Speaker 1: My league bus has all the knowledge you want. My league bus has here a knowledge you need. Yeah, they have all the books that.
Speaker 2: The whole wild world one up read Malague. But welcome, Welcome, Welcome to Malik's Bookshelf, Bringing a world together with books.
Speaker 1: Culture and community.
Speaker 2: Hi, my name is Malik, your host of Malik's Bookshelf, Bringing a world together with one book at a time. Well, this election show enough didn't bring the world together, and I don't anticipate it will. This country is divided at its core, and now they Trump won the election.
Speaker 1: All day long, every major.
Speaker 2: News station is trying to dissect the outcome of this last election twenty twenty four. Trump won by a landslide. He had a coalition of black, Hispanic Whites, women enough to not only win the electoral college, but when by millions of votes the popular vote, which hasn't happened for a Republican in quite some time.
Speaker 1: This was a blowout.
Speaker 2: A landslide, an electoral college landslide, and a popular vote which gives him what they call a mandate or some type of clarity on the policies that he want to bring forth. But let me say illusion of inclusion. Everybody dissecting that. I'm not a politician. I don't like to talk politics. I don't like to talk with religion. It dividsesed people. I'm trying to bring people together, one book at a time. But this election, a lot of people want to say it was he wanted because of racism and that, which which means that in this country out of three hundred something, meaning he probably is going to get over eighty million votes when they finished counting, you're telling me that a one third of this country is flat out racist.
Speaker 1: You know. Listen, America is a lot.
Speaker 2: Of things, but it has changed over the decades in the right direction, in the sense that blacks are twenty five percent more likely to be more wealthier in this country, become millionaires or what have you than any other place on this planet. That says a lot about the changes. Is it perfect? No?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: God has problems, Yes, And I think a lot of the problems is because and I'm black and I'm a black man.
Speaker 1: I believe that do for yourself.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to do for yourself what you can do, rather than depending on somebody. I think there's a lot of things that we can do as black people, independent of the government of America to change our condition and reality and make things prosperous and better.
Speaker 1: Instead of complaining what the government does not do.
Speaker 2: I open Elik books why to do something about the lifeack of information, the lack of love of self, us looking at ourselves and disrespecting our own self, our own community. Because I believe how you view yourself as direct relationship on how you treat yourself and your community and those around you. So I didn't complain about it. I did something about it. No more excuses. There are a lot of things we can do. It's the sky falling. No, we have survived worse. Whatever you think about Trump, bottom line is this, we have survived worse. There have been white supremists like George Washington Thomas Jender have been president and they were enslavers and owned slaves. So we have gotten through that, which says a lot about how we can get through this. Whatever you might think of Trump, whatever the percentage of Hispanics, women and Blacks that voted him in. You know, I'm been in the book business for a long time, and I know women can rule the world. Why because we've had net Fa Teeny Claire Pacha, These were giants ancient times. They have had women in Europe. There have been queens and have ruled Queen Mary of Britain or Queen Elizabeth from Britain. So there have been women that have ruled great empires, great nations such as Britain, Ancient Egypt, and all throughout Europe. So women can rule, and women are very intelligent and they're very smart. I don't think that Trump won because of.
Speaker 1: His him being who he is in him.
Speaker 2: He won because of a lot of people are feeling the economy.
Speaker 1: He won because a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Don't want boys competing or men competing against girls. There are a lot of other issues that people need to address. Listen, Usually, if you're in the center, you typically appeal to most people. Extreme views do not get the majority of the people.
Speaker 1: He's about to get more.
Speaker 2: He's more popular now, He's gotten more votes than he did four years ago in twenty sixteen. Why we need to study that for to hear all this rhetoric and the Democratic Party they don't want to look in the mirror and address some of their policies, and the way they campaign is, you know, they don't want to see what's on the handwriting that's on the wall. It's a lot of people in this country don't like the direction that's going in. They don't like the policies of the present leader. That's the bottom line, and the people spoke, and that's why. You know, I don't like the high guys present. I don't like going in and having to pay the kind of money I gotta pay for for I don't like the inflation that's going on. I don't like the fact that my sales is down a certain percentage because the economy are you know, people are holding on to their moneyes and so the retail industry is down. Why because there's no growth, Americans spending more money than it's taken in and therefore there has created a problem with people not having disposable income. So the bottom line is, enough people voted to bring President Trump back to deal with inflation, to deal with wars around the world, to deal with the problems that are plaguing America. And you know, they didn't feel that Kamala Harris had the ability to do what to address the issues that are before us, and so enough people voted against her.
Speaker 1: And now they want to dissect this.
Speaker 2: What did Trump do to attract large numbers of blacks, particularly black men, large number of Hispanic men and Hispanics in general, and large numbers of course white men.
Speaker 1: Of course he.
Speaker 2: Gonna win the day on that right. But he also got a strong percentage of white women. So what is it about Trump that he appealed to that element?
Speaker 1: I want to read something somebody sent me. They sent me this.
Speaker 2: What so many failed to understand is that MAGA is not about Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: MAGA is about America.
Speaker 2: We the people were searching for someone, anyone willing to fight corruption and preserve freedom.
Speaker 1: We found that in Donald Trump. He's our voice. You see.
Speaker 2: It's not a cult, it's a revolution. Make America great again. Now, someone sent that to me because I asked them what was it about Donald Trump that Americans like?
Speaker 1: And someone sent that to me, so I wanted to read.
Speaker 2: Those are not my words, Those are the words of somebody who sent me this paragraph that they found.
Speaker 1: I guess this is circulating all over social media. So the mac of movement is not about Donald Trump. It's it is a movement though.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, because he's gotten stronger over the years and not weaker.
Speaker 1: And he's been convicted he's been.
Speaker 2: Spoken ninety eight percent of all the negative media or ninety eight percent of the media coverage on Trump. They say it's negative. So the thing is, what isn't it about him that appeals to these people? And someone wrote this paragraph that sent it to me that I just read. So because I don't know, I don't know what's making him for I don't know what's causing black men, Hispanic men, enough white women to vote.
Speaker 1: Because a typical politician would.
Speaker 2: Be, you know, thrown out of office or never been able to be elected with the things that Donald Trump says and does. But they say that's a window of.
Speaker 1: Why racism exists.
Speaker 2: Now, I do feel that there's certain things that Trump has said and did that has like peeled the layers of America back and expose some certain things on the inside because he's taking on some of the greatest enemies that have plagged black progress in America. Now you don't have to agree with this, but the Corntail program that was designed to undermine black organizations was started by the FBI, and it undermined black leaders, black organizations. Now you see Trump fighting the FBI, you see Trump fighting the CIA, you see Trump fighting like I said, corruption in.
Speaker 1: The government or whatever.
Speaker 2: A lot of our black organizations were destroyed and.
Speaker 1: The law was used to undermine them.
Speaker 2: And the same way they're persecuting Donald Trump is the way they persecuted a lot of black leaders in the black organizations. And they have books out and they called Corntail pro the FBI pro on Black Leadership, Black organization. These are real books and these documents have come out and been placing the book to show you know, the attack. They went after Martin Luther King and did certain things by trying to get him, by spying on him illegally and trying to use that to undermine him. So this corntail pro, this covert operation, is clandestine operation that the FBI, the CIA users was doing that towards black organizations, black leaders.
Speaker 1: Now it's a term they call it. They call it lawfare.
Speaker 2: And a lot of blacks believe that and whites, you know, believe that the lawfair against Trump. Blackfired because people in underserved community know what that feels like knowing because a lot of Blacks feel the Black Panther Party was targeted this way lawfare, that the Nation of Islam as an organization was targeted this way that the NAACP was targeted this way.
Speaker 1: A lot of the Urban League.
Speaker 2: These are strong organizations that have helped many Black people. They have different ideologies, but a lot of black people have benefited from these organizations, and a lot of blacks feel that lawfair was used against these organizations to undermine and to create division amongst black people, because black people don't always all think alike, but we all share a common denominator which we live mostly in underserved communities, lack of resources, liquor stores on every corner, and a lot of crime and drugs gained.
Speaker 1: Violence, all of that.
Speaker 2: So most Blacks live in that environment and a lot of these organizations attempted to try to make a difference in these communities, to lift up Black people and change their lives by getting them to do for themselves and to love themselves and to stand up and resist against oppression and Jim Crow and all the corruption and discrimination and racism that was in America. Martin Luther King, a lot of people involved in the movement where doctor King would targeted by the cointail program. So this is a program that and I've come across information where because bookstores are located throughout America and their meeting places and places that people go to get information that they that bookstores were monitored and documented because these are places where seminars, workshops, information and things like that. So there's documents how they monitor bookstores all across this nation. And these are some of the things that and I remember back in the day, I used to get calls at the store where people.
Speaker 1: And I see scrolling some of the social media right now that.
Speaker 2: Some people are targeted at bookstore all because they want to promote a voice for black people.
Speaker 1: I say, leak books, given voice to the voiceless. You know, a lot of.
Speaker 2: These books wasn't on the shelves of major bookstores. See so instead of talking about and complained about it, Malik opened up stores in order to give a voice to a voiceless.
Speaker 1: So the Balbin Hills location.
Speaker 2: Is all black and brown, lat Black and Latino Children's bookstore in Westville. Kov Semar's our general store dealing with a dought alway to children with children or one hundred percent of our future, because I believe that it's a lot of trauma in our communities because of how you see yourself. How you view yourself is how you think about yourself. And you have to love yourself, to be yourself and to do for yourself and to be a successful in America. So you know, all I'm saying is, yes, America has come a long way. But how can a person whom twenty four to seven, seven days week, the media lambasted Trump as a racist, as a convicted feeling, and yet he won the president of the United States. He carried the Senate and the House of represented my understanding, and won the electoral College and as a blowout in one by landslide, you know, And this hasn't happened because the Republican Party has always labeled a sacred gated racist party. Yet how can someone like this win? That needs to be studied and examined because the question is has America ever changed?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure. For a long time I thought that, I'm not sure. I think a lot of people have conservative views and they hide it how they feel. You know, you got a clan in a suit and you got a clan in a white T shirt. They both have the same objective, white supremacy over every other culture and race. Now, and what steps are they willing to tape depends on the group and their ideology. But white people did not build this nation for it to be turned over to minorities and other groups. And they're gonna fight to the death to keep this nation under white power, under white control. And so, like I said, I don't know how he won, but he won, and he won by a land slide.
Speaker 1: So that's my podcast for this week.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you this, I got some extraordinary events coming up because life goes on, and I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Let what happened.
Speaker 2: A lot of people are dummy down and upset and feeling a certain way.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, find.
Speaker 2: Joy where you at. Focus on the things you're good at. Certain that you can't control, you can't control, but hey, you gotta live and you gotta move forward. So at Malik Books, we got p J more than five time Grammy winner at Malik Books doing a fireside chat and book talk, music and books.
Speaker 1: And guess what all you gotta do is register.
Speaker 2: Now we're hoping you buy the book, which is Saturday night Sunday morning, his new book that's coming out, and he's gonna be at Elik Books to talk about his book and perform. So I need you to go ahead Saturday night Sunday morning is the book. Go ahead and go to bleakbooks dot com. We have it on our website and RSVP for the event. Listen, this is gonna be a brotherhood and a sisterhood.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find joy. We're gonna lift up our voice.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have some music, and we're gonna talk about, you know, lifting up the black joy even in the midst of this time. All right, So go to our milik books dot com and R three P for our upcoming events.
Speaker 1: But PJ.
Speaker 2: Morten November fourteenth, six pm at Milik Books West phild Kovie Shiner.
Speaker 1: It's going down.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a five time Grammy winner and a lot of y'all know this new song again. I found look I found Listen, I'm talking off the top. I can't even recall this. I found you. I think it's called that's one of his songs. If you don't know, it's a new hit, it's beautiful, it's a ballot.
Speaker 1: He's a you know, he's out. He's born and raised out of New Orleans.
Speaker 2: And you already know. They know how to play, they know how to sing, and they know how to. So come on through for some soul for and all you gotta do is register. Come on out when when we got.
Speaker 1: The books, we gonna head the books.
Speaker 2: If you want a photo op, we want to sign book, you gotta come on through. The book is about to drop this Tuesday. But hey, he's at Malak Books on Thursday, November fourteenth, six pm.
Speaker 1: Come through.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to Malik's Bookshelf, where topics on the shelf are books, culture, and community.
Speaker 1: Be sure to subscribe and leave me a review. Check out my instagram at Malak Books. See you next time