Speaker 1: All right, folks, I need you all to start what you're doing and listen up. You know I love this time of year, right The NBA players are in full effect and with all this action jumping off to stephen A. Smith Show, wants to make sure you take advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports.
Speaker 2: The app is easy to use.
Speaker 1: Just pick more or less and a few player stats and you can win up to two thousand times your cash on a single lineup. Best of all, Prize Picks will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: When I lose, you'll get fifty bucks for playing.
Speaker 1: Use promo code sas and download the app now again. Download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar lineup. Prize Picks, Hey, hey, run your game. It's Orange and Blue Sky's baby, Orange and Blue Skys. That's why my voice is so messed up because I've been so hyped. My beloved New York Knicks are up to against the defending NBA champion Boston Celtics today I'll give you my picks for Saturday's game at Madison Square Garden, so let's get right to it. First up, will Jalen Brunton score more or less than twenty six and a half points.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with less on this.
Speaker 1: I think it'll take a collective effort from the New York Knicks to win this game.
Speaker 2: I think Boston's gonna come in ready.
Speaker 1: I don't see this as one of those games where Jalen Brunston is going to explode, maybe more so in game four or five than it is in game three. For some reason, I suspect somebody else is gonna step up. I'm gonna go with Jalen Brunson with less than this game. Next up, Michel Bridges scores more or less than fourteen and a half points, I'm gonna go with more, especially if he did it in the fourth quarter. Imagine what he's gonna do in the first three at Madison Square Garden. Next up, will Jason Tatum score more or less than twenty seven and a half points.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with less. He's due for an explosion. I get it.
Speaker 1: I just don't suspect it'll be game three so I'm gonna go with less. And why am I going less with this? Because finally, Jalen Brown, here's the question, is he gonna score more or less than twenty two points?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with more.
Speaker 1: I think the one who's gonna explode in game three is going to be Jalen Brown.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 1: So that's less for Jalen Brunson, more for Michel Bridges, less for Jason Tatum, more for Jalen Brown. That's how I'm viewing this. Go to Prize Picks app and check out the Steven A. Smith Show community play. It's boosted twenty five percent. You know I either way you slice it, it doesn't take away from the fact that I'm still hoping my New York Knicks the part victorious.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show, coming at you as I love to do at the very least three times a week over the digital airways or YouTube, and of course iHeartRadio as always, I like to take a moment to thank my subscribers and followers for the love they continue to show me.
Speaker 2: Keep it coming, and I'm gonna keep on coming.
Speaker 1: To continue to like and follow the show, just click the bell and get notified that our newest content and YouTube shall be considered the latest member of the Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show family.
Speaker 1: And while you're doing that, please make sure to pick up a copy of my New York Times best selling books, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes, now in paperback. Just go to straight shoot to book dot com to get yourself a copy. Once again, that straightshoet book dot com to get yourself a copy. Let me get right into it, because obviously, as you can tell, my voice is pretty much shot. My nick fandom got the best of me, and as a result could I could barely speak Considering a day that I had already having to do my day job in the morning, then having to do this, and then having to go to the studio to do NBA Countdown on ESPN and ABC all week and long. I got to conserve my voice to the best of my ability. So I'm not gonna keep you too long today, but I got a few things that I needed to get to because I thought they were important. Number one would be the story of Draymond Green that's been percolating obviously over the last few hours. That's where we're gonna get started with the NBA playoffs in Minnesota, where it wasn't a good knife for mister Draymond Green and the Golden State Warriors. The Timberwolves beat and beat up on the Warriors courtesy one seventeen to ninety three last night to even up there Western Conference that we final matchup at one game apiece. Obviously, they did so because the Golden State Warriors didn't have Steph Curry, who suffered that strained hamstring in Game one after scoring thirteen points in the first thirteen minutes. Nevertheless, that still wasn't the biggest headline last night Minnesota's victory in Game two, I'm talking about. The biggest headline coming out of the game was Draymond Green and how he had picked up his fifth technical foul of the playoffs. Draymond was assessed a dead ball technical foul in the second quarter after he flailed his left arm at nas reed for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Okay, Draymond is now two technicals, two technicals short of receiving an automatic one game suspension in these playoffs. On top of all that, Draymond had a verbal altercation with the fan, reportedly who was ultimately ejected for directing a racial slur at Draymond words. Green gave a quick statement to reporters saying he believes there is an agenda against him. Take a listen to what Draymond Green had to say here.
Speaker 2: It is look like the angry black man. I'm not an angry black man. I'm a very successful, educated black man with a great family, and I'm great at basketball.
Speaker 3: I'm great at what I do.
Speaker 2: To put the agenda to try to keep making me look like an angry black man is crazy. I'm sick of it. It's ridiculous. Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought about what I wanted to say about this particular subject, because, to be quite honest with you, it's pretty delicate, and I think that there's something that needs to be mentioned off the top right here.
Speaker 2: When we're talking about Draymond Green. There's two stories to tackle here.
Speaker 1: One is the reported racial epithet thrown in his direction while he was on a bicycle during the game. That's not the first time this has happened, not the second or third or anything like that. I never forget when Lebron James was in Atlanta and he had a fan removed from the game. Lebron has never done something like that to call for a fan to be removed from the game. They certainly said some out of pocket stuff to him. I remember Russell Westbrook sworen everything he loved to a fan that if he said something else, Russe was gonna come for him. Russell Westbrook has never done something like that. I remember Russell Westbrook was departing from a game in Philadelphia and a fan threw popcorn all over him when he was a member of the Washington Wizards, and he had to be refrained or restrained from going after the fan. I remember when I was a beat writer for the Philadelphia Inquirer covering the Philadelphia seventies Sixers, and it was a big story about a racial epithet that was thrown in the direction of Alan Iverson while he was in Indiana playing against the Pacers. There were folks who tried to deny it. It wasn't gonna fly because I was standing right there that one. I was an eyewitness account too. I saw and heard what that man said to Alan Iverson.
Speaker 2: So when Draymond Green.
Speaker 1: Pointed out what he pointed out, or a fan being removed. Rather, I'm glad the fan was removed. I wasn't there. I can't contextualize the Sixuary situation. I don't know enough of the facts, but I do know that if the team in the arena security felt compelled to remove the fan and it was verified that something racial had been said to Draymond Green, I don't blame him.
Speaker 2: For being pissed off.
Speaker 1: The other thing about the angry black man, I think it's an important to point this out. Why I gotta be angry black man. I'm not talking about Draymond Green saying that. I'm saying white men don't get angry, Latinos don't get angry, Asian Americans don't get angry, Jewish folks don't get angry.
Speaker 2: Why is it always?
Speaker 1: And one of the things that I religiously stated because I remember for years I was considered the angry black man, and then people saw me on TV morning they knew so I knew how to laugh and have a good time and all of this other stuff. But you know, I'll use and I say this affectionately because everybody knows how much I love them, and everybody knows that we're pretty tight. But my man mad Dog Russo, he has earned everything that he has, and I'm very, very proud of him and mad Dog Russo. Our what are You mad About? Segment on First Take every Wednesday morning is absolute hilarity. He is hysterical and I love it. But do you think I could get away with being mad Dog stephen A? You think I could get my own channels? Mad Dog stephen A? You think I could have a segment that says, what are you mad about?
Speaker 2: It's not Mad.
Speaker 1: Dog's fault, but it's an indication that you know, it's amazing. When white folks get riled up, it's passion, and when black folks get riled up, it's angry. So, as my man Mike Willboud said on NUTS inter National Television this morning, he wakes up.
Speaker 2: Most mornings angry. I don't.
Speaker 1: But the reality is that we'd be justified if we were with some of the things that we have to experience, some of the things we are experiencing at this moment in time. And once again, if you are white and you are not racist, and you don't engage in racial profiling and stereotyping and stigmatizing and all of that stuff. I am not talking about you, but the experien in that you have in America of not this world as a black man are pretty unique. And so when Draymond spoke about that, there's a level of empathy that should be touched on, it should be felt, it should be required. But we're not going to go all in on supporting what Draymond Green said.
Speaker 2: Without showing that he.
Speaker 1: Has some level of culpability in all of this too. You know, Graymond, Draymond Green is a good brother. Obviously, we used to speak a hell of a lot more in the past than we have in recent memory. Because we haven't spoke at all in the last year after his suspension, and I reached out to him and told him that it was kind of hard to defend. We really haven't spoken much sense, and so I'm just doing that because I wanted to give full disclosure before I echoed what I'm about to say that has nothing to do with how I feel about him. I got a lot of love for Draymond Green. I think he's a genuinely good brother. Off the court, he is something special. If he's wrong, he'll fess up to it. If he believes he's right, He'll stand on it. He's not trying to be disrespectful. He's not trying to hurt anybody. And people who know him and have gotten to know him, whether it's his philanthropy, whether it's his charitable tendencies, whether it's his compassion, whether it's his thoughtfulness or whatever, he's a good brother. He is married, he has four children. His wife is wonderful. His kids are absolutely his world. And when he's affected the way that you saw him affected last night, it resonates.
Speaker 2: With me because if you recall last year.
Speaker 1: When he was going through some of the things that he was going through and he choked Rudy Gobert, he slapped a use of Nurkic and had to go through those suspensions that I believe course the Golden State Warriors a playoff birth. Most people believe that by the way you looked at him and you just said, hey, this is not great. He's been through a lot. And what do I mean by that? Because those quote unquote sessions, those zooming calls that he had to do when he initially was suspended indefinitely by the NBA turned into something he was willing to do voluntarily even after being reinstated, because it was so helpful to be on those calls, and it was therapeutic for him, even though it wasn't official therapy where you had so many people on the call associated with the NBA, with the NBA Players Association, his agent, Rich Paul and his agency, and the way they looked out for him, and the way he felt free to really express himself. With these guys. You give credit where credit.
Speaker 2: Is due, but then.
Speaker 1: You see the play with nas Reed, you see the altercations in the Houston series, and then you're reminded that it's this fifth technical of these playoffs, that he's too short of an automatic one game suspension, that over the course of his postseason career, he now has thirty seven technical fouls since entering the league in twenty twelve twenty thirteen, which is fifteen more than any other player since that time, and that his twenty one twenty one ejections are only eclipsed by Rashid Wallace, who had twenty nine in NBA history.
Speaker 2: He's second in NBA history in that category.
Speaker 1: And so when you talk about how you're being depicted or whatever, I don't think Draymond is lying. I think there's validity to what he's seeing. I just think he has to appreciate the fact that he's provided folks to feel like they have validity in accusing him of such things. If you remember, ladies and gentlemen on this platform and on ESPN, I went absolutely ballistic when Kevin Durant, after the whole use of nurkic ordeal with Draymond Green, when Kevin Durant said I hope he gets the help that he needs. I was furious because I said, Yo, that's your former teammate. You're a contemporary in the league. You know what that kind of statement is going to connotate, and it was going to be attached to him. You can't say that about him like that because that's given the wrong picture and the wrong depiction of a guy that you want two championships with, to.
Speaker 2: Have love for you and the whole bit. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying Kevin Durant ever did it on purpose. I'm saying that you have to be careful with the words that come out of your mouth when you say something like that. And I didn't think that he was, but now we fast forward to last night and Draymond Green really really being upset because of how he feels he's being portrayed. Well, who's portraying him that way? And if so, why are they doing so? And what level of capability do you have in all of this. I'm not making accusations. I'm asking questions that I think Draymond Green has to ask about himself before he's seen on video saying that he's sick of being depicted in a certain way. When people are able to point to these things, and they're able to point to behavior on the court, because it's never off the court, because dude is a model citizen off the court, but when they're able to use on the court, which is the only place most people know you from because they don't see you, they don't know you, they're not involved in your personal life, they don't know you. They don't know what a great, great dude he is, like those of us who know him a little bit. No, all they can go by is what they see on the court. Then Draymond has to look at himself. And I say that respectfully because according to the reports, Draymond Green said before these playoffs or during these playoffs, that he spoke with Steve Kerr, he spoke with.
Speaker 2: His family, etc.
Speaker 1: Because he felt that it was a reflection point where he needed to look at himself and he thought he needed to do better. Well, why would you feel that way, because you know what's at stake. Steph Curvey's thirty seven years of age and now he has a strained hamstring. Jimmy Buckler is no young spring Chicken anymore either, and you Draymond Green went on national television during All Star Weekend and guaranteed the world that the Golden State Warriors we're gonna win the championship. The one thing we know for sure is there's no way in hell they're winning it without you. But there's also no way in hell they're going to win if you're accumulating technical fouls and bringing this kind of a wanted detention your way. So I'm not here to engage in condemnation. Everything is a teachable and learnable moment, and I'm not talking about anything off the court about Draymond Green. Great teammate, great friend, great family man in the eyes of everybody that I know who knows him, and I'm pretty damn fond of him. Myself whether we speak or not. But you gotta recognize what the situation is. And you got to recognize that when you are somebody in your position and you are on a public platform, and at times it appears like you're engaging in volatility and stuff like that, people are gonna label you, and that's just the way it goes. I wish he had given more specific context to what happened last night. He didn't want to talk to the media, and then after that he just issued that statement and stormed off. So it would have been nice to be able to contextualize it a little bit better because none of us know the details about what happened. But when you say you're being depicted as an angry black man strictly on the court of basketball, which by the way, is pretty much the only place most millions of viewers ever see you, the numbers and the video shows that a lot of times you do look angry. And before I go, I'm going to end by echoing something that somebody sent me this morning. It's an historian, but I don't have permission to use their name, so I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Give it up.
Speaker 1: But they wrote this to me personally about Draymond Green. About the Raymond Green incident, they said, quote, there is a difference between an angry black man trope and the reality of an angry man.
Speaker 2: Who happens to be black.
Speaker 1: Yes, we have every right to be as angry as any other man, but we must not exploit the angry black man trope to absolve inappropriate or harmful behavior. We cannot conflate the two. Let's not forget many of the players who are fed up with Draymond happened to be black. That last sentence hurt, and it hurt because.
Speaker 2: The players who happen to be black that that.
Speaker 1: Historian, a well known one who's a big NBA fan, alluded to in that text. To me, they a lot of the players get upset because they're members of the opposition and they see Draymond having spent years getting away with being in the faces of referees, going off in a way that they would never be allowed to so, in their eyes, believe it or not, they view Draymond as privileged, as somebody who's getting away with something they won't ever get away with. Last night in Minnesota was a perfect example. After he was issued to technical he got in the face of the official Numerous players were saying they had ejected my ass. How comp they didn't eject him.
Speaker 2: That's where Draymond has to deal with.
Speaker 1: That's the reality, and in the end, being on the court, that public platform is where most people see you. So if you don't want people seeing you a certain way, it's not just about who you are off the court, which is a great man and a champion and good people. It's also about, or it's primarily about what you are on the court, because that's where you're seeing most. That's all I have to say about Dremond, at least for the time being, until more context is provided. Of course, I'm hoping he'll do just that, But then if he doesn't, maybe that would be for the best too.
Speaker 2: We shall see. We shall see.
Speaker 1: Got some on court action to get into involved in the NBA. But rather than hear from me on that, who better to talk to than my man Brian Wintos from the ESPN. He's up next right here on the Stephen A. Smith Show, with a.
Speaker 2: Whole lot to say about these NBA playoffs. Don't go away, all.
Speaker 1: Right, everybody listen up with all the big time sports action, that's happening each and every day.
Speaker 2: The Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage.
Speaker 2: Of it all.
Speaker 1: That's why we've partnered with the Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports.
Speaker 2: The app is really easy to use.
Speaker 1: To make a lineup, all you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players Luka, Doncic, Jimmy Butler and Zach Lavine all in the same entry, then.
Speaker 2: Sit back and watch. The list is absolutely endless.
Speaker 1: You can play Prizepects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars lineup. Wanna lose, You'll get fifty bucks. Just use promo code says and download Prize Pects right now again, download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game.
Speaker 1: Joining me now to discuss the NBA Playoffs is my buddy, the senior NBA analyst inside as well. It does a fabulous job for ESPN. Love working with them. Love having them on my daytime show, First Take every weekday Morning. The one and only Brian win torses with me right now. What's going on, man?
Speaker 2: How you doing? How's everything?
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be here, but I find it hilarious that you blew out your voice. See, you didn't budget when you started your week. You know you didn't budget for two maybe one cold open with the Orange and Blue sky right. You didn't have it in your range to do two cold opens with the Orange and Blue Skies. And now you're paying the price. You're lucky it's the weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm paying the price, my man. I definitely am. Let me ask you this. You've been covering this series, you've been in Boston. What was it like for you personally to be in Boston witnessing what was happening to the reigning defending NBA champions at the hands of the New York Knicks in Games one and two, specifically the fourth quarter and an overtime in Games one and two.
Speaker 3: When you're the better team. Let's just be honest. The Celtics are the better team by measure of the regular season. At least you usually play with the swagger and when you're at home, you usually play with the swagger, and when you're the defending champions, you usually play with the swagger. And certainly the Celtics, I've seen him do it in Game two when the game started this, when the Knicks started tightening up the score, the entire building went tight. It's not something I've experienced before. And Jalen Brunson was absolutely. He comes into the game nine minutes to go and he starts going to work three pointer drive, step back lay up at like four minutes and forty five seconds. I don't remember who hit the shot. It might have been Bridges, and all of a sudden, it's five points. Where everything goes read it's five points inside five minutes. It's clutch time. And I said out loud, these sobs did it. They got it to crunch time. They got it to clutch time, because that was the thing. It was like, you know they're down twenty, they're actually down sixteen, because you know in game one they were only only they were only down nine starting the fourth quarter. Anybody can come back from nine to down. You don't have to be special. They started the fourth quarter in Game two down twelve in the fourth quarter, so they had done a good job. It was twenty they cut it and then it went to sixteen. It was actually sixteen. That was a different three possessions greater to overcome. And so when they even got it to crunch time, I was like, damn, they did it again. And then they just walked them down and the building was tight, And it's just not something you expect with the team with what the resume of the Celtics.
Speaker 1: Is Game one and two in your eyes, more about what the Knicks are in terms of their clutch knowing that a guy like Jalen Brunson and clutch time has outscored the entire Celtics team by fourteen to twelve. Or is it about a diminished product that we're seeing in the reigning defending NBA champions that is the Boston Celtics. I know what Tatum brings, I know where Brown brings. They're both three hundred million dollar plus plays. You got new ownership in Boston, They're gonna have to make decisions about the future. You've articulated all of those things very clearly over the last few days or so. But are we seeing a diminished Boston Celtics or just the team suffering the hiccup that's expected to get it together this weekend.
Speaker 3: Very savvy question. I think the answer is both. I think you see a Knicks team that is extremely confident when they get into the end of a close game. Jalen Brunson, he he is so calm when he's under pressure. It's crazy, Like he gets into tough situations when he's got a live dribble and you're like, how's he getting out of this one? And he does. You know, they put a six to nine guy on him and you're like, how's he getting out of this one? He gets open, he is, he's got He is at the top of his game, at the top of his confidence level, and it's a master at work. So that's absolutely happening. But also the Celtics are diminished. One, I think their confidence is shaken. I think you see in some of the decisions that Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown make at the end of these games. And two, they don't have Porzingis. Porzingis isn't right, and that's probably the most unpredictable thing in this series. What's gonna happen with Porzingis? Because Porzingis, I wouldn't say he was their curve ball because he can hit you at the right hook. I would say he was like their slider, and especially if you were having difficulty, you know, scoring from the perimeter. You know, yeah, he's he's a deadly outside shooter, but you know you can throw it to him in the post and he can seven foot three, he can turn around and cause bubbles.
Speaker 1: Let me stop you right there with Porzingis, because I heard you on the air talk in the other day when you on air with me you want air would get up on ESPN talking about how you spoke to Porzingis. He doesn't know what's going on, but he's just flat line fatigue is kicked in and I'm just looking at numbers here. In two regular season games against the knixt the season, he's averaged twenty four and a half points on fifty percent shooting from the field forty five percent shooting from three point range. In his playoff series against the Knicks, he's got a total of eight points on three or nine shooting, one for one on a three point a one free throw attempt, no blocks, eight rebounds in twenty seven minutes total. He clearly has been a virtual no show because he just hasn't been on the court for the Boston Celtics. Do we know specifically what is wrong with porzingis We don't.
Speaker 3: He was he got sick in February. He tried to fight through it for a while, then they ended up shutting him down and they started, you know, calling him questionable, and all of a sudden, he's out three weeks. Eight games he missed, and when he came back, he said they couldn't diagnose it and they were having a he was having a real hard time with fatigue. I think actually they said it was like a upper respiratory And so you're thinking, you're seeing a guy who's coughing, you know, running nose, et cetera. That's he doesn't He doesn't come off sick. He may have wind issues, there may be a lung thing. For sure. I'm not saying that's not true. He doesn't look like a guy who's got the flu. But what he's having a big problem with, from what he says, is fatigue. He crashes and I think he had been in it. By the way, when he came back from that time away, his first five games, he was really good, like it looked like okay, he's pasted it. You're you're talking about stats in this series. He was terrible against Orlando. Terrible is not a fair word. He was. He was not productive against Orlando, certainly not to his to his normal level, and in Game one he was fighting it. It really came back in Game one of this series and the halftime he just he didn't have energy, and so they brought him off the bench. In Game two, Stephen a uh and and the reason off the benches because I think they're trying to save his energy. So what I think they're hoping is he gets two days to rest before Game three and he can recover. But he has had He referred to it as a big crash, that he was managing it and then all of a sudden, it won big crash. That's obviously concerning.
Speaker 1: I need two quick answers to this, to these two questions. If the Boston Celtics lose this series, what will it mean for this franchise.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I don't know what the new owner's appetite for spending is. I know that this is a team that's proven to be a championship team that if they hold it together, I would say they would come out next year and be a top three team to win it again. It's also going to cost five hundred million dollars. And here's the thing, it'd be one thing if you own the Boston The guys who've bought the Boston Celtics have owned it since two thousand and one, two thousand and two, they paid a couple hundred million dollars for it. If it's not paid off, I'm sure it probably is very close to paid off. They at the end of the day, you know, they're not paying a massive mortgage on the team. So if you have to pay five hundred million, then you lose a couple hundred million. That's one thing. You're dealing with a couple hundred million dollars loss. Now, if you're buying the team for six billion, they're actually buying fifty percent of the team for about three billion. You have to write a three billion dollar check. However you're getting that money. This is not Steve Ballmer buying the team. Steve Ballmer when he bought the Clippers literally said here's a cashier's check for two billion dollars. He didn't borrow money. He's like, here you go. That's not the case here. These guys are leveraging to get this, which is not I'm not I mean, six billion dollars is a ton of money. So now you're going to have a mortgage payment. So imagine you're in a house and you know, and you own the house outright, no mortgage payment. Now you've now bought the house. You bought a new house that's thirty times the price. You got a big mortgage payment due every month. Now if I tell you that the house costs a bunch of money to operate and everything like that, now you're making two payments. You're paying for the operation of the house and you're paying the mortgage payment. That's what's coming for the Celtics owners. I don't know what they're gonna do. They have not because the deal isn't closed.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna say so.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I know this five hundred million dollars is a lot of money. That's not just like an inconvenience that you get. You're gonna have to pay for a payroll.
Speaker 2: The Knicks win this series, how far can they go?
Speaker 3: Steven A If the Pacers get get two more wins over the Cavs and the Knicks get home court. I realize they've been better on the road than home. The Knicks get home court against the Pacers. Hey man, they went to seven games against the Pacers last year when Ogieobi was out and Jalen you know, got hurt. That's a that's a I think the Knicks will be favored in that series, depending on everybody's health. I mean, it would be tight. The Pacers have been really good. Maybe it's a toss up, but considering that the Knicks were the Knicks in my view, had the toughest draw in the league because they were looking at for them to win, they were looking at Detroit. Got to be Boston without well Detroit for sure, Detroit in Boston, Boston without home court. Then you're thinking Cleveland without home court. Then they'd be Oklahoma City without home court. Talk about a gauntlet. If they get into a series against the Pacers where it's a toss up series that they have home court in or they're playing well, it's one of the greatest turnarounds in situations that you could ever see in an NBA playoff setting.
Speaker 1: What about the Indiana Paces Real quick for a second, how surprised are you that they've looked this good.
Speaker 2: I know there's been injuries.
Speaker 1: DeAndre Hunter, Evan Mobley, Darius Gland didn't play in game two. They got a pivotal Game three coming up tonight, no doubt about it. They got to win this game. But still in all, we can't take away from what we've seen from the Indiana Paces who closed out you know, you know, Milwaukee, and not only did you do that, but we saw Tyrese Halliburn actually speak up against his own father because of how father acted in Giannis's face. We didn't talk about that, and now here they are Halliburton, who was voted quietly privately by no name players who wouldn't attach their name to it as being overrated. He's balling out to me they have no one great, but a whole bunch of dudes that are really, really good and they can beat anybody at this point, real quickly. That's my synopsis of the Indiana Paces.
Speaker 2: What's yours?
Speaker 3: If they have somebody grade, it's their coach. It's a great coach, and he's a great player coach at Carlisle, yes he is. They lost on New Year's Eve to go to sixteen and eighteen Halliburton was hurting early. They had some other injuries since January first. They finished the season thirty four and fourteen. That was not a four seed. That was a two seed masquerading as a four seed. That was a fifty eight win pace that they played on that from January first. They have depth, they have speed, they have a style of play, and they have a closer and they have proven that they can pull it out their They have twice been down seven points in the last minute of the game and one in the playoffs, So maybe it's a little bit fortune there, but they are a formidable, formidable team.
Speaker 1: Moving out to the West. How nervous were you about Oklahoma City? You've been raving about them all year when they lost Game one, when Jokic did what he did, When we see Russell Westbrook playing the way that he played, when we saw Aaron Gordon playing bully ball. How nervous were you for your thunder before they annihilated the Nuggets in game two.
Speaker 3: There were two things about that first game that we'll worry So. Number one, they couldn't get any supporting scoring for Shay Gildess. Alexander by the way, he had a great game too. Shay has not had a good postseason so far. This is a guy who's going to be named MVP probably next week. His numbers are okay, but they weren't great. That's what that's that's one thing. Secondly, so then and they don't have a second score that's reliable. Sometimes they have a second score, but they don't have a guy out there that they can count on to deliver, and that's what cost him in Game one. The second thing was chet Holmgren got totally dominated by Jokic. And I mean, obviously Homegroun can't play Yokic the same way. I it'st the Zubach plays them. They're not built the same way. But three times in the last couple of years, the Thunder have been in high leverage situations and come up small. One was in the playoffs last year to the Mavericks. They had home court in that series, the series was tied, they melted down the trust of that series to their offense, completely abandoned them and Luca snatched them. And then this year in the n season tournament where they played Milwaukee, where they just absolutely laid an egg. That was a moment for them to win something as a group. They totally laid an egg then in Game one, losing home court advantage out of the gate. So I've seen them under pressure all of a sudden, not be able to score when it matters, and they have the MVP that shouldn't be the case. So that was more pressure. Moments are coming and I expect them to overcome that because they are They have every tool that you need. But there is that sense of mystery about how it's gonna happen. What's gonna happen when when that challenge occurs again.
Speaker 1: Switching over to Warriors Timberwolves, obviously we're looking at them. Steph Curry's going to be out with the strained hamstring. The likelihood is that for at least games three and four, and possibly Game five.
Speaker 2: What do you peel away?
Speaker 1: You saw the Warriors win in Game one. You saw Steph Curry score thirteen points in the first thirteen minutes before he goes down. We saw Draymond Green hit four three pointers in the first half. We saw Jimmy Butler come on strong in the second half. We saw none of that in Game two, after Finch held Anthony Edwards accountable, we saw McDaniel's show up. We saw Julius Randalls show up, we saw ant Man show up.
Speaker 2: And the three have.
Speaker 1: Combined to hold Jimmy Butler that like thirteen percent shooting from the field to win. One of those three are guarding him. So what do you make of this series thus far at this particular.
Speaker 3: Moment, There's two things that have got to happen. One, Jimmy Butler has got to be more of an offensive engine. They can't score without Steph. Other offensive efficiency plummets by like twenty five ish percent when he hasn't been out there. They just can't survive that. I understand they're not going to totally replace him. That's clear. Jimmy's got to be more of a factor offensively scoring the ball. The second thing is this team after the Jimmy Butler trade was a good defensive team. They're in defensive numbers improved. And in Game one they won that game because not because of what they did without stuff, because they only gave up eighty eight points. Now, some of that was the Wolves. They didn't handle their business that well and that's why Chris Finch got on them. But in Game two, the Wolves made sixteen three pointers, and ESPN's tracking said that every single one of them were deemed open. There's no other game in the database in the playoff history where a team has gotten sixteen all sixteen three pointers. Your sixteen or more three pointers were open. They've got to play better defense. The only way to do this is to pinch it from both ends. You've got to play your max level defense and you've got to get some more scoring. That's how you close the gap in this situation. They don't have to do it three more times. They're not winning this series without stuff anyway. They need to do it one more time, at least at home, probably in Game three or four, to give the window for Steph to come back in Game five or six and give them a fighting chance and what's hopefully a three game series.
Speaker 1: Switching to Draymond Green, obviously he made news for a different reason, and I appreciate your participation in the discussion with myself and Mike Willbond on ESPN's first Take earlier this morning. And I'm certainly not asking you to elaborate on his comments about being portrayed as an angry black man. I took care of that in the first segment at the top of this show. But what I wanted to ask you is is that in terms of Draymond Green's image, in your estimation as somebody who covers this league and as somebody who walks the streets with people coming up to you about what you know about this league, what would you qualify or classify as the perception that Draymond Green has And how fear or unfeared do you think it is.
Speaker 3: I think people in the league feel like he's one of the great defensive players in the last twenty five years, one of the great influence influencers of the game, where he can control the game, especially for a guy who is not a scorer. His ability to control the game without being a scorer or have a big influence on the control of the game because of his screen setting, because of the way he can defend, because of the way he can take the you know, take the ball off the glass, go down and be the point center. The way he can play two man basketball with Steph where they're just basically reading each other. They're impossible to prepare for because when the two of them are working together, it's just read and react, read and react. And he's just such He's so quick on his feet and so smart and makes him so savvy, and people in the league think that he savely controlled the officials, that he's sly like a fox in the way he does things and the way he applies pressure to the officials and the way he you know, is so demonstrative and and they feel like there are many times when he can manipulate the officials to sort of lean them in one way or the other because of the way he behaves that there is that, Yes, there are times when he loses control, but a lot of it is totally calculated, that what he is doing is putting the officials into a corner to achieve a certain edge. There is an admiration for him within the league for them, however, he also loses control. For as savvy and nuanced of the game that he plays, there are times when that all goes up the window he loses control, which has happened unfortunately a number of times. This is a guy who I think there's no chance the Warriors win the twenty twenty two title without him. He was absolutely brilliant during that season and in that playoff run. I know he had a complicated fire work. I think he got benched at one point, but he was brilliant in closeout game. No way they went without no way they went without them. So the twenty twenty sixth title, Draymond's got both hands on that ring, and he he derailed the twenty twenty three season by sucker punching his teammate, and he damaged the twenty twenty four season by the suspensions that that fourth then ended up significantly forcing the Warriors into the play in And obviously his role in the other in the previous three titles is unquestioned. But just in the last three seasons, he's hairy, not carried, but like good shoulder to shoulder with Steph to win the title and undercut two seasons, and this year he's working hard. We're going to find out which way it's going to go. And you know, the Warrior's eyes are wide open. They totally understand what it means to be in business with Raymond Green. They've they've dedicated themselves and protected them and rededicated themselves over and over. But that is the dynam player that you're getting, a guy who is a genius and brilliant who also can do things that can hurt you badly, but he can't take back.
Speaker 1: What about what he said coming into this series if not the playoffs overall way, he said, he sat down and spoke with Steve Kerr, he spoke to his family, and he had to do some reflection, looking at himself and thinking about what he needed to do better. Where did that come from? If we're sitting here today and he's going off about how he's being portrayed.
Speaker 3: We've heard it all before, you know. He did a story with an ESPN Our Warriors reporter Omeong masuk Or. He detailed after he was suspended indefinitely for the Rudy Gobert incident last year, they made him go to like essentially counseling sessions, but it wasn't just with a counselor. It was with a whole bunch of different people who basically acted as a village for him. And he didn't want to do it and he was annoyed by it, and he discussed how it really helped him and how he started to lean on it. And it was a beautifully done story giving insight into Draymond's thinking and how he's trying to better himself. And you come away from that story saying this is a very earnest raw and impersonal view of how he's fighting his challenges. And then he goes out there and commits five technicals and two flagrants in nine games. And so you can see why the people closest to Draymond have complicated relationships with the situation. They treasure him, they love him, they protect him, and he absolutely drives them crazy. And he he and he absolutely leads them to victory. He's one of the more complicated great players of this generation.
Speaker 1: Before we go, if I tell you, I'm going to give you this series and you tell me what you believe it will.
Speaker 2: Be after four games Cleveland, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Three one Indiana Nicks Boston two two, I'm gonna duck. I'm gonna duck. I'm two blocks in the garden. I'm gonna duck. The is going to be so angry.
Speaker 1: You're telling me you believe that the Boston Celtics are walking into Madison Square Garden and they're gonna win. They're gonna take both games of Madison Square Garden away from the New York Knicks.
Speaker 2: Is that what you just said? Is that what you just said, Brian went.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it, but I think that's what's gonna happen. I don't believe it because I do believe in the Knicks ability. Every way I know to evaluate the game is saying to me that the Celtics should be winning these games, but they're not. So I look at it and say, the Celtics can very easily be up to Loh and my my analysis side of my brain says the Celtics will win the next two knowing everything that I know, but I have to admit I can't quite identify why the Knicks one games one and two. So the analysis side of everything is being defeated. And that's what is happening for the whole Celtics organization right now, that their analytical analysis philosophy is being defeated by the Knicks. Confidence.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, see Denver three one.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I think there'll be two two going back to Okay, see.
Speaker 2: He's gonna go They're gonna split in Denver.
Speaker 3: I know I Game three is gonna tell me everything. You know Oklahoma City could win by twenty five and you're like, okay, this is a five game series. But I think Denver has to press very hard in game three, and if if Denver pulls that out, then I think you're looking at too too. That the Oklahoma City losing Game one at home opened the door for that to be a long series, assuming that they can get one more home.
Speaker 2: Minnesota, Golden State.
Speaker 3: Sorry to say, but I got three to one Minnesota. I was so just I was so hardened by their effort in game two. They are going home. They could get a hot shooting game. I mean, that's the thing about the Knicks. The Knicks haven't shot the ball well yet. You know, the Knicks can undo any analysis by just getting hot. You can get hot at home. But I'm leaning more towards Minnesota. Three. Minnesota is twenty two and five in his last twenty seven games. They are playing really well, just like Indiana is playing really well.
Speaker 1: Brian Wentross, appreciate you man. Keep up the great work. We'll talk next week, all.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks for having me. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: You do the same one only Brian Windrows right here on the Steven A. Smith Show over the digital airwaves or YouTube, and of course iHeart radio.
Speaker 2: Coming up.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump taps another Fox News host, Janeine Piro as interim US Attorney for Washington, DC, and Joe Biden, a former president, is talking and says he would have beaten Donald Trump last November. Really, I tried to be nice, y'all. I really tried to be nice. But I got some things that need to be said. So I'm gonna say it an oh hint, it ain't gonna be too nice.
Speaker 2: More to Steven A. Smith Show.
Speaker 1: Come me away in a minute. Welcome back to Stephen A. Smith Show. Let's get to Washington, d C. Where President Donald Trump says he will appoint He will appoint Fox News host and former prosecutor Janeine Pirou as interim US Attorney for the District of Columbia. He made the announcement on his Truth social platform, and here's what it read in part quote, I am pleased to announce that Judge Janine Piro will be appointed Interim United States Attorney for the District of Columbia. Janine was assistant District Attorney for Westchester County, New York, and then went on to serve as county judge and district attorney, where she was the first woman ever to be elected to those positions. Janine is incredibly well qualified for this position and is considered one of the top district attorneys in theory of the state of New York. She is in a class by herself. Congratulations, Jeanine end quote. Piro has been a long time ally of Trump, dating back to her time.
Speaker 2: As a prosecutor in New York.
Speaker 1: She was also an early support of his twenty sixteen campaign and publicly defended him during the Access Hollywood tape scandal. Just so you know, ladies and gentlemen, for those of you expected me to have a problem with it, I might have a little problem with it, but not for the reasons you think. Jeanine Piro appears to be qualified. I've read her resume. He put that out there for you. She is a former prosecutor. There's nothing to dispute there. Okay, so this.
Speaker 2: Is not about her qualifications. Here's my issue.
Speaker 1: I'm getting to a point, and I think we all should be alarmed. And if I was talking to the President for a linthy interview, which I would love to have. By the way, fealty to him, loyalty and devotion to him seems to be the criteria for these jobs, as opposed to one's qualifications and one's pursuit of that job. Now, Janee Piro's on The Five. The Five is a very successful show. I watch it often. I'm actually a fan of Harold Ford Jr. Let me state that for the record, and much to the sagrin of a lot of you, I actually like Jesse Waters. I think he does a great job. I didn't like when he vied with DeSantis on black history issues, particularly pertaining to slavery. That really pissed me off about Jesse Waters. But that's about it. In terms of him pursuing facts and covering politics the way that he does, I have no problem with him, Okay, and the rest of them on the Five. I think it's a good show. But when I think about Janine Piro, you see, when something like this happens, I am I in a position where I get to question your objectivity. Now, in fairness to her, she's been a longtime supporter of Trump and she hasn't waivered one bit. I guess in my own way, I wish more people were like Harrold Ford Jr. Because even though he's clearly a Democrat who supports the Democratic Party in the same breath, he doesn't hesitate to point out some of the things that they do wrong. Now, I don't get to watch every show, and I'm not trying to castigate her in any way. I'm simply making the point that Trump leaning towards five. I mean, you're leaning towards Fox News, except I'm gonna keep bringing up that name. I understand he served our country honorably as a soldier, but to go from being a weekend host on Fox News to being the Secretary of Defense for the United States of America, overseeing three and a half million people, seems insane non fairness to him. The Megan Kelly's of the world have been on this show defending that. I've spoken to Mark Levin, I've spoken to Sean Hannity, I've spoken to Will Kane, people like that.
Speaker 2: They all supported all right.
Speaker 1: Fine, I'm just saying it is a bit alarming because it seems at times like the primary prerequisite for a job and the Trump administration is to love on Trump. I'm not saying he should hire somebody that hates on him. I'm not saying he should hire someone who would be disloyal. I'm not saying he should hire somebody that can't stand him.
Speaker 2: But damn the people that he's picking are folks that.
Speaker 1: Would say and do anything it appears for him, And I don't know how wise that part is. But I'm not gonna sit here and tell you she's not qualified for the position. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that, because she is a former prosecutor who has knowledge of the law, and when people that I spoke to, she had a damn good reputation as a prosecutor. Whether they were telling the truth or not, I don't know. I'm just telling you what they told me, so I can't say but so more, but so much more than that, it pales in comparison to what I really really want to get to. And that's former President Biden, who appeared on The View yesterday and took responsibility for President Trump's.
Speaker 2: The story return to the White House.
Speaker 1: Biden maintains he would have been Trump had he stayed in the race, and pushed back on claims of any cognitive decline in his final year in office. Here's a portion of what President Biden's comments from the show yesterday about Vice President Kamala Harris and huff failed presidential run. Here's what he said, quote, I wasn't surprised, He says he wasn't surprised by her failed presidential run, not because I didn't think the vice president was qualified to be president.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 1: She's qualified to be president of the United States of America. I was surprised because they went.
Speaker 2: The sexist route, the whole route.
Speaker 1: This is a woman, she's this, she's that. Really, I've never seen a successful and consistent of a campaign undercutting the notion that a woman couldn't lead the country, and a woman of mixed.
Speaker 2: Race and quote BS, that's straight. BS.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not gonna let y'all get away with that. I'm not gonna let you get away with that. They said, we were hearing the same thing about Hillary in twenty sixteen. Hillary won the popular vote over the three billion votes. She didn't win an electoral college vote. Why was that? James Comee comes out with some report about deleting emails thirty three thousand plus a couple of weeks or so before the election. What misogyny got to do with that? Kamala Harris goes on a view, knowing that you had open borders, knowing the crisis that caused in this country, knowing that there was an economy that was compromised by inflation, knowing there was crimes in the streets, knowing there was those kind of things going on, and she went on the view when they asked if there's anything that she would do differently that you were doing in your administration, President Biden, she said, I really can't think of anything. Everybody knows that's where she sealed her fate. Everybody knows that. But that doesn't even come close to equating the damage you did, sir, You and the former first Lady, Jill Biden, both of you now, Jill Bodden, I'm not gonna blame with so much because that's her husband and she was standing by her husband. So when he went on the stage June twenty seventh for debate and completely looked inept off or out of sink and everything in between, it was you that walked out on that stage minutes later and said you want to thank him and applaud him for doing an outstanding job. You answered every question, You did this, you did that, and then you go on the view and admit it.
Speaker 2: Was a flat out lie. It was a flat out lie, and that you knew you were lying. You went on the view and you said he was awful.
Speaker 1: It was bad, But that ain't what you told the voters out there. And now you're hiding behind the notion that you weren't gonna let one moment, one bad moment ruin a presidency. Well it was one bad moment. Actually it was many because we saw him. There were times we saw him and he had no business being seen.
Speaker 2: Remember when.
Speaker 1: Former President Barack Obama had to guide him off a stage where he didn't know where he was going. Remember when he was at the World Summit in g seven, if I remember correctly, and everybody was standing together, but he was fading away and drifting away, and they had to guide him back to the line.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 1: Remember the times that he was mumbling incoherently. There was an analyst that came on Chris Cuomo's show. I think it was scar of Muci if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure. Anthony Scaramucci, and he came on Chris Cuomo's show on News Nation and he said the night of June twenty seventh, when Joe Biden debated Donald Trump, he said that he looked like an elderly person in a nursing home waiting to be fed.
Speaker 2: Apple sauce, and as sad as that.
Speaker 1: Vivid kind of picture depicting the president at the time was. No one refuted it, no one, which brings me to the other point. You see, none of that is a big deal, sir, if you're over eighty years of age, which is no shame in it. And you served this country the way that you served in the Senate for decades, in the presidency for the three previous years. But in twenty twenty when you were elected, before you took office in January twenty twenty one, you swore to the American public that you were there to be a transitional president. You were coming for one term. You just wanted to get America's house back in order and get us removed from the chaos that had ravaged us for years in the streets of America. And you were supposed to be transitional. You got there, the Dems fought off a red wave, nullified it.
Speaker 2: Actually it wasn't what the Republicans thought it was going to be.
Speaker 1: The Democrats won the midterms, and you were feeling yourself and you didn't want to surrender power, so you went back on your word as a transitional president. Your wife did everything she could to cover for you.
Speaker 2: Knowing that there was slippage.
Speaker 1: And now we're walking around and what are we hearing right now, President Joe Biden. We're hearing that at eighty two years of age, okay, which is what you are about to be, you're talking about writing a book, and the book is going to be out about a year, and that's about right around the time that the midterms are coming out, that the midterms.
Speaker 2: Will take place. The possible that what you're doing, is.
Speaker 1: What you're saying, is I'm gonna come out with a tell all book and I'm gonna dime everybody out, and I'm gonna call out the Democratic Party so you can somehow get in the way or whatever success they're hoping to reap in the twenty twenty six min terms. Is that what you're doing, sir? Sure sounds like it. See, this is the sickening part of politics. This is what they mean when they talk about people eating their own.
Speaker 2: Because you ain't giving a damn.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to leave office after promising you would serve one term. You tried to stay in power, and somehow they were able to hoodwink you and then embracing the presidential debate against Donald Trump three months before any presidential debate had ever taken place.
Speaker 2: You got exposed. And then what do the Democrats do?
Speaker 1: They put Kamala Harris in there bypassing primaries like every other candidate would have to experience, in large part because in twenty twenty she couldn't even get to Iowa. And then you saw the American public on this is what we want, this is who we want, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Come to find out, it's a whole bunch of lives.
Speaker 1: But the reality is is you're not far removed from it, Joe Biden, because had you kept your word and committed yourself to be in a transitional president and making room very early for candidates to come down the line for the Democratic nomination for the presidency of the United States, all the things that, all the things that happened in the aftermath would not have been necessary, but you didn't care. Instead, you want to talk about what for the good of the country. How could you possibly think you would have beaten Trump when inflation was taking place, when open borders had ravaged us, when they were you are in Ukraine against Russia was fomented even more when the almoster was rarely palced monsters. Really conflict took fold with all of this stuff happening. Mons removed from office when no one really cares to hear from you at this particular juncture. You're going to go on the BBC network and then in the aftermath of that the view and you're gonna bad talk Kamala Harris. You say you wasn't, But when you say you would have beaten Trump and that you knew she would have lost, that's bad talking her. Why did you leave out that you didn't put in a position to win because you refuse to step away. If you had kept your word about being a transitional president, and you had made it very clear early that you would only serve one term, it would have paved the way for her to run for the office herself and campaign with ample time to do so. If she is what you say she is, that she's qualified to be the president of the United States of America, you could have helped her, not just coming into the last minute, then give her an endorsement to take a shot of reportedly at Barack Obama and the George Cloonies of the world, and others. You could have helped her, but you didn't. And now, when you have an opportunity to walk away into the twilight and live your final years, you're talking about coming out with a book, it has to be a tell oil to get you any money, it has to be a tell oill. It's a sinister game, and you know it's bad when you can't stop playing it in your eighties. I'm not taking any tweets. I have nothing more to say. I got too much to do this week, and I'm about to get out of here. But it's a damn shame. It's a damn shame all of this stuff that the left wants to complain about with Trump, all of this stuff that they want to complain about, whether it's Elon Muskin doze from weeks ago, or it's the tariffs over the last few weeks, or it is what's he gonna do with Harvard, or what's he gonna do with freedom of speech? Or what's he gonna do with HBCUs and all of these other damn questions. If Biden had kept his word, stepped away, if the Democrats had held them.
Speaker 2: To it, had the strength to hold them to it, and by democrats.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about just elected officials. I'm talking about donors. All of this noise might have been prevented. Once again, my latest example of you bringing it on yourself. You brought it on yourself. Oh lord, you hold on the new glasses, new glasses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm representing the Nick movement. I was gonna put the hoodie on while we was while we was recording.
Speaker 2: Excuse no, no, no hoodies? What what? What? What hat do you have on my hat?
Speaker 4: It's it's a it's a trucker hat.
Speaker 1: Just okay, it's a truck I had for somebody that never drives a truck. Okay, go ahead, where's the tower the Nick.
Speaker 2: Towers that on your head?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And since you're an actor now, you and Spike Lean need to link up this weekend. Why make a movie because we all voted that you don't need to be nowhere near the garden, you know him?
Speaker 2: Why not? Why not? Spike?
Speaker 1: I understand why you would say me and I'll be there Monday, by the way, but why not Spike?
Speaker 4: I mean, you famous for saying we haven't won since seventy three. Spike had the same seat for forty years. It gotta be you, what gotta be me? It has to be him, Like we haven't won since Spike has been sitting there.
Speaker 3: So give me the seat.
Speaker 2: So it's our fault. It's our fault. You need to see it.
Speaker 4: Since I picked the Knicks unlike you every showed, you know, in the seven platforms, and picked the Celtics.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: And then when the stream orange and Blue skies when.
Speaker 1: We win, holder you well listen because I'm happy. Just because I picked them to lose doesn't mean I wish it that they lose. It just that I didn't believe they're a better team. And I still don't believe they're a better team. They're not better than the Boston Celtics. I don't know what's going on with the Boston Celtics right now, but actually I do.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you, what do you think is going on? Well? Educate me please.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say, since I'm really an analyst, I said that we have two people that we refer to as wingstop. They're coming through in the clutch every time. Not offensively, you said, who's that?
Speaker 2: Who's that? Michel Bridges?
Speaker 4: Michel Bridges and og we got some stuff to sort about.
Speaker 2: So you interrupted.
Speaker 1: You interrupted my show just to just to get your camera time.
Speaker 4: Na, just to tell you to stay clear of the garden this this weekend. Just stay clear. We just need you to stay clear. Give me a kick, give me a seat. You know one other thing that you're gonna have a problem with. You was about to let the show in without mentioning mother's dad. M yeah, so since so since we're rich now, I asked your sister. I'm like, what you want from mother's dad? And you know her, I don't want any object. I just want you to come to church, something like church. So she's like, yeah, it's Saturday at three.
Speaker 1: Watch watch your mouth. Be very careful with what you're about to say. Be very careful, don't be stupid.
Speaker 2: Saturday at three. Okay, we know what else is Saturday at three?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: So she asked you to come Saturday.
Speaker 4: At day talking about Pastor Anthony. Pastor Anthony is his first name, Carmelo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you something right now.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for this? Josh? You ready for this? High five? Virtually high five?
Speaker 1: Because I agree with you one thousand percent, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: We can't have her trying to get you the church on Saturday afternoon at the same time the.
Speaker 2: Knicks comes starting. Now that's now, she can't do that.
Speaker 1: She can't do that a Sunday they'll have been but a Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 4: And that's what I'm wrong with that. And since we speaking about that, my seat on Saturday, I can't be outside the garden that day. And can you at least do that so that the fans could believe that you're a fan and.
Speaker 1: Get you a seat in the upper deck and the I get you.
Speaker 2: On the floor, I'm taking over it. I can't. I can't. Huh. I can't do that. I can't. You just don't have that kind of pull yet.
Speaker 4: No, it's not, it's not pulled. You got one hundred million in the bank. It doesn't matter how much it costs. It can't cost that much.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, education, education, whatever salary I earned, it comes by month, you know, bi weekly, so and it don't start really till this summer. So it's not like, I mean, it ain't got nothing in the bank. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Speaking on a hundred that we just got, But what about the forty before that?
Speaker 2: I know all your contracts. Don't play with us.
Speaker 4: We've been riched. I about to switch this switch this head up. We've been riched.
Speaker 1: We just rich early now, all right, So why is it that I don't you know? First of all, I wouldn't want a hoodie like that. Secondly, you need to take the damn thing off and put Josh or the Knicks or something. You need to stop walking around with that. Somebody beat your ass and take the damn hoodie since you, since you're rich, you could take it right. Thirdly, that we didn't get to the most important question.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't really articulate what you thought about my acting performance.
Speaker 2: I thought I was pretty damn good. I really did. I really did.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, you just give it up and you was good. I need to see you do a role that's different from how you act in real life. You always in somebody's face. You always teld somebody with the dude that's right in your realm, and they know that. I need to see you play something else, like like somebody's husband.
Speaker 1: What you ain't never been there, I've never been somebody's husband, you white husband.
Speaker 2: While you ask me that that I.
Speaker 1: Mean that that that that that's relatively easy. That's relatively easy for me. I'm not the one devoid of etiquette. Knowing how to treat a lady and knowing how to make sure she feels special. That's not the problem I have. I mean, I mean, who's the one that needs help? Who's the one that needs therapy in that department?
Speaker 2: Not that would be you.
Speaker 4: So without the money, without the money, minus the money, right me? And you want the same woman, you think you're gonna get it?
Speaker 2: Why what not? I said? Without the money?
Speaker 1: Who do you think you learned most of the assuming you have gifts, who do you think you learned them from? Who have you been seeking advice from all of these decades?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: See See that's the lack of respect you have right there, Because I would never say that about Uncle Bays, who, God rest his soul, my big brother. I would never say that about Uncle Frankie, God rest the soul, my uncle who passed away in two thousands. I would never say that about cousin Carl, Derek Keith, anybody, any of the people you know, Grandpa, any of the people who bestole a level of knowledge and wisdom. Never assume you're superior to the teacher. See, you don't know that. That's your damn problem.
Speaker 2: You remember what you said? Let in here, what did I say?
Speaker 4: I you know what we're not even we're not gonna focus on that between me and you. If we going after the same girl, you will never get her without the money.
Speaker 2: So it's only money.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you telling me we were winding the clock and I'm this is me twenty five years younger.
Speaker 2: What's what you're doing?
Speaker 4: It could be whatever you want. I just know what I got comes naturally. I learned it from y'all.
Speaker 2: Know you have no First of all, that's ridiculous. You never learned.
Speaker 1: See that's the ignorance. I didn't learn what I am truly ignorant. Excuse me I feel I feel, But let me tell you something. Well, what your got naturally is DNA is jeens.
Speaker 2: So you thought you was the first.
Speaker 1: You think it started with you, you know, saying what you're talking about, I got a rich swag.
Speaker 4: Y'all couldn't have had that. In the book, it says y'all was poor about.
Speaker 2: You have a sweat.
Speaker 1: You have a rich swag because you hang out and steal from your uncle.
Speaker 2: That's what you do. Well. See.
Speaker 1: My point is that if this was twenty years twenty five years earlier, there be no rich uncle, which means you wouldn't have that swag, which means that you'd have to look like you broke ass self.
Speaker 4: My swag is not my look. My swag is me. What I throw on is what I throw on. If you they're gonna be like.
Speaker 2: What, Steve, can't I ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Well, if that's the case, and you got so much swag, you know, I know a lot of people that work at the garden, A lot of them females.
Speaker 2: Oh h, how come you don't know?
Speaker 4: Are you encouraging me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying I'm saying. I'm saying, how come you can't get tickets to the guard.
Speaker 4: If I, if I go that route, I could, But I don't want you in a tableis you know? It's a lot going on already.
Speaker 2: So in other words, you're thinking to me, you know that, and you know that, goodbye man, goodbye garden. You know it. Hey, Josh, for you, for you, goodbye. Here we get out of it, as said for this edition to Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith, shaw y'all take it easy, you see, my nephew with the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we there, we did. We like that. I'm gonna live that lie.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you that Boston's gonna win just so they could lose, because that's the trend that's been flowing. We're gonna roll with that until next time. Y'all list to Stephen. They signing off be in Love