Speaker 1: From Hollywood. See you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 3: Ryan Air Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: Morning Siciny, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: You doing.
Speaker 3: So good getting through that Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Like you mentioned, Yeah, it takes a little extra effort to get through Tuesday. What we're gonna have today, it's gonna be nice, another nice day. The weather does help when you've got nicer weather, mostly sunny, highs in the mid seventies. Rain is coming on Thursday, but it's Thursday in front of Friday, so we'll make it through there. Rather the rain on Thursday than the rain today.
Speaker 3: It's been such a gift having this weather.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, right, you want to get out and absorb it. It does affect your mood. I bet I was. I was rushing this morning to get ready, and I was moving so fast. I have my coffee. Do you ever take your coffee back to so I'm go make my coffee, then I go shower. I take my coffee with me to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Anytimes depends on my mood.
Speaker 4: After my shower, I'll have some more. But do you brush your teeth before your coffee?
Speaker 3: I do? I mean I brush my teeth first and then I start getting ready.
Speaker 4: Okay, good. I know people that don't brush their teeth after their coffee, and I think that would ruin the whole coffee. Well, definitely isn't It's not great, Tony. Do you brush your teeth first? You do, right, and then you have your coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I kind of like make my way. That's my way out the door. So I brush my teeth, do all my bathroom stuff, and then I moved to the kitchen. I make my coffee and then I like leave to it to work.
Speaker 4: You don't have your coffee during your get ready time.
Speaker 2: I do have time.
Speaker 4: There's no way I need it first. I need it first. But this morning I was rushing so much that I have my hairspray jar. What do you call it, the hairspray canister? Yeah, and I missed my hair and hit my lip with the top of it and got a.
Speaker 3: Little, oh my goodness, like a fat cottle red mark on my lip.
Speaker 4: Like I touched myself with my hairspray.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say that you sprayed it and then it landed in your coffee, because I've done that before.
Speaker 4: That happened too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sucks like.
Speaker 4: No, I touched myself with the can and left the mark on my lip. Well that's not a cool story to tell.
Speaker 3: That'll wake you up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got me moving, I guess just take pack your time so down a little bit. So this morning, we've got Kate Hudson coming by. Kate Hudson, movie star, is now going to be a pop star. She's releasing her first song of all time.
Speaker 3: It's incredible that she's I guess she's been working on music for a while.
Speaker 4: Have you heard it? I have not right, she's coming in with it this morning.
Speaker 1: Ka.
Speaker 6: That's a little giddy about Kate Hudson. She's not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: You know, she's so very likable.
Speaker 5: I don't lose a guy in ten days. Was like the epitome of my dating life.
Speaker 4: I've not greeted the back room yet. Good morning. Who do you have, Ruby, Michaylas Sierra back there too? Yes, Sierra, welcome back to the Morning Show back room. Nice to see you. What brings you in so early to the back room? This is a reunion of sorts.
Speaker 7: I was no I'm here. I'm just usually behind my computer.
Speaker 4: You know you're always back then. I don't see you back there. You came in for Kate Hudson.
Speaker 3: I'm here for Kate, right, God, she came.
Speaker 4: To capture because she's in the digital department. It's Jen back there, high Jen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jen's far down. I took.
Speaker 4: I honestly want your back room to do a show. I want the back room to be a podcast, just the back room. And what it would be is them talking about us while we're talking about stuff.
Speaker 3: It would happen in live. It would happen as the show is.
Speaker 4: Happening exactly, so they and if they had to take a call or Greek k Kate Hudson, that's part of the show.
Speaker 3: People would love to listen to that.
Speaker 4: It might actually beat us.
Speaker 3: It actually probably would Mark.
Speaker 4: It's not a terrible idea behind the scenes, yeah right, it's like it's the whole time. Maybe it's like for an hour. I know Marian and Colette already have talked about doing a podcast from the back room, So I think this is great. But during the show, yeah great, until it frustrates us.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, until you're trying to get a hold of them, or you're gonna question and you're gonna be like.
Speaker 6: Where's my call?
Speaker 4: Oh, it sounds like that in your head? Is this all I talk? Because I don't really recall myself sounding like that ever, Yoh, could.
Speaker 3: You imagine if you did actually apologize?
Speaker 5: That was quite the bad impression. But I didn't know how to know else to do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody does that voice for everybody, even he dies or girls.
Speaker 4: Well, let me do your husband's for.
Speaker 3: Everyone does that.
Speaker 2: Early day.
Speaker 3: Everyone just does that voice like a default.
Speaker 4: Do your fiance's voice, Tanya.
Speaker 6: He'd be like, babe, how many times you watch?
Speaker 3: Gonna watch that video?
Speaker 4: All sound exactly like everyone?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you imitate us? If you're talking?
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what Sisney said today?
Speaker 4: But I'm going to imitate you guys off the air behind your back?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yes you do.
Speaker 4: Rest assured. I do not discuss us once it's over, once we're done with us, it's not really And when.
Speaker 3: You do, you say you get frustrated because you're like, I already spend there were hours with you guys, and now I'm home touching.
Speaker 4: I don't ever impersonate you. I really don't ask my sister.
Speaker 3: I am gonna ask ye, so I need I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand something, and maybe Tanya, you can take it to one of your doctors therapists. She lights them up experts whenever we got have you got podcasts? And she does a lot of this stuff. She wrote a book.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: Why does some days my armpits sweat and other days they don't. Like when we were watching the football game on Sunday, my armpits were sweating a little bit. I don't know if is it food?
Speaker 3: And it's got to be food induced, right because I say, like garlic makes you sweat more or something like that.
Speaker 4: I love and I was having garlic oil on my pizza. I love garlic. But like I can do like a presentation or be in front of a lot of people and pitstn't sweat. Other times they just get really wet.
Speaker 3: M you go quite the predicament.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I don't think that's right for my therapist to.
Speaker 4: Be but it could be because what if I was having, like watching football, I was associating that with my old days of playing football and the fear of going to practice, and that made me sweat could.
Speaker 6: Have been Yeah, it were of a clinical issue.
Speaker 3: No, I understand what he's saying. It's could be mental.
Speaker 4: It could be mental, could be triggered by the fact that I'm watching football players and I spent all my life. You know, it could be triggering. I'll said turmeric that morning, so maybe turmeric makes you sweat.
Speaker 3: I do believe it's probably food and c.
Speaker 4: Since you're here, let me feature you this morning.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 4: I can't even believe going to say it your husband? I know, yes, right, he was. You didn't always have husband, So that's why I say, how long has been married?
Speaker 3: Now we've been married forever?
Speaker 4: Twenty nineteen, that's forever. Yeah, we were fifty five years.
Speaker 6: Pretty long time, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you had to get him switched to your yodorant.
Speaker 7: I wanted him to use your nachal gyodorant.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got him.
Speaker 7: I gave him to him for Christmas, which you know he was not excited about.
Speaker 2: Your Now.
Speaker 7: Dog gonna last stuffer. He lasted one day. So does it get better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it gets better. The problem is you have to go through the rash phase. Yeah, it's the rash phase of a natural deodorant.
Speaker 3: How many days?
Speaker 6: How many days?
Speaker 4: It was a month for me, Yeah, a month, and it could come back to, but it's well worth it, I think, doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 6: No, you have to detox from your your armpits.
Speaker 4: Get used to the the old stuff with all the chemicals.
Speaker 6: Chemicals.
Speaker 4: By the way, I cannot wait for marriage. What an exciting holiday. He got natural deodorant. It's a stocking stuffer.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking out for him.
Speaker 7: He was using like the old school, like gel like full of chemicals like Gellette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know. I used to use that stuff to move. Well, you just gotta sit, You gotta fight through it. You gotta hang in there.
Speaker 3: A month is there's other brands. I know Michael uses another one that's kind of like all natural, but it doesn't give him a rash. Okay, hit me with the link.
Speaker 4: I will hit me with the.
Speaker 3: What link link?
Speaker 4: She said. Hit me with the wing I'm like, I don't know that term, and I want to use. Hey me with the wing bro allR Your morning hack is next. I'm gonna eat you with this six to one the grocery method. Think about this if you've got to do your shopping later today. There's a chef named Will Coleman and this all went viral. Is six to one method promises that you'll save money and eat healthier. And here's what you do. You buy six vegetables, you buy five fruits, you buy four proteins, three starches, two sauces or spreads, and one fun item to treat yourself. And by doing that, it's a simple sort of numbers game to have more healthier things in your cart and less of the stuff that's not so good for you. And I will tell you about spreads, like instead of using mayonnaise or dairy products for me, I spread hummus muss and it does the trick. Yeah, and it's not bad for you at all, right, and does the same sort of thing that a mayonnaise would do for me exactly in a way. So it's a good it. Spreads are a good to fill you up. And if you can, if you.
Speaker 3: Can six vegetables at Wansos, aggressive.
Speaker 4: Dip your vegetables in it. Yeah, I know. But six, five, four through two, one to six to one. Here's today's quote. Tell them you love them over and over again. For the time we have is short. Oh that was my glasses hitting the microphone. For the time we have is short, but the love we have is endless.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's quite poleetic, isn't it. Yeah, I slowed down the cadence.
Speaker 2: Other thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, delivery was out of time.
Speaker 4: We need to go all hands on deck to make it through. A Tuesday Kiss FM headlines with sicin.
Speaker 3: Well, the city of Redlands is taking drastic measures to combat and invasive species of fruit flies that you're stripping the fruit from trees at more than two thousand homes. The process should last about a month. A dedicated task force will patrol the dangerous portion of pch through Malibu after a series of violent crashes. The new traffic enforcement team will last for the next two years. The tech startup founded by Elon Musk implanted a brain ship in its first human patient. Musk says the product will allow humans to control phones and computers just by thinking. And for the first time in Las Vegas history, a one Latino group will headline an all Spanish language residency. Those bookies will make their debut at Dolby Live at Park MGM on May third.
Speaker 4: On air with Ryan Seacrest, Tanya with the training report.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm gonna break it down for you. If you do not follow football, it's gonna be very easy. So Christian McCaffrey, he plays for the forty nine ers, right they're going to the Super Bowl. He is engaged to Olivia Colpo. So Olivia Colpo is kind of like the Internet's best friend. She is very much an influencer on social media. You feel like you know her, Like we've watched her go.
Speaker 8: Through so much.
Speaker 4: What I think about when I hear her name that Nick Jones wrote jealous about her. That's what I think about all the time.
Speaker 2: So that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Like, we watched her get her heart broken after that breakup, we watched her get her heart broken in another relationship with the football player. So now she's finally getting her happy ending and her and Christian McCaffrey are engaged.
Speaker 3: They're getting married this year.
Speaker 5: So I am really really rooting for the forty nine ers to win the Super Bowl because I think, what an amazing year for him to get married and win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: You're going against Taylor.
Speaker 5: Okay, so then we're playing the Chiefs. So we all know Travis Kelce plays for the Chiefs. He's dating Taylor Swift. It's a mystery when they started dating, we don't know, but they're the hottest couple in the NFL. So it kind of feels like my two pretend best friends are going head to head in this Super Bowl. I was going for Olivia because I thought it would be really special for them to win the Super Bowl and get married in the same year. But then I found this out. So super Bowl fifty.
Speaker 6: Eight, what's five plus eight thirteen thirteen?
Speaker 5: The Super Bowl is on February eleventh, what's eleven plus two thirteen? This is Taylor's thirteenth football game that she's going to be attending to watch. Travis Kelce so to me, thirteen thirteen thirteen, I feel like the Chiefs might win it.
Speaker 4: You get it, we get it, We follow along.
Speaker 3: Thirteen is Taylor's.
Speaker 4: We understand that. And I just think it is pretty remarkable. Get all of that aligns, and I think it's a good it's a good position to have.
Speaker 6: It's a good omen for sure. So now I'm just totally torn.
Speaker 4: Well, look at the Vegas sports betters are scrambling after this report right now. They don't know which way is up.
Speaker 6: It makes Super Bowl so fun for me. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I have to say, you know, it's a very fun Super Bowl. I agree.
Speaker 4: I lived in San Francisco for a minute and I worked on a local television station and radio station in San Francisco in the Bay Area. So I feel like I'm going to root for the forty nine ers. And it's the state of California, right there is that, right, there's that we're the same state.
Speaker 3: I just don't like city wins everything. Yeah, which seems that way.
Speaker 4: Also, you're right, it would be fun to have the Niners.
Speaker 3: Come in and win this one because back in twenty twenty they played and Kansas City won that Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Right, But again, I would love for us to be on the air the day after Travis Kelsey and Taylor so celebrate the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Go to Disneyland, because I do want to see that moment on the field of them kissing.
Speaker 4: I guess right, So there, I'm so can it be a tie? Well, for if I'm not on the air, if I'm not a DJ, I want the Niners to win, But having to do a show the next day, actually it doesn't matter. I'm gonna vote for I'm gonna I'm gonna vote. I can't cast my vote for the forty hours. I'm gonna cheap for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: I know, I think I'm with you all right.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be great though to watch, it's gonna be a great game. Can't wait for my snacks?
Speaker 3: You cheer for Usher?
Speaker 4: Usher is gonna be phenomenal?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Okay? And will it be the most watched super Bowl ever? Because Taylor's probably possibly. So it's an artist not performing that's gonna drive the numbers up as well.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So this is a second date update. I gotta get to know Nick Nick Woodland Hills. So Nick is a ride share driver and hooked up with one of his passengers. Nick, thank you for coming on for a second date update. Is this the first time you've ever hooked up with a passenger of yours?
Speaker 8: Yep, not even close before?
Speaker 4: Okay, And what made you cross the line this time?
Speaker 8: Well, so, yeah, I'm a student at Pierce College in Woodland Hills and I drive a ridehair car on the side. You know, just a few weeks ago, a bunch of girls from Sea Sun, you know, I gave him a ride to a bar just in Ansino and there was four of them. And the thing is is one of them had to sit up front with me. And I tell you, she was like the most beautiful, stunning person I've ever met in my life. And so when I dropped him off at the bar, I told her if they need a ride later, you know, to just call me directly, and I gave her my number, so basically, yeah, a few hours later, she actually called me back, and when I got there, it was just her. You know, she left her friends at the bar because she said she wanted to see me, So I gave her ride back to north Ridge. That's when we hooked up in my car. And you know, I've been texting her since and you know, she hasn't blocked me, but I haven't been getting any responses from her, so you know, I'm starting to get the message that this was just a one time thing for But you know, if I could get a hold of her, you know, I think this would really be something great.
Speaker 4: So curious to wonder how often this happens with a driver and a passenger.
Speaker 3: Well, when we're giving her your number, then that's you know, you're extending that chance for it to escalate.
Speaker 4: So you think she saw this as a one time thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Unfortunately, that's the vibe I'm getting, Or I don't know, like, like you said, it's kind of like weird hooking up with your right here driver. So I have a feeling that's basically the gist of it. She's just kind of you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was fine in a moment, but she does want to pursue it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I mean, Nick, this is what a second date update is for. We've never had this one this scenario before, but I guarantee you You've got other ride chair drivers listening right now. I want to hear how this one goes. So hang on one second.
Speaker 8: Did she tip you?
Speaker 4: I mean, go, hold on, Nick, this is I I really want to get to it fast. Nick is with us now, and Nick has written to us said, hey, look, I am a ride share driver hooked up with a passenger. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. But now she's ignoring my text. He thinks reality set in and it was a one time thing and she doesn't really want to go back and revisit because of the dynamic of them meeting in the car and crossing the line. I'm so curious, yeah, to know more so, Nick, don't even breathe, well breathe, but don't let us hear you. I have Cynthia on the phone. She's agreed to come on with us. She does not know you're on the other line. Be very quiet, let us find out what's up.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do Thank you, Cynthia, thank.
Speaker 4: You for holding here. It is Ryan Seacrest of Tanya Assistant. You're on Kiss FM. How you doing Hi, I'm okay, thanks super So. We're calling you about a transfer you had not too long ago with a ride share driver named Nick.
Speaker 3: Do you have I sat up in the front seat and then he gave you his number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: So when I say, Nick, what do you think about? Tell me about Nick?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I mean Nick.
Speaker 1: He he's a nice guy.
Speaker 9: I mean I just I made a mistake, all right. I hoped I hooked up with him and he.
Speaker 3: Was my driver.
Speaker 4: But what's the whole I'm very interested in this outcome.
Speaker 3: I mean that is kind of wildly What is that?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What is the mistake? And what was it that attracted you to Nick?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, it's it's just weird, like it was one night. I wouldn't normally do this, but but I thought he was an interesting guy, and I was just really feeling.
Speaker 3: It that night.
Speaker 9: And I don't even know him, so it's just it's not something that I would usually do.
Speaker 3: And was this the reason that he wasn't ghost him?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Was he romantic?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: Look, I just I feel embarrassed about the whole thing, Like I kind of just wanted to put it in my past because I don't plan on doing anything like that again.
Speaker 4: Okay, but let me ask you this, Cynthia. I understand that completely. But if he wasn't your ride share driver, would you have wanted to see him again?
Speaker 9: I mean, he's a sweet guy, and then afterwards he was like sending me a lot of sweet things he was texting me, and I just I didn't know what to say back. But yeah, I guess yeah, huh.
Speaker 3: But what's so bad about it being ride share driver? What's about this? What's so bad about this scenario?
Speaker 9: This is like I don't really know him that well, that's the thing, like.
Speaker 4: We feel that we kind of love him. I'm gonna tell you why. Nick is on the phone and I just got to know him a little bit. Nick, say hi to Cynthia. Hi, Cynthia, that's your Nick Cynthia. So here's the deal. He reached out to us, which is very charming because he was stumped that you weren't getting back to him. He was blown away by you and wanted to see you again and is trying to figure out, how can we look past this fact that you were a passenger and this is a weird scenario to have met and is there a way to do that? I guess that's the question, Nick, Right.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, like so Cynthia, like I get like this is totally super embarrassing and it's not your style. Well, the thing is, it's not my style either. It's not like I just you know, try to hook up with, you know, passengers all the time. You know, I've been doing this for a couple of years now. That's never happened before. I just think that you and I, you know, it's like we have this you know, undeniable spark and it shouldn't matter if like we met because I'm your driver, or you know, we could have met at a grocery store on a dating app or whatever. But you know, it's like, at the end of the day, we did meet, and I think we have a real connection. So you know, you know, why don't you let me take you on a real date this time? You know, maybe we'll get dinner, you know, some drinks, like.
Speaker 9: I think a great time, I don't drink.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Well.
Speaker 8: That's totally fine. Like we can get dinner, you know, maybe I can take you out for some ice cream or something. I'll walk, you know, I'll plan a great night and you know, you know, with zero expectations, and you know, it'll just be like a real first date.
Speaker 9: I mean, gosh, it's really sweet that you're actually going through all this trouble to talk to me. So I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, like I don't think unless we go on another date and I'll be able to move on. It's like I think about you all the time. It's crazy.
Speaker 9: Oh my god. Well, when you put it that way, fine, well we'll go.
Speaker 1: Out, all right.
Speaker 2: It's a match.
Speaker 9: Yes, victory, he's so sweet.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Nick, way too get that response. Yeah, I mean beautiful, Well, Cynthia, good luck up. It goes well with Nick. He's also a student. He's doing this on the side, so maybe things, you know, he could talk about what he's studying, all that stuff, and good luck.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell him what to talk about on their date.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you say like he's also a student, he's just doing this job on the side. Okay, bye, guys. Think by I thought she was gonna say no. I mean I thought she was gonna say, oh, put it that way. No, that's what I thought she's say. It's not a little over the top.
Speaker 3: I thought he's wearing his heart on his sleeve.
Speaker 4: And I liked, did he wants to go on an ice cream date?
Speaker 3: I missed that part.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was picturing like an ice cream date short, but it's very cute. Would you get a cone or a cup?
Speaker 3: Cone?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 4: I always want to get a cone, but it drips down the bottom and a cup's easier to handle, especially on a date. Yeah, Danny, thank you for coming on. Tell us what happened.
Speaker 1: So it's all a bunch of nonsense. But basically, I found out through Instagram that my best friend has been going out with my ex. And honestly, I don't know how to feel about this.
Speaker 4: Your best friend has been going out with your ex. I mean, how close is this friend? How often do you speak? How could this happen behind your back?
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm wondering because we've been friends since high school. We've been through thick and thin. I've bailed this dude out of jail before when we got coffee of nonsense, you know, And this whole thing is going down behind my back and I have no idea idea how this happened.
Speaker 4: How did you find out on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I'm I'm on Instagram. I'm doom to scrolling one night, you know, and I look up my boy's page and there he is on vacation with photos of him and my ex together. Oh and he had told me he was going on vacation, but I realized he was going with her.
Speaker 3: Huh, all right, Uh, well he doesn't sound like a good friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I don't know that there's anything you can do but edit this guy out of your life. Bro, He's not a best friend for sure. I think getting upset about it is only going to be toxic for you. You got to get past it, and you got to take this person out of your life, and you got to not look at their Instagram.
Speaker 3: That's true, cold Turkey.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's shocking to me how many times have heard this story of best friends hooking up with people's exes, is it?
Speaker 3: Do we not have bigger circles in life? Like, there's so many more people out there.
Speaker 4: I was reading stories about famous people who went through something looking up with the x's.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: We're talking about they have a podcast.
Speaker 3: Yes, they used to be the news anchors and then they swapped, and then now that.
Speaker 4: They're dating everybody, now.
Speaker 3: They're dating each other's exes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Danny, I think here's the deal. This is full focus. This guy's not good for you, needs to be out of your life. Do not look at Instagram. It will be toxic and move on. Thanks Danny for listening.
Speaker 3: Danny, good luck.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you consider this big news, but it did catch my attention. Subway adds a foot long Cinnabon Truro and an Anti Ann's pretzel to their menu, both a foot long.
Speaker 3: Who knew that I needed that?
Speaker 4: But I guess for a soft pretzel.
Speaker 3: I'm not Michael Is, but I guess pretzel.
Speaker 4: And if you can give me a pretzel butt and a burger forget, like, I won't even speak wood. I love a pretzel bun. What's your favorite bun and a burger. The pretzel bun does it for me? If I can find one, I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm not really like a bun enthusiast. I mean, get whatever whatever bun you know. The chef recommends, Well, if you.
Speaker 4: Are a bun enthusiast, this workout might.
Speaker 2: Be for you.
Speaker 3: This would work your bun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is so, This is a this is could be a bun's workout. This is a thing that's not so new, but it's become trendy again. What is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's working out by walking backwards or it's like the backwards walk on the treadmill or the elliptical, and they of course gave it a cute name retro walks, And it's all the rage is proving to be super beneficial to your overall health. And they've done, of course, a few studies, so they're saying thirty minutes a day will increase your balance and walking pace.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I can do thirty minutes walking backwards on the treadmill, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like I get bored. Well, this is a boring thing for me.
Speaker 3: I mean sure, because you can hold your phone maybe, but I just feel like that's so much pressure. Yeah, I have to work myself up to that. Maybe I start with five minutes and then the next day.
Speaker 4: If I'm ready to look like that in the gym. I don't know that I've seen.
Speaker 3: These people, yeah, but I feel like it's always so quick, Like they'll be doing the stairs and you do it and then all turn around and then do it for a second and then come back.
Speaker 4: There's always not one guy that's doing the side to side things. Yea, yeah, all right, I got you. I see you, we see you. But I guess, like.
Speaker 3: When you break down the sign the science behind it, when you walk normal or when you run normal, that's hamstring dominant movements. So then if you're doing this backwards, it's like role reversal and so it's working all these muscles that your body is not used to work.
Speaker 4: Because we only go one direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what Like it burns double and makes you that much more about.
Speaker 4: Got to think about it, which burns more calories.
Speaker 3: You're working those different muscles, so you're gaining strength and that's what's benefiting you with this.
Speaker 4: Retro what So, if you're a confident person, today, get on the treadmill at the gym, or right now, if you're listening to turn around right now. What if two of you turn around right now, that means two of you are listening. Thank you. Uh, turn around the treadmill. Make your brain work more, make your body work more, and get more out of it.
Speaker 2: It's not for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kelly is going to play the Disneyland theme music game. It's about the rides though. So, Hi, Kelly, how are you? Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning Ryan?
Speaker 8: I'm great.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm super good. So you're familiar with Disneyland. Yeah, okay, let's see about your fandom ship. Here. I'm going to play you the music that you hear while you're waiting in line for a ride. You have to give me the name of the ride after hearing the music. You gotta get three right before you get three wrong. But I got confidence in you. You've got this. No, please, it's great.
Speaker 8: That's gonna be so disappointed.
Speaker 4: He might help you along. Okay, you got but you got this. Okay, So here we go for a four pack? Howld your son's six?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is yeah, four pack to Disney Okay, here we go. The first one It's a small world. It's all that's it.
Speaker 2: You got one.
Speaker 4: Okay, It's a Small World. Debut at Disneyland and Anaheim in nineteen sixty six. Factoy wow, okay again about this game? Ready, name this ride.
Speaker 2: To think about.
Speaker 3: Think about the end of the ride after you've already done it. Yay, done this place?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, hard one. Maybe Okay. It's currently closed, but it will reopen as Tiana's Buy You Adventure later this year. Yes, okay, give it your ding ding you got it, you got it. Okay, now for.
Speaker 2: The win, name this ride, I red? What is it said?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of pirates.
Speaker 4: Did you say pirates?
Speaker 2: Pirates?
Speaker 4: Did you say pirates? Then she said, okay, pirates. Congratulations. You want to your six year old to Disneyland. Are for fun? Let's play, Tanya, let's play? Ready, okay and go?
Speaker 2: Do you know this one?
Speaker 4: Back room? Do you know this one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Think Peter pan No? No?
Speaker 5: Oh with somewhere New Orleans in like the French Carter.
Speaker 3: Can't seems like a water ride.
Speaker 4: Have you been about Kelly?
Speaker 8: Do you know Tom Slayers?
Speaker 3: Eventually?
Speaker 4: Thunder Mountain, thunder Mountain jeelge yell at me, talk to when.
Speaker 6: Wait played again and played again, and I'll played again.
Speaker 3: Just can't like.
Speaker 4: When you're listening, when you're waiting there for forty five years. Guys, do you want more?
Speaker 6: Do you want more?
Speaker 2: One more?
Speaker 4: Here we go, Here we got one more, Here we go, Here we go. Name the Ride.
Speaker 5: Star Star the Peace Mountain, No Bace Mountain, yeaes space Mountain.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That opened in nineteen seventy five at disney World in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Here Disneyland, Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Kelly Coasta Mesa, You're not far so enjoy Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: You guys, have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: We love you, guys, love you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 4: Are there enough rides with music that people will know? We can play that again? Because that's fun fun. Here she is in studio. It's so good to see you.
Speaker 3: I made it.
Speaker 4: You're in kit. I feel like you and your brother were talking about you like you guys grew up listening to Kiss FM that of.
Speaker 10: Course, right, yeah, I mean Rick D's in the morning, the morning, and to be here playing you know, my singles.
Speaker 3: Kind of wild, kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to that and we're actually gonna debut it. I'm so happy you're giving us the the whole thing here. We're very excited. And you've you've sung before, you've sung on screen before a little bit, so yeah, it's not your first time singing.
Speaker 3: No, I think that's the thing.
Speaker 10: For me, it was more like, you know, I loved to sing, But for me, this whole experience has been about the right the writing and and to share that part of myself that I've never shared ever. And I been so scared to do it, and so because I think, look, I I I always said if I was ever going to do music, that I'd have to really commit to it and that I'd do it the right way for me, which was to write it myself, you know, with with with you know, I have collaborators, a very intimate group of people, but me writing it was the most important thing and and sharing it authentically like that that so so so that's a big that's a big step for me and I I I don't think if I did that in my twenties or even my thirties, that I would be prepared for the criticism.
Speaker 3: But now I just don't care.
Speaker 10: I'm like, oh, you know, I mean either and then and then and then honestly, Lockdown was the big moment for me where I was like, I what like reflecting on my life and career and the art that I've done created throughout my life, and what's the what where?
Speaker 3: What what else? Like, where's where does this go?
Speaker 10: And I was like, if I don't put a record out, it'll be the great regret of my life.
Speaker 4: And I'm just looking at her fingernails. Does she have any Easter eggs with her fingernails? Because Taylor always has she makes music out looking at them. Maybe no, but so okay, I'm curious to know. How is it? Maybe it's not even this much of a revelation, but it does seem that, like you've done so much and you're a movie star and you've been famous all your life, but yet you're so approachable and normal and without pretense. And I find that to be so lovely. Not that everybody who's like that has it, but sometimes we're scared or intimidated by movie stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know, I hope I'm not scared of you. Good.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 10: I like I like having a somewhat normal life, and I think with that comes a choice, like you're either going to choose to sort of brand yourself and walk out into the world like that, or you know, for me, I just prefer having more of a normal sense.
Speaker 2: So what do you do this?
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean I'm not like fabulous.
Speaker 4: You're fabulous because your.
Speaker 3: Balance the balance.
Speaker 4: I want normalcy.
Speaker 2: What do you do this?
Speaker 3: Normal everything? I'm a homebody.
Speaker 4: Would you do this morning?
Speaker 10: Would you drink? I? I, well, well, thanks to you, I was up at five in the morning.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a normal morning.
Speaker 10: But I I you know, I'm like mom, I'm mom. I love my babies, like I love being home. I love to cook, I try. I'm like I'm one of those moms that literally wakes up and makes like waffles with like whipped cream, and like I'm I like my domestic life. I also like I I like to disappear and get weird and like be with my family.
Speaker 4: Do you guys play Cards Against Humanity or something we play?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm we're actually a big rummy cube.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I like.
Speaker 10: I like a good cocktail and a good board game.
Speaker 3: What's your cocktail? What's your cocktail of choice?
Speaker 10: It changes like all okay, saly cocktail with all of that. But right now I'm kind of I've made up a drink that's like an old fashioned but with honey. It's like a it's like a cold hot toddy. It's like honey lemon urban.
Speaker 3: You tell yourself it's healthy because of the honey.
Speaker 10: And the lemons, medicine lemon and a little water and it's ex fast.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's Kate Hudson's seasonal cocktail. Right now, mix it with your coffee this morning. All right, let's come back. We're gonna get a break in. We are going to play this this very vulnerable track from Ca Hudson, Her Music, Her World.
Speaker 3: My least vulnerable trap.
Speaker 4: But yes, your least vulnerable of the vulnerable, of the vulnerable.
Speaker 3: So why why I.
Speaker 4: Love that part? I love that part. It's like you've been doing this all your life. Oh it's just it just sounds so legit.
Speaker 10: You know, thanks it. That's the best compliment you could give me. It's the great thing about this song was we almost I almost dropped it because it was we couldn't figure the song out. So it's a really interesting that it ended up being the single because we loved the hook so much, and.
Speaker 4: You can you can hear it once and sing along to it in the second half. Cool, that's what you want. And by the way, watching the back room, I've not seen you guys dance like that at this hour in a long time.
Speaker 3: It's not a good groove, you know.
Speaker 10: It's like I always love the songs where you want to like get on in your car and like roll your windows down and just like drive, I don't know, disappearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the photo some cover art is the picture I saw you were in your car.
Speaker 10: I am in my car with the very with a very happy faux fur on the dashboard, by the way, which is very dangerous mynea.
Speaker 3: No, actually, you know it's weird. I actually drive like that.
Speaker 4: Is that bad? That is dangerous? You want both feed? Don't drive like that, you want both feed down by the pedals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Uh So, just to understand, Kate Hudson is here, you're not retiring from no.
Speaker 10: I start a Netflix show on uh February March. It's untitled currently it's Mindy Kayaling is green.
Speaker 3: It is a basketball project. I'm very fair, okay. Yeah, it's like a yeah, it's a front house basketball.
Speaker 4: So it's a series.
Speaker 3: It's a series. Okay, great, it's my first series.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 10: So I'm going to I'm going to work, you know, and then we're I'm going to do that and then I'm probably gonna go to or the album and I'm so excited. Wow, I'm excited. I love to sing. I love Look, I've been on tour a lot. I so you know, I I like being on the right with partners, with other people, with dads. Did you learn could you learn something from those tours that you're year old?
Speaker 3: Yes, And they're going to be much more fun when I'm doing that. You get to call the shot that's right, so good. Uh yeah, there's gonna be a lot more meditating.
Speaker 10: Than the ones I've been on. But I can't wait. I mean, I I love to sing. Uh But I I also you know, I put this great band together and they're just brilliant musicians, and I I love I just love music. So it's going to be fun to put this into a live setting too. And the album has a lot of different kind of music on it, so it'll be really yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's all it's kind of cross genre.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: Some big bags, and I would say, you know, it's everyone asked like, well, what is it?
Speaker 3: What type of me?
Speaker 10: It's like, I don't have I don't know how to put it into a category. But it's definitely gonna hit a lot of different areas.
Speaker 6: I think for people, you could be your own category.
Speaker 3: Well that's my hope.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that Usually it usually runs into pop, you know, which is funny because I was thinking about that and when people do a lot of cross genres, somehow it always ends up in the pop world.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't know, we'll find out to me that song sounded pop.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely there's like I would say, like on the album, there's like four more pop centric songs. Yeah, but then it's there's some rock and some American.
Speaker 3: I would say, do you play any instruments? I do t once. I do.
Speaker 10: I write on the piano, Okay, I can write on that. I do write a little bit on the guitar. I'm getting better on the guitar, but piano is by the main instrument. I'm not that excited about performing and playing, but I'll get there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 10: It's sort of like you know that talk about vulnerable. I mean, I don't know if I'm ready for the spotlight and the piano.
Speaker 4: Just start over right like the Grammys Live. She's just like, guys, let's start.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that right.
Speaker 4: Was good for her because you know they it's like the most amazing confidence I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: She is the best.
Speaker 4: She just like said stop, stop, let's do it right.
Speaker 10: Because they did it been the last time, remember, and it was like no this She's like, I'm not letting this happen again.
Speaker 4: But it's amazing, No, I know, I know. Kate Hudson with us. Thanks for coming in. It's always wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 4: We love staring at you while listening to your music. It's like it's like when artists coming with the music, we're like bobbing our head just looking at them in awe. Okay. The cool thing is like we just went from Kate Hudson talk about love coming to Next the Weekend, Ariana Grande and Jack Harlow. I mean, that's like you're in the same.
Speaker 2: Love fire with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 4: I was gonna do it for us here at Kiss FM this morning. Thank you for listening. If you missed anything. Kate Hudson was here debuting her record. If you missed the second date update, it's a ride chair driver who hooked up with a passenger and she decided to go out with him again after blowing them off. It's on our podcast up real soon on our iHeartRadio app tomorrow, We're back with a morning hack. This is the one. If you've got white sneakers that are really dirty, there's a great hack to clean them brilliantly to look brand new. And more Disneyland tickets for you. Have four packs of those all morning and all day on Kiss of M. Sisty will take you until eleven o'clock. Thank you, back room, Thank you Dania. It's just never great Tuesday. Bye, guys, thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow