Speaker 1: You're listening to I Choose Me with Jenny Garland. Hi. Everyone, welcome to I Choose Me. This podcast is all about the choices we make and where they leave us. My guest today burst into the realities iitgeist. Back in two thousand and four, Okay, that's twenty one years ago, you guys on the massive MTV hit show Laguna Beach and then later on its follow up series The Hills. However, in twenty sixteen, she launched her own women's wellness and personal care brand, Love Wellness, that you can find all over shelves everywhere, retailers everywhere. It's even on QVC. So I cannot wait to speak to her. Please welcome low Bosworth to the podcast. Hi, I'm so excited to talk to you. Before we get into some of the choices that you've made in your life, I want to know, before The Hills, before Laguna Beach, what did you want to be when you were growing up, when you were a little girl.
Speaker 2: So I didn't really know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Some people like dream of some one certain thing and then they somehow fulfill that later in life. But I was I never had that either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I feel like I've always had a lot of hobbies and interests, and a lot of my interests have been based in science, and probably would have done something in the medical field or with biology had I not my company. But I think the cool thing about what I do now is that, you know, wellness is adjacent to that, and I have the opportunity to work with our incredible medical advisory board and real experts in this space, and so I get to sort of.
Speaker 2: Like dabble dabble a little bit, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, action is really.
Speaker 3: What I get really excited about. Understanding why behind it all.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I mean, that's very interesting. I can understand why you would love that. That's something I really actually do admire about you is that you chose to pivot from your life in LA, your life in reality TV, to the wellness space, specifically vaginal gut and hormonal health. Not exactly considered sexy.
Speaker 2: But wow, especially not in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: And exactly Yeah, you are like really one of the first women out there talking about vaginas and vaginal health. Yeah, and you know today things are much different, thank goodness, but we can always use a voice like yours out there. Does that leap into new territory A hard decision to make or did it just happen naturally?
Speaker 3: You know, Starting my company is really an interesting journey. So the Hills ended in twenty ten. I moved to the city in twenty twelve and I was thinking about entertainment. One of my passions is cooking, and I went to the French Culinary Institute.
Speaker 4: I saw that first moved to New York, and I was creating a lot of food and cooking content at the time, and throughout that journey.
Speaker 3: I started to become more interested in nutrition. My program was classic French plus farm to table and we spent time with Dan Barber, you know, up at Blue Hill and like really got hands on.
Speaker 2: Which was incredibly exciting.
Speaker 3: But I started to learn about the difference in food quality based on where it's grown, how it's grown, and that you know, different quality of food has different nutrients in that food. And I started to feel unwell in that period of time.
Speaker 2: I started to.
Speaker 3: Get anxious, depressed, got health issues, intimate health issues, you know, everything that the brand focuses on, you know, helping women find balance in today.
Speaker 2: And I started to go to the doctor over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: If anything, I love to solve problems, any kind a problem, big or small. And I started to ask why, Like why is it that the products at the drug store don't work for me? Why is this ingredient list so confusing and then horrific when I go to google it? Why have none of the products that have been sold to me for years been developed, you know, with scientific backing or based on actual research of women's bodies. Why were they developed decades ago and they've just been sitting on the shelf. And so ultimately I discovered, after eighteen months of self advocacy, going to different doctors, finally my GP was like, Okay, I'll run a blood panel.
Speaker 2: Eighteen on.
Speaker 1: That's so ridiculous to me. It's so frustrating because if I were a doctor, if I didn't just play one on TV, which I never actually have, I would that be the first thing I would want to know.
Speaker 2: That'd be the first.
Speaker 3: Thing, right, So, eighteen months of set back because they've finally got to me to a blood panel, and it was revealed to me that I was dealing with some very significant fviting deficiencies. And I think back then this was twenty fifteen you're like, vitamin deficiencies in America what And now it much has revealed itself, you know, on why our health is in a state that it's in. But back then it was still very.
Speaker 2: New to be talking about these things.
Speaker 3: And for me, I at least had a starting point of why I was unwell. Vitamin deficiencies can come from gut health issues. If you have got health issue, can be harder to absorb nutrients from food, and vitamin deficion these can cause some of the things I talked about, in addition to gut health, kind of being the master microbiome and really affecting your mental health, vaginal health, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I at least.
Speaker 3: Had a starting point and I was able to kind of create my thesis behind love wellness at that point in time, that ingredients really matter whether they go in your body or on your body. And from there I launched a company and yeah, I started talking about vaginal health on Instagram, which like blew people.
Speaker 2: Minds in twenty sixteen. You should think a friend, it was wild, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it's so true. I even saw one of your old castmates, I think Spencer is his name. He was like saying things like why am I learning about her problems? It was so ridiculous, but you handled that so beautifully. You really shut him down, and I loved it.
Speaker 3: You know, I think my experience on reality TV, probably just like your experience on television, has given you pretty thick skin. And being in the media and public guide to a certain degree. Since you know, I'm eighteen years old, you learn a lot about how to handle confrontation and how to manage yourself in a situation like that. And it could have gone like a very different way. But the reality is, like, brand awareness is brand awareness, and I realized that some of our brand content is going to land in the eyeballs, like land in front of the eyeballs of the wrong audience, people who are not our consumer, because that's just how the Internet works.
Speaker 2: And that's okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Eyeballs are eyeballs as long as I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: Eyeballs are eyeballs, and it's it's okay, it's not a big deal. Plenty of people have made fun of me, and the reality is, at this point in time, like it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, look at how much success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the women that we serve are the people that matter. So everyone has problems, whether they talk about them or not, and you know, if we can help you, then that's fantastic. And that was really the point of what we do, right. I think that we feel that we've really.
Speaker 2: Changed the conversation around women's health since I started talking about different health issues, you know, almost a decade ago.
Speaker 1: Now, almost a decade ago. Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: My life was so different almost ten years ago. It was so different.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can imagine what a journey though in the last ten years you have taken, and yeah, a successful, independent, self motivated trajectory. I love it. It's so inspiring. And when you were, like in twenty sixteen when you said you starting the brand love Wellness, I mean, how many times did you probably try to tell people about this idea and they were like, hello, vaginal health. Really?
Speaker 2: You know, it was interesting. I can be pretty.
Speaker 3: Like single minded when it comes to something, and I felt really confident about my mission. And when I started the business, I always I was also paving the way for the next chapter of my life. And if this business idea hadn't worked, I think it probably would have continued down the road in consumer you know, focused on you know, beauty, wellness, things that I really care about and am passionate about to make the next chapter of my life happen, because you know, it was a time where The Hills had been off the air for a couple of years. I didn't really know what was next for me. I knew that being like solely an individual working in the entertainment industry was not particularly comfortable for me, and like, I'm comfortable being known and like a public figure to a certain degree. Now I think you have to get used to that, right Pandora's box, you can't ever.
Speaker 2: Close it again.
Speaker 3: And I just knew that I didn't want to be an actress around reality shows like because for me, I was uncomfortable living paycheck to paycheck in that way. And I think that unless you're an actress with a really steady job and like, you know, like nothing is promised. And for me, it was really challenging to be in the influencer economy and be like, I've only made enough money to live for the next two and a half months, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't know where my next paycheck is coming from.
Speaker 3: And so for me, I was really through my business, trying to create stability for myself and like a different.
Speaker 2: Way of living.
Speaker 3: And you know, I just I just was more comfortable, you know, like on this you know, adjacent path.
Speaker 1: No, it's it actually really resonates with me because I have been there too. I feel like, you know, you look at your life and you look at what you have ahead of you hopefully, and you think, how am I going to get there? How am I going to do this? And you know that security is really important when you are following your gut and doing what you want to do rather than what you have to do to pay the bills, you know. So it's so cool to turn what you want into giving you the how and the why, you know what I mean? Like that you're able to do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I think you know something I always struggled with, even when I was on the hills and on Laguna, is that entertainment. You have to be picked, right If you want a job, you have to be picked for.
Speaker 1: That's so fun, isn't it so fun?
Speaker 3: And there's not a lot of like personal merit. You know, smart's ability they can get you that job.
Speaker 2: You have to be picked. You have to be a good actress, but you.
Speaker 3: Have to be picked. And I think in reality TV, if you are not willing to put it all out there and sacrifice yourself for the show, for the network, you're not going to get picked. And for me, like my dabbling with that, my experimenting with that, like I expired very quickly from that POV I just was like, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To do this. It makes me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: But again, like Pandora's Box, I had an audience and I felt like I could help that audience as I moved into the next chapter of my life by just talking about what I was dealing with and doing my best to put solutions out there. So the first two three years of Love Wellness, I was a solo founder and operator. I worked with our medical advisors and our manufacturers, food scientists, you know the experts who basically create products with you and bring them to life. But I was a solo founder operator for the first two and a half three years until I really started to realize that like this had legs, And it was then that I started bringing on a team, and very shortly thereafter we launched an alta. Then we launched a target amazing all of these different channels.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, when you were doing that, when you were a solo was a solo venture or three times, when you were like what am I doing? What have I gotten? My like I don't even belong in this space. You have that kind of self doubt or like sometimes they call it imposter syndrome.
Speaker 3: Now, honestly not really. I think when I started the company, it was big time for entrepreneurs and consumer LEDs like startups. You know, everyone was starting a company Casper, Glossy, Egches, but you know, all of these brands, and I thought, I'm smart enough, like I can figure this out for me again, problem solving, Like I love to problem solve. Be a problem, it does not freak me out. I'm like great new Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I think I'm the opposite, Like give me a problem. I'm like, oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think like a lot of entrepreneurs are that way.
Speaker 2: They see problems.
Speaker 3: As like the next delicious, juicy thing they get to say into And I still very much am that way. And so every obstacle was this exciting like next phase of the business that I had to figure out and could I figure out the puzzle pieces and the challenge and make.
Speaker 2: It all work, so.
Speaker 1: It is like a puzzle.
Speaker 2: I like love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Do you think like you talked about the thickening of your skin do you in reality TV? Do you think that helped you in founding your own business or did it like discourage people from taking you seriously? Like you know, what were you up against in that respect?
Speaker 2: A double sided coin.
Speaker 3: Certainly, the first few years of my business, I think there was like a quiet audience that was like, oh my god, solutions for my problems because the business was profitable kind of at game.
Speaker 2: But media, like media and social media, I think, question the.
Speaker 3: Validity of the need for these types of products. And I think in general people were like, oh, like feminine care, that's like not that feminist.
Speaker 2: But the reality is is that in these bodies.
Speaker 3: We have problems and we deserve to have clean, effective solutions that are science fact that actually work. And I try to explain to people that have not had a vactional health issue and they think that these types of products are irrelevant and misogynistic or whatever, and it's like, well, you haven't had that experience, and so how can you even like form an opinion about it, right, do.
Speaker 1: You even have vagina?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But it's like just because you haven't experienced it and you don't think it's important, like that invalidates the experience of other women who maybe are not brave enough to talk about this, right, because I think I understood through the growth of the business that there certainly were a lot of women who were silently suffering. So I think the media and people in social media were like, what the hell. But a lot of people, I think, really her me through my storytelling and they saw themselves in me. And if you look at all of our reviews since day one, everyone is telling their story.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I told my story and they felt compelled to share their story in return, and how much our products actually helped them. And I think now the women's woman's category, we sort of like gave birth.
Speaker 5: To it perfect and now that category, like the feminine care isle, the beautyisle, looks totally different than it did a decade ago because.
Speaker 2: All of this new innovation, Yeah, does help women's bodies.
Speaker 1: I mean just women's health in general is starting to, you know, get the money and attention that it needs, the funding that it's always deserved. So now is the time. But you, yeah, you started early, you had the baby when you were young.
Speaker 3: You know. I was like, personally, I have really sensitive skin, I've a really sensitive body.
Speaker 2: But I was like, I want to.
Speaker 3: Feel confident in my body, and you know, the right things aren't out there. You know, all of these doctors have told me it's because all of these ingredients are in these products. So my gosh, why can't I create products in a different way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. And you were having these problems, and so I'm sure you thought like, there must be other women that are having these same problems, and this is why I need to do this.
Speaker 3: Yes, back then it was I didn't know how to like do consumer research back then.
Speaker 2: Now I do.
Speaker 1: A learning curve, a learning curve, a learning.
Speaker 3: Curve, right, But I just I felt really passionate about it, and I felt like I wanted to make things that could empower women. And these things in some way, shape or form had helped me in my own life, right, but they weren't necessarily mainstream. And so yeah, I mean like I wasn't taken seriously at first, but now the story is very different. I think if you tell your authentic story for long enough and it's real and the things that you make work. Then eventually the people that they used to laugh at you see you at Walmart and they're like, oh, I used to make fun of that girl, but I can't anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's that's so good.
Speaker 2: I still can It's you know they still do, but they still can't.
Speaker 1: But who's laughing now? Is the thing. So you've really been brave, like you were saying and sharing your authentic stories. You've been documenting and sharing about your endometriosis diagnosis, and I would love for you to sort of share with our audience. How did you find out that you had endometriosis and were you like suffering for years without even knowing what it was?
Speaker 3: Yes, So it turns out I was and I wasn't ever able to like look at my matrix of symptoms. I mean, no doctor either be.
Speaker 2: Like it's this right.
Speaker 3: So the thing about endometriosis, the stats say one in ten habit doctors believe it's way higher. But there's no real test for endometriosis. You have to have surgery to open you up to get a visual confirmation for a dice. Why because the technology doesn't exist there are some things that you know are happening in the research world from an ENDO perspective, that hopefully will change that down the road, But right now there's no true test that just blood tests or they can be like, you have enometriosis. And what's challenging about and know is that it's a chronic inflammatory disease. So there is no cure for ENDO, and there is no good test for ENDO except like literally a surgeon being like, yep, she's got it.
Speaker 1: How do they wait?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, how do they when they look in there? How do they know?
Speaker 3: So endometriosis presents visually as like little dots, little things like in your u like on your uterus, on your ovaries, in your pelviskay, So visually you can see it typically and it looks different. It can look like kind of stringy like spider webby white, or it can be like little tiny black dots kind of all together, and it is uterine cells that have escaped and are like growing outside.
Speaker 2: Of the uterus, and they don't know quite like how that happens.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I started like my own fertility journey and it connects. I swear when I was thirty three, I did my first egger tree bowl because I was like single in the middle of my thirties and I thought, well, I better do this because I don't want to have children. So I did my first type retrieval. My amh was well like it was a fine retrieval. I did another one at thirty five it was worse, and when I met my fiancee, we were like, we better go see the doctor and just to do a check up and see how things are going, because we would like to have a family together. And the doctor said, before we go any further, I would like to just run some tests to see if there's anything in your makeup that maybe would be preventative for you, like preventing you from getting pregnant, or how do you be and you know, so she checked for like lupus and like all these things, doing blood work. But then there is a biopsy you can do, a uterine biopsy. It is so painful. It's called the receptive of biopsy, and they basically.
Speaker 2: Put a thing into your uterus while you're awake under no oh my god pain relief. You're awake, and they like scoop out a little bit of your uterus, okay, and if the uterine.
Speaker 3: Cells show any inflammation, it suggests that you might have endometriosis, because again endo is an inflammatory disease.
Speaker 2: So again it's not.
Speaker 3: A conformation of endometriosis. It says, yes, your uterine cells are inflamed or no they are not. And mine came back as very inflamed, and so the doctor said, you probably have endometriosis, and if you want to have children, this needs.
Speaker 2: To be addressed.
Speaker 3: One of the good things about endometriosis at this point in time is that you can have excision surgery, which is part of the opening you up and taking.
Speaker 1: A peek right right, same surgery.
Speaker 3: Same surgery they plan to do, you know, a visual track and if.
Speaker 2: It's there, they will take it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, And along with that they might take out cybroids or things like that, other you know, sort of like benign gross that may impede your ability to have a baby. So my surgery was in February of this year and gosh darn it, they opened me up and there it was.
Speaker 1: Did they scoop it out?
Speaker 3: They It's like they scooped it out. Thankfully, they scooped it out. And so now I'm like still recovering and moving forward.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, how are you? How are you doing now?
Speaker 3: I mean, so my surgeon, who is an excellent surgeon. Also an issue is it's very hard to find an endometriosis excision surgeon in this country. There's like a handful of doctors that do this type of surgery, which is typically gives you a better result than an ablation surgery because I think where they burn stuff out, this is them actually like cutting it out. I'm we'll have to like do a little bit digger deeping because I didn't have a blation surgery.
Speaker 2: I had excision.
Speaker 3: An excision is kind of the gold standard right now, thinking about it, it takes me back to like a time that i've I thought I was going to coast through, but I really did. My surgeon was like, it's definitely going to be fourteen days.
Speaker 1: At home, okay.
Speaker 3: And I was like, sir, what are you talking about? This is before I knew that I really had it, and like how advanced it was. And he was like, yeah, like the typical recovery is like fourteen days minimum at home.
Speaker 1: And you thought you would be quicker than that.
Speaker 2: I thought I would conquer that.
Speaker 3: And when I woke up from my surgery, I was in so much pain that I immediately knew that he was right. And I immediately knew that he had found what he was looking for and that I could just tell it was worse than maybe what they thought, or that my surgery was a bit more complicated than I had anticipated. So they cut through my abdominal wall in a few places, and some of them were really deep incisions, like all the way through, and I could not sit up on my own for two weeks, like my fiance had to literally helped me sit up, help how to help me roll over in bed, Like I was pretty much ammobile for the first almost fourteen days. And the reality is like my recovery took a lot longer than fourteen days. I started to work again, but worked from home after those two weeks, but the exhaustion was real. The physical, the physical healing from the surgery was pretty remarkable. Like I could not pee or go to the bathroom without pain for a solid three months.
Speaker 2: After the surgery.
Speaker 3: Like even now was when I pee, I like feel where they like got around my bladder and it's just nerves still regrowing.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, but like.
Speaker 3: You just don't know, and you can like grow into your bladder, can grow into your abdominal wall, can grow all.
Speaker 2: Over the place.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the surgery was was physically proper, but also emotionally, I like, I haven't really told a lot of people, told my close friends and family, and then my social media following knew I had surgery because I was like, oh, I had like pelvic abdominal surgery. And then I didn't realize that when you have ENDO excision, there's like classic scar formations that you have.
Speaker 2: So I posted a photo of.
Speaker 3: My belly and then everyone in the comments was like, oh my god, you have.
Speaker 2: ENDO, you have END, you have NDO, And I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, I hadn't planned on the daily yet, but yes I do.
Speaker 2: And I was like scared because it's like I didn't like I want to go down this road yet.
Speaker 3: But I immediately started to feel relieved because I immediately found this.
Speaker 2: Community of people who understand.
Speaker 3: What I had been dealing with that I did not anticipate at all. And so that accident was really a happy accident ultimately, And yeah, I think it helped me my emotional state a lot to understand that there was a huge group of strangers that was like we got you, You're one of us, this is a community, and like we're here just for you, which really took me by surprise.
Speaker 1: That's what it's for. That's that's the beautiful thing about social media.
Speaker 2: It can be good sometimes I can.
Speaker 1: It can absolutely be good if used correctly. So you're thirty eight now, you said when you were thirty three you did an egg retrieval. I'm sure you know. What might have caused you to go and do that was you're seeing you know, the years go by, you're seeing friends getting married, having kids, and comparing yourself to others. Never does anyone any good, but it's really hard not to. But you got engaged earlier this year. Congratulations you. I would love for you to speak to our audience about divine timing. Do you believe in that, because it sounds like that's what's happening for you.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't know if that's exactly what I would call it, but you know, when I was younger, I yearned so much for a relationship and for a partners.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of us do. We're humans, and that's just natural, right.
Speaker 3: My background, I think on TV and then having a company that was like going really well, really fast. I think a lot of men would meet me and they would want to meet me and date me for a little bit, but they weren't like, oh my god, she's more successful than I am. I can't I can't do this, or she was on TV.
Speaker 2: How do I take this person seriously?
Speaker 3: But I think also I was like so focused on being in a partnership at that time time or like dating, that I probably was giving off the wrong energy, right A lot of people who want a boyfriend or a girlfriend, you give off the wrong energy. And everybody does that at periods of their life. And it was through my mid third is that I really got comfortable being on my own.
Speaker 2: And I knew for years.
Speaker 3: I was like, I have to be comfortable on my own. I have to be comfortable on my own. And I didn't like say, before I meet the right person. I just thought, I have to be comfortable on my own because maybe it doesn't happen for everybody.
Speaker 2: And I think being in New York, living in New York City changes the game a little bit too.
Speaker 3: I have fifteen women that are the ages of thirty five to forty that are so incredible and they're all single.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it hard? It is that men, it's a.
Speaker 3: Very tough city to meet people because you can go to this bar and twenty minutes later be here and here and here, and everyone is accomplished and everyone is beautiful and everyone is somebody, right, and so you can really like take your pick to a certain degree.
Speaker 2: And I think that dating apps don't have that.
Speaker 3: It's the mindset of like it's never ending, and I yeah, yeah, And so it's just a weird city. And it's also very socially acceptable here to get engaged and married in your late thirties, even in your forties, right, everybody does that here. So I think I felt sort of like odd man out outside of New York City, but not necessarily in New York City, because understand that community was like all single people all my age, and it wasn't that weird, but your heart still yearns.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: However, I had to really get actually comfortable with being on my own, I think, before you could meet the person who is supposed to be your person, right, because you have to cure your own energy, You have to cure how you present to people and present to the world, and you want to be confident. You want to know who you are, and you want to know what you want.
Speaker 2: In your life.
Speaker 3: And until you know those things, I think you can find a partner, but they may not be the right partner, right because I.
Speaker 2: Dated lots of men, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't until I was really confident with myself and how my life was going that I felt really good about how I would present to a potential partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's You're so right. In my experience as well, it wasn't until I gave myself that opportunity to really get comfortable in my own skin and enjoy being alone. And you know, people always said you have to love yourself before you can love others, yes, or something like that. Isn't that the thing?
Speaker 2: Like, yes, that's about right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's something in there. Basically, it starts with loving yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: And until you get there, it's hard to fully love somebody else in a healthy way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Completely, So you got there? You met your how did you guys meet?
Speaker 3: So people I often do like question and answer on Instagram stories. For years people would be like, are you cycle? I'm your circle, and I would just avoid the question because for a while I was like, oh my god, this is But then when I was confident, I was like, I'm going to answer this because like whatever. And the second I answered it, the second I got a DM from one of Dom's sisters who like, is beautiful and like you can like she's a real person.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I was like, this is not a crazy person.
Speaker 1: I'm not being catfished.
Speaker 2: Okay, good And she was like, I think you should meet my brother. He's amazing. He's in the city, he's done all these things.
Speaker 3: She sent his photo and I was like, this is my literal dream man and now getting married.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is.
Speaker 2: A cool That is divine intervention.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you find and you finally put yourself out there and your energy is good, It's like okay.
Speaker 1: And that's when it happens. And yeah, divine timing into like whatever you want to call it. Yes, it's the energy that you're putting out there. Is something changed, Yes, and it brought you what you wanted. It's so beautiful. I love that when you guys getting married.
Speaker 3: We're getting married this summer. Oh yeah, we're really excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're getting married in a little bit and once I do, I'll share an this with everybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm really excited for you. That's I'm so excited. I love love, I love weddings, and I love you too.
Speaker 3: And you know, we're remarkably not that stressed about it. Good, it's going to be a great day. Yeah, family just easy, relaxed.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting. We like started thinking we were going to have like a big New York City wedding and then we like changed course. Good, now we're like not stressed.
Speaker 1: That's good. Yeah, I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Today I was remembered. It was like, oh, I have to like make our like you know, marriage lessons appointment. I wasn't like freaked out about it.
Speaker 3: Like it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It'll all fall into place exactly. This sounds like it was meant to be. I'm really hope hopeful for you for a beautiful, bright future and a family.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, whatever however you create your family, it will be perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're very hopeful.
Speaker 1: I know you're not a doctor, but you are extremely hands on with your brand and you've been privy to a lot of research and data when it comes to wanting to obtain good vaginal health. I want to hear your thoughts on a couple of things. Maybe people are wondering out there are some crazy questions. Are you up for it? Like a little Q and a like to not a doctor, but just to low boss Worth. Yes, let's do okay? Thongs and g strings, are they okay? Or should you choose something else?
Speaker 2: I think if you.
Speaker 3: Are susceptible to urinary tract infections, maybe a different choice is better. Ecoli travels from your backside up into the urethra and typically can like go across your skin or like across your underwear. You can sort of be like a carrier of bacteria from back to front.
Speaker 1: So you have to That's why people wipe front to back. Yeah, I mean your mom didn't teach you that. I'm teaching you right now.
Speaker 3: You're sensitive down there. Like a different type of underwear maybe okay, but go for like cotton wash. Even the people from remember a few years ago, people were like, you should throw out your underwear every like whatever, like every six months, and like they're not necessarily wrong, but I think that that's like really goes to go going above and beyond.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not good, because I've had some of my underwear for a really long time. I'm kind of sentimentally attached to some of them.
Speaker 3: That's fine, everyone has underwear for a long time. I don't think that's a realistic practice.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is going to be crazy and completely completely revealing. But sometimes I have a house full of girls and we'll, you know, laundry will get mixed up, and then I will find myself wearing their underwear and vice versa, and I'm just like too rushed to care, so I just throw it on and off I go. Is that bad? It's been washed?
Speaker 3: I do know that I don't know the answer to I think that, like maybe the people who shout from the rooftops about throwing away your underwear frequently may have a different opinion. Clean Like, I don't know the answer. I'm not a microbiologists, and I have not read the research.
Speaker 1: On sharing underwear.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about wearing like tight workout legan or even tight jeans all day long? Does that impact your vaginal health negatively?
Speaker 3: If you may be more susceptible to infection, then potentially yes, but not necessarily so, Like you try to keep like a dry environment down there and if you sit in your sweat or in the pool and your wet bathing suit for too long, it can like breed bacteria and fungus and things like that. And so that's why, you know, like when you get out of the pool, you want to like rinse.
Speaker 2: Off and switch and to dry clothes because you want to get.
Speaker 3: The chemicals from the pool off your body and off your intimate skin. And you also don't want to be sitting in a wet bathing suit because like that can just breed and cause things to grow, right, like warmth and wet thinks grow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would not be good.
Speaker 2: That would not be good. Things grow.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wait have you heard about this? Because I hadn't ozebic vagina.
Speaker 2: No, oh, I have not. What is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Apparently taking a semaglue tide can lead to an imbalance in the vagina between the good and the bad bacteria. The connection, you know, like the whole connection between the two, because there is a connection. You know about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know about the connection, but I have not heard about ozempic vagina at all. So the idea is that a GLP one may have an impact on the gut microbiome which then can like indirectly affect the vaginal microbiome.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the bacteria, the bad bacteria increasing.
Speaker 2: I mean, anything's possible, my lady. This is the first time I've heard about this.
Speaker 1: I was like, what O zembic vagina, But.
Speaker 3: I haven't I haven't heard about that specifically. But if it does negatively affect your gut microbiome, I mean, yeah, like you could come to the conclusion that it may negatively affect vaginal health.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, if you're taking a gop one, hopefully you're seeing a doctor too, and you know, because it can affect your gut considerably, So it really does make sense, like you're saying that it would impact other parts of your body, specifically parts of your body that are very sensitive to that balance, that pH balance that by that microbiome importance, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's interesting though about the GLP ones is that you know, locally, like they're very anti inflammatory, and like reducing inflammation in the body can have a lot of very positive, like secondary and tertiary impacts.
Speaker 2: On different systems body.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, I hear a lot of conflicting information about GLP one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you know, it's the pros and the cons. You got to weigh it out and make sure it works for you.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, but this is the first time I'm hearing about.
Speaker 1: Now you're going to look it up. You're going to be like, I need to know you need to make a supplement for o zambic vagina. That's my gift to you, is a new idea for a product. I better get a free bottle, That's all I'm saying. Not that I you know, need it, but I mean it.
Speaker 3: Affects the microbiome. Just our badginal probiotic is a great option.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. What a beautiful bottle there you have with you? So cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get.
Speaker 3: A Walmart Target Ulta, not the bunny thing.
Speaker 2: We launched this product in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: That's your baby right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I consider this to be the original multi strained vaginal probiotic because we launched it with eight strains, and then a couple of years ago we added one more to like supercharge in the formula. But yeah, we've known for a long time that strained diversity is incredibly important in maintaining a balanced ecosystem.
Speaker 1: I think that all this knowledge that you've gathered through your years of experience with your brand is so important for you to share. And I know that there are women listening right now who are excited by this information and the idea that there are products out there that you're providing that are specifically for vaginal health. I think that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Well, the vagina is an immunity organ.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's a sex organ, but it's also an immunity organ. Like if working properly, the vagina like kills pathogens and kills invaders. So like enter into the vea, you need your microbiome to be working properly so that it can.
Speaker 1: Do its job right right. Oh my gosh, it's also fascinating. I really appreciate you walking me through all of this and enduring my ridiculous questions. Well, before I let you go, low Bosworth, what was your last I choose me moment?
Speaker 2: M my last I choose me moment? I think it was yesterday. My fiance was like, do you want me to walk the dog? And I was like, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, good A simple moment, A simple one. Yeah, choosing yourself over that that's good because watching the dog in New York is like a whole thing.
Speaker 3: I know that's a very simple example, but like I think it speaks volumes to how you treat yourself right, Like I'm somebody that is working on accepting help. Right, Like actually being able to do that and be like, yes, I will accept the help that you are offering to me. Means that I am choosing myself.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so hard to do for so many women. Yes, you're a simple I choose me. A moment is a good one. Thank you, Thank you for being on with us.