Speaker 1: Welcome back to Golden Hour. I'm Kathy.
Speaker 2: And I'm Susan.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, sweet woman? How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Pretty good. A little better than last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to check in on you. So better than last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: On a scale of one to ten, where are you?
Speaker 5: Five. Okay.
Speaker 3: For those of you who didn't tune in last week, Susan broke up with Fred and she's been really struggling, but I, for one, just want to say, Bachelor Nation, you people are the best. You have been so supportive of what she's going through.
Speaker 2: And you took the words out of my mouth.
Speaker 6: I wanted to send out a special, special thank you for all the DMs, all the beautiful messages, sharing their stories with me.
Speaker 2: There's so many similar ones, Kathy. I was quite surprised. giving me their phone number. I could call them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, God.
Speaker 3: We both got an email. I don't know, that woman, she's coming on the cruise, and she's sending me. We're like best friends. We have a date for a drink on the boat in November.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for all your support. It's never easy doing what I did.
Speaker 6: But with that being said, we're going to move on because we have two very special guests this week. Please help me welcome Golden Ash. Bachelorette alum, Jordan, and his beautiful girlfriend, Emily.
Speaker 2: Man, are you pretty.
Speaker 1: Hi, guys.
Speaker 4: Hi, thanks.
Speaker 5: Hey, thank you for having us. And she is so pretty, right?
Speaker 2: She is, Jordan. Yeah, you lucked out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Susan, I would.
Speaker 7: Like to echo, you know, my sentiments with you and I chatted a little bit how, you know, how heartbreak is the worst thing.
Speaker 5: Nobody, none of us escape it.
Speaker 7: So you just have to kind of fight through it, and I know you're a champion anyway, you're a fighter, and the sun will shine again, for sure.
Speaker 6: I know it will. I'm going to have my happy once again. So I have so many questions. First of all, I need all the details. How did you meet? How long has it been?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I could start with that.
Speaker 7: So when the show was going on, so this is 2024 in the fall, I was invited to a bear game, and we got to go on the field, field passes, and As the show was still on, we were getting a little bit of attention. You know, people were like waving to the crowd and we went and sat on the sideline or stood on the sideline.
Speaker 5: And there was kind of a.
Speaker 7: Make a wish family there that was on the sideline and was getting some attention. And I kind of spoke with them a little bit and we were getting pictures with other people.
Speaker 5: And then she talked to Emily. Well, okay.
Speaker 6: I'll tell my, I'll tell my, you were on the sidelines too, Emily.
Speaker 4: So, um, I was kind of hosting, I was escorting this. It was the champion of the game family. It's like kind of like a make a wish family. And the gal, her name is Heather. She was like, who is those guys that people are taking pictures with? And I looked and I was like, Oh my gosh, I think those guys are on the golden bachelor, the golden bachelorette. And, um, I honestly, I was like, I couldn't remember their names necessarily, but I had been watching. I was a few episodes behind. So I'm like, I know those guys are on it. And so Heather was like, let's go, like, let's go over there and like take pictures with them. And I was like, okay. So we went over there and my parents were also watching the show. And so Heather was like, you should take a picture with them. Cause she was on this mission that she was going to like set me up with someone. And so she's like, take a picture with them. And so I'm like, can I take a picture with you guys? Which is so funny because I like don't do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, it's crazy. Cause now that I know her, you know, she's been with the bears and I know the role. Like, she never takes.
Speaker 7: There's real people that she should take a picture with, not me.
Speaker 5: So the fact that she took a picture with me was... It was meant to be. It was some sort of meant to be.
Speaker 2: Everything happened for a reason, right?
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Because then Heather... Well, you tell this part now.
Speaker 5: But that she.
Speaker 4: So Heather was like... Which part? She's single.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 5: She's like, she's single.
Speaker 7: I just said to Emily, I go, if you, you know, tag me in that post if you put something up or send me the picture.
Speaker 5: So that, you know, later that night, she sent me the picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right? And then.
Speaker 7: We had a little back and forth chat. And then a week later, there was another football game. The Bears had another home game. And Emily had a friend in town. And after the game, it just turns out, by coincidence, we live like a block away from each other.
Speaker 2: Yes. How convenient.
Speaker 5: It was a huge factor in actually getting together a lot. So she's like, hey, my friend's in town. Why don't you meet us for a drink after the game?
Speaker 6: And I did.
Speaker 5: And as soon as we met like that, you know, kind of off the field, like in person, it was Immediately we had a connection.
Speaker 7: We had some energy. We were laughing. And if you know me, you guys know me a little bit. I'm a bit of a goof. So it was just a fun, low-key, really first-time encounter.
Speaker 4: And then we hung out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then that week was crazy because then we hung out like four different times.
Speaker 4: Four out of five days.
Speaker 2: Because you couldn't help it. You just had to be near him, right? I know that feeling.
Speaker 3: Wait, so much for the three-day rule, I just want to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no three-day rule.
Speaker 6: So you, you kind of answered this question already. You did watch his season.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I started, you know, I'm sure this happens to you as you start and then you get behind and you're like, I can't catch up now. I'm too far behind. So I was, I was behind a few episodes. I had known, I remember watching the show and I remember thinking, and I feel like other people have said this since we met too, I felt like, He doesn't belong on the show. And how I felt, I remember thinking like, that's too young for the show. So I remember thinking, of course, that he was quite handsome from watching it. But then when we had our first date, I was like, okay, I better watch and see what happens. So I fast forwarded and watched his like five minutes.
Speaker 2: Just in case he was taken.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 4: That way I could at least say.
Speaker 5: We can, we can, we can, she can catch up then to what's actually happening in my, in my life and my daughter. Cause that first week actually was Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: And my daughter, my oldest daughter was in town and my youngest daughter, we all go out for like drinks around Thanksgiving. And I invited Emily to go. And it was a little crazy because like, who's bringing, you know, the, Yeah.
Speaker 5: First week. And she's like, you're writing all your dates, meeting your kids in the first week? And I'm like, no, it's just, you know, easy. It's loose. It's fun. It's not, you know, nothing too serious.
Speaker 2: No, he's good that way.
Speaker 5: But it's funny.
Speaker 7: So a funny story on our actual first date, we went to play ping pong.
Speaker 5: So Emily is a very confident girl.
Speaker 4: I'm competitive.
Speaker 5: Competitive, confident.
Speaker 7: So she was talking, I don't know how it came up, but she was talking shit about... that she can beat me in pretty much anything. I'm like, well, let's go play ping pong.
Speaker 1: I'm like- I like your style, Emily. I like your style.
Speaker 7: I'll play you a ping pong, because ping pong's one of my games. So we went on a ping pong date, and we got a table. I mean, needless to say that, you know, we were the champion there.
Speaker 4: He also didn't tell me that he was, like, an actual ping pong player.
Speaker 5: I'm not. I'm just a good ping pong player.
Speaker 4: She over-talked her game in ping pong.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 3: I want to know, did you smear her? Like, did you get a letter, get a one point at least?
Speaker 5: No, she can get a few points, but I wasn't going to play. Oh, oh, you're so good. Kind of routine. That's not my, not my game. What made it interesting was our first, it's our first official date. We're sitting at a table. Uh, you get a little table and you drink some food and then you play ping pong. And this couple next to us came over and made friends with us. Like, you know, what are you guys doing? Bah, bah, bah, bah, bah, back and forth banter.
Speaker 7: Uh, they leave and then, you know, the bill comes for us and I, you know, it's our first date.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to be cool. And I look at the bill. I'm like, this doesn't seem right. This seems like a little high for our wages over. And I'm like, are you sure this is okay? Which is embarrassing to do on a first date. Like I'm already questioning the money. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the table next to us put all their stuff, food and drinks on our bill and skedaddled.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't make you pay. Did they?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: But it was a little bit of a, you know, they came over and, I don't know, they eventually didn't make us pay, but it took a little while.
Speaker 6: I wonder if that's like a scam that those people do, like, regularly.
Speaker 3: No, Susan, they just figured, they just targeted them. Of course it's a scam.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Those two look like they don't know what they're doing, so let's scam them. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 6: So when you saw him on TV, Emily, did you ever imagine I'm going to date this man?
Speaker 4: I'm going to fall in love with this man. 0.0.0% chance. Like no way. And the fact that like Jordan mentioned, we live so close to each other and like I run on the Lake shore and like he walks the dog on the Lake shore. I play volleyball at North app. He plays volleyball at North app. So we're like, The fact that, like, we hadn't crossed paths.
Speaker 1: I know, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah. Bizarre.
Speaker 7: Even though it's, yeah, I mean, now that you, if you had seen me, maybe you would have been like, you know, somehow we would have connected, but probably not.
Speaker 2: She had to see you on TV.
Speaker 5: I was out of the demographic of the age demographic that she probably was looking for.
Speaker 2: That's true. And we'll definitely get into that.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're definitely going to get into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What has been the best part of your relationship so far?
Speaker 4: Oh, wow. It's either me or you answer.
Speaker 5: I mean, I just think that the fact that we... we have this this commonality of you know now that we're our friends are friends together and our families and like we the activities that we now can do that I was doing by myself that we now do together and it's just you know you know one and two you know, one plus one makes two, but it really makes five. You know, it's just really, it really expanded both of our lives so much, you know, more than, you know, more than you can put a number on it. It just was, it's been really, really fun.
Speaker 7: I've brought her into things that I do and she's bringing me into her world and you combine those two worlds.
Speaker 5: And it's just, it's just been fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think too, to jump off of that, like sometimes you're in a relationship and it feels like okay, I got to like make time for this person. We have to make sure that we like schedule dates. Otherwise, when are we going to see each other? But I feel like he's been so like additive to my life versus like adding something else to my plate. It's like, he makes my life happier and better and easier. And just like in general.
Speaker 2: Better, um, which that's beautiful. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, it's so true. And so like, we just have so much fun and like, we'll be like, so I had to stay, um, at a hotel a lot the last couple of weeks for Bears training camp. And so we'll only get to see each other once a week or so. And it's like, I get so excited. Like, oh my gosh, we get to see each other tonight. And it's been almost two years. And to still feel those like butterflies and like excitement to be with each other, I think like is very special. Something I've never had before.
Speaker 6: And you mentioned that your parents have met.
Speaker 5: Yes. Well, not my parents.
Speaker 7: My parents are gone, but I've met her parents several times now.
Speaker 5: There probably was a little.
Speaker 7: Hesitancy or maybe some questioning on their side at first.
Speaker 2: Because of the age difference?
Speaker 5: It makes sense.
Speaker 3: Emily, did they actually ask you? I mean, what did they actually say? When you say hesitancy, what happened?
Speaker 7: Well, I know that they were questioning Emily on, you know, is she going to have to take care of me, you know, when I'm an old man? Or, you know, like, is this really what you want? I mean, you could speak to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I think, like, at first, so one of the reasons why I took the picture with Jordan is because, like, my dad and stepmom were watching the show, and they watched the You Ladies on New Year's season as well. And so I called my dad, and I'm like, I think I'm going to go on a date with Jordan. And he's like, and my stepmom was on, they're like, oh. what like we love Tim that's gonna be so much fun and so then after they're like how'd it go like tell us and I'm like you guys it was actually great like we're gonna hang out again and I and then like again and again and so I think after like a couple weeks they were like wait this is not just like one date like this is pretty serious.
Speaker 2: There's something happening yeah like.
Speaker 4: They're like this isn't um this isn't just like you're doing this just to like do this one time um And so I think like at first they were just like, okay, like there's, this is a big age difference. Is this, yeah. Is this what you want? We know like this is what you've wanted. And are you going to be able to have what you want if this is the person you're with? And I'm like, we're, we're having, we love each one. We didn't love each other yet, but I'm like, we're having so much fun together. Like I don't need to think about 10 years from now, right now, like right now it's just, we're just having fun. And then, as we got more and more serious and my parents spent more and more time with him and my sister and my niece and my friends, and they're all like, like, don't let him go. Like you, like, he's great. And I think, yeah, just want him over.
Speaker 2: We want everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm curious, Emily, or one of you said that, um, I think you said, Emily, you said he was too young to be on The Golden Bachelorette. When did you actually find out how old Jordan is?
Speaker 4: I think I Googled him right before our date.
Speaker 5: Does she even know now? I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I've been hiding a few things from her.
Speaker 3: Oh, spill, Jordan. Don't hang that in front of me, Jordan. You know I'll go down that road.
Speaker 7: I can understand, certainly from her dad's side. I'm a father of three daughters, so If one of my daughters was dating a man quite a bit older than her, it would give me some cause for concern.
Speaker 5: And then I'd obviously have to meet him and spend time with him to make sure those were taken seriously. And we can quell that and make sure he's the kind of person I want for my daughter. So hopefully I've done that job with her dad.
Speaker 4: They talk all the time.
Speaker 5: He's become a good friend, yeah.
Speaker 1: They're buddies.
Speaker 3: So I have a couple of questions here. The age difference is what, 23? How many years are you apart?
Speaker 1: 23.
Speaker 3: And you have children, you just said, Jordan. I don't know the ages of your kids, but I'm guessing they're close in age to Emily?
Speaker 5: Well, six years is the year.
Speaker 1: My daughter is 34 and Emily is 40.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So what did your kids say? Because I also have three children, and I'm just curious, what did your kids say when you started dating, and especially now that it's so serious?
Speaker 5: Sure. If it was ever going to get serious, my kids would have to buy in. There's no question about it. I'm really involved with my girls.
Speaker 7: And like I said, my oldest daughter, Allie, and Jamie, they met Emily a few days into our relationship. We were at a bar for Thanksgiving together. And we were all just having a good time. And then it was just kind of loose. And like, here's this, here's this woman I met, she's going to hang out with us. And then it more evolved into, you know, you know, who, you know, is she going to be part of our family?
Speaker 5: I said, we don't know. We're just dating. We're having a good time.
Speaker 7: But my girls are either kind of, they're almost like either they love you, they hate you kind of thing.
Speaker 5: And they're very protective of me.
Speaker 1: That sounds like my kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If they, if they smelled anything nefarious in Emily, they would have sniffed it out and And they would not have been shy about telling me they're not into her.
Speaker 5: Dad, this is not going to work. But it's been great.
Speaker 3: So are you saying, in short, they have totally bought into your relationship?
Speaker 5: Absolutely. They've totally bought into it. And I would say you're close with the girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I could cry thinking about it because I'm so thankful for the relationship I have with them. They're so great and wonderful. I really might cry thinking about it because it wouldn't work out if I didn't get along with them. But we have our own relationships and Jamie's getting married in a little over a month and she's let me be part of a lot of things for the wedding that's just been really special. And same with my family buying in with him. So I feel like there's a lot of things that could have prevented us from being with each other with our families not approving, but like they do. And so I feel really thankful for that.
Speaker 6: So let's let everybody know a little bit more about you, Emily. Where did you, did you grow up in Chicago?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 4: I grew up in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: In Minnesota.
Speaker 4: So that's where my family is. I moved to Chicago in 2023. So fairly new when we met, I'd only been, or no, 2022.
Speaker 3: 2022.
Speaker 4: Um, I'd only been here, I hadn't been here very long. And so, um, I don't, I didn't have like a really established like friend group and family. I don't have any family here. Um, so that's been another piece. It's been wonderful to have his family now be my family. Yes.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Were you dating at all?
Speaker 6: Not yet.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 4: I was on the apps. Yeah, I was. I mean, of course everyone says, Oh, it happens when you're least expecting it. It happens when you're not looking for it. And I'm like, Oh, it's true.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's not true.
Speaker 6: But, but in your case, she was hosting a family and there he was.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go hang out at a ballpark.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, you're welcome to come to a game.
Speaker 3: I'd love to come to Chicago. Let me ask both of you. what would you say is the biggest difference you've found between dating someone older or younger versus dating some year old, your own age?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Emily, obviously Jordan, you were married. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Emily, if you've had other serious relationships with, when the, when they were closer to your age, but what, what would you guys say is the biggest difference?
Speaker 5: Okay. I'll go first. Okay.
Speaker 4: Um, I have had, yeah, so I was married, um, prior, um, and I've dated men, my age, I've never dated, I've never had an age gap relationship before. This is my first one. So it wasn't something that I have, like, I'm a habitual, like older men. Um, but I think for me, the biggest difference is just like, and I don't know, I always say this to Jordan, like, I don't know if this is Jordan or if this is the age difference. He's just like, doesn't play any games. He's very just like straightforward and honest. And like, he's also doesn't, not only doesn't he play games, but he's not, he's not going to like get into like a game match of like, oh, you're going to do this. Well, I'm going to do this. Or you're going to, you're going to have a bad attitude. I'm going to have a bad attitude. Like he, he's just like very even keeled and like keeps me like grounded. Like if I, like if I'm crabby, he'll, he'll be like, I think you're hungry. And he'll like, give me food versus like, I'm going to give you attitude back. So again, I don't know if that is the age difference, Kathy, or if it's just Jordan.
Speaker 3: But, Well, also I think, um, I didn't know that you had been married Emily before. Um, and obviously you learn, you know, we learn a lot from prior relationships, whether they're marriage or just other relationships.
Speaker 1: Um, what about you, Jordan?
Speaker 7: Well, I would just speak, you know, kind of going on that, like I have learned that when I was dating to try and be, there's a lot of game playing out.
Speaker 5: There with everybody. And I just wanted to be straight up all the time, even on the apps and you're trying to get answers. And I'm like, I'm not, you know, you just want to get cut through.
Speaker 7: All that nonsense, but people have all these walls up and they keep, you know, make it difficult for you to get to know them or they're being shady. So I just always wanted to try to be straight up. This is, this is kind of how I feel. This is what I'm thinking and not play into any insecurities you might have or not trying to, make myself bigger by these people are into me, this girl, anything like that.
Speaker 3: So you're saying dating younger women you had, because I hope men are listening to you, Jordan.
Speaker 1: Stop playing the games.
Speaker 3: But you're saying when you had dated younger women, I'm sorry, are you saying that when you dated women your own age, there was these games?
Speaker 7: I never really dated younger women. Like I said, I didn't know how old Emily was when I saw her on the sideline.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: Active, tall girl. And tall. Yeah, she's a tall girl.
Speaker 1: How tall are you, Emily?
Speaker 4: I'm almost six feet.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, bless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I, you know, I never dated a tall girl either. So there.
Speaker 1: Are you taller than Jordan?
Speaker 4: No, thankfully.
Speaker 5: I'm six. I was six three. I think Donna's six two now.
Speaker 6: It just goes to show you that it wasn't an age thing right away. They had chemistry. It doesn't matter how old, how much difference there is. Until you get to the part, which I'm sure we're going to cover, whether she wants children or, you know, that's when it becomes something to talk about. And to act juvenile, like you were saying, Emily, he does it because he is mature. He's been there and done that. What you see is what you get, and that's what I love about it.
Speaker 7: Like maturity can be you know, thought of in different ways. In that respect, I am mature. But, like, I also like to be, you know, easy and not, don't take myself so seriously or don't take things so seriously, which might be construed as less mature than, I don't know, than someone.
Speaker 5: Else my age. So I think it comes off a different way, but I am.
Speaker 4: You're young at heart.
Speaker 5: I'm young at heart, and I'm young in actions, and I'm not, like, trying to pretend. I'm just, like, I'm not going to.
Speaker 7: Take things too seriously and, you know, and act all crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm just, it is what it is. We take it and we move on, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: So okay you mentioned quickly before we get into this you know family stuff um you mentioned that your friends are friends i'm curious um what your friends like is there when i think of dating someone who's a lot younger. I think about just cultural things like music or movies, things that are generational. And I'm curious how that all has affected your relationship and your friends. I mean, is it all just one big happy family with the friends as well?
Speaker 4: I think your first question about the generational differences, that's definitely... where we see it the most is like music and movies like cause and I think not only is it generational but like I like country music and he doesn't. So like, I don't think that's necessarily generational, but like music for sure. And then movies for sure.
Speaker 7: So like every guy I, or most guys, I, you know, I remember a lot of movie quotes and I drop them in certain situations and she doesn't necessarily know a lot of.
Speaker 4: Those, but she's.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I feel like we have a lot together.
Speaker 4: We do have a lot of funny ones that we share, but like, even when we were with, um, the bachelor guys this weekend, they were like doing quotes from blues brothers. And I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But I got news, Emily. I barely know what that is. And my kids, my, my particular, my middle son is a movie quote guy. And my, my two boys are, and they would say things. I was like, where does that come from? And, you know, again, just generation. Yeah. I know I didn't watch it, but you know, they, So I get that.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 5: As far as music, like I said, I don't think it's so much generational.
Speaker 7: It's more that she's more a country music, and I love every type of music except country.
Speaker 2: Well, Emily, I love country.
Speaker 1: Even country pop.
Speaker 2: The new stuff is pretty good, Jordan.
Speaker 5: I know. It's growing on me.
Speaker 2: You'll come around.
Speaker 1: You'll come around. I love country, Emily. If you ever need a partner to go to, I love it. I love country music.
Speaker 4: I'm very interested in it.
Speaker 5: I'm very interested. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I grew up in Massachusetts where no one listened to country music, but I live in Texas and I've just grown to love it. Jordan, Susan and I talk about this all the time. I'm 73. I don't feel it.
Speaker 1: I'm very active. I get it. Obviously, you guys had children.
Speaker 3: Susan and I talk a lot on our podcast about dating and being in a relationship obviously at your age is different because you guys we touched on this a little bit you're both at different stages.
Speaker 1: In your life so I want to know.
Speaker 3: What life looks like when you're individually in different stages give me a flavor of what a day in your life looks like.
Speaker 5: Me, personally?
Speaker 1: Both of you.
Speaker 5: Oh, so what is a day? A day in the life? For me, I get up and the first thing I do, I walk the dog, take a nice long walk with my dog down by the lakefront.
Speaker 4: And I drive an hour plus to work.
Speaker 2: It's an hour? Where do you guys live?
Speaker 1: Why do you live an hour from work?
Speaker 4: Well, we live down in the city and I work in Lake Forest, which is another.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know where that is.
Speaker 4: So I drive an hour to work.
Speaker 3: So, Emily, I'm not exactly sure what your title is, but tell us what you do.
Speaker 4: My title is Vice President of Events and Hospitality for the Chicago.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And I get what that is because my daughter runs the foundation for Austin FC, the soccer team here. So I get what you do. It's a lot of responsibility. In fact, Caitlin got to march around with Matthew McConaughey last night at the stadium. Really?
Speaker 1: He's a part owner, so that's her job.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 7: Anyway, when you bring up Matthew McConaughey, I just saw a quote from him that we said about children are like immortality for you.
Speaker 5: I just saw that. He just said that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that.
Speaker 5: I really liked it. He's like, I have these children. They're like my legacy. They're my immortality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. I love that. So, Emily, you're, I would say, fairly early in your career, would you say?
Speaker 4: And my 15th season.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow.
Speaker 3: So you started right out of school.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yep.
Speaker 4: I did my first year out of college. I was with the Seattle Seahawks. And then I spent 10 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: Um, and then so, wow.
Speaker 3: So, so sports is your world, Jordan, you're obviously much closer to retirement. Um, so I, I take it that you're doing a lot of the household things.
Speaker 5: I do do the cooking. So also I have like, I run a pickleball league.
Speaker 7: I have, I've done some consulting and some modeling and, and different things like that, along with let's say running the house for now. Um, and then like Emily works long hours. So she would come home and just eat two scoops of peanut butter for dinner. So I.
Speaker 3: That's my girl. I'm right there with you, Emily. That's what I had last night with some rice.
Speaker 7: But, you know, after my kids are gone, I did most of the cooking for my family. And then still, I would still make an occasional really fun, good meal for myself.
Speaker 5: But... Now that I have someone to cook for, I've got my cooking game back on.
Speaker 7: So I love that she loves my food on top of it.
Speaker 4: He's literally the best chef.
Speaker 5: It's really fun. Maybe Susan and I can have like a cook-off. Like a chopped.
Speaker 1: Version of chopped.
Speaker 3: Only if Emily and I can try the food.
Speaker 1: That's her cook-off.
Speaker 5: Cooking show.
Speaker 2: So where about, are you near Wrigley Field where you live?
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Um, we're not too, well, we're not too far from Wrigley field, but we're really closer than Navy pier.
Speaker 5: Yeah. We live downtown, right? It's like by the river in the, in the lake.
Speaker 2: My ex used to play for the Cubs. So I know Chicago a little bit. It's been years, but yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. That's really cool. Yeah. We went, we, I went with the bachelors to the cub game the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We, yes, I saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So did they win?
Speaker 7: No, but what's interesting is the, uh, The Cardinals brought up a rookie that day, first day in the majors, and he had three home runs, which is the first time it's ever been done in baseball history.
Speaker 2: Good for him. Good for him.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I want to skip back. So obviously you guys have a good rhythm. It sounds like you have a good rhythm. You're doing a lot of the house things.
Speaker 1: You're cooking.
Speaker 3: Emily, you go off to work, hour drive.
Speaker 1: God love you. Every day. Do you guys... finances.
Speaker 3: Like these are the things that when, when Susan and I were young or Jordan, maybe your first marriage, you know, we were, we were young. We were saving to buy our first house. We, you know, those things we were saving to buy a house. We were figuring out how to have kids and raise them and all those kinds of things. When you're in a young marriage and you're both young, obviously it looks a lot different for you guys. Um, so, um, Are finances an issue for you guys? Do you talk.
Speaker 1: About that a lot? Do you talk about... buying a home? How does that look for your relationship?
Speaker 2: Okay, everyone. That's all for part one. Stay tuned for part two dropping tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Bye-bye.