Speaker 1: The Mets stink, which means they're going to trade players. So today we're gonna go over the ten players the Mets should, will might trade this trade deadline season.
Speaker 2: Before get going into it.
Speaker 1: Makes sure you guys are subscribed to the Mets the podcast over on YouTube so you can see the video version of this. And if you're listening to us Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a rating, drops review, download, and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Met's got a lot of guys to trade.
Speaker 1: I can't even believe that we can come with a list of ten that definitely could be traded at the deadline.
Speaker 3: I mean, we could have stretched out to twelve if we were like on WFN or something for guys it definitely won't be traded if we wanted to get some more names in. But I think our ten are I would be surprised if fewer than six of these guys actually got moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking at our list, eight, nine and ten are probably the least solid that I feel about them.
Speaker 3: But I think nine solid.
Speaker 2: You think nine's a solid solid?
Speaker 3: All right, we'll do that too. We'll give percentage we think these guys will be traded for and then if we're having enough fun, maybe we'll go to the team's prospect list and see what makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? We can do whatever we want.
Speaker 1: It's our podcast. We can run this anyway we want. But of course the first player that we have to start with is Freddy Peralta. There's a I'm willing to say one hundred chance he has not a New York Met?
Speaker 2: Was it August?
Speaker 4: Third?
Speaker 2: Is the deadline? So August wants to not be a New York.
Speaker 3: Met like the fourth to deadline this year?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, whatever day it is, Freddie perolt is being trade. There's a no doubt in my mind that he's not on this team, No.
Speaker 3: None, whatsoever. And the big conversation about Freddy Parolta being traded is mostly about how much his value has potentially taken a hit by how poorly he's pitched. And I've said before he continues to pitch worse. But I'm gonna stick with my guns that I don't think his value is taken as big of a hit as it probably seems right now based on how absolutely fucking atrocious he's been on the mound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he's not going to be considered a bad arm to get by any means I still think the Mets are going to get a fringe top one hundred prospect back for a guy like Freddie Parolta. Freddy Perlta, I think is still going to be viewed as a playoff starter on every team that trades for him. I just don't think that like it would have been in a season where the Mets suck. It would have been nice if Freddy Peralta was having a great season in spite of the sucking, because then he would have been some real, real value. But the fact that he is struggling, along with the fact that the Mets have been struggling and they have to get rid of him, it's probably a fringe top one hundred guy, which is still fine.
Speaker 3: And maybe again just because of how few sellers exist this deadline and how expensive starting pitching always is the deadline, I still think it trends up more than that. I think you might get a top seventy five guy and the lottery ticket, or you just take like a top sixty or fifty guy who might be near major league ready. The name I keep saying, the name I want it to be the most is still Pegro Romirez for their cub I mean, I think that's just a great fit, and he'll be a starther for the Mets on opening the next year at the third base probably, So I do like that whole thing. I like the way he plays well round the profile, defense, contact, power, and speed. Guy has done a lot this year. But otherwise, the teams that make the most sense for Freddy are a bit all over the place, and the one that kind of makes the most sense is one I don't think the Mets would ever trade him to, which is the Braves. Yeah, but also based on the way David Sterns operates, I don't think he's crossing it any teams off.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's interesting looking at where he could go. And I also, what would the Braves give back, because are they really gonna give us a mind like an almost major league ready pitcher?
Speaker 2: You think for Freddy?
Speaker 3: It depends how good they think Freddy is and also how much value they see in offering Freddie. Oh no, they can't off from the qualifying if you got traded midseason, I guess probably not. I mean, do you want like John Gill or Heel? John Heel?
Speaker 2: He might be a good baseball player.
Speaker 1: I'm not particularly interested based on what I've seen.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of debate as to the Braves' top three pitching prospects between Cam Cammunity j R. Richie, Owen Murphy. I don't know if I see any of them necessarily being traded for Freddie.
Speaker 1: But if they had to come over the top and beat an offer, I could see guys of that ill coming available on.
Speaker 2: It's like, I feel like Cam and Iddi's the one that interested me the most just because he's a lefty arm with some more velo.
Speaker 3: Well, he's the best one. I just did the big futures but both just did big futures games videos out of a channel hour. Our channels now are apart. But Kevinyddy is a guy that he's he's like developing a change up. He's still only nineteen. I think I don't know if his dad or his uncle was Kevin Kammanidty.
Speaker 2: You mean Cam Cammanedy. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: He's definitely not his dad, Kevin Cammany. We went to high school with Kevinkammanidy.
Speaker 3: Yes, but Che Cammanditty this possibly Camedy's are a great family love the Kammanidis, but he's a guy that's like a change up, tweak away from like really ascending. But also if that doesn't come, he kind of gets stuck where Richie I think, kind of looks like a back end guy, but he might get trapped in the quadruple a fold, which that would make a lot of sense because that probably still makes him a back end top guy because he's already pitching the major leagues. I like Murphy. I think Murphy's underrated and he's kind of messing around right now. He's gonna do the new to the role for them, But that an array of these close to major league caliber pitching prospects does make sense if the Mets want to move ready right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I am looking right now at the teams with the least amount of starting pitching innings that are currently fighting for a playoff spot and right at the bottom, and I think that this is another team.
Speaker 2: Chicago's the city where I think Friday ends up the White Sox.
Speaker 3: I just hold them up?
Speaker 1: Can we train him to the White Sox? And is there ever a world where we can just be like Hagen Smith?
Speaker 3: No, that's that's being ridiculous. I think it would make sense for like someone I like that. I think the world is lower on Tanner McDougal.
Speaker 2: Is that the guy you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: I think he's also too good, despite the fact that he hasn't think an arm injury right now, So I don't know if that makes sense. I think that David Sandland and another guy could be I like Sandalan a lot. He throws upper nineties, He's got a power curve. It looks like definitely a repertoire that could be built on as a starting pitcher. But it gets a little weird after that. And then they also don't have the best system behind that. But I also the mess front off is gonna know a little bit more about these team systems than we do. But that's that's kind of where my mind goes.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think Billy Carlson's too good of a prospect.
Speaker 3: Probably, I said it before, Like a trade back to the Brewers makes a heap of sense.
Speaker 2: It makes so much sense.
Speaker 3: Branton Sprode for Freddy peralto would be great right now.
Speaker 2: Slop them right back.
Speaker 3: You guys can keep Judge.
Speaker 1: Just give us broke back, especially Kyle Harrison looking really bad over his last like ten starts.
Speaker 3: Well he's got an elbow.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, that's not really seems like a good fit.
Speaker 3: Ye say, he's been battling Fornas. There's another starting pitcher on this Mets list that also seems like a fit for the Brewers. But I think that Freddie again on this list, ninety nine percent chance he gets traded right now.
Speaker 1: Again just talking about because we'll talk about this as a whole, like innings pitch that the these playoff teams need that are competing for it right now. So towards the bottom of the list, you've got the White Sox need it, Nationals need it, Padres need it, Blue Jays need it. These are all teams that want to compete for a playoff spot. Are they playoff teams?
Speaker 2: In my mind? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's not really important, but they probably are going to go for it right now. Rays could always use a little bit more pitching. You've got the Astros on here, You've got the Brewers, You've got the Cubs. Like, there's teams floating around that need starting pitching in the Mets might stumble into it. Should we talk about the other starter Pitcher.
Speaker 3: Right now, might as well do it.
Speaker 2: Clay Holmes.
Speaker 1: I uh, we got the news from Will sam And that Clay Holmes is very open to talking mid season extension with the New York Mets. I think they should extend immediately.
Speaker 2: If he wants an extension right now, give him a couple more years.
Speaker 1: I'm totally in, especially because we know how valuable it is to have innings in The Mets don't really have a lot of innings on the book for next year, so I would love to see Clay Holmes come back as a New York Met.
Speaker 2: But he also might give us maybe.
Speaker 1: More value if he comes back and has a couple good starts than Freddy.
Speaker 3: But I don't think he has any chance to get in the mounds before the deadline because he.
Speaker 2: Threw today on the mound.
Speaker 3: He threw today, and he said also in that Will Salmon article he wants his next start to be in the majors. That seems crazy, but honestly, I why not just try something like that, Because he gets on the mount, his value goes up. I also think there is a fear with Clay Holmes, a guy that over the last two years has dramatically increased his workload and a guy with a player option that there is going to be the fear. I know, the baseball perspective. Guys have mentioned this recently, Jeffrey and Jarrett that the Shane Bieber trade last year probably and rightfully has scared teams from trading for guys with player options, because it wouldn't be that surprising for Clay Holmes to either aggravate this injury or pick up another injury and be like, oh, I'm just gonna pick up that player option, never mind, and then now a sudden he's on the books for a team that wasn't anticipating that, and that kind of changes the calculus.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think that it's still possible, like to see teams being weird about that.
Speaker 1: I do, but I also think sometimes and this is something that you smart heeads might do, and especially like prospect this guys know a lot, but I think they might almost sometimes be too smart for their own good in this sense where teams a.
Speaker 2: Lot of front officers.
Speaker 1: Are still not that smart, so they are gonna be like good pitcher, like I'm not thinking about that he could pick up his player option, which is still pretty cheap upon another injury. Like, I don't think that many front offices do think like that. I think the best front offices do, but that's not how the trade deadline always operates.
Speaker 3: And I also think that was a unique situation with Bieber specifically last year, because he would actively had an arm injury he was.
Speaker 1: I mean, we always like kind of off air. We're like, he's got roast beef, elbow and arm and shoulder. Everything's roast beef there.
Speaker 3: So like the chance of Shane Bieber aggravating existing arm injury less season, we're like north of seventy percent, yes, Whereas Klay Holmes, who's been had healthy arms shoulders for the last few years, just has a freak bone injury right now. That's probably closer to what like twenty percent thirty percent, just like any other pitcher in the league, maybe a little bit more, just for the increased workload the last few years. So I think that's probably of his why. I also feel like sometimes specifically with the prospective guys that they know they're so connected with the Mets world. Yeah, and they have so many team sources from all the content they make there, the great content they make a baseball perspectives. Other teams might give shit to them to try and kill for that stuff. Yeah, because they're gonna be passed around the Mets world, which is possible too. But we'll see what winds up happening with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends if he throws a mound on the major at the major leagues before the trade deadline. But I think regardless, I do think the floor for him is probably a borderline top one hundred prospect, like the Cal Stephen thing last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again a little bit less than I think for Freddie, which that might sound crazy some Mets fans right now, but basically all the same teams we just mentioned and the slightly worst prospect or a slightly worst collection of prospects.
Speaker 2: So wouldn't hate giving him a two year extension.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't either. I think he has the player option and but like he will Samon also, I think it was Tim Brittan as well. Tim does great contract predictions. Besides Tatsui am I. This year it was they went through similar pitchers who were kind of these hybrids who then hit the market after pitching well, and looks like Clay probably gets like three for seventy really, he's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna get like the logo contract. Look with Lugo got with the Royals, what I thought, he's like three for forty five.
Speaker 3: I think it's like three for sixty. I think at the time people are like, what.
Speaker 1: Oh, he has the team option. Okay, so it's two for forty six with the team option for seventeen to be for team options the best part of this entire thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a crazy thing right there. But even like when the Mets Simon dies was thirty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're probably right. It's probably three for seventy.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Three for seventy, three for sixty. I think the best you could do. You might have to give him a little bit of juice too, But also again, not the worst idea for them to resign him. We do want this Mets team to build any momentum in the second half. But if you've got a top hunchd prospect Clay Holmes is out here, Yes, I think that's probably where it ends up.
Speaker 1: Is you're gonna give us somebody good, Well, we'll take him off your hand, or you can have them. That's where it ends up. Open for business, Open for business, who could that guy be. Let's just throw out a name to let the people get excited at home.
Speaker 3: Uh for a top a borderline top hundred prospect that could be moved for Clay Holmes. Yeah, oh, let's scrawl right now. Let's think about this, you put let's pull up different top hundred lists.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to pipeline.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, you do Baseball America because you know you gotta.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do Baseball America. Shout out Baseball America.
Speaker 3: Shout out Baseball America. Shoutout Pipeline. Shout baseball perspective. A lot of great prospect work out there. I don't know, like, could you sneak away go through the list? I've I've fallen in love with Nolan Perry from the Blue Jays. He's a big riser from me. I don't know if he's going anywhere. I just I think that right now Christians is what Just like Jet Williams. Yeah, Jackson Wiggins has dealt with injuries, but I don't see the Cubs moving him for Clay Homes. I see him making sense for Freddy possibly, but then see it at Jefferson Rojas from the Cubs. If Pedro mirrors is too good. Yeah, Jefferson Rowss.
Speaker 2: So what you like?
Speaker 3: Do you even think he's like a fifty future value?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: I think he's just like a a at best league average hitting shortstop with plus defense.
Speaker 3: Back to the Yankees to be a starting pitcher.
Speaker 2: That would be so funny, that would be very funny.
Speaker 3: The Yankees have some pretty exciting arms the back end of the top one hundred who I think are kind of missed on some of these rankings.
Speaker 2: Nah that the Ashers never trade this guy, there's no shot.
Speaker 3: Have you seen Christian Hernandez making big strides in the Marlins organization? Really, that would be a fun one for Clayhoff Marlins. Had Marlins put out today, they're going to be like what they say, like temperate buying, responsible buying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, responsibly buying, which is very funny. Line.
Speaker 1: Any chance we could get Savior and Nions. He's a borderline top one hundred guy right now.
Speaker 2: He's so good.
Speaker 3: He loves Savior Nions. I love a lefty with a big swing, Lefty, big swing. I think he misses around the corner. Raffield, he's running like he's he's like hilarious. Three true outcomes though, you just want to try Ryan Clifford again. Yes, it makes your strikeout as much. I think he will when you move up levels. Who cares And he swings like twenty percent of the time I saw the think he's running like at thirty percent. Walk right for the last like three weeks.
Speaker 2: That's my dog right there. Gibe left you with a big swing.
Speaker 3: He also he's popped a one sixteen.
Speaker 2: That's so hard.
Speaker 3: That might have been in college with the no he was he was high school.
Speaker 2: He was high school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean maybe we'll see. But that does make sense in the starting pitching market, even just like a quick referendum on the trademark. In general, there are no fucking sellers.
Speaker 2: No, there's not. We're one of the clear sellers, which is kind of.
Speaker 3: Sick, kind of sick, also kind of sad. I mean, if we were depressing, if we were in the American League, we still have a shop like the Baltimore Orioles forty three and fifty one, four games out. The Tigers are three games out in the lost column right now.
Speaker 2: They might they might not trade Tark School.
Speaker 3: I don't think they are the Red Sox the.
Speaker 1: World where they don't trade tex School. Well, we might get a top fifty for Freddy Pearl.
Speaker 3: The Red Sox are one game out in the lost column and they're five games under five hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh, the American League sucks so bad.
Speaker 3: The Cardinals are four games over five hundred and they're in they're three games out two in the lost column.
Speaker 1: That's the worst thing about what's been going going on with That's why we should lock out.
Speaker 2: The American League's a joke.
Speaker 3: That's a poor player right there. But like, I don't even know if the Reds are going to sell. You can don't only have that much to cells. Really us, the Rockies also have very little to sell. It's really us the Giants. The Royals are not selling. They announced that.
Speaker 1: And also just talking about pictures, the Reds of the rock the Rockies have nobody that's a good picture. The Giants have one good picture. And I don't think they're trading logan webs so like.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean maybe after it's Tyrade on Twitter, but we'll see about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from the logan web bad annoying dude sucks. But all right, and.
Speaker 1: Then final starting picture you talking about for the Mets really quickly it's summertime.
Speaker 4: You know what we do at FT We look for hacks. How can we feel like we can do it all outside with something that's breathable, something that feels premium. FABLETICX hooks us up. I've got the cloud jersey t It is super soft crats, but it works at the gym, it works when I'm on the show, it works when I'm going to meetings. It is the true super utility player.
Speaker 5: So same here. Difference is I got the nice stripe across, so you can have style and also have versatility because you know what, I'm gonna go to the gym probably in the same stuff that I'm gonna have my meetings in, and the same stuff that I'm gonna go out and have breakfast in. So you know what. This is where Fabletics got me and Kratz.
Speaker 4: Everyone can shop now at fabletics dot com. Slash foul to get seventy to eighty percent off everything when you sign up as a new VIP. Take a quick style quiz and be sure to select foul when prompted to unlock this offer. This is a limited time offer, so don't wait again. That's fabletics dot Com slash foul for seventy to eighty percent off everything as a new VIP.
Speaker 3: Is he a starting pitcher?
Speaker 1: I think that team's on the true Who would ever be interested in trading for Code I Sanga probably use him as a reliever this year with hopes that they can get him back to a starter.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He won't be traded for as a starting pitcher because he's not really one right now.
Speaker 2: You can't hybrid trade.
Speaker 3: I don't think any team in the playoff race would be give Code I Sanga the ball and say, hey, get us fifteen outs.
Speaker 2: Oh I could I could find some teams that would.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like you have to be so desper I think that Houston Ashros totally would. I think that the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't a heartbeat.
Speaker 3: I guess the Padres actually are the one that would White Sox and Nationals would give him a look. You and again, Steve Cohen showed the willingness to do this in the past. But you have to pay down like what half of his contract next year to even get any prospect of value for him.
Speaker 2: What's he do right now?
Speaker 3: I think he's something between thirteen and fifteen if I remember correct.
Speaker 1: Looking on Baseball Reference real quick, So Code I is saying his contract corner Baseball Reference would be so that half of the contract this year, so half of fifteen, and then.
Speaker 2: Fifteen million next year. So he's gonna be due half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, about twenty million, twenty plus million over the next two years. He has a team option for fifteen million and twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you probably would have to pay half of it. You give ten million in Code I, and you probably get a toolsy prospect.
Speaker 3: Someone who's like a helium guy that could be the top hundred next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like top two fifty right now.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't even think you get like one of my favorite helium prospects and the astros is Kevin Alvarez. He's gonna be in the Features game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Right now, is he not.
Speaker 3: He's a fring you guys, probably a top one twenty five guy. But he's like I think next year he's the top hundred guy pretty easily. But he's he's on such a gesture. There's no way you get a guy like that. But I don't I don't know, I'd want to get coded off the team because for this addition by subtraction. But I still don't think that you get anything of value and you're paying him to play against you.
Speaker 2: What are the odds the Mets trade code?
Speaker 3: I sanga thirty percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna go about twenty five.
Speaker 3: I think Holmes is like forty percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna go thirty for him, So okay, I think he's a little more likely.
Speaker 2: I think it really does depend if he pitches.
Speaker 3: All right, let's nail the relievers.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, And we're not mentioning Sean and I we don't think he's gonna get traded or and I also don't think the Mets should trade him.
Speaker 3: I didn't you think there's a chance he was getting traded?
Speaker 2: That name?
Speaker 3: You're just saying that name surprised me.
Speaker 1: If the Twitter people have talked about him, who, I don't know. With the articles I see things.
Speaker 3: No nonsense, probably twitther people, but whatever. Relievers, Yes, Luke Weaver, aj Minzer Brooks, Raili Are, I wanna be honest with you some of the jewels of the trade market right now.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna be honest with you, guys, one chance. I think they all get traded.
Speaker 3: I think Minter and Raili are one hundred percent. I think Weavers seventy five percent.
Speaker 1: Because there's so few sellers, I think, I think you have to trade Weaver.
Speaker 3: I think Weaver having another year of a contract it makes one and Scarce teams off, so I think you might get less for him than some Mets fans would like to believe. And two, it makes the Mets who do want to be competitive next year say, yes, this is a guy that we could keep on. So that's why now I sold seventy five the other guys are one hundred.
Speaker 1: Now from those three, I guarantee you that one of the things that we get back is gonna be a thirty fourth pick from the Pittsburgh Pirates, which will have happened by the time you guys listen to this. Then yes, Well, because the draft starts at New And on Saturday, they're gonna move them. They're getting it.
Speaker 3: I also there's a rumor that went out that got a lot of steam today on Friday on Twitter that the Pirates are floating the fourth overall pick, which I didn't know that was allowed.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't think you can trade that pick. Well, why was that being reported? Who is it being re Let's see, I don't think that's I don't think you can. I thought I thought you can only trade the comp.
Speaker 2: Was it competitive round picks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Compensatory?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you could only trade those.
Speaker 3: Kyler McDaniel, Oh, is competitive and compensatory whatever? Not draft guys, Kyler mcdan until next week. Kyler McDaniel actually said, I've had at least a half dozen teams tell me they made a run at this pick. The asking price seems to be a good Major League believer, the Cub's fourth oh thirty fourth overall pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you can trade four.
Speaker 3: That was stupid by me, all right, hand up, I bet listen, everybody makes mistakes. Pull that one back.
Speaker 2: But I'd love that pick if feels available.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, I should have been. I messed up my tweet. Then that should have been Brooks rally instead of instead of uh, Luke Weaver said of Luke Weaver, Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: I was gonna give you shit about that.
Speaker 1: I was like, I said there yesterday, You're like, that's Brooks really, and now you're saying it's Luke Weaver.
Speaker 3: I today was one of my few coffee days I had. I've been NonStop this whole day, so totally misread. Also the fourth pick, which I would do that for Luke Weaver no shape, But thirty fourth pick makes more sense. Brook Brooks Railey ag.
Speaker 2: Yes, which they're definitely going.
Speaker 1: There are two of the low key, really good left handed relievers in Major League Baseball. Everybody could use more left handed relievers. How many good left handed bats there are?
Speaker 3: Pirates can use any reliever right now. Have you seen the state of the Pirates' bullpen.
Speaker 1: It's pretty much non existent. It's it's pretty horrible, which kind of crazy to think about.
Speaker 3: I mean, it kind of made sense the beginning of the year. It was a very boom er bust bullpen. Sadly half these guys have busted. I do wonder if Pause Yore they're going to just be in the reliever market heavy. They have decent prospects of trade. We are a very very natural match for the Pirates, possibly again by the time this even comes.
Speaker 2: Out, which would be great.
Speaker 1: I hope we do move one of these guys for that pick. But every single team in baseball could use more relievers. As trying to compete for the playoffs. That's why the Mets again are kind of in the driver's seat with these dudes, and what do we expect back. I don't It's probably like fringe top two fifty guys, right, I think for those guys, yes, which is why thirty fourth overall pick makes sense.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit better than that. But for Weaver, again, I think we'ves a tough guy of values. I think a lot of these teams don't like a twelve ten million dollar price tag on or reliever for next season, and that actually might hurt his value. Again, it might be situation where we're paying like five mil to actually get any prospect that's a fifty future value, which future fifty future value means a guy who can be started at the major league level.
Speaker 2: One day, which I think is worth it at that point.
Speaker 1: And we've seen Steve Cohen talk about the value of prospects that they are the most valuable thing in terms of like money that you invest first money back. So I feel like him spending five million dollars to cover some of Luke Weaver to go get a guy who could be one of the most valuable assets in the organization feels.
Speaker 2: Like a money move, definitely.
Speaker 3: I think the Yankees are a team that makes sense for all three of these guys as well the very rare Mets Yankee trade weaver. Of course, he's proven himself there, and they have a few pitching prospects who are way down their public lists that I like. I know he got the spots start last week and e didn't pitch well. But Brendan Beck, he's kind of erratic. He's early twenty seven, but he has good stuff for Like, if you tell me get a twenty seven year old star there for a j mint or maybe something else, I'm like, that's I signed up for that. In a second, I don't, I'm not as interested I like it. I mean, I just how badly do we need like guys who are fringing major league stars right now?
Speaker 2: So badly insanely bad?
Speaker 3: Makes a lot of sense, But like, there's there's a lot of those kinds of guys in some of these teams. Who's another team needs a reliever?
Speaker 1: Uh, let me see, I'm gonna I'm just gonna do my boring. Like let's sort by e r a bullpeny ra for competitive teams I'll tell you the Cubs are another Twins have said that they want to bolster the bullpen.
Speaker 2: They just trade for Tommy Nance.
Speaker 3: They did trade for Tommy Nance, who kind of stinks.
Speaker 1: Nationals could use it as a team. I think that's competing for the playoffs. Have fun Cardinals. Cardinals could definitely use some I like, I know the Philly's back end is locked up, but they could just get more arms in there if you want to give them something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, wow, Can we try White Sox?
Speaker 3: Can we try and take a shot in either Brandon Clark or Yorker Fajardo haven't been as good in the Cardinals system this year.
Speaker 2: I'd love to take a shot at Brandon Clark.
Speaker 3: I wonder what I wonder what they think about Yiro pad doing finleet. He's trying to get some money right now, so that's what maybe sad.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that's like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Ty Pete, who they traded for, who's actually played pretty well. I do wonder if they just want to get off a high risk, high reward prospect, if we could take a shot on that.
Speaker 2: Dodgers could always use more bullpen.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about the Dodgers. I guess whatever. The Dodgers Marlins's have a great bullpen, but John King did just go in the injured list, so they do need some help there they Again, these relievers are gonna have tons of southers. These are the most likely guys in mest trade. One hundred percent Raleian mentor one hundred percent gone. Yes, might you think you think I'm too long weaver for seventy five percent?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I'm too high? Yeah, which is probably worth seventy five percent makes the most sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, split the miller right there? These are These are the guys get moved.
Speaker 2: One reliever that I would love to see get moved but will not Devin Williams. I'm doubt I'm done with him.
Speaker 3: I don't even think it's worth putting him on the list. I do just hate And I said this then I kind of bought back in by the time the season started, and I say it now like I just hate two pitch relievers who don't have a good fastball. You don't have a great fastball.
Speaker 2: His fastball is okay at best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a fine fastball. IFI fve fastballs ing hilosophy still has great extension, and he keeps trying to mess around with these pitches that move left. The color and the slide that are in there. It's just it just seems like it's a very difficult throw for him because it's just not how he's just just doesn't he just pronated so hard. That's part to do something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just been not good.
Speaker 3: He's still missing the bats, he's still getting the strikeouts, but the walks and just once in a while, the ball that gets hit hard just destroys you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know, just being fastball changeup was scary anytime, especially if you're gonna have to face Rioty's a bunch. Yeah, No, I do.
Speaker 3: I mean his change up is not really a change of though I know it's it's the airbender, but it's a freak. It's like a freak reverse curve balls kind of demon But.
Speaker 2: Then just two pitch, just be dominant. Two pitch.
Speaker 3: You're not you're not training guy in a three year contract.
Speaker 2: No, I wish that we could, though I would pay at all get rid of him, I.
Speaker 3: Mean kind of for me for his money. Thank god, he doesn't make that much. No, with a deferrals. He's what true value eleven million year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that much.
Speaker 3: It's whatever.
Speaker 2: It's far right, he'll be the closer next year. But hits hitters. I got three of them.
Speaker 3: I got three of them, and these are ones that I think two are really cool. Likely to get traded. I think one is not.
Speaker 2: And which one do you think is not likely to get traded.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Mesa trading Francisco Alvarez.
Speaker 1: Nope, I'm standing hard on Francisco Alvarez gets the teams in the door and was like, we'll take a lot lesson you could have Luise to Renz.
Speaker 3: Which I wonder if I don't know. This season was kind of falling apart when the gave's freends extension. We didn't really understand it whatsoever. But maybe it's just to give teams a fixed costs because they try to trade them. It would be really funny to trade them back to the Yankees, who apparently have interest.
Speaker 2: Would be sick.
Speaker 3: We got him from the Yankees for one hundred grand and if we get any player that has a chance to contribute to the major league level one day, it's incredibly worth it. Yeah, I mean like, just take a shot on the Yankees draft the biggest dudes ever. Go find a big dude that plays the outfield and hits the ball hard, and then we can probably just sign a very capable part time catcher in free agency. This ye because theyre always available.
Speaker 2: Backup catchers are the easiest thing to find.
Speaker 3: Found Louise Trenz.
Speaker 2: You literally found Luis Torenz.
Speaker 1: If Hayden Sanger ever hit better than four hundred ohs, he's a great backup catcher.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer Playball Swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller Tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 3: I think the most fun guy to talk about from this group, and fun is the is the operative void here Mets fans Louis Robert Jr. Because he's coming back right after the All Star break and he has a fixed cost next year if you want to keep him, and he needs to fixed costs for the RESCI the I don't know who's gonna I mean, someone might still want to keep him, which is very funny to say. But we've seen Louise Robert Jr. Get scalding hot for a short period of time. Yes, and we even saw while he really tailed off before he got injured the beginning of this season. He probably was playing through a bad back and he was showing good things under the hood, and he showed good things under the hood last year. And I do think a lot of teams were probably in conversations with the White Sox, who are definitely more ornery of a franchise to deal within the Mets and trade conversations. I think there's actually very much a market here, and I think that a team that I mean, I don't think the Phillies are anymore because Justin Crawford has kind of has kind of shirt up. I would like to see the Cardinals think about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like a better version of Victor Scott or not a better version.
Speaker 3: Well, he hasn't played.
Speaker 2: Guy's been Church, Nathan Church. I think that is something I feel so weird about Louise Robert.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see him leave, but I know that, you mean, at some point you got you gotta be okay with this. Given I got to see ninety plate appearances of this guy, that's heartbreaking for me.
Speaker 3: I think the Astros, the Rays, the Tigers, I mean, the Nationals would be kind of sick, honestly, the Padres, the Guards. I think, especially if you pay down, you can get a legit prospect, or if you package Robert with a reliever, then we're looking like a top one hundred prospect. Like I think that's actually something very much in play. I think it is more valuable than most mess fans would want to admit.
Speaker 1: I do wonder like because you mentioned under the hood this stuff really didn't look bad. He just like starts struggling for like three weeks when ice cold and looking at like seventeen percent Carrea. It's not like he was swinging and missing more. It's not like he was getting on base. It was simply just like the quality of contact was worse, which probably is linked to that.
Speaker 3: Back definitely, and the bat speed was still there, and he was drawing more walks than he ever had. He was chasing, not chasing very much out of his own It was just very poor quality of contact, was recording the ball up, which probably is tied to that back, and he probably that's also probably was impacting him defensively. I mean, probabybe give him a little toomuch credit. Now we'll see. But Ian Vatim wants to throw him in that great arm in a corner and hit six in a playoff race.
Speaker 2: By all means, I think the Pirates, with all their injuries would be interested.
Speaker 3: Maybe the Pirates of interested. I think I think the Astros are probably the team because they just have no outfielders or the Guards. The Guards love not getting real outfielders, but acquiring one the deadline.
Speaker 1: That's true, they do. They took Lane Thomas a couple of years ago. I think Roberts got better potential than Lane Thomas.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the only other guys worth even kinds of mentioning are Vantos and Baby Baby. I mean, Vanto's probably took himself out of this conversation because he's now has broken bone in his hand. Broken bone in his hand, it's gonna be out for like a month and a half, so missing the deadline. And Baby, I think some teams will call on Beaty as like a lefty that can play around the infield. But yes, I still think that. I still think the mess just don't have a lot of even bench pieces ready for next years.
Speaker 2: He might as well just keep him.
Speaker 1: No, oh, I don't think that Brett Bady's going anywhere. This is gonna sound insane, but like he's got like a seven hundred oops over the last week. I think the Mets are like, considering you're gonna be our super utility guy. You could play second, third, first, outfield, might as well just keep you around because, like you said, there is nobody else.
Speaker 3: It's a strong side platoon eight hither. Yeah, that's that's fine. Who can run into one? That's that's better than most teams have in the eighth spot.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately for Brett Baty like you just you're just not gonna get your chance to shine with another.
Speaker 3: Team, which is which is a shame. Maybe when Brett Bay's thirty he gets that chance finally, But I think he's just he's a good piece to keep on the team.
Speaker 2: And just because Ryan Morisil still has that option, there's no reason to trade him just yet. No, well, unless someone wants him, what would you take anything for him? Right now?
Speaker 3: Basically?
Speaker 2: What would be the worst you would take?
Speaker 3: Like a guy in the DSL who's hit the ball one hundred eight miles per hour. Okay, that's not even that hard, That's what I'm saying. Well, I'm projecting physical growth there. Seven and eighteen year old just hit the ball hundred eight alright, So I'd be like, what a fifth round pick in the draft that's committed to an se see here at ACC school that you give a second round bonus two. I could see that that conceptually, but from the Dominican Republic. Last thing I'm gonna say before we wrap this one up. Are there any prospects that you think could be on the move in the Mets system for a player that has some like weird control type stuff, Like, do we think that there's a world that the Mets consider moving on from any of winninger tongue anything like that in a trade where they could get a picture with like two three years of control. I don't remember if it was Salmon or Rosenthal, but they threw cold water on the Mets trading tongue that they still see him with a lot of value. I wonder if a team seeking a fourth outfielder if they're not interested in Tyrone Taylor wants Nick more Abie though, and the Mets can flop more be though as a fringe major league outfielder for like a fringier major league pitcher, like you know what I mean, like the eighth starting pitcher in someone's organization, the ninth starting pitcher for more b though, I think that can intrigue someone otherwise.
Speaker 2: Not really Yeah, no, I mean I'm kind of with you on that. I don't see it happening.
Speaker 1: I also don't know who those players even are the Mets will be interested in, but something keep an eye out for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's it.
Speaker 3: Though it's ten players the Mets might could, possibly should, maybe will trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys can let us know down the comment section why Francisco Lindoor is going to be traded and we are wrong, even though everyone in the world who knows baseball knows that's not happening. But my Francesa said it, so it must be true. Subscribe to Mets up over on YouTube. If you're listening to us Apple podcasts, Spotify, Google, drop a rating, drop a review, download and subscribe. You can follow James on social media at James Shanna and I'm Draftnick Mark.
Speaker 2: We'll catch guys on the next one.
Speaker 3: Peace Out, peace out, guys, Comets