Speaker 1: Well and welcome to another episode of the Mark Mass Show. We're always talking about the decentralized revolution. We're talking about the way the world changes as we look at through the lens of politics, finance, and technology. And of course it's always technology that changes the world. And you know that technology is bitcoin that's changing the world as we know it. You know, I like to bring to you some education, some breaking news, but also some interesting guests. You don't have to listen to me all the time. And that's what I have today. I am sitting down with Nico. He's the host of Simply Bitcoin. He thinks I'm a good content creator. I love his content, super creative, super insightful, and you know, it's just different. And so anyway, Nico, thanks for joining me and coming back to the channel again.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the Mark always an honor.
Speaker 1: I you know, I love talking to different people. I love different insights. You know, it's crazy so many people suffer from like a confirmation bias where they just want to hear what they think. But I like different perspectives. And you're younger, and you know you came from Argentina, was it Argentina?
Speaker 2: My aparents are originally from Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Venezuela, Venezuela. Sorry, yeah, and but I mean it just gives you having parents like that, it gives you a different upbringing and a different viewpoint. So I love it, and I love what you're doing. I want to just jump right into it. You know. I saw you posting on Twitter today about the EU Central Bank and what they had to say about bitcoin, which is pretty interesting. They said it's it's a failure. They said bitcoin is a failure. Did you see that? I did?
Speaker 2: I did you know? I coined this term a couple months ago. I started seeing a pattern, and essentially it's the iron law of central banker politician projection. They project onto us what it is they are guilty of themselves. If you take a look at the report, you know, they they they said that the you know, the emperors losing. You know, the emperor has no clothes, they said, you know, they use the word evil even and then if you take a look at the references that they used, they used a ten year old paper as one of the references, right, So what that tells me is that they're desperate, they don't know what to do, and they're used to operating in environment. We just recently had this conversation mark where they had a total monopoly on the information flows and now on Twitter, anybody can just reply to them, right, you know, you're on equal footing. And they got they got community noted, and the community note was brutal. They got ratioed. I don't know who thought that was a good idea, but that tells me we're winning. That tells me we're over the target, and that tells me they're scared.
Speaker 1: That's a little bit of a sidetrack note, but it's so important. Back to Yeah, we did have this conversation yesterday on your show and sort of how technology has gotten ahead of the government. But really I noticed it. You know, we're both on YouTube. I noticed it. At the last presidential election, they took away the down the down thumb off of YouTube and that was because Biden's videos were getting so many any doubt, like like one like in a million downs or something crazy like that, and they literally took it off. And so to the point that you just made like for the ability for now the public to weigh in on these things, I mean, it's it's pretty insane, and I think it's pretty apparent back to follow our conversation yesterday, like they can't have this, Like they can't allow that.
Speaker 2: No, they can't. And just to go back to, you know, the point that you made about Biden the last election. You know, supposedly this was the most popular elected you know, person that was ever elected, and how could it be that, you know, his like dislike ratio was the way it was right that it doesn't fit the narrative, It doesn't quite fit what it is that they're trying to tell us. And a couple of years ago, maybe it was like about a year ago or so, they tried to release the quote unquote Ministry of Truth here in the US, out of all places, completely against the First Amendment. So it kind of goes into you know what we were talking about yesterday, the theory of the sovereign individual, about how information technologies was going to disintermediate information, democratize content creation, and you know, it's creating this absolute nightmare for governments. They just don't know what to do. And not only the cognitive dissonance, but also like this short circuit because you see their totalitarian impulses trying to get in there and say, you know, we gotta get this taken down. I mean, look at the election, they got a president taken off of Twitter, right, so you're seeing the old system clash with the new system. But I think once we get over this hill, I am extremely optimistic about the future. It is gonna be a little bit bumpy for sure in the next five ten years, but after we get over that hill, I'm very optimistic.
Speaker 1: In this. They said that I didn't read the report. I haven't had time to. Maybe you have, but it says on their tweet that bitcoin has failed to become a global decentralized digital currency, instead falling victim to fraud and manipulation. So that's what they put in their in their tweet. So if we break that down and maybe they gave more context inside, but has failed, okay failed what to become a globally centralized digital currency? So one money is an evolutionary process, so it takes time. So we have a brand new as I tweeted out, a new revolutionary technological invention, and it's failed. Like what definition does that? So has it failed? I mean it is being used. Is it a decentralized digital currency? It is? Is there like a certain level, Like did they give any sort of reference to how has it failed.
Speaker 2: No, they just make a claim, and that's the beauty of the community, not the community. Note literally went line by line with all their different claims. It went number one, bitcoin is not preferable for criminals. Number two, Bitcoin is an open monetary protocol, and the centralized store of value. Number three, which answers your question, The Euro is losing its purchasing power against bitcoin constantly, and if you actually take a look at the data, if you take a look at if you take a look at percentage terms, the Euro has lost ninety two point seventy four percent of its value against bitcoin for the last five years. And it goes back to my original point of the iron law of central banker and politician projection. They project onto bitcoin what it is, they are guilty of themselves. The Euro is failing to bitcoin in real time. Now, you'd have to ask yourself. It is kind of a coincidence that they came out with this with this report, because today the ECB reported record losses for twenty twenty three, So it's kind of a coincidence that that tweet comes out about bitcoin and then this news comes out on the same day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and when you say it's failed, the euro failing to the bitcoin, you're saying the purchasing power of the currency has failed. And so at least we have some sort of like a parameter to what like failed means. I don't know what metric they're talking about, like has it failed to be more widely used than the Euro? But of course like regulations prevent that. But I want to lead us into a conversation and we'll see how I think you're going to be comfortable with. Michael Sailor would not be comfortable with the conversation. I tweeted it out yesterday. I put a video clip of Andrew Sorkin talking about to fund strat saying that you know, bitcoin is only being used for illicit purposes and he said, well, pirates use gold first, and then you know whatever, and I posted this, so I want to talk about that. So you said that they're saying they're throwing shade fud that bitcoin is only used for illicit purposes, illegal purposes, and you said it's not. And the fact checking is that most of that's happening in dollars. The kind of illicit transaction happening to bitcoin is like not even like a drop in the bucket compared to what's being done in dollars. So we have that, right, But let's let's dive down into this conversation a little bit, right, So you put on Twitter that anyone can create a bitcoin wallet, not everyone can open a bank account?
Speaker 2: Yes, what is that? So? I mean like the And there's another there's another tweet that I came out with not too long long, too long ago, and it's kind of very similar, right, which is this idea that this idea that that bitcoin doesn't judge based on where you happen to be born in, right, and their system does right? And another tweet that I came out with, which was I sent a wire it's obvious that bitcoin wins. And one of the attacking vehicles that anti bitcoin politicians like Elizabeth Warren are using to attack something like bitcoin, is this idea that bitcoin.
Speaker 1: Wait huh wait wait, I'm gonna stop you there because I need a cliffhanger because you're listening to the Mark Mass Show. I'm sitting down with Nico from Simply a Bitcoin and we got to take a very quick break. But if you want to find out what this attack vector is, that Elizabeth Warren is coming back with. Make sure you stick around. We're gonna take a super quick break. You don't want to miss this rest of this conversation. We're gonna lead Nico down into a path you don't hear about talked about in bitcoin. We're gonna talk about it here in a second. Don't go away, We're gonna be right back. All right, welcome back. If you just tune in, you're listening to the Mark Mass Show, I'm sitting down with Nico from Simply Bitcoin. Nico. Before the break, you were going to say, what is Elizabeth Warren using as her tool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, Elizabeth Warren, she used a Wall Street Journal article that took advantage of the tragedy happening in Palestine and Israel, and it made the claim that that bitcoin was being used for illsted finance, it was being used for terrorist financing. It came out after the fact, about a week or two later, that that article completely misrepresented the data. But that didn't stop the finsend to introduce a very very hostile type of regulation that would essentially make it so that any type of lightning network transaction, any type of address reused, would have to be, it would have to be surveiled, it would have to be reported to the US government, not to mention, she got four additional Senators that signed up to a bill that would essentially not my words, this is Pierre Rishard's words, that would essentially kill bitcoin mining in the United States. And now we have twenty percent of the US Senate Republicans and Democrats. She's got two Republicans to sign up for this bill that would essentially kill bitcoin mining in the US. It would kill bitcoin self custody in the US. So the point that I'm trying to make is that they're taking advantage of TRACK, they're misrepresenting the data in in order to achieve a certain political goal in the United States, which is to outlaw self custody altogether and also go after bitcoin minors. Right, They've been solely focused on doing that the last six months. I've been covering it almost every other day, And you know, it blows my mind to what length these people will go to in order to stop use from using a money that doesn't steal from you, which is absolutely absurd. But at the same time, it's exposing them for who they are, Like, how does it hurt anybody for me, as an American citizen, as a first generation American, to hold to memorize twelve words, write down twelve words, to use the money that is outside the grasp of the hands of government. How does that hurt anybody? Right? So, I think they're desperate. I think they're scared. I think they see the writing on the wall that bitcoin is help.
Speaker 1: How it hurts people. How it hurts people is that I mean, you could give money to a t terrorists. I mean, you could be funding terrorism.
Speaker 2: But that's what they say. But if you actually took it, if you actually took take a look at the data and what that was posted by Senator Cynthia Lumus, the Bitcoin senator coming out of Wyoming, ninety nine point three percent of illicit finance is actually done using the traditional financial system, and Representative Tom Emmer actually interviewed or had the head of FINSEND testify in congressional testimony that actually terrorists prefer using the traditional financial system versus bitcoin. But that didn't stop Elizabeth Warren to try to use her media allies in order to achieve a certain political end goal, which again, just like the central Bank, just like the European Central Bank tweet. It tells me that we're over the target and that we're winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There was a report that came out, I don't know two years ago called the Finns and Files, and it basically exposed all this I think two trillion dollars that were used for illicit transactions knowingly knowingly, So in these fence and files, it exposed all these banks HSBC, like International Banks, big banks, JP Morgan and showed how they were literally like laundering money for drug cartels and like they did all this and then they pay small fines that are small percentages of the total amount of money that they made. So it's like a slap on the wrist. And and these globally regulated licensed facilities from the Federal Reserve of the Central Banks were knowingly allowing this to happen. So it's like with bitcoin, at least there's like, hey, it's anonymous and if people use it, they use it. I can't control what they use it for, whereas here these banks were actively facilitating it, which is a big difference. And so when you think about that in those terms, Niko, like you talk about per tom Emmer saying whatever it was ninety eight percent or being used dollars in a controlled and permission system, right, I mean, so it's like a magnitude of orders and worse in my opinion. But the point that I want to get to that I want to I want to talk about for a minute, is bitcoin really for criminals? And that's why I said, this is not a conversation here talked about and I know Michael said I would never want to talk about it, but like, is it money for criminals? But like, what is a criminal?
Speaker 2: It it?
Speaker 1: That's the key piece. What what is a criminal?
Speaker 2: Bitcoin is the money of enemies?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Bitcoin is the money of enemies. We have to be okay with anybody using it. I find it very difficult to be lectured by government bureaucrats that are sending billions of dollars to fund a foreign war, of which that money is not accounted for. There was a report that came out of the Pentagon that they had a it was like it was like a five hundred billion dollar accounting error. And then at the same time, you know, they're expecting us to report any transaction over six hundred dollars, right, So it's rules for thee.
Speaker 1: But the Pentagon lost. The Pentagon lost the day before nine to eleven. The day before Donald Remsfeld, who ran the Pentagon at the time, went on National TV and said they lost.
Speaker 2: Two Trillionah, that's what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 1: The day before the towers got hit. And then like a year ago they reported they lost another two trillion. So yeah, it's yeah, we sent a hundred billion into Ukraine with no accounting, which we now we do know that a lot of those weapons have ended up in Mexican cartels and things like that. But yet, yeah, to your point, they want to audit our six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: It's rules for thee and not for me. Like it's as simple as that. And I think that, you know, something something like bitcoin comes along and it's a clear and present danger for them for the racket that has been happening, and I think that they're going to try to use everything in anything to try to stop this thing, try to stop the adoption of bitcoin. I don't think they're going to be successful. I think the incentives are too great and it's going to be a very very uphill battle, especially as more time goes by and more and more people adopt this technology with the black rock etf being rolled out. I mean, I saw it the other day. You had the anchor of squawk Box, Joe Like I can't I forget his last name, Joe Scarborough. I think that's his name, but essentially he was killing Gary Gensler on air, Like Gary Gensler was trying to tell him, like, you know, this bitcoin thing, it's not the real deal, you know, you gotta be careful, and he's like, what are you talking about? You know, like people are adopting this because people don't believe in the Central Bank. And Gary Gensler had no response to him, and you know how, I know he could be potentially compromised because this is someone who taught classes at Harvard or Stanford, I forget what the institution was, like MIT about bitcoins, so I know he knows, but obviously he's trying to protect his job, you know. So anyways, all this stuff going on.
Speaker 1: I went I went back and I went back and watched on YouTube. You can watch just search Gary gins or MIT on YouTube. You can watch his presentations and he breaks it all down bitcoins specific perfectly, Like I mean, he's a bitcointer, right, Like he breaks down the distributed ledger, he breaks down the the you know, the way to toast you solved the problem. He talks about the need because of what central bankers are doing. I mean, he breaks the whole thing down, so like it's a it's a blatant lie. I was gonna try to grab the video and edit it up and post it, but I didn't get around to it. But I mean, it's a blatant lie because to your point, he knows better and to your point, yeah, Joe on squawk Box, he's he's been nailing in so sort of back to this criminal element, he says, But look, you can't blame the tool, right, So like bad guys whatever you want to call him, terrorists, They drive cars, they go on social media, they eat food, they drink water, Like we can't just ban everything that they do, right, Like well if we if we ban water, they they'll die because they can't drink water. Right. It's like it's a it's a little bit broad. But I want to come back and dig into this a little bit more. But I gotta take a very quick break. If you're just tune in, you're listening to the Mark Maas Show send down with Nico from Simply Bitcoin, running through what is going on in the bitcoin role. We're back with more in a minute. Don't go away, all right, welcome back. If you're just tuning in you're listening to the Mark Mass Show and send down with Nico from Simply Bitcoin and Nico. I want to get back to the question though. So the question I asked in light of this Elizabeth Warren and all this information, is what is even a criminal? And so I'm gonna lay this out a little bit, right, So you mentioned earlier we started with one of your tweets that that anyone can create a bitcoin wallet, not everyone can open a bank account. So let's just start with that. So we know there's approximately a billion and a half or so adults in the world that can't open a bank account because they don't have permission. So if they did, that would be illegal. They would be a criminal. Yeah, right, So what's a criminal? I mean if we keep going and I want to I want to pull this. There's this quote I want to pull out, and it's under communist Russia, under the sort of in the forties and fifties, sort of at the height of the Goulag and all of that under the height of the Stalin era, we'll call it that Bria, which is one of Stalin's like main lieutenants. He had a quote that's been used a lot, and it said Bria targeted the man first, then proceeded to find or fabricate a crime. Bria's modus operande was to presume the man guilty and fill in the blanks later. So you've probably heard that, show me the man, I'll show you the crime, right And so when you think about this, show me the man, I'll show you the crime, sort of like what's happened to Donald Trump. You know, if they were just hey, he did this thing, and no one's above a wall that's prosecuted for him. But when you're getting prosecuted on from fifty different directions, I mean, it's like pretty obviously at this point. But let's just talk about this for a second. And actually, I love one of my favorite authors, F. A. Hyek. He wrote The Road to Serve Them, which everyone should read if you haven't read it, and I believe it's chapter six. He talks about the law and the law should be written down concrete and it should be simple enough that everyone can understand it, and it should be fixed so that I can plan my life based on those set of rules, and you could plan your life sort of like if we play basketball. The rules of basketball are fixed, but I'm going to approach the game different than Lebron James would, right, and so the law should be like that. But let me break this down. So I have seen reports in the past and it shows like the amount of laws that have grown over time. And so I went to go to try to find this information for this show, and you can't find it. It's so bad. So I saw there's been thirty thousand statutes. So in law, we have laws, we have regulations, we have rules, we have statutes, ordinances. All of these are basically laws, thirty thousand statutes and so no matter what, you're breaking the law, whether you know it. And I asked chat GPT how many laws, statutes, and regulations are in the United States today. Chat GBT said that to quantify that is impossible. It said, there's different levels of government law statute, regulations, their federal their state, their local governments. Each state has its own body of laws. Municipalities within those states have additional ordinances and regulations. It said, there's continuous changes. It said. The dynamic nature of laws means that the total number can fluctuate daily. It said that federal agencies issued thousands of regulations based on statutory authority. And I kept digging, I kept digging. I kept digging, and said, well, you should ask something more specific. So I asked more specific, and it's literally impossible for it to even tell me that. And I found this in nineteen eighty. In nineteen eighty, the Department of just nineteen to two Justice Department tried to determine the total number of criminal laws in a project that lasted two years. Two years they tried to figure this out and they couldn't figure it out. That was in nineteen eighty. It was scattered among fifty titles, twenty three thousand pages, just federal law. So anyway, what's a criminal? We're all criminal, like, so bitcoins for criminals. And even if you're not a criminal today, you're probably going to be a criminal tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, and I love that explanation and just kind of going through it, especially the Maria and stuff. And you know, I think he was a he was assassinated in the coup and yeah, I mean it was execute you better said. But you know, it kind of goes back to I don't have it. I mean, I do have an issue with it. The problem is that they're not following their own rules and their own laws that they expect everyone else to follow, right if you're gonna lecture me, And I never forget this. I was hosting the I think it was hosting a Twitter spaces at the time, covering the DOJ press conference for Binance, and I was my jaw dropped during the press conference because they had all the heavy hitters, they had Janet Yellen, they had Merrick Garland, and they mentioned the word terrorism twenty times during that press conference about Binance. And I get what Binance did, and you know, the security stuff, and I get it. You can make an argument that that wasn't kosher. I understand, But why did they mention the word terrorism twenty times? Well, it was because you know, they're trying to pass the narrative. But here's the thing. They're trying to send another additional sixty billion dollars to Ukraine. You you could be very confident that a percentage of that is being wandered. So who are you to lecture me? About what money laundering is. Who are you to lecture me about what terrorism is is? Well, you are literally funding a war overseas. The US government has been funding a war overseas for the last you know what four decades continuously. So I don't, I don't. I've gotten to this point where I'm like, listen, I just I don't. If you lived up to your own laws, maybe I believe you, and I'll and I'll drop this last nugget. There was a US senator I believe his name is Senator Mendez, and he was accusing Nambukla of corruption, said nambukeles, corruption is corrupt. He opened, you know, a senate or a representative investigation into the guy and it was discovered two to three months later that they found literal gold bars in this guy's trump Yeah. Boris Johnson, apparently Tucker Carlson was trying to get an interview with Boris Johnson and one of his staffers, Boris Johnson says like, yeah, I'll do the interview if you pay me a million dollars worth of dollars gold bar or bitcoin. This is the same Boris Johnson that was the Prime Minister of the UK that's been hostile towards bitcoin. So it goes back to pay attention to what they do, not what they say. And also it's clearly a rule. It clearly there's rules for them, and there's rules for the rest of us, right, and it's you know, it's it's it's bs. So yeah, I agree with your original statement. There's so many laws. Everyone's a criminal, but the people that are supposed to that are in charge of enforcing these laws aren't aren't following the laws themselves, and they're expecting the rest of us, who are supposedly the people in charge because it's our government, to follow those laws.
Speaker 1: The problem that I put in this tweet when I kind of threw this out there again this is an uncomfortable thing for people in the bitcoin community, but it's like, yeah, it is money for criminals, and unfortunately, when bitcoin's outlawed, only outlaws will have bitcoin kind of thing. But specifically I was I related it back to the problem with laws. I mean, look, there's certainly things that we can all agree are heinous and shouldn't be allowed, But this goes back to sort of like making the law pretty simple and laid out so we can all understand it. But the problem is is who interprets the law. So for example, back to like now, all of a sudden across the world we have all these like hate speech laws coming out can has put in force. Ireland's gotten pretty strict with them, right, But who's to say what's hateful? Like, wh who's to say what hateful is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So the right to free speech means, look, I have the freedom to say what I want. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. But when you say, you can go Now in Ireland, right you can go to jail for hate speech. But what is hate and what what what? What hate speech is divined as today will change over time, That's the that's the problem. And I think about this is who controls the ledger? Okay, right, so we talk about bitcoin, who controls the money ledger? But we have to trust whoever's controlling the le But we now we have to trust who's controlling who's we have to trust who's determining what is hate speech and what's not. We have to turn we have to trust the person who says what is illegal and what's not. And so it continues to force us in these things and so just back to like a freedom of speech absolutist like, I may hate what you have to say, but I'll defend your right to say it. I may hate what you do, but I'm not going to take away your right to use money anyway. If you're just tune in earthing to the Mark mass Show, I'm sending down with Nico from Simply Bitcoin. We're talking about bitcoin being money for enemies and if there's some validity to do that. We back with more in a minute. You gotta take a very quick break. Don't go away. I'll be right back, all right, welcome back. If you just tune in your thing to the Mark Moss Show, send down with Nico from Simply Bitcoin. So, Nico, I kind of threw that out at the last minute, sort of who controls the ledger meaning not just the ledger of money, but the ledger of what's hate speech is or the lever of all those what's your what's your response?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a great point because they're one and the same. Right, you know, Sotoshi Nakamoto fully understood and the founding fathers of the US understood this as well, right, which is Satoshi knew that if anyone could control the ledger, They're gonna be completely biased on what is an appropriate transaction and what is not an appropriate transaction. And the founding fathers knew this, and it's literally enshrined in the First Amendment of the Constitution. Congress should make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech. They fundamentally knew that if there was a human being that was determining what is hate speech and what is not hate speech, that's the same as government determining what speech is allowed and what speech is not allowed. It's not a perfect solution, but they came to this. They came to the realization is, let's let the free market of ideas determine what is a good idea and what is not a good idea. I think that if you, I think that, if you're trying to shut down someone's speech, I think you already lost in the discussion with them. You don't have any more arguments. So therefore the next best thing for you to do is just to completely, you know, take away their ability to say anything to you.
Speaker 1: If you can't win, and the if you can't win in the open market, then you have to censor correct.
Speaker 2: So but this is what's so beautiful about bitcoin. This is so what's so beautiful about freedom tools like noster is that it's eventually going to be a forcing function on governments because if they're if they can't stop you from using bitcoin, if they can't stop you from communicating freely. I really do believe in the in the theory from the sovereign individual that over time, because of those things, it will make politics irrelevant. If they if they can't make this thing go away, then central bank money is to have to compete with bitcoin. And we all know who's gonna win. The approved narrative is going to have to compete with the free narrative, right that's based on truth. We all know who's gonna win that in the free market of ideas. So yeah, I mean they, but that's not going to stop them from trying. We were talking about it yesterday, Mark, and it was a great conversation. We were talking about the separation of church and state and how the printing press basically fundamentally changed everything. I think we're at this crossroads in human history, the rise of information technologies, the disintermediation of money and information. It's kind of crossover. Information started first, money followed. But I think it's it's really kind of shifting how humans organize each other. And more importantly, it's calling into question what the relationship between the individual and the state is.
Speaker 1: What about you know, I also think about like we have laws in place against killing people, blowing people up, stealing things, like, we have laws in place for that. But when they start trying to control your flow of money, that's like a pre crime. Well, you can't have freedom of your money because if you do, you might do something that's already illegal. But we already have laws against that illegal thing of course, right, And so it sort of goes back into sort of back to this statement if we go all the way back to this Stalin statement, right where only in the United States are we innocent until proven guilty, Whereas back in the Stalin era, everybody was guilty, right, we had to find the crime for them. And so it's like it really has changed in the entire system to where it's like this pre crime era where it's like, hey, we have to stop you from doing anything that could even potentially ever maybe one day ever could lead you into do something illegal, and it's just like a man, the craziness of that. So, yeah, we'll see where it goes. I think at some point, I mean, as we talked about yesterday on your show, all this technology I believe shows that the state is no longer relevant or competent. And so when they say to you the point you made earlier, Elizabeth Warren says, you can't custody your bitcoin, and you're like, I can't know twelve words in my head, like how does that even make sense? Like that's like the stupidest thing I've ever heard, Like that's like no, like that doesn't work right, And I think it it's only just making them look more irrelevant. And yeah, I think they're trying to fight against the tide that probably will eventually. It's like, what is that saying a standing army is no match for a good idea whose time has come or something like that.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yeah, I mean, look the the I tweeted that, I tweeted this out. I think it was a couple of months ago, But the nation state is dead. Everyone's still just playing pretent and I fundamentally believe that. And the faster that you really lies or the audience, who's realizing, who's listening? The faster you realize that, you know, you have autonomy, you have freedom, tools the likes of which has never been seen before in human history to enable or to take back your individual sovereignty from an information standpoint and from a monetary standpoint. But it's up to you to take agency, to take action in order to enable that sovereignty, in order to achieve that sovereigny, order to take back that sovereignty. So the question is are you willing to do that? Are you willing to take a bit of personal responsibility? Learn how to take bitcoin into self custody, Learn how to do your own research, Learn how to not trust on a single source, Learn to question things even if it comes from a quote unquote very approved source that I think over the last five years has shown that, you know, the so called approved sources aren't a you know, one hundred percent accurate to say the least. So, yeah, but it's it's very exciting times to be a human. It's very exciting times to be a bitcoiner. And you know, I'm about to be a father, and I am going to do whatever it takes in order for my my my future daughter to live a life of freedom and not a life of slavery, because I think the life that central bankers and politicians have envisioned for us is a life of slavery with these central bank digital currencies, and not to mention all the other crazy stuff that's coming out of the World Economic Forum, they're telling us exactly the life that they have envisioned for us. And you know, to use one of their own propaganda pieces, right, they say, you know you'll own nothing and be happy. Well, I refuse that. All own bitcoin and be happy, and you can take that or the shut where the sun doesn't shine.
Speaker 1: I love it, you know, and and you know you asked me estday sort of like that encouragement, and I think that's a big piece of it. And so it's like, well, if they want, if they want that for us, we want the opposite. So we want to encourage people to be owners, like let's stand up, let's be owners, let's like reclaim what is ours, and so like, unfortunately you know that we have these cliches. I was listening to Jordan Peterson was on tom By Lou's impact theory. Just a couple of days ago or whatever. I was listening to part of it. Man tom By Lou has gotten so smart. Shout out to him the ability for him to go deep with Jordan Peterson. But they were talking about they were kind of going deep into this and and he was saying, how cliches are dead, like you say things that you you repeat things, but you haven't thought through them. So it's not a living thought that's malleable. You just say these dead things. But here, well I'll say it a cliche, which is all it takes for evil to prosperous, good men to do nothing. And so what happens is as we've abdegated our personal responsibility and our own desires and goals and dreams for the future of the world, then evil steps in to fill that void in that vacuum. Right, America was great because we led We led the world through excellence, not by beating people over the head with sanctions, but by building the world of excellence. Men built industry, right, And so what happens is as we've pulled back, then evil will step in and fill that role any you know, every day of the week. And so in order to reverse that tight we have to go back to becoming the builders. We have to envision the world that we dream of, and then we have to actively engage in building that, and we have to be owners. And to your point, unfortunately, when you've been a slave for multiple generations, it's really hard to think of being a free man again. You know, we've seen this time and time again in the Bible when Moses led everybody out of Egypt in Exodus. In the Exodus story, they said, Oh, it's too hard out here, let us just go back to be slaves, that's what they said. But it's time to stand up and reclaim that. If you're just tuning in, you listening to the Mark More show up and sitting down with Nico from Simply Bitcoin talking about bitcoin. We'll link to nico stuff in the show notes down below. We're running out of time, so I gotta shut this down. But that's what we got. Thanks so much for listening.