Speaker 1: What's up It Sauce on the side, episode thirty Huh, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven?
Speaker 1: Are you sure thirty seven was last week?
Speaker 2: Nope? Last week was thirty six according to a listener who DMed me.
Speaker 1: Why not just pull up the thing, Because, first of all, thank you, whichever listener that was that DMS, love you for that. I appreciate when people give a shit about stuff that we are trying to do. Okay, let's see, last week's episode was episode You're right the fuck it button was thirty six, so this is thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited about this one for a couple of reasons because this is a friend of mine from like way back in the day, and I love her very much, and she's doing something very different. She is a primary care physician, and she's sick of the healthcare system and the way things work, so she's branching out and doing something completely different. And by the way, this interview was recorded like a week or two ago, and she reached out to me yesterday and told me she's going to be doing something even more amazing and that it was a sign from us because she was listening to the show and she was like, Okay, I was looking first sign and that's it. I'll tell you what it is at the end of this. Okay, are you ready? Yes, it's doctor Kummel Core. She's a doctor. Specifically, what kind of doctor are you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Everyone, I am Board certified in family medicine and as of last year, I'm also now Board certified in lifestyle medicine.
Speaker 1: What is the name of your practice and where can we find?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: So, Thattice is called k Core MD. That's kkau R Space, MD, and I'm located in Coral Springs, Beautiful Coral Springs, Florida, Broward County, and you can visit our website kkau r md dot com. And I can also talk to you directly if you just call the office.
Speaker 1: One day and ask for you specifically.
Speaker 3: I'll probably be the one answering the phone.
Speaker 1: But yes, what is lifestyle medicine?
Speaker 3: Everybody knows a GP or a general practitioner or you know, primary care physician is usually an internal medicine physician or a family medicine physician.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you I don't think everyone knows that. Okay, you'd be.
Speaker 3: Very surprised, so I will probably take for granted that point. Then, So internal medicine physicians are trained to treat adults eighteen and over. Family medicine physicians are trained to treat from birth. To forgive me for saying this grave, so we handle the whole spectrum, or we're trained to handle the whole spectrum. I hate saying it that way, but that.
Speaker 1: People die, we know that, I know. We join goal is to keep them on the planet as long as possible and as healthy. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And then lifestyle medicine. So over the last several years, especially after COVID, we've had a huge influx of patients wanting natural remedies. They don't want to just go to medications anymore. They want to know how can I heal my body? How can I prevent disease without putting junk into it? Forgive me big pharma and causing potential side effects, et cetera, et cetera. So lifestyle medicine is based on six pillars, and we use those pillars and their evidence based approaches to prevent, treat, and manage chronic conditions. And they're really simple. Exercise, eat healthy, get enough sleep, avoid risky substance like alcohol and drugs, all the bad stuff. And social connections. That's a huge one that a lot of people don't understand that having meaningful social connections actually can alter your inside workings and your DNA to a certain extent. And then the last one is stress management.
Speaker 1: Those are all the hardest things to get a hold of. Every single thing that you said, sleep more. I would love to. I wake up at three thirty of the morning every day, and if I go to bed at eight o'clock, I feel like I've missed the entire night before, which it is my job than the next day to talk about that entire night before. But there are a lot of things that we all need to be doing. We talk about all the time on the show, On the Big Show, Actually, how loneliness is an epidemic. If you are lonely, it really is taking a physical toll on your health.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely. And even though we're so connected in so many ways with technology now, we have never been more lonely as a society. And I can't speak for every country, of course, but definitely in the United States, most of Northern America, if not, we're not really meant to live in isolation and be away from others, and you know, we feed off of energy of others. Vibes are a thing feeding off of you know, your neighbor's energy, your friends' energies. That's a very very important part of your overall health.
Speaker 1: So I started this out by saying, I'm fascinated by something that you're doing or what you've done. I would like you to tell it in your own words versus me. Try to say it. I'm going to give the thesis statement and then you fill it in. So essentially, you're part of a practice. Yes, yes, you decided that practice wasn't for you based on a lot of things like maybe you weren't able to give your patients the care that you wanted to give them, maybe insurance got in the way of the care that you wanted to provide. Absolutely, and you basically said fuck it, I'm leaving, and you broke off on your own so that you can take care of patients the way you want to take care of patients for as long as you want to take care of them, and you're doing something completely new all by yourself. Yes, Okay, what did I miss there?
Speaker 3: Absolutely nothing?
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh my god, I did such a good job. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you did you pretty much? You know, nailed it. Long story short. I have been wanting to be a physician since I can remember. I remember as a four or five year old having one of those little doctors set, which maybe you can relate to. This isn't unusual coming from an Indian background, It.
Speaker 1: Sure is not.
Speaker 3: I think all Indian parents just hand their kids the little play doctor's kit in the hopes that you know you're going to grow up and do this one day.
Speaker 1: Here's your coat in your fake stethoscope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's all I can remember. There was never a plan, B, a plan see. No, no, this is what I'm going to do. This is my calling. I lost my father and my second year of medical school, took a year off, handled a bunch of not school stuff, family business. My grieving mom pushed my grieving to the side. It was a tough time, and then I had to ask myself what do I want to do with the rest of my life? And I went back into school. Finally, I graduate and I get out into the real world and I land my dream job, which was to work at Cleveland Clinic. Because it is such a prestigious organization. I wanted to be part of their academics, their research, and I just wanted to be in it all and absorbed.
Speaker 1: You're so Indian. I love this so much.
Speaker 3: This is so great, and I wanted to be absorbed by all of it. So here I am at Cleveland Clinic. Years later, I'm practicing. I'm so excited, bright eyed, bushy tailed, and doing what I always dreamed of. I couldn't have been more blessed. And then as the rose colored glasses started to come off, I started to see the system for what it was. And this is not a knock on Cleveland Clinic itself. It is a great organization. It is more reflective of the healthcare system in general. Having a primary care physician is knowing that you have somebody in your corner when you need them when you're sick, right as that's what you want.
Speaker 1: To believe exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you as a doctor have that responsibility to get to know your patients, to really get to know their personal life and their diseases and how to keep them healthy. That's what we're here for. But when you see twenty to thirty patients a day and you spend less than ten minutes per person, you're supposed to develop any kind of meaningful relationship. I mean, honestly, I felt like shit when I had to tell my patients, Oh, we can't talk about all your problems today. We can only talk about one. You're gonna have to come back next week or whenever the hell for the next problem.
Speaker 1: Which it could be bigger by that point, exactly.
Speaker 3: How horrible is that? And I'm like, this is not what I dreamt as a kid that I would be doing like this rush Rush medicine a factory. It's a factory. It's a factory, and patients are cattle.
Speaker 1: And it's horrible.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely horrible. Nobody should be treated that way. I don't want to be treated that way. So I left that organization. And then I was hired by another organization in South Florida to lead their transformation into telemedicine. And this was right before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: So, oh, you got ahead of the curve. I did.
Speaker 3: I did, and I again hashtag blessed because I was in the right place at the right time, completely catapult in my career. I made great connections, I learned a lot, so I was growing as a physician, which was most exciting to me. And then I got put back into the same rigamarole because of the needs. They opened up a new office and needed a primary there, and I was like, I love doing this, so why not you know? But then I realize, Man, this is the same shit, different day, and even they know that this is wrong, but they're bound by certain handcuffs to not do it any other way. Then that's when I decided, what am I doing with my life? This is not how I want to be treating patients. I go home really pissed off every day because I couldn't talk to missus Smith about everything that I needed to talk about. Honestly, for like an elderly patient, that's pretty fucked up, very much, SLF. You want to take care of them like you're taking care of your grandma. I wouldn't do that to my grandma. Why am I doing it to Missus Smith?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: That's an example, by the way, that's not a real.
Speaker 1: Person, right, because we all know this exactly. Actually I don't know that we all know this again back to the first point. But yeah, no violating hippie here.
Speaker 3: As a lot of people may or may not know, doctors are leaving by the droves because we're being burnt out. We're being forced to practice medicine in a way that is not conducive to optimizing patience health care. And it's just it's really really disheartening.
Speaker 1: It's actually terrifying.
Speaker 3: It is because I mean, for instance, all of us in this room right now, we're all under fifty, and who's going to take care of us when we're older? Right if people are leaving the profession, and people are not going into the profession. And I said, you know what, fuck it, I'm going to take a risk, and this is my last shot, and God forbid, if this doesn't work out, we're just going to pack up and move to Bangkok or something like excellent.
Speaker 1: Choice, very well priced.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I decided to open up my office, my practice, and I'm the only physician there because I'm the only one that I trust to take care of patients the way I do. Not that I'm the smartest cookie in the jar, but I fucking care. And so with this practice, it is a direct primary care practice, and a lot of physicians are going into this because we are unshackling from the handcuffs of insurance and of government regulations, and we're really trying to treat patients.
Speaker 1: Like the old days.
Speaker 3: The way I treat my patients is they come into my office and we're there for however long they want to be there or need to be there. I should say, we do what we need to do for them. They have my cell phone number, they call me. I answer. And a lot of individuals are kind of familiar with this model because they know it as concierge medicine. But what sets us apart from concierge medicine is and concierge medicine when you go to see the doctor, you're paying that monthly fee or that retainer on a yearly basis.
Speaker 1: Can you give me an approximation of what that Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it depends on what part of the country you are. But I'm in South Florida and it could be anywhere from five to fifteen thousand, depending on a month.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, No, a year. Oh, I was like, holy god, a year.
Speaker 3: And these are great physicians, but they're not. They're not neurosurgeons. They're not somebody who requires a heck of a lot more training than what we primaries do. They're there's nothing extra about them except that they're probably more seasoned. So they have more wisdom under their belt. And that's great point is we try to keep our rates affordable. And the other thing that sets us apart from concierge medicine is that concierge medicine physicians still charge your insurance. So when you go in, you're still paying copey, you're still subject to your deductible, so you're getting bills. Forgive me for saying it like this from both ends. Honestly, we don't do that. We're kind of like Netflix or the gym or a country club. You pay one monthly fee and all your services are in there. And then if you do have insurance and we need to do like extra blood work or we need to do X rays or have you see a cardiologists, then that can run through your insurance. But for your primary it's a direct relationship. You need me, I'm there.
Speaker 1: That's it. So somebody could essentially come to you not have any insurance at all, just pay your monthly fee whatever it is, and get all of the care that you would give somebody. As far as being a primary care physician general practitioner, yep, what if they do not have insurance and they need to go to another specialist. Then they're coming out of pocket for that.
Speaker 3: Generally they are coming out of pocket for that. What I try to do is, honestly, I've tried to develop community relationships with physicians who understand the importance of giving care the way that we give it, but also that a lot of patients don't have insurance and that shouldn't be a barrier to getting good care. So a lot of specialists will give my patients a discounted rate or get them in as soon as possible. They'll figure it out, there's payment plans, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I really really.
Speaker 3: Want to emphasize that if you don't have insurance. I would hate for anybody to think, oh, I can't get good care because I don't have insurance.
Speaker 1: Now do you have people on your team who will help someone out that comes to you without insurance and says, I need these things done. I don't even know where to go because it's a game. You have people who will help with that. Yep.
Speaker 3: It's a very complex healthcare system, whether you have insurance or not. To navigate it to figure it out, I mean shit, sometimes even I'm like, wait, what are we supposed to be doing? And you know, what makes it complex is the insurance company.
Speaker 1: Of course they're the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you have to do X, Y and Z in order to get the care that you need, even though you need that care. Now, it's a whole fucking game. It's ridiculous. But back to your point about the no patients without insurance, we will make efforts to try to connect them to services that are reasonably priced.
Speaker 1: So in a dream world, let's say fast forward five years from now, ten years from now, what does your practice look like? Is it still just you? Do you want a network?
Speaker 3: I think as this phenomenon of direct care grows, there will be more and more physicians that will come into it. Me in my four walls in my practice, I honestly don't foresee bringing on any other doctors or any other care providers. I like having my little intimate environment. I like having when my patients come in, they feel like VIP because they're the only patient in the office. There's not fifty million people running around. It's a very calm environment, and you know, they feel special and they feel taken care of. I feel like if I were to expand my four walls, that feeling goes away, and then it's more like a clinic. And I know I'm a doctor and it is a clinic, And even my husband will tell you this. When I was remodeling it, I was trying to make it as non clinical as possible, not like totally spa like, but a little bit.
Speaker 1: It looks very spall like, Yes, thank you. So when you say that a patient can come in they schedule an appointment with you, you're just focused on them. They can stay there as long as they need to. How does that work with scheduling, because at some point you've got to have more than one appointment in a day. Do you wait as long as you wait in other places?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. So my patients will know. Because it's a membership program. It's kind of like not that we have a finite number of patients, but we know who we service, right and since we're so personal and one on one with them, we can just pick up the phone and say, hey, missus Smith, I know you're coming in at ten, but I have someone coming in at nine and I just don't want you guys to overlap, So how about you come in at ten thirty instead? So when they're actually in the office, they're not waiting for more than literally two minutes. You knock on the door, you walk in, and it's like, oh, okay, hey, let me sit in the living room for a second before I get taken back into the dining room to eat, you know, like, it's not it's not people waiting out in the living in the lobby type of situation. The main thing that we do with scheduling is I don't schedule more than three to five patients in a day because I want personally to have at least an hour and a half per patient. So even if I see the patient for like fifteen minutes, because that's all they needed from me, then I can spend the rest of the time working on scheduling them for their follow up visits, coordinating their care with their specialists, or getting the records from the specialist so I could read what their cardiologists is saying and we can all be on the same page.
Speaker 1: So stuff like that. How is it going so far?
Speaker 3: Because this is horribly horribly Why because people don't believe me?
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's what I'm gonna say about that. It is a wild concept, I think for anybody to think about what do I do as far as joining what you say, it's a membership program, which in itself sounds a little salesy sounds. We got to come up with a better name for this, because even though you have to have a membership for it, when you pitch it that way to somebody, they're going to be like, oh, this is just a doctor trying to make more money off of me, which the opposite is actually true, not.
Speaker 3: Making any money. People, I promise you, I promise you.
Speaker 1: If you don't join now, she's gonna be poor. But I think that there's a lot that goes into this and people just don't know about. Yeah, as far as is this really a doctor? Is this person really gonna take care of me? Do I really have the ability to see her without insurance? So you're saying it's going horribly for you? Now, is it just patient enrollment or is it anything else?
Speaker 3: No, it's patient enrollment because when I talk to other physicians about it.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is not an ad. She has not paid for any of this. This is just something that I thought was cool and I thought we should talk about it continue.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, most people with whom I talk they're like, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, you know this is my first thought. Yeah, future of healthcare.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, can you do it in New York? And you said no, But that's fine.
Speaker 3: I'd have to move or clone myself, which ever comes first. Okay, but yeah, people, I think when I'm pitching it to patients and I'm not a salesperson.
Speaker 1: And this is thank god. I don't want my doctor to be a sales This is.
Speaker 3: The most horrible part of this whole process is I have to be that sleazy hey, come see me, and.
Speaker 1: You don't hire other people to do it, hire a team to do it for you. Well, you know what I tried that.
Speaker 3: I have hired and fired three marketing and PR firms in the six months that I've been in business.
Speaker 1: And are you like a bosszilla? No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I would absolutely love to find somebody who I trust to do their job and be like, Okay, hear your fees, here's the check for your work.
Speaker 1: Have at it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to see patients because that's what I do best. You know, I don't want to be in every little aspect if I don't need to be, and that, unfortunately has been difficult, probably because this is a new concept, and I understand that. But at the same time, I came to the realization that my best pitch is me. I answer the phone and patients call yeah because I want to talk to them, and I answer their questions. That adds to the Hey, this is what we're really trying to do. But one of the biggest things that I encounter is people thinking it's a scam because we're in South.
Speaker 1: Florida and everything is a scam everything. Ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're a medicare, We're a medical fraud capital. So I understand at least they're the best at something. And then they're like, are you a real doctor? And I'm like, doctors aren't We don't boast, We don't.
Speaker 1: Don't know. I've met some surgeons like to boast a little bit, and I know it's a different breed. That's a different breed.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm double board certified. I've worked at some pretastigious organizations. I've published research that has been successful in cancer treatments. I host a show on PBS, a medical show every week, so it's like I've done stuff. I'm a real doctor.
Speaker 1: Well you know where that's coming from, right, Because Thank you COVID. We moved into this really weird time where people who didn't even pass science class, and you know who those people were, who think that they're doctors because they're googling things and you know, Google's telling them, Hey, that vaccine is going to poison you and you're gonna die. So then they don't want to take the vaccine because they think they know better because the Internet told them so. So you're up against a lot of that, which is why I'm sure there is a question are you a real doctor? And again your South Florida, So yeah, that will happen. Is that difficult for you? All these people who now are armed with their Google knowledge coming to you and telling you you're not doing your job right, or they come with preconceived notions of what needs to happen.
Speaker 3: You know what, I look at it from a different perspective. I love my patients to be educated about what they're coming in for, so you know if and I've learned from patients too, because no physician knows at all, there's always something to learn, and everybody's case is individual, so what works for one person doesn't work for the other. And then if it gets to a certain point where they're like, well, I don't believe what you and your twenty million years of training are saying. I believe what you know so and so is saying on TikTok or Instagram or you know, doesn't Yeah, And I say, well, if that's how you feel. At the end of the day, I'm here to guide you and educate you. And it's your body. You do what makes you happy? You do you boo, because that's what are we going to do.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna ask you a couple controversial questions. Sure, vaccines. Do we agree with the vaccines?
Speaker 3: Wish vaccines? Are we talking about? Now?
Speaker 1: Are there vaccines you don't agree with? No, there aren't.
Speaker 3: That being said, I'm a scientist at heart. I would like a little bit more information as far as going into well, not at this point in time, but in the very very beginning, I would have liked more information given to us about the COVID vaccines and exactly you know, what went down, how it happened, how all of a sudden we have the technology that we didn't have years before, or access to it, blah blah blah, all those things. But fast forward to now, I think we're in a much better place. So I am much more comfortable in my gut.
Speaker 1: Anytime somebody is sick in the comment section. I say this because it happens to me personally. It is I bet you got the vaccine. I bet they got the vaccine. What are your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to try to separate the doctor from the person here.
Speaker 1: You don't have to if you don't want to, but okay.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to do, so I'm just going to go with it. The vaccine, the virus itself, it's very, very inflammatory. That's one aspect of it. The other aspect of it, we as a society and as a human race are getting less and less healthy because we have access to not good food. We're not exercising, we're not sleeping.
Speaker 1: Well, you're looking right at me.
Speaker 3: We're stressed all as fuck. You're looking right at So at baseline we are unhealthy. So that vaccine's you know, whatever inflammatory responses that we're promoted. And then you have a baseline unhealthy person. That's a bad mixture. So if you are, say a twenty year old that has no problems and is completely healthy, and you're like, I don't want to get the vaccine because of X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: That was kind of me.
Speaker 3: I wasn't twenty, I was in my thirties, but I was completely healthy. I didn't get the vaccine. I got sick and I had a shit year recovering from COVID. That was not fun. So when I got better and I could, I went ahead and I got the vaccine. If you're in your sixties and you have asthma, or you're diabetic, or those are no brainers, you should be getting the vaccine or I shouldn't say should again not try to impose anything, but we highly recommend that you get the vaccine because getting COVID can be very detrimental for you.
Speaker 1: I just so you know, I believe most people want their doctors to tell them what they should do. I don't think that you're saying anything incorrectly from a doctor's perspective saying you should do this. It's your professional opinion. You went to school. I didn't go to school, So I'm coming to you for that advice. If people have a problem with that, it's a little weird, but I know we live in a weird time. One of the things that I am in trusted in and I clearly I'm a lay person asking this question. There's a lot of stuff that's happening clearly post COVID. It could be post vaccines. It could also be COVID. I got the vaccine, and I got COVID twice, And did I GAD twice or three to twice the third time is debatable. I kept testing negative, but in my head, I was like, this is just like the last few times I got COVID with that vaccine. Knock on wood, it was so mild. I thought I had allergies both times. That's what I thought it was both times. Still, if something were to happen to me, because I did get really sick like a year ago, I don't attribute that to the vaccine. I don't attribute that to COVID. There are a lot of things that people are saying happened. I believe my doctors. I want to trust them. There was a team from a great hospital, Hackensack, we love you. Things could happen just because you had COVID as well. Right, it's not necessarily just a vaccine that did this. It could be effects that we're seeing from actually having gotten COVID, maybe from not having gotten that vaccine and having a bad case of it.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's a lot to be said because there's so many variables. There are so many variables that we just are unaware of. That's the big thing, right, You fear what you don't know, and there's a lot that we don't know. There are people walking around that got the vaccine I'm sorry, got the virus, got the actual infection, but didn't show any overt symptoms, so they weren't.
Speaker 1: Y Yeah, we're convinced one of them works here and he's like patient zero for everything. Diamond am I right, And.
Speaker 3: It's very very possible. Now, just because that individual didn't show any symptoms doesn't mean there wasn't shit going on in the body, right, doesn't mean you know, there were changes happening, there was inflammation happening, so that the next time the body was exposed to either the virus or to the vaccine or whatever, that that wasn't enhanced. It is not one hundred percent valid to say the statement, oh, this was caused by the vaccine, or this was caused by the virus itself, the infection.
Speaker 1: We don't know what. We don't know exactly. There's a lot that we still don't know so much. Every day there's stuff that you don't know because I think that a big part of this is we live in a society where you and just again google anything and get an answer to it. So when something happens and there isn't an answer, people are outraged and they're livid and they want to call everybody else stupid for not having an answer, while those people are actively working on getting it. Things change. Information changes. Just because something changed from day one today three hundred and sixty five doesn't mean you were lied to. No, it means that's the information we had at the time. Now this is the information.
Speaker 3: That is Can we like underline bold and highlight that statement of yours because that is so so correct. People were giving us so much shit for well, yesterday you said this, and now you're saying this, and it's like, no, we're not flip flopping an opinion. This is based on the medical data that we have to go off of. Medicine changes every five to seven major guidelines I should say change every five to seven years, depending on what the preceding research shows. So that happens for blood pressure, that happens for diabetes. I mean heck, that happens for like how we treat skin rash. Like, some things just change because we come to see that. You know, there's more data that we can analyze and we get different set of results. But when it came to COVID, I think it was just enhanced because it was a pandemic. People were nutty, rightfully, so sometimes.
Speaker 1: It immediately became political.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody was scared. I mean, I think the worst thing that happened was the whole science was put on the back burner and politics was full. And I'm like, wait, what the hell we're scientists, Why the fuck what? Yeah, none of us understood what was going on. None of us physicians, i should say, ethical sound practice physicians understood what the fuck is going on.
Speaker 1: It was chaos. Give people some very easy, doable advice on how you can fix your health or start to fix your health right now.
Speaker 3: This is all going to be easier said than done. It's six yes, it is. It's a work in progress. Heck, I'm still working on it. Eat healthier, Try to avoid processed foods. It's cheesy, but if Mother Earth didn't make it, try not to eat it. We live in a society that that is very difficult to do. And I understand, and I understand. You know, apples and fruits and vegetables are expensive, and you know there's so many variables fighting against you to eat healthy. Just take it slow and try to avoid those processed foods and just eat a little bit better, be more mindful, move it, move your butt. Exercise. If you don't exercise, there's so much that you're predisposing your body too. There's so many health risks. I'm not going to get into them, obviously, but it's bad stuff. At least thirty minutes a day, cut off everything, cut off technologies, go for a walk. It doesn't have to be you know, I'm in the gym and I'm like weightlifting and I'm bench pressing two hundred pounds. Nope, don't go from zero to one hundred. Just even starting to walk a little bit every day. If you're not doing anything. To begin with, sleep, yeah, yeah, yeah, when you're when you're sleeping, you may think, hey, i'm sleeping, everything's off. No, there's so much stuff going on in your body. Things are firing at all cylinders to try to get you healthy, to try to restore your mechanisms and improve your energy and all this shit for the next day. So please, please, please try to get at least seven hours of sleep nightly.
Speaker 1: The seven hours of sleep doesn't have to be all at once. Can I split it up? No, I can't split it up. No, I've read that I could.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Okay, all time, yes, yes, lah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: And this isn't doctor cor saying that this is the American Academy of Sleep and all those other big ways. Okay, years of research ship shown anyways, at least seven hours okay, Make meaningful relationships, you know, connect with people.
Speaker 1: I think that's the hardest one. That is that you say it is.
Speaker 3: It probably is. But you know, even if you have just that one person could be a family member, spouse, a friend, just somebody to vent to, to talk to, to laugh with. You know, it's very important. Please don't do drugs. Please don't smoke. Please don't put anything in your body.
Speaker 1: You're counting marijuana though it's legal now as a drug. Yes, okay, as you should, No, you should. I'm asking these questions for a reason. By the way, she's probably laughing because when she was doing a really good job in our science classes, I was skipping with Kyle to go smoke.
Speaker 3: So yes, please, And you know, let me say that that also includes alcohol. A lot of people dismiss alcohol as a drug. They think, oh, she's talking about you know, cocaine, marijuana and all those all those things. No, talking about alcohol too. And I know studies in the past had shown that six ounces of red wine for women and eight ounces of red wine for men at night actually promote cardiovascular health.
Speaker 1: And blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: No, at the end of the day, alcohol is alcohol. It is toxic to your body. It's excess sugar. Let's minimize that. Oh stress, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: That might be the hardest one. Actually stress.
Speaker 3: We're all under some kind of stress, right, But find at least fifteen to thirty minutes in your day where you just shut down. Meditation is really good. But I know we can't all do it. Heck, I can't do it. I tried like three times and failed miserably. Do whatever relaxes you that doesn't involve alcohol.
Speaker 1: Okay, last question for you. Of those six pillars, which one do you struggle with the most?
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 1: Same food? Actually all six? What am I talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm not a big sweets person, I'd rather have like a twenty ounce rabbi over a cheesecake, which they're both bad in their own way, but I'm sugar is very addictive. Foods are addictive, So yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that you want to add before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: I just want people to know that there is a better way to get your primary care. I know insurances are important for a lot of things. I don't want to completely bad mouth them, because when you're in the hospital, I mean one hundred to two hundred thousand dollars bills, who's going to put that bill right? It's going to be the insurance company. But for your regular day to day primary care, you don't need to go to your insurance based physicians. They're great physicians, but they're bound by the rules and restrictions of the insurance companies that they work for. And I say that they work for them because as physicians, you contract with an insurance company and that insurance company tells you what you need to do in order to get reimbursed. So that's essentially an employer. And yes, we are board certified physicians who are allowed to practice medicine, and we are credible.
Speaker 1: Board certified physicians very important. Yes, when finding a doctor.
Speaker 3: I know it's daunting to ask people to just give me their credit card and let's sign you up. So what we offer patients to do is because we want people to be comfortable. Your primary care position somebody that you should have a personable relationship with that you feel comfortable sitting down and talking about all your health issues with. Right, So we invite people to come in for a meet and greet. It's completely complimentary, free, and they come into the office, they tour the office so they see, oh, I'm in here. I actually feel like a VIPM the only person. Everything I have has a little bit of a finer touch to you. You just feel special, you know. And then you come and you talk to me and you tell me what is it that you expect from your primary care physician and can I fulfill those expectations? And then vice versa. I ask you, hey, as a patient, what is it that you're looking for? And am I comfortable providing that to you? And it's kind of like a first date with your doctor. And if you like what you hear, see and you know, learn about, then we sign you up. And if not. Then we guide you to somewhere that you would be more comfortable.
Speaker 1: You're probably going to have a lot of men being like someone say a first date with a doctor, Sign me up, she's married. Now they know that if they didn't before. Perfect. All right, one more time, drop your location and how they can get a hold of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, So it is k core MD in Coral Springs, Florida, and our phone numbers ninety five four nine four seven zero three two seven. The website is www dot kka U r MD dot com.
Speaker 1: One piece of advice for you. Nobody remembers phone numbers or writes some down anymore. That's true. So when you are telling people, we laugh about this all the time. When they give us copy and they're like call blah blah blah. I'm like, these people are in their car, They're not out their phone writing that down.
Speaker 3: I never thought about that.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Websites, website, website, hit it. If you have an Instagram, hit it the instagram. Yes you do. You want to see her office? It looks like a spa.
Speaker 3: Where can they find it at doctor kka U r m D.
Speaker 1: There you go, yep. I think you'll get more traffic that way. Hey, yay, thank you so much for coming. Thank you all the way to New York just to do this podcast well and have a good time.
Speaker 3: I was very, very excited to come, not only to do the podcast, but to kind of see you living your dream.
Speaker 1: I mean I was talking out my dream. Well no, I'm just kidding it totally is. I love it. This is amazing. No, it's great.
Speaker 3: I mean who would have thought, right, Yeah, And I'm so glad because we don't come from a culture that really promotes people doing things outside of the box. So I am so happy for you.
Speaker 1: Well, please know from outside of the box. I am clapping for you inside of the box. And I think what you're doing is awesome. I'm really really proud of you. Thank you all right, thank you. Okay. So the thing that she wants to do now, I don't even know if I should say, actually, you know what, I'm not gonna say it because until she locks it in, I don't want to tip her hat and then maybe somebody else slides in and does it. But trust me, when she does it, I will tell everyone because it would be awesome and it would impact me personally, So I would love that. Yeah. Anyway, Oh, that's exciting. I'm excited for it. I love everything that has to do with health care and helping people to better handle their own health care and medical issues. And we know how fucked this country is when it comes to healthcare, and a lot of people are like you say that you you want socialized healthcare like other countries. No, I just want our country to not suck at it. Yep, hello, hello, it's probably not that difficult. It used to not suck at it. It has started to suck at it. But is that getting political or people gonna bitch about that?
Speaker 2: I don't know who cares you? Right, Yolo?
Speaker 1: It's political season, baby, Oh, I'm so excited. It's my favorite happening, favorite, is it? Yes? Why the fall? Okay, so the fall or political.
Speaker 2: Political season is a part of it. So it's number one my birthday. But you have football starting. Baseball is getting serious. Basketball will be here by the end of October, depending on the season, right, I think they do September. Now I get confused. Uh, politicians are losing it right now, and so it's the rest of the country.
Speaker 1: You're just alongside with them.
Speaker 2: And then you just know that you're going to be able to hang out with family soon. So it just it feels good and the weather feels good. It's just my favorite time of the year.
Speaker 1: Is good time of the year. I appreciate it too. What I hate, which I've said this on the air, is everybody trying to rush to the next thing. Like we're in summer and people are like counting down the fall. Can you just fucking enjoy summer? Can you just enjoy the summer because fall is gonna get here at some point and then you can enjoy the fall. Now you got Danielle counting down to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm like, damn it, woman, that's insane. We need to be present, be in the here, be here now. It's no be in the now, be here now, be in the here.
Speaker 2: What is that.
Speaker 1: I really tried for something I failed? Oh my god, how was your weekend?
Speaker 2: It was gonna spend time with my aunt. People give me crap. They say I'm supposed to say aunt, and.
Speaker 1: I say aunts and auntie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a un t and aunt is something that you step on right well, or should it be you don't step on.
Speaker 1: It, but hunt hunt, because like see unt is oh oh, I never thought, okay, whatever, I like Aunt. I've always called people auntie and aunt. I think I may be a very cultural thing, maybe, right, Aunt Susan I always say Susan Auntie.
Speaker 2: Like anyway, Okay, it was great. And then I went to church with my grandfather yesterday. It was interesting, but it was cool.
Speaker 1: An episcopal church, yes, or as Scary would say, episcopical, Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: It was intense.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know the differences. So what was intense about it?
Speaker 2: The main thing is that number one, you have to stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down.
Speaker 1: I was like okay.
Speaker 2: But then when they're reading the Word of God, they kind of like sing it. So they're like, i'll have Father art in heaven, hallow be thy name. And I'm like, hold on now, babes, what if you don't know the song? No, it's the scripture, so you're reading, but what if you don't know the notes? Oh? I think they just like it's just like a hum. And I was like, okay, okay, what's going on here? And I kept looking at my dad. I'm like, you were raised in this church. This is probably why you don't come, do you?
Speaker 1: Go to church regular.
Speaker 2: No, okay, I mean like I was raised in like I like to say, the church atmosphere, because I went to like Christian schools growing up, and we had to go to like church every morning. Yeah, and so like we did like daily devotions and we did praise and worship and it was fun. You know.
Speaker 1: He was a private school your whole life.
Speaker 2: Well, no, not for high school.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I was about to be very I'm still very surprised. Come on. I went to church a few times with friends and it didn't really work out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I went to like a Sunday school once. My sister and I both went and she asked a question and they asked us to leave, which I'm sure the church has changed since then and they're a little more open minded. They were really mad in her question. Valid question, by the way, we were little well with a friend. Her question was, so apparently Adam was made from the dust, right, but then Eve was made from Adam's rib. And my sister was like, I don't understand that, because if there was so much other dirt and dust around, why wouldn't they just ended it from the same because they're equal. And we were asked to leave the class rude. By the way, my sister had a point, should I be? And she was a little kid thinking that way she was little, she had to be like, six.
Speaker 2: You're not the only ones. I have a friend who was His parents were called to get him, like pick him up from Sunday school because he asked I can't remember the question, but he challenged the Sunday school teacher and she got upset. Instead of like actually trying to have a conversation or saying, hey, listen, I'm not sure we're looking to it. I'll come back whatever, she got upset and called his parents that's insane, and he had to sit upstairs with the big kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you anything, whether it's a relationship, it's a religion, whatever, If it discourages questions, yeah, get the fuck out of there, because that's crazy. You should be able to ask questions and if there's an answer, think about it. But to just be like, don't don't you dare question that? That's crazy, that's fucking wild. Can't Oh yeah, escort it out of the fucking.
Speaker 2: That though, Like there's so much more dirt, So I'm like, why do you have to take his rib right, it's hilarious, nonsensible.
Speaker 1: Also, don't get me started on black Jesus or brown Jesus whatever. That caused a lot of controversy in my life too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't understand that. But then I also grew up in like like black churches and stuff, so like.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have black Jesus? Of course, Oh, thank god, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Okay, skin of bronze, hair of wool, Come on, you can't, I mean whatever. I was just like arguing with people. I know, I'm not gonna argue with you about it, but like people who are listening.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest arguments I got into with one of my best friends in the whole world was about that because he's black and his family obviously black, but they have white Jesus in the house. And the way that I was raised, it was like a no brainer that Jesus was not white. Yeah, if you just look at the region, if you look at the description, you know, Bethlehem's and Palestine, it's a brown person. Yep, Like you said, skin of bronze, hair of wool. So I just kind of always thought it was that way, and my dad was like, yeah, you know, white people want to make it white and that's okay, but whatever, Jesus was not white. And I asked my friend, why do you guys have white Jesus? And WHOA? To this day, he won't talk to me about it. What Yeah, And I'm like, come on, man, to this day, to this day, I don't talk about I don't want talk about it. Yeah, I want to talk about it. I said, Okay, whatever works for you. I'm not trying to fight. I don't want to fight you to death on this. I actually debating religion with people is never a good good thing. People want to have what they want to have, and that's fine. Man. If I want to get in a fight with him today, I still bring that up.
Speaker 2: White Jesus is crazy? Like how and as a black person?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, okay, cheers. I'll leave that right there. Okay. If people want to come find you, Diamond, where will they find you?
Speaker 2: At?
Speaker 1: Diamond?
Speaker 2: Sincere on Instagram?
Speaker 1: And I am at Baby Hot Sauce on Instagram and O threads and Twitter. Actually actually no, on threads. Yeah, I think I'm Baby Hot Sauce.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I think I just got the name of my yeah Instagram handle, right, Yeah, yeah, I don't think you can change it. I don't really tweet a lot, or thread a lot or excellent. I don't know what the fuck you call it anymore either, I don't do those things anymore. Okay until next week. Say bye bye yah