hollering.
Speaker 4: We FORGET O. J simpsons in.
Speaker 6: That, yes he. Played, YEAH i didn't have much of a. Rope he was in, it by the.
Speaker 11: Way, okay so The Old Naked gun Starred Leslie. Nielsen the new one is going to Start Liam. Neeson, really, YES i take that ro taking? Guy, yes, yes, Guy, YES i don't know about.
Speaker 4: That we.
Speaker 11: Watched we watched part of the, trailer AND i think in my work he's just going straight serious, yeah like, delivery but insane, lines you, know.
Speaker 4: Yeah but straight. Face that's. FUNNY i, mean it's not gonna be A taken.
Speaker 8: Movie, boy they'll come out With. Taken how many times they taken that? Girl my, goodness to stay at that?
Speaker 11: Family poor, Family hey watch your, kids you, know after getting taken, twice that's probably.
Speaker 2: Enough the odds of her getting kidnapped as much as she has not very.
Speaker 8: High but, YEAH i was able to watch. It y'all CLAIMED i didn't Have Apple plus AND i, do, uh and that they'll come out with some original program and they all do, this you, know so they're not anything.
Speaker 4: Special but this golf show is it?
Speaker 8: Stick is that what it's. CALLED i think it's it's really. Good the first three episodes have come out and it's.
Speaker 4: Got old pal in.
Speaker 2: It what's His Owen.
Speaker 8: Wilson, yes and he's a he's a washed UP pga pro that had to come apart during one of his rounds and lost it and it kind of ruined his. Career but he was on The Ryder cup and he was, all you, know he's won all these, things but now he's well past his prime and now he teaches golf lessons and he came across.
Speaker 6: This kid like Ten.
Speaker 8: Cup, yeah he came across this kid hitting. Uh and it's not what you would think when it comes to a, golfer but he. Can he's just a phenom and he's kind of taken Him and.
Speaker 9: Wait, wait why is he what You we wouldn't, think.
Speaker 8: Well BECAUSE i mean the guy the way he's the, kid he's not out there no well and, no he's just you, know he's not out there and golf attire or. Whatever he's he's a kid that works in the back of a convenience. Story he's just not you wouldn't looking down you wouldn't go all now it's a. Golfer but all of a sudden he hits one and he's, like what in the. World and he goes down and starts investigating and finding out a little bit about the kid and the mom and his. Cat he's one of his best friends that from back with his. Mom not well now they but they get into R v and here they. Go he's talked them into UH. V Now i'm seeing if he can't make it big time AND i don't, know it looks, promising And i've seen some emails from some of you claiming it looks promising as.
Speaker 4: Well but we'll.
Speaker 2: See i'm waiting for A Happy gilmore. Too it's coming.
Speaker 4: Out, yeah, Yeah i'm waiting on you cannot.
Speaker 6: Wait, OH i can't.
Speaker 2: WAIT i love the first, one which means it's on the suck right you.
Speaker 11: Know, yeah by the, WAY i, Heard Happy gilmore sucks at, golf just like This Owen Owen wilson character in the new. One he's, like he lost his ability to play golf, somehow so he's got to get it back to back where he.
Speaker 9: Was, yeah.
Speaker 10: This is The Rick burgess.
Speaker 8: Show adler has figured out how to capture it live and so we'll try to go to that if we can and it present it's. Itself but you say you think you got it.
Speaker 11: RIGHT i am on THE cbn, website that's, right And i'm on the live tab and it says now playing the seven Hundred.
Speaker 10: Club let's.
Speaker 11: Go SO i don't know what if What i'm watching is the, newest most fresh, episode but that's WHAT i can.
Speaker 9: Find and you guys can see you.
Speaker 11: Here they're doing kind of like a new segment here to talk to start it, out AND i hope What i'm seeing is going to be the episode That rick will be then featured.
Speaker 8: On shortly awesome we're getting AS i, speak And i'm trying to get it over to. You sure more more video, here let me get this to. You more video coming in with From Less bradford With Ironhill, press who is With rick and they're in the green room and looks Like rick is fired up and, ready sitting on the couch and so whenever you get, that let me, know well with everybody'll sneak. Peek he's got his makeup on his hair just like he likes, yea and he is ready to. Go as we have the rest of the show without. Him some of the box eats have come. In we're waiting on some, others AND i got some good news in the. Break did you hear what's?
Speaker 2: COMING i?
Speaker 8: DID i cannot. WAIT i cannot. Wait, oh we got some food.
Speaker 4: Coming my friend deal and we'll share. It don't worry about, it.
Speaker 8: Everybody greg gets in there once or twice and then starts to, share and we'll.
Speaker 9: Actually get some Because rick's not here to hog it.
Speaker 11: On the amount of extra coffee is astounding when when Either burgess brother is not, here it's just like we're just swimming in extra.
Speaker 6: Coffee i'll drink some.
Speaker 11: Coffee, yeah you guys will put it. Away, yeah it's concerning almost.
Speaker 8: Right so there you. Go did you get the video? Yet did it come through on your? Email check it? Out if your? Video, yeah there we. Go all, right let's see what happens. Here it Shows rick sitting on the couch in the green. Room, okay unless sends us this behind behind the. Curtains look, HERE.
Speaker 9: I got to kill my udio on The looko. Club all, right there we, go music, Too hold.
Speaker 4: On you're, okay but a lot of.
Speaker 1: Going see how you do?
Speaker 4: It. Real you, know Here's greg just sniffing working on.
Speaker 2: Food, yeah you're talking about.
Speaker 4: All, right here we.
Speaker 9: GO i think this should.
Speaker 6: Just foret it on the.
Speaker 3: Couch all, right here we, Are, grood you've been through, makeup tell us about?
Speaker 2: It, WELL i mean all she could talk about was how beautiful my skin and hair, was and think about how much skin and hair she's, seen so it was you, know it gave me a little more. Confidence you know THAT i don't. SHINE i wish we had her on our show so she could Get speedy's head kind of telling it that little bit what.
Speaker 4: Everybody thinks about my.
Speaker 9: Head she could work with.
Speaker 2: IT i think she could work With speedy's. HEAD i, mean you, know she'd have to wear sunglasses getting, started but she once Once larry got off of.
Speaker 6: IT i think it'd be. Great you're, Ready i'm, ready let's.
Speaker 8: Go thank, You, les appreciate. That didn't know you're gonna talking about my. Forehead that's big fan and. Bald, guys she worked.
Speaker 2: Overtime that's pretty big. Face get after.
Speaker 9: She's going over on the. Makeup that face.
Speaker 8: Audio video there behind in the green, room ready to.
Speaker 4: Go he's fired. Up he should be about.
Speaker 8: Fifteen minutes away from that episode run, Down so we'll see if we can't get.
Speaker 9: It in seven Hundred.
Speaker 11: CLUB a lot of people don't know it's called seven hundred club because that's the average age of the person that's.
Speaker 8: Watching shout out to my parents who have been members there for twenty, years, uh and send a text saying they're excited about. It, sorry, yeah sorry. DAD i know you can't, see but you can. Hear and you just Heard adler that's just a. JOKE i don't think he's, right BUT i. Know and is it wrong THAT i don't know what it?
Speaker 6: Means what does it?
Speaker 4: MEAN i don't.
Speaker 6: Know i'm sure he looked that up for you.
Speaker 9: ALL i should have SEVEN.
Speaker 6: I thought you might.
Speaker 4: KNOW i don't Need i'm sure my dad will text any.
Speaker 9: Second, okay it's a seven hundred.
Speaker 11: Club It it got its name from an original fundraising. Goal Pat robertson in nineteen seventy three needed seven hundred dollars a month to operate his, ministry, oh so he asked for viewers to pledge ten dollars a, month aiming for seven hundred.
Speaker 9: Pledges.
Speaker 11: Uh the program was later called the seven Hundred club to honor these initial seven hundred.
Speaker 4: Donors so make fun of, That, Greg so make.
Speaker 9: Fun of that and make fun of The.
Speaker 2: Bible, ahead go, Ahead. Bud i'm just telling YOU i didn't. KNOW i didn't acd LIKE i knew you, well like you. DO i didn't act LIKE i.
Speaker 4: KNEW i SAID i didn't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i mean your parents have been, Members, well you ought to know a little. Bit and making fun that music story you had and you can't even play an. INSTRUMENT i never made sense.
Speaker 8: Something, WELL i mean you can own a store and not play. Them, yeah you could have. LEARNED i could.
Speaker 4: Have my mom taught piano from how about that right there in front of? IT i learned we we three.
Speaker 2: Kings i'd like see you play that in here with forgot and everything.
Speaker 8: ELSE i really hate THAT i can't play the. Piano, yeah that you missed. That i'd like for it to be for some. Reason i've got us around dinner, Time terry sitting over on the couch And i'm playing the piano For she's, like.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh look at, that so, relaxed so, fine. Honey, yeah.
Speaker 8: OKAY i got an, urgent urgent message For adler nationwide recall issued for millions.
Speaker 4: Of eggs that could kill you if.
Speaker 2: Eaten that goes back to the way you like your yolk running Yep.
Speaker 8: Si nearly two million eggs are being recalled over fears they could be contaminated into potentially deadly. Pathogens THE fda revealed a recall of one point seven million, brown cage free and certified organic eggs this week that have already sickened seventy nine people and hospitalized twenty.
Speaker 2: One but if you'll cook, on it'll kill.
Speaker 8: It it is sold by A california based august egg. Company the eggs reportedly have been contaminated With salm salmon ala thank, you a bacteria that kills about four hundred and Twenty americans every.
Speaker 1: Year didn't know.
Speaker 2: THAT i didn't know that.
Speaker 8: Either they were sold Between february twenty ninth And may seventeenth across seven, States so listen Up, California, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Nebraska kentucky And New. Jersey and so the customers are advised to throw out the recalled eggs and return them to the seller for a full. REFUND a total of twenty nine branded egg packages were, recalled and to see simple, Truth sun harvest to name a.
Speaker 2: Few so check that out wherever you get your.
Speaker 8: Eggs how about this headline will get. You it's a recall and could kill, you not hey and make you. SICK i could kill.
Speaker 6: You yeah, yeah peo.
Speaker 11: Bismo speaking of, EGGS i got two things on. Eggs we were talking earlier About Dion, sanders Coach, prime having some.
Speaker 9: Health, issues SO i was going TO i was going to check and.
Speaker 11: See, well they didn't specify what his health problems, were BUT i went to social media to see if he had posted.
Speaker 9: Anything about his.
Speaker 11: Illness, yeah he did not have anything posted about his, illness but he did have this picture fresh eggs from The sanders. Chickens Deon sanders has. Chickens y'all know.
Speaker 9: THAT i didn't know. That look at. That they look good to.
Speaker 4: Me, yeah they're.
Speaker 9: Brown SO i NEED i need. CHICKENS i need to start.
Speaker 2: Having so you're saying he's got Salmonel.
Speaker 11: And then number, two speaking of speaking of, eggs somebody from the live studio audience brought us these last, week pickled quail, eggs pickled.
Speaker 2: To eat them.
Speaker 11: Live so if we get, hungry, everybody just let me know you one of These, okay.
Speaker 2: Look at them little.
Speaker 11: EGGS i Think i've had coil, eggs but it was in like a ramen soup at like An asian. Place will you will? YOU i was like in The wuhan market and they handed me some.
Speaker 9: SOUP i was, like, oh this looks.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, greg you've Warrened.
Speaker 8: Adler it says here officials warned that cooking eggs sonny side up is. Risky that's it saying that at the top of the egg not being enough to kill the. Bacteria you know.
Speaker 11: What it's, risky but it's also. Delicious like many things in, life it's, risky but it's it's worth.
Speaker 2: It it's WORTH i. Disagree, hmm, man it's.
Speaker 9: Good i'll put it.
Speaker 2: On a, burger, okay salmonella.
Speaker 4: Anything, Yeah i'll eat them sunnyside up every.
Speaker 2: Night, yes calm, DOWN i do every now and.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 8: Uh but, So, adler will you agree to eating the at least one of the quil eggs before the end of the live?
Speaker 4: SHOW i will If greg will dip it out of that.
Speaker 2: Jar with a spoon and eat.
Speaker 9: It oh, yeah they look like A look.
Speaker 6: What's that in there with?
Speaker 11: THEM i think it's some, well they're pickled with looks like some carrots and.
Speaker 9: Onions and you know how they'll. DO i don't want to they look like a, nut like a pecan or.
Speaker 4: Something, okay thank, you, buddy appreciate.
Speaker 8: That all, right we'll take a. Break we'll be right. Back will we Catch rick live on the seven Hundred club next, break our next. Segment don't go anywhere we'll find out.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 8: Right so all, right we're rolling on and we thank you for being with. Us we're about maybe a minute and a half from trying to catch this interview live on The severed seven Hundred. Club as we welcome everybody, in we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: A number of different.
Speaker 8: Things As greg opens up the vox seat door and we grab all the stuff and, there's oh my, gracious look at the bag of. Stuff, Greg we have Lost Greg, austin whereabouts.
Speaker 4: Is in the.
Speaker 9: House, hey, now that guy looks like he can cook some. Barbecue, yeah but, sir.
Speaker 8: If you want to find, more we don't endorse, him but we are going to.
Speaker 4: Talk about it because we forgot about.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 8: YEAH i apologize to the sales, team but it's just, hey he's bringing us some. Stuff you can search him On Facebook austin whereabouts and see whereabout he?
Speaker 11: Is if you're going to bring us to lots of, barbecue will probably we are controllably talking about.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 11: Yeah, hey by the, way, okay So i'm looking at what you're trying to see AS cbn on YOUR.
Speaker 9: TV i think that's.
Speaker 2: WRONG i think that's.
Speaker 4: OKAY i think it is because.
Speaker 11: WHAT i have here is the seven Hundred club, guy like the New Pat. Robertson oh that's you. Know SO i hope WE'RE i hope we're.
Speaker 9: About to See rick live on seven Hundred clubs this feat, here but we'll. SEE i don't, Know i'm watching.
Speaker 6: It i'm, okay that's.
Speaker 8: Awesome, well we'll see if we can't do that should be about thirty to forty seconds. Away so really tough to kind of get into too much of anything because we might have to stop and then and then go to catching. That BUT i saw a number of different things that we can. Hit we brought up the The Durham Super Regional Murray state in. Baseball they Beat duke last night in a back and forth game but held on for the first time in program. History they're going To omaha for The College World. Series that is so cool just to see all that excitement and the and who they had to, BEAT i, mean going Through Old miss and then and then and then That Super regional was really. Impressive and so congratulations to the, coaches uh and the and the the players for for pulling that. Off but so now The World series is. Set uh it's tough, too as TWO sec teams are in. It and how about this they face each. Other uh it's gonna be l S u In. Arkansas they have to play each. Other see who comes out of. That but we'll see and, uh we'll bring that to. YOU a lot of the the action From omaha is it cranks up here in a couple of, days and that's always the best time of the.
Speaker 4: YEAR i Know helms had said, that he, went that's Something i've never.
Speaker 8: Done but for those of you that love, baseball they say that is a bucket list there is to go to To omaha and just see that and the atmosphere and the teams and, uh it just it's just really. Cool and so if you're a baseball, FAN i know this is a big time of year for.
Speaker 4: You all, Right so we're.
Speaker 8: Gonna we're gonna go to uh to. Jipping this here a courtesy of the seven Hundred.
Speaker 4: CLUB i think this is. Okay i've got you up and you're.
Speaker 9: Ready Here Rick rick's on seven Hundred, Club New.
Speaker 17: York times best selling author and host Of The Rick Burgess. Show he joins Us live to talk about his legendary father who make him the man he is.
Speaker 11: Today rick clubs right after, this, okay right after, This, okay coaches on seven hundred, club coaches on seven hundred.
Speaker 9: Club it just.
Speaker 8: Happened that is so my dad is screaming right. Now is that he's so.
Speaker 11: Pumped i'm ABOUT i need Some. Jareditol it's kind of neat that seven hundred. Club seven hundred club got me just. NOW i Need jareditol AND i need Some porter salve on my.
Speaker 8: Skin all, Right so behind the scenes, here the photos and the videos that they requested just for this seven minute segment was over the.
Speaker 4: Top and NOW i see why.
Speaker 9: They just blasted through a dozen.
Speaker 11: Pictures, yeah they showed your face on seven hundred, Clubs, Spetie, huh they showed your.
Speaker 9: Face they showed our group. Photo oh did that's WHAT i? Said i'm on seven hundred.
Speaker 4: CLUB i was, like well they jipping?
Speaker 9: Us, no, okay, yes, yes they showed the staff.
Speaker 11: Photo of course it's the ONE i look LIKE i have like mental problems your. Boot, yes Like i'm some weird step child that y'all let come in because you, know it's like to make a wish type. Situation but that's. Fine you were just on seven hundred, club, Brother, yeah how about?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 9: Right it's more about us than it is.
Speaker 8: About it is it is and AND i Told greg to let In austin?
Speaker 4: Whereabouts come on and tell him to leave and start.
Speaker 9: Eating my, Gosh, Greg, greg you were just on seven hundred.
Speaker 8: Club in the door and sit back, DOWN i, mean good, Gracious, greg you.
Speaker 9: Were just on seven hundred. Club your face was just on seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Club buddy man had to go to the. Bathroom well he's, grown uh but, hey wait about the bathroom around? Here it's a long way. Away, yeah, yeah off the. Trail so, Hey, bud how you?
Speaker 2: Doing?
Speaker 4: Hey they just Showed rick and your dad on the seven hundred.
Speaker 8: Club they teased the segment coming up and we're all we're losing our.
Speaker 9: Minds and they showed the staff.
Speaker 11: Photo, greg your face was on seven hundred club just, now how about? That, yeah this is more about us now than it is About.
Speaker 5: Rick that's.
Speaker 8: True, Yeah, yeah that's awesome that you figured that one, Out. Adler so it looks, like if we're just being straight, up it looks like we're gonna miss, this you, know as we go to. Break but we'll try to get to it next. Segment they're, Back he's they're.
Speaker 9: Back he's coming back. Now BUT i mean what we should pause?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah let's get let's give it thirty seconds.
Speaker 17: Football for thirty. Years during that, time he had a way of passing on his personality to everyone on the, team including his own.
Speaker 7: Son Rick burgess is A New York times best selling author and nationally syndicated radio Hoster The Rick Burgess. Show his, Father Bill, burgess was a sports icon and championship winning head coach For Jacksonville state In. Alabama In rick's, Book Men Don't run in The, rain he shares the lessons he learned from his, father and how is dad's coaching philosophy shaped his own faith and.
Speaker 4: Values oh, man We're paul's it? There what a great set.
Speaker 8: Up New York Times, Yes New York times, bestseller, author, AUTHOR Cbn network is what we were playing. There so thank you TO cbn and the seven Hundred. Club as we play that audio video when we come. Back that's quite the setup and hopefully they then go to a shot Of rick sitting there with his makeup on and his hair just like.
Speaker 4: It we cannot, wait don't go.
Speaker 8: Anywhere rick is not with us this hour or next. Hour he was with us earlier in the show from his hotel room because he is on the seven Hundred club literally right now as we. Speak as we went to, break we were trying to catch it live and a heartbreak caught. Us as we went to, break they had this really cool intro where their voice guy intros that has been edited together is showing pictures Of rick of The Rick Bird show the staff of your Dad, greg.
Speaker 4: WHICH i know has to be pretty neat to see.
Speaker 8: This this is amazing and we had to pause it and so we're just going to pick it up and let it, roll if that's okay with. Y'all courtesy of THE Cbn, FAMILY Cbn network and the seven Hundred.
Speaker 4: Club here it. Is let's pick it.
Speaker 17: Up, Please welcome to the seven Hundred, Club Rick. Burgess it's great to have you with.
Speaker 6: Us what an honor to be.
Speaker 10: Here thank you so.
Speaker 9: Much what a great.
Speaker 17: Book the Title Men Don't run in The RAIN i finally found it.
Speaker 5: AS i was.
Speaker 17: Reading but share with us the title and where it came.
Speaker 1: From, WELL i, remember you, know my dad was of course dad to my brother and my, sister but he also because of you, know being a football coach and well known in the, community he was a dad influenced to a lot of, people including a real close friend of mine who lost his father when he was very. Young and so one day it was raining out at the football, field and you, know we were all out there And dad was coming toward us and my friend and, said have you ever noticed that your dad doesn't run in the? Rain he just keeps. Walking And i'd never thought about, it and we were so young THAT i didn't ask him about. It and SO i got about thirteen twelve thirteen somewhere in, there AND i was at the fieldhouse And mom was, like you, know ride home with your dad, today Because i'd had practice on the younger team and he finished up with the. Varsity so when he came, out it was one of we're From, alabama you, know and if you Know alabama in the, summer it's going to rain in the afternoon because we live in a tropical. Rainforest and so it started one of those afternoon showers AND i went to run to his, truck and he just took his hand and he stopped, me and he, said men don't run in the, rain and.
Speaker 4: SO i was, like oh.
Speaker 1: Okay so we, walked and over TIME i began to understand that he was saying so much more than the, literal you. KNOW i think my dad was trying to teach me, that you, know you've got a lot ahead of you as a, man and it's going to be much more difficult than rain. Drops if rain drops are a big deal to you and you're frantic about, that you're not going to do well on the things in her. Head AND i realized he was teaching me a steadiness and a calmness to become a. MAN i think my dad's.
Speaker 2: Perfect scenario would be a, family a man putting his wife in the passioner seat of the, vehicle completely dry in the.
Speaker 17: Rain it makes a great father's.
Speaker 4: Uh oh uh.
Speaker 9: Oh they skipped me. Ahead they skipped me. AHEAD i don't know Why i'm just watching this.
Speaker 4: PLAY i tell, YOU i FORGOT i was in.
Speaker 8: STUDIO i THOUGHT i was at, Home, yes, yes AND i forgot all about. That we, apologize we were catching, that we paused, it and, uh it looked like it just automatically jumped.
Speaker 4: Ahead SO i was trying to find it and to be right With, god because, fine, man this is. Live let's see.
Speaker 17: The bucket's worth.
Speaker 9: It oh they keep skipping me back in. Time you gotta be kidding.
Speaker 1: Me i'm heartbroken right, now And i've kind of forgotten Where dad, was And i'm kind of walking up the aisle AND i hear him calling. Me his voice is so, distinct so, loud hey, hey and he keeps AND i turned around to find, him and WHEN i, did he raised his finger and he looked at me and he, said now that's a.
Speaker 4: Man oh my.
Speaker 9: Goodness we're missing such good amount of the setup. On that is such a huge. Thing so we'll have to go and and reuh reload.
Speaker 2: That we were.
Speaker 8: Trying we were trying to we were trying to get. That that's nobody's. Fault you just put it on palls and then, they, uh they went ahead and skipped it.
Speaker 4: Ahead that's that part.
Speaker 8: Of the, STREAMING i, guess but, yeah, yeah, man it does look like he did a really good. Job and that was the courtesy of the seven Hundred club ON.
Speaker 4: Cbn but that has to be kind of, Neat.
Speaker 8: GREG i, Know, look you've seen a thousand, interviews you've done him on your.
Speaker 4: Dad but See rick on the Seven, yeah that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Cool the picture of the, Book, yeah, Picture, yeah that's. Good what would you dad be saying right? Now he'd be mad about. It ain't nobody readal stupid book about, Me that's what it.
Speaker 4: Now but, see that's what made him so.
Speaker 2: Great rick had to wait till he passed write that. Book AND i say, that, yeah and he said it to.
Speaker 4: You but it never was about. HIM i, MEAN i.
Speaker 8: Know that's one of things that that that your your dad's assistant coaches and players always took is that even when the winds were, big it was never.
Speaker 4: Him, yeah it was everybody else.
Speaker 2: Exactly that's just the way he. Was, yeah but he would. Have we joke about, him but he wouldn't. Have probably.
Speaker 4: We couldn't believe.
Speaker 6: It he's, What, yeah he. Wouldn't he wouldn't, Have like thought.
Speaker 4: Of rick's written a book he's.
Speaker 2: Done what of course that would have got.
Speaker 3: Him.
Speaker 6: Bro, yeah WELL i.
Speaker 4: HATE i didn't mean. TO i THINK i Insulted. RICK i, said did you really write?
Speaker 2: This this is?
Speaker 4: Good this is like really.
Speaker 9: GOOD i think the other books were written from the best of. CDs yeah they, were and.
Speaker 8: We and and, no no offense to the ghost writer that we. Had she did a great job and so did he because it was a couple of them at different different, times but it was always suggestions and emails and then they would put it. Together rick actually wrote.
Speaker 2: It he did and it was great to see and LIKE i could, TELL i, MEAN i hate died it skip through. It we had no choice what it.
Speaker 11: Is, yeah their player does allow for you to posit for extended periods of, time so that's not on.
Speaker 9: Me commentors on, YouTube.
Speaker 4: They're getting on your.
Speaker 8: Buddy, yeah the heartbreak guidess it just did but that was it was. Cool Text nation is weighing in because some of them saw. It they said that you could tell he did a really good. Job the spirit was moving during the uh during the segment uh and and a lot of great comments fantastic, job a little, oh that's. Funny so some comments on the seven Hundred. Club but everybody that has seen it said it was a great. Interview it looked like that's really.
Speaker 2: Cool that's.
Speaker 8: GOOD i know it had to be a pretty cool. Deal and we'll get some more behind the scenes stuff from. Less but men don't run in the. Rain yesterday was the last day to get your signed copy For Father's, day but you can still get a. Copy you can go To Rick Burgess show dot. Com you can go to The manchurch dot com Or Burgess ministries dot. Com if you do The Burgess ministries dot, com just click on books and it's.
Speaker 4: There it's it's one of the. Choices, uh you can still get your.
Speaker 8: Copy it just won't be guaranteed My Father's day or, signed but you can still get a.
Speaker 2: Copy i've been here from a lot of former players that played for, him and they really they're really enjoying.
Speaker 4: It, YEAH i bet they. ARE i bet they.
Speaker 8: ARE i noticed just from some of the interaction through email and the places that some of the former players are getting. It and REALLY jj prewittt good friend of ours that works IN tv On fox six and w b R c In. Birmingham we've talked about him for many, years he said he couldn't put it. Down, Yeah and it's funny because the whole don't run in the rain, thing this goes back years years AND jj AND i were talking one day and he, said you, KNOW i don't run in the rain because of that. Man this is before the idea of the book or. Anything and he, SAID i don't run in the rain because of that. Man, yeah and that's just a former.
Speaker 4: Player you.
Speaker 8: Know so the impact he's had, people, yeah, day, Yeah AND i know we've said this and this is a, compliment but the older you, get the more year just like, Him i'm being seeing your your mannerisms.
Speaker 4: Everything, NO i don't, KNOW i can just see.
Speaker 9: It, grumpiness, yeah, no a little bit coffee.
Speaker 6: Addiction, yeah well now he would drink some. Coffee, yeah, yeah all. That he traveled his own thermos.
Speaker 8: And you chisel through and he had a big heart, too just like and then the grandkids really softened Your.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's funny that way. Too but, YEAH i couldn't figure out what he was trying to. DO i was, like you're not who raised? Me wait because you, wait he was.
Speaker 4: Right he was really nice to me.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, an well we, Understand.
Speaker 11: I'm beginning the way that he Treated, Speedy i'm beginning to think about.
Speaker 9: How he treated me the very first time he met, me very first. TIME i was working for the, show so it was relatively you know.
Speaker 11: Later, yeah and he he just ran up to me and put me in a nouoggie and just did a little like a grinder on my.
Speaker 9: Head i'm, LIKE i didn't even know who it. WAS i was, like who is this man doing this to?
Speaker 11: Me, Yeah i'm a frail twenty twenty seven year, old what's happening?
Speaker 4: UP i.
Speaker 9: Guess.
Speaker 2: So, yeah he would crush your, hand pull you for one yea on the.
Speaker 4: Back oh, YEAH i can't. Stress.
Speaker 9: DIDN'T i didn't know who he.
Speaker 11: Was it was so early, on And i'm, like, okay so a stranger's giving me a, nuggie, Right, YES.
Speaker 8: I know y'all had you jokes about me being special and all, that and that's why it was nice to. Me BUT i will tell you, this the one THING i took away for the first Time i've ever met, him and the first TIME i had to interview.
Speaker 4: Him like straight, up, YEAH i was, like that's not the man everybody's telling me.
Speaker 8: About and you haven't talked about, it And rick does, too even in the book about how he would never bring the coaching part.
Speaker 2: Home he was just.
Speaker 4: Dad well he could turn that.
Speaker 8: Off so like when he was an, interview you, know he was still a, coach but he was not that hard nosed coach because that was only on the field or the coaches room or. Whatever he could do that, MASTERFULLY i. Mean and SO i would always, like is that the guy that they've.
Speaker 2: Been telling me people would they thought he had me And rick out in the yard running, drills you, know but he Never we never talked. Football in, fact my memories of my dad is huh and. Fishing that's what we. Did we didn't blame. Sports now once we got old enough to be on his, team, yeah but as far as little league and all, that we, played but he didn't coach.
Speaker 8: Us and even when even when he was coaching, y'all not just some other team coaching the two of.
Speaker 4: You, yeah he wouldn't bring it. Home, no that's what you're, saying.
Speaker 2: Which Is i've had friends whose dads were in the business and they, said, oh we heard it on the way home WHILE i was at.
Speaker 4: Home but, yeah they never brought it. Out that's, clever that's, unbelievable which he did a great.
Speaker 8: Job we missed catching all of it, live but now he is joining. Us he's back at the hotel room and wanted to say hello to The Box seats and then kind of recap some of the.
Speaker 2: Interview, rick how you doing doing good?
Speaker 1: News and, hello Box. Seats i'm so sorry THAT i couldn't be there with you both, today and we're just so. Thankful it sounds LIKE i missed some great, food uh. Uh and hopefully we'll be able to get you guys back when we're all. There and it's just so if there was some way we could have got around this on A, tuesday but this is the when they tape and when they go. Live they don't do a show every, DAY i found, out so so, anyway so so thank you for for your support of. Everything AND i look forward to hearing who wins The Burgess ball battle coming, up AND i hope somebody wins some money.
Speaker 8: Today, yeah, yeah we, uh we're really hyping That greg's going to be over at the, court SO i cannot wait for that play by. Play he's a little nervous about, it but back to you in the seven hundred, club SO i kind of told you all. Fair we tried to catch it live and pause it and then it made us skip, ahead so we missed the, uh the majority of.
Speaker 4: It but it looked like it went.
Speaker 1: Great, well you, know their first, class you, know you know how we you, know speed to you know all the years that we've been doing this and guys working, together you, know you we've been in so many different places and it's always such a pleasure when your. Host everything here is done so. Professionally everybody is just great at what they. Do they really keep it. MOVING i mean it just take for, instance even the you, know the interviewer tear you, know she you could tell she took time to read the, book and that's not always the. Case AND i, know being someone who interviews, people it's not always possible to read the entire, book and you try to do your best with it if you don't have that kind of. Time but you could tell she was, prepared she had read the, book she knew the questions to. Ask he was very, complimentary you, know got to meet you, know some other. People let me tell you one other decision that was confirmed, AGAIN i mean just and affirmed again the other guy THAT i think is about to go on here in a, minute that WE i just met back in the green, room who's who's written a book to, about you, know, uh making The bible easier for people to understand kind of. Thing but, great you're great. Guy uh he was flying in commercial uh four hours. Late what he got in he got in four Hours uh pat supposed to the middle of the night last, Night and AND i just looked at. HIM i, said ever again that that that happened to. Me, LOOK i don't know How i'm gonna do, it BUT i just think it's never again for.
Speaker 8: Me but, uh you got to really be on vacation with nothing ahead of, you because if you're on the, place it's.
Speaker 4: Tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, ANYWAY i think we made the rock call on. That but you know it's, uh you, Know, GREG i will just tell you this BECAUSE i know you're probably.
Speaker 4: Wondering.
Speaker 1: Uh the makeup. Person all she could talk about was my.
Speaker 2: Hair, OH i bet that she couldn't believe. That Main, yeah we show.
Speaker 8: Moved we showed her kind of getting you, ready lets you look good, less not some. Video he also sent us some pictures That adler is going to show of you and the host with the picture of the book and you standing there on the set. There that looks really. Nice but we we caught some video of you getting doll dolled.
Speaker 2: Up, RICK i think you need to do that.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah WELL i can't see. You greg the number of times that she, said now you're, sixty are you?
Speaker 6: Serious and she just couldn't believe.
Speaker 1: It AND i, said, no, NO i, SAID i, Said and she, said you, KNOW i JUST i, said, well, now my, brother if he were, here you know, you it would you would it would make more. SENSE i, said you, know he's probably what you THOUGHT i would look LIKE i.
Speaker 4: Got and you know.
Speaker 1: He's uh that his hair. Is we don't know what.
Speaker 2: Happened, yeah, Wow WELL i know what you.
Speaker 4: Said you claim its working hard all those years with that heart.
Speaker 1: STRESS i, mean, frankly, genetically it's brought shame to the. Family, yeah, okay but, uh because we've had such such good hair in our. FAMILY i don't know what.
Speaker 2: HAPPENED i. CAN'T i can't figure it.
Speaker 1: Out have y'all is there ANYTHING i need to?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 2: Well good, news good, news we didn't need all the pickled eggs so there are a few of them.
Speaker 6: Left we go quelled.
Speaker 4: Eggs we did as a dare we all ate it?
Speaker 8: Live we saved you some stealing liquid in the, jar so we can't wait for you to do that.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: YEAH i picked up the headphones to reconnect WHEN i REALIZED i was getting back in time to maybe go back on with you guys one.
Speaker 16: More.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh AND i heard that y'all were.
Speaker 4: Eating, sorry but you are not.
Speaker 1: Eating tell me y'all didn't eat out of that.
Speaker 4: Jar we, Did we did pretty.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 8: Yeah and for people that that you, know love, them they're, like, oh don't worry about. It but it was just different for, us you. Know and now he won't for some, Reason greg's not mad enough to drink the.
Speaker 4: Juice i've challenged him on.
Speaker 3: That he.
Speaker 4: Won't he. Won't he won't turn the jar.
Speaker 6: Up so we'll we'll.
Speaker 8: Work but you have plenty of, eggs so you got one for tomorrow and we will save you some brea and uh And, rick let me tell You. Somethingboddy we'll try to save you some some, food but we it is a food, day my.
Speaker 4: Friend what did y'all?
Speaker 1: HAVE i heard some kind of sway talking.
Speaker 8: Food, well you Know Johnny, lafoy he Owns austin whereabouts the food truck that they brought food not too long ago to the seeds and we enjoyed all the brisket and the ribs and you name.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 8: Uh, well he's in the seats today and brought us some and it is, well it's good, man it's. Good we might save you some of, them maybe some maybe thank. You maybe the ribs are falling off the.
Speaker 4: Bone what the ONE i? Had it's.
Speaker 1: Good by the, way this this Less bradford adventure. Continues will you will not believe what else he's? Done what he left his uh room key in his Room AND i will tell, You, YEAH i, said you better find a, movie, idiot. Listen AND i talked to the front. Desk have you ever have you ever been to like a hotel that's like real serious about, it uh founders and super serious about. It so guess what else he? Did, well do you have your? Idea he, Said, WELL i didn't take my wallet either BECAUSE i didn't want to cary it. Over so he actually had to have somebody vouch for him and take him to the room from the hotel to let him in why.
Speaker 6: Does why does he not carry his wallet with?
Speaker 3: Him?
Speaker 2: SPEEDY i get. Speedy he's. Praised somebody going to expect him to buy.
Speaker 4: Something that's not.
Speaker 2: True it's just in my, TRUCK.
Speaker 1: I Think greg he took on the speedy roll and he tried to make it feel real to. Me so he left his wallet as.
Speaker 4: Well oh, yeah speed's, there like, wow last. Last you know what it.
Speaker 8: IS i blame. YOU i blame The burgess. Boys y'all got to talk him out about him being a child, actor all. Right and he ran To rick's room to get on the phone and everything, else and he got flustered and he forgot.
Speaker 2: Everything PROBABLY i.
Speaker 1: Would like to share something that might blow your mind. TOO i got an encouraging text from someone who Watched the seven Hundred club, live and you'll never.
Speaker 4: Guess who it.
Speaker 1: WAS i would not think your mom, Person no mom watching the seven Hundred, club we expect. That, okay this, PERSON i want you to Imagine Frank kelly and but now you're kind of getting. Closer are you ready for? It are you ready for?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 1: Go paul fine Baumb what what Is paul Fine baum doing watching the seven Hundred how About.
Speaker 2: PAUL i think he's a. Regular he's been a member since for. Years, No, greg did you ever think?
Speaker 1: That can you Picture paul fine bamb, GOING i got to get this turned on the seven hundred clubs?
Speaker 4: Clubs, no how about? That did you? Never never would have guessed.
Speaker 11: That now since they showed our they showed our staff photo as far as some of the pictures they for your, interview and they showed the one WHERE i look Like i'm gonna make a?
Speaker 9: Wish?
Speaker 11: Kid, now CAN i tell my Parents i've been on the seven hundred Club even though it's this, picture.
Speaker 8: You can't always it, counts by the, way and this is your world visually did that?
Speaker 1: Did they did a great job and you saw the.
Speaker 4: Graphics, Yes, rick we.
Speaker 8: Were talking about the actual professionals like, me the image request and everything they had the demand To now it makes sense because of such of the production looked really.
Speaker 2: Good they they everybody, there they've really you, know once, Again, greg this this whole place up here is now going crazy Over.
Speaker 1: Dad they're they're just, like oh, man this guy and so so that was the. Story helped what, Happened, well that girl he wanted a kind so so, anyway so thanks to the seven Hundred club and everybody HERE C, Ben they've been nothing but first. Class and thank you guys for it picking up the slack in box. Seats thank you so much for all your. Support and AGAIN i apologize That i'm not. THERE i miss many you and and we'll we'll make sure that does happen in the in the. Future and so and thanks to everybody who continues to contact us about the.
Speaker 6: Book thanks a.
Speaker 1: Lot try to joy the rest of the. Show good luck on the. Burgeon love you.
Speaker 10: Back here's The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Show don't sit, down JAY. C we're gonna have you come on.
Speaker 2: Up J.
Speaker 4: C wiggs And Johnny lafoy gonna come on.
Speaker 2: Up they they.
Speaker 8: Came, together the, buddies and we've been talking About Johnny lafoy a little bit because he has The Austin whereabouts food truck and so they're coming over to The Big Boy mike uh and so they come on over.
Speaker 4: Together J. C, congratulations, Buddy Thanks.
Speaker 2: Beedy, yeah that was well.
Speaker 8: DONE i just want to shout up with my Wife, jessey and my kids August, a j And ace and maybe the guys At Big Test trailers in the.
Speaker 4: Shop working right now over nice need a.
Speaker 8: Trailer, hey big shout out to, them they're working. Hard i'm sure in, hot so, hot so.
Speaker 2: Hot, yeah all, right.
Speaker 9: Trailers my. Goodness, Yeah, johnny.
Speaker 2: Thank you for all the. Food But i'm glad you guys enjoy.
Speaker 8: It it's funny how many how many people that we all know that like know you or friends of yours that we know or THEY i. CAN'T i was at A stallion's, game somebody, screaming, hey, man how you know you Know?
Speaker 2: Johnny you?
Speaker 8: KNOW i mean SO i know you get around with the food. Truck but thanks for the, food.
Speaker 18: MAN i appreciate. Its my wife nuts because we can't go. Anywhere, yeah seeing people that know, me And sheila, said wait on us talk.
Speaker 2: Right well now you were saying you're in the top. Five now there's a contest of the top. Barbecue, yes and you made the top.
Speaker 18: FIVE i, did so it's CAN i say the name of the chip where IT'S cbs forty, Two uh.
Speaker 4: Huh they did a.
Speaker 18: Poll On facebook and people could just comment their favorite, places and they narrowed it down to the top five best barbecue restaurants In. Alabama And i'm in the top five and so right now on their website you can actually. GO i even have a link to it on My facebook. Page you can go and vote for your favorite on. There so also we're in the top five on.
Speaker 8: That, Okay so just search On Facebook Austin whereabouts and all the links are.
Speaker 11: There and you know how they say you can't trust a skinny, chef you, know BUT i trust, you.
Speaker 9: MAN i trust.
Speaker 4: You, yeah you bringing it so.
Speaker 8: Much The austin And Austin whereabouts is From, texas, yes and The whereabouts explain that.
Speaker 18: It's whereabouts is mainly because it's food. Truck it's so.
Speaker 8: So that didn't come from, that didn't come from anything In. Austin just the barbecue style and.
Speaker 18: Everything, yeah the big ones, there you have the, favorites you, Know Franklin, barbecue The Roy, lewis you know those. Guys So franklin kind of paved the way for all these these big the craft style.
Speaker 4: Barbecue, yeah, yeah and uh so absolutely.
Speaker 9: Delicious putting it away right. Now, yeah all, right.
Speaker 4: Boys i'll wrap it up on the live show with a good. Time.
Speaker 8: Game should be back with us, tomorrow and we thank all of you in the vox seats for being here today.
Speaker 4: Again, Sorry rick wasn't.
Speaker 6: Here the longest kick on fire we've ever.
Speaker 4: Had it is the longest one we've ever.
Speaker 9: Had it takes for the barbecue.
Speaker 6: Man, yeah it is really.
Speaker 10: Good, yeah this is The Rick Burgess. Show you just.
Speaker 1: Heard The Daily best Of The Rick Burgess. Show catch the entire show wherever you get, podcasts or watch us live and archived on, YouTube and subscribers can watch The Daily best Of The Rick Burgess show On BLAZE.
Speaker 10: Tv