Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're back. We're black, we're brown. Ambition, ambition, ambition. I wish you guys could see manager right now. She is like Meanwhile, like her video went.
Speaker 2: Off, I know I will describe it well for me. I don't know why. But don't worry about it. I'm sure the people somehow they'll be to see you. I still see me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your video is still recording anyway, I remember what you look like. Her curls are papping. She's got a nice little side park going, and her curls are.
Speaker 2: Giving life there.
Speaker 1: It's giving luxury, it's giving moisture, it's giving definition, it's giving you wish you could but can't.
Speaker 2: And she's got a little light beat.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, okay, right because you know, right so, Mandy is like this like mannyskin skin complexion is like vanilla with a little caramel undertone. And right now it's really it's giving bronzer. It's giving even though it's winter. Get into this, like you know, natural tan.
Speaker 3: You're making me hot. Just stop talking about my face. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Her lashes, literally, her lashes are giving, like girl, you know, like you know how like I always feel so jealous whenever I see like little kids. I'm like, you don't even need all them blashes. It's giving that right now. Her lashes are everything. I'm like, Mandy, I'm like, where you're going. You look really cute today, So meanwhile, I've given you gray sweatsh sweat, I'm giving you. I didn't take a shower today, yes yet, because it was such a busy day. But guess what, the melanin is still popping either way.
Speaker 3: So you know what melanin is like an instant concealer. It's an instant foundation. We wake up and the face is halfway there. That's what I feel, you know what exactly.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, you know, I don't feel nothing about it. I could give matt Men all her props and be like, you know, but yeah, she looks really today. I was like, maybe what you're doing today, because you're doing something and looking like that.
Speaker 3: I just can't always rely on, you know, zoom filters and the uh the other day, I really, did you have we talked about this yet? On zoom you can add a lip and a brow. No, did you know this?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And it's it comes in so clutch when all you need is a little bit of something like you just roll out of bed and you don't want them to know. Yes, go into your it's kind of hidden, but you have to go into your find a filter or choose a background, and then it's like studio filters. This is the pro tip. You can pick a lip, you can pick your brow. You can do like even the opacity. You can go for like a full Kylie Jenner. Or if you want more of like you know, just something more natural, more of like a t Tiffany Eliche right now, then you can go for like more of a translucent brow. It's everything. However, it froze the other day when I was drinking something and I'm like, you could see my lips stuck to my glass, like you know. I was like, maybe this isn't you know, Maybe I should get some actual makeup and try again. So shouts out to old to beauty at Tarje because I hit them up and it is a trap. You will leave spending a lot of coins. But it was fun.
Speaker 2: No, that's funny. I did not know.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, it's getting real out here when Zoom is doing filters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean it's it's pretty good. Just don't try and drink or put anything in front of your face. Just sit there and look pretty. That's the ticket. Ulie noted, well, I woke up kind of down today because I was reading up on the Travis Scotty. Did you hear what happened in Astro World? Isn't that? It just seems insane, It seems tragic. Makes me sad. My heart goes out to all the victims. I just wanted to say that at the top of the show because it just seems like something that was so preventable and it was supposed to be, you know, one of the first it feels like life is sor every time I say life is coming back and then it's like we go backwards. But yeah, it just kind of felt like one of those moments where things are sort of rezuming to normalcy, and it just it's awful that it ended in such tragedy.
Speaker 1: They said some people literally have uh literally had heart attacks. So I'm just really curious to like what all, you know, what all happened. I know there's a lot of criticism because he kept playing and people were like, oh, we can't stop because we're recording.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, Peo, people are dying.
Speaker 3: For forty minutes he kept playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, So it's really sad because I mean you said that they were they were. I just I just saw a video of people kind of like screaming to stop and to help, and I was on, I'm not, I don't, I'm not on TikTok a ton, but they were. People basically have been posting times when artists have stopped the show, like because someone was going to be hurt, and they're like theyve Adele has done it, blink when maybe whenever all these other artists and they're like, why didn't he stop the show, you know, to make sure that you know people could be safe.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, I just anyone who was involved in that or loves music and just wanted to get back to normalcy. My heart just goes out to everybody and all the victims especially, And we'll post a link. I think that there is like a there are some sites you can go to if you want to help any of the victims. So we'll try to include that in the show notes as well. But you said there was another wait, what's going on with Zillo? Because you mentioned something about Zillo, and my little ears perked up.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Remember we talked about Zillo before, and I was like, I don't know how I feel about them getting into the real estate market because they were buying a home and selling it. So a friend of mine that happened with her mother, like she said it was smooth, you know, but that she had to quickly move and needed to sell her home, so she sold it via Zillo. And you know, I don't know, she'll never know what the full market rate she could have gotten it from, because how you know is like, you know, multiple people make an offer, but she just allowed Zillo to make an offer. So like a lot of real estate professionals, you know, were angry because they're like, oh, you know, you're crowding into our space and and you know you're basically you're buying homes for less and also too with your estimates where you get to say, hey, this is how much we think a home is worth. Isn't that like you're kind of you have your hand on both sides of the cookie jar, like the home was worth is we're selling it and buying it for this. So I don't know what happened as far as like legally, but last week sometimes Zillow made a decision that they were not going to be selling homes, so they're getting rid of their inventory and as a result, they're actually letting go about twenty five percentator of their staff. So, yeah, hundreds of homes like in Atlanta, Phoenix, Houston. Yeah, and almost two thirds of their homes were listed for less than what they paid. So there's about seven thousand homes two point eight billion dollars you know, of homes that they're just like, you know what, you know, we're out of the home selling business.
Speaker 2: And yeah, like I.
Speaker 3: Just are those homes on clearance? Are there any good ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're saying like they're saying that they you know that basically that yes, some of the homes are being sold for for less of what at least Villo bought them for. Who knows if they're clearance, but they're selling for less than Zilla bought them for. So I'm just curious, like I wonder if there was you know, some sort of like governmental pressure, you know, did not seem as profitable as they thought, So I'm just really curious as to why. But yeah, so I guess realtor is you can breathe easy that Zillo will not be at least for now, like crowding in on the market and buying a pose and selling them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like the next time I'm ready to buy a home, who even knows what will be available. But it feels like Zillo definitely has a huge chunk of at least consumers and customers like how we are shopping for homes and where we're where we're shopping and buying homes. So, you know, I feel like monopolies, like like the social media giants. You know, everyone's trying to break up these social media giants. I mean, maybe it's for these online realty realtor companies too, who are just kind of taking over everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just kind of like.
Speaker 3: Oooh, I'm all down for technology, but I don't know if I want to, like to sell a whole house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's literally that someone I'm looking at it now a little bit. So the Zillo CEO basically said that it was costing them too much. The financial costs were too great. The company lost three hundred and eighty million dollars in the last quarter from Zilo offers. That's what that's what that program was called. So you can't continue to lose like almost half a million dollars a quarter. Yeah, so I'm just curious, Like I said, they'll be selling off those homes.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to see, you know.
Speaker 1: I told a friend of mine who's looking for home in Atlanta, how do you get on that list or learn more?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're blaming everything from go Ahead. They say that they're looking to sell. They have seven thousand homes. They're looking to sell to both individuals and or investors.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But yeah, where's that mailing list, like you said, because we're.
Speaker 1: Real, I'm like, especially if you're selling it under they're basically looking to cut.
Speaker 3: A liquid m exactly what else is going on? We finally got the infrastructure bill passed, one trillion dollar infrastructure bill. Honestly, it's my biggest grief is always going to be well, not always, but one of the biggest things is is I wish that they had been able to get the paid prints to leave in there like they wanted to.
Speaker 2: What did what?
Speaker 3: What did we end up with four weeks at the end of it? Not if anything? So, I don't know. It just feels like it feels like everybody wants a society where everyone. First of all, we have you need to income earners often to like be able to even like in order to have a household where each person just has one job, and you know, they are bringing in a decent enough income to like pay for the cost of childcare and housing, these incredibly expensive costs to cost today. So they're calling the plan to Build back Better bill and basically, yeah, they were. We were. They were pushing for a twelve week paid leave that got knocked down to just four weeks, which I guess is something. I mean, it's like two grand a month or basic basic daycare, especially where we live where I live in New York. And I was having lunch with a girlfriend the other day and she's pregnant with her second and her son is Rio's age too, So that means, like the math is, you're going to have two children in daycare unless you decide what to quit and work and just be a stay at home, you know, parent, which you can't afford to do because you have housing expenses, whether you rent or you have a mortgage. Everything expensive. And she's like, we're gonna make it work. You know. It's it's one of those it's a it's a human and it's on the way and it's you know, and just it also gets into you know, our right to choose our own family planning and you have of course you have anti abortion like that is going to be reaching the Supreme Court again. There's a case out there and there will be more. And it's like, so you don't want us to decide, you know, our own our own you know how many children we want, and when we don't want to have children anymore, so you don't you want to control our bodies. But when it comes to having the children and making sure that they have a good quality of life, that they're educated, and that we're able to work, to live and survive, you don't want to give us that kind of support. So, and I know progressives especially there were like six Progressives who didn't vote in favor of the bill, which I understand their point because it didn't go far enough. It could have been way more supportive of working families and all of that. Twenty twenty four is going to be a very interesting election and I'm scared, like if Democrats don't start delivering, I'm scared that they're not going to get the support.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, you know, one thing that was like, I want to add in the bill that odd, But I was like, what is this? I saw that there's one billion outs set aside in the bill to reconnect communities, mainly disproportionately black neighborhoods. I'm reading from CNN dot Com and I'm like, wow, I mean, I'd always I heard that, like, for example, in Detroit, that there would be these like, you know, thriving black neighborhoods and they would divide them with the highway, destroying you know, this like economic hub and the black neighborhood. And so yeah, I guess I'm I'm I'm really just like curious about what does.
Speaker 2: It look like.
Speaker 1: I said, it's gonna fun planning, design and demolish and reconstruct the street grids, parks.
Speaker 2: Or other infrastructure.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, oh, so you acknowledged that highways were put up to destroy the economic prosperity in black neighborhoods, gotcha. Yeah, so we shall see. That's something that I thought was interesting. I'm like, well, what does that look like actually rolled out? But to your point, am I gonna lie? I'm not feeling I've kind of like resigned myself that like you know, when the next presidential elections come up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because.
Speaker 1: You know, like where's we said that student loan? You know, there was gonna be some student loan relief an saying it. You know, some of the policies that were put in place for immigrants and immigrants in Mexico, for folks that have been trying to come here, some of those policies, some of those inhumane policies have maintained. I was reading an article that these immigration lawyers are basically like I'm not going to continue to participate and you know, current policies because they're they're cruel, And I just was like, you know, some of these policies were put in place with the last administration and they've been kept in place.
Speaker 2: So and we all see what happened to Haitians, you know.
Speaker 1: Were that were here or trying to get here, and how literally they were being whipped as if it was seventeen seventy two, like with men on horses whipping them as if they're not human beings. This happened under this current administration. So I am, you know, I'm not hopeful, and I guess here and what's to be hopeful? For hopeful for more of this cry honesty. I'm like, it's looking just like where we were before, and like, what's the real difference. It's just that what the news is more salacious. So I don't know Democrats, honestly, it just it's not looking good. But it's not looking good currently either, so.
Speaker 3: Right and people are not good. They're not They won't really change things in the way that we want them to. Progressives do. I'm assuming you're progressive, but you know, progressives do unless we make noise and unless we are out there just as vocally as we were before. And I think a lot of us were just worn and tired from twenty twenty. And I will raise my hand and be like, you know, I wasn't as active. Of course, I voted in this past election, and all of that just last week or two weeks, it was it last week. I forget now and all that is really important. But I do feel like we all just took a much need to breather and just like, Okay, let's woosaw, and I think we deserve that, but let's let's get back to it and let's start making noise again, because there's a couple more years and ye, it's not just enough to elect Democrats anymore. It's about electing. It's about electing officials who are actually going to put forward changes that impact those of us who rarely get the attention, you know what I mean. So back on it. Election season always always Okay?
Speaker 1: Any other news we can use when it comes to money, career, business, anything, anything new in business?
Speaker 2: How are you doing? We haven't had a bit. We need to have the business check.
Speaker 3: In, the business check in every week. We just had an update last week.
Speaker 1: No, no, not every week, but just like, no, I feel like we didn't have a check in, check in, Like how are you overall?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling? How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm making money, I'm doing well. I am Yeah, I'm still doing I did. I've done three career coaching sessions today I'm up to like fifty five so those are still going really well. But my income streams have been consistent. Ish, I mean, it is the kind I am getting used to. The checks won't always come at the exact same time. But the biggest thing, and I've gotten this question so much many times since I went solo, was how much do you need to save before you break out? Into your own and I don't think there's any right answer, but what I will say in my personal experience, my husband and I had a year's worth of income set aside cash, which we were just in the middle of deciding, you know, we should probably just put have we probably have way too much set aside. We need to just put half of this in the market and all of that. But it takes it really has taken the pressure off of me. So I don't feel that anxiety, and I don't feel that sense of if I don't make you know, if I don't get this gig, or if I don't make this or that, that we're not going to be able to make their mortgage payment on time. So we have been living off of those savings while I'm still bringing in that income. So that has been really good. And I think if you're in the position and you want to have that freedom fund, like I always talk about, our freedom fund, has really been freedom for me, like freedom to not be anxious.
Speaker 1: Any any major challenges that you're like, oh, I did not see this coming.
Speaker 3: My own brain, Like I mean my own brain in the sense that the challenge has been time and the challenge has been deciding what to do first and learning to focus. And that's always been my that's been my cons that's the constant day to day. I don't know if that's like specific enough, but it's always Okay, I'm sitting down today and what am I going to accomplish and what needs to get done and where can my impact be the greatest? And I still I still I do have an admin, but I still find myself doing things myself. And we didn't even mention we have a new website. I just thought about that because right we have a new Brandivision dot com, podcast dot com. It's really cute. But surely our designer who's also we have a she has a young she has two young children, and she and I were just like commiserating about how we are both in this. We need to stop doing this surely, where we we tell someone we want something done and then if it's not done, you know, immediately, or enough time goes by, then you're like, I'm just doing myself, you know what I mean. It's not good. And I was like, surely we can't do that, and so that's that's something that I'm working on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, honestly, that's a long that's a life, lifelong entrepreneur battle. I certainly suffer from that because I'll be like, oh, I'm just and I'm like, but I'm learning also to what I what I do know that is when I trust that someone's going to get it done right, I'm less likely to do that. So sometimes it also is a reminder of like is this person actually in the right position. So that's like really helpful, you know, like I've really got a great admin. Now, shout out to you Rose last Michelle Gaga. Now I know and so but yeah, so but she's excellent. So I find myself less like going into doing things because I know Rose is going to manage it and handle it. And so no, that's that's always going to be.
Speaker 2: A challenge for me.
Speaker 1: We have just like it's just so we are going through like a unique kind of like transition where I'm really getting clear about the deliverability, like what does the budget needs to deliver and what does deliver Chair Academy deliver because before they were like Siamese twins and then like right now there's sister slash cousins, and so we're really pulling them apart to be like besties where they help each other. But there's two distinctly separate companies. So that that's you know, there's there's challenges as it relates to that, Like, so wait, what is Budget needs to do? So I've gotten really clear, which is helpful, Like I see Budgetiesta as really like, at least for now, it's core deliverable. It's a content company. It pushes out content, content via books, via the blog. I've got this other new content project we're working out that. Like, but when I look at all the things the budget needs to delivers content and then monetizes that content. And then when I look at Literature Academy, it's a little trickier because I'm like, what is it in the business up? But when I really look at its core, Literature Academy is like a customer a customer service company. It sounds weird, but if you ever read Zappos, is the he passed away last year or earlier this year, Tony Shay Rest of Peace. He was like that Zappos. Although Zappos was a His book is called Delivering Happiness. I encourage you to read it. An excellent book that but he talked about how Zappos sells shoes, but really their main job is to delight the customer, and that's what the Academy does. Like, we have amazing customer support even when people cancel, like we make them feel so good. Thirty percent of our people come back after canceling. That's how good our customer support is. But also too, where I'm redeveloping the Literature Academy is more so like an amazing library now where you can kind of like pick a course off the shelf. And what we're realizing is that in conjunction to the library, that really what people need is they actually need a syllabus to say, okay, here are so we're doing this twelve step The Literature Academy is core deliverable to delight the customers, this twelve step program where it's like are the twelve steps you need to live a richer life? And then the the library is still there, but it's more like what are those things called electives? You know, like you can still access the line, you know, because we've found that people are not as autonomous as they pretend to be.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, girl, I'm fine. They're like actually they're like tell me what to do.
Speaker 3: What you do analysis paralysis. Yeah, I'm an LRA. I'm a card carrying member of the l RA. Yeah, not that one. Tiffany's l RA. And and it's it is. It's like even when I go to Netflix, yep, you know it's too many options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We realized that we are lazy. We're a lazy human species.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Because I realized I was like, you know what, Tiffany, because I realized there are some people who like that. But I'm realizing that I were not. I was not adhering to the other type of learner. And so I'm excited because because of writing gek you with Money. This is our our block, our post our shortly push gig your Money dot com New York Time bestseller.
Speaker 2: Right, so gig You with Money showed me.
Speaker 1: These are the ten components, and then there's a pre component and a post component. The pre component is mindset. The post component to me is philanthropy and giving. So it's twelve steps. So it's really like the get gore with money financial holdness steps with these two steps, but really walking you through having one teacher teach each of the components like Obviously I'm teaching the budget and component, but someone else is teaching another component. So I'm excited about that because we're going to really lean into it. I call it the Peloton model, where it's like, you know, we make the teachers superstars, you know, like we use them in advertisements. And so I'm excited because that shit is happening. Yeah, you see what I mean. So, because the truth is with the academy, I don't want to be the face. You know, although I'm not the face inside the academy, I'm still the external face, and I'm like, I want to share that responsibility and the truth is what It's doublefold because I one get to take a step back, but also too, I get to push people forward. I get to say, here's this person, aren't they amazing? Because we've been seven figures annually on ads, So here are people in the financial space that normally would not have the exposure. I mean, we're not paying because we're we're paying the actual and we're paying well the actual instructors, but we also are now able to use our big budget to push you forward and say they're amazing. We're specifically looking for people who have their own businesses because we want you to, yes, teach this one class, but we really want people to dive deeper within with you outside of us. So it's an exciting time. But it's also a lot of like shifting and transitioning and the back end, you know, there's you know, there's the back end component of like the financial back end of like pulling companies apart. So like it it's really challenging.
Speaker 2: But I really believe that if we do this our five year.
Speaker 1: Trajectory, like we will finally be able to me we should be done with the full transition by the end of twenty twenty two, that twenty twenty three we should be able to rocket shift to the next level. Like my aim is to be able to help I think right now we currently have I don't know, maybe thirty thousand students in the academy, and my aim is in five years to have a consistent one hundred thousand students in the academy and to be fifty million dollars a year for the academy. And it's very doable with this shift. So it's exciting, and I'll keep you guys breast and updated.
Speaker 3: That sounds freaking when you said pelotonic clicked for me. Yeah, that sounds because a lot of people, including myself, you know, I choose classes based on who's teaching it, what's their style, Yeah, not what personal finance. That's why it's so great that we have all these different voices in the Personal Finance base because you can kind of choose the voice that that is that you're going to learn from. That sounds awesome. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm going to come in to you soon, Mandra.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me know if you need a class on quitting because I'm really really good with that.
Speaker 1: No, no, for real, because I want to have like we want to take like our twelve steps, but then we also want to have like these shorter courses that we pay instruct to teach, because you're right, I do want to class on quitting, like you know, how to quit and still make more so that way people can be like, oh my god, that was so great.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like I said, it's exciting. But it's just like.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one thing, running a business is not for the faint of heart because just when you think that you've like fixed something, there's another thing. And so it's not the actual doing that's sometimes really challenging.
Speaker 2: It's the feeling, you know. So I'm really like I'm reading right now there to Lead? Is it there to Lead? By Brene Brown.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, yes, because I am trying to manage the emotional component of leadership so that way it doesn't take a toll, because it can be really overwhelming when you're like, I didn't do that right, I should have said that better?
Speaker 2: Did I hurt that person's feelings?
Speaker 1: You know? Like that part because I'm a true impath, and so I'm trying to learn how do I navigate from a healthy space and to get give myself the grace to say, you are going to make mistakes, but what do you do to fix those mistakes and pivot in a way you know that is healthy for you but also healthy for the team. And so yeah, that's the part that I struggle with because I struggle with not having knee jerk reactions when I feel like I messed up to try to fix it quickly, to be like Tiffany space and grace.
Speaker 2: You know, you have your coaches. What should next steps be?
Speaker 1: Let's not overwhelm yourself or make yourself feel like you're this terrible person because maybe you made a mistakes.
Speaker 2: And so that's what I'm struggling with.
Speaker 3: Now are you still using the business coach zion? See you're still on the picture.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're to month now.
Speaker 3: Month to month? Yeah, I mean, how how important has that role been for you? Like his his counsel, like going having that relationship. Obviously it's been working out because you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, transformative. I tell people all the time that like it now. I never really believed in coaching before. I'm not gonna lie. I was like, sounds scammy, but the right coach isn't. Because reme doctor Green, who is amazing. And when I tell you lasting changed with doctor Green, I am able to apologize more quickly. Now because of doctor Green, I am able to have the more difficult conversations without the anxiety. Well it's still the anxiety, but it's an anxiety that is relative to the conversation being had. Like I would have one hundred percent anxiety for a ten percent interaction. So it was like not you know, so now it's reasonable. It's like, well, I'm a little nervous, but I'm not like crying and hysterical, and it's like girl, like you know, so that's been helpful. But then with Zion, he's really helped me to take a step back to see like what is my role as a leader. So like Zion has really taught me to stand in my power because I gave and I still do too much, but I gave a lot of my power away. And he was like, you know, your owner and CEO, you can make it this definitive choice here, And so I didn't really believe that before. He's like, I love that you have a democracy, butultimately, if you think this is the right way to go, you can own it and move forward. So with Zion, I've learned so much of that. But also too, a really good coach should not just be giving you like this great coaching advice. What else he's also good at is that he's got a huge network. So I can say to him, Hey, Zion, I need someone who's going to help us with SEL and he was like, oh, I know the guy who did SEO for dr our Unfath, you know, but you know, we know this is someone who I know has was successful and able to push that that person's platform forward.
Speaker 2: I mean, where would you get that?
Speaker 1: And so to me, a really good coach also is connected, and so there are a lot of people that I pull them Zion like we need this, we need this, and I might not have connections in that space, and he's pulled them into into my into my ecosystem.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's been great.
Speaker 1: So like, I think this is our last official month and we're just going to be kind of like going month to month and then for just a few months and then I think I would love to do like a quarterly kind of like check in, you know, as an end.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I think that's really good. I'm I've been thinking about a business coach too, just keeping my eyes and ears open. I have another front. Well you know Berna. You were just on Berna's new podcast. I love her, loves her business coach too, and I'm like, okay, even just having a sounding board, especially as a solo preneur, is just me and you know Molly sometimes to talk to you. That's my dog. So it's nice. And I have my therapist, right, and I have a really good friend who helps me and her her background is in pr and communication, so she's good to bounce ideas off from there or just I'm like I did this segment, how did I sound? And I don't have like a business coach, like a business counselor, And part of me is thinking, all right, time to assemble, you know, continue my avengers list and potentially add a business coach to the to the bad.
Speaker 1: If you see how good it's been for you, Yeah, honestly it condiding I can, though no, I would say Zion to me would not make sense for anyone who you should be making multiple six figures, seven figures a year to make for Zion to make sense quite honestly because of the expense, Because like Zion is about, him and his team are about thirty five thousand dollars a month, so it doesn't make sense if you're making a million dollars a year, that's like half your money, so you wouldn't be big.
Speaker 3: To me, it would make what I make in a month, that's all of my money for one month. That wouldn't make any sense, all right, So I am gonna think about that and I'll update you. All right. We'll keep asking me how it's going, because I feel like I'll just try to be honest every time. I like, have you seen the new the new series of Insecure? The new the last season yet.
Speaker 1: No, but I mean I watched one because I went with I hung up with Yvonne when she was in New York and she's like, come to this, like, you know, episode premiere.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, and I did, and was it the first episode? I think it was a second Oh okay, because in the first episode it's so funny because isa Asa d the character she's that they're at Stanford for their reunion and she's on a panel and she's it's like, you know, how did you know it was the right business choice for you to become an entrepreneur? And she's like, you know what, I don't know. Every day I wake up but I'm not sure I could wake up tomorrow and decided I wasted my time. And I was like, and of course you could. You could hear a pin drop because it was just an awkwards. It wasn't like the ooh, make everybody inspired kind of answer, but it was the real, real So that really hit me. And I'll just try and keep it real with you guys at all times because maybe some days I'm not feeling it. But so far, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also too, I think it'd be good. We don't have to do this now, but we should break down.
Speaker 1: I think I always like to know you don't have to say how much, but like, here are my revenue streams, because I don't think people know like, oh, I can make money with affiliate links.
Speaker 2: I can make money.
Speaker 1: So I think it would be great for us to have like just like a business chat where we're just like here the revenue streams, like cause there are so many things I didn't know, Like, wait, you could do that.
Speaker 2: That's really smart, you know?
Speaker 1: So you know?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that like having like a business show chat. Would y'all like that?
Speaker 1: Let us know, tweet us, hit us up on instant if you love, for us, me and Mandy to literally just have like one show where we just talk business and then we can even answer our business questions that week for the b a QA.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's time for brown boost of break. Now it's time for boost up break or booster break up? Boost up break?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna boost boot?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: You gonna break? Which one? Mandy? Are you gonna take? You're gonna boost a break?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna boost because I just got a text from a friend of mine. He loves like I do. Miss Lady Viola Davis, and he's like, look at this article. There's there's images of Viola Davis and I forgot she was playing Michelle Obama and then yes, yes, yes, and she looks just like her. I wasn't sure. I'm like, you know, they can't look exactly like her, but she looks just like her in this picture. And it's gonna be this a news show on Showtime called First Lady, And yeah, I don't think it's all about Michelle, which is unfortunate, but oh look there's Malia and Sasha all but anyway, so I'm gonna check that out for sure. Yeah, for those of us who get our who get our knowledge from watching too much TV, like I do. Tiffany's on her book life, but I watch a lot of TV these days. But I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I am.
Speaker 3: Going to.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna Boosty Breaky.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna Boosty Breaky for I get asked like a lot of times to like join like kind of like masterminds, and I don't know there's one that I'm like a part of now that I'm like, I cause what I one of the things I wanted to do was I find that I work like in this little hole of mine, and I just was like, it would be nice to connect with other people in business so I can know what I'm doing right or wrong. And it's hard to find a great kind of like group that's not wasting my time. So there are a couple that I'm in that I'm like, why am I here?
Speaker 2: I have so much work to do.
Speaker 1: We're just talking in circles, you know, and I'm just like and then I'm I'm in a couple where I'm like, Okay, this seems like this actually could be really helpful and useful. So like I like, you know, I want to kind of boosty breaky like masterminds because when they're really great, it does feel like like I have one that I think I'm going to join that It's it's like three days, it's going to be in Mexico in the New Year, to kind of start the New York right with with with like six other amazing women. So I'm hoping that this will be great because I really would love to connect and see, like, you know, what are some ways to expand. Plus I you know, I love some new friends too, like in business. But then you know, there are some that I'm like slowly but surely, Like you ever see the Homer meme where he's like slipping in.
Speaker 2: The hedge, Like.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I feel like that's what I'm doing because I'm like, after meeting number four, you're like, wait, are we still talking about you know, like what our name should be?
Speaker 2: What's going on of off time?
Speaker 1: So yeah, just being mindful, like you know, like I'm just trying to be mindful when it's when to spend my time because you know, I just have just just now more than ever, my plate is extra full. Like just so you guys, I think I can share this because I didn't sign an NDA not to I you know, you guys know already that I signed my contract with a production company. You know that I was really adamant that I had to get not just front end, which is talent feed, but also back end, back end. It's like, you know, should your show ever go into syndication? Should your show, I mean I'm talking about your shows on like you know, a network television, or should your show ever be Like for example, Tyra Banks had top Model and they had Top Model Ukraine, So if that ever happens and you get a piece of that as well, you know, but also too, there's merch. Like I was like, picture my face being on merch and tiff don't get a cut.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's not happening.
Speaker 1: So I held out because I've been courted, if you will, by a bunch of production companies. But most of them were like, no, girl, you ain't nobody. You can't get no back and I'm like, well, obviously I'm somebody because you're yare you know?
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I was like no, I want that, like I you know, I want that back end.
Speaker 1: So I found a production company that's great, reputable, and they were like yeah, so we got to a good number that you know, I think is good and now they've pitched. So they came to my house a couple of months ago. We created a real They pitched to like four different outlets and no, six outlets, and four of them are like, we're interested, let's have a chat with Tiffany.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can say the outlet.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna keep it low key because I don't you know, I won't get in trouble because and.
Speaker 3: Tell me it wasn't working out. But it sounds like, okay, you did find the production company that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I found a really good production company.
Speaker 1: I like them, you know, like they listen and you know, great personalities, like you know, signed the contract with them. Now they've pitched my real So I've been here before where I've signed with the production company when I first started and then we've created a reel and it's been pitched and everyone's like, I don't care, go back home, Tiffany.
Speaker 2: So this time, of the of the.
Speaker 1: Six people that they pitched so far, four are like, hmm, we like Tiffany. There was one that actually said no that I was shocked. I'm like, really, are you salty? Because they approached me separately. I said, oh you saying no? Okay, because you know, it's like because they were like, yeah, we pitched you. The executives there, they knew you, and they were like, I'm like, I know because they asked me to do a show for them, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: They were like, oh, she signed with you now either way.
Speaker 1: And then one I'll tell you one of them that said no because I feel like it wouldn't be a big deal. They pitched me to Magnolia you know, Chia, Yeah, so they declined.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know that I'd be a fit there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, like I have not watched Magnolia, but that was one of them, and then another one I don't want to say just in case, you know, like since now that I call them a hater.
Speaker 2: Verbally, I'm.
Speaker 3: You don't have to tell us it's okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the other four, like I said, we're moving forward.
Speaker 1: We've I've already had one chat, I have one tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. And so I'm just excited about, like, you know what that might be, like literally you might see, like it's very likely that I will have a show. It probably wouldn't air anytime until twenty twenty three, but can you imagine like me having like a show show, you know, Yeah, so we'll see like where you see like, yeah, I can see it, yes, no, but that's just it would just be really crazy. So I'm excited to see like what it all rolls out into being. Yeah, that's like the update about that, And I just I'm not I'm not gonna lie. I feel a little nervous about having a show, just because I feel a little overwhelmed in some places now, So I'm just like, well, how does that work? So I'm putting things in place in my businesses so I can take a step back. If you guys have not read the book Built to Sell, please do. I'm matter of fact, I canna get it right here an.
Speaker 3: Just put a Google I feel like you need to create a Google doc with the lights in the books because every episode you tell us like four different books to read and who has the time, but we need some links.
Speaker 2: No, but for real, Built to Sell by John Warrilo.
Speaker 1: It's and not to say Mandy, you should read it to anybody who's in business, especially if you're just starting. It's not just about are you building a business to sell? It's also about how should you what structure should you create in your business? So it doesn't lean so heavily on you personally. That's what I love about it. So it doesn't just teach you like, oh, you know your business is ready to sell? No, you quickly realize like, oh, reading this book lets me know, like now my business doesn't need me for everything. I'm not the ruder and the tutor you know for the business like that, like and so it's just a real like I tell all of my like you know, full grown ups.
Speaker 3: I've ever heard that before.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, like all my folk grown entrepreneurs, all my new be entrepreneurs. Everyone needs to rebuild to sell.
Speaker 1: It's just a really great but it's it's it's written like a story about a business. The guy goes to see his mentor. His mentor walks him through being prepared to sell, and at the end he has to decide, well, dang, the business doesn't need me as much. Is actually I have more time for my family, my kids, do I even want to sell it? So that's kind of like what happens at the end. But but yeah, so I'm setting myself up in that way because there's no way that I can be, you know, taping for three months and be and with the same schedule that I have now because it's just not going to be.
Speaker 2: So I have to put some things in place. But yeah, I know that was a long like boosy breaking.
Speaker 1: But I say all that to say I don't have time for all these random masterminds like even make it make it make sense or don't?
Speaker 3: It sounds like you don't need to mastermind. It sounds like you just you know, I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's one thing.
Speaker 3: It's yes, I not to cut you off, but it's like, I see, I get it, like you want more friends, and you want more voices and more friends and like to connect with people at a different level. But at the same time sometimes well you've clearly done this, but it's like sometimes knowing when to just trust your gut and that you know enough and like, you know, just kind of do things on your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, because I guess I'm because since I'm like I feel like I just be living in such a hole.
Speaker 2: I'm like I'll be looking up like that, like the ground, like, you know, what is it? Is it the groundhog? I see it's a shadow? Is that the groundhog?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: What is the thing that sees a shadow? Is it a groundhogle? Dog?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just feel like that, like I lived up and I'm like, what's going on outside?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So it's nice to have like a you know, not even that I'm wanting people to tell me what to do, but just nice to get a gauge of like what's happening in the business world, and sometimes not even feeling so alone when you're just like, am I bugging or should this be happening when it comes to the content team, or am I bugging?
Speaker 2: Or should my accountant should have told me that?
Speaker 1: You know? Like so sometimes it's just nice too, also too, it's just nice to commiserate, like uh, like I didn't sleep till you know, in night last night, or you know, like you know, I don't think social media as important as it as people make it out to be or whatever that is. So I guess that's what I'm looking for more so camaraderie, not like that people are gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell me like, you know, what they did.
Speaker 1: It's just more so normalizing this process of entrepreneurship because it can be really lonely. So I'm just like, you know, Plus I like pouring into people. When I learned the thing, I'm like, well, I don't want to keep it to myself, you know, it'd be nice to be like and then Mandy, I did this, do this, call this person?
Speaker 2: Go there?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I hear you. I'm excited for you in Mexico, though I wish I could.
Speaker 2: Go to you know, I'm like, I don't want to see, Well, look at that budget. It's not cheap.
Speaker 3: I think you'll be fine, all right, Well again a collective boost for Brown Ambition Podcast, the new neew Brown Ambition Podcast dot com. Go check it out. You can listen to full episodes there. You can send us questions through the website. It's beautiful. Thank you so much to Early. To Shirley T Designs, who is I mean, a wonderful designer and badass and she's so busy. She is booked and busy y'all but opposed to link to her website. She and what I love about her. She works specifically with podcasters women of color, but especially black and brown podcasters. She's done jokto Dineto's website. She did journey to Laundra's website. She is out here, so definitely send her some love and thank you Nearly for an awesome post. I was like, oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: We looked so cute.
Speaker 3: I was like, look at us.
Speaker 2: It's called poppy. I was like, I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Are I love it?
Speaker 3: Yes? All right? Until Friday. Check out B a Q and A