Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Tom McKenzie and we're joined by Bloomberg's Equities with Ported Joe Eastern Morning Joe. Let's start with the hospitality group Whitbread Everything Premiere. But the share price it's seen.
Speaker 1: Yes, full credit to Lenny Henry for that on I think so he gets a shout out to Whipbreade So Whipbread shares they're down two point seven percent this morning, this after an update from the Premier in owner.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, it is the UK that's seeing the weak markets. The UK sales down around two percent in the latest court to some of their other regions actually doing pretty well. Germany had a big jump in their market revenue, so German up around thirteen percent, but kind of the UK woes continuing. It has been weak before, we sort of drop down in some of their summer volumes last year and it looks like that continues. But I think, you know, given the weather at the moment, surely those UK staycations are going to be popular over the next month or so, so maybe they'll get a.
Speaker 3: Boost coming out in London today.
Speaker 4: Who needs Malaga?
Speaker 1: No exactly, it's just me me. You can swapt Malaga for Margate, you know, perfect, that works.
Speaker 4: Joe Joe's heading to the beach this weekend. Clearly that the pubs will be will be busy as well, won't they a bit of a bit of a bit of a boost there to uh to the to the whining and dining sector. But there is a bit of a theme because in terms of in terms of the UK and some challenges, recruiters has always a kind of really good gauge in terms of what's happening in the labor market. We know that on a macro level the jobs market here unfortunately, is starting to soften a bit. Is this is the is the is the slump in the stock price for for Hayes today and linked to that? Or is there something else going on?
Speaker 1: Yes, I really enjoy actually getting these statements because they are, as you say, they're kind of a front runner of what's happening in the economy. Because these companies like Hayes Page they all see what's going on in the recruitment market, possibly before you even get the O Andes state. So Hayes today saying that they have seen another decline in their conditions, so tough conditions is what they're saying in the recruitment market, and List saying they expect to cut their earnings estments by more than twenty percent for this year and next given the declines in fees and also just not as many positions being advertised. So Hayes stopped absolutely slammed. To date it was down around fifteen percent, it's now down thirteen percent. Seeing Page Group dropping as well, that was down around eight percent. And also this spreading into Europe, so a Deco was a big one, down four percent. And also Ranstad so all the big names that went over in Amsterdam, all the big names taking notice of this, and really a rough day for recruitments this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that from Hayes and last, the European watchmakers are having a tough time. They seem to be suffering the same fate as other kind of luxury names too. I mean, watches were so hot for such a long time, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a continued theme as you say this, So it's Swiss watch exports falling by almost ten percent in May. Now that is led by a large dropping shipments to the US. That's potentially some indication of the trade war. But as you said there, Caroline, this has been a theme in terms of people kind of getting luxury fatigue and the aspirational buyers kind of moving away from purchases that they maybe would have done a year or two ago. So we're seeing Swatch declining that's done around two percent to Dave Richemont also lower and watched the Switzerland all of those stocks dropping this morning given this week data. So it's continued weakness and kind of, as I say, the aspirational luxury fatigue trade continuing hitting watches this morning.
Speaker 4: As you reach for your Rolex joke and I just have this as well because the clock is ticking on our segment here. But the SNB, the Swiss Natural Bank cutting is stress rates to zero percent, and Caroline was pointing out that the Swiss frank is up about eight percent versus the US dollar, so that may be also a factor they're cutting rates. Maybe puts a little bit more softness on occurrency. There's a really rallied as a safe havevorite and put pressure on those exported. It just makes those Swiss luxury watch is more expensive.
Speaker 3: I'm just delighted that you're trying to make me look smart with the comment.
Speaker 1: Delighted about the clock ticking on the watch segment as well.
Speaker 3: I got that, Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm just sorrt to give that, give that little credit.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android otto with the Bloomberg Business app.