Speaker 1: Oh, where did the month go? September was here with lots of birthdays, lots of big birthdays in my family, and then wish the month was gone. I did find myself saying that often I'm in a perpetual state of surprise with every passing month, every passing season, every passing year. Now when they say it all goes by so fast, they aren't kidding. You know what happened in a nanosecond. My babies grew up. My first born son, Isaiah, turned forty forty forty this month, and my second born, Sheila, will have her thirtieth birthday before the month is over. Remember being in awe when they were five and fifteen, but nothing prepared me for this. I am, however, happy and grateful that they are happy and well and living their best lives or raising their own children, beautiful children. I'm even hearing more than a few heavy size from them that time is moving too swiftly and their babies are growing up too fast. But you know what the best balm is to everything, humor. If you can laugh, If you can have a good laugh once or twice a day, ah, it makes all the other things survivable. Today's podcast guest offers dose upon healing, dose of humor. Angela Johnson Rays is one of the most successful stand up comedians today, with six comedy specials streaming on various platforms and selling out theaters around the world. Her most recent special, Say I Won't, debut on YouTube in twenty twenty three with over four point two million views in counting. She might be best known for her nail salon sketch that was memorized line by line by all my daughters and nieces and maybe one or two myself, and has been quoted at family gatherings. Angela, who was born and raised in San Jose, California, is of Mexican and Native American descent. Her life and her family feature prominently in her comedy sketches. She published her first memoir titled Who Do I Think I Am in twenty twenty two. She's guest starred on shows such as Life and Beth, Superstore, The Shield, Ugly Betty, and Curbear Enthusiasm. Her film roles in clin Lude Enough Said, Our Family Wedding, and My Favorite Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeak Quell. Angela also joined Eddie Murphy and Tracy Ellis Ross in the Amazon Prime feature Candy Cane Lane. In February, she returned for the second season of the Hulu original series Life and Beth and hosted the to be original series My Crazy Quins, which dropped in me. Most recently, she launched a podcast about mental health called Fungela that focuses on gratitude because, in Angela's words, when you remind yourself of what you're grateful for and say it out loud, you're not only speaking good into the world, but good into yourself. Can't wait to get into our conversation with Angela and share some laughs with this very funny lady. First, let me share a few words about one of today's podcast sponsors, and then we will dive in. Have you been looking for a milk replacement because you have dairy allergies or sensitivities. Well, I found one that's absolutely amazing. It's Sherry's hazel Cream, made from Oregon hazelnuts. This plant based milk stands out from the competitors because it's designed for cooking and baking. It all started because Sherry, who could no longer tolerate dairy products, wanted to make gravy, but not gravy that tasted like coconut or oatmeal. So by enlisting the help of her engineer husband and a friend that's a food scientist, and through much trial and error, Sherry's Hazel Cream was born because of a special roasting process. It's very neutral and taste and works with a large variety of recipes. It comes sealed in shelf stable, easy to use, pre measured portion pods that you place into your blender, add varying amounts of water to make milk cream or even condensed milk for pies and other mouth watering desserts. It's delicious and mashed potatoes and cakes, and creamy soups and even casserole dishes. Visit Sherrieshazelcream dot com to learn more about this product, to read Sherry's story, and to place your order. It's at Sherry'shazelcream dot com. C h e Ris hazel Cream dot com. Use code Love twenty four for ten percent off your order that Sherries Hazel Cream and Love twenty four with me on today's edition of Love. Someone is Angela Johnson rays You're so pretty.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I put makeup on for you.
Speaker 1: I put makeup on for you. I put my lips on.
Speaker 2: Look at that like it's a good Yeah. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I growing up, like teenage twenties, I would rarely wear lipstick because my lips were like already vibrant, like I didn't need it. And I remember my thea Mary, who lived to be one hundred and two years old. She wore lipstick till the day she died. She loved putting on her lipstick. And I would be I'd be like, why is she still putting lipstick on? I don't care. And then now that I'm aging a little bit more, I notice, I'm like, oh, I need to put.
Speaker 2: Some lipstick on. Like now I care about putting lipstick on.
Speaker 1: I don't. If I'm going to go out, I have to have my lipstick on. And I have a granddaughter who lives on my property. She's five. She's so cute and every day but she's just starting kindergarten. Before kindergarten start, she comes her. They have an apartment that's on my property, and she runs over to the farmhouse where I am says Gramma, NA, I need my lipsticks, and it's flural. I need my lipsticks.
Speaker 3: Special that she gets to run to Grandma's house before school and get her lipsticks.
Speaker 2: Also, your properties sounds amazing. Can I move in?
Speaker 1: You can? There's plenty of room there is there's fifty five acres and so you're you are more than welcome and your husband. I have a music room above my carport for my kids because I'm old and cranky. So when they want to like jam, because they're not professional musicians and it's really loud and noisy, they can go above the carport and jam. So he could probably put his equipment up there and something incredible. Yeah, yeah, we have a fire pit in the backyard so he can like play under the stars and oh magical.
Speaker 2: This is so dreamy what you're describing right now. I love this. I love this for us. Since I now live there.
Speaker 1: You and I can just tell stupid jokes all day long.
Speaker 2: Do it like?
Speaker 1: You make me laugh Angela so hard I pee myself thanks to lan well sneezing makes me pee myself. So that's a compliment, but take it with a grain of Yeah. My girls had memorized your whole pretty nails routine years ago, and every time I would say, because I don't do my nails. You can see here. I'm a farm girl. I have animals and I've been canning. But my toes. I gotta do my toes. I just I cannot have coffee. I can't.
Speaker 2: No, no, I can't.
Speaker 3: I'll cut my own ankles with my one foot and I'll be like, oh, no, I gotta go get a petty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time to get a petty when you're cutting yourself with your on toenails. And I would say, I'm you know, don't bother me. I'm going to be gone for an hour or two. I'm gonna go get a pedicure. They're like, ah, you got a boyfriend. They would do your whole routine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's wild how that joke is seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: It's very old, and yet it's open.
Speaker 1: It's part of our vernacular now. Yes, it's become like I cannot say anything about a petticure and to make my husband go with me without one of my girls saying, ah, you got a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 3: I was just having this conversation with somebody about how my joke has become a part of people's everyday life, like they quote it on a regular even just like, hey, yeah, the grocery story, give me an apple?
Speaker 2: How many? Just one?
Speaker 3: And they throw that in there in any part of their daily life. And I think about like the movies that I quote, Dumb and Dummer, Wayne's World, like from my era that still are in my everyday life. I quote these movies and I'm like, that's wild to me to think that my joke is a part of somebody else's life that they quote when they do every time they do this one thing.
Speaker 1: I love that. What's your favorite favorite all time movie to quote?
Speaker 3: Oh, those two that I just said, but probably Dumb and Dumber, I would Yeah, it has to be Dumb and Dummer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so for me, stop it now, I mean it.
Speaker 2: What's that from?
Speaker 1: You were supposed to say? Does anyone a benut? You've never seen Princess Bride? You've not watched Princess Bride? Angela that one you?
Speaker 2: Everyone hates me right now?
Speaker 1: I know, no, No, As one of my favorite comedians, I have to tell you before the day is over, you have to watch Princess Bride at least once, if not five times. Okay, this is one of those things that I knew I was going to marry my husband when we became friends and he started quoting Princess Bride, and I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, he's the one.
Speaker 1: He's the one. He's the man with six fingers. You know. You have to watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do it just for you, and I think about you the whole time.
Speaker 1: Do do There are so many great characters in it, and there's so many great lines in it. You're gonna you're gonna call me back and you're gonna just like.
Speaker 2: They just quote again. I can finish it.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I can do it. I can do it. I'm not a witch. I'm your wife, all right. Okay. So something that you helped me understand in your comedy, not even knowing you helped me understand it. I didn't know the what ifs were anxiety. Yeah, I didn't know the what ifs were anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yep mm hmm. Here you were just thinking you were a healthy, old, thriving.
Speaker 1: Thriving mama bear uh, and that the what ifs are actually like maybe anxiety. Yeah, this is how bad my what ifs are. They're as bad as yours.
Speaker 2: Tell me, tell me.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I have a best friend and I didn't hear from her one day and like we talk every day, it's a sad I hadn't heard from her, and so I called her, and then I called her and left jerky comments, you know, on her flassage. And then I texted her and she didn't text me back. And after like you know, the second text, I was sure she's got some very steep stairs in her house that I said, my daughter, you did she lives a mile away, I said, my daughter, because I was sure tripped on the stairs, dog ran underneath her, lost her balance and what happened. She was not happy when midnight my daughter is waking her up.
Speaker 2: Wait, you were calling.
Speaker 3: You were trying to get a hold of her at midnight, well, because I hadn't heard from her during the day, and by because it was all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see, And by the time I got to the end of the day, you're like, I can't, I can't go by. You know, we could have avoided.
Speaker 1: We could have avoided this, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you let the whole day go by. That's good on you.
Speaker 3: I recently had my brother here visiting and he's up early, like seven am. He's already gone for a rind and come back and it was like almost eight am, and he still hadn't come downstairs yet.
Speaker 2: My first thought he died.
Speaker 1: He died.
Speaker 2: He's right upstair.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, somebody poisoned him. Somebody broke in last night, he tripped and fell.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear it. He's for sure dead.
Speaker 3: And then I text him you good good morning, and he didn't reply.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my god, this is the day. This is the day. And then like ten minutes later he comes downstairs. But it was just the day. He was flying out, so he was busy packing up.
Speaker 1: His suitcase whatever, whatever.
Speaker 2: But back, how dare you pack up.
Speaker 1: Your suitcase and make me think that you're dead. So in one of your specials, you were talking about how you how you signed your husband up for the find Me app find a Friend app on your phone? You signed him up on.
Speaker 2: Sure, I did.
Speaker 1: I gotta steal my friend's phone so I can sign her up on my phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a better one I'll tell you about. Okay, So Find my Friends comes on Apple phones, Like everybody gets that one. But there's another one Life three sixty. I think it's called girl. This one is nosy. This one I get alerts on my phone. Manuel just finished a thirty mile drive. His mac speed was seventy six miles per hour. Yes, it'll tell me. I think it'll even tell if he used his phone while he was driving, Like it's no sock. Oh yeah, it gives me all the goods.
Speaker 1: And so do you have to download the app on the other person's phone in order for you to follow them? So how am I gonna find? How am I going to get hold of my adult children's phones and download a party?
Speaker 2: Everybody, come over.
Speaker 3: We're having dinner at the farm, the ranch, whatever you said, you had right to come over. We're doing a little dinner. But this one. Listen, you guys, no phones. You guys are always on your phones. Everybody put your phones right here on the counter.
Speaker 1: And leave your password on.
Speaker 2: Your password right there next to it.
Speaker 1: Because I have adult children, I would do that with what's your worst? What if? I mean the one of your husband, which is in your routine, dying on the freeway outside of your house.
Speaker 2: That was I thought he was dead. I looked it was.
Speaker 3: The story is he went to the movies with friends and he called me when he was on his way back.
Speaker 2: I fell asleep. Okay, Well it was too hot in the room, so.
Speaker 3: He just slept on the couch, is what it was. But I woke up at two in the morning and he was not there, and I was like, no. I talked to him at eleven pm. He was on his way home, and he's still not home. And his bed hadn't even been lived in, you know what I mean, Like it was still flat. He had not even It's not that he came in for a little bit and he got up, it was still flat. I said, oh, he's dead. Immediately he died. I call him, he's not answering.
Speaker 2: Oh damn. And then I checked the friend finder. It shows his phone on the side of the freeway, like it lied to me. I would have been okay, but.
Speaker 3: It showed he was in the house somewhere and they'd be like, okay, I'll let me just go.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's like somebody that can control that, or going, let's mess with her, let's really mess with her.
Speaker 2: How did this happen? Like, how was that even possible?
Speaker 3: It was literally a mile away on the side of the freeway, like it was a lag of some I don't know what, but I really thought he was dead until I came downstairs and I saw him on the couch.
Speaker 2: I really was like, how do I But you.
Speaker 1: Hadn't called the cops or or an adult daughter to go check on him like I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I started playing in the funeral in my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what were you wearing? What were you gonna wear to the funeral?
Speaker 2: Something very modest? Something.
Speaker 3: But I don't want people to think I'm already back on the market, you know what I mean? Like it's just something cover up because if I so much to cleave and then be like, ooh, she trying to get wiped up again?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Just no, just so.
Speaker 1: Covered dress, slack suit, jumpsuit, like.
Speaker 3: Not a dress, No, it would be pants, definitely can mm hmmm yep, he.
Speaker 2: Are you flat flies? But my husband always loved it, loved it like he's already died.
Speaker 3: He uh, okay, dress up the best.
Speaker 2: Maybe I do that for him the best.
Speaker 1: The best part of that was when you said I didn't even think about that he might be cheating, that he might be out with somebody else. I thought he was dead, because if he was cheating, it'd be.
Speaker 2: Dead, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: Please ah, you kill me. So many of your routines just like speak to my heart in such a sweet way. And now you're doing a podcast Fungela.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am. I.
Speaker 2: I started this podcast because it was one of my tools that I use in my mental health and on the road touring.
Speaker 3: It's like I talk about my anxiety and that one special and the wood ifs and all that kind of stuff, just struggling with anxiety sometimes depression sometimes just like the intrusive thoughts, like all the stuff that I'd be dealing with. And I had different tools over the years, different supplements that I would use, different breathing techniques that I would use, my gratitude journal, prayer, whatever it may be. And the one that I would go to the most because it worked quickly, it was efficient, it was free, and it was right there within you is gratitude. And when we start practicing gratitude, you say the thing that you're grateful for out loud, and then you hear yourself saying the thing that you're grateful for. So it's one thing to think about what are you grateful for? And you're already changing your mood just thinking about these things. Think about something positive instead.
Speaker 2: Of something negative. You already did a step in changing it.
Speaker 3: But then when you say it out loud, now you actually hear yourself. So you're using different senses too, now your mind, now your ears, you're saying it out loud. So it's this big gratitude circle that goes in and out, in and out of your body. You just start raising your vibration, raising it to like this level where you start attracting like beautiful things in your life. And so I said, I'm going to do a podcast based on gratitude and just practice gratitude with people. So I bring guests on and we talk about five things that they're grateful for in their life, and it leads to amazing stories that they have. And we also do one mattitude and the one mattitude is the thing that's making you mad these days, giving you a bad attitude.
Speaker 2: Or as I like to call it, a matitude.
Speaker 3: And so we start with the one, we get it out of our body, we let it go, and then we move into gratitude and we just talk about stuff that we're grateful for, put out the good vibes.
Speaker 1: What a wonderful tool.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: What is your matitude today?
Speaker 2: Ooh, my matitude today. Let's see you know, today's been a really good day.
Speaker 3: Okay, you put your makeup on, so I put my magamon on for you. I had to, although I almost I'll be honest. I started walking up to the office to come beyond here. But I was a half hour early and I had no makeup on. I was like, ooh, I'm be late.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, I have a half hour, so I put makeabon.
Speaker 3: My mattitude these days is these little gnats and I don't know if they're coming from the sink.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Fruit flies, but are they gnats or fruitflies?
Speaker 2: I think they're nuts because sometimes I'll see them.
Speaker 1: Nats are lighter colored, but fruitflies, fruit flies can go in the bathroom. How scary? Did I know this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you live out on some acreage, so I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge of critters and insects and stuff.
Speaker 1: And I'm canning. It's canning season.
Speaker 2: What's that mean?
Speaker 1: It means I garden all spring in summer stupidly hundreds of acres or dozens of acres, and then fall hits and I'm like, I am five hundred bushels of corn that I have to blanch and freeze and can and dry and dehydrated.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see what you're saying, actual canning of food to eat and use and store.
Speaker 2: Oh. During twenty twenty, I started a garden and.
Speaker 3: I absolutely loved it. And I ended up pickling my own cucumbers. Oh my gosh, it was so fun and they were so No, I've never tasted a pickle as good as my pickle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, it was so fun.
Speaker 3: And then we moved and then now I split time and I'm not in one place long enough to actually have a garden and take care of it.
Speaker 2: But I miss it. That was so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I had, if I had to do that, I would figure out how to do a portable garden. I don't know. I it's my happy place.
Speaker 2: It is. And do you feel more? This is what I only did it for that one year. But do you feel like connected.
Speaker 3: To God or source or whatever you call it? Like, do you feel I feel connected to God when I garden?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in the garden of Eden house. My farm is the garden of Eton. It really truly is. I'm I'm obsessed with my plants, not like I know the names of them. I just know them, like, oh, I love that. I have a girlfriend who knows the names the scientific you know, genus, species, blah blah blah. She goes, oh, that's you know, miraculous, slovaculous. I'm like, okay, I just you know, but I know them, and I know there's seasons, and I know what they like and what they don't like. And it's like I have relationships with my plants. That sounds right.
Speaker 2: I fully know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: That's why I say I love that, because that I feel like that's how I was for that year that I did my garden, and it was almost like they were characters in my life. And so anytime I would go in tend to the garden, it was I was talking to my garden. I was communicating. I was like speaking life over my garden. I would just be like, tomatoes, y'all look good.
Speaker 2: Like it was just a whole thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have sassy ones. They talk back, They're like I know I do. Yeah, don't you wish you look this good? Ah?
Speaker 2: Then I look at how ripe I am.
Speaker 3: Uh huh uh yeah. And they were just my garden became like characters. And then every time I would leave to go back because my garden was up on a hill, and then I might have to go back down the steps to my house. So every time I would leave, I would say bye to my garden. I would thank my garden. I'd be like, okay, guys, see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Like it was a whole No. Granted was twenty twenty COVID.
Speaker 3: We were all home, so they were my company, but it was it was very special time.
Speaker 2: I really really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I enjoy talking to my garden more than I enjoyed talking to a lot of people. I know that sounds terrible, but I love being out in my gardens.
Speaker 2: I you have a favorite part of your garden.
Speaker 1: It's all, you know. It's all different in like different moods and different plants have different personalities.
Speaker 2: And what fruit trees do you have?
Speaker 1: I have over one hundred fruit trees.
Speaker 2: I mean you have all those acres. Of course you do. But what okay, just.
Speaker 1: So we don't do any it's not warm up here, so we can't do like citrus. There's no oranges? Oh really okay, yeah, it's all like apples plums, pears, peaches, nice. My plum trees were so loaded this year they broke. The limbs broke. Oh, I had so many plums.
Speaker 3: So I grew up with a plum tree in our backyard. It was a mess. It was because we never like harvested them or anything.
Speaker 1: You just let them drop on the ground and attract the bees.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was too young. I didn't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: Did you ever step on a bee while you were out in the backyard with a squishy po isn't that the worst?
Speaker 2: My?
Speaker 3: Okay, so this was a sad part. Right before we sold our house, we didn't know we were going to be leaving. I thought we're going there for years and years.
Speaker 2: And I had just.
Speaker 3: Planted orange tree, apple, lemons and limes, avocado, which I know is like a five year investment, but I was super excited about it.
Speaker 2: And I had just planted my trees. Maybe I had them for like five months.
Speaker 1: And then you moved and then we moved.
Speaker 2: It was so sad.
Speaker 3: And then I kept in touch with the people who bought her house, and did you say.
Speaker 1: Send me the avocados when they start coming on? Okay, because those are mine?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the sad part.
Speaker 3: I had asked them one time how the garden was doing, and she's like, oh, I don't even go up there. No, did I just think about like my tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Just be like what happened?
Speaker 1: Where did you go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I had to say goodbye to my girl.
Speaker 1: I cried.
Speaker 3: I cried when I said goodbye to my garden. And like now I'm gonna sound like crazy garden lady. I bawled my eyes out saying goodbye to my garden.
Speaker 1: I get it, my friends.
Speaker 2: I have one plant and it's just a little spider plant. Started in my grandma's garden and it was in her garden and all of us got a piece of it. And so I got my piece and I planted it in my garden at my house. And then when we sold the house, and you may believe, I was out there with a shovel. Ohay, my grandma plant with me, believe it.
Speaker 3: And now it's in a little pot in the front of our California house that we have, and so it just stays on the porch and a little.
Speaker 1: So you go back and forth between Nashville, we do catching up with comedian Angela Johnson, Rays and looking forward to the rest of our chat. Just want to pause for a moment to tell you some good stuff about another podcast sponsor, Mercy Ships has been transforming lives for over forty years. Many people in our world have no access to healthcare and as a result, they must endure pain and suffering. But with the support of volunteers and donors, Mercy Ships can go to these communities and perform free surgeries. Surgeries that help mothers see their babies for the first time, surgeries that allow little boys and girls to run and play. They change lives through the work they do. Now, thanks to the launch of the Global Mercy, the first custom built hospital ship of its kind, they can help even more people. The Global Mercy is projected to serve one hundred and fifty thousand patients over the next five decades. Four year old Amatu from Southern Senegal was the first to receive surgery on the Global Mercy. Born with one windswept leg and one bowed leg, he missed out on so many things kids love, But thanks to the treatment he received from Mercy Ships, Amadu can't wait to run around with his friends and he dreams of all that lies. Ad learn more about Mercyships at mercyships dot org. And are you touring now?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm not on a tour, like a specific name tour, but I am on the road because this year was my writing year where I write my new Hour.
Speaker 2: So I go to a lot of different.
Speaker 3: Comedy clubs, casinos, and I just get that repetition in show after show, off to show, so I can try different jokes, try it a different way, play with it a little bit, mold it, get.
Speaker 2: My hour to where it is.
Speaker 3: And then next year I'm about to announce, actually I think coming up soon, I'm about to announce my next big tour that's going to start next year, and that's going to be a huge, big theater performance run.
Speaker 1: We got to come up with a traveling garden for you, like are you on a van? Are you on a bus?
Speaker 2: Are you to be on a bus?
Speaker 1: You'll be on a bus. Maybe maybe a little spider plant that you can give some window access to on the bus.
Speaker 3: That's actually a good idea because then because my daughter's coming with us, my first time doing a bus tour with uh a child being old. She's fifteen months now, she'll be two. Your bus tour fun, so.
Speaker 2: That'll be some fun. We can, you know, feed our plant every day and you know something.
Speaker 1: That's the most fun age though for me, like two to four. Oh my gosh, the things they say every day, their little expressions. Does she speak Spanish? I know you never have you learned yet?
Speaker 2: I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: Our nanny speaks Spanish to her, So now I for sure have to learn Spanish.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, because I got make sure they're not talking about me.
Speaker 1: But I'm a back uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So she's learning Spanish, and there's sometimes she'll point to something and say something and I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Are you saying? And I'm like, oh my god, I about you. She's saying it in Spanish and I just don't know the word.
Speaker 1: Except in one of your specials you said that you were going to learn that. That was like a few.
Speaker 2: Years ago, since I was a teenager.
Speaker 1: A Mexican American who doesn't.
Speaker 3: I can order real well and sing some of the lyrics of the songs.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, Gadora, Now now sing the next line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, marinbo.
Speaker 1: Angela. Where can folks find you? Where can they find your podcast? Where can they find when you make your big announcement that you're going on tour. I can tell people you're on at least four different platforms because I had to go to one. I had to go to YouTube to find some stuff to watch, and then I had to go to Netflix to find other stuff to watch. And then there's some things that aren't even have subscriptions to that you're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm just all over the place where you can find things. Look for me. I might be there, but you could try my website angela dot com. It's spelled a n j E l a h dot com.
Speaker 3: And I'm most active on Instagram for social media, but I am on all the platforms. I'm on TikTok, I'm on Facebook, I'm on all the platforms, and I'll be announcing my tour on all of the platforms. My podcast is called Fungula.
Speaker 2: We just put out.
Speaker 3: Gratitude and Good Vibes and right now where every every other Tuesday, but we'll be moving into weekly soon. And yeah, so Fungela and my tour is coming up. You can check out my newest special. It came out last year and it's called Say I Won't and it's on YouTube and that's My special life filmed at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee, and it was amazing and I had a great time and I'm so proud of it.
Speaker 2: So if you want to check that out, it's on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And it's funny. It's hysterical, it is. It is so funny. I want all of my listeners to go because when I laugh out loud, I laugh out loud, it's it means I'm happy. It's the best. And I laughed out loud the entire special when I watched it.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you so much, thanks for having me on, Like what a treat break, gidding me. Look at just me and Talila talking about gardening, like living our best lives.
Speaker 1: I thought we were talking about you moving out here and helping me garden. That's what I got out of this. And I'm going to call you when I start doing the what ifs. Please, I'm going to call you because oh my gosh, Corn, Please, yeah, Corn, and help me because I can't get hold of my oldest son, who's this sergeant on the police department.
Speaker 2: I got you?
Speaker 1: Do you know the what ifs that come with being the mother of a sergeant of a police department who's also a leader on the swat team. Do you know what Iff's.
Speaker 2: Come with that couldn't even imagine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you don't wanna. You don't wanna, so I will call you. Fungela is the name of her podcast. Check it out and look up Angela a n J e l ah dot com. Thank you have a great day, honey.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. This was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Sometimes life feels heavy. Sometimes it feels too fast, too fleeting, too frantic. I also get caught up in the dizzying craziness of it all. But then I'm reminded by caring, grateful, hilarious people like Angela that life is also an absolute hoot, that humor is a salve and elixir, And if you can find a mustard seed of faith and a tiny grain of funny, that's enough to get you through anything the universe is capable of throwing at you. Seasons come to a close, children grow, h life chugs along. If you're weathering your own personal storm, even before the impetus nature of fallen winter are upon us, know that this too shall pass. Angela can help you find some humor and a Little Chuckle does an amazing job of letting the light in catch up with her and everything she's got going on at Angela dot com. That's a n J. E. Lah dot com. You can also find her on all the major social media platforms, on YouTube, on her many and varied TV shows. She's on Netflix and Hulu, and you can subscribe to her podcast Fungula for a healthy dose of hilarity and gratitude. Whenever you feel the need, be kind to yourself and to each other, my friend, go out there and love someone