Speaker 1: They had an owner at one point where he was straight mob and he would always get like three or four fighters. And there's either's a video online where he came in the locker room and goes, I don't give a fuck. He was opening face off. You just fight, so opening face off. They just attack their five players start beating the ship out of them. It's like, come into the locker room with like AK forty seven's like yelling at the guys, refs calling to.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait wait, running in with AK forty sevens.
Speaker 1: Leave down.
Speaker 3: That's how we usually do our podcast. A run oh never makes it and makes it.
Speaker 2: This episode of Busting with the Boys is brought to you by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 4: We have the boy biz Nasty on.
Speaker 1: It's great are having you guys on board. Sam.
Speaker 3: I know you guys are new, but if you don't clap next time when we clap, there's gonna be so fu right.
Speaker 1: We have biz Nasty on the podcast noise Yeah. Is it okay to clip?
Speaker 3: It's okay to ourselves sometimes if you're the only one to do it for yourself, you still got a clap, right, So you're getting a place here, you bought a place here, a little lot of land in August.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I closed on a place and uh, I mean I played here for five years, and I mean it's it's hard to go back up north to Canada during the winter time. So I'm like, fuck it, and I work for the team here still the Coyotes. Yeah, just down the street. I don't want to give the address out on here. I might have a couple of boosties.
Speaker 3: No doubt people coming out here. This is good area though, dude.
Speaker 1: We got I got one point one three acres. Yeah, it's good. Yeah, maybe a tennis court in there.
Speaker 3: Do you play tennis?
Speaker 1: No, just just just bach. People have tennis courts. That's all that matters.
Speaker 3: I want to give up the facade that I'm rich ash fucked yeah correct, Yeah, I play it all. No, but like if people, if you know the place of ship, you get practice here.
Speaker 4: That's how boys come and stay, you know, if you want to get a work out. We got a tennis court out back. I don't want a tennis court.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't want to play doubles.
Speaker 3: No, I can't be doing.
Speaker 1: I don't want my kids playing hard sports, just like golf and all the country club sports.
Speaker 3: I can't be having my kids do the country club sports. I got a weird thing against country clubs. I live in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously we.
Speaker 2: Both do yeah, And the long the more we get into it, and every time you bring up the more the more there is confusion with h.
Speaker 3: I just he's not a golf When you golf, you're basically saying I'm better than you. And I know it.
Speaker 4: You know, you're talking to mister saying bag.
Speaker 1: I know I'm I'm not good at any of these country club sports. And I was just fucking Josh and I am not a country club guy.
Speaker 3: As you guys listen, he's just trying to fit in. Yeah either, boy, I'm not either, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like, I went with my friends.
Speaker 4: To one of the I'm about it, by the way, I'm about it.
Speaker 3: That's the first interruption of our podcast. That happens all the time. I went with a friend to with their kids, our kids, our friends, and we're friends whatever. So we gore at the country club that they're member of. And it's unbelievable, dude, they got people feeding you drinks all day and it's on some weird tab that doesn't exist at the end of the year, like the kids are having a blast. There's a splash pad and then bigger kids can slide on the big slides, and I'm like, this is fucking awesome. But then there's something in the back of my head that tingles. I'm from Cave Creek, which is like forty five Oh no way, okay, Yeah, I grew up here, and my mom would always drive down to Scottsdale, like my biological mother, and she'd always be like, look at these fucking hoity toity mother, and like she kind of en grated at my head, like if you were rich, you fucking you're not.
Speaker 1: You're not shit, Like mamaays, maybe I'll put my lot up for sale. It's funny you say that, though I originally looked in Cave Creek because you can get I think more Land and you're a little bit more excluded. But I love that there. It's just like it's you know, a little harder to develop it, and then you're dealing with a lot of like snakes and rodents and shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the funniest thing you said about that is that that tab that doesn't exist until you get the bill at the end of the year. Which is just a kick in the nuts. And you mentioned Nashville. I think they're doing a just discovery property out there. What's a discovery property? So this guy, Meldman and another guy, they started developing these like fantasy lands for for all the HEIGHTI tities as you like to call them.
Speaker 3: I think the titi is not the word I use, but that's officially the word I use now.
Speaker 1: So they got one in Cordelaine, Idaho called Gauzer and that was the first everone that I went to. And they have one of the nicest golf courses in North America on a Gretzky's got a place there. A lot of the hockey guys kind of gravitated towards it. And I went and visited Sheldon Surrey and this you know, you get to the whole too, and they have this little like shack and you go inside. It's got every snack and food you can imagine on the golf course. And it's cool. But like you said, it's I'm like, oh, like, there's no money exchange here. It's like no, no, they just give you a bill at the end of the month. Yes, it fucking bens. Snickers is like six bucks. Yeah, no fuck around.
Speaker 2: But you go on an invite out to a country club, I mean you're living the thing her guests you're living.
Speaker 3: I think I have the biggest issue because I've kind of gotten over the whole like rich people are bad thing because I'm an adult.
Speaker 4: Now you're rich.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, hey Taylor, he's the country club atmosphere. He if he throws any kind of party, Like that's the type of life you're living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you and you're probably getting fucking five five mil signing bonus system through the Tennessee Titans too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, things are doing okay for me of my torn a cl I can't run, but I make a lot of money, so my decent right now.
Speaker 1: At least they didn't cut Yeah. Yeah, Hey listen, it's it's like World War Z out there, dude.
Speaker 3: Shit is going down with the NFL and the season starts like the new League years. Sort's the seventeenth, so it's like a tampering period. Now the cap room came down. We'll get into all that, dude, But this shit's like it's the Wild West in the NFL right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've been seeing it online and I was I was gonna not to be good, not gonna come here, be too harsh. But any NFL owners are like they're fucking assholes.
Speaker 3: Are they really hard?
Speaker 1: They're fucking cut they How are they different than an NHL owner? Guaranteed contracts?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yours, this conscience just spend over like seven to nine years like Crosby Sudden, Like what one hundred million dollar deal?
Speaker 1: It's like a nine year, one hundred million dollar deal. Yeah. Yeah, I just I just feel like it's more like you're shaking someone's hand and they're they're gonna guarantee you the money you're get. Now there, you can get bought out, but if you're out outside of your entry level and it goes on maybe I think maybe five years into your career, you at least have to give them two thirds of what you signed for. So if you do, in fact get bought out, you're seeing two thirds of your money. But you you also don't have to work like after that, right, you don't work for it.
Speaker 4: You guys get bought out like that.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot less rare than it's happening in the NFL. Like I just kind of been poking my head online the last couple of days and it's just guys are dropping like flies.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but then you so let me ask you this, what's the deal with this guy who signed with the Saints where it was one hundred and forty million?
Speaker 3: But listen, I know exactly where you're going. You're talking about Taysom Hill. Yes, that's the moment missile. Yeah, dude, So this guy is like, dude is a Swiss army knife. He's a a I think it's a decent quarterback. He's a better quarterback than me. So it's hard for me to tough shit. But like, yeah, he's not like, he's not Aaron Rodgers, not Russell Wilson, he's not Ryan Tannehill. He's a good quarterback. He's a special teams guy. He does all these special teams. He crushes it. He's like a big Swiss.
Speaker 1: Army knife guy, can play running plays, running back pot to himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's see who's the who's the black dude, That big thick black dude that does the joke and that grabs the ballos assistant coach, tight end, receiver, running back, quarterback. You've seen that Cruz No, no, and it's like it's something different swinging to miss on this one.
Speaker 1: But so, dude, that's don't care. It's like a big joke.
Speaker 3: Around the league that like, this dude's like a franchise cour this franchise quarterback, and now they're giving him four years one hundred and forty million, some ridiculous thing like that. Yeah, but every every year is voidable. So it's like, really, the contract's only like twenty million.
Speaker 1: Dollars monopoly money is it's weird.
Speaker 2: Dude, avoidable year or whatever, those avoidable years because Levante signed one and it was two years for twenty.
Speaker 1: Vante Davis's buddy twenty million.
Speaker 2: Guaranteed seven and a half at signing, and so they add these void years. They added like three void years to his contract, and so essentially the signing bonus, instead of being spread over two years and affecting the cap, they added on these three voidable like ghost years, so they can spread the cap.
Speaker 4: Out for five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cap gymnastics. Yeah, that's the term. I learned this as well. So you're you're like the wit of the podcast, and you're more like because you're like you were on the practice squad at some point. Oh yeah, yeah, Yeah, I was. Yeah, I was in the AHL for part of my career. I was even in the league lower than that the HL. I played in the OHL coming up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you read a book, dude, you actually did some research, dude. My brother got drafted for juniors for Metro Moose. He was played a Corpus Christie. Yeah, so did all that. He burned out. He's kind of hippi opt but whatever as far as he goes.
Speaker 1: But he was like I did too. I just was able to survive a little longer.
Speaker 2: Explain the leagues because I was looking at that stuff. It's like, you played how many years pro?
Speaker 1: I played twelve years pro? And that's like the one thing that's nice about hockey is you can go over to Europe and play, Like I turned the NHL lockout. I went over and playing Cardiff Wales in the English ei HL, the English English Ice Hockey League and U it was a blast. But you at least have options, whereas like NFL, if there's not that, although they are creating the XFL back up again, or you can go CFL, but CFL doesn't pay nearly as much and they have way different rules too, way different rules. Although is trying to combine it all. The Rock is.
Speaker 4: Dude, the Rock, he might do it, though he really might.
Speaker 1: He was one guy who could.
Speaker 3: He touches. Yeah, he turns it into I.
Speaker 1: Think the CFL is struggling as far as money. But going back to the hockey thing is is you know when I signed, usually there was an NHL team with an HL affiliate, and even some of them had an EHL affiliate. Where I started out my professional career with the Wheeling Nailors and Wheeling West Virginia, so Wheeling awesome. So you could basically be as bad at hockey once you hit pro and you're going to find somewhere to play. So it's kind of nice for for actual money.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, because like in the laite, it's like in the NFL, you bring up a practice squad year or like CFL or anything like that, it's kind of like you don't necessarily count them is like pro years, Like guys won't allow you to count them as like pro years. But it seems like a hockey if you play in any of these professionals, you get to count them as like.
Speaker 3: They kind of take on the definition of pro like pro is being paid to do a service, right, right, right, that's what you do. But like Europe's like no joke. You can you go over there and they pay you obviously less. But my boy, I have a buddy that plays in Germany and like his house is paid for, his cars paid for it, like.
Speaker 1: He has no bills.
Speaker 3: So everything and give him is gravy.
Speaker 1: And and and in most cases is at least as a hockey player. When you go over there, it's tax free money, like they cover the taxes somehow.
Speaker 3: So they like if you're contracting one hundred and then they have to pay twenty thousand taxi.
Speaker 1: They have to cover the taxes and then and then. I've also talked to buddies who who have played in Russia, including Wit and in some cases they're dropping off like moneys and money and Duffel bags. That's to the rink. There's guys who have had to Russia.
Speaker 4: That's Russia.
Speaker 1: Your league is the sec of hockey kind of there's no rules. It is a it is a free for all. Like the stories of guys having to like cut goalies, cutting open their pads and stuffing the money in their pads and resewing them. Oh no, them giving out the money before practice, and then you go on the ice and you come back and the money's gone out of your stall, and it's like too bad. So sad stories of guys, Oh two bads, what do you mean? Like the money's in there, and then they go to practice. They would hand out everybody's money before.
Speaker 4: So with this money, you go into the locker, you steal his money. It's like too boch.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all mob ran over there. Everything there was a rock run. Oh in the KHL. There are insane KHL stories, probably the best professional stories. I mean, we've had guys. We had a guy named Tim Stapleton come on our podcast and he was he was injured and he was trying to play through it. And they were on a long road trip and it got to the point where he's like, hey, my grind's fucked up. I So he They're like, all right, fine. They sent them back to the town to get rehab and not continue the road trip because it's just another body to pay for hotel rooms, YadA YadA. And he'd been noticing that every time he would come back from road trips, he thought there was like a ghost in this place because furniture was always moved a little bit. Well, he comes home early from the road trip. He opens up the door and it's bolted and finally knocks, and the guy who'd rented him the place was living there with his family when he would go on the road. So he ends up spending the night on the couch with this whole guy's whole time, you caught me, you caught me? Oh man gets somebody who played in the KHL an old school guy. I think the league has progressively cleaned up a little bit by little, just because people were HEARDing the stories and it was hard for them.
Speaker 4: Because of the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because, yeah, because of social media. But what was another one? Oh, like guys having to open up a bank there to put their money in the next thing, you know, they go there and like the bank no longer exists, and guys being out of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, there is they would do this Russian gas sometimes day of games where they would get they would get the vitamins like needles stuck in him, like wit Wit one time did the vitamins and he's like, biz, I've never felt so good on the ice of my entire life. I don't know what. I don't know what was being put in me. Oh no, it's They had an owner at one point where he was straight mob and he would always get like three or four fighters. And there's either's a video online where he came in the locker room and goes, I don't give a fuck. He was opening face off, you just fight, so opening face off. They just attacked their five players, start beating the ship out of them. It's like, come into the locker room with like AK forty seven's like yelling at the guys. Ref's calling to.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, wait, running in the AK forty sevens.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. The same owner, the same owner that told the whole team to scrap and he always wanted fighters on his squad. I think Jack Josh Gratton was on the team at one point. Uh nasty morasty Jeremyablanski, who we also had on our podcast, who told that story about how he wanted them all fighting off the hop but the ref was calling too many penalties on their team, and he came down out of the box down to the ice and had a conversation with the raft and was basically like, if you call one more penalty, I'm gonna kill your family. So it was just there was no more penalty.
Speaker 3: There was no more penalty.
Speaker 1: The KHL is the craziest league on the planet, or at least at one point. Once it's it's it's changed a little bit. As I said, the stories go on for days.
Speaker 3: Whenever we were part of something like that, I wish like the league was kind of like that a little bit.
Speaker 4: Just like the wild NFL Blitz legit, like NFL Blitz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another video game too on like PlayStation.
Speaker 3: NFL Street or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, it would do the storyline and they would basically use like Lawrence Taylor is like, uh, it's like the character that would develop throughout the league.
Speaker 4: They would break, they would break.
Speaker 2: Something in their leg or in their body right, and you'd have these decisions to make to like inject them and play the.
Speaker 1: Coach.
Speaker 3: Kilmer Yeah, yeah, you gotta stick them. Slowly closes the door for the running back.
Speaker 1: You shut your mouth. You knew it was good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that control your transcripts? Yeah, how much how often did we get it, you know, get the sauce?
Speaker 3: So was he ever actually find out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, did he figure out?
Speaker 1: So I told I told the story on what was I was on PMT recently and he was over there, and uh, he shows up to the rink one day. He was playing in Sochi where they had the Olympics, and he wasn't there for long. I think he lasted half a year, just because like they would make you stay in of something called the basa night before a game. He had to go there, be away from your family and these rush these army bunkers where you know, they just it's like they want to control because they were paying you, right. Yeah, and he shows up to the rink one day and there's these metal detectors set up and he's like, well, there's never a metal detect or something. And there's another Russian player at the time walking in as he was walking in, and he's trying to gain as much information, but the guy broken English. So long story short, Putin was in on the ice, yeah, and he brought in like four or five hundred people and there was no goalies out there. It was just him and he would go skate around the ice. He'd put the puck in the empty net and then the four or five hundred people would stand up and they'd start copping no no with wit told the story and then and then he would take it out of the net and he would skate down on the other end put it in the in the net, and then they would get up and start clapping again.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that kind of is bro could you imagine, dude.
Speaker 1: But to be fair though, and listen, I'm no putin fan here. I think we're well aware he's evil. But if you have that much money, I mean it's kind of funny. The stupid ship you could do, right, yeah, no question, Look what silly ship would you do? And if you had, I'd probably be doing that. I was just pass that in the middle of the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people, still a stand up with thousand packed Titan Stadium and just do some passes like fuck yam a lot and.
Speaker 2: Just run a route tree with like everybody. I'm just showing you the ball and everybody's doing a standing here.
Speaker 1: And buy an NFL team and then sign yourself as a quarterback, receiver, tight and.
Speaker 3: Semi pro with like Will Ferrell when he's like the coach, the captain and the GM or whatever.
Speaker 1: But he wasn't allowed to go out to the ice to watch because it was blocked off. But where you saw and get your sticks ready was where the Zamboni entrance was. So he was able to get over there and and watch some of this and just see how how bizarre it was. But uh, we we have a reoccurring guest, Tim Stapleton. I mentioned another guy, Mike Commodore. But all these, all these friends of ours were able to go play in Russia and and they all have very very similar stories of of how crazy it was in its own regard. Are these days retired to Yeah, Tim Stapleton's retired. He's the one who told the story about the person living at his place. I don't Commodore was was Commodore. We actually created an animation of it. He was just at some restaurant and next thing you know, he's getting in a brawl where chairs are being thrown with these Russian dudes that he'd never even seen in his life. Had no clue as to why he was in a fistfight, but it was all going down, and we created an animation on our Spit and Chickles to YouTube channel of the whole story. We had another guy, Josh Hennessy, who came on and he told he actually went to that fighting team, but he wasn't a fighter. He was actually a decent player and he had his own experience with that owner to where he was hanging out with him and he befriended him. So he saw some of the antics. They showed up to the airport to pick him up in all of his gear and they had their guns on him and stuff. No shit, yeah, that's fucking that's the KHL. That's the KHL. I only played one time in Russia. It was at the Under eighteen World Championship and it was Yaroslav and the it was a Yaroslav. The Locomotive was their team name, and the town was it was it's hard to see, you know, he's there's nothing much. It's tough out there. Yeah, there wasn't like a blight of grass anywhere. It was just like dirt and rubbish and rubble. But I tell you what, as soon as you drove up and you saw the rink, it was immaculate. They had a bowling alley in it. They had cheerleaders dancing. But you know, during the game, during the.
Speaker 3: Team while feel was holding potatoes and vodka wishing to god, they had a penny to piss on the This was.
Speaker 1: The most intimidating building I ever played in the game. Game one we played against Team Russia. We ended up getting beat beat six to three. And Ovechkin's a year younger, but he was so good at that time over there. Uh he was playing a year up. Well at least maybe not according to his actual birth certificate. And that's a that's a a piece of paper twelve or whatever conspiracy out there. And I think he had a hat trick that game. But we came out and it was exactly as you did. Imagine the guys in the big Russian coats and the Russian hats army style and they're all over the shoulder. No they didn't have guns on them, but they were all standing up the entire game. And it was a very very intimidating atmos.
Speaker 2: Like Rocky four type, like you're over in Russian They just all the suits and it's just a business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, shipping my diaper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you eighteen dude.
Speaker 3: Going across being under eighteen and having to go into all places of Russia and the most intimidating ship.
Speaker 4: That's that's why I mean, you see that?
Speaker 2: Did you say the video going around where it's like showing these the Russian kids just beating the shit out of each other.
Speaker 1: No, I've not seen.
Speaker 4: There's like holding each other and they're just fighting. They're learning how to fight.
Speaker 1: But how old are they?
Speaker 4: They were little, they're little.
Speaker 3: There's taking punches and the gun hits and.
Speaker 2: They're learning how to fight like a hockey class things, just learning how to pull back and forth and fight.
Speaker 4: And there's just one k in the corner just beating the shit out another kid.
Speaker 3: You talk about cultural differences, like in America, we obviously live in a bubble, but like if you go to the West Coast, it's like, okay, you guys, got you dudes like that over there, and you go to the Northeast, it's like anyway you hit a part of the country, it's like there's different people, different cultures. Yeah, I feel like Russia, it's like the same thing. Like we don't do emotion here, Like you don't feel pain anymore. You drink vodka and potatoes and that's fucking what you do. It's crazy, and it's like what an American, stupid American thing to say of me. But like this ship is kind of wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean as far as the politics and every concern, I don't really have a call, but just just hearing these the hockey players going over there and experiencing this, it's it's it's obviously not normal to our standards. Yeeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Per This episode of Bustle with the Boys is brought to you by canopy Fans. The next essential tailgating accessory is right here in this ad read. I can't tell you how many hot tail gates I've been into where I've wished for nice centralized air breezing in and out. Whether you're watching at youth baseball games, barbecues, tailgates, whatever the case may be. Canopy breeze is what this thing is called. It's literally a ceiling fan that installs in portable canopies. Think youth sports tailgates, baseball games, football games, whatever you're thinking in the summer, all that shit, even things like campgrounds registration boosts, or your daughter's selling Girl Scout cookies. Anywhere you can find a portable canopy is perfect for this thing. It's rechargeable, no outlet or extension court is necessary. Run six hours total on a full battery, compatible with most outdoor canopies. It installs in seconds. There are just four hooks on the top that unfold and hang over the canopy frame. Snap the fan blades in and that's it. You operate with the remote. Everything fits in a cool case. You can just pack it in the car with all your other tail getting equipment and it will move air. It stays cool, it stays breezy. You know how sometimes the air can get a little stale under those canopies, especially when there are lots of people. Canopy breeze makes things much more comfortable for barstool listeners only. You can say fifteen percent today. Go to canopyfan dot com today and use coupon code busting that's bussi N and say fifteen percent with free shipping in the lower forty eight. Back to the episode.
Speaker 1: When you were playing, like in any league, you're obviously playing with dudes that can speak English.
Speaker 3: You just speak French. All this different shit, Like was it hard? Like in our locker room, it's easy. Everyone speaks English, dudes kind of we're all kind of around from the same area, but like everyone kind of gets along cultures different cultures, but like dudes can still shafe experience. We all went to college, We all got out of college, we all went to the league. You know, some dudes playing the CFL. That's cool story to talk about. Other than that, like the to get from a high school football player to an NFL football player, the road's pretty straight ahead, got it? You don't.
Speaker 4: That's clear.
Speaker 1: It's very clear.
Speaker 3: So like all the boys can kind of get around that with you guys, I was like, do you have a hard time like talking to dudes like some dude in a Russia, some dude from Germany. You know, I mean it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in Pittsburgh very long, but when Malcolm first came in, I was there, and yeah, he had very broken English, and I can imagine where it would be hard. He was fortunate enough where he had Sergei Gonchar there who'd played in North America a long time. But kind of alluding to your point, it would it would definitely be hard. I played junior with a guy named Thomas Chabi and he was from the Czech Republic and he could barely speak in English, and you could tell how much it was affecting him, not being with his friends and family and then coming into an environment where he couldn't even joke around with the guys. And then on top of that, the European game, depending on which country you're in, is just so different than the North American game. So what you know, they're seeing him as an NHL prospect, but they have to test it to get him over here to see if he can adapt to the North American style.
Speaker 3: What's the difference of it.
Speaker 1: Well, so they're starting to change it up. They've they've they've made the ice a little bit smaller to call it Olympic ice or or there's like sorry, there's like a there's like a level between NHL ice and Olympic ice. The Olympic ice is the ice they play over in Europe where it's so much wider, So it's it's more played like soccer. It's more based on puck possession. It's way less physical, so it's it's hard when they come over here because they have less time in space and guys are running at them a lot more. So it's just it's it's hard for them to adjust because they're getting less time to react and make plays with the puck. So yeah, it was definitely a harder transition for some than others. And some really really good players who played over in Russia who are Russian, let's say, probably made more than they would have ever made when they played over here because they weren't paying taxes and they were playing in Russia making like five six million ten years ago, so they were being paid just as much as what an NHL superstar would be in the khl oh damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you were when you were like moving in your career, like the yeah, I talked to us like we're f years old, right, because I kind of been around hockey and I have zero clue about Yeah, in Michigan, I was always with the hockey boys. I love to go down stories with that because those dudes were they're the most the most fun group, and it seems like they were the tightest group the entire time. Like football is such so many guys on one team.
Speaker 1: It's like two teams. You have the offensive fifty.
Speaker 3: Fifty three guys in the team, and ten of those guys are peace squaalsy, like sixty guys in the team, sixty three, But like in college is like one hundred and ten dudes, and it's like you don't know which way is up, Like you got your core group of dudes, but like the hockey boys just rolled together. Yeah, and so for you that has nothing to do with my question. But for you, like when did you figure out, like, if I'm going to make this thing, I gotta be a bruiser. I got I gotta sling my fists around a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I grew up as a defenseman. Yeah. And then when I hit pro I I Pittsburgh they just had a lot of d in their system. So there I mentioned. I started in the ECHL, and then when I was in HL, I was like not playing as much as I was in the coast. And given the fact that they had so many prospects and I was scrapping a little bit down these coasts, they actually were like, hey, we're going to put you on forward. When I got called up to the HL the last time, and I'd never really played forward in my life.
Speaker 4: They just said, they just told you were going to be for Yeah, the writing was on the wall.
Speaker 1: And and but you knew, yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, you know why to put me.
Speaker 1: They didn't tell me, they didn't tell me to scrap. Yeah, it was just kind of it was I going to add that to my bag. And you know, because if I didn't, I don't know how long I would have survived playing forward. So right away the switch went off. I said, Okay, I'm going to be a fourth line bruiser. And that first year in the American League, I think I was there for fifty nine games and I ended up fighting twenty nine times, and I was getting my ship pushed in boys, I was getting my eyes pumped shot, I was fighting, you know, guys and guys. I think guys in the HL there were probably juicing. Yeah, at least a couple that I know. He is kind of like not like that, No, because those guys weren't showing up to NHL training camps, or if they were, they were waiting until afterward.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, And you think their juicing just because you were getting you're getting tossed like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I just think that there was money to be made in the enforcer position in the AHL. It's like it's almost like the guys were just as tough, if not tougher, in the HL, but because there were such knock knuckle draggers that that they couldn't play at that level. Yeah, nobody, they nobody would have fought them, and they were, they weren't good enough to where they wouldn't be able to skate on NHL ace. So I took my lickings for for for that first year. And it's crazy because.
Speaker 3: How brdle was that, the taking those lickings, Like halfway through fight twenty nine times, you're sitting there at fifteen. You don't know you're fourteen more.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You'd have to go with hockey fights to see it. But it wasn't good, and you know I was I was learning and trying to survive, but it sucked because you were on the bus after the after the games, like traveling five hours on a bus back and you'd have these welts on your head and you know, you're trying to figure out how long can I keep doing this? Because I always used to get really nervous day of the game, you know, because you knew you were gonna you knew you were going to scrap, and you got up your teeth that night or you know, would you get knocked out to where it'd be messing you up.
Speaker 3: You're looking at the roster like, oh fuck, they got so and so who lights hats up?
Speaker 1: Some teams had you know, two three bruisers on them too. So I took my lickings that first year, and I was fortunate enough for the following season I actually started the year in the NHL. I ended up playing fifteen games in the show that year, but when I got sent back down. During my HL time, I think I actually got twenty nine exactly the same amount of fights back to back years in the American League. And that was probably the worst worst run as far as how much fighting I had to do, because my first year in the NHL it started deteriorating where there wasn't as much fighting. There weren't as much just heavyweights. In the NHL. You had to be able to at least play, and I think I had twenty in my first year in Phoenix, and then slowly afterward it was you know that it was fifteen, then it was ten, and the next thing, you know, it just it was not very relevant. Although I would say that fighting is kind of making a comeback.
Speaker 3: I was wondering about that. There's that company, that violent gentleman who's always got the hats to say, make hockey violent again. Love it, loved the company, love the stuff they didn't know, free shoutouts but I will say like it was like the nineties and early two thousands, like that's when dudes were who's the black French guy that was in Good Yeah, he was like, there's those dudes, those dudes that you had guys sitting on the bench just waiting. You need to kick up some dust. You send that dude out. When did they get away from that?
Speaker 1: I would probably say twenty ten is when when it and then and the problem problem too was media outlet started being very vocal about the CTE. Yeah, so there was a lot of pressure from the media, especially Canadian media, in order to weed it out, and even to the point in junior leagues to start it. When they were young, they implemented you were only allowed to fight ten times, and if you fought once, you would be out of that game, whereas before you can get up to three fights and the third fight you kicked out. So they started handling it at the lower levels and even in the OHL and those lower leagues that you talked about, the junior leagues, it's it's still the same where you can only fight I think ten times max. And even I think I believe in the AHL now, which is the league below is it's.
Speaker 3: Ten fight rule. In the NHL, play ten fights a season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then also guys, guys are forced to wear advisors now, where that was more so for insurance purposes because in case you're hit in the puck with an eye or because he had hit the eye with a puck, a little reverse action there. So that's kind of around the time when when things really started getting nipped in the butt. And I would say that if it would have been more relevant, I might have been able to survive a couple more years, but I fighting and fighting would have been more. Yeah, but as it became less relevant and you need it to be a little bit better player, I just they didn't really find a need for me, and I had to go do it in the HL for my last three years, and by then I was like, oh fuck this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's that many difference from the AHL and the NHL's got to be a big difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was making like a little over league minimum by the end of my career, which is league minimum now I believe is five fifty five hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: That's low for as many games as you guys play. That's in all the traveling out to do and as much time as you spend on a plane that's low.
Speaker 1: It might it might be back up to six up to six six fifty now. But in the AHL I was I was doing it for you know. My first year back down, I was making one hundred k, and then it went to one twenty five. Last year I made one thirty five, which yeah, at that point, you know, having having to put that face on every night, it was it wasn't really worth it, and my body was just completely banged up. But as I said, I think that I think that now that there are more social pressures and social discussions that are going on, less of the focuses about the fighting and the concussion stuff. So it's you know, it's starting to make its way back. There's a guy named Curtis Gabriel who just came up Ryan. Have you guys heard of Ryan Reeves. Yeah, he's another guy who has has really established himself. And this year, this year, I think there's more of it because of the COVID situation, and these teams are stuck in their own divisions because that's how they lined up the NHL, where you only play the teams in your division this year really, like there's an all Canadian division this year and.
Speaker 3: Canadians are loving it other all about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's yeah, it's you know, it just gets the rivalries going and the fact that you're playing these teams in most cases back to back nights because they're they're saving money on travel and stuff.
Speaker 3: You got that, And you guys are in the back of your head.
Speaker 1: I'm hating each other. They want to kill each other now, which has kind of juiced it up. Yeah, it's it's it's juiced it up. You know.
Speaker 2: That's Uh, that's fascinating how much fighting plays into uh plays a role, and like being on a roster, you know what I mean, you're like guys have to play a little more and intimidating.
Speaker 3: Like those guys up when Gretzky was playing, they had like a dude following her on the ice like if these are Gretzky, right.
Speaker 1: They go, ye, yeah you didn't and you're going as little bubble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if you got near him, like you know, they're sending somebody out like a quarter but next shift, like he's like a quarterback. Yeah, but he was. He's the great one. So it's not like a quarterback. It's like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers couldn't even get in.
Speaker 2: I'm talking like around Remember when Richard Sherman hit Marcus Mariot and it's kind of like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're running your rallying like that.
Speaker 1: Sucking over. Let me ask you, guys, you're getting jumped into the parking lot type ship. Are there guys who make NFL rosters just because they guys are teams know they're so savage and they hurt to hit guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know about them, because you've got to be able to play.
Speaker 1: The league is.
Speaker 3: So sensitive to towards hitting. Now, Like obviously, like nine ten, when all that city stuff was really coming up, they might, like you said, they must have gotten away from it a little bit. It's more social and that league that's still at their main focus is like how do we protect heads and stuff like that. So you start hitting dudes in the heads and going low, especially for the quarterback position, there's like they can't be touched. And the more status you have, obviously, the less you get touched. But like you know, there was a Vonte Berfect who's a linebacker played for the Bengals.
Speaker 1: The back.
Speaker 4: He wear a grill.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking of when I am question.
Speaker 3: He'd stomped dudes out, Sue when he was at the Lions, he was he'd be stomping on dudes all the time.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll tell you what the truth?
Speaker 4: That what he said? He said, Yeah, I'll tell you because I saw him one time. I apologize for what.
Speaker 3: Hey he went to Nebraska.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, little story because he stomped on Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember the off season we were in Nebraska and I was around him for something and we were riding to drop him off at the airport. And I was like, so because he would say, you know, the man upstairs, he know he knows the truth. Because he basically denied that he intentionally did it, yeaheah, I.
Speaker 1: Remember eventually did it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was like uh, I was like, Sue, so you didn't intentionally stop on a rod And he's like, what do you mean? I was like, hey, come on, did you did you intentionally? He goes, He goes, we can pull this car up and I'll drag you out and stomp on you if you want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, He's like, joke, Yeah, but he's like joking with me, you.
Speaker 1: Know how he jokes, Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, it's all good. We don't need to go there.
Speaker 3: Sit in the car the rest of the time.
Speaker 1: Look out the window.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you're like, I'll walk.
Speaker 1: It going thirty five and.
Speaker 3: Window just out of there. Dude, there's a but I will say, there are dudes that, like, there's a couple of guys sues one of them. When you go to play those guys pends how much like sacks some dudes have because with the offensive line like perspective, you play against these defensive linemen, and some of those dudes are like gangsters, Like they get not legit like gangsters, but like they fucking get after it. They don't funk around, and they're like really good athletes blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: So a lot of.
Speaker 3: Old linemen will be like, hey, don't don't talk to so and so, because I've developed myself into a bit of a talker and so like guys on my team, but hey, don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: Tell me. It's like the guys in warm up who are like, hey, tapping the guy in the shin pad from a cross, you know, Hey, good luck tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that bullshit dude, that's that ship makes me mad, Like you hit a guy. He chips over and said, no.
Speaker 1: Man, you're good. To help you out. I'll get you up. And they like help buddy up and stuff like that. You don't help guys up. You guys, I will never help I never helped somebody up, and I've never gotten help up. I've only got I've only got help up once. I was wanta tore my a c L.
Speaker 3: But I've done the about doubt and they put the handout, and they put their hand out and I'll move it away.
Speaker 1: I'm about that, I'm about this. Yeah, you put it back a little bit.
Speaker 3: If you fucking guys talking shit to you, wearing Advisor's on the roll down their window before you talk to you, you know, like it's nice to have a little bit of mental warfare.
Speaker 2: This episode of Busting with the Boys is also brought to you by Dynamism Labs, or also Man the Fuck Up.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 2: Man the Fuck Up is dedicated to helping you keep your man card current inactive. While Father Tom is constantly trying to kick you in the balls. Man the Fuck Up helps you fight back. The all natural, highly effective supplements are designed to work with your body to provide results.
Speaker 4: Man the fuck Up is more than a brand, It's a movement. Boys.
Speaker 2: There's no hiding in the fact that guys nowadays need to man the fuck up. They need to stop bitching, quit pointing finger fingers, and just man the fuck up. Their ultimate beard growth helps you patch those holes. We're looking at the boy Taylor Luwan right now. It hits the holes like King Henry running for two K back to back seasons.
Speaker 4: The only thing.
Speaker 2: Scarier than Spootober is your boy thinking is going to the pregame with a patchy flavor saver. Boys, don't let other boys going out looking like Patchie mcpatcherson. Get the ultimate beard growth and man the fuck up. Don't be a Jordan crying mean face because your girl left you for a beard that is longer than coach for Abel's text to will save now by going to man tf up now dot com slash busting or use code barstool twenty on Amazon.
Speaker 4: That's m A n.
Speaker 2: Tf U p n ow dot com slash bussing or use code barstool twenty on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Who's the Who's the Scariest Guy? You line across.
Speaker 3: That's a tough question because then my ego gets in it. Right now, I'm thinking, well, I'm not scared of nobody, but those dudes you like, like you think about twice, like you gotta you're always got to be on.
Speaker 4: Your Yeah, who's somebody that makes you lay up a little later?
Speaker 1: And shit, if you're not looking the whole time, he'll try to get your cheap shot. That dude is he lives in Arizona right now, debo. What's his name?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Played for the Steelers for a long time.
Speaker 4: Oh, James Harrison. James Harrison.
Speaker 3: So my rookie year, we're playing We're playing, uh, the Steelers Monday Night football. Zach Mettenberger's our quarterback, rookie first play of the game pick six, But then he like threw for Rick a rookie record. But at the beginning of the game, linman are coming up to me going, hey, listen, don't talk to James Harrison.
Speaker 1: Don't even speak to him, otherwise you'll, you know, you're gonna get some shit you don't want. So at the first play of.
Speaker 3: The game, I go and I cut him, and I'm dog shit. At cuttings when you go out somebody's legs and then knocks them down to get the ball out fast. I go and cut them and I'm like, that's fucking right, you puss like some some elementary type of ship talking right.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, fuck you want coming all day?
Speaker 3: I'm a rookie and he just looks at me, dark ass visor on walks away. The next play, we came out because you threw a pick six. I we go like outside zone to the right. He chases me down, grabs me by my legs and gator rolls my legs and like.
Speaker 1: Tries to like end it for the boy. Try to end the season right then and day. What's a gator roll the ladies?
Speaker 3: You ever seen you ever seen a gator grab like a chicken.
Speaker 4: Or and it's a gator grab a chicken.
Speaker 1: Like a leg or stuffing like a lamb leg or some ship. I don't know what was he what was he trying to injure he was.
Speaker 3: Trying to just twist my leg and twist my ankle or something like that, Like he was trying to get me out of the game fast.
Speaker 4: Oh boy from Jacksonville. Hit you. She shaded you didn't he Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Hit me in the ribs that one time. That was when we had the team. Yeah yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Were playing respawn to Harrison No. I kind of bitch that after that.
Speaker 1: Dude. I was a rookie. I was sitting there. I was like, yeah, yeah, all right, all right, all right, I see you rest again.
Speaker 3: I was like, God, damn, dude, that dude kind of don't even look at him. He's over here and you're he's just k talking to you now, and you're like, what's the play? What's the play?
Speaker 1: Block and acting he's a beast.
Speaker 3: That's where most of that ship goes down, though, And you guys don't have that as like the breaks were run to play it's fifteen seconds. Then you have forty five seconds to the next play. So we'll be sitting there and dudes will be drawing back and forth. Things go down a little bit. Like we played Denver twenty sixteen or something like that, and Harry Douglas, one of our wide receivers, went and cut a corner, cut him down. It was a great block. He heard him. He had to go out for a couple of plays, but a keep to leave, Who's like, oh yeah, he's an O G dude. He gets out of the podcast now he's oh he's got he's had a podcast now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he played for he played for the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Play for the Patriots for a long time and commentator.
Speaker 3: Yeah he doesn't a job too, Like he does a really good job and he's just snatch chains, right.
Speaker 4: I think that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: He used to go to dudes and like, dude to be wearing chains like fat Chance and now these little pussy chains and like fat ones up here and he go up and fucking yeah on the ground he'd be like talking to him, like you and maybe John back before the pain, all right, and like rip his ship and walk away.
Speaker 4: It was Michael Crabtree.
Speaker 1: I think it was Crabtree.
Speaker 3: He did to a Crastry twice and it was like a video.
Speaker 1: A guy would wear a chain on the field is standing.
Speaker 3: I wear a chain every single game.
Speaker 1: He didn't really legit.
Speaker 3: I have to wear like a chain that's like this so you can see it. I want to get a grill too, because I was like, I think it'd be hilariously some tatted white boy from Arizona looking like the.
Speaker 4: Dark with a dark visor dark visors.
Speaker 3: I think it looks hard and then you get a dog collar. Hey, that'd be sick, that'd be something on it. Hey, there's no bad ideas here.
Speaker 1: Do it real tight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't really breathe tight like I'm doing this, but I really taken away from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's dudes you get nervous about playing against. You get nervous about, like like when von Miller's on, Like von Miller is a dude, You're like, fuck man, his spin moves filthy, he's fast enough off the line, and because he can get you going backwards so fast, his bullrust turns into something legit, Like he's got a good long arm. But he's a dude that's like got stupid. Ben Miles Garrett is a similar guy.
Speaker 1: It's like that what do you mean by Ben? How? How when you see when you you see photos of them where they're like they're like yeah, like this.
Speaker 3: And their ankles are up like they're like yeah, and you're like and how it's insane. It's impressive, dude, It's just impressive.
Speaker 1: Ship that vonn can like get to the ground like von will be like Won will be on the ground in a full sprint and his knees will be like this far off the ground, he'll still be running. Yeah. So when I when I originally asked the question is like we there's always these guys where they're like some once they the wires crossed, it's like they're trying to they're trying to injure you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that that's the the James Harrison and James Harrison.
Speaker 3: I don't want to like soil the dude's name, but he came at me that one time. But it's one of those things like some dudes just get like you said, the wires cross, Like you go and you start talking to somebody you're trying to take they're seeking you.
Speaker 1: Out the whole. Yeah, look at it.
Speaker 3: I guess, so, I guess that's what it is. But like you play against these guys and they just they get fucking mad for whatever reason. Somebody can't control their tempers. And like the cool thing about football is it's dudes from everywhere, right, Like it's dude's from the country, like the country in Iowa.
Speaker 1: Like it's just.
Speaker 4: Like they're just hicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's dudes from you know, California, sir for cats and there's dude from Inner City, and like everyone's mixed in and everyone's personality kind of comes out, and then your bred your entire life to be like, hey, don't be a bitch, Like you're tough, You're you're a man, You're this, yeah, stop crying, don't cry, and you're some of these guys are six ten and yeah and just reh.
Speaker 3: Yeah and so like, but you were like you're literally brainwashed your entire life. When you play sports, like you just feel like, oh, I have to be the toughest guy out there, and then when you get in the league, there's dudes that can actually like question your toughness. And so it's like, how much like people just but it's a bow up for sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: The other guy that comes to mind is that Aaron Donald. It's just he's a monster.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: He's so thick. He's so thin, bro, it'll.
Speaker 4: Say, and it's like, both, yeah, he knows he's dense.
Speaker 3: He's super dense.
Speaker 1: But the guys I think five to eleven, I don't think he's not that big. I think he's like six foot. He's just insanetures and you know, it looks like he's just like a fridge.
Speaker 4: He looks like a bodybuilder. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Does he plays the three technique and a three techniques like an interior defensi lignment? Usually interier defensive linemans are like in the three hundred rings. He is just as dominant in the run game as he is in the past game, and he's two hundred sixty five pounds shredded and he lifts cats out of the.
Speaker 1: So so is that kind of changing the position to where they're maybe drafting smaller guys who were playing that position.
Speaker 4: I think it depends on Aaron Donald's kind of more of a unicorn.
Speaker 3: He's in his own area. Like the way the team the league is really developed from a defensive standpoint is like these noseguards and these three techniques used to be these big, like gap eating cats like three forty and like can't move them so you can't run, and then third down comes you cycle them out for some fast dudes, and like now you're finding more three techniques and noses that, like, can we be more diverse than there? Maybe two ninety five now than like three or five, but not like three fifty. Who's a Vince wolfork, Like he's a perfect example.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: He is, He's like massive, bro, He's taking both these sides right here. Yeah, and I played with the pot road. He had a big barrel on him. How did he move that fast? He had a big He was low key kind of fast. His feet got this far off the ground too. The worst technique would.
Speaker 4: Show up in the overall too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did a Budweiser grill out thing with a content piece and he was the nicest guy I could. Oh, he was incredible, But I'd never understand how how a guy who was building that like I said, he had a barrel on him, yeah, hit a belly. Yeah, but yet he was so athletic.
Speaker 4: Dude, It's crazy.
Speaker 2: He almost he almost killed somebody that we did throw that practice. We did joint practice. It was the Texans and the Red or the Washington football team.
Speaker 1: Did he still do these? It was the worst idea that would be so stupid as guys.
Speaker 2: Players hate it, Coaches like it because you're going against other Pete's actual Yeah, and Vince Wilfork Texans Washington football team scrapped.
Speaker 4: It was like third day. Tensions were high. Scrapped pretty early.
Speaker 2: There's like a full back in seven on seven who cuts somebody down? Seven on seven is just passing. It's just like flag football. You're just out there passing to somebody, right, and fullback comes out and tries to and cut somebody on the defensive side.
Speaker 4: And there's no like kidding in seven on seven.
Speaker 2: But anyway, there's this huge fight and you look, you were on the tape back and you see Ben Big Vince Wilfork, bro, and he's like reaching back, Bro decades back, comes up top and just misses our tight end and I swear he would have killed him. Swear he would have. It doesn't matter like you're getting landed with that shot. Vince Wilfork's in the air. The air, Yeah, he was a superman. He literally just tried jumping, like aside from somebody getting over top and Superman punching.
Speaker 4: Somebody, you now, Paul.
Speaker 1: And he also on the jumbo tron at the Predators game. Aren't you rushing Beers over?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Cooch Beers Catfish is dude and the lineman, Yeah that's in the old lineman. They wanted they really what happened was the way that the whole thing went down was they wanted Marcus Marriotta out there and Marcus, if you know him, he's like, he doesn't want the attention, but you buddy does so like I and they're like, hey, here's the deal, we just want you has a twirl towels. Well, I hooked up with some dude and I know, like, you know, the Redskins and the reds Oh my god, I said it. Shouldn't have said it. The Washington Oh we're done, We're done. Yeah, the Red Wings they do the octopus when they make the playoffs. Well, the Predators do catfish obviously not. I want to explain that to you. Well, we like I called some guy up. The guy called himself Catfish Jake. He's I don't you know, he's a buddy. Here's a brother of a guy who's on a radio show. He goes out and finds me a catfish. And we put that thing up d and the people lost their ship over it.
Speaker 4: Dude, I mean it was beers.
Speaker 1: They went viral. I saw it. I was like, oh, this is awesome. Well it's good when it's good when other sports bring attention to hockey, because I mean, football is the North America wise, it's the creata right, So getting you guys, uh you know, crushing drinks out of catfish is usually good for for views.
Speaker 3: I've always had this dream too in Nashville because it's such a small town. Like there's musicians, there's hockey players, there's football players, student there's soccer players too. They just got in a couple of years ago. But like, I think it'd be so rad if like, because I love the college atmosphere I talk about all the time, like the hockey boys hanging out with all these different sports, going out partying together. I've always thought at my head, like Nashville could be the perfect place for that. You get all the boys together, hockey, football, even the sound, the Triple A baseball guys go take over a bar one day. It's a blast, dude, And we try to do that up a bunch.
Speaker 1: I actually I ended up doing an NHL first time or it was a concept where we take somebody their first ever hockey game, although I think that Jalen Ramsey had already been to one because he's from Nashville. Yeah, and uh, and we brought him and his girl to to to a game because oh really yeah, yeah it was. It was a good time. Very interesting guy obviously, very very confident in the heck of a football. Yeah, he's been on the pot with us too.
Speaker 3: He's awesome. He came on, Yeah, he came on.
Speaker 4: We got him the damns.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, we first started out. They put him on the Jumbo tron and people were like, oh, we hate you because he was playing in Jacksonville at the time, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We took him to Nashville.
Speaker 1: We took him to a Nashville Predators game, him and his girl.
Speaker 3: And they lost their mind on him.
Speaker 1: Hunh oh. They put him on the jumbo tron and people were snapped because he's a bit of a low And the reason why it happened was because he went on Twitter and he was spouting off that he he goes, he goes, I can make the NHL if I trained for six months.
Speaker 3: Some dumb ship spout all, I can't even skate in six months.
Speaker 1: No. I saw him shooting. We went down afterward and we were shooting. He couldn't even he couldn't even elevate the pucks.
Speaker 4: Did you ask him about the six months of training?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because that we did on video. Because it was the whole reason that we ended up linking up with him. And doing the the NHL first time or as he called it. But yeah, I know it's a football is you guys have some very very unique personalities and I wish hockey was more like that. As far as guys putting themselves out there, do you think.
Speaker 3: That's like a it's an unspoken thing because it seems like most all hockey guys are like that.
Speaker 4: What do you mean a suit?
Speaker 1: It's okay for instance, like you guys all show up without whatever you guys want to wear. It's tradition that hockey players show up in suits, although I think that that's changing. So it's it's frowned upon for certain guys. For everyone to show their individual personality, although throughout the course of history there have been guys to who have done it, like the Jeremy ronis uh to try to think of. I mean Austin Matthews is from here. You start seeing him who he posts more on Instagram with these outfits coming into the rink and you know, showing off their own style and personality, doing these fun commercials played for the He's another guy.
Speaker 3: I a I have a by personally. I don't know that this is true or not, but he gets traded. He's been traded a couple times, and he's such a good hockey player, and I feel like, is that because he's talking too much these owners he's I don't think he's as good as he once was.
Speaker 1: I think people were very surprised when they traded him out of Montreal because he was at the top of his game. It was I mean, it was I would consider it a fair trade. Like Shay Weber, people overreacted, I think because he was so bold in Montreal. But Shay Weber, he's played for Team Canada. He's like one of the best leaders the games ever seen. I think he just played in his thousand games. So at first I could see where people were surprised because PK was maybe a little bit better as far as his analytic numbers and what he was producing. But I think throughout since the trades happened, it's leveled off. People went hyperbolic because it was Montreal, which is the hockey center of the hockey universit well and there at Toronto. But yeah, I think that that people tried to correlate it to because he was so you know, flamboyant and he would show his personality off, which you know, I think Mark Bergevin that the GM who is in Montreal is a little bit more old school, and maybe he wasn't necessarily a fan of him taking that actual attention. I don't know, I don't you'd have to ask Mark Burg and I could see where people would say that. But but yeah, he was definitely a guy who who put himself out there where he's all over his social channels and branding himself, which, hey, who am I? I'm I did the exact same thing. All the power to you. I have very similar personalities to you, guys. H I don't mind being the silly guy on camera. Yeah, let's see where it brings us. And also, you know, you guys are going to you guys are gonna be done playing one day. What what? What else can you do? You know what? What type of doors is it going to open? In your post career? You get to keep doing even just this as it keeps growing. Well, at least it keeps your mind occupied.
Speaker 3: It's a creative outlet that a lot of people don't get.
Speaker 1: People people judged me when I was doing it and they didn't understand where I was spouting off on Twitter or doing content pieces and I'm like, fuck you. You guys are very narrow minded and you're worried about what is happening here right now, and especially if you're a GM, you're worried about your the team that you're being a GM of. I'm worried about when you cut my ass because fighting is not relevant. Yeah, I'm setting myself up for the backside.
Speaker 2: And when and when you cut me, are you going to make sure I'm taking care of it.
Speaker 1: It's cutthroat, so cutthroat.
Speaker 3: That's the thing I have an issue with all the time is like when we first started this podcast two years ago, like I told Wills and hey, I'm not doing during the season. I got to make sure I should say face to fans. I don't want the coaches to be mad and shit, I want people think I'm not focused. Well, even when I wasn't doing it and we would lose a game, it was fucking fans were passed, people were mad. And there is like a thing with being an offensive linement specifically, is you're kind of told like, hey, you should just be in the corner, let the receivers, let the quarterbacks and running back to you worry about particular the merchandise quarterback exactly. And when we did this, it was like a leap, a big time leap for me because I love like all about being the set of pretention. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I love making people laugh, I love talking, I love being around people. And it's like I was always dipping my toe in like what should I do? What shouldn't I do? And once we did this, it was like we were.
Speaker 1: The first podcast by active football players, and now there's three or four. You know, ain't that a good feeling?
Speaker 3: And it's crazy, how dude.
Speaker 1: Any fun to me in the first where you're you're feeling not copying anything innovative, I've shot it.
Speaker 2: Definitely nervous, and we know it's like they were the first ten podcasts we did.
Speaker 3: It was like we had both in our trucks and our bus was like behind some random warehouse, like and we'd be driving home we college, so they'd be like, hey, how do you think that went?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, stupid security involved anything you're but you got to dive in and you got to take your lickings like anything else.
Speaker 2: This episode of Bustle with the Boys is brought to you by our Loyal Boot. Georgia Boot shout out Georgia Boot No Free shoutouts the world's most comfortable boot. Georgia Boot is making America's hardest working boot, and for over eighty years, george has been making boots that work as hard as you do, tough enough for your job, and cool enough for everything else. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you'll never want to take them off. Thank comfort of a technology of an athletic shoe packed into a great looking boot, these boots hold a bit up in any condition without sacrificing any comfort or style. Every time I'm one of these boots, the boys are always asking me where I got them. Of course I refer them always to georgiaboot dot com. Whether you're working on your feet all day, working around the house, or growing out with your friends, these boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Georgia Boot offers the best work boots, wedges, and loggers around. Whether you need a waterproof boot, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, metguard, non puncture shank, non slip sole, they've got it all. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use Code Busting for twenty percent off. That's b U s SI n at georgiaboot dot com for twenty percent off for the boys Always in Forever.
Speaker 1: I was asked by Witt who was the real he thought of the idea. He said, Hey, let's start a podcast. Rear Admiral ended up reaching out because I said, hey, man, still playing, but I'd love to when I'm done. So I deferred while I was playing. And part of it, I think was because I'd gone through that period when I started Twitter and I went crazy on it.
Speaker 4: That's when you made a lot your stick.
Speaker 2: Like I was so new as you were, but it's not like you were some household starter name on a team.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was saying the craziest ship on Twitter when I first started, like thing that.
Speaker 4: Was like an example.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I say like, ladies, make sure you shave up your bushes like Friday night. It's just like so stupid and immature, like the craziest Oh. I got called into our GM's office like five times while I was playing for the Coyotes, being like what what is this? Yeah, I remember I instagram something like spouting off about how the Hotel Fairmont in Winnipeg was they took nine dollars for this, like little Fiji bottle. So I was like fuck off Fairmont and posted it. Next day after pregame skate, I get called in the office and the coaches like, shit down and he points to his computers like what the fuck is this? And I look over and I'm like, oh shit, like I completely forgot about it because it was the night before. They're like, they're like that the Pharamont's threatening to kick us out of the hotel day of the game. I'm a healthy scratch, I'm like a peasant, like I'm completely irrelevant, and I'm They're threatening to kick our whole team out day of a game of the hotel because I was spouting off about the nine dollars. And the worst part about it is like you know, when you're young and you're just being an arrogant fuck. They provided water as we come in, just like come on to have a little galer water, Like come on, I was being a fucking idiot trying to be funny.
Speaker 3: That's a ship like people. Then this can go for everybody. So I hope all of our beautiful fans are listening. Stop taking yourself so fucking serious exactly, because it's like you're not like you're not gonna change, Like, we can't just all go to this PC world. We can't do it, this world walking around like robots. I'm gonna have a I'm gonna make out with a gun if that shit starts happening too.
Speaker 1: Much, you know what I'm saying. Hey, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm just that Joe guy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. But when I so, so when I know this gun bear like, okay, I have been in a dark place. So so when I started it, it was a completely different world. This whole cancel culture. It was non existent, right, you could let it fly. Although I had an original account just bus Nasty. And the reason why it's called buz Nasty two point oh is because I deleted my first account because my agent called me. He says, you need to get the fuck off this app like you are going to get suspended and you were going to get sent down. So here's what happened. So Lou Lamarillo was in New Jersey at the time, and he offered Ilia Kovalchuk, who was a big time free agent, this insanely front loaded deal. So it was kind of manipulating the CBA. But he was so lou Lamrell is a genius. He's a Hall of Famer for sure, one of the best gms ever, so he found a way around it. So then once they sent it to the league, the league shut it down. And I was spouting off about how many lap dances you could buy with this crazy deal that no one had ever gotten in the NHL. And then when it got shut down, I said, I said, sorry, sorry communists back to the Soviet and you know, I would never say it now, and I was just trying to make a joke and it was pretty probably it was prejudiced more than anything. And that's when I deleted my first account, and then I and then what happened was is the team there was enough people back then who were willing to defend me. So they were calling the Coyotes being like, why did you guys make him delete his account? Like let people fucking joke around?
Speaker 4: Oh shit that yeah, They're like, we're gonna go and sell you on who was going about?
Speaker 3: These people were like four threats. How many followers you having this account?
Speaker 1: By this time I probably had fifteen twenty thousand. Oh so it wasn't like loyal loyal, Oh so you got them fifteen? How many players multiplayers get wild amount of followers?
Speaker 3: Wild? Yeah, like dudes that are like, no fourth round, your fourth dude.
Speaker 1: I was. I was a president nobody in the NHL, and I had a million followers on it was. It was because I was on there all day just spouting off, joking around with the fans, so so the so they were like, we're going to some people even were like we're not going to renew our season tickets like and they were like, yo, dude, are you telling people that you made us delete your account? And uh and I'm like no, Like my agent called me and he told me to get the fuck off because he might suspend me or something and I'll never forget my agent said, he goes, he goes, nothing good can come of this, And man, was he fucking we're still boys. I actually the other day he's the man. But uh so the team was like, hey, listen, why don't you come back and we'll reboot it and we're going to monitor it so you don't say anything too too crazy. Wow, As I said, I got called into the GM's office like for literally that first training camp, the lady Shavir Bushes get ready for the weekend called in the office during training camp, what is this? What is this? And I'm like, oh fu, sorry, I was just fucking joking around, trying to make people laugh, and I think they knew it was all in good spirit. But uh yeah, it's it's definitely transforming. And the good news is though, now I don't really take to Twitter to joke around much anymore because everything just gets taken out of contact people. People just want to go there to argue.
Speaker 3: Witter is tough, like Twitter, like that.
Speaker 1: Instagram, and and thankfully for podcasts, you don't need you don't need to push the button to subscribe and come listen. Yeah, this isn't being forced down your throat. I want to come stop and hang out and see what works.
Speaker 3: If there was a way to force it on somebody's throat, we would have done it by now.
Speaker 1: We would have paid for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, So we pay for followers if we can get Yeah, Twitter's like I just treated like my group chat like it's just like a group I tagged three times a week and wheel ship and then like he's like, can't wait to hey in old golfing, which Tarror likes golfing at tayl La want seventies. I'm like, all right, well I get like.
Speaker 2: Or like, I'll just tweet regular stuff and people will just tag you. And I'm literally thinking in my mind, I know Taylor's looking. It's like, I don't care be alone.
Speaker 3: I think it's so funny. I love it when people take shit on Twitter and like make it a thing. I do enjoy that they do that ship that's funny.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it took on my mind of its own. And yeah, I went from being an extremely irrelevant player to to hanging out on social media to where you know, we and then and all of a sudden, when I retire, I find up linking up with that podcast that recommended and uh and here we are. What do you mean recommend? You talking about Svin chickles. So Wit on Twitter was like, hey, I want to start a podcast. I had no clue what podcasts were.
Speaker 4: Were you guys boys?
Speaker 1: Are you? Oh? Yeah? We played together in Pittsburgh, And the original concept that we thought of is we actually after playing together in Pittsburgh, I went my own way. He ended up getting traded off. He had a tough ending to his career where he battled injuries and he was a far better player than I was. He was he was snapping tape tape passes to Sidney Crosby. I ended up signing I think a twenty four million dollar deal.
Speaker 3: Good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got a nice ticket. And you know, I don't think it ended the you know, the way that he wanted. And you know, I talked about how he ended up in Russia and all that, and when he got home he was probably born and he's like, hey, you anybody want to start up a podcast? And he tagged me and another guy named Kolbe Armstrong who we played with, and I messaged back, I said, yeah, maybe maybe when I retire, but right now no, kind of similar to what you were talking about. I don't know if I want that attention. Yeah, because I know, but you wanted it, you didn't know, you knew you want But I just got sent.
Speaker 4: To the office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, because podcast. If I was gonna do it, I was gonna let it fly. And at the time I didn't have the girlfriend I'm dating now, and and and I had some pretty wild stories, like I I told stories on there about like girls I was having sex with that like ship my bed, and then yeah, it's just like you know this it was.
Speaker 3: Whatever was least once in your life we had done something.
Speaker 1: We had left wing. We had left We'll talk about.
Speaker 6: That like we had we had left wing media going crazy in Canada about some of the ship we were saying, but like I did, you know, I didn't care because it hadn't reached the point to it is now where as I've toned her down.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah. And then and then r A reached out to him, was like, hey, if he's not willing to do it, I'll do it. And and then that's when a call came together. But like I said, at the time, I had no clue what podcasts were. I was like, what is this world? And and all of a sudden they started popping off. And then Joe Rogan kind of became a thing. And I think that he he made it a little bit more major. She made it cooler for sure, because it was like NPR before that or like, you know, he'd been doing it forever, like even freaking is.
Speaker 3: So it's so incredible. I would love to be on his pocket, like, oh, it's unbelievable. The ship he talks about his insight, he got He's He's the only podcast I really listened to before I will and then we will put me on a couple of other dudes. It was that was like the reason why we started doing podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because and uh, well I was going back, so we ended up going to Saint Louis on a PTO. So we signed this. Uh we would go to training camp and try to make the team. I knew I had no shot because they had Reeves there at the time. I think they had somebody else who fought, and I thought Witt had a better chance to make the team. But we were hanging out every day together after we would go for for our training camp session, and we thought, hey, why don't we have this show where we all show up to a locker room with our gear and we just have beers in it. We never actually end up getting dressed, but we just tell all these old stories. And that's kind of how the concept started. And basically it's really transformed into that where we always get a guest every show, and and and you know, we interviewed the young guys who are a lot more timid, who are still playing but getting the old guys on to share.
Speaker 3: Those are the best ones. They don't give a ship, they don't give a a GM to listen to.
Speaker 4: Is it the best?
Speaker 1: Just being kind of retired and yeah, it's it's great. I don't got to back up my body anymore and talk. I mean, do you guys ever have any of these retired guys one get someone from.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, we had Chad Johnson.
Speaker 2: I know you're saying somebody back from the nineties where they might have been snorting coke before games and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, where it was it you know, they weren't even making that much money because they were like that. That's kind of where hockey was at one point, where where guys had off season jobs. Yeah, in the seventies and stuff, and it was just a lot crazier U. Chad Ocho Cinco is definitely a guy that you guys had him on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was as bro.
Speaker 1: He was dude.
Speaker 3: He was He'd sit there, he lit up a cigar on the bus, contact high for myself and then he got a phone call him and I'll be asking him a question. He'd be like, hold on, hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: Well, I should call somebody like show people and stuff and like, yeah, he's just as good now as.
Speaker 3: He He's killing it, dude, he's got to be. He started doing this I Am Athlete podcast.
Speaker 1: That's really I've seen a bunch of clips, the very open even about their personal life.
Speaker 3: And yeah, Brandon Marshall I think started that, and that he by battle with being. He's bipolar, right, so he had a lot.
Speaker 2: Of brand mars Marshall. He's not like full bipolar, but he has like a personality. He's got like a personality.
Speaker 1: He came out. He came out at one point.
Speaker 2: Some moods change a lot, and he's very open about it. Like therapy and like working on your mental.
Speaker 1: I can relate. Yeah, I go through these waves sometimes. And that's that's what drew me in. I saw one of the clips on Instagram and I'm like, Wow, this guy's really opening up and he's a he's a pretty strong voice. And then and then I and I also saw another one about the argument about the McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just can't agree with on that one.
Speaker 3: No, Like, I don't agree with him at all.
Speaker 1: He argues it so much, so I'm like, does he really think I think that's what the McDonald's got to be done. They've they've made him.
Speaker 2: He looks great though he does. He's such a specimen.
Speaker 4: That's what it's like. Know these guys like you know, eat McDonald's.
Speaker 2: But the the idea I go to is like, if you clone yourself, It's like Ocho. If you clone yourself and you're the Oho you are now and did all this stuff. But if this other one is clone of you, same thing and you fed him correctly, how much different would it be different? And you your career probably would have blasted longer. And I'm not saying I'm not saying that he had. It just felt because he ate McDonald's and stuff. But that's always the argument on I am on I am athlete, is you think your injuries are this because he's always like, you know I got because of stuff off the field, that's why he got out of the game, or it was something I know I watched it because Brandon Marshall eats healthy.
Speaker 1: It was the hard knocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, marsh Marshall argues with him till he's bread in the face about it.
Speaker 3: Well, Brandon Marshall, from a frame standpoint, is way more built than Ocho.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, Ocho, like Brandon Marshall's like stacked. Yeah, like he and t O or someone. I followed him when he was playing with the Bearers, like I always I was.
Speaker 3: He was a real he was a really good big wide receiver.
Speaker 1: I liked.
Speaker 3: I liked the podcast because I just love the fact that athletes are starting to get get a voice, like started kind of with. I think like Lebron was really kind of putting that ship out there for real because they did the yeah, the uninterrupted but the whole person that said shut up and dribble and he took that and he's kind of run with it sense, And I think that ship's cool that those dudes.
Speaker 1: I think, I I almost I mean, I guess I'm on the right side of it. But I'm concerned for you know, mainstream media, where there's as time moves on, there's gonna be so many athletes that are coming out with their own stuff as like this, whereas not only do they have the the the expert opinion because they did it, but they also had the connections to get the other guys on where these other guys open up way more than they would with just some some guys.
Speaker 3: That's what we love too. We tell everybody on our podcast that hey, if there's something you don't like, we'll cut it out, So feel free to say whatever the fuck you want.
Speaker 1: We've yeah, we have to take up. We might have to take out.
Speaker 3: Oh hey yeah.
Speaker 1: Roman.
Speaker 3: We had a big for a while asking dudes about the first time they jerked off, what was like jerking off?
Speaker 4: And he ended up saying his story, but that's the words he was like, he called.
Speaker 1: He was like our GM like, first off, if all the people have a man crush on, that's probably mine. He's a man rock death.
Speaker 3: Love him to death.
Speaker 1: His wife equally is beautiful.
Speaker 3: They're great, they're a beautiful they just had a kid and Romans awesome dude.
Speaker 1: I love. He's a good dude.
Speaker 3: And he came on the bus out of like maybe a favor, and you could tell the whole time he was like, he didn't know if you really want to be there.
Speaker 1: You know he's with our podcast. I think he was just doing us a favor. He's such a nice, humble guy. Uh. We We've had a couple of interviews. We had Austin Matthews, who's a big name. I talked about him earlier and uh, there was an incident where we had we had to completely nix the interview. It was going to be such a big one to drop. It started the same one of those you know, mad traction, and it was like it was so good, but like you said, we're a player's podcast, so it's it's whatever they want off, it comes off. We we got to protect him, right.
Speaker 3: I mean you kind of said something about this, and I don't want to put you on the spot, but like with McAfee, McAfee when he first started doing podcasts and stuff, you know Pat, Yeah, Pat was like all for the players, all for that, and like progressively last couple of years, like he's gotten. The farther you get away, the harder it is to protect the dude. So you want the players.
Speaker 1: He wants to he's so big now he's but he does a great job. I think he doesn't keep up incredibility. So that's that's the tough balance is anytime we have to bring up a topic and you know, you know, you're you're like, you try not to speak too negatively because you don't want to hurt the guy's feelings either.
Speaker 3: And you know somebody, you know a guy who knows him. Everybody's one guy away from another guy around in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the OTO single thing when I felt like I was catching myself, Like, you know, I'm not disrespecting his.
Speaker 3: Career any right, Yeah, yeah, you do that.
Speaker 4: I would have kept him in the league longer.
Speaker 1: But about all about the food there, Yeah, you know, you're like.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that his career would have lasted longer, but it probably would have.
Speaker 4: And there's a thing I mean, because you're just healthier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then all of a sudden he catches a clip of it and he's like, fuck, yeah, yeah, yeah, ship coming on your podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey, I love you, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love a big fan.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan as well.
Speaker 1: Will I grew up watching Yeah, I was watching sports at all. Yeah. No, he's I mean McAfee's kind of the he's set the precedents for I mean, he was with Barstool at one point, not really sure what happened, like we were. I was just kind of joining at the time. But it's yeah, it's he's got an insane motor on him for for how much.
Speaker 3: He just goes. He's just such a good job Daily Show. It's the time to do it too, Like if we both didn't play, we would probably go more of the route he is. There's so much money in that dude, like with the fan duel and doing the daily stuff and having his boys around two. I love that. Oh he's got boys from high school around.
Speaker 1: That's coolest shit to me. Speaking of motorai bro, it's daily Monday Friday speaking of motors, but we have I don't think we've talked about Barstool yet. I'm sure you guys are loving being associated. But Portnoy his motor insanity, dude, fucking nuts. He's a guy you washing.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: It's not millions and millions and millions of dollars, dude. And he just still does pizza reviews every day, still does stay.
Speaker 4: He's committed.
Speaker 3: And the best way to see like his motor was like during COVID, like he would be there cutting dudes out for not doing shit, like you're you just blown.
Speaker 1: So he went from uh uh, well, obviously he was still doing the pizza reviews. I believe he released High Noon, then he did the Unboxings Box, then he was doing Davy Day Trader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the rail does run.
Speaker 1: He went on during COVID and then of course with the barstool Fund, and there might even be one more thing that I'm missing. It was like in a time where most people were like, oh no, like the world's ending, like what's happening to get just stacking brick, putting the team on his back.
Speaker 4: He really did.
Speaker 3: And the Davy day trader thing is genius too, because you can't give like, uh, you can't like help people with stocks whatever. There's like a rule against that one you're daytrad But if Dave three hours before or an hour before, puts fifty grand into a stock and goes I'm watching Apple today. Yeah, yeah, goes up to and it takes He's like I was like, now he's on all the networks talking.
Speaker 1: He's on Fox, he's on CNN, MSNB. Oh yeah. And then he interviewed uh and he interviewed Trump. Yeah, that was one of the other things.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the interview, but I saw it what the cat said about it, and Bake Cat was like he didn't even ask a hard question, but there was no like soft balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it was more of just like the fact that this guy who you know, created this blog. I think he was like living in his parents' basement at the beginning of all this to where it's got now, it's just it's.
Speaker 4: Putting newspapers and all the going around and put him in.
Speaker 3: Newstap Yeah, put fake ads in the newspapers and then he blah blah blah blah and then be like a strip club when that was real. But he put the fleming so people would think that he had more people.
Speaker 4: And then he called.
Speaker 3: He would write offter like three different aliases, also.
Speaker 1: Living away free advertising, to give away free advertisement to seem like he was bigger than.
Speaker 4: But then he called the competitor like he called like more than, say hey, their.
Speaker 3: Sponsor him to come up hustler straight.
Speaker 2: And he doesn't apologize, you know what I mean, Like he wakes up he was where he understands ultimately. I hope you guys are thoroughly enjoying this episode of Bustling with the Boys, which is also brought to you by Better Help. We're gonna get serious for a second, boys. The last year has been hard on a lot of people, and that's why we're doing something new and partnering with our new sponsor, Better Help Online Therapy. A lot of us take care of our bodies, but with as tough of the year's has been for many of us, we might also want to think more about taking care of our minds. There's a misunderstanding of what therapy is. It can be whatever you want it to be. It doesn't have to be sitting around and talking about your feelings. Like you listened on the most recent episode with Max Crosby Therapy premarital counseling that I do with my fiance. There are things that you can do to help get things out of the basement that you didn't even know you had. Max told an incredible story about checking in the rehab, going into therapy, living in a sobriety house. It's very open about it. If you haven't seen the episode, go check it out. But he's very open and he's a big advocate for therapy myself. Included better help is customized online therapy that offers video, phone or even live chat sessions with your therapists, so you don't have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can start communicating with your therapists in under forty eight hours.
Speaker 4: Join the millions of people who are seeing what therapy is really about.
Speaker 2: It's always a good time to invest in yourself, because you are your greatest asset. This podcast is sponsored by better Help and our listeners get ten percent off with their first month at betterhelp dot com slash bussing. That's b E T T E r H E LP dot com slash bussing.
Speaker 1: So you're currently a free agent. Yeah, this phone's been blown up all day. Yeah, it's really yeah on.
Speaker 7: Twitter, I'll say this man, Like I I'll say this, I was paying a little bit of attention, Like I feel like you were getting making a bit more of an aim for yourself towards the end of the season where you were making these fucking huge plays and.
Speaker 4: You know I love that. No, No, I know, I know, I know you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I know you said that before last year you were not even sure if you were going to get another opportunity to where you ended up spending majority of the season on the actual team and are and you think you're going to get another deal.
Speaker 4: I think there's I think I'll play another year for you.
Speaker 1: Man. Newsance love attraction and hoping to go back with the Titans.
Speaker 3: We'll see a nice he wants for the times, of.
Speaker 1: Course, and then you guys get to continued growing what you guys are growing.
Speaker 3: And the thing the funny thing about the Titans is like John Robinson, our GM came from the Patriots, and Patriot's like a no nonsense and then Rabel is under that umbrella of like the Patriots also, but they love our ship. Yeah, they really do like our ship. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: He seems like the biggest players coach ever. Yeah, yes, you know, yeah, I mean frable.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Ifraybel played fourteen years in the league, and you'll know that if you're meet him, because it'll be the second sentence he ever says. But also like he will like he'll love you up, but he will absolutely like them.
Speaker 2: He's the guy. He's like, he's like the he's like the dad. You just want to say, like, hey, I'm.
Speaker 1: Proudy yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I just want that valid as of course. Yeah, my favorite coach, Mike Stuthers. I did an interview today where I talked about him, and he was my favorite coach. Is all all you were looking for him is to say fucking rights and I want to I want an HL championship with him, not a Stanley Cup. But but yeah, it's just you know, you respect those guys because they've also been there and they've done done it. How many? How many he's got two rings? Three?
Speaker 4: Three rings?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you what can you say to the guy who's got three rings right and played fourteen years?
Speaker 4: You're like, okay, yeah, there's not a whole lot of ravest at all.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fun to trip him on this podcast because like you know, he listens like rabel Is. If we ever tweet something, he'll put us in a group at and start killing us.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, you know listen.
Speaker 3: So I always like low key on our podcast. Every time like Rapes comes up, I do try to throw a little shade out there and see if he ever comes fishing back.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm fishing for Rapes to come. Called you in the office, And that's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: Talked about the GM thing and it's not necessarily the office, but I've gotten the messages about like tweets, like you know, hey, you think.
Speaker 3: They handle the Titans handle stuff really well. They'll be like, hey, just don't do this you're right, and it's not like they don't make a practice squad now yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Tell you what, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: You definitely felt when when when I went down to the practic squad, I'm doing stuff. You're like, man, I wonder if I'll get chirped now since I'm on like you know, practical, because you don't want to be you don't want to be a distraction.
Speaker 4: So it's a party.
Speaker 2: Is like you know, you don't want to do as much as you had been doing because again, like you're for the boys. You want the boys to win. You don't want to be a distraction. You don't want to be brought up in software and team meetings. Yeah yeah, so like you battle, you battle stuff like that, like those voices in your head about it, but uh, you're just aware of it.
Speaker 1: So so like, who were the chances that you do end up back with the Titans there?
Speaker 4: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: I have no clue.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I think if I were to tell John I want him here. Probably John go away from it a little bit, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if anything could probably make it worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like everyone knows Me and Will are boys, and I would love to have him on the Titans. I would never say never now because last year during camp I was on the phone with Will, and Will's chilling wining for a call. You know, you had teams calling you Raiders a Raiders team and no that.
Speaker 2: Was and you're waiting for another team to come to Equations, so you could, you know.
Speaker 3: Kind of finagle a couple extra bucks. And I'm like, you know how sick it would be if you play at the Titans, Dude, how awesome We're like daydreaming right talking about I'd be so sick to be back in the locker room because our locker room with the Titans is like dudes have come from everywhere else and been like this is the place, this is where like culture.
Speaker 4: Dude, we have awesome The.
Speaker 1: Boys fucking care about the boys, Legit, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got selfish players, but like even the selfish players, you're like, there's still for the boys in the locker.
Speaker 1: There's two, there's there's it's like there's too many guys who are are pulling the roll up the same way. It's it's really hard for them to infiltrate the group. It's just like they can they can be their selfish solves and that's their personality. But it's it's not gonna it's not gonna poison the crow. They come around you. They come around a lot.
Speaker 3: And so when Will got the call, like when Will got a call from the Titans.
Speaker 4: Of Wheeler is a brave shot me?
Speaker 1: In text, it was like zero percent chance of him coming. Yeah, can you go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he go out or whatever, he goes you in shape?
Speaker 2: And then since another text or you've been eating too many ribbis because I would post on the weekends like you know, yeah, whiskey and ribbi. He's like and you know, I was like, I'm in shape and he's like football shape.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I mean I need a few days in paths, but I'll be ready to go.
Speaker 2: And then next thing I know, we got a call that they wanted to do a try out or work up in a couple of days.
Speaker 4: Well, we had to do COVID So you had to do the three days of COVID testing. And then did you did you think they're fucking with you?
Speaker 1: Because they moved your worker from like eight a PM to like five am.
Speaker 2: Right, they moved there like two hours earlier because of something that was happened. I didn't think they're messing with me, but I knew that because they had other free agency in like people that were already in from Cali that had to kind of quarantine for a few days.
Speaker 1: Uh. But when it.
Speaker 2: Happened, bro, I was so hype that I was gonna get to stay like in Nashville. Course, I love the Raiders. I was gonna pretty much. There was like maybe two weeks left the preseason, like ten days left. It was kind of like you're trying to finesse going to another training camp because you.
Speaker 3: Knew I was a training camps guddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew I was gonna be Uh. I had a minimum offer from the Raiders at the time. It's like, all right, if I can want to have a minimum offer, the hopefully with COVID going on, there will be some job where I can play on minimum and not have to go through a grueling training camp save your body of course, and toy.
Speaker 4: There's like two weeks lefter, ten days.
Speaker 2: Left when I signed with the Titans again, and I was stoked that I was going to get to stay in Nashville. I never thought that I would get to play for the Titans again. So that was pretty sick. That was pretty sick because not I was gonna be in I was gonna be in Vegas. Like I was like, all right, we're near in the end, I'm gonna have to, you know, sign this deal and go out to go out to the boys in Vegas.
Speaker 3: The Vegas would be a rad place though. But like, dude, when he signed, it was like you would have thought we got some dude for a one hundred and forty million dollar.
Speaker 1: Contract, some like fat tad out there like.
Speaker 4: Or dude, like, what did I tweet?
Speaker 2: Like you tweeted greatest third greatest third string special teams players signing.
Speaker 1: Of all time, all time. Dude. People went nuts. It was the best and Rape text me.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, get out of your system now because talking about self suck. Like and then look at me, look at me. I was like, yeah, I'm kind of chirping myself too.
Speaker 1: It's not like, yeah, apricated, That's how I was.
Speaker 3: So the first meeting or whatever, Rabel's like Hammer and Will with questions because the Rabel like the three of us are kind of boys. It kind of like loves Will, but he's going to ham on Will in the middle of the team meeting all the dudes in the room, and that's how he operates. Dude, he beats you down. He's got to be the alpha in the room for sure.
Speaker 2: This final ad of Busting with the Boys is brought to you by One Championship. One Championship, the Home of Martial Arts, comes to prime time in the US. It's One Championship's biggest month in history, with four weeks of blockbuster events in April, immediately following a w Dynamite. Every Wednesday night, don't miss One on TNT at ten pm Eastern and Pacific time witness NonStop martial arts action in MMA, muy Thai and kickboxing in a cage. It's a martial arts spectacle like you've never seen before. The series kicks off next Wednesday, April seventh, with One on TNT. After winning the grueling one Flyweight World Grand Prix, twelve time UFC champion Demetrius Johnson seeks to cement his legacy as the greatest mixed martial artists of all time. In order to achieve goat status, DJ will have to dethrone six times one Flyweight World Champion Adriano Marias, who promises to be the first man to finish Mighty Mouse plus four time UFC plus four time UFC and Belltor world champion Philadelphia's very owned Eddie the Underground King Alvarez.
Speaker 4: Alvarez is out to prove.
Speaker 2: He belongs among the elite in the promotion after a challenging start. Standing in his way is dangerous Number two lightweight contender Uri Lapicus one on TN T one airs on Wednesday night, April seventh, on T and T after a e W at ten pm Eastern Pacific time. Catch the league cards starting at eight thirty pm Eastern on Bleacher Report. The best fights are on Wednesday nights. He's yeah, how many you got left?
Speaker 5: In?
Speaker 3: As many as I can? Oh my deal, Yeah, I got three years, I got this one and two more and I think, I mean, I definitely want to do another one.
Speaker 1: So so when something like that happens, Like, are you are you scared with seeing.
Speaker 4: Spin Chickless podcast? What's that spin Chickless?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I'm sure your fans care too, Like what are your emotions like where you're you're seeing guys in the NFL and how cut throat it is where you have a significant injury and you got three years left and you have fans like, oh, I'll take a deal to help out with the team cap if you did. Like my agent called me because I talked to him because this ship was going a crazy couple like a last week, a bunch of cuts and stuff, and I called him. I was like, hey, I know I'm not gonna get cut, Like what if I get cut? He goes, if you get cut.
Speaker 3: Be Stokes because you'll have a better concrect maybe have a better contract, cause I have great agents, CAAs my agency, and they they did have had a frontloaded contract for me, and these last three years are like kind of half as much those last three years. So really I'm helping out the cap without even doing anything compared to my money last year. But like the emotions with this thing, like when it first happened, it was kind of like a calming thing almost, because I've always been so worried about a kne injury. What if I get a kne injury because like I've always been like an athletic guy, I always have to run and bend and I can do all these things, and I was always like, fuck, do you I just don't want to get a knee and only at this and the minute it happened, it was like, Okay, this is the worst case scenario you've ever thought of, Like what now? And up until super recently, I've been like really positive about it. And then the last couple of weeks like two three, really since like mid February, I've been like real down. I think when the full season ended for everybody, everything kind of goes quiet.
Speaker 1: For a little bit. There's no football to watch, No everyone's back in the gym and getting.
Speaker 3: Back in the gym and after it and you're seeing it. And I've had some things go up and down with it, like I'll be fine for Augus. But there's things that go great, and then there's hyper extend my knee or I slip, swelling goes back up, I can't work my quad out. Like things happen, and it's like you go from feeling like invincible when I was twenty I'm twenty nine years old, never had injury, never had surgery, Like I had my tonsils out when I was twenty two, and that was horrendous, Like but other than that, this is the only thing.
Speaker 4: It's good for you.
Speaker 1: I'm always saying that because we're still injured.
Speaker 3: Dude, Yeah, it was you definitely get out run me right now. I just it's it's super humbling to be put in this position. And I think it's such a crossroads. Like you hear the cliche YouTube videos all the time, like who are you with adversity strikes Like I'm finding out I'm pretty fucking awesome. Like I'm finding out shit's kind of going down and I'm handling it. Like I was telling him the other day, like I've been low key depressed for you know, four or five weeks, not consistent, can get out of bed type stuff. But like a couple of days ago by, I'll be in a great mood. Then one day I'll beously be like, fuck is this Am I gonna be healthier again? Am I gonna be able to do this again? And you're like, you know, then you have a pity party for a little bit and you go in the next day and next to you're fine.
Speaker 1: But it's like it's tough, dude. And I remember watching dudes get hurt like in college, and then the end of all imagine getting imagine getting that before you sign a ticket or something. Yeah, oh dude, that was.
Speaker 3: I almost pulled that insurance the year before. I almost pulled that insurance for it, because like, if you get hurt and loss of value, like you go for making this much, then you make this much, Like you'll never see that.
Speaker 1: You've probably seen every situation inside that locker room too.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that's wild is like you see dudes go down, dudes get hurt, and it's like, man, that fucking sucks. Well the next day or back to work, I'm not thinking about buddy anymore, just tour whatever broke this, and you see her once in a while on the training table getting some work done. But other than that, like you're in your zone and so like I get hurt and then you kind of think for a little bit, You're like nobody's really thought about me in a while.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Everyone's kind of like doing their own ship, and you kind of realize, like you're more alone than you think. Piece of meat, Yeah, just a piece of meat, dude, And it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's it's.
Speaker 4: An we're a commodity question.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got your buddies and stuff like that, but like you don't see the boys every day, and the boys are working towards going to the playoffs, getting the championship, and you're like, once you're out of commission, like you're not helping when especially.
Speaker 1: When they're on the road, that's when it's the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Derek, Derek went for two thousand this year or running back, and it's like that's a huge thing.
Speaker 1: You guys. He was a beast.
Speaker 3: He is a month.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a Packers fan and I was happy for Rogers winning the m v P, which I probably thought he should have won.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Well we.
Speaker 3: Actually had this conversation.
Speaker 4: On the oh, Derek.
Speaker 3: So Derek was getting all the boys chained with like two thousand something yards whatever he got, and he's like, do you want to change? I was like, He's like, you're getting a chain, and I'm like, man, I played five games. I didn't feel like I like I deserved it, you know what I'm saying. But Derek's a really good friend of mine. Other teams that you're getting it. He's the guy that checked on me all the time, and you just kind of feel weird, right, you get after all the boys grinding it out for sixteen games and getting.
Speaker 1: A Stanley Cup, bring you played one game in playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, when we facetimed after the Houston game where you stoked.
Speaker 1: I was extremely Yes, well, so the Houston game we won.
Speaker 3: The AFC South, the last game, it was the last game of the year, game of the year. Want to clin was so sick.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was so happy for the locker room guy.
Speaker 2: So we had this, uh we called it up right, and so I FaceTime tailor like when we're all celebrated, you know, I'm trying to get the boy in.
Speaker 4: I was kind of.
Speaker 2: Thinking in my head like that, I don't know if he's you know, I'm sitting there and I'm like, we won. I want to call the boy, but I don't want him to be sad because I know it like also sucks. But I just need to call a boy because he's part of it, no matter what, like whatever happens or whatever happens when he hangs.
Speaker 4: Up, like, he's a part of this. So I call and we do the whole team meeting and stuff. And I just never really knew, like.
Speaker 1: You kind to hear people off. The boy Yeah was showing me and I'm smiling through it, dude, But in the back of my head, Like I was happy for the boys, but it just sucked on being a part of it.
Speaker 3: It was a fucking bumber, especially when I got to the Times in twenty fourteen. We sucked. We were two and fourteen. We were trash. Like no, like, there are good dudes in the team, but there's zero chemistry, zero camaraderie. And like, I've been on that team longer than anybody except for a punter, and so like you kind of work through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see all these different people different come through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like you're like steady holding and you're just help the boys get to a point and then you get hurt and you see them go the farthest they did in a regular season and it fucking hurt.
Speaker 1: Dude. That was a very emotional moment for me after after you call, so, so, did you get your chain yet?
Speaker 3: I haven't got it yet.
Speaker 1: Now I don't even know. I don't know if I can wear it. I kind of feel batter No, no, no, it's like I don't know what. He didn't send it to the boys yet, he said, like twenty sixteen or seventeen seventeen, he said, A franchise record for like two hundred and forty six yards rushing against Jacksonville and he got us all chains and it was like a fat little medallion thing on there with like two forty eight.
Speaker 3: He makes like a forteen this year.
Speaker 1: Some of these guys spend it. Yes, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Some dudes get the funk out. Eric makes so much money off the field though. I like if I said Derek makes twelve a year or fourteen year? What was his number? He makes me for whatever contract he makes fourteen, he's got to make five to ten off the run.
Speaker 1: Actually he's probably getting like Nike your Adidas money.
Speaker 3: He got a fat he got a fat old.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was, but I just know it's fat. But he had this sweet commercial and Derek's he gives all the boys, you know what I mean, the Odor and b.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he uh like everything he gets like a look. He seems like it's free. Like Derek has nice stuff. But he he's not one of those dudes. I mean, thirtier cat on a rookie deal with the rules, Royce unlike you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh that's one thing you don't see much in hockey. His guys spending it crazy. But you yeah, you I mean, I've everyone seen the ESPN broke or whatever.
Speaker 3: You're terrified of that. I don't want to be that.
Speaker 1: Some of these yeah strolling up in lambos and it's just like this guy's on the practice squot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, Hey, we had a guy like that. We had a guy like that who spent all his money. And I'm not going to say his name.
Speaker 1: So I think it was is Jared Allen, the one who played for the Minnesota Vikings. Yestoo is supposed to be coming on the pod. Oh so, I imagine this guy's got a lot and ask him about this one, because I want to say. He opened up a restaurant in Scott's though when I was playing, it was a lodge. Oh so, he used to own the lodge, and then he opened up another one. I think it was called the It's something the Elephant. But he was saying during the lockout one year that I think he had like ten or fifteen guys on the team who had taken out hard money loans with him. Oh no, that's and I remember remember when there was a lot of pressure when when they were I think that the players had to stand united to go against the owner regarding something. I think they were trying to get guaranteed contracts, but that's never happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess quarterbacks first.
Speaker 1: He said, he said, most of these guys are living paycheck to paycheck.
Speaker 4: Guy's got a kind of lock out, like yell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just spending it. And he he I think he had about ten to fifteen hard money loans taken out for guys from guys on his own team. No, ask him about it, Ask him about it.
Speaker 4: That's we got to get.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's a reason I wear this hat. Man, maybe I'm full of ship. Listen, if I'm lying and he wasn't doing that, I'll burn this hat to me. I like that hat.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna neat that, you know, that would be that would be Uh, that's wild.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard of nothing like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, he might not be too thrilled I set this on here, but.
Speaker 3: Too well, if it's not if it's not, if it's not true, then who cares?
Speaker 4: Then who cares?
Speaker 1: That's why you just say whatever you want, because that's why that's why I got such a big nose all the lies. No man asked him about the hard money loans he was giving up. But that's uh yeah, guys are living living like crazy. They're bawling out.
Speaker 2: Before we go talk about Pink Whitney. Oh yeah, how did that ship happen?
Speaker 4: Number one?
Speaker 2: I've heard the story, like obviously with he likes pink lemonade with vodka. Yeah, but talk about some of the details that went into getting some deal with New Amsterdam Vaki, Like, who'd you guys go through?
Speaker 1: So our podcast started popping off in New Amsterdam and signed a deal with the NHL. So they said, hey, why don't we try something you know, new and maybe ourselves to this up and coming podcast because you could tell like a lot of the younger crowd was gravitating towards it. And on the first podcast he said, tell them what you mix with your vodka, which said, I mixed pink lemonade and vodka on the golf course. And you know, more and more people started sending it to us after he said that, and they were hashtagging pink Whitney. My business partner was like, hey, like, this is happening. A lot a lot of people noticed it, including Erica and Gallo. We got together made it. Do we ever think it would take on the mind of its own. That it did. It's more people than just the hockey community drinking it. We've sold fifteen million bottles of this stuff in just over a year. And it's just like college kids love it. It's like girls are getting white gonna wasted off of it. And yeah, and obviously the hockey community has taken a liking to it. And it's you know, it's just pink lemonade vodka. You might want to chill. It's it's better chilled, but it's a shot and h and I'm very intrigued. Bits out of my face. He's like, this is disgusting.
Speaker 4: I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I love it. I drink and I mix it with with heart selster sometimes and we're we're very grateful. And you know, it's take as I said, it's taking on a mind of its own. And check it out. Pink Whitney vodka. And you guys maybe start your own whiskey at some point.
Speaker 3: Well, it was always I think or something. I'm a big tequila guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's tequila.
Speaker 1: So here's the problem with tequila is everybody who started their own tequila.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, yeah, rock, there's at whiskey.
Speaker 1: Who's the other one, well, Costamigos. Of course they kind of started the trend. Yeah, I think Lebron James has just started at tequila.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a country band named Midland. They started in Tolitos. They started It's a good tequila, but they started that.
Speaker 1: Everyone's doing that a whiskey. George Strait started that Code of Goal, which is a really good George straight. I would that's probably a bucket list guy for the pod. Dude.
Speaker 3: Really, he's unbelievable. He is I think a stadiums doing whatever. He just stands there and shows the guitar and sings as hard.
Speaker 4: I think a whiskey would be sick.
Speaker 1: I know you all about that.
Speaker 4: I know, I know you hear me talk about all the time. We'll start both tequila and whiskey.
Speaker 1: I really think we can do whatever we wanted. We don't have a big following, but we got some loyal ask We got some loyal ones for sure. Hey, keep crushing it. And I appreciate you guys having me on and uh and listen as a fourth liner and uh, and I kind of a guy who's on the outside looking in most of the time. I hope you get your contract headed knockles the boy. How did that start? By you the boy? Are they both the boys? I guess we're both the boys.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It's a call recall thing, like.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened, all right, And I feel like I can I can recall this. So I feel like sometimes you go a little you'll get a little blank. So, Taylor, when I was when I came to Tennessee the first year, we just obviously became boys right away. Yeah, like right away, bonded over podcast ship whatever, koun of bill buddies where we do recovery stuff together, work out together.
Speaker 4: In the summer, all that kind of yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And as matter of fact, that's when my name and stuff was swowing up and my guy was there for me, and everything would be like, you know, the boys, like we'd have this little thing where we go work out and we go to Whole Foods and eat he beg all the boys get a little gym stuff, gym session, the wolfed in. The boys will go get burgers afterwards and Whole Foods, have a nice little day, a little boy's day. And then like he'd go to the house and when I go over to his house because I was just staying in like Candlewood Sweets, this little ass hotel which is all red lighted. But when I go to his house, right when I walk in, he'd be like the boy, Like it would always be all the boys are here, the boys. Like he would just always say the boys, and you would, and so you know, I'm catching on them all about like I knew the four of the boys stuff.
Speaker 4: That was going on with like barstool and like to hold the boys like.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I'm bought in the having the boys day, all that type of shit.
Speaker 4: So we just started saying it. Once we got in the training camp.
Speaker 2: We go in the cold tub before or hot tub before practice, cold tub after, and once you enter in entered in any room and you saw the boy, like the boy, and then other teammates started to say the boy, Like if.
Speaker 4: Terry be standing there, he'd beg the boy. Then jay Im would be next to beg the boy. Then you just yelled.
Speaker 1: The boys just.
Speaker 5: Scattered like turkeys, fucking yelling of the kind of just bonded over like in training camp together and so it just kind of became like the boys, like are you for the Boys or not, and we kind of just did this whole stick on being for the Boys for.
Speaker 1: Me and then it, like the vodka took on a mind of its own. Yeah, you're busting with the boy.
Speaker 4: And we went we started off. We started off that year show. I mean, we end up we didn't make the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs that year, but we were just always like the boys and the media would try and press us when he hit we'd had bad games, like oh somebody had left the team, as like, oh, is he like Sean Matthews. Yeah, it kind of just took its own little identity of being for the boys. I want to say, Barstool tried making a shirt talking about for the Boys, and we were trying to make our own shirt and stuff, and we're kind of at the time pissed that Barcela made this Titans for the Boys shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When we try to figure stuff out, like uh PMT like did said something they had a conversation with Rabel or they started talking about a podcast Rabel did and they wouldn't mention us. So I started going hand with them on a podcast because we.
Speaker 4: Had ours at time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, started just started ours and then bag Cat's like all right, hey, listen Bust with the Boys podcast. We get it, Taylor, all right, whatever, And in my head, I'm like, if I could just keep pressing these dudes every time they talk about us, we're gonna get more followers right up here.
Speaker 1: Three yeah exactly, that's what we're saying.
Speaker 3: So we start spouting off on them, and then like not even fifteen pods, twenty pods came in and they started calling.
Speaker 2: Us right right, right right right. That's when that's when all the conversations started to happen. Because Ray talked about cutting his dick off for a Super Bowl, and that's when PMT was talking about they went on his Offensive Tackles podcast.
Speaker 4: They didn't refer to me.
Speaker 1: Guys podcast. Yeah, and I was.
Speaker 2: Literally a linebacker for Verbell. They're like, why would he go on his defensive Guys podcast? Like, but anyways, talking about cutting his dick off. Oh football guy moved this and that. That's when Taylor started reaching out like, hey, you know, mention us this and that, and yeah. That's how stuff started to kind of start to spin upwards.
Speaker 1: For now here we are here, we are boys. We did it.
Speaker 4: We fucking made it in Scottsdale Arizona.
Speaker 1: Well, boys, thanks for having me on. You know, I hope to one day get to Tennessee to watch a game with you guys. Hey, hey, hey, you play.
Speaker 4: When we get on Spinning Chicklets.
Speaker 3: Oh, we want to talk about We.
Speaker 1: Should for sure do a collaboration. You know what we should do? You golf?
Speaker 3: That's what I was wanting, But I always heard the podcast. We start the podcast with me saying I like golf. What did we start the podcast with missing?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if you.
Speaker 3: Like, go out there and I'll swing a club, no problem.
Speaker 1: Well with your handicap seventy six. Okay, I'm not very good either. Yeah, maybe we'll play. We'll play ahead listeners up and down the whole. We definitely have to split because we're not like I've only played enjoying a stogy some music and people who don't take golf here. Maybe we can, Maybe we could think of another game. We'll meet you guys in the middle. We'll play, we'll play for something else, and then we'll get together. We'll sit down and we'll do something like this with win when we live. So. I don't know how much I mentioned Ra and Grenelle, but those are the two other guys who have obviously been huge are so ra Yeah. Grnell is a guy behind the scenes producing, running all the social ra Ara is a hardcore hockey fan who he's to me, he's like the Forrest Gump. He's found his way into all these amazing events, including a lot of Stanley.
Speaker 4: Cup kind of like Robbie with the USC Like like Robbie.
Speaker 1: But more so like he would be celebrating in the Stanley Cup locker room and it would just be like Ora getting a picture with like Chris Chellios with the Stanley Cup and being like, who the fuck? So yeah, So it's just this weird, weird mix of amazing personalities and other than me, of course, but it's been great. It's been cool. So let's say, yeah, we gotta all we gotta all link up and have some fun for sure. All right, thank you. This is a lot of one.
Speaker 4: Big shout out to you guys.
Speaker 2: If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Busting with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribe, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the boys climb the charts and again we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you'd like to watch our show or these episodes. They are on YouTube at Bust Them with the Boys. We're also on social media at busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere, go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal. But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys, always and forever