Speaker 1: You know, most businesses love when customers come back. When our customers come back, it means that we failed them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what it means.
Speaker 1: But we got a guy back for a second date today in your classic. You may have heard him before, so that's coming up in just a second. But let's start with your comments. Yeah, Rosie said, weird question, But have y'all ever done a meet and greet?
Speaker 2: I feel like that would be awesome. Love the show. We haven't done a live event in a while.
Speaker 1: We used to take listeners to Vegas. Oh my god, you guys, it was so fun. We're going to try to bring that back.
Speaker 2: I know time.
Speaker 3: Of course I got hired.
Speaker 2: They didn't have a big enough budget for alcohol. Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we will get something on the books for you so that we can all meet up and hug each other and be one happy family.
Speaker 2: But if you see us in a grocery store, say hi, this.
Speaker 4: Is Jeff, Like, maybe maybe just wave awkward.
Speaker 2: Just don't expect anything but awkward.
Speaker 5: Small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, your second date starts now.
Speaker 4: Second date up date.
Speaker 6: Out of all the second dates we've done, and we're talking hundreds and thousands.
Speaker 4: Even I think tens of thousands.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Possibly.
Speaker 6: Every once in a while I say this is a first Oh yeah, but this one really is.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't mean it.
Speaker 4: The other time that means no, I.
Speaker 6: Mean those other times, But this time I really mean because we have a return caller. His name is Zach and you might remember he was on the show a while back told us about his mobile bartending business that he does for parties and events and.
Speaker 2: Stuff, and he made pretty good money doing it.
Speaker 6: Exactly last time that he was on, he wanted us to call a woman named Bethany that he had met at one of those parties. Well, now he's back and he wants us to call that same woman, Bethany again.
Speaker 4: But she knows us.
Speaker 2: How did that last time though, that we called her?
Speaker 4: I don't think it went well, Zach. Are you okay? Did you hit your head? Because we already did this and she turned you down right? What happened?
Speaker 7: Well, I just ran into her again and we actually went on another first date.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that would be a second date, Zach.
Speaker 6: If you go and if you go out with the same girl two times, that's considered two separate dates.
Speaker 4: I do like two first dates.
Speaker 1: First date, she said no to you on our radio show, and then you ran into her in person, and then she said yes, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well it was like a few months in between when we did that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't realize there's like a statute of limitations, you know, where after a certain point it like cancels.
Speaker 4: It resets.
Speaker 1: Well, it's probably just she had a lot of bad experiences in that couple of months.
Speaker 2: So she's like, I guess I'll tell that guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, But for those of our listeners who don't know what happened the last time, or who might not remember Bethany, could you jog our memory just a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I met her while I was bartending a joint bachelor slash bachelorette backyard party, and she was just one of the Guess.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, and why did she not like you?
Speaker 7: Well, she said no.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, he can recap. Yeah, what happened the first.
Speaker 7: Time, Well, she said that I basically had talked about myself too much and my business too much.
Speaker 4: Right, that's right.
Speaker 6: So it didn't work out the last time you were on the show. But now you're saying you ran into her again recently. Yeah, what happened in the second meetup.
Speaker 7: Well, that's kind of funny because I was bartending another bachelor at party. Oh really she was at that one too.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is like a lexus. How many times is this woman going to be in a wedding?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I guess a lot of her friends are getting married right now, and she's bouncing from wedding the wedding.
Speaker 2: It tends to happen that way.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what happened when you and beth Andy saw each other at this new bachelorette party?
Speaker 4: I know you?
Speaker 2: Was it that friendly?
Speaker 4: I'd be shocked.
Speaker 7: First was that deer in the headlights where we both just kind of locked guys and froze for a second.
Speaker 4: How did the interaction go? Well?
Speaker 7: I didn't open up very well. I started with, you know, hey, it's funny that a lot of your friends are getting snatched up and you're still single.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, you said that to her?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think she may like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I tried to stop it as it was coming out, but it didn't work.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. What did she say back?
Speaker 7: Well, she said something like, well, there you have it. That's why I didn't want another date with you.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, just reconfirming. Well, the sparks are just flying between you two right now. The right girls love being a little bit of means. So you did get a date? How did you pivot?
Speaker 7: Well, it wasn't really a date officially. It was like we we were hanging out at the bachelorette party while I was on break, and then we were hanging out in this garden area and we actually kind of made out a little bit. O.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you don't have to work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's his own business.
Speaker 4: The bar closed halfway through the park. Just open twenty and leave him on the counter. You got to make out?
Speaker 7: I did? I got a makeout?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, of course she did, because she'd been drinking and you pointed out how lonely she.
Speaker 4: Is so.
Speaker 7: Wrong.
Speaker 1: Probably was it like super drunk makeout or did you guys actually connect?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Go into the details for brook.
Speaker 5: How much.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't interpret a drunk makeout as she's something's interested in me.
Speaker 4: I that's true. She could just especially.
Speaker 1: Especially any wedding scenario and after they've turned me down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I beg the different. I think she was definitely interested.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, what gave you those vibes Probably the makeout.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean there seemed like there was sparked flying because she didn't pull back. She seemed to be into it, and I was certainly into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, now you're here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you're saying that she's not responding to you after your second bachelorette party makeout.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 1: At the square once, dude, I am just dying to talk to her because she is going to be like, what you are calling me again? She's gonna know, yeah, She's gonna know yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's what's funny.
Speaker 6: That's what makes this an actual First we have two of the exact same people that are being called on the second date update and hoping that the second time goes better than the first.
Speaker 4: What do we do? Just go, okay, remember last time you reconsider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, by could you answer differently? What's a strategy here?
Speaker 6: I want to We should get her to talk about this last date and what her impression was, right, Yeah, I mean, we'll just see if she even answers. Because she has our number two from the last time to be called, we're gonna find out.
Speaker 4: We're going for the very first.
Speaker 6: Time Second date update, redo, will she answer she?
Speaker 4: Is this gonna work out? It's coming up. We'll make that call right after this second date update.
Speaker 6: The Great Yogi bearra once said, I'm getting deja vu all over again, and I think that's what I'm feeling right now.
Speaker 1: Who like a sports guy that's Yogi Bear, Like, yeah, baseball player.
Speaker 4: He's just so embarrassing to work with. I don't know anything.
Speaker 6: The thing is I'm having, that's deja vu feeling because we're having the exact same two second daters back on again. So you think the title of this would be third date update, But yeah not.
Speaker 4: According to our listeners, Zach.
Speaker 1: I thought we could call it Groundhog's Day.
Speaker 2: No one's gonnaunderstand that.
Speaker 6: If you remember Zach, he's a mobile bartender who met a woman named Bethany at a joint bachelor bachelorette party he was working. Bethany said no to us the first time that we called her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean very clearly.
Speaker 6: But fast forward months later, they meet again at a different bachelorette party, end up making out, and now she's not texting him back.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's no date in any of this story.
Speaker 4: Let's remember that making out is pretty close.
Speaker 2: No, god, ya, do you have any dudes I made out with and I didn't even know their names.
Speaker 6: It's interesting the things that you choose to brag about.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, that's not real life what you're saying.
Speaker 6: I wonder how Bethany is gonna feel when we call her and if she answers she hears our voices again, like, Zach, doesn't this feel weird to you at all?
Speaker 4: You seem so calm a little bit.
Speaker 7: I mean, come on, things happened for a reason, and the fact that we ran into each other again just kind of sparked it for me, like, you know, maybe there is something there, maybe fate stepping in.
Speaker 4: That's nice, that's.
Speaker 2: A good way to interpret it. And if not, you're a chill guy.
Speaker 6: Like and Brook mixed out with chill guys all the time without knowing their names, make up.
Speaker 1: With uptight guy whatever guy, I mean, I'm married, nose, I can't well before.
Speaker 4: He's also, we'll see. Let's just call her. We'll see if she picks up here.
Speaker 5: We go, Hello, Hi, Bethany, so.
Speaker 2: Be morning.
Speaker 1: Remember us like a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Maybe we just started to ask for a review of how the first time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not you, it's not you, it's me.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show, Bethany.
Speaker 3: No, no, Bethany, Bethany, we've done this.
Speaker 5: I'm good, We're good.
Speaker 4: No, Bethany, you don't. You have no idea what we're even calling about.
Speaker 3: You know why you don't make me do this because, Bethany.
Speaker 4: Look, I hear you.
Speaker 6: I really want to respect your wishes, but we have a job to do on this show, just like a certain strapping hunk of a man who was doing his job serving you drinks recently, you know.
Speaker 3: Zach, I've been trying to forget.
Speaker 7: Yes, the second time was way.
Speaker 6: Smoother than the first.
Speaker 3: Guys, it was a mistake.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: The makeout session was a mistakes.
Speaker 6: Are you sure, because it is interesting that the two of you keep randomly running into each other when you're at your most vulnerable Bethany.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of my friends keep getting married and apparently only no one Bartender.
Speaker 1: Were you shocked? Like, what were you thinking the first moment you saw.
Speaker 3: Zach that I need to talk to the maid of honor at the next party I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there like just a little bit of you that was excited to see him.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess a little bit because I did end up making out with him. But ye, but it was like the tiniest I mean, the teenious, the tiniest.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, we want to talk to that teeny tiny little part of you and reintroduced that tiny part of you to Zach, who you know is already listening and desperately wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I forgot that was how it works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Zach, you there, Yeah, here, we are back again.
Speaker 3: What are you doing. I told you that that was a one time mistake.
Speaker 7: You said that, you said it was a good mistake, So so hard say that part.
Speaker 3: I just remember saying it was on a sake. I mean, honestly, I mean that with a lot of guys that night, so I wouldn't say that it was like that.
Speaker 7: I probably the last guy you made up with.
Speaker 3: So you know.
Speaker 2: The part of the lineup you want to be.
Speaker 7: In that you were kind of to me. You trusted me to call you an uber, where you didn't trust anyone else to call one for.
Speaker 3: You, because you were the one serving all of us drink. Everyone else was drinking.
Speaker 6: I mean What we were just talking about before we called you is stuff like fate and destiny.
Speaker 4: Things happened for a reason.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's a little thief.
Speaker 2: Drunken weddings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would think that you keep running into each other. There's a tiny bit of you that's obviously attracted to him. Why not go on one real date just to give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen? I mean, you've already drunkenly made out with him.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean actually did that twice. But there is a big difference between drunkingly making out with somebody and then dating the bar dating it one date.
Speaker 2: We're just asking for one date. That's it, one chance. One come on.
Speaker 4: You know he's a good kiss.
Speaker 5: Oh ye, good point.
Speaker 2: We didn't ask for that.
Speaker 6: I mean, Zach, you're the one who has been calling us all these times wanting to connect with her. I'll give you twenty seconds here to say your piece, convince Bethany to meet up with you one more time.
Speaker 7: Okay, you know what if dating a successful mobile bar thender isn't really a dream come true for you. I do have bigger than that.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 7: Oh, also want to integrate mobile karaoke with it as well.
Speaker 4: It's actually smart playing.
Speaker 1: It's much better than the sober karaoke mobile details.
Speaker 7: Right, you can come get your confidence from me and then go ahead and sing your song right after.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: All you need is a bed situation and you kind of have a mobile home at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, party, you have a drink and laid out.
Speaker 6: Is that a selling point for you, bethany.
Speaker 7: One thing you probably don't know about me is that you know I was basically right in a trailer for my ninth birthday. I got a microphone in a boom box and I used it. I kind of have a natural sound in my voice as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it would you just hearing it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, your singing voice is really good.
Speaker 4: Are you here? Serenade?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Get to woo brown, Oh wow?
Speaker 6: Go for blah that love?
Speaker 5: Oh whoa that love?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It sounds so fun. Go on one day? Come on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will pay for remember Bethany, if you say yes the dates on us.
Speaker 2: It won't do it for the plot.
Speaker 3: I can't and I'm not saying that like I never want to see you again, but I am going to ask if you are bartending at a bachelorette party for a girl named Sienna next month, Because if you are, I'm going to have to change my rs VP.
Speaker 2: He's a romantic at heart.
Speaker 7: What a guy about silent, So there's a good chance you'll see me there that book.
Speaker 6: Solid, Zach, you're her kryptonite. Every time that she's around you, she goes weak.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know it's him or the Mohido.
Speaker 6: But it's the perfect combo.
Speaker 4: It's all leading you towards Zach.
Speaker 6: So it might be a no from you now, Bethany, but it could be possible next month at Sienna's bachelorette party.
Speaker 1: Third I say third time on this show call back. It's gonna be like fifty first dates.
Speaker 4: Time she goes I'll go.
Speaker 6: We will call you one hundred times until you were great.
Speaker 7: I think she's laughing, right, I think Fate Lenda hand and do its thing, And I've got a good feeling we'll see each other next month.
Speaker 4: Get your uber apple open, Bethany. He's gonna dial it for you. Looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: So yeah, when it comes to Bethany and Zach, we are oh for two.
Speaker 2: I really thought you were going to get her right there. I thought that she was like, Okay, I'll give him a chance.
Speaker 4: She's coming around. She's admitted, Yeah, he's pretty good kisser. Yeah when I'm drunk, I guess. But we're gonna get her third time. That's the thing. All for two is not three strikes. You're out. Zach is still in this game for a couple more swings. He just has to like run into her again.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, I think we're done.
Speaker 6: No with me, Brook, I was so proud of you during this segment. I really thought in part one you were not very on board. Was Zach trying again after the rejection? I think you called him sad and desperate but say that something like that. But by the end you were really on board with Zach pulling for him.
Speaker 2: I think he's a sweet guy. I do. I just think, just.
Speaker 4: Stop there, Okay, I don't need to say anymore.
Speaker 6: Brook, You are my MVP of today's sponge shall even if it did end in total utter failure, you could take the MVP on this one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: I guess You're welcome, and remember, Brook can be the MVP for you if you email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, no matter how many times you've run out to them and they've said no.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say after twice, we're just gonna call it no.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No negative attitudes here, and you won't find any negative attitudes on our podcast either.
Speaker 4: You'll find them wherever you get yours A Brook and Jeffrey