Speaker 1: Hi everyone, and welcome back to Unfiltered, the JBL podcast, an iHeartRadio production in partnership with JBL. I'm your host, Betty Who. I'm so glad to have you here with me on this journey. I've gotten to talk to so many amazing people, and I really leave these conversations so inspired, so I hope you are too. I feel like I've spoken to some incredible young people, and today's conversation.
Speaker 2: Is absolutely no exception.
Speaker 1: Our guest today is not just an impressive athlete, but she is also.
Speaker 2: A literal Olympian.
Speaker 1: I am joined by Alona Ma, a professional rugby player who is unapologetic on and off the pitch.
Speaker 2: It's deeper than Winna lose though.
Speaker 1: Rugby helped Alona find the confidence in herself and her game, spreading her love for rugby, Alona documents the behind the scenes of her life as an elite athlete with her almost one million TikTok followers. Undeniably, Alona is a big personality and a powerhouse athlete.
Speaker 2: So why don't we get right into it? So, I'm so glad you're here.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions for you, obviously, but the first thing I want to kind of start with is Obviously it's I'm Australian, so I know all about rugby, but it's not a particularly American like cultured sport.
Speaker 2: So I want to know, like how you found it, or maybe how it found you.
Speaker 1: I know you played a bunch of different sports in high school, Like, tell me a little bit about how it all got started for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, my dad's actually a rugby guy.
Speaker 3: He's been playing like rugby for thirty years, but he always encouraged us to play so many other sports, so you know, whether it's softball, basketball, fiel, hockey, we just played all these sports because he saw the benefits of playing sports, especially in girls, and being in these team activities. So I played a lot of sports, and I think I was just kind of made to be an athlete, honestly, whether it's genetics or whatnot. You know, sports was my social life. It was my club and whatever sport I was in, that was my friend group. I didn't you know, I didn't wasn't cool, didn't really go to parties or anything like that. But I went to basketball games and then I tried out rugby and it like literally fit my body like a glove. Because it was just amazing mix of physicality that we don't see in a lot of women's games. And it's the same as men, which you know, it's like men and women are the same. And in other countries rugby is the shit, you know. In Australia, it's the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest. Yeah, it's literally massive.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean the Australian women's team just won the World Cup in sevens and they've done all these other things, and the thing that what they're doing for the sport is so impressive and so but they grew up playing rugby and I did it, so we all have a different way of thinking about it. So I love rugby and I think it can really it helps. It has helped me in my life, and I think it helped so many other people as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really appreciate that your dad was really like girls are boys, Like my kids are going to be athletes. It's like this is a part of my lifestyle and the thing that I love. Like, how much did you find when you were growing up, like how unusual was your sort of your family life and the choices that your parents made to sort of support that side of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it was unusual that the girls were playing sports. It was unusual in the way that he wanted us to be the best in sports. He always tells the story of like how I was pitching at a softball game once and I was pitching hard, and a dad on the other team, you know, yelled at me to slow my pitches down because I was pitching it too fast and none of the girls could hit it. And my dad was like, no, this is a fast pitch league. We're gonna pitch fast. This is what we're supposed to do. Because heck, I think a lot of times dads and men almost tone it down for their daughters. They automatically like, oh, well, it's my daughter, so she doesn't have to hit it as hard, she doesn't have to pitch it as fast, she doesn't have to run as fast. But my son's better be the strongest, the fastest out there. It didn't matter if it was a girl or boy coming out. Like my dad was, we're gonna be the best of what we do. And so the big thing I think I took away to like, never tone it down like him and my mom were, just like, if you're going to do just thing, be the best at it, and pitch it as fast as you can, throw it as hard as you can, run as fast as you can. And I think that's kind of what has led me to be the athlete that I am today, by having that confidence from your parents to be your best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so amazing. How much do you like because rugby is a very physical sport. Yeah, do you have like your recollection of the first time you're like on the field and you're starting to like get more into it and be like, oh, this feels good, Like what does that feel like.
Speaker 2: In your body?
Speaker 3: I think if from even all the other sports I played, I I feel like you coach that would joke that, you know, whenever I was on the field I would go through people to get the ball instead of around them. On basketball, I was always a power center and I would power through people. So it was always the thing I always wanted to do, but like never fully encouraged to do in sports I was playing kind of maybe in basketball for sure, I see, but it just is like so cool to go out there to be like truly praise and applauded for my size and like find a place where your size is like, oh we want this, because I mean, I feel like you feel a soccer field. I'm very big, and I'm like, oh, well you want to be probably thinner, move well, and whereas the rugby field, it's like they saw me and they were like, this is amazing, Yes, exactly what I want. And I think that's what's helped me as well. To grow into my confidence of the person I am is like finding a place that's really accepted me and being like, oh, no, you're perfect.
Speaker 4: You're the perfect the way you are. We want you on a.
Speaker 3: Field, you know, And to find that has like helped me tremendously and to translate my speed and power into something on the field is like just what I live for now.
Speaker 1: Genuinely sounds like rugby found you in that way where you're like, you come into this world where you're all of a sudden, like the things that you've been insecure about your entire life for all of a sudden, the whole reason and purpose that you're good at this thing like that must have felt so freeing and validating.
Speaker 4: Oh, it for sure does.
Speaker 3: And I think one thing that really helped was like I got into my couple of rugby teams. But then once I got into the USA team and some of my teammates on the USA team were like so cool and just the way that they view themselves that it is wow to be around other confident women because like it kind of rubs off on you in a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: It's empowering.
Speaker 3: And so like my teammates on USA were like a lot of them are big like me, and it was like cool to see this and be like, oh man, they're they're big like me.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like I have a place to see me in them as well.
Speaker 3: And you want to find your own confidence, but it's hard, and I think there is something to be said about somebody who has found their confidence, help you in your way so that you can find your combative and then help somebody else. I think it's kind of it can be effect and that's like something that I want to do as well, because having my teammates has helped me, and so I hope that I can now help others because of what they've done for me and what my mom's done for me and my sisters.
Speaker 1: So I love to hear that's also so perfect. Again, I love You're the perfect guest for the show, because the entire point of the show is to talk about like being yourself and trying to find how to live into the best parts of yourself and the person you were born to be. So it's so beautiful that you found this community. Like I think that's so special and awesome, and it sounds like you've really found I mean, I think what so many people spend their literal, entire lives searching for. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by responsibility. Like you say, it's really important to you to like show you know, you've seen how women can make you feel about yourself, and now you want to like try and kind of perpetuate that cycle of like showing little girls that they can be strong and different and all these things.
Speaker 2: Like do you ever feel pressure for that?
Speaker 1: Like for me, I'll have a bad day, right and then I I'll have to show up somewhere, and I'm like, it's really hard for me to be perceived right now, Like I'm having a tough time and I want to show up for you and be the person you want me to be. Like do you deal with pressure in that same way?
Speaker 4: I think one thing I deal with is like this idea of role model.
Speaker 3: Like everyone's like, oh, you're a role model, and I'm like ah, because it's a scary title because I think with role model they attach so many things, Like people think role models as perfect. They do all the best things, they say all the best things, they don't do anything wrong. So like that worries me because like, yeah, I hear like young girls who follow me, and I'm like, I love aspiring young girls, but like I am also a twenty six year old woman, yea who has all sorts of things going on in her life. So like I'm a role model in some senses. I'm a role model in that I've worked very hard. I've been to school, I got my master's, I'm a hard worker on the field. But then I'm not really role modeling that I also like to get drunk and have fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and by the way, that's fine, Like that shouldn't disqualify you from being a role model.
Speaker 2: You're being yourself and enjoying yourself.
Speaker 1: And I think that's maybe what's sometimes when you're put into this position of like you feel like you have to be actually really perfect yes for people to follow an example, and it's like no that I think maybe the reason you were you blew up on TikTok is because you're being yourself. Yeah, not because you're trying to be a version of yourself. That's the role model that cuts out all the bad stuff so that people don't see it.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, this is just who I am.
Speaker 3: Like here I am no for sure, And I think that's why I like, oh, yeah, I'm a role model in some ways, but also I am a human being and I make all these mistakes, so like that's sometimes feels the pressure, but like it's really just me being me, and I think people can genuinely see that at times.
Speaker 4: Have you ever gotten it where.
Speaker 2: People call it?
Speaker 3: You say you're unapologetically yourself? People ever say that to you?
Speaker 2: Yes, all the time.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: We're living, We're being unapologetic, we're being authentic, Sis, sir, that's what we're here to do.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what are all of you doing?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: I think that's a crazy observation you've just made, though, because so many people cannot be themselves and they have a built in apology. I've met people who walk into a room and they say, Hi, this is my name, and when they tell you their name. You're like, are you sure? Why do I feel like you're apologizing to me for you existing? Like, yeah, that sounds great, like cool for you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think it is much more common than I wish it was. Where I meet people who feel so whether it's that they've been made to feel shamed by other people or by society or by their community, where they just feel like they are looking for an outlet, they're looking for representation, looking for someone to reflect themselves back to them so they feel like they then have permission to be themselves, which I think is the thing that you're ultimately doing. Is no one gave you permission. You gave your self permission, and will no one ever gives anybody permission, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like people wait around their whole lives to be like, when is someone going to tell me that I can be amazing?
Speaker 2: It's like, no one is ever going to do that for you.
Speaker 4: You just got to do it, so.
Speaker 1: You're already doing that for yourself. And I think that people probably really react to that because they're like, you are all of these things right, You're not just this one dimensional, fake role model person who's like this is you know, I'm so perfect. You should follow me into the dark. You're like, here I am take it or leave it, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, cool vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people who feel like they don't have the space or ability to just be like this is who I am. World suck it like, must be so inspired and like shook by the fact that there are people out there who really can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always interesting all those people say it to me, Like to me, I'm like, I almost feel like it's a bad thing, Like I like it. I know what you mean though you know you because everyone says it, and you're like.
Speaker 1: What I have met in my life so many people who have so much self they are insecure about parts of themselves or have they hold hate inside themselves about themselves, and so when they see other people not holding that hate and going I love myself, Like you don't have to like me, I love me. I think it sometimes can be really confrontational in a good way when you're like cool, there are people who need to see this, But then for people who don't like to see it because they have so much hate in their heart about themselves, I think it's really painful to look out and into the world and see other people being themselves and not hating themselves, you know, and not carrying around all this shame.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think one thing that's really helped me it was kind of the realization where I was just like taking a look around and I was like, okay, wait a second. Everyone who I think is just the beasnys who's like beautiful, skinny, perfect, is actually also very insecure, oh my god, always like everybody.
Speaker 4: And that is what really helped me.
Speaker 3: Was like, Okay, men who I thought were the coolest, like they knew how to talk, their confident, and I was like, actually, they're insecure, so I think it's kind of a cool thing. Okay, well so I'm insecure. We're all insecure, so let's just be insecure. Yes, but like let's be ourselves because I think, like we just are so afraid of being a kid, but we don't realize that everybody's afraid of being that. So if we can just see one person actually being themselves again, the effect of like helping others.
Speaker 1: It's like a domino effect, right, you push it over and then all of a sudd and everybody else is like, wait, can I do that too?
Speaker 2: And you're like, yes, join me, ladies, join us, Sun damn please come.
Speaker 1: Well on Unfiltered at the JBL podcast after a quick break.
Speaker 2: And now back to the show.
Speaker 1: I do want to know what's the like pre game ritual, locker room vibe. I want to know, like is a music, like, what's your how are you in the zone? Paint a picture with your words, take me on a journey.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like to think of myself as the hype woman.
Speaker 2: I think of myself as the hype woman. Alona.
Speaker 1: Of course this is sick, but we can't go to a wedding together. We have big wedding energy. Do you know what I mean, big wedding energy. I'm always on OX two. I stay getting into fights with wedding DJs because I'm like, I know what these people need.
Speaker 2: We need to have a conversation about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we need some early two thousands percent.
Speaker 2: Please please play Beyonce, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like to get hype.
Speaker 3: I like to think I'm kind of a moodsetter for the team, and I think a lot of my teammates would agree on that.
Speaker 4: One thing I don't do is I don't really have any superstitions like.
Speaker 3: Oh I have to eat a bagel with cream cheese, or like wear the same pair of socks or something. Yes, I just think, like if I am banking my play on a pair of sox, that's not that's not it. It's not a pair of sox. What I eat is gonna change. So I try to not have any superstitions like that. I love that I could eat whatever I want the day of I could do this, I could wear that whatever. So that's like main thing. So that's why I try to get out of my head on game days. I always before a game will write in my notebook. I write everything, all these things I want to do in that. At the end of it, I'm like, just do your job. If you can just do your job, you'll be fine out there. And then I lead us out into the tunnel. That's something I really love to do. And then I like to just set the vibes very uplifting, because there's some people in my team who just like to sit. They don't say a word, they just put their headphones on. So like I let them do their things. But there's somebody who want another person to hype them up and play the song so I'm like constantly on my phone.
Speaker 2: Like what what do we need? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What tea pain song? Do they want to hear?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: You know? And then I just go out there and it's a very short game, fourteen minute games, so you just gotta be on doing your job for fourteen minutes and then you come out and you you got to relax, You gotta chill.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like I feel this sometimes too when I'm because if I'm in a good space right and I'm like, cool, I'm gonna be the one I'll carry this entire fucking team if I need to, Like I can have that energy as well on days where you don't have that, when you're like maybe heading out to do a game and you're like not feeling like the twenty five out of ten Alona is ready to like take responsibility for the whole team. Do you find that you still can like flip a switch and be there for other people and it kind of takes you out of it, or do you find that you're sort of like, I'm actually going to take a back seat, Like how do you show up for not only yourself but your team in this role when you're like not having best.
Speaker 3: Day I will say I think I take a back seat at times just because I feel emotions very outwardly. I would say, like if I'm sad, I'll show it outwardly. If I'm angry, I'll show it, And like that's the thing I want to get better at.
Speaker 4: Like if I've had a bad.
Speaker 3: Game before, I'll might even show it before the pre game and I'll be like changing up. So like that's even saying I need to work on. But like there have been times when I do take a back seat. But what I'm trying to get better at and it's constantly getting better is like, Okay, flush it. That's happened in the past, you need to bring it up whichever way it is. But I am somebody who feels things very deeply, and I'll show it very deeply. So if I'm not feeling it, I can't fake things. I can't fake I'm feeling. I think it's definitely hard, and I don't think I'm that good at it. I think I want to get better at it. So it's like it's very hard for me at times to take a back seat because like I can take a back seat and somebody else can be on Oxen trying to pump everyone, but I don't know if you'll fully.
Speaker 4: Pump me up.
Speaker 3: I think it's really I'm the one who gets myself say I'm the one who does all this, and that's something you know, I got to work with and I got to be able to. Okay, you know what, you're down, Like you're sad about losing your sad about how you played. Like you hear those emotions, you know it. But what's the action that you're going to take to fix that? Because we can have all the bad thoughts in the world, but it's like, what are we going to do about it action wise?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And how much like you know, you said, like cool, if we're winning, obviously I'm buying shots like it's a different of course, we're going for it, But like, how much does winning really mean to you? Is the competition like a huge part of what drives you? Or is it just about the time you're on the field and the life and the community.
Speaker 3: Winning drives me because winning means funding for my team, and winning means that we can continue doing what we want to do. I would love to be just playing rugby. Doesn't even care if I win or lose. If we could still keep playing rugby, but winning means that other young girls can come in and have this. Other young girls can be professional athletes one day, professional rugby players one day.
Speaker 4: So winning means so much more to me.
Speaker 3: And I think I for sure understand that because, like me, I've taken on this role of trying to grow rugby in the US, trying to grow rugby get other girls into it. So like winning is deeper to me. When we didn't win the World Cup, we didn't medal in the World Cup, like that was deeper because like I want us to win to get this funding so that we can continue having this program, continue to get girls in.
Speaker 4: So it's deeper for me than just win or lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I think makes it more meaningful than when you do win, because you're like you're fighting for something more. Maybe that's like something that is really meaningful as far as in sports, in competition, Like if it was all just you know, actually just a big game, it's like in the end, you're like it's a game, really, Like.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to want to play for something more.
Speaker 1: It sounds like I think your motivations are so strong because it's about servicing other young women you know, it's about yea providing space and community for this thing that you love so much and it's growing and you want to help grow it.
Speaker 2: So that's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a game, but like to me, it's so much more. And it's my life, it's my passion. So yeah, it's okay if you win or lose.
Speaker 4: No, I want to win. I want to win because it means a lot.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah it does. Okay, So pre warm up, you're on the aux. What's your favorite music? You know, I care music, that's my thing. What's your vibe before a game?
Speaker 3: Let me look at my quick turney playlist? So then oh yeah, turney playlist. I want the tourney playlist. I'm gonna make you texted to me. Okay, okay, Well, I personally love old some old songs.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm an oldies gal.
Speaker 3: Yes, nothing will get me more hype than that, to be honest, I got on here.
Speaker 4: How will I know?
Speaker 2: Whitney Houston excellent, excellent choice.
Speaker 4: Why I don't know? Waiting for tonight? Jennifer Lopez. I love Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 2: I love Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 4: I love with all my heart Alona.
Speaker 3: Should we go to a j Low concert. Yeah, have you been to a j Loo concert? I haven't, but she liked my post recently.
Speaker 1: No, but if you're listening, you can't see us, but we are silent because we are speechless because Jlo liked your post.
Speaker 2: What was the post?
Speaker 3: Well, in the Olympics, I said she was like my number one, and so she started like following me and like, I've never been happy in my life. I think she's so talented. I'm squealing for you everything she does. Jlo melted my face off when I saw her live.
Speaker 4: A performer and actress, a singer.
Speaker 1: She literally fucking does it all. A dancer, a dan's, a mom entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: You know what doesn't she do? But yeah, if there's a j Loo cotter coming up, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm putting this in our cal Okay.
Speaker 3: Perfect, I got fire burning. John kinkson Hot in Here, Nelly that always gets me hyped.
Speaker 1: Hot in Here, I feel I can see the team getting really jacked.
Speaker 2: Hot in Here is a team song.
Speaker 3: Yes, it really is. Let's get Loud again, Jlo nice.
Speaker 2: Let's get Loud is a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do I got? I got promiscuous? Oh, Damn, I have the Thong song on here.
Speaker 4: I don't really know why.
Speaker 2: Fuck guess I know why that song goes.
Speaker 3: This is how we do it. Nice work it, Miss Elliott, push it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna need this playletst this is a good playlist.
Speaker 3: This is send it to you. It's really just like whatever I want to listen to. And then I have a teammate who only likes listening to Drake. So like, after I've gotten in all of my she's like, hey, can we turn on any Drake song?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, literally, any Drake song? Cool? Okay, Okay, I got it. I got it.
Speaker 4: But I do take pride in being the vibe master. It's a tough job, but I do it.
Speaker 1: You sound like you were born for it. I think this is something we share. I like to be a vibe master as well.
Speaker 2: I do. I love this energy in us.
Speaker 1: I had a dream that if music failed me, I would start a business where I became like basically vibe master of weddings because I love weddings.
Speaker 2: I love love.
Speaker 1: I love it's like the best day of everybody's life. And I just like I love bringing the energy in a wedding.
Speaker 2: Any wedding.
Speaker 1: I go to like, I get the dance floor going, you know what I mean, It's like very I think we.
Speaker 2: Share this energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You saw me at the lead of their own premiere. You saw me tear it up that dance floor.
Speaker 4: I saw you.
Speaker 3: I was like, there wasn't even a dance floor of folks, It was just a patch of like artificial grass right in front of the made it a dance floor.
Speaker 4: She made it there with like one other one other person.
Speaker 1: It was just my best friend Sarah and I were like, this is going to be this is our night. We're dancing tonight. Everybody else is like mingling and being professional, and I was like sweating, burning a thousand calories on the dance floor.
Speaker 2: Yes, do it my thing.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that. I need to do that more as well.
Speaker 3: And I think again, people just want somebody to get it started, somebody who will get out there and do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: The thing that I really want to know, honestly, is what is like the thing that you could say is one of the number one things that helped you find the contentment and who you are, the ability to be that sort of like this is who I am. I'm really comfortable and to be twenty six and already be like so authentic and know yourself so well, Like how did you get there? How did you find this place that you're in right now?
Speaker 3: I think it's been a combo of thanks for sure, the Rugby, like I kind of all the things I was saying, like the Rugby just being so accepting of you as a person, as your body type, as a person, my family, for sure, Like I have such amazing sports as with my two sisters, my mom, and my dad, you know, being who I am here and then my team environment as well, for my USA team has really helped me out. And I think the number one thing is just realizing, like everyone is so unique, so different, and this world would be such a boring place if we were all the same. And I want other people to feel so confident to be themselves, so even if that means I have to. I have so many awkward situations. I get in, I say weird stuff, I do the wrong things. But out here being silly geese, oh just a silly goose sometimes quirky, quirky you might call it, but like to me, everyone is insecure and uncomfortable sometimes and like I am so much, but I'm like fuck it, Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna be that way, but I'm gonna be myself in that way, and I'm going to own up that I'm loud and.
Speaker 4: I say weird stuff sometimes and I love to do this and I love to watch this.
Speaker 3: So that's what's really helped me is to like take a look around and see that everyone is on the same boat, and like if someone can just take the step out, I think it helps a lot because I've seen the people who did that and how it's helped me, and I know I can help others.
Speaker 1: That's my last question for you, is like a piece of advice for people who are trying to find themselves and live into themselves a little bit more comfortably, like let go of any shame and fear about being themselves. Like what is your advice, especially the young women, because it sounds like that's who you're really trying to affect it and create a safer space for in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think, like.
Speaker 3: Really understand how perfect you are and how everything that you are is like exactly how it's supposed to be. Because we're all different, we're all unique and again, I see this all the time. It would be so boring if you're all the same, it would be so so boring. And yeah, a lot of people are going to like you. That's something I'm really trying to figure out because I want everybody to like me. I would love it if I was everyone's favorite person.
Speaker 4: But that's not the case, and.
Speaker 3: That's just not gonna happen because I don't like everybody, So why am I going to expect everyone like me?
Speaker 2: Totally? Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: So not everyone's gonna like you, But again, you're not for everybody, and really just yourself in the freeness that you can feel when you start just appreciating the little things about yourself and like appreciating what.
Speaker 4: Your body can do for you.
Speaker 3: That's the main thing I say, is like, you're not gonna love your body all the time, but if you can appreciate what it does for you, like, Okay, well it still wakes me up of the morning, it still takes me on walks, it still plays rugby for me.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's so freeing and everyone wants to be themselves. That's the thing. Everyone would love to be unapologetic to themselves. So if you can just step out and be yourself, yeah, not a lot people they are gonna vibe with it. But you've stepped out and you've done something so many people couldn't.
Speaker 1: Do well, and the people who do vibe like, sure, some people might not, yeah, but the people who do see you and vibe with you in your truest self are going to feel ten times more seen, ten times more represented, ten times more connected to you, which is like, especially for someone like you who really just values community and yeah, and you know, your favorite part about rugby is like the people you get to meet along the way. It's like that is so important and I think such a statement to live by. So I'm so inspired and grateful for your time. I could literally let's go to Jlo. Okay, all right, you let me know how out my arm you're twisting it. Fine, I guess I'll be there.
Speaker 4: I handwai.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you.
Speaker 1: I want to thank Alonam again for joining me today. Talk about being at the top of your game and man, oh man, do we have so many plans coming up now. I'm going to get this playlist going in the gym. We're going to go to Jennifer Lopez. You had it here first, Jrelo. If you're listening, that's it for today's episode, but join me again next week. We have a very special guest plan for our final episode, so you won't want to miss it, and don't forget to share thoughts with me on social or leave a rating and review for the podcast. Wherever you're listening, you can always find me on Instagram and Twitter at Betty Who, and on TikTok and YouTube at Betty Who Music.
Speaker 2: Catch you next time Unfiltered.
Speaker 1: The JBL podcast is produced by iHeartRadio in partnership with JBL. Our show is hosted by me Betty Who. Our executive producer is mollissha EP of post production is Matt Stillo. Our editor is Sierra Spream. This episode was written and produced by Sierra Kaiser. Special thanks to our friends at JBL Initiative and Donna