Speaker 1: My Next Guest has a boxing record of thirty three and zero with twenty two knockouts. Tomorrow night, he returns to the ring after an eighteen month hiatus at the michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, to take on South Jersey's Thomas Lamana, whose record is thirty nine to five and one with eighteen knockouts. The one and Only Jamal Charlo, the hit Man, the modern day hit Man.
Speaker 2: What's up, big Time?
Speaker 3: How are you? Man?
Speaker 2: How's everything from Steve A?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Where the hell have you been?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're too damn great, You're undefeated.
Speaker 1: You're too damn good for us not to go eighteen months without seeing your fight.
Speaker 2: Where you been?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes uh, pim hell wounds, you know, and uh sometimes you know, I have to step away and you know, get myself back focus and get back right. And some of the fights that I was looking for, they wasn't happening, and you know, getting a little holders, just had to take care of my kids and just hid under the rock working.
Speaker 1: You know, I saw you and the last time we saw each other face to face was at the Aerospace Junior in terms of Crawford way in and I remember talking to you because your little brother was about to fight Canelo, and I'm like, wait a minute, you bigger? You know, I said, you the one that's supposed to be in that ring with him, and that didn't happen, And I thought that that would have been an epic fight. When you look at your career and the bottom line is you're undefeated, but people barely talk about you. How much has that resonated with you and made you ache to get back in the ring?
Speaker 3: Man, it does feed my eagerness.
Speaker 4: And then now I'm getting a little bit more educated or like, you know, process and how everything you know happens. And some of these fighters that is trying to fight me on that big level, that big stage, it's not even on them. It's these promoters, some of the stingy people, some of the people that's the headquarters. You know, it's so hard to make these fights happen, and we with the same handle as half of the time. So honestly, you know, the big fights is you know they're on the way. But now we're starting to the fighters theirselves are starting to promote the fight. They're starting to make the fights happen now, so it's fighter versus fighter.
Speaker 1: You know, I get criticized because listen, listen, I'm a fan of you and your brother. I always have been, and damn it, I'm always gonna be because I like y'all. I like y'all both, okay, and I remember, you know, when you got yourself into some issues, the crash into the Lamborghini and got arrested, all of this other stuff. I was saying to you when I saw you, I was saying to you what I had said on television.
Speaker 2: You've been through a lot.
Speaker 1: You've been going through a lot emotionally, and I'm glad you brought up that stuff about, you know, of the fighters, because it seemed like you looked at the system, whether it was the fighters, the promoters, you were struggling to figure out what the hell was going on and why you were going through some.
Speaker 2: Of the things that you've gone through.
Speaker 1: What do you have to say to the boxing audience right now about all you've been through and why they should believe you're back and you're here to stay for the foreseeable future, as opposed to being somebody that's gonna disappear in another year or two.
Speaker 4: From Baltimore Heart my fans was still with me, that that honestly knew what I was going through at the time. I really wanted those big fights and they wasn't happening.
Speaker 3: And a lot of the times, uh.
Speaker 4: You know, we don't know what we're going through at the moment. And yeah, I was on that, on that verge of crashing out, but you know, I stay focused. And the reason they they should know that this is not gonna happen ever again, because like you know, I moved forward and I gave it all the guy now, so I know God got the best interest of me. Fans that that have been there for me and that that.
Speaker 3: You know understand me.
Speaker 4: They know that I'm here to go get another world tight away at one sixty eight.
Speaker 3: And I'm here to stay. I'm here to stay. I'm back. I'm better. The little time off.
Speaker 4: It's something I needed to heal myself and I did mentally, physically ani muscling.
Speaker 3: So I'm back in the rent.
Speaker 1: When you say that you were close to crashing out, not my words, Your words tell an audience specifically what you mean by that.
Speaker 4: I was giving up in my mind. You know, I gave up on myself sometimes some of them dark nights. And when I was in my dark places, I I you know, I didn't have no one to turn to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I was actually embarrassed to go to my mom. I was embarrassed to go to my brother. I started me going around my brother and my mom and my family and my friends, people that were close to me like that I was bringing negative energy that they might want to be around.
Speaker 3: Nobody wanted to try to handle it on my own.
Speaker 4: But then I just stepped out the little box and kind of gave it to God and started giving everything, you know, all my problems.
Speaker 3: And put it on the table, facing them and bat it on myself.
Speaker 4: Crashing out like I was, you know, of not caring about what the next person thought about me or how I felt about it. To my fans and my you know, people who really understood me. I just didn't want to listen at the time. And it took me some you know, some some shaping up to do. I got back, and I feel like I'm back and I'm strong and I'm better.
Speaker 1: How much, if at all, has your brother helped you and how close are you guys?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: My brother definitely helped me. I even said some things to him when I was going through I was going through that. You know, I regrets saying and uh. We we got that one bond where you know, we talked about it, we figured it out. We figured that wasn't the move. And you know, and me and my twin brother, we were real close. Now we see how he understood what I was going through. You know, it's just one of those things, you know, like my brother always got me, so he motivated me more I got. We're back training together. We went back to our whole roots. We both got our first trainer, back to amateur trainer that we started this boxing stuff off with, and we both trained together.
Speaker 3: We got boxing gym together. You know, we're back on You know, he.
Speaker 4: Went through the Panella fight and I wish I could have been there a little bit more, but I blame that on me. So now it's my turn to get in there with him.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering whether or not that's ever gonna happen. I think you got business to handle with Caleb Plant first. However, you got this fight because you can't take anything for granted in the boxing when you know that a hell of a lot better than me on most people talk to me about this fight coming up, who this brother is and what you think he brings to the table, particularly going up against the likes of you, this guy Thomas Lamana.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not taking nothing away from Thomas Lamada. He has experienced. He has like thirty nine fights and whatnot. He's a tall guy, rangey, he's been in the amate, he's been around boxing for a while. He's not like a push off in o'walko. He's just you know, he's never been in there with a Jamal Charlotte. I don't come to lose. I don't come to play. I'm gonna try to be as precise as I can. I'm gonna feed him everything that he's invalid before the defense makes championships.
Speaker 3: And you know that.
Speaker 4: So, uh, my defensive be on point. I'll be sharp, I'm faster, I'm bitter. I'm telling you I only could talk about it, but I rather to show you, you know, but to mafoot stepping up and being you know who you say you're gonna be, and I mean, we're gonna see you know, hopefully you can stand up to the punishment.
Speaker 3: It or not, you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: We fight for the WBSL to be my third world title and in my third vision.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: You're already wanted junior middleweight and the middleweight title and undefeated, and now you're going for a super middleweight title. Everybody believes that this is the setup. Obviously you're on the undercard. Caleb Planner is on the main card, the main event that night. And everybody's heard about y'all history where you know, you know you, you grabbed his bed and supposedly slapped you and all this stuff. Y'all don't like each other, but according to reports, y'all have talked to each other, and y'all like, I ain't gonna call y'all friends or anything like that, but y'all understand the business that comes with it. Right now, everybody's looking forward to you ultimately fighting that dude.
Speaker 2: How much are you looking forward? How much does this fight service motivation?
Speaker 1: Knowing that in all likelihood Caleb plant will be next, assuming he handles his business Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Right, he has the de interium title.
Speaker 4: Uh, the super should be the super champion should be vacated soon and.
Speaker 3: Me and Keler Plant for it should be fighting for that world title.
Speaker 4: I want to fight. That's the fight that the fans want. That's the fight that needs to happen. You know, if ends a bus about it, uh you know the Canelo fight. Yeah, that's a cool fight with the fans and all people around the world. They rather to see me fight that fight. That's the fight I want to have. Yes, we we talked about it. We we handle business together.
Speaker 3: You know, he gotta take care his business. I gotta take care of mine. You gotta take his family. I gotta take care of mine to the same.
Speaker 4: But you got a different hunger in Jamal Sharlow. Now that's the fight I won't That's the fight we're gonna have.
Speaker 1: So you want the Caleb Plant fight more than you want Canelo more?
Speaker 2: Do you want David Videz?
Speaker 3: Yeah at this point for sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so what's fight?
Speaker 4: Rather? I'd rather fight for my legacy rather than just go oh being to be there because he so called the Mexican man saying Canelo because he's Canelo.
Speaker 3: You know, he's an all time.
Speaker 4: Great or whatever Hall of Famer you know, can't take nothing away from none of these fighters. Kaylerself, he's one of those uh high guard champions on me. But I feel like this is one of those fights. Me and Keler plant we uh this, this would be better right now at the time. This would be a better fight than a Canelo fighter being to the fight.
Speaker 1: But but why do you want him so badly put it? I don't want to speculate for why do you tell a world why you want him so bad?
Speaker 4: Got history? We got history. He snuck me at the thing. He want to be tough, you want to be you know, uh he a coach of vulture. I want all that, you know, if you really want me to go there with you, you know, uh not on my level. You know what I'm saying from Houston, from me from Tennessee whatever with both southern but you know, uh, just speaking on it like as well as I can. I want to fight somebody that like I want that fight. I'm more eager for that fight of anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, then that means you're gonna handle your business even more Saturday night? Can I get a prediction for I let you get on out of you? Are we looking at a knockout to Saturday night? Way we're looking for.
Speaker 4: I'm beat his ass for the whole twelve miles and if I knock him out, I'm knock him out.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: I'll see you soon, man. I'm happy to see you. Back hand of your business, so you can stay back.
Speaker 2: I'm talking. I don't want to see. I love your brother, you know I love your brother.
Speaker 1: But I was so mad when he was in the ring with Canilo because I was like, he's moving up two weight classes.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to be in there against that brother bigger.
Speaker 4: And both was mad because I was mad at you for picking on Lebron Lebron alone.
Speaker 2: Oh you stopped that.
Speaker 1: Man sme picking on Lebron picked. I'm picking on the six eight, two hundred and sixty pound dude. I'm picking on him.
Speaker 2: I'm picking. That's what we do it.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You're showing up at the fights is just like me showing up at Taylor Plant them fights.
Speaker 2: You all the best, man. I'll be watching Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to and we'll talk about that Lebron Shore when I see you too, talk about all right, head to your business, all right, bro, taking these to good luck man.
Speaker 2: It was Jamal Taller. I'm wishing him luck.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You know I've had a lot of conferences a few conversations with him in the past.
Speaker 2: Man, he's good people.
Speaker 1: I'm really hoping that he handles his business Saturday Night.
Speaker 2: I think he will, and I would like to see him against Taylor planning. To be honest with you, really really would