Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's the final hour on this meet Friday. We're down to Danette. Fritzy is out again today. We hope he's feeling better and join us on Monday. But it is a meat Friday and the Tragger girls are fired up, and so are we. Smoked Italian meat balls, sweet and hot Italian.
Speaker 2: Sausage, baked cheesy garlic bread. Who has it better than we do? No, No, that didn't sound enthusiastic. Let's try again. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 3: Nobody there?
Speaker 2: That sounds like you're not taking this for granted. It does mean something to you. She is, Let's put my smooth voice.
Speaker 3: She whizzies. Guys, Oh, that was your smooth voice when.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 3: I'll take the lower you can you can smell that garlic. Guys want to take the higher harmonies? Yeah, I'll take the lower one and then he'll just it'll sound like twelve voys.
Speaker 2: No Moonshine madness, take advantage of that tailgate. Moonshine makes sure you place your order. Danpatrick dot com. The Let's see the Indy cars are hitting the Southern California Thermal Club and one million dollar prize on the line. All the action Sunday, twelve thirty Eastern on NBC and Peacock Poll. Question for the final hour. Jake from State Farm is going to join us, coming up here in a little bit. And one of our favorite analysts, Jim Jackson from Turner and Fox Sports. He is covering the NCAA tournament. All right, seet what do we have for the final line?
Speaker 5: We've got two up there right now, Dan, who's having a worse twenty four hours? Shohotani or John Calpari. Right now it is fifty two percent for the Kentucky head coach. And then the foul call at the end of the Kansas Stanford game was the worst call in tournament history or the worst call of all time any sport. Right now, eighty eighty three percent have it as the worst in tournament history.
Speaker 2: Nick and Wisconsin on that topic, I Nick, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Good morning? Five to eleven, two hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: Are you scuba diving? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right? Long time official have been working high school basketball for twenty years, fortunate to work five state championship games and worked at the college level for seven years. I'm curious on your take that we replay miss calls or non calls by officials over and over and they are human, no different than the players or the coaches. But we never replay the turnover that caused the fasts break basket, or a miss defensive assignment that left it open three, or a substitute by a coach that was kind of the wrong change. Why do we replay officials non calls or miss calls over and over, but never the mistakes the players or coaches made.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, one of the most replayed plays is Chris Webber calling a time out.
Speaker 3: After traveling. Yes, so we do show that.
Speaker 2: As far as a substitute, that's not really something exciting where you go look at that he's substituting the wrong guy. This is a dramatic play at the end of the game and maybe you have another upset. That's why it's played over and over and over and over. If this was a regular season game, it wouldn't get the coverage. It's March madness. You're on a big stage. They missed the call, yes, and it's not really seen this way.
Speaker 5: But you could say that every time you show a walk off home run, you're showing a terrible pitch by a pitcher, or every time you're showing somebody hit a game winning three, you're showing bad defense by somebody who didn't do their job. I mean you are showing somebody's failure in all of those moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack Goalkey, we're showing reed Shepherd played bad defense then.
Speaker 5: Being absolutely cooked by a forty seven year old accountant.
Speaker 3: If you sign up for the job. Wait, what did you just call me?
Speaker 7: Looks like a thirty six year old golf pro.
Speaker 3: He's got the same bags under his eyes that I do. Wow.
Speaker 7: If Seaton Shade, he look younger than Jack Old.
Speaker 2: Okay, doesn't Jack Golkie have Dan Akroyd's haircut? Sure, Tommy Boy Ghostbusters.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tommy Boy, where it's very up and very severe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at dan Akroyd's haircut in Ghostbusters. No, Tommy Boy, I think it's more Tommy Boy. Did he go in and say, oh, take the dan Aykroyd Tommy Boy haircut?
Speaker 7: So are compared to Bill Paxton the actor with the hair, the tight hair, brown hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's not lacking confidence. Here is the Oakland Star after putting away Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Obviously, we come in with the underdog by all measures, but you just gotta as a player, you can't think that way. You gotta go out there and you got to think that you have the same talent level as them. I know they have draft picks, and I know I'm not going to the NBA, but I know on any give a night, I can compete with those type of guys, and our team can compete with those type of guys. And that's why I was so confident going into it. And that's why I say we're not a Cinderella because when we play our a game where we can be the best team on the floor.
Speaker 2: He took twenty threes, he made ten, he didn't take twos and didn't have an assist. At some point does Kentucky realize that might be the only thing that he can do. But look, if Kentucky was surprised, then you know that's on their coach. But we have talked a lot about John Kella. Perry is the one and done philosophy, blueprint done in college basketball. Let's bring in the great Jim Jackson Fox Turner basketball analyst and he is in Charlotte covering those games and joins us on the program. All right, where do you stand with Kentucky and the one and done approach.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a little bit more i think convoluted than that, just because it's been a while. When coaches wanted to go young, they sort of to go young, you saw it across the country. Then coaches wanted to get older because they felt that that was the best way to win. Now here's a bigger question too, Dan is with and I try to ask questions like this with coaches when I'm doing games, especially now in the tournament, but during the season, how do you build a program? How do you build culture? Now with nil and with the transfer portal being so relevant, because before you know, you would get a freshman and you say, okay, two or three freshmen, and let's grow these young men. Let's build them by the time they're south I mean juniors and seniors their season, they know the program and of the culture, and we have an older team, and then that just goes down like Villanova, you know, would do that, Michigan State would do that, Wisconsin schools like that, Gonzaga. The challenge today is with freshmen, depending on their background, the patients part to know that you may sit a little bit and not play when in your ear other programs are saying, what you come here, you can play right away, And that may be where programs with nil may have to overpay to keep freshman in place to build that. So with John Kylipiri, Listen, last year they lost to a team that was a higher seed. So it's not just well yet young guys this year. He had an older team last year that lost, So it's and this team here with these young freshmen. Let me tell you something about Greg Campion Oakland. I've learned this over the years covering him. Coaches in the industry love and respect and hate him at the same time they don't want to schedule him in a non commerence. I've been a lot of games with Oakland, so it's against Michigan or Michigan State where there's been so much respect for him. So this is not a flul this is coaches No, he can coach Okay, But to answer your question, it's been that way in a way out in regards to just a team full of freshmen thinking that you're going to win. Coaches have gotten off that train a while ago and really search for the transfer portal to get old and stale.
Speaker 2: What would you do if you're Kentucky this situation with coach count would you would you even be thinking about making a change.
Speaker 4: I would you have to because here's the thing about You're paying coach cast a lot of money to win games. This is Kentucky. You're thinking about national championship. But also you're going to be conscious that you're not going to win a national championship every year? But how do we compete? How do we grow? Where's our where's the state of our program? These are the questions that you have to ask. We're going to be four or five years from that, and who could be the successor? Is it a younger individual that will grow with the new culture? And understand where we want to go? These are all the things that you have to understand. I just went through the process with not myself, but with the new Ad Rossborg president at Ohio State and in regards to evaluating where the program wants to beget. We're not Kentucky from a basketball perspective, but these are the questions that the same ads across the country are asking. But I think it's critical and I think now is a time that you have to reevaluate and look at whether the state of the program, whether that's cal they they're at Louisville, you know what I mean, in different areas Ohio state. You know what's out there in the market and who can best fit us, not just for today but for the next five or hopefully ten years.
Speaker 2: I just think that, you know, building up and getting that recruiting class as opposed to you know, going around the country and saying, hey, I could get a shooting guard, I can get a rebounder here. These guys are already proven and nil. I mean, the transferred portal has changed all of this. I would look at Villanova, what they've done. I'd look at what Yukon's doing right in front of us right now.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: It's nice to have potential, but potential, if they reach it, they're probably only playing one year. And if I I'm going to get somebody with experience who maybe understands they're not an NBA player, That's where I'm going.
Speaker 4: Well, but here's the thing, though, Dan, You're looking at Villanova Yukon. They've already been built, so their culture was there, but this year they got Cam Spencer at Yukon to replace Hawkins and some guys. Okay, so they got one transfer in that paid huge dividends. Talking to Tom Izo at Michigan State, he's kind of in that in between where he understands that he has some young guys that he can grow, but that he may have to dip his foot at some point into the transfer portal. It's it's an interesting dynamic. Villanova is the same way this year that have you know, three or four transfer they came in. Yeah, okay that Kyle Neptune had to figure out how to build that program differently, and I don't think you're going to be able to build it the same way that you did before. Look Chris Jans for Mississippi State, the coach there at a press conference, came in and said, I'm not here to build a program. I'm here to win. And if that means that every year i'ma have to go to the transport portal and look for a point guard for shooting guard, That's how I see it as building. So everybody has their different way of looking at it, Dan, but we're still evolving into what NIL and this transport portal is ultimately going to be. So we're not done yet it's still some adjustice to a matrix. I believe that are going to happen in the next few years.
Speaker 2: Talking to Jim Jackson, former NBA star, Ohio State star and now working for Fox and Turner as a basketball analyst, you know you, I don't know how much you got to see with Jack Golki lighting up Kentucky. But like, guys get into the zone and it's just weird, go like that feeling you get. You don't know how you get into it or how you fall out of it. But he was in it, certainly in the first half. What is that feeling like?
Speaker 4: It's nothing like it. It's nothing you to prepare for. I mean one time when I was my fifty point game in Dallas, I was sick. The night before We're playing in Denver. Couldn't sleep, you know, the altitude, it was dry in my room, had a sinus infection. I was up all night. I had had to actually turn on the shower to let steam in in the room so I could breathe a little bit. So the next day practice, I mean, shoot around, I'm not feeling well, I'm dragging, But as a game, I got closer to the game. I just felt relaxed. I didn't think about anything. I didn't know Ala have fifty. But once I started to play, I just let the game take over. They didn't think about it. And guys I've talked to are guys I seen that have been in the zone. It's just one of those things, is that, Dan, It's a it's a euphoria you have. We don't even think about it. Body is just so real, like you just hope you're just playing. And the teammates know it too.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was going to ask you that, Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Teammates and coaches know it. So we'll try to get a player in the situation where the ball touches their hand and you get guys easy shots. And then once you start cooking sometimes bro you some of the shots, he said, you know, you just over two or three defended, and the defense defense nothing you can do about it unless you just all out faceguard. I mean, he never touches the ball, which is virtually impossible because you're gonna give up laps and everything else around the court. But nothing like it, Dan.
Speaker 2: We had Right Thompson, great writer from ESPN. He did a profile on Caitlyn Clark and I said, you know, who does she remind you of? And he said Kobe with a ponytail, And he said that.
Speaker 4: From what perspective, was it her demeanor? What kill her attitude? Killer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But you know, and here's the thing too. It's funny because women's basketball has had this in the past, but the the I think what's happening is in sports today because of social media, because and io, because of sponsorship, more eyes have been on it. Yet last year's National Championship Game helped tremendously, But it's been Maya Moore, Brianna Store, Candae Parker. It's been women's basketball players who have dominated and played well and could have been in the same position. And this is not taking anything away from Caitland Clark that same situation, but the coverage, the intrigue wasn't the same. Does she have a story? It's a story there that makes people want to follow. And the thing that I hate is this, you can praise other athletes and other players without tearing one down. And that's that's the tendency of what has to happen. Well, Caitlyn Clark is this, but she's not. That has nothing to do with it. She is her own entity. She's great at what she does. If you want to say another player is better, or another player at a different time is butter, that's fine, but don't tear her now because of that. You know the whole thing with pistol p they're totally two different things. Okay, distol Peace record is totally different because it's a men's game. So I understand how they compare the numbers, but how you get to those numbers are totally different because the level of competition is different, the timing is different. But what she's accomplished in women's basketball is not. It's unbelievable what she's done for the sport, and she should be praised for that. But there are other women who come before her who are playing right now that also should be acknowledged. Maybe not in the same stratosphere because she's the hot one right now, but my goodness, man, more people. I saw a thing where more people have bought and bought tickets to the women's Final four already than the men all right, already?
Speaker 3: Does she have more range than you did?
Speaker 4: Yes, no doubt because we weren't shooting thinking about this dad back then. If you shot Larry Bird is a great shooter. If you shot three three points, you were shooting a lot. That's why records are hard to like. Okay, you passed Larry Bird? What duh? I mean Larry Bird shot three to three points. He maybe shot one hundred for the year. If you're a quarterback, if you think about this outside of maybe Dan Fouts and maybe Fran targetson back in the day, Dan Marino, who threw the ball a lot, it was run first pass. Yeah, so you don't think Troy Aikman, you don't think Joe Montana. If they threw and passed the ball a lot more, they'll have more yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So of course Drew Brees and all these quarterbacks today are gonna have more passing yards because they're throwing the ball thirty forty times a game. Well, back then, you threw it eighteen to twenty or fifteen. So we got to keep in mind when we talk about these records, how they're accomplished and why, and you got to keep that in a relative format when you're talking about the greats.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got one more question for you.
Speaker 4: I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Jay Jay Williams said Kyrie is the most skilled player to ever play the game.
Speaker 4: It's hard not to argue with his skill set what he does. Okay, when people hear that, oh of the let's just break it down. Left hand, right hand, he can shoot it from three. The handles are unbelievable. Now when Kyrie wants to set guys up and pass, he can do that. Can he finish with the best of them at the rim? Yes, he can. You tell me one area of Kyrie's game that's not exceptional. You can send them left. He's gonna finish with his left, right hand, jump shot, mid range, a little post up on the block. What are you going to take away from Okay?
Speaker 3: Is he the most skilled player in the history of the game in your opinion?
Speaker 4: No, one of the most skilled players. Kobe was unbelievable. You know, so was Tim Duncan in his skill set. Okay, his skill set, his fundamentally skill set, he was unbelievable. Michael Jordan with his footwork.
Speaker 3: Is Kyrie more skilled than the Joker?
Speaker 4: No? I think both have their own What Joker is able to do at seven foot is unbelievable, and he's doing the same kind of thing now. He doesn't handle it like Kyrie, and I don't expect him to. But he handles it good enough to get from point A to point B to push it down the break. Have you seen, joker? I did really get picked the basketball?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, his handle was made for what he does. It's made for what he does.
Speaker 3: All right, have fun today?
Speaker 4: Well, the day is the perfect day. You know what, It's just it's just practice, practically.
Speaker 3: Have fun today.
Speaker 4: Well, well, I had a couple of cigars a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Oh really, okay? Always what are we smoking?
Speaker 4: I have a little Hoya Monter Ray Sam Juan oh Coheba fifty fifth, one of my favorites. Yeah, okay, it'll be a two for three for to day.
Speaker 3: I had a Koheba robusto last night?
Speaker 4: Did you was it Dominican or Cuban? Which one one?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You can't smoke here.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can't buy it. You can you can you can smoke that.
Speaker 3: Okay. If if it's a gift, I don't need to know how you.
Speaker 4: Got it exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, have fun today? Great, great to catch it, Thank you, buddy. That's Jim Jackson, Fox Turner basketball. Lest He's always fun.
Speaker 3: He's the best.
Speaker 2: He's great, the best of the best guests we have yep, when we come back Jake from State Farm.
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 9: Paulli Foosco here with Tony Fusco, you know, as the host of the number one rated Paully and Tony Fusco Show. We get tons and tons of fan mail every day, piles of it. In fact, Tony, why don't you open up one of those letters right now and read what's inside?
Speaker 10: Hey, listen to this. Dear Paulie and Tony, your sports takes the dumbest and most terrible. Wait open this other one. Dear Paulie and Tony, you suck more than anyone. Wait, try this one. Dear Paulie and Tony, you guys are the absolute best. There you go coming up with the stupid is take get Just.
Speaker 9: Listen to The Folly and Tony Fusco Show on the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: We got introduced to uh Jake from State Farm. That was last year and Kevin Miles is his name.
Speaker 2: I don't know if many people know his name, but a longtime actor of course, the Star and Jake Good to see again, Kevin good to see what what can I call you?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to call you? Kevin?
Speaker 11: Hey, you can call me keV Dan. We've been this second time around. You lose for this year, you know, it's it's.
Speaker 4: keV for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, how has your life changed since you started doing these State farm commercials?
Speaker 11: Wow, it's it's it's it's been a it's been such an interesting ride.
Speaker 12: I mean, I never thought that I would be really, really, really recognizable walking around. But the energy is so good, you know, the energy feels exactly where I will love life to be, you know, where everyone just has a a i mean a smile saying hello, and and they're excited to see me. I'm excited to see them. I'm glad that they're, you know, loving the campaigns. And I mean, it's it's it's been a rod like that. So it's kind of opened a lot of a lot of doors for me these days.
Speaker 2: But then I see a Caitlin Clark game in Iowa. Yeah, and okay, you're there, and Travis Scott walks by, and you up and I'm thinking, wait, Travis Scott is seeking He's going up to you instead of the other way around.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, well, I mean if I saw him sitting there, I definitely would have went up to him as well. But it's it's actually the second time he's come up to me at an event, and it's been random seeing him. But I mean, it's it's always such an honor. It's kind of wild because I remember seeing him when he started. He opened up for the weekend and my friend and I went to his show. So being there where you know, he you know, recognizes me just sitting there is a surreal moment. I mean, but definitely feels cool, you know, to be recognized by you know, superstar megastar.
Speaker 3: Do you get a super Bowl ring from the Chiefs?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 11: I keep talking to Andy about that, but he keeps dodging my text messages.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: I feel like maybe I could get you know, one or two, you know, maybe a diamond or two.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: But but I mean they go out there and do all the hard work. I'm just there before the King.
Speaker 2: But they give out rings to employees, I mean, you and Andy and Patrick and commercials. I would think that they would say, you know, Kevin, we got a got a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Ring for you.
Speaker 12: You know, I think I think, I think maybe for the third one, you know, I'll probably get have a better chance that you know, really smooths in the organization to get one.
Speaker 2: You know, he's Kevin Miles, He's Jake from State Farm. Now, I was wondering, let's say somebody wanted to put you in a movie and you're a serial killer. Oh okay, do you have to run that by State Farm? If you're going to be a serial killer in a movie, you know, truly, yeah.
Speaker 12: Something something very very dark. Really, I would let them know. But honestly, you know, they've been super supportive of my acting career.
Speaker 11: You know, I mean, I have this. I was doing a project and I do my best to change all my characters up.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 12: I know that a lot of people have seen Jake and it's it's resonated with you know, the culture and the audience, and I love that.
Speaker 4: I was hoping for that.
Speaker 3: But you have corn Rows right now? For is this for a movie role? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: I did a couple.
Speaker 12: I did a couple of tapes, a couple of chemistry reads. So I just wanted to do something different.
Speaker 3: You know, So you were auditioning, so you're you're you're auditioning.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, auditioning as well as uh, I was filming a couple of things.
Speaker 3: You know, Jake from State for him, you're Drake from State Farm.
Speaker 11: Bringing it back, bringing it back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, with the rais yeah man, yeah, and.
Speaker 11: Think about that.
Speaker 12: It's honestly helped me to be able to keep the the Jake afro. But then also you know, switch it up and just be a little versatile. I mean, who knows, the next time I come here, I might have you know, some some long locks.
Speaker 6: You never know, I like that.
Speaker 3: Do you help the athletes with tips in the commercial.
Speaker 11: And the commercial? Absolutely?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, you know we'll be We'll be sitting there and uh everyone always asks us if we, you know, really have State Farm and you know Patrick and I both have it, and you know we let them know it is keeper the bundles, so you know, I mean we we we give the this good solid tips.
Speaker 11: Even on on camera and off camera.
Speaker 12: Workout wise, I've definitely been trying to uh be in the gym with a couple of them.
Speaker 11: I want to see if I can survive every now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I said, I'm seeing the arms like you know, you're you usually show the gun when you're on camera.
Speaker 14: I get it.
Speaker 11: I know I covered them up today. A little different, a little different for you keep the mystique.
Speaker 3: Are you going to the Final four?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 12: I mean I think that's up to a couple of teams. I would I would love to, I would hope. So you know, I love basketball a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: But Clark is at the Final Four, and she's in a state farm commercial.
Speaker 11: The chances are high, I won't lie about bad. Chances would be high. But sometimes, you know, I always want them to do their thing too, you know.
Speaker 12: I love I love being there, but I think once I know them, you know, and we've worked together and and Kaitlin is great, Like we talk all the time, and she's such a sweet person, but just a monster on the court, Like when she turns it on, she turns it on. And I never really want to be there to distract I don't think I distract her anything, but uh, but I feel more like a friend that just wants to be out of the way sometimes, you know, And if I'm there to support I, you know, even at that last.
Speaker 11: Game, you know, I uh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 12: I didn't want so much attention on me because it was such a historic night for her, you know. And of course he gets all the attention. But being there, even my adrenaline, I'm sweating, you know. I'm like, I'm like a parent in a way. I want I want my team to win. I want them to do well.
Speaker 11: I want everyone to stay safe. I want to have a great game.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm excited to watch it. It's it's always a ride, you know. I'm better at home.
Speaker 2: I think, well, it's great to catch up with you again. And uh, good luck with the auditions that you had, and oh yeah yeah, and uh, any any surprise athletes, any cameos coming up from anybody. Last time we had you you you couldn't tell us and then we had to find out. But is there anybody in my surprises?
Speaker 11: I I don't think I could give any tips this year. I love to surprise you. I need you, Dan, I don't want to let you down. I want to ruin the surprises for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah okay, yeah, all right, Well look maybe.
Speaker 11: Maybe when something comes in I'll send a text to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, that'd be fine.
Speaker 11: I'll send you a sneak peak BTS picture.
Speaker 2: You could even just do like not even the face of the person, maybe just from behind and you'd say, just.
Speaker 11: Like an elbow pick out this prices on the roster of the league.
Speaker 2: I'll try to match that up. Hey, grats on the success and thanks for joining.
Speaker 3: Us as always, Hey, thanks for you.
Speaker 11: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Kevin Miles aka Jake from State Farm. Pretty good run, you know, Yeah, it's a great run. And they always give him like just a good one. Yeah, he'll be like just one line. He always has to have one that, you know, get to have maybe the best line, although Reggie's line with a you know, an old pacer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, I am still just.
Speaker 5: Blown away by the level of fame that he has acquired, Kevin, that he's just like well, I mean if I saw Travis Scott, I would have just gone up to him first.
Speaker 3: What even then?
Speaker 4: What? Yeah?
Speaker 7: So if you remember the original State Farm commercial where there was a guy named Jake, and remember the wife and the husband and he's talking late night and it was this kind of dumpy looking guy at a State Farm office. He goes, I'm wearing Khakis. So everyone wonders why Kevin Miles, the actor, replaced him in the commercial. So the guy in the original commercial was a real state farm agent at their headquarters, and so he did they just placed him in the original commercial because I think he had three words. I think one word maybe Khakis.
Speaker 3: Oh so what he said? Well, what are you wearing? Yes?
Speaker 7: And yeah there's a big dude. Oh okay, says Khakis.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well that they didn't put that guy in the next set of commercials because they needed an actor to be in these series of commercials. And that's where Kevin Miles got high.
Speaker 3: Pretty good run. Justin and Idaho, Hi, Justin. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning, Dan. I'd love to share some good news with you. I'm actually about halfway into a five hour drive from North Idaho into Postal Washington to go pick up a new puppy.
Speaker 3: Oh nice.
Speaker 15: In honor of Crappensburg State, I convinced my wife to get.
Speaker 6: A ship suit.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the name of your shitsu?
Speaker 6: I do not know yet.
Speaker 15: I think on your eyes for some advice, and because it is an honor of the show and you guys, I was thinking something like Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: Okay, do we have any suggestions for a shitsu in honor of Crappensburg State.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is where we need. Fritzy.
Speaker 5: You've had a couple of shitsus in my day, you have, I have, yeah, yeah, but none of them were named Iron.
Speaker 3: How about Crappy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Crappy, you're right here, here, Crappy, give me here, Crappy, Sir wags lot Joe in Phoenix, Hi Joe, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Good morning, guys. I know we're all missing Fritzy, and in honor of him, in honor of March Madness, I have a rhyme time Crappensburg State Edition.
Speaker 3: Okay, so all right.
Speaker 13: The first one unsecured pooh, unsecured pooh, Any takers that would be?
Speaker 14: That would be a loose deuce, A loose deuce.
Speaker 4: The next one is thank you.
Speaker 14: The next one would be pack p a C K pack toilet, pack toilet. That would be a load commode.
Speaker 3: Load commode, All right, Fritzi ask all right?
Speaker 4: Last one?
Speaker 3: Okay, last one?
Speaker 4: Okay, call back.
Speaker 14: This is a callback to when I called in right before Christmas break, when Crappensburg State announced their new coach coach Richardson, Richardson's high tops, Richardson's high tops. That would be Pooh's shoes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pooh Richardson, Okay, all right, a lot of pooh humor. We're still getting mileage out of Crappinsburg State.
Speaker 3: Yes we are, Yes, we are all right. Last call for Uh, Tod just sent me something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's it in regards to it, says duty Houser, like Doogie Houser.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that has to do with anything.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 16: I think for the name of the dog, it might be oh Doody Houser. Oh he has l Yeah, he would have said that if he was healthy.
Speaker 2: And then he said, if in honor of the shitsho, you call it poopy, your poopy dog. Tod's maybe running a fever. All right, let me take a break. Last golf for phone calls.
Speaker 3: What we learn? What's in store for Monday? Right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live, Ah Meet Friday, Good Stuff. All the recipes available at Danpatrick dot Com. Final results of the poll question what we learned today basketball later today and tonight, and we'll try to accomplish all of that coming up.
Speaker 3: Final results of the pole question seton.
Speaker 5: Who's having a worse twenty four hours show, Hey Otani or Kentucky coach John cal Parry. Right now, it's at fifty two to forty eight show, Hey dub, You're not having the worst day, Okay. And then we also put up there the foul call at the end of the Kansas Sanford game is the worst call in tournament history, the worst call of all time in any sport. Some people not getting the tongue in cheekness of this, but eighty three percent is the worst call in tournament history.
Speaker 3: Okay, christ and Florida. Hi Chris, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 17: Hey Dan? First of all, I just wanted to say, and I think Polly would totally agree with me, is this is one, by far, one of the best shows that Fritzi's ever had, without a doubt. The other thing I wanted to say to Paulli was I disagree with something he said yesterday about show Hey A Tani. I do think he should be investigated, partly because I'm a big Giants fan, but I also think Mookie Betts is involved somehow. I just think he's got to be involved. He's close with show. Hey, and what about what about Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna get everybody suspended.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I see what you're doing. That's that's one way to beat the Dodgers. Spend them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good in everybody in the lineup. Dale in Kentucky, Welcome back, Dale.
Speaker 3: What's on your mind?
Speaker 18: Hey, Dan black Friday here in Kentucky. I got me thinking about the level of intensity of Kentucky fans. Are you familiar with the term a WE fan? WE fan?
Speaker 2: No, unless you're saying the coach says we or that fan says we as if they're playing.
Speaker 14: We played well. We played well.
Speaker 18: So it got me thinking, other than Alabama football in Kentucky basketball, are there any other fan bases that are predominantly WE fans in sport?
Speaker 2: Oh I would imagine Ohio State, Like, there's a lot of them. There's some that you probably wouldn't you wouldn't think would be saying that. I think most fan bases talk about we.
Speaker 3: Yes see, I.
Speaker 5: Don't even understand why saying we is a problem? Like to me, if you're somebody who gets upset by someone referring to like the team as we, like, oh yeah, how many minutes did you play last night?
Speaker 3: Dude? Just it's like a car.
Speaker 5: It's like a personality flaw or something like who cares. Like even my son's soccer team, I'm like, oh, yeah, we play so and so this weekend. I'm just driving them to the game.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: But it's the one that you're personally invested in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marvin says we when he talks about Connecticut bantasketball.
Speaker 3: Always yeah, yeah, I mean men's and women's. Yeah, I'm fine.
Speaker 2: Best game today? Do we have something that really stands? What's the upset today? Who's the Oakland today or tonight? Any any takers here?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Paul Colgate, Baylor, Colgate's been there before.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're an experienced team.
Speaker 7: Guard play Western Kentucky, Dan, you know that area of the country. Versus Marquette.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marquet's best players still a little banged up.
Speaker 7: Yale, Auburn, mm Vermont Duke.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Oh, there's some people who have picked Vermont to win that game?
Speaker 6: Did you.
Speaker 7: It's so pandering, it's complete panning.
Speaker 3: What was it, Terry Bowden? You've got Vermont beating Wisconsin? Yes, the Catamounts.
Speaker 2: Uh was it Terry Bowden the former coach who told us that joke about Yale? Oh where he was asking somebody, where are you from? And he said Yale? And the guy then goes where are you from? He goes, Yale.
Speaker 3: At little southern accent there. I don't know what made me think of that.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: So are you guys calling the Vermont duke up set here? Wow?
Speaker 7: A couple of us got that. Okay, Grambling Purdue sixteen seve on a run.
Speaker 3: They're like a twenty six and a half point underdog.
Speaker 7: Longwood Houston just for the headlong Wood, Yes, yeah. And then Grand Canyon, which is nowhere near the Grand Canyon. It's in Phoenix versus Saint Mary's.
Speaker 2: I'm going Grand Canyon to shock the college baunsketball world. Yeah, I'm going Grand Canyon. Yeah, PAULI goes, you know, Grand Canyon. It's not near the Grand Canyon. I go, what's in Arizona? So, boy, like, I'm going to give them what's said coastal Carolina is not on the coast. It's like six miles inland. But inland Carolina has no ring to it. No one's going to England.
Speaker 7: This day in sports history, let's see oh eighteen ninety three, the first college women's basketball game played at Smith College in Northampton, Mass. Nineteen oh four, a patent was issued for a baseball's catcher mit, a baseball mit for the catcher, specifically Zepper from the rest of the team. Nineteen thirty four, the first Masters was held. Nineteen sixty seven, Muhammad Ali was stripped of his heavyweight title for refusing induction to the Army.
Speaker 2: Nineteen sixty nine, Luel sindor most Outstanding Player for a third consecutive year. If he played when he was a freshman, they would have won the title again and he would have been probably most outstanding player for consecutive years. Also nineteen eighty nine, Clint Malartschuk of the Sabers suffered a near fatal injury. Another player's skate accidentally slit his throat. And I had just gotten to ESPN, and I remember how crazy that was that somebody nearly died because the blade of the person skate slit his throat.
Speaker 3: Let's go round the room. What we learned on the program? Todd's not here?
Speaker 4: Seaton?
Speaker 3: What did you learn?
Speaker 5: Jim Jackson educating us that it's not only it's not illegal to smoke cubans here, just buy them.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, if you get one, be prepared.
Speaker 2: If you haven't had a Cuban cigar are I wouldn't suggest you start out smoking cigars by having a Cuban cigar because you might turn green and the room might spin a little bit.
Speaker 3: Marvin? Would you learn today? Setan's got Vermont going to the Sweet sixteen? Paulie? What did you learn today?
Speaker 7: Oakland is in Michigan?
Speaker 6: Seaton?
Speaker 3: What did I learn today?
Speaker 5: You learned so many things? You learned today was the best show of Todd's career. Yes, we learned that shit who should be named Duke? What we learned brought to you by Discover. They want everybody to feel special. That's why with your discovered card, you have access to twenty four to seven customer service as well as zero dollar fraud liability, which means you're never held responsible for unauthorized purchases. Learn more Discover dot Com size credit card limitations like Fritzy Apply a lot of fun this week. Thanks for joining us, have a great weekend. Good luck to your brackets. We'll talk to you on Monday.