Speaker 1: Have you thought about the cost of men that opt out of leadership opportunities to society.
Speaker 2: I think we're seeing it. I think we see it in the degradation of family values. I think we see it in the degradation of our institutions when there is no leadership. This is what happens. America has a shortage of male leaders. Men are quietly checking out of leading in their communities, their own homes, and even their own lives. Is this the great destiny of my life is to just bring home paychecks and be sad? Is it in a cubicle all day and make money for somebody else? Is this my purpose? This is what God called me too? Is to look another man in the face and say, don't worry, man, there's more.
Speaker 1: This is Frank Schwartz. He's the CEO of F three, which stands for Fitness, Fellowship and Faith. Men at over five thousand locations across the world join free, pure led workouts at five point thirty am that are outdoors, no matter if it's freezing, blistering, raining, or snowing. You're the CEO of one hundred thousand man movement. Current we ain't done.
Speaker 2: The mission of F three is to plant, grow, and serve these small workout groups for men in order to invigorate male community leadership. One of the poor principles of F three is that it's pure let right. It's all volunteers, and if you come out long enough, we'll say it's your turn. You got to lead. We want to teach men leadership because if they learn how to lead, then they can take that home to their families.
Speaker 1: By the end of this episode, you're going to walk away with a blueprint for real leadership. You'll have a deeper appreciation for where your leadership matters most. You'll also discover the F three movement and that just might change your life or the lives of men you care about who really need to hear this episode. F three ain't gonna change the world. That's not what we're for. We're here to change men who will change them life. This is army of normal folks where our mission is to make service easier for all of us and together change the country. All right, everybody, we have super exciting news coming at you. I mean, Alice is excited about it, but I'm not sure how excited I am. The podcast is now live on YouTube, which means now you get to see me in case you prefer watching it there, and we're switching up the audio format of the podcast. You can now either listen to the full version of the podcast on the same episode, meaning you no longer have to go to part one in part two to hear a whole episode we got going, or you can listen to a thirty minute version of the podcast that will be labeled as highlights and we get it. Many listeners who aren't as into long form podcast or struggle to find the time to listen to the whole thing each week have requested something like this, and so Alex got off his button. We finally created it. We're really not perfect, nobody is, but we really do try to take in all of your feedback and advice. We hope to create a product that makes service easier for you and all of us. So check it out and keep it coming. You can email us anytime at Normalfolks dot org and we will respond. Now, let's go to the episode you joined F three for one blunt reason. What was it huh to not be fat anymore? That was really the Cruxoup?
Speaker 2: How long ago?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: So? That was twenty fourteen? So I guess I'm I'm finishing up your twelve of this deal.
Speaker 1: And so what I mean, what did you look in the mirror? And I mean so true? They have these things called planet fit they do.
Speaker 2: I mean, why very true? What was very true?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Well, I went to the doctor, my doctor, it's been my doctor since we moved to Charlotte twenty something years ago. And she was like, look, you got high blood pressure, you got high cholesterol, you're overweight, you got sleep apnea. She's like, you're basically just a stroke waiting to happen. And I was like, well that, thanks for that. I appreciate that. And uh. And so it was like she said, basically like either you start actually exercising like I've been asking to you too for years, or you can beyond some medicines. That's so I don't want to do all that. So she says, well, then better start work now. So I started going to the gym like I did, like YMCA thing right, And but I kept hearing about this F three thing, F three F three And I knew a couple of guys who had been in and there's a guy that I that I worked with who had lost some weight and stuff and was looking pretty good and looked like he was feeling good about life. And so I said, uh, hey, man, what have you been doing? And it's like I've been doing this F three And I was like what, why does everybody keep talking about F three? Like what is that? And so he explains it and told me kind of what they do for workouts and stuff.
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Like it was terrible, Like I was, that was the world is very hard, Like this is what it sounded like to me, you know. I was like, I'm more of like a jog on a treadmill for a mile and go and pretend I know what some of these machines do. And that's you know, that was it. So I uh so I decided just one Saturday, I was like, you know, I'll just show.
Speaker 1: Up, like what to see?
Speaker 2: Right, how bad can it be?
Speaker 1: It's November.
Speaker 2: Bad choice. It was probably one of the colder days of that year. And I went out there and and Bill, I had never really exercised in earnest, you know, since like high school, you know, and uh and so I mean it was it was horrible. It's an hour long and one of the core principles of F three is that it's pure lead. Right, It's all volunteers, and if you come out long enough, we'll say, hey, it's your turn. You got to lead, right. You don't get away with just showing up. Everybody has to participate, and not just in the workout, but also in the leadership of the workouts. So the way they did it on Saturdays then used to be they would do two halves. It's an hour long, and they would do you know, one guy would lead thirty, another guy would lead thirty. But I didn't know that. I mean, I just had shut up out of nowhere, and we they start running us around. It's all this horrible stuff. And it's about thirty minutes in and this guy goes all right, man, bring it in, and everybody kind of comes to, you know, gathers around him, and I was like, oh, thank goodness, that is over. That was a horrible I think that was the worst thing I'd ever done in my life. And he was like, all right for the second half, I'm gonna head it up to this guy.
Speaker 1: And I was like, how is there a second half? Like we're all gonna die, there's no way, right, And and then we did the second half and it was horrible, but you know, you survive. But the thing was is so that you know you can get a workout a lot of places, right, And it's a little bit of a misnomer to call us a.
Speaker 2: Fitness We use fitness, right, that is, that is kind of the trojan horse, if you will, to get a man to come out right. But really it's about and not ironically an army of normal folks, right, but it's about community. It's about bringing men together. So F three stands for fitness, fellowship and faith.
Speaker 1: All right. So I went down a rabbit hole. I had on my underwear in one sock, and it was late last night and got on my leasas out of town. So I disturbed, absolutely nobody noted. And I watched a couple of videos and what I saw is a bunch of people about my age jumping curbs, lifting cinder blocks, doing some other stuff that looked like Jane Fondo workout from the eighties.
Speaker 2: That must have been Memphis.
Speaker 1: No it was not. I just get I'm just saying that because they're all here and and like getting a serious workout in, but just like using what was in the parking lot. Yeah, and I just started giggling. You know, it was not what I expected to see.
Speaker 2: No, so.
Speaker 1: When you showed up and you joined F three for that one blunt reason, yeah, was that what you found in the workout? Was that kind of atmosphere?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much. Yeah, a lot of joking locks, Ben, are you kidding? Oh yeah, that's why I was like, how what's even happening to me?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: It was a lot of it. Now, at that one, we didn't have a lot of cinder blocks in that kind of foolishness, But it's not uncommon to you know, you'll be running and they'll be like, oh, a rock pile and everybody stops, and then you work out with the rocks or you know whatever whatever. Right, all in trees? All right, pick up a log and carry that around.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's it's this peer lead thing.
Speaker 1: Sounds like it's like, Okay, if I'm leading this week, what kind of stupid can I come up with it? I'm going to make my group d.
Speaker 2: Uh fellas would you agree? Yeah, that's that's about That's about it. Yeah, that's that's about it.
Speaker 1: That actually makes it fun. Yeah, it's fantastic. All right, So I kind of get that. But you have said that F three is a men's fitness group, but it's really a clever disguise, it is it is, Frank, Yeah, what are you hiding?
Speaker 2: We're cult No, I'm no, it's uh. The mission of F three is to is to plant, grow, and serve these small workout groups for men in order to invigorate male community leadership. We want to wake men back up. There's a lot and this is It was very true in Charlotte. It may be true in Memphis, and I know it's true in a lot of cities and towns throughout America. But men of our age, right, poor similar as you mentioned, right, and that kind of late thirties ish to mid early fifties ish.
Speaker 1: Right, you mean the dad bought exactly well, not me, but some of that don't know your s felt. I'll show you a picture later. You know, I'm a fat kid waiting to happen. But but no.
Speaker 2: But you know, they they maybe they got a couple of kids now right this early stage of career in life, and uh, probably they probably just had their second kid or something. They had something, just had to buy a bigger car, right, get maybe a bigger house, Get out of three bedroom into a four or five.
Speaker 1: Right, God forbid, drive a minivan. There it is, we say all the time. We're an army of minivan centurions. Oh boy, that's that's what we are. Right, So you got it.
Speaker 2: You get in this lifestyle, and pretty soon what you find is, after a few years of that, these guys who thought they were achieving, much like you, sitting in their underwear, one sock in their hand on the end of their bed, and they go, was this It is this all I'm for? This is this? The great destiny of my life is to just bring home paychecks and be sad and shuffle mindlessly and listlessly in and out of these giant high rises in Charlotte, sit in a cubicle all day and make money for somebody else or whateverybody else, you know, like, is this my purpose? And you look in their eyes and you can see it the hurt I was telling guys just this morning, like I can't not do this. This is what God called me too. Right, is to look another man in the face and say, don't worry, man, there's more, there's more, and we get that's that's really what we are. It's a leadership group, and we want to teach men leadership because if they learn how to lead, then they can take that home to their families, right, they can take that out in their communities. They can go places and teach others to know what they know, right, to teach them how to be functional. I mean, that's why the fitness is all functional. Everything about what we do is functional, you know. So it's it's speaking to those men in those situations. Certainly at first, that's what it was designed for.
Speaker 1: Why do you think so many men, especially middle aged men, have never with purpose? And when I say lad, I don't be mean. Managing a business gave.
Speaker 2: True community and that's part of what I love about F three and really about what you guys are doing too, is that it's volunteers.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: If you got hired, as it were, to be in the position you're in and that's your leadership, then you really are a manager. Right, somebody's paying you. You're paying the people beneath you, and that means you have the leverage and the power of them to say, like, well, if you don't do what I say, I'm gonna pay you anymore. Right, So that's managing, which isn't bad. It's a form of leadership, right. But leadership in its most pure fashion, I think, is a man or a woman with vision who can articulate that vision and then persuade others to come with them.
Speaker 1: Right. Have you thought about the cost of men that opt out of leadership opportunities to society.
Speaker 2: I think we're seeing it. I mean in terms of dollars and cents, incalculable, incalculable, But I think we're seeing it. I think we see it in the degradation of family values. I think we see it in the degradation of our institutions. I mean it's as obvious. I mean, we're seeing the cost. We're seeing the cost. This is what is the problem is when there is no leadership. This is what happens.
Speaker 1: And now a few messages from our general sponsors. But first, earlier this year something we're really proud of, Army members launched six A and F local service clubs around the country. Their design is to make service easier for your fellow community members by really having zero requirements of the club's members. All you got to do is just sign up and join our service activities whenever you can when it works for you and welcome kids to join us for everything, and they cultivate an in person family like tribe for lack of a better term, that makes service even more rewarding. We are now really, because of the success of these first six, looking at launching more local service clubs and if you'd be interested in either leading or serving on the leadership team of a new one in your community, email Alex at Alex at Normalfolks dot org and he'd love to connect with you about this cool opportunity. We'll be right back. Being a producer, has done his due diligence for me over the last three years prepping me, and he's also a data minor and I can't go we don't have time to go into the depth of it. But basically he found that Pew Research did a cool study that said that about a forty percent approval rating of the White House, and historically over the last eight presidential elections after two years, regardless of it's a Democrat or Republican, that's about the number, so it's really not about the politics. Same number for Congress, a little bit lower number for Senate. For the first time in our history, there's less than a fifty percent approval rating of the Supreme Court. It's supposed to be a non partisan body. Even more surprisingly, for the first time in our history, there's less than a fifty percent approval rating of CEOs of our fortune five hundred companies. Interesting don't approve, And at the same time, the same Pew research found that everybody knows that if they're watching Fox or CNN, ninety four percent respondents said they realize, depending on whose news they're watching, that it's going to be slanted toward one viewpoint or another. Yeah, and when reading social media that at the very least it's slanted all the way to pot patently false when getting introduced from that. So we don't approve. We know we're being fed. Yet the exact same respondent said they spend and average are two point two hours a day either listening to Fox, inn or on social media. I know that this poison is terrible for me, but let me have more of it like a bunch of sheep. Look, man, we continue to follow narratives that we know are and then we wonder why we feel bad about ourselves and we opt out of service and leadership because we think the world's broken because feeding ourselves.
Speaker 2: With yeah, one hundred percent true, yeah.
Speaker 1: F three, it seems to me breaks that down.
Speaker 2: We like to think, so, yeah, we like to think because here's the thing, and to your point, I think it's really encapsulated well in our second core principle, which is that it is open to all men. All we make no qualification, no kind of I mean, there's no fee, there's no I mean number one, number one core principles. That's free, right, It's always free, no matter what period. And the second is opened all men, and so there is no barrier to entry. We don't care who you are, what you look like, who you worship, no, who you love, don't care how you vote, don't care. I was telling guys this morning, there's a and these are started to crop up all over the place. But one of the original workout spots early on in Charlotte is at a local treatment facility, right, and you know, I think it's the one hundred and eighty days now that they give for free. It's a Charlotte rescue mission. And a guy named John Lambert, who is my predecessor, was started that and he says, you know, these guys and he was an addict, right, so he knew he also runs a multi pajillion dollar construction company now, right, and so he was like, these are men that he had a heart for. So he goes and he starts to work out there, and originally didn't even want us there. They're like, everybody fails these guys. Everybody fails these guys. We don't need one more, you know, great hope to come and pretend like they care and then wash out after a few weeks. And then these guys once again look at their lives and go, well, I got nothing right.
Speaker 1: Many of our longtime listeners will understand the phrase turkey person. I'll explain it to you later.
Speaker 2: When I got it perfect, I have a feeling, maybe a check writers like kind of the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, show up on Thanksgiving giving out there, then never show.
Speaker 2: Up and they never show up again. And so they said, we were not really thrilled with this idea, but we'll give you a shot. Well it's been now, I don't remember ten twelve years or something. We've been doing this every single Saturday. And at that location you have men who are in the depth of chronic addiction and homelessness.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they've been in and out of this facility a couple of times working out next to men literally who are billionaires and really outside of I mean, you know, if you're a stute, right, you can pick it up. But really they're all wearing the same T shirt. Nobody asks, nobody cares, right, I only know because I know the guys. Right, if you know him, you know him maybe, But but they don't look at it and go, this guy's less or oh he's a project or whatever. We really have a true deep ethos of every man is every man. God created every man to be a leader. He created every man to be successful. He created every man to have purpose in his life, whatever that purpose is. Some purposes are bigger than others. Right, you reach thousands and thousands of people, right, other guys that may not be their deal, that might not be where they're called to impact. But we believe that every single man on this planet has been called to impact. And so our intent is to go and to find them and to unlock them, to give them leadership, skills and purpose, and to set them free.
Speaker 1: All while lifting cinder blocks. It's the weird jumping in herbs.
Speaker 2: Bill if knitting was the thing that brought men together into community and unlock their hearts and minds. We would knit with a fervor unknown to man. That's what we would do. It just so happens at the workouts. A pretty good way to get guys in.
Speaker 1: You know, my generation, or at least how I grew up, was we didn't have a lot of catchphrases for stuff. We just said what we thought, rolled with it, and there's good ambat to that. Sure, in today's world, there seems to be a catchphrase or a type for everything. So when I think about masculinity as I'm thinking about F three, the two are basically synonymous. Bill, So it makes sense, I understand. But see, here's the point. Because of that tongue in cheek comment, I think about the terms mat toxic masculinity, row culture, masculinity, soft masculinity. What is an F three masculinity? Uh, real masculinity, true masculine. Tell me what that?
Speaker 2: We would say virtuous masculinity. That's that's the way theyphrase it masculinity to us. Uh, most of the things you described there, like the bro culture, you know, these red pill guys you know or whatever, and the Andrew tastes and the you know, these kinds of guys that are out there. I don't believe that that's masculinity. I don't think there's such a thing as toxic masculinity. I think that's masculinism, much like feminism or other isms. Essentially, what you've done is you've taken this thing that really is beautiful and holy and good, and you've turned that into your God. You've turned that into the thing that you worship. So these guys that spend a lot of time in the gym, well, sure they do that because they worship their bodies. They think they're very handsome and very strong, and some of them are right, and they're there to do that because that is who they believe that they are, their identity, that's that's right. We don't believe in that. We don't believe in that. We think your identity comes from something bigger than yourself. And most of these people who protect or practicing what I would call masculinism are those who believe in themselves and only themselves. You hear a lot of oh self care, and you know this kind of stuff, and you know these guys, when you listen to what they're talking about, it's very, very damaging stuff, very very damaging stuff. So a virtuous man, or a man who practices virtuous masculinity, which I think is true masculinity, is a man who I think practices courageous love, you know, full and complete self abandoned in the service of his fellow being. That's really what we're for. The reason we get strong out there, lifting you know, rocks and trees and whatever else. The jumping over, you know, pick the tables or whatever, you know, whatever idiot stuff we're doing, is because Bill Heaven forbidden. I'm not that much younger than you are. I know you might think I am, but I'm not. You like, I'm so so bad, it's so bad.
Speaker 1: No, honestly, I thought we're the same age, pretty close, right, yeah, yeah, I see, it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't look bad for ninety eight, right, yeah, yeah. I can tell you with clarity if you were in a dangerous situation. Right, Let's say, you know, the car crashes and it catches fire and you're unconscious. Right, I know, I know because I've done it. We did it this morning. I can hoist you on my back and run flat out for one hundred yards and you'll be fine and that's who I am, you know what, I tell you a story about that actually not about carrying somebody, but but this idea of kind of the the masculinity we're going for. So I have this bad tendency to to sort of stop for folks on the side of the road. My wife says, is dangerous and you gotta go somewhow, right, But if I see somebody in distress, I just that's part of who I can't really help myself. And this is a few years ago now, but I stopped one time and it was just a you know, car stop flashes on. I can see people in the car, so I pull over and and I'm gonna, you know, get out to help or whatever. Now I'm not a big guy. I'm not like a menacing presence or something. I'm not a you know, big fellow. And I didn't play you know, college sports or anything. But I'm not you know, it's just a random dude like getting out of his truck, you know, walking back toward your car. You know you might might be a little weirded out right. Well, it's the beauty of it is. It's this. It's a clearly several generations of family in here right. The lady driving the car will look like probably her mom and probably her daughter in the backseat. I start walking back towards this.
Speaker 1: Car, and she hops out and runs up and she's like, oh, thank goodness. And I was like, oh yeah, you guys, okay, And she says, well, we've had people pull over and I just kind of waved him on.
Speaker 2: She says, but this is truth. I saw your F three sticker and I knew that I would be safe and I knew that you would help. Wow. Now part of that's the blessing of being in the Charlotte areas. A lot of people know what F three is. But in my mind, Bill, that's masculine.
Speaker 1: That's a great story. The truth confidence be able to fix their car. You just did.
Speaker 2: I end up having to give them a ride, Okay, yeah yeah, I know. Now, real masculine you would be like, oh yeah, And I fixed the car and I changed the tile.
Speaker 1: Like no.
Speaker 2: I walk into the car and I'm like, car broke. I don't know, you know, like I have no idea.
Speaker 1: How car broke? I have truck, Yeah exactly. So I gave her a ride or whatever. Right, So we got him home and got people called. But yeah, but that was the point. We'll be right back. You talked about the location that had billionaires and formally incarcerated folks working out together. That was kind of the the passion project of your founder, not the founder, but yeah, another guy, but yeah, another guy. That's the beauty of it.
Speaker 2: Too, Right, the founder didn't think of that, just somebody in the crowd had an idea.
Speaker 1: With that perspective. Is background about some specific friendships that you know that are from two dissimilar worlds that now lead and serve and are friendship friends with one another specifically because of F three. Man, that's a I'll be honest, that's a long list. Give me one. That's a long list. Well what yeah, give me one of yours. Okay, I'll do that. That's probably easier. Even so, one of the things we believe in in F three is in shared leadership. Right, No, no one man can run anything. It kind of helps avoid a lot of problems. You know, you don't get this kind of cult of personality like I can't choose to do anything without you know, kind of this group of men that I've selected to come with me, right, we share leadership.
Speaker 2: Well, now, early on I didn't do it this way necessarily because you know, first thing you do is pick some of your buddies, like minded guys, and you think it's fantastic. You know, this will be great. We'll hang out with our buddies, will make decisions about things. And I've learned over time that that is a very ineffective way to lead a very large volunteer group. So there's a guy named Scratch and Win. Yes, I presume he has a real name.
Speaker 1: Win. First of all, I get that that's like a lotto cary. But I can't help but think of a dude, you know, scratch and scratch it when.
Speaker 2: I win. Yeah, exactly. I can't wait to share that with him. But John Horton, and he actually is now are He's our only employee, right, he's our fundraising guy. He's the only one who actually works for as everybody else volunteers. But anyway, he's a guy who has very different political leanings from me, let's say, and that's one of the things that we love to fight with most in this country, right, fight with those kind of people, people that are opposite of us. But I specifically ask him to come and serve with us and be a part of the team because I know how different he is. Now. I probably shouldn't even share this. I'm sure this first time some guys will ever heard it. But we were on a retreat as a leadership team and John and I don't want to say we almost came to blows, but it was it was warm. We'll just say that it was warm disagreeing over something. Right now. It's a guy that normally you would be like, forget that guy. I'm done.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 2: He's dead to me. Throw him off the team, and we move on, right and get done. We need to get done. Well, some good advice from guys on that team, you know, come to me and say, well, you know, he doesn't believe in God. I have a very strong faith in Right, he doesn't believe in in a lot of the social things that I do, or and vice versa. Right, there is nothing about us that is I mean, outside of the fact that we're both men, and I mean his ages, he's fair amount younger than me and whatever. But we shouldn't match on paper, and we shouldn't especially after fighting with one another and disagreeing so vehemently about certain things. There's no way that we should be getting along. And yet just before I came here, even you know, he's calling me, going, hey, man, anything else you need for the trip? What else can I do for you? And you know you're going to be gone, your wife need anything? Blah blah blah blah blah, all this kind of stuff, right, And he is one of my dearest friends. I disagree with him so strongly about so many things. You know that he still doesn't believes, you know whatever, And so we we don't fight yell anymore. But but those kinds of stories, I mean, there's guys who you know, on paper, it would like, why would you ever talk to this dude? But some of the greatest friends I have, Or there's up in the in the Northeast. There's guys who I worship very differently, non Christians, very differently, you know, different colors, different all this kind I mean. And when you when you remove all of the stuff that the world tells you you're supposed to pay attention to to make you part of the same group, if you remove all that, and you can get a man who believes in his heart what the mission is, what he has is a mission as a man, we can we can disagree about whatever you like, you know. And so you know, I call this guy now because sometimes when I'm upset about something else and I'll be like, hey, I need a different perspective from my own, because my perspective is just making me mad, you know. So I need somebody to tell me to get my head out of my rear end so I can come back around and be a normal person again.
Speaker 1: The man out there, or the wife out there who has a husband who's listening to us, not the husband, but the wife's listening to us. The man who thinks it's just too ordinary to make a difference, or the wife that sees in her husband a degraded version of what she fell in love with. What does F three say about what just one normal person can actually do?
Speaker 2: We often because people look at F three now that we have, you know, we're known a little bit in certain places, and they know we have some size, you know, to our ranks and things like that, and they get a lot of guys who say things like, oh, man F three ought to you know, fill in the blank, pick a number and do whatever it might be right, And we often say that man F three ain't going to change the world. That's not what we're for. We're here to change men who will change them. So to a one guy who thinks he can't make any difference, I think he needs to probably step back and decide what difference really means. He needs to figure out that it ain't building some big, massive, you know, billion dollar company, or flying to the moon or any other that nonsense.
Speaker 1: Right. I have done a lot of speeches all over the place, some I big, big, big ones and all that, And one of the things in the leadership speech that I do is, you can probably be the most effective, most important leader and servant without even leaving the front door. Your spouse and children, your family, and you don't have to be part of any big five oh one, C three or anything to have profound effect. And I know that because I lack that leadership in my own life. And I love what you're doing because I can see a man after joining F three and being involved for just a short period of time, I can see him feeling better about himself physically and better about himself emotionally and spiritually. And I got to believe that is most clearly reflected at home.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. In fact, I say it a lot, and I feel like I'm not quite getting it through to everybody yet in f three, you know, but like if you're not taking everything that we teach you out there about leadership, about the principles of the workout, even even things like you know, our third core values, that we are third core principles, that we work out outdoors no matter what rain sean doesn't matter, right, no matter what we're outdoors. That's just a thing. And every man has to just you know, assess his own risk and decide whether or not he wants to be there. Now, that's up to him. But but all those things that we teach you about becoming more durable, right, the fitness is functional fitness. I want to know that if I have to pick Bill up, I can, right. I want to know that, I mean, even down to something stupid, like if the plane is late and I got to carry all the bags and our family has to run to the next gate or something, right, I can do that. I'm strong enough to do that. I have the mental durability to do that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're not taking all of those things that we teach you home, then there isn't any point. There's any point the family is the basic building block of society. How the family goes, society goes, how the man in the family goes is how the family goes. And that's just facts.
Speaker 1: Great story, great work. Thanks for being here, Frank Schwartz our body, and thank you for joining us this week. If Frenk schwar Or has inspired you in general, or better yet, to take action by joining an F three workout, sharing this episode with men in your life who could benefit from it, leading more intentionally in your home or community, or something else entirely. Seriously, let me know about it. I'd love to hear about it. You can write me anytime at Bill at normalfolks dot us. If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor, share our friends, share it on social Subscribe to the podcast wherever you're watching or listening to it, Rate it, review it. Join the Army at normalfolks dot org. Join or start one of our local service clubs, Take the ten level challenge and buy our merch which we don't make any money on any and all of these things that will help us grow an army and normal folks. I'm Bill Cortney. Until next time, do what you can