Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. Welcome in to the pod cast Dojo, no days off, no days off. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio eight days a week, as we are in the air everywhere and Danny, this is the Sunday Podcast. And because the penny, Now, this is not the official NBC penny which now bought the rights to Benny Versus the Penny for this season. Not that, but it still is a this is this the penny that you had for last year's version of Benny Versus the Penny?
Speaker 3: Is this NBC penny? No, I use the old Fox Sports Radio, old studio.
Speaker 1: Penny O that fanlassic it is.
Speaker 3: It's a vintage coin that I flipped on yesterday's podcast and it told us to do the pop goes the culture this morning.
Speaker 1: Well there you go, perfect, all right, So we will do pop. Pop goes to the culture that we must give. We must give the proper due to our man. Ohio Wow, what do you say? Right to it? We go thanks to Ohio Al we love him. If we need any imaging, Danny, we work at a major audio company, but we go to Ohio. Oh yeah, that's our guy. He's a great singer. The company likes his rate. By the way, ohioo, the company likes your rate. They are big fans of Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it a nonprofit tax right off for him?
Speaker 1: Well, that depends on how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go when it comes to the taxes. It depends on what kind of account you have, because conceivably everything could be a tax right off, right if you really want to not anipicks or nippick things. So pop goes to culture. A very popular chain of restaurants, which is global, being called out for false advertising. That would be McDonald's. McDonald's is being called out. Why they have this thing called the dollar menu, and what is missing from the dollar menu, Danny, would you like to take a guess, what do you think is missing from the dollar menu.
Speaker 3: Oh, for a few years now, there's been nothing on the menu that actually cost a dollar.
Speaker 1: Ding ding n ning d n d n ding. Yes, the Mega McDonald's. They've had this dollar menu for years now. Originally everything was a dollar, but then the price of food went up, so they said, okay, we'll have three different tiers. We'll have the one dollar, the two dollars, the three dollar and now they have nothing, nothing in the one dollar area. So McDonald's was asked about this in some pr hack for mcdonald' said, we built this new menu with variety and value firmly in mind. The menu is the first time McDonald's has included the popular happy meal at the three dollar level. And blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Uh and so yeah, people are ripping apart Mickey these They're like, what's going on. I know, if I want a sausage McMuffin with egg or the classic chicken sandwich and the cheeseburg and the triple cheeseburg, that's gonna be three dollars. I know that they've got the two dollars portion, but the the one dollar, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you Ben too. It's a little disappointing. You know, we're not up usually at the hours of McDonald's breakfast. But a few weeks ago, when I was dealing with the hospital for obvious reasons, the WiFi and I went through the drive through and we're like, well, we're on our way to the hospital, we'll get some breakfast, a nice, warm breakfast from McDonald's.
Speaker 1: But it was ten oh one, and you're screwed? Is that what?
Speaker 3: I oh? For two people? How much do you think of breakfast?
Speaker 1: Was well, if you're going to a nice restaurant'd be breat pricey. But at McDonald's, I don't know, two people, it's fast food. What do I think it should cost? How did you buy a full breakfast or did you just buy a couple of items?
Speaker 3: Now we just got a couple of items in a drink.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, I know, fifteen twenty bucks something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try thirty two dollars.
Speaker 1: Fesh, thirty two bucks for that? Did you get it covered in gold?
Speaker 3: It is ridiculously priced down. You might as well go to I hoop and sit down for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, all right, Well, so anyway, Insider searched McDonald's locations across the US. They used the mobile app. They went to a store in southern California, and they did not find any item at one dollar on the menu. Not one. They went to a place in Orange, almost everything listed on the value menu was priced close to three dollars, except soft drinks and sweet tea. Those two aems sold for a dollar twenty nine. But that's just powder and carbonation, right, that's all that is. Yeah, get the tea bag treatment, literally the tea bag treatment. There. So the McChicken was one dollar in twenty eighteen. It is now priced at two dollars and thirty nine cents. So that's some inflation for your ass. Yeah, man, that's crazy, all right? What is next to pop? Goes the culture? Well, here's an odd story, Danny out of Canada, sadness and frustration. Prisoners in Canada would like to spend more time in jail. Why. Well, according to the story bouncing around here, they say that.
Speaker 4: The issue is Canada's got a housing crisis, and so it's it's so difficult in certain parts of Canada find a place to stay.
Speaker 1: They're like, can we stay longer? We'd like to be incarcerated for a little bit longer. We like, are the Canadian jails really nice? I don't how would you know? By the way, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm guessing that they're nicer than ours if people want to stay there longer.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is in the Toronto area of Canada. So I'd rather be behind bars than do that. That's what I would rather do. Now. My favorite story. I'm sure you guys talked about this on Covino and Ridge. I even talked about it on the radio show. But it's so good, it's such a wonderful story I need to also talk about it here again. It was my favorite story of the week, Danny on the radio show. The Nebraska guy driving around with a bowl, not just a small bowl, a watusi bowl named Howdy Dooty in the passengers seat. To me, this is a perfect story. This is a ten. If it was a sports card, it would be rated perfect. Just some guy in Nebraska pulled over for driving down a highway highway two seventy five and this how many pounds do you think that bowl weighs? It looks like it probably weighs about eight hundred pounds. It's a massive.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, it looks like a two thousand pounds bull.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're probably right. I went eight hundred is probably probably much bigger. The video. This thing has come completely viral Howdy Dowty, how do you do? Uh? And there is nearly three million views thousands of a repost. So I have learned Danny some intel from one of our listeners on the Overnight Show who tells me that Howdy Dowty is Internet famous and was already Internet famous because of because of Reddit. That apparently the guy that owns Howdy Dowty, the guy that put Howdy duty in the car and Jerry rigged the car where they took half the car away and all that that this guy's been posting stuff or people have been posting photos about this guy online and he's become well. No, I had never seen this before, but man, is that cool? And the bull didn't seem to care. You think that bull was drugged? What do you think? Ben?
Speaker 3: Maybe this bull was just lullabide to sleep by riding in the car. Because one thing I've been finding out as a new parent is the reason why a lot of people strap their kids in a car seat and drive them around in circles in their neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kids always fall asleep, right, that's like the perfect sound of the background noise. It's like perfect wonderful. Whenever the car stops, the kids starts screaming.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work on planes, though, I've noticed that it doesn't like kids starts screaming when they're a little sleep on plane. But the automobile, good to go? Next up on pop goes. The culture is just twelve percent of Americans, mostly men. Here's a story shaming us for eating meat. Twelve percent of Americans, mostly men, are eating half of our beefs apply, according to a new report. And so like, who cares? Like, why is that a big deal? People trying to shame you. You shouldn't be eating meat? You twelve percent of Neanderthals? What's wrong with you? I don't get that one. Do you get that one? I don't get that one.
Speaker 3: Well, as my grandma would say, if she was still alive, this country has gone to hell in a handbasket. The other thing she would say about that is there's a reason we have sharp teeth.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, I agree. I agree with the taker your your grandma's take I'm right there. Absolutely. Well, here's a story we put in Popco's The Culture because of your situation, Danny. There's a study out that claims it takes new fathers two years to feel happy, two years in their relationship again after the birth of their child. So, Danny, I ask you, is this true for you? Are you going to have to weigh another you know, almost two years because you're baby G has only been around for a few weeks here, right, how old? How many weeks has baby G been around?
Speaker 3: He is four weeks old?
Speaker 1: Now, oh so that's that's a month, right, he's a month old? Yeah, yeah, very cool. I like that you celebrate every month when you're little, and then as you get older it's like, yeah, not so much. Yeah exactly. You want to ignore the months that are going by. Yeah, two years to feel happy a relationship again after their child is born.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this sounds like a trap. To quote Star Wars, it's a trap. Don't comment on this story anywhere where there's a mother nearby.
Speaker 1: Can and likely will be used against you in the court of a relationship. Yeah, you got that to look forward to. This is more of a science story, but I'll mention it here it says that that the one billion people will die from climate change by the year twenty one hundred, So that means in the next seventy seven years, which, by the way, I think the number is higher than that, because this is like that COVID bullshit, where anybody that died in twenty twenty died of COVID pretty much, right. There were people who died in automobile access then COVID, that kind of ridiculousness that was going on in some places. But there will be a billion people that die by twenty one hundred because that's just the lifespan of people as certain age. You're not going to live another seventy seven years. I'll be dead by twenty one hundred. I assume, Danny, you're not going to be making it to twenty one hundred, right, So it's like, that's a bullshit thing to me, RoboCop, I'm going to get some computerized parts, man, that's the plan. I will live forever and ever. And well, I missed this. This week, sciences believe a wormhole may have opened up over California. But that a wormhole, eh, so I missed that. Where do you think the wormhole is you think like in Fresno, What do you think? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would say chow Chilla, California.
Speaker 1: It's even better. No, no, no, they say. Scientists on the History Channel believe a wormhole may have appeared at a UFO hotspot over Catalina Island in California.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I love Catalina. Yeah, I'm all for.
Speaker 3: The It's where the Wrigleys used to hold court.
Speaker 1: That's right, the Chicago Cubs old spring training home there and where the Buffalo roam. Because of a movie, they brought Buffalo there and it was they ran they ran out, the budget ran out, and they had you know, they we talked about this on the podcast. They ran out of money. They were fanning on returning to Buffalo, couldn't afford it. Sorry, Buffalo are staying. Buffalo had little buffaloes then, Yeah, it's like three or four generations of buffaloes have lived on that island. Well, actually, I'm probably gonna go back to Catalina Island here soon, so I'll tell the wife. Hey, let's see if we can find that that wormhole. That'd be kind of cool. Maybe we can go to another dimension. Have big eyes. Let's get to the actual mail bag.
Speaker 3: What do you say, Danny, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's bang. Thank you, Ohio Al. First up Kevin in Kansas, right Sin. Now Kevin's the teacher. But now Kevin's done teaching, so he's living his best life, he says, Ben. Could you relate to the story about your meeting with Don Rickles, He says, Danny, did you have any similar encounter with a comedian? Thanks for the great podcast. That's Kevin. Thank you Kevin. You have to let us know Kevin too. You said that you weren't sure how this whole retirement from teaching thing was going to go. You had to wait a few weeks when school was going on. So schools in most places. I don't know about Kansas, but I think it started. And I know it's Labor Day weekend here and all that, but let us know what's going So to answer your question about Don Rickles, when I was a kid, I went to a family bar mitzvah, and it just happened to be at this sge it actually it was in Woodland Hills out in the San Fernando Valley, if I remember correctly, And I was a little kid, like I was a child, but I still remember this because my parents had heard Don Rickles was at this place, not even for the bar mitsva I was at in another room there was a different bar Mits. So my Mom's like, hey, I should go up to Don Rickles. I didn't know who Don Rickles was. You know, you might I know, if you're listening, you might know who's Don Rickles, the famous comedian for a millionaires. And he was a critic, right. His whole shtick was to rip people, right.
Speaker 3: Danny, Yeah, he talked a lot of shit. He was good at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was his his misery. Guys. I I was a little fat kid and Don Rickles was in They had a little coat room at the front of this building where people obviously drop off your coats and hats and stuff like that, which is it was always odd to me why they had that in California because it doesn't get that cold. How often does that thing used?
Speaker 3: But whatever, So I'm a richard and famous ben don't ask questions.
Speaker 1: So I went in there and Don was getting uh, I don't know what he was getting, but but I you know, I didn't know what to say. I looked at him, and he he looked at me and he gave me this look, who's this fat kid? You know that kind of He gave me that kind of look, and then Heed he patted me on the head and then that was it. So my interaction with Don Rickles, uh, not very memorable, but for my parents it seemed like a big deal because he used to go on Johnny Carson, which was like the big show on you know, NBC at night and all that everyone was watching Johnny Carson. Have you had any similar encounters where a comedian patted you on the head, Danny that from Kevin or a similar encounter with a comedian.
Speaker 3: Nah, where I'm from in southern California as a little kid and then up to the Bay Area after that. The biggest celebrity we met was Ronald McDonald. Remember back when McDonald's would have those play days where the all the characters would be there at the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'd been hanging out with Grimace and Hamburgler. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man in the hood of rialto California. That was some excitement. My mom would bring us to the McDonald's to stand in line to get Ronald McDonald's autograph. And here's what Ronald McDonald did though this guy who was playing the character. We were tiny kids, so I thought it was really Ronald McDonald, but he was having a very bad day. He stepped on my older brother's foot with his big red clawd hopper, and my older brother's crying because Ronald McDonald stepped on him. And so my mom said to him, hey, you jerk, watch what you're doing. And he turned around and he tried to say something to my mom and she told him, if you say another word, I'm gonna slap that makeup off of your face.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my mom almost kicked Ronald McDonald's ass.
Speaker 1: Who are being a story? But no social media back then? Right that way, on social media, that would be like a million dollar story.
Speaker 3: Be great, he could assume McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Oh, you would own like three franchises at least by this point, Mike in Fullerton writes, and he says, hello, Ben and Danny g. Before I say anything, I need to stand up and applaud you guys for landing the elusive Brian Billock. It couldn't have been easy to reel that legend in. Well done, Brian Billick, Brian Billock us. So now that the hunt for Billick's finally over. Who's the Fifth Hour's next dream catch? He says, Michael Jordan, Bernie Fratto, Mike Tyson, Brian Finley or who daddy? So, yeah, who's our guy? What are you gonna go? Baba booie? I don't know what's the stuttering John from the Old Stern Show. What are we looking at here? What's the go to guy? But you know the big one would be and he will not do it, and he's probably too old to do anything. Shatner Shatner. Yeah, we could get Shatner. That would be awesome. I'm in command. I could order this. Yeah, he belongs on a podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you think podcast, you think Shatner. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like he was born to be on a podcast, not just talking but also singing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't all He's the Man's an entertainer. The man is an absolute Tenay. You know, it would be good to get on. She won't do it either. Lauren Sanchez would be great to get on. She will There's no way she will do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she won't do it.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna happen. But I knew her when she was doing TV in la back back in the day. Mike also says, Ben, please spill the beans on the Boston trip. Well, I did. I spilled the beans already there on Friday, and you heard all about us, you know all about it. So but thank you Mike in quotes and Fred in spring Texas Rights and he says, hey, hey there, guys. At the top of each hour on the Overnight Show, Ben, you have a welcome in spiel that is pretty much the same, except when you are describing how powerful the FSR microphones are. You use a different adjective to describe the extent of those microphones each time. Where do you get those words? Do you use a book of descriptors or do you take them off the top of your head or does a staff member provide them? Well, great question, Fred, And as you know, Danny, there's a lot my staff does most of the show. I just kind of roll in there and that's it. Everything's written out, good to go.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been part of those production meetings before, and man if I thought the herd was intense. It it's mind blowing that for your show, for your hours, probably the most resources that our company uses on one particular program. Stat Guy, your stat guy is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, well that's you know, we inter numbers, got my social media guy. Very good, very good, good, yeah, very good. Listen, Fred, They're there. They're just words, you know. I try to change up. There's actually a few things at the top of the hour that's different, keep it fresh. A lot of it is the the same, and all that the vast I always go vast, and then at that point, after the word vast, I'll say like utopian ly or mighty or whatever. Powerful. Originally I was I always say mighty powerful as a tribute to my first radio first real radio station I worked at commercially the mighty six nineties, I'd say mighty powerful. But then I got bored with that, so I was like, I'll just throw some other random big names in there, or big words, and that's That's worked out pretty well. Yeah. Hillbilly Mike writes and says, Hey, Danny g congratulations on the new baby. I have a suggestion for you. You've got plenty of pictures of the baby day one, and my suggestion is each month, on the same day for the first year, you take a picture of your kid. It's amazing the changes your kid goes through from months to month and to dress them up and have a dedicated monthly pick to look back on, he says. Pretty cool. Another thing that hill Billy Mike says he did was that when he was old enough to hold the angel topper of our Christmas tree, my wife, he says, took a picture of me holding him while he put the angel on top. It of course progressed to him being on my shoulders every year until the last year he did it, he was eighteen, and I got on his shoulders and placed the angel on the tree. Pretty sweet. Mm hmm, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: That is really cool. I like those suggestions. Now. On yesterday's podcast, I talked about how coha G had his first blowout. It would be nice to document multiple blowouts, see how those progress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you could hold up it, don't wash them and just hold them up and see, well, this one's bigger. See it's more, it's covered more real estate. If you know, you get a ven diagram out, you can break down the poopy is what you can break down.
Speaker 3: And should put that in a ziploc bag and put it in the memory box.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that's the book right there. That's the memory book. Right there. That's the the baby book, Alf from the Jet Blue ticket counter at Logan Airport. Boy, that's a fun place to be the you know where you really need to go out If you you want to enjoy the smells of Logan Airport, go to American Airlines and the lost luggage area at American Airlines. When we were there in Boston a couple of weeks back, we were convinced there was a rotting corpse in one of the bags. It smelled that bad. My god. Anyway, Al says, as I alluded to on the Overnight Show this week, I was a bit shocked to hear your story last week about you offering to only drive halfway to meet your best friend. This after I had already booked airfare and the P one Deluxe Brian Finley package at the Malor Mansion through my travel agent, ferdcat Alf says, I was promised door to door deluxe Malar Mobile motor coach service to and from Lax and the Malor Mansion, and a week weekend which was to include the all night Stratamatic Tournament, a meet and greet with Bella, unlimited Mallard cookies and piping hot raising canes. Also included was to be a tour of skin Row with a photo op in from the Genie Bench. That's right, The Genie Bench is at the Swan Park, which is right near Dodger Stadium, right off the one oh one Freeway, which is the Hollywood Freeway. Yeah, and as well as alv says here meals at Fat sALS, Tito's Tacos and Langers Deli. Am I to assume that I've been fleeced by Ferdcat yet again? Say it ain't so, Benny Alf. That is a very detailed email, and you've actually made me feel bad about myself out because those are the three restaurants the pretty much the only three restaurants I eat at when I go out Fat sALS, Tito's, Tacos and Langers. Every once in a while I might go somewhere else, but generally speaking, when I have luncheons, and I've had a few of them since this TV thing came up, and I've had to meet with certain people about different elements of the show, and I've had these power lunches. So I have mostly met at Langers Deli right there and in beautiful kind of downtown adjacent ner MacArthur Park, Tito's if I'm on the west side, and Fat sALS if I'm in the Hollyway here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's a really big TV executive, you have to meet you at raising canes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well that's because you get the caniac combo and they've got the company credit card, and that's the way to do it. The male bag question from George in Uvaldi, he is next, would you rather be stuck next to a gassy Keith Oberman or a bloated Lizzo cramped flight? So I actually Oberman's gone off the deep end with the politics and all that. So this is years ago. But he was doing a news show for was it MSNBC or CNBC, I don't know, probably MSNBC. He was doing a show and he was at a Dodger game and we sat next to each other at the Dodger game, but we just talked baseball and that was fine. But I don't remember him farting. So I'm going to Lizzo. I'm going bloated Lizzo on a cramped flight. I would not. I would rather sit next to Overman because I but if he is gas, he obviously that would be problematic. And what about you, Danny Lizzo bloated or overman farting.
Speaker 3: I would set the car seat next to them one of those silent fluffies of maya.
Speaker 1: You would punish them with baby g exactly.
Speaker 3: I would battle the bloating in the gas with some more gas.
Speaker 1: There's a bottom. I radyed to bring the gas. There you go, uh Nebraska. Nick writes it says for you and Danny G. What was your favorite class in high school? Who was your favorite teacher? What did they teach? Uh? The the best year of your Lifelet's see, I think we limit the questions to one. I think right, one or two, so we do a couple of these. Yeah, favorite class in high school. I loved speech class because we were just goof around pretty much. But it was supposed to teach us how to publicly speak and things like that, but it was mostly just goofing around. And there were a couple of teachers that I remember. Mister Carl was a was a very nice teacher that helped me out a lot. Miss Cleman. When I was an I think elementary school or junior high. I think it was elementary school. And then we also had mister Carl mus Cleman, and then there was a mister Laura that was a really cool teacher and he was actually the guy that taught kind of the speed debate type class. So those are people I recall fondly.
Speaker 3: What about you, Danny, Yeah, two teachers come to mind for me. ROP wood Shop mister Luhman. Not only did I make contraband baseball bats with the lathe, but I also built a rocking horse for my mom who had my little sister at the time, and it turned out really nice, really good wood shop teacher and then Electronics ROP mister Haskins ran the high school radio station ninety point nine fm kb dg K Bulldog. In my sophomore year, he let me run the station the microphone throttler.
Speaker 1: That is so cool that you had a radio station at your high school. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: It was really cool and it had a big stick. You could hear it across the next city, so it covered two cities.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, One of the reasons I went to Saddleback is because they had a campus radio station, which has been hijacked by cal State Northridge, by the way, so it's I don't think they have that set up anymore. But I loved it, and it was great in those days before internet broadcasting and things like that. But as far as the wood shop, the wood shop got the high school I went to, he had one of his fingers had been chopped off by one of the machines there, and he would hold it up like, listen, you don't listen to me. This is what's gonna happen. You know, you don't put me put in the fingers near the near the blades.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also the famous kickback stories on the saws.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he'd scary on that. Yeah, exactly a gun, it's gonna kick back.
Speaker 3: How would you like to smoke that Bufferoo.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. Don't do it. Nick and Wisconsin rights into the mailback, says bended Danny G. I need to know which one of you you are more likely to eat. I wish one of you more like the potato chips and French onion with French onion dip or tortilla chips with salsa. So I am much more likely to go tortilla chips with salce. We live in southern California, Nick, which is essentially northern Mexico. Great Mexican food here. It's just wonderful, better Mexican food in La Danny than Mexico. It's actually better here than it is in Mexico. So tortilla chips and salce of the way to go. I have nothing against potato chips and French onion dip. I am not anti French onion dip. I'm okay with it. Not my favorite, but I'm okay with it. You know what I like is that French onion soup I like with the cheese on top. I'm a fan of that. That's good. What about you, Danny?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the French onion dip. That reminds me of a nice spread at a Super Bowl party. Really, when else do you see that dip out on a table?
Speaker 1: No, you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not that common unless it's at a family barbecue or something like that. But yeah, you gotta go salsa. But the one difference for me, I can't have raw tomatoes because of the folic acid that's in them, So I have to have the red blended salsa where you don't see any of the tomato or the seeds. Oh okay, Yeah, there's some good Mexican restaurants where they have the roasted red salsa and I love that little taste.
Speaker 1: All right. Next up, I'll do a couple more get out of here Jeff from Columbus Rights, and he says, what are your favorite TV comedy shows for the last decade or so? So this is actually easy for me, Jeff, I do not watch a lot of comedy stuff. I don't watch a lot of TV except when it's Benny Versus the Penny. But no, but my favorite comedy show is Curby Your Enthusiasm on HBO, and I think they've only got one season left and then that show is going away. But love it, Love the comedy on that. I can't get enough of it. I'm all about Larry David, Kirby, Your Enthusiasm, Danny. Any comedy shows the last decade that you're all about.
Speaker 3: Yeah. On Hulu there's a great comedy called This Fool. If you don't know about that show, check it out. I'm with you. I also am a Curb fan, and I don't know if you've ever seen this On Netflix they carry all six seasons right now. The Ranch with Ashton Kutcher and what's the dude's name? You know, the old guy with a mustache, Sam Elliott.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've not seen the ranch.
Speaker 3: It's a funny like, oh you would like you would love it because it's unfiltered. They they drop f bombs on the.
Speaker 1: Sitcom blank my blank and blank you Oh good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so. It's a really good cast and a really good script. The problem is that Masterson guy was one of the main characters, and he was part of that me too movement and he got got and he's been in court with women, you know, so saying he did bad things. He got written off the show. His character died and the show died.
Speaker 1: Is it Danny Masterson? Is that the good? Yes? Yeah, yep. Did he get convicted?
Speaker 3: You recently did?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Let me see here, look this up right now. There's well, sorry, a few days ago since a little old says. A judge rejected a defense bid Monday to delay next month's sentencing for Danny Masterson. Yeah, he's facing a maximum sentence of thirty years to life in state prison.
Speaker 3: Wow. I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he was a scientologist and there was something going on in his younger years where he drew girls in and yeah, and had some oh man claims against him, and he got yanked off that show and they had to kill him off the show, and then the show just kind of fell apart after that. But if you want to start a new show with your WiFi, go to Netflix the Ranch and start it from episode one. Really really good comedy. We were surprised because we're like, how did we not know about this? I think it started in like twenty sixteen or twenty seventeen. It's, you know, just a few years old. But it's something that I missed when it was during COVID or whatever, when a lot of people were binging it gotcha.
Speaker 1: It says according to this it's an old it's an old story. It's about two weeks old, but it said September seventh is the sentencing date, and they wanted to get it pushed back. So and this guy's around our age daty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well you remember he's famous from that seventies.
Speaker 1: Show eeah yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it looks like he's going to be doing a lot of time behind bars.
Speaker 1: Well, if you do the crime, you gotta do the time. I didn't see a second of that, so I don't know what the evidence was and all that but he was convicted, so you know you fired Big Lou. He's on number two. I love that. I love that commercial, so we gotta get that as a drop anyway, He says, you always talk glowingly about the past Fox Sports Radio baseball games. When will the company hold a boxing or mma match between the host and staff of the network pound for pound? Who is the toughest employee at the network. That's from Big Lou in the LBC. What can he do for you? Auh so, Big Lou, I mean you always start out with the ex jocks that work and uh so, I think Rich Davis. That's why I'm going he does play rec league softball. Yeah, yeah, weekend softball.
Speaker 3: That's the no.
Speaker 1: You gotta go LeVar Arrington, right, LeVar. I love LaVar has been out of the NFL for a long time. But you say a tough linebacker in the NFL. He's got skinny legs now, Yeah. Brady Quinn No, because he was a quarterback. Yeah, Gottlieb played college basketball.
Speaker 3: Quinn would be intercepted on his way to the match.
Speaker 1: That's a cheap shot. That is a low blow.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: Quinn definitely not be Jason Smith we we like Jason, but definitely not him.
Speaker 3: Mike Harmon seems like he might bite your ankle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Harmon would punch you in the balls if he had to play dirty. It's a whole Chicago thing, you know. That's how that's who he got.
Speaker 3: Yea, he learned from Mike North.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't like Jonas because he you know, he wouldn't you know, he'd have to clean everything and there'd be a hole to do. You know, he's got.
Speaker 3: Jonas is intimidating though he could just scare you with his barbed wire tattoo.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm still amazed. I don't know if I talk about the podcast. I told Jonas this so bonus on the company Dime flew to Ireland to broadcast from the Notre Dame Navy game in Ireland. Yeah, so the day before he flies to Ireland, I see him and I talked to him every day. Hey, what's going on, Jonas, how's everything go? Does any even mention that he's going to Ireland? Like later that day? You know, he's so secretive.
Speaker 3: It's another day in the life of a radio superstar.
Speaker 1: But it's I don't know, it's odymous so I guess I have to not Now I'm starting to not talk as much. I got my TV thing I couldn't mention, so I didn't really tell anybody. But most of the time, you know, Danny, the saying that loose lips sank chips, but in radio stations, loose lips keep stations together. Otherwise, I mean, come on, gotta keep it. Yeah. So anyway, as far as and it wasn't Fox Radio Baseball games, Big Lou, it was the Dodger media game that we used. I played in for years, many many years ago, and it was the sports writers against the radio and TV broadcasters and it was wonderful. I have such great members. We took over Dodger Stadium. We played at like one o'clock in the afternoon. The Dodger game would be at seven o'clock. We would play right up until about three o'clock or you know, three point thirty, and then Dodgers would have batting practice. And we had the at Dodger Stadium before they renovated it, the locker room. We had our own clubhouse at Dodger Stadium for this media game, and it was the old Angels clubhouse, Danny where when the Angels played at Anaheim Stadium for a couple of years. They had their own clubhouse, which was off if you walked into the tunnel up to the Dodgers clubhouse, which was on the left. If you turned right and walked down a hall was the old Angels clubhouse. And I'm trying to what years did the Angels play at Dodger Stadium. I'm trying to remember. I don't know, but I wonder if Nolan Ryan was in there. I don't know. Anyway, that was the story. All right, we'll get out on that, Danny. It is Sunday. It's a holiday weekend, happy Labor Day weekend. I will be laboring away. One thing about this TV show, Danny, I can't really take any extended time off until February because the show all the way till the Super Bowl. So I'm pretty much locked in here. That's one of the reasons I took some time off earlier in the year. So I'm not going to take any I might take a couple of days, a couple of days, but we're gonna have to do a show on Thanksgiving, and you know, I don't know when Christmas is, but the big holidays whenever the holidays are. It doesn't matter. If there's a show to do, the show must be done.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean it's a good thing that you were able to suck in some of that clean Minnesota air when you had the opportunity and you got to travel a little bit back east to see your family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was good for sure.
Speaker 3: No play for you man, all all radio and TV. You sold your soul.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did, I have, now we will have I'm doing I did the math on this, so I do five radio shows a week with you, I do three podcasts a week, and now I'll have a TV thing. So that's you don't have enough to do? Pretty much? What do you got? Are you working regular this week? You be on tomorrow? You're taking the day off.
Speaker 3: With the oh you know what, we're actually gonna be filling in for the Dan Patrick Show on Monday.
Speaker 1: Okay, well yeah, get your day over with a little earlier then you can go on with your day right exactly.
Speaker 3: So tune in to hear CNR in for the Great DP on FSR and.
Speaker 1: I will be on tonight normal time, god willing, and assuming everything goes well there, I will be on from eleven PM till three am in the West, but where most people live on the Eastern seaboard, you can hear that show from two am till six a m. Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday. Thank you, Thank you for down voting. And I'm already gonna thank people in advance, Danny for watching the TV show which is gonna make its debut on Friday. And I'm telling you, Danny, I'm very concerned because I want to have, like, I don't want to have the lowest ratings in the history of NBC. It's why I have at least a few people watching the show. That's all I need. A few people watching the show. I'm gonna turn it on all five of my devices. Yeah, yeah, because it's gonna be I'm told it's going to be on the Peacock, so and that's how I'm gonna watch the show on the Peacock.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be on Sports on LA Sports Spectrum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be on Spectrum Sports, the Dodger station. I don't know when it's gonna air, so you're gonna have to check your local television listings and all that stuff. But it's gonna be close to me on in New York on s n Y, the Mets station's gonna air it, So that's gonna be kind of cool.
Speaker 3: And Dodgers are gonna be so proud of you. They're gonna be like, look at this dude, this kid traveled with us back in the day.
Speaker 1: Well, all those people no longer work for the Dodgers that hired me and all that, but anyway, all right, we'll see you next time next weekend all news shows on the podcast, radio shows, all week TV show on Friday. We'll catch you next time. Take care. Austa Pasta by Folition