Speaker 1: Good morning, usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious. Some morning, Charlamagne the God peace to the planet.
Speaker 1: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 2: Guess what day it is? Good morning, how y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, jess. How you feeling?
Speaker 3: I feel good? Okay, I'm sorry this morning. I want to say sorry this morning.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: I'm walking across the street right coming to work, like I do each and every morning, and I see this truck approaching me and I'm like, oh, that's just the truck doesn't slow down.
Speaker 2: I'm like, she's gonna slow down. I did, and she pushed the gel. I said, wow, just just try to take me out.
Speaker 5: This morning, already out the way I want out the way he was and he's working for security, so I know I would hit the security before I hit him, so emmy was protected all around the board.
Speaker 2: You know that nothing wrong way.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta let you bump a hit somebody bage every now and then Jesus looking crazy.
Speaker 3: Yoh security bage.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, we do know that's security is white.
Speaker 1: But I can see how early in the morning, when the sun is just rising they both look Cause I get it.
Speaker 4: I said, Jesus, what did the justice warning? She tried to take me out? Sorry, she said, it.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't hurt that much. It's a little bum, all right.
Speaker 1: And I also want to tell all my Latino brothers and sisters out there, all my Latino brothers and sisters, Latino men don't call other men poppycholo.
Speaker 6: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Nobody does that.
Speaker 3: Do you even know what that means?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do. It means handsome man, are cute, cute daddy?
Speaker 3: Right, yes, cute daddy to be called poppy choolo.
Speaker 2: Not no need to be calling me poppy.
Speaker 3: Everybody would be gay to listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah to my guy, Salute to my guy. When he told me he said have a good day, poppy with a bunch of old in the text, I'm like, so he has your number. That's my guy. I'm not gonna say his name, but that's my guy.
Speaker 3: You like for people to call you king pin?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I was like, you know how you texted me you get.
Speaker 5: You sent me a screen shot the other day and it was like he was like peace king He was like peace king Pin.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh the hell, I think this is what I think happened. The Devil season two is out The Double Born Again on Netflix. The big villain on The Devil name is Kingpin. I think that he meant to say king.
Speaker 3: Little game too much explaining.
Speaker 2: For nobody to be calling nobody Kingpin.
Speaker 1: I really think that he meant to put king, but it just came king Pin because we both watched Daddy.
Speaker 3: He liked the hainy hainy correct that he was a hey king Pan.
Speaker 1: But Latino men stopped calling other men poppycho I.
Speaker 2: Don't like that you played like you want to play gay to play the way you'd.
Speaker 3: Be up here talking about some They probably like that gag reflects is on point.
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, at least I'm just playing. NB ain't playing. I'm not even in there. Don't even put me in it.
Speaker 6: I noticed somebody putting you.
Speaker 2: No, nobody putting nothing to me, sir.
Speaker 4: A poppy Poppychulo in his nasty poppy y'all Poppy Chulo and him cute Daddy and all right, well, comedian Jess Niche will be joining us this morning. She has a new comedy special, self Served. She shot this all herself on a majority of it on her cell.
Speaker 1: Phone, Yes, and majority of it is selfie styleists out now on Prime Video.
Speaker 6: Niche has been up here.
Speaker 4: Before, Yes, yes, yes, so we go kicking with just Niche. All right, well, let's get the show cracking. We got front page news when we come back. Today is the day they're talking about that real ID thing. So if you don't have a real ID, expect to take a little extra time in the airports. You might get a little more screening. And they're saying carry a pass with you all just to be delayed, yes, and probably not take off.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front.
Speaker 2: Page news now.
Speaker 4: Last night the Warriors beat the Ti tim Owolves ninety nine eighty eight, but Steph Curry got injured. He had like a hamstring strain, So then that show if he's going to be able to play in Game two. And last night also the Pacers beat the Cavaliers one twenty one nineteen.
Speaker 2: What a game. The Paces lead the series to nothing.
Speaker 4: Now the Celtics and Knick step play tonight the Nuggets in OKC plate tonight.
Speaker 2: What up Morgan?
Speaker 7: Hey, I had good morning?
Speaker 5: Hi y'allen, relaxed girl. He called them drids, Tell him called them locks locks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was trying to put it in a ponytail a bun. I don't know.
Speaker 8: It's just doing what it wants to do. But let's get into front page news.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 8: So the newly elected Canadian Prime minister is telling President Trump his country is not for sale. So while in the Oval Office yesterday with Prime Minister Mark Carney, Trump floated the idea again that Canada could become the first fifty first state. Now he said he would it would lead to lower taxes and a free military for the Canadian people, And Carney said, no sale. But he added that the real deal is in the partnership with the US, saying that it's things are always better when we work together. Let's take a listen to their exchange.
Speaker 9: I mean, I believe it would be a massive tax cut for the Canadian citizens. He had free military tremendous medical cares and other things. It would be a lot of advantage.
Speaker 3: Is having met with the owners of Canada over the course of the campaign last several months.
Speaker 2: It's not for sale, won't be for sale.
Speaker 8: Ever ever, So Trump says, the US and Canada joined without a border looks great on a map. Also during that meeting, President Trump couldn't help but mention President Obama. He talked about President Obama's Presidential center that is being built in Chicago. Let's take a listen to those comments President Obama.
Speaker 9: And if he wanted help, I'd give him up because I'm a really good builder and I built on time, on budget. He's building his library in Chicago. It's a disaster. And he said something to the effect, I only want DEI I only want work. He wants woke people to build it. Well, he got woke people and they have massive cost over runs.
Speaker 2: A job has stopped.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a disaster.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think President Obama said that. I haven't heard. I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that for sure, But that don't sound like something he would saying.
Speaker 7: No, but we can.
Speaker 8: I will say that the Obama Foundation did respond to the President Trump's comment, saying we can't wait to open our doors to the Obama Presidential Center next spring. In addition to a world class museum, the nineteen point three acre campus will feature a gymnasium, a fruit and vegetable garden, a branch of the Chicago Public Library, a playground, and so much more. Now, the initial budget on that project was four hundred about about four hundred and fifty million dollars. However, in twenty twenty two, the project was estimated to be increased to about eight hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 1: So, but did President Obama say he only wants DEI working on it, and he only wants woke people working on it?
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 6: It sound like something a person would say.
Speaker 7: No, But you know, he definitely was.
Speaker 8: You know, you know, he's going to push forward and want to have you know, a diverse people working on those projects.
Speaker 7: Of course of projects, of course, So there's that, But as far as.
Speaker 8: Just just only wanting woke and only wanting DEI come on out, you know who talked about it.
Speaker 1: It's also interesting that you know, Trumps pushing so hard to want a liberal country like Canada to be a part of America, you know. But I guess if you plan for, you know, the elections in the future not to be free and fair, you don't care who joins.
Speaker 4: I was confused how he said, Yeah, we'll help you with your military. Canada already has a strong military. Will help you with your healthcare. Then canad already has a great healthcare system. So I was thinking, like, what are you all free?
Speaker 3: It's true to make sure?
Speaker 7: All right, Well, that's your front page news for six a m.
Speaker 8: At seven, we will continue the conversation about real ID. There's an update from Homeland Security Secretary Christina.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get into all that next hour. Everybody else, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: I'm talent.
Speaker 2: I'm telling what you're doing.
Speaker 11: Call of you if this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 12: Just shout out from Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Brother, get it off your chest or.
Speaker 13: It was very good morning all.
Speaker 10: I love you all.
Speaker 2: I listened to you all the time in one wed or another. I just had time in this morning because I usually be at work, so I called there.
Speaker 4: I love these guys, man, I don't want to say.
Speaker 14: Let me all last to read.
Speaker 13: I shout out the more you would me.
Speaker 5: And breathe if they're coming in on a professionally and they put our lid on the games.
Speaker 2: With their reading, because I'll be mess enough, man, for real.
Speaker 6: I love you though none of us can read?
Speaker 15: Can you can't?
Speaker 10: You can't. You just said fixtures yesterday, you know, like you got four books out and you just said fixtures.
Speaker 6: But that ain't got nothing to do with reading. That's grandmar, sir.
Speaker 2: That is reading.
Speaker 12: There's reading, calling words, getting words white and read.
Speaker 2: You don't get the one of his white white challs.
Speaker 13: You, I don't mean if you white chaung stuff.
Speaker 1: I do, right, moll stuff. But I didn't use proper grammars. But that don't got nothing to do with not being able to read.
Speaker 2: Being able to read, Yes.
Speaker 14: You mess up paragraphs all the time, all y'all.
Speaker 2: I love y'allo. We love you back shah, thank you so much. I would love to hear your reading.
Speaker 6: But you gotta.
Speaker 1: Between literacy and uh not using proper grammar. I didn't use proper grammar and I would continue not to use proper gramma because I'm black.
Speaker 3: You never do say subscribe subscribe.
Speaker 1: That's not grammar either. That's just me mispronouncing uh subscribe.
Speaker 5: I'm misp No, it's not whatever, all right, whatever is Hi.
Speaker 2: This is Virginia from Harris for Hey, Virginia, get it off your chest.
Speaker 4: I'm good morning everyone at the money and Beep, the Morney, Charlemagne, the moon Jess and lawn peace.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 12: During the while, I want to say congratulations to my daughter, Viera Jordan's.
Speaker 8: She'll be graduating college Hampton University day, Sunny Day.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, congratu what she made psychology amazing profession Yeah, we need more black people in the mental health space. They need more black mental health professionals.
Speaker 2: So great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she'll go back to get her masters.
Speaker 2: That's so amazing. Where they're doing it. They're doing the indoors.
Speaker 12: From what I know me how they said outdoors.
Speaker 4: Ooh outdoors, Okay, Well, I hope the weather is amazing. They give you they still give you two tickets or four tickets.
Speaker 12: Well, this year they've given out nine.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, nine in the actual thing, because sometimes they'll do nine in the in the arena, in the nail do like one of the off sites.
Speaker 2: So they're doing nine in the arena for what she told me, she has nine available tickets.
Speaker 10: So I'm not complaining.
Speaker 2: Well, enjoy it, man, and which are the best.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It slew to everybody.
Speaker 4: Hampton University they do do graduation each and every year on Mother's Day, so all the mothers get there and get to see their sons or daughter graduate. It's always a beautiful time. That's one of my mom's favorite experiences.
Speaker 12: Oh thank you guys.
Speaker 4: All right, Virginia, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need the vent, hit us up now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. It's a new day.
Speaker 11: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Whether you're man or blast something to get.
Speaker 2: Up and get something call up now. Eight hundred five eighty five one oh five to one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 16: This is Drea.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dre want to get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 16: Hey, I just want to get off my chest. I called last week and I told him about Norfolk State homecoming and Charlemagne said that you will go possibly if we played South Carolina State. And we play South.
Speaker 2: Carolina State in Norfolk that's dope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, that's that's not what I said.
Speaker 1: I said that I was going to South Carolina State homecoming this year.
Speaker 16: I know that means you should come to Norfolk State's homecoming to we play on Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that ain't South Carolina State homecoming.
Speaker 16: Charl Man. You know, I'm just trying to get you there to support Michael v Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, s luthor, Michael big Man. I'm rooting for him, except for when he plays South Carolina Stick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to the game. I'm actually going to the one October fourth where they play Hampton. So I'm gonna go to a those games down there and support Mike Vick.
Speaker 16: Also do the NVY and Just and Lauren. You guys might come to the home coming to support.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, more than likely. Well, if I don't have shows around.
Speaker 2: That Norfolk State homecoming.
Speaker 3: It's the same time the home you can't read, I think it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be down there, and I'll be on the other side of the water, but I'll definitely be out to.
Speaker 2: Be down there. I gotta go there, and I gotta go to Delaware State's.
Speaker 4: Homecoming this year. If it's not the same time to support the football time, Sean Jackson.
Speaker 3: And I love Virginia. What is that, Virginia.
Speaker 2: Let me know I'm come those games.
Speaker 16: What I was going to say, it's close, hey, y'all, I was going to say, closer to the time. I'll call back in and whatever parties or whatever and that y'all may want to. I'll just see y'all if y'all feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, mama, have a go, y'all have a good one all right now.
Speaker 5: And you said subscribe, so no, you can't read because you know the B is subscribed.
Speaker 2: Difference between mispronouncing and being able to read.
Speaker 5: I know how to read, so read subscribe and subscribed.
Speaker 1: Because I'm the same way you say to you and me. Because you're from Baltimore, I'm from South Carolina. So that's the way we talk, just like in Boston. They say, also you are b's is these? Well no, the t's are straight. I say like, so I say straight screech from m hm.
Speaker 4: Yes, get it off your chest? Eight undrink five eight five one five. We got the latest Lauren coming.
Speaker 2: Out, Yes we do out there a bottle of castles just sitting in your chair.
Speaker 3: This one just gave me a gift.
Speaker 6: Oh Jess bought that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Why you act like you ain't no where it came from.
Speaker 3: It was her gifts. Why are you all in our business?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 6: That you don't give people with addictions.
Speaker 2: More of what? Now you're addicted?
Speaker 6: Yes, but you know what.
Speaker 3: Alcoholic with a bad wig? You really try say give it. He's addicted to being.
Speaker 2: A He just said, you believe it.
Speaker 3: I just missed.
Speaker 2: I got Trump. That's done.
Speaker 6: All of that is true. We'll continue. We have the latest.
Speaker 3: Can you ask me, because I'm not even going over what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 17: The met Gala has raised the most money in its history, thirty one million dollars bet on black, and I'm gonna break down why that is important for black designers, by creatives and back black artists before.
Speaker 3: We stop talking about the met Gala.
Speaker 4: We got to talk about that, okay, all right, we'll get to that next. And and just something personal. I heard something happen with our girl young a.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I just want you to do dive deep dive into that to find out.
Speaker 6: All right, young man with a good time talking about deep diving in.
Speaker 2: The young man, because you can do all right. It's the reafast, logan water, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is d J MV.
Speaker 4: Just hilarious, charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with.
Speaker 2: Lauren Long become little straight back. She gets somebody that knows, somebody gets to detail.
Speaker 3: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 11: And she'd be having the latest on the things, the larges the latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit everything.
Speaker 2: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Talking to me, all right, y'all.
Speaker 17: So the met Gala we talked about it went down on Monday, right, But the met Gala has actually made history. The met Gala this year raised thirty.
Speaker 3: One I'm gonna get the number right, hold on a million, yes, thirty one million dollars.
Speaker 17: Yes, And people are gonna wonder you Probably guys are probably wondering, like why does that even matter? And like a lot of people don't even know what the met Gala raises money. They thought it was a place that people dress up to get cute and go to. And this number, thirty one million dollars is the most money that the met Gala has ever raised in its seventy seven year history of the museum. Now, the museum, the money that they collect every year through like ticket sales and donations and things go to making sure the museum is able to like still do business because the museum funds itself and has been for all of this time. Now, the reason why that is important when it comes to the black designers, the black creators, and the black artists is because it allows for the Metropolitan Museum of Art to explore and celebrate Black history, culture and style throughst exhibitions. So it allows it to put on more exhibitions, to teach people, to research, to bring in the right people to the different artifacts and things that they bring into the museum, to keep them up for time, and it just you know, showcase what it like the Black Dandyism carpet that we just saw. A lot of those pieces and a lot of those stylists and a lot of those fashion designers all contribute to the Met Museum actual exhibition that you see behind the scenes. So now it's in here, people can come and see it, they can learn. So it's just basically kind of like, you know, an artifact. And people are saying, like, you know, on black because this year made so much history, because there was so much hype around it. People were really excited to see the looks, who was going to be involved, and because there was so much conversation around the cultural importance of this year's Met Galla nice yes now yesterday, Charlamagne, because I wanted to make sure I got this and you asked me about the black designers that were involved on the carpet, and I said, there were black designers and there were black silace. But I didn't have a complete list, and I didn't want to leave anybody out. I did want to mention some people though. Savannah James was actually styled by Hanifa. You know, honeya from Ireland, do not Maryland? Yes, Honefa, Yes, So she was, well she she's based there, but so she was started by Hanifah. You also have Lawan Smith who styled a bunch of people. Who's a designer. Sergio Hudson who was up here with Misstepio Yes, Dapper Dan of course. Uh, you have Paul taswell. Who did you on the Janelle money? There was There was a lot of different people. Jalil Weaver, did Rihanna?
Speaker 3: Do we know who did? Lauren Ill? I can look up. I I just I like, I really really loved her her outfit.
Speaker 17: And Romeo Hunt who I were yesterday. He also dressed someone for the met gala carpet as well. So there's a lot of black people that were really involved in this. So this is a major win for black creatives, but major win for the megala as well too.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 17: Yes, So moving on yesterday, this is a hard left turn. Smokey Robinson. There was a story that broke yesterday. Uh, the Smokey Robinson is being accused of sexual battery by four former housekeepers.
Speaker 2: How older woman?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 6: How old are these women?
Speaker 3: So the women are?
Speaker 2: How old is Smoky smoking? Yeah, I'm just making j.
Speaker 3: Gonna go with it too.
Speaker 2: I don't know the age.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I don't know the age of the women, but uh so, here's what happened. So there are four women that claimed that the four accusers say that they overlapped and working for Smokey and his wife Francis, and they claimed that there were assaulted multiple times, with the first incident happening in two thousand and seven. Now they're saying that they were repeatedly sexually assaulted and raped by Smokey Robinson and.
Speaker 3: During their employment. This is insane. Now.
Speaker 17: The suit was found in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning by the four Jane Does. So they are listed as Jane Does. Their names are not mentioned, which is probably why we don't have their ages yet. And they claimed that they used to work as housekeepers for the music star and his wife. So this first allegation, even though there's a variety of allegations made against Smokey Robinson, a document is that is that they claimed that Smokey Robinson will call them into his bedroom or other places while his wife was away from the house. These women alleged that Smokey would then force himself upon them, penetrating them allegedly with his fingers, forcibly giving them orals.
Speaker 3: Can I say it?
Speaker 17: We can say oral sex, or making them perform oral sex on him, and then raping them despite claiming they repeatedly told him no. According to a lawsuit, the woman claimed that Smokey would also sometimes lay down with a tie before allegedly forcing himself upon them so as not to make any mess on the bed sheets. At least two of the victims claim that he ejaculated inside of them without protection, and they're suing Smokey Robinson for sexual battery, assault, false imprisonment, and gender violence, and they're seeking at least fifty million dollars in damages. Now Smokey's white lawyer. The lawyer is not listed in the report that I see, but I can get that information for you.
Speaker 1: At some point, these lawyers taking these cases got to be bought upon a reco man. This is organized crime at this point, because it's a racket, Jane. Those come to these attorneys. Attorneys reach out to the artists, ask the artists to settle, and then when the artists don't want to settle, they go public with these accusations. And they tell the artists, Hey, we're going to go public with these accusations. If you don't settle with us, and then they let the media run with these stories, that's essentially a smear campaign. And it's always the same exact story every single time.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm trying to find who the lawyer is because I don't actually have the doc, but I can pull the doc. I did want to mention this part as well too, so Smokey Robinson's wife of twenty three years is also included in this lawsuit, even though the women were clear that she never engaged in any of the alleged sexual acts or rapes.
Speaker 3: They're suing her.
Speaker 17: Her name is Francis because they say she knew about prior alleged sexual misconduct that Smokey had committed and did nothing to prevent it from happening again. And they also claim that she created a hostile work environment. Francis did allegedly by using racially charged epithets, giving them various tasks, and depriving them of meal and rust breaks.
Speaker 3: That is crazy. Yeah, you said at one point forcible fillatio.
Speaker 17: Yes, and I reached out to Smokey Robinson's team, but I have not heard back on this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you I'm thinking about that smoke. You might not even know what's going on, Like I don't be on social media.
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Got a lassuit?
Speaker 3: I'm like this, you're gonna know.
Speaker 5: But the craziest thing is trying to have an old man forced his tongue.
Speaker 3: It's nothing like.
Speaker 18: The leal leally like, that is what that's what That's what most of them old men do because you know a lot of older guys they don't really know how to do.
Speaker 2: What going off?
Speaker 3: Just exactly that's what.
Speaker 18: You'll think that and lily like, that's what they do the older guys.
Speaker 3: It's called the legal yes, yes, leetle so oor women.
Speaker 2: All right, could you just shut up some times?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm not talking about I'm not talking about these women. I'm just thing I know, I know how it is when a older man think you know what he's doing and he trying to force the tongue and it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So thank you. And the attorney is John Harris. I've never I have not heard of this attorney.
Speaker 17: And the common thread is they're saying that the women are Hispanic who were employed as housekeepers.
Speaker 1: The common thread is that these lawyers come to the artists and tell the artists, if you don't settle with us, we're gonna make these accusations public. They always do it privately because there's a lot of people who feel like who might settle behind the scenes because they don't want this stuff to, you know, go publication. But and then if you don't settle, then they go public with it and try to smear you in the media.
Speaker 3: But y'all know, one thing I was watching yesterday.
Speaker 1: I saw Byron Scott yesterday, same thing. I'm like, who's that former NBA player from NBA cor.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's crazy. Listen, y'all, so this is breaking news. I was watching Love and Hip Hop yesterday. I know, I just like to go down memory lane. I was watching Love of Hip Hop New York Season three. Guess who used to be men DC's artists.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah from Harlem, And it's like, it's breaking news, yes to your generation.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, yeah, that's what okay to us?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: All right, that is the latest, And Laura, when we come back, we have front page news and then Justin should be joining us.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody at dej Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news, not quickly. NBA Playoffs the Warriors one last night ninety nine eight, ninety nine eighty eight. Steph Curry did get injured. He had a hamstring strain, so they don't know if he's gonna be playing for game two. And the Pacers lead the series to nothing. People are surprised about this. It won last night one nineteen. What a game that game was. It pretty much ended with a buzzy beater soundwalk.
Speaker 6: No basketball last night.
Speaker 2: I was good, It was good last night.
Speaker 8: Morning Morgan, good morning, good morning. So let's get back into front page news. So, Homeland Security Secretary Christy Noam says traveling without real ID compliant cards will still be permitted for now, but will likely face some more security steps. No Im shared the information while testifying before a House Appropriations committee on Tuesday. However, she all So noted that individuals without proper identification will likely face additional steps before they are permitted to travel. Maybe slide to an extra line and extra step like she said, the full enforcement date has been pushed back repeatedly since the law was first passed in two thousand and five, and it was finally slated to take effect today. So let's take a listen to Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nomes comments on real ID compliance to.
Speaker 19: Eighty one percent of the travelers that travel by airline in the United States today are already compliant, so they have IDs that already they will be able to use just like they normally always have been. We will be honoring passports other federally recognized IDs. Tribal IDs will be recognized, So thank you, mister Chairman for that. And what will happen tomorrow is folks will come through the line and will issue their ID and show it. If it's not compliant, they may be diverted to a different line, have an extra step, but people will be allowed to fly.
Speaker 4: I think they did this too fast, I think, and I know what they saying that all these peop high percentage of people have the real i D. But a lot of people have been trying to get the real i D for months now, and d MV has four months five months out to get this i D.
Speaker 2: And it's just gonna make things even worse for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will say that it hasn't been taken too fast. They've they've been telling us that your real life for some couple of years, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's been it wasn't that easy to get.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I've just been ignoring it.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to get it because for the last couple of years they've been telling us that you're gonna have to get real i ds. Actually they had, they had announced the date prior and then they pushed.
Speaker 3: It back, That's what they were saying.
Speaker 8: This has been repeatedly pushed back since two thousand and five, so I don't know about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, the reason I never kept getting it because they would already push your back.
Speaker 2: And the one thing I don't.
Speaker 4: Understand about the real I D is is you'll see when you go get the real I D it's the same exact thing. I guess the identification might is self be different, but all they asked for is the same thing. They want a passport into Social Security card, which is the same thing you had to get your regular driver's license and proof of address.
Speaker 2: That is it. So it's nothing extra on that I D that you need.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why you can't just turn in your regular drivers license to get another one cause I thought it was a star or something.
Speaker 7: Star is on the corner of it.
Speaker 8: That's the only difference that I've seen from my old one to my new one.
Speaker 4: But you still need the same information to get it your driver's license, so it's not like a different ain't.
Speaker 3: A chip inside of it. That's what they don't want to tell us.
Speaker 2: Look, Jack Blood, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just wrong because I was thinking that too, because you know, when I had to switch over, I took forever to switch over my South Carolina ID to my new Jersey I D and I asked for a real ID and they told me that was a whole other process.
Speaker 6: This is like two years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, Jesse.
Speaker 8: You might be onto something because I've recently renewed my passport and I will say it's a lot thicker than it was before.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, But real ID is an enhanced security driver's license that will be needed to board domestic airline flights in lieu of a passport. So right now, she says, if you are if you don't have a real idea, if you're not real ID compliant, you know you will be still able to travel for now, but you know they're still urging people to get real ID compliant. Speaking of tribal, New Jersey Congressman Josh Gottheimer, he's calling for changes at Newark Airport after the experiencing delays for a ninth straight day with air traffic control centers across New Jersey, Philadelphia, and now Long Island down forty staffers for the region, and the congressman is calling on the Trump administration to add more workers to the region, upgrade out data communication systems. And he also spoke about the economic impact that this is having. That Newark Airport, you know, is a quite the funnel of traffic into the country or just pretty much you know, people are traveling and using Newark International. Let's take a listen to those comments from New Jersey Congressman Josh Gotttheimer.
Speaker 21: But we must immediately immediately surge our investment and fix the technology issues at Nork Airport and our airports around the country. We cannot wait a day longer to get to work to fix the technology issues at Nork Airport, our region. We're twenty percent of the nation's sheef. He runs through.
Speaker 2: I'll say it over and over again.
Speaker 21: Tell me just how important of an artery for our country. Nork Airport is, right, it's not only critical to our economy, right, but it's critical to air traffic around the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So five air traffic controllers took trauma leave a last week following a communication failure that was a ninety second blackout, which they're saying that, you know, was very, very it was traumatic for those air traffic controllers, saying that they just didn't know what was going to happen in the ninety seconds during that blackout. And of course Senator Chuck Schumer is also calling for an investigation into whether these aviation related incidents are a direct result of dosee cuts.
Speaker 1: So there's too much going on, man. Just why people just be getting high and wanting to have a drink?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, God damn, did we just have a normal life?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 8: And the Supreme Court is allowing President Trump to implement a ban on transgender people serving in the military. Justice is granted an emergency request from the White House to get rid of a nationwide injunction that blocked the policy while litigation takes place.
Speaker 7: All three liberal justices dissented.
Speaker 8: Seven transgender service members had sued to block the order made by Trump. Separately, the US Court of Appeals in Washington, DC put a ruling on hold from a judge that also blocked the van nationwide while arguments have while while it heard arguments and has yet to rule now. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth he spoke at McDill Air Force Base in Tampa yesterday saying Trump is delivering on a generational investment to rebuild and redefined the military. And here's what Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth had to say.
Speaker 22: We are leaving wolkness and weakness behind. No more pronouns, no more climate change obsession, no more emergency vaccine mandates, no more dudes in dresses.
Speaker 2: Our standards will.
Speaker 22: Be high and in combat formations they will be gender neutral.
Speaker 8: So Hegseth went on to say that if you meet the standards, you can serve. And the goal is to provide troops with the most advanced technology so that American soldiers don't have to face a fair fight.
Speaker 7: Just real quick, can we just salute the troops and the vets for their service. You know for sure the work that you do and in the words of just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Let him fight.
Speaker 6: That is interesting.
Speaker 1: I would love to talk to some soldiers about that, because you know, a lot of times when you hear a lot of troops talk, they talk about how, you know, when they ad war, they just at war. Yeah, they're not thinking about you know, well, at least in regards to race. I can't speak to everything else. They just say when they ad war, that's my my, my soldier next to me, and that's that. I don't know how it is, you know, when that soldier identifies as something else.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but you know what, And and like you said, I would love to talk to the troops as well. Like that was my dad's main thing when he was in the military. He was like, when they were fighting.
Speaker 2: It was all good. It was like it didn't care, race, didn't matter.
Speaker 4: But as soon as they get off that barracks and they went to the restaurant and they wouldn't let my dad in because he was black, them white officers still winning there and ate. So it's so I guess it's it's it's a little bit different. So I would love to hear from the troops as well.
Speaker 7: All right, y'all, that's your front page news.
Speaker 8: Follow me on socials at Morgan Media, and for more news coverage follow app Black Information That Worked, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at v I nnews dot com.
Speaker 4: Thank y'all, alrighty, thank you Morgan. Now, when we come back, just Niche will be joining us. He has a new comedy special Self Served. We'll talk to her next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's dj n V just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the building, Justinie. Welcome back. How you feeling, man?
Speaker 3: I feel great, y'all, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last time you was here, you was talking about putting out your special.
Speaker 2: Now you got your special, actually out.
Speaker 3: Special drop job. I feel congratulation. Thank you. We got it.
Speaker 1: Done and you did it yourself.
Speaker 2: You funded it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You paid for it too. Think did you watch you in it? I see some of it.
Speaker 2: You did it all with your selfie in.
Speaker 3: A special.
Speaker 23: Clad When when I filmed out the first time, I said, y'all in the special, Yeah yeah, So it turned out real dope.
Speaker 3: So we just thank you.
Speaker 4: I want to see the course in totality to type for questions herself.
Speaker 23: Well, it was really like one hundred thousand dollars especially, but we got it done for.
Speaker 3: About a third. I know, that's right.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we had to make it do what to do? So I did it with my phone and then we had some real cameras too. But we did put that selfie shot in there because that was the whole.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so can I cut somewhere? Yes, okay, thank you.
Speaker 5: I got my first lady jacket on. I ain't know me like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, it's just it. Uh.
Speaker 23: We didn't raise all the money either, like I did the go for me, I'm thinking people's gonna give me more like that girl I got hit in here with the brick. Yeah, they gave up like fifty thousand dollars. So I was like, let me just ask for twenty, like I asked for like fifteen, and I thought I would get like twenty.
Speaker 2: Tragedy though, you gotta have a tragedy.
Speaker 3: Were all knew that I would have hit myself in there with a brick.
Speaker 23: Had just me trying to do it myself will be enough.
Speaker 4: People are liken, you heard about that lady the other day she called a kid a little boy and she put up a gold for me and she made over six hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Did she get made million?
Speaker 3: Yesterday? It was seven thousand.
Speaker 23: Look, okay, and I've been calling you know, it's just crazy, And yeah, I thought a lot of people would kind of just donate to it, like people I know with money, and I'm like, oh, I ain't ask for that.
Speaker 3: Much, but.
Speaker 23: Get it out the mud, and we did and it turned out it's really top five. I'm not even line the last ten years. What's your favorite comedy special in the last ten year? Don't say Dave Chapelle because we all know it's Dave Chapelle, but Dave Chapelle aside, that.
Speaker 2: Is my favorite. But to my like, I think it was one of my favorites. Stick and Stones would probably be in my top five of the last team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Neil Brennan actually has two that I probably would put in my top Yeah. Who else I'm trying to take of the specials that came out so I got.
Speaker 2: Was a funny one, but I'm trying to think of I can't think.
Speaker 1: Of the ones that Damn Andrew Shows, The Life that messed Up, that three of my top five is white people. But they really it was really funny. It was a good special, Like I gotta watch it. I got I gotta really check it with self, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gotta watch more stand up. Damn man to think like two of them in the last ten.
Speaker 3: Are not really caring about comedy specials because people just been putting out garbage anything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 23: It's not people like okay, another comment, but then it's like, okay, I don't.
Speaker 6: Know any comedians who watch other people specials like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's a good special, we watch. Keith Robson had a really good comedy special, Different Strokes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Different Strokes was good.
Speaker 2: Different Strokes good.
Speaker 20: Right.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Earthquake latest one, even though it was like it was like short, but it was so good.
Speaker 3: It just came out like last year, two years ago. Earthquakes. Yeah, oh yeah, people, I don't know.
Speaker 23: I guess people, well, this one is real dope. So y'all can watch this one and then let me know.
Speaker 3: It's just you by yourself. You've got the openers. Nope, it was just me because some people.
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, no, I had no openers. I went straight in. It was all me and Kevin Hard was in it, Charlamagne.
Speaker 3: Was in it. Uh I was in it, d Ray, uh DC, Young Fly people was in it.
Speaker 23: Nobody know, but when I have my cell phone, I really was getting that footage.
Speaker 5: It was that and then that shows the reality part of it. So what else is it? Did you go around in Chicago.
Speaker 3: And like every city I went to?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 23: Yeah, so it was like half documentary, half special, filmed all by me. So that was the running joke, like I'm feeling my special, but it was really just me and.
Speaker 3: My phone and that stayings. How that's different apart from every other You got a couple of little sketches in between the comedy.
Speaker 23: And you know, I don't know if anybody anybody who followed me know that. At my shows, I do who is this? Pull my phone out and take pictures couples in the crowd. So I was doing that for special and this uh, this guy, he didn't want to take the picture. He was like, oh, dude, a hat And I thought he was playing at first. I was like, just take the picture, you know, everybody else, everybody else was smiling it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he didn't want to take the picture.
Speaker 23: So his girl They end up walking out in the middle of the special, and we kept it in there because I told him, I said, we're not taking this out, you know, like she should have just really chilled outright she walked out. The whole crowd was like, oh. The cameraman followed her all the way the room. So yeah, people were going in because the clipped viral and people was like, oh, you bogus for like taking pictures of people.
Speaker 5: Girl believe that's more promotion and just stopped cheating.
Speaker 3: Sitting in the road, I mean, like, hit.
Speaker 2: In the back, stupid, it don't take comedy show. Yeah, sitting in front up front.
Speaker 3: I guess she probably about the tickets.
Speaker 2: But did his wife hit you yet?
Speaker 23: No, And the lady said it wasn't that deep because I did talk to her after the show.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm playing it in there if that's okay.
Speaker 2: She was like, yeah, oh yeah, what I like about the special?
Speaker 1: To d Ray Davis, he was an EP on it, Yes, and that's big being that d Ray is from Chicago and I like seeing people from you know, each other's cities supporting each other in that way.
Speaker 6: How did he become an EP?
Speaker 3: I reached out, I said, I need you.
Speaker 23: You know, I toured with d Ray for like three years when my first time hitting them, so I just you know, I was hitting the people that I was cool with and I knew probably had it.
Speaker 3: So Y was like, no problem, what you need and he was like, really the about the only one? Yeah, So I'm like, that's cool. It happened. I was supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: He was the only comedian you mean like that supported or that once a.
Speaker 3: Bit EP because I reached out to a few the big EP on it. So yeah, he was down.
Speaker 4: How difficult is it coming up in the in the in the comedy game, because it seemed like you had a rough come up, like people don't show up for you as much as you expected.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not even that.
Speaker 23: I just think people feel like, I'm okay, if that makes sense, she don't need it. It's like, no, I do for this special, but everybody like, funny, she could do this, So I feel like it's more so that then I don't want to help her.
Speaker 5: She got it, But then probably is this like the first time you've ever reached out for any type of many because you're not the type that really do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like, you're good.
Speaker 5: I don't got to like, but I'm asking. I'm asking a little putt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So, but no, everybody really rocking me. It's been good. Coming up comedy has been real. It's been good. I got no complaints. Nobody gave me no money for this.
Speaker 5: But noposed to get and it came out real good.
Speaker 23: So I couldn't have asked for a better I'm very proud of it and I feel like it's real special because of the way I have to do it.
Speaker 5: How is and congratulations is on Amazon Prime? How are they with pushing it like marketing?
Speaker 23: Well, since it's not an Amazon Prime, I'm original original. All the marketing is still on me. So we still were still market We had a Time Square billboard shout out to fair E and T and Seoel Pierce. She got us the billboard riding Time Square. So uh, we were still pushing. We're just pushing and it's the feedback has been just crazy.
Speaker 4: We got more with just Niche when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club, Good morning morning.
Speaker 20: Everybody is the dj MV.
Speaker 2: Just Hilari and Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 4: We are The Breakfast Club is still kicking with Just Niche a new comedy special, Self Serve. It's out on Prime Video now, Jess, did you really.
Speaker 3: Get kicked out of a weight loss camp?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: If you drink, they kick you out the program. Yes, at the camp. How you well, no you can't. It's a no, it's strict, no liquor. It's a program.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How you get caught because people take.
Speaker 23: With it drinking because they're stupid, and I tell them don't post nothing, so I think they'd be stalking my my instagram.
Speaker 3: Dang, what was the weight loss camp before?
Speaker 24: Like, well, get this back down, run charlote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I jumped rope. I'm a finish instructor.
Speaker 23: Now I'm a finished instructor.
Speaker 3: Now I do jump.
Speaker 23: I don't know, don't follow me, but I started these jump rope challenges two years ago and I just did a hundred days of jump. I jumped rope every day for a hundred days.
Speaker 3: One hundred days.
Speaker 23: I shoot for five hundred jumps, but most times I go longer, but minimally five hundred jumps to take about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Not even right, damn you just jumping. Just listen to music jump and sitting down. You know, I take my time you jump and sit down because like I take a break rest.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 23: No, no, I don't do them straight. But if I have to hurry up and get a done, I.
Speaker 3: Will do like I could do two fifty straight. Okay, Okay, I'm doing too much.
Speaker 4: I don't try to force myself to do that.
Speaker 23: But I started doing that because it was something easy I could do every day. I just have to work on my discipline and so I do small challenges. I would do like a ten day, fourteen day, and people just watched me. So like at the New Year, I said, I'm I do one hundred and so January first, I was like, I'm gonna do one.
Speaker 3: Hundred days to jump and I did it. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 23: I did it, and I got all these people. Now I just started a twenty one.
Speaker 2: This has a big challenge online right now. A lot of people are joining in on the challenge.
Speaker 23: Yeah, a lot of people joining in on the challenge. So it's twenty one days jumping with just Niche. So yeah, and they like, I don't know, So I guess I'm a guru.
Speaker 2: Doing what everybody else doing and just doing zim mount major.
Speaker 3: I need much. I wanted to do some I don't Obamacare. They don't take that.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I didn't even like some care credit or something because I would have got those.
Speaker 3: But I like the way you're doing it.
Speaker 5: I like the way you're doing It's like a whole movement now platform.
Speaker 3: It's positive, you know what I mean. It's empowering. That's what's up.
Speaker 23: Yeah, for sure, y'all could do y'all jump rope your jacket.
Speaker 17: Like.
Speaker 23: But also I was gonna say, we're gonna start doing I'm gonna do like a joke and jump okay in.
Speaker 2: August, okay, joking jump, I'm like, she's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it'll be.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 23: I got some fitness instructions coming in, and then I got a couple of comments coming in.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna work out and then we tell some jokes that we're gonna get home.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we congratulations on your new man too. He's the same from.
Speaker 3: It's like three years now.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't see see I didn't see you last time. You know, we've seen each other, but I didn't know you had a new man.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, I'm doing good this one lasting. They usually don't last, because he understands the lifestyle like they a female entertainer is it's tough, it's always, you know, so you just got to deal with your girl being out and gone and around men.
Speaker 3: Is he is he an industry he's not. He's not an industry, but he's an entrepreneur. So he gets suled. Does he ever want to come to shows? Does he come with you? Is it hard to bring him around?
Speaker 23: So he's out and he's funny too, so he's out. You don't mind coming to a show. And I think that is what helps, because people who homebodies, they be like.
Speaker 3: You're going to another common Yes, I'll see you when I get back.
Speaker 1: What I find interesting too, is that you y'all went to Jamaica to like like.
Speaker 25: A sap after y'all met right, yeah, right away, like you met him and how long three weeks?
Speaker 2: Three weeks and you trusted this man to go out the country.
Speaker 3: I needed a vacation, sir. I got trusted trying to get up some days off work.
Speaker 1: But you know, when you go on a vacation with somebody, you know what they expecting.
Speaker 6: The cheeks.
Speaker 3: Weeks, three weeks for the chicks. But yeah, I mean, we clicked, So it was chemistry right away.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because you and just because just talks about how she ain't wait with her man at all either.
Speaker 2: So all of these people with these Joan Clayton sixty day ninety I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it got to be no, sixty day, nine day.
Speaker 5: It is when we feel like, yeah, it wasn't e three weeks. I mean, so that's good you held out. It was the first date for me.
Speaker 3: And y'all stay together. See, yeah, I feel like the quicker, the.
Speaker 1: Better baby engaged or married.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I just feel like if if you feel a connection, it don't take no ninety days, it don't take two.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're nervous connection, right, Like Charlotte said, you weren't nervous at all going to another country with somebody that you didn't really know.
Speaker 3: No, I really liked them. You know what was crazy? Chicago?
Speaker 23: We had we knew a lot of the same people, like so it was surprising that we didn't know each other because literally the circle from I go.
Speaker 3: To got you.
Speaker 23: So his friends, I know his friends, he knows something, And I'm like, how you know you? But I feel like I met him when I was supposed to, because had I met him anytime before that?
Speaker 1: But like now you joke that you have you always joked that you had too much to get married before you turn forty, But now you're forty.
Speaker 3: I'll be forty one. I'll be forty one.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 14: You.
Speaker 3: But honestly, you don't look forty. Oh thank you, hony tails.
Speaker 2: I don't know the little baby face.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You just don't look. Has the pressure eased off over time? I'm not gonna put so muchressure on myself.
Speaker 6: But forty one?
Speaker 23: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, but no, I still it ain't eastop. I guess we had our conversation that we needed to have so that made you had a convo, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We did, so I understand.
Speaker 23: Well the conbo was he knows that I want to be married and he wants to do but he wants to do it.
Speaker 3: The right way. Yes, what's the right way?
Speaker 2: From you about that?
Speaker 23: I guess he wants to do it up And I said, I don't need all of do it up. We just need to be married. So buddy wants to.
Speaker 2: Be you want to do what would your way to do it? Like if you were like, what would you want?
Speaker 23: Oh, I would rather go away. I like a destination, get married and come back and have like a party like that.
Speaker 2: What if it's another sit your we is an Okay, what's up?
Speaker 13: Brother?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh speaking of God?
Speaker 2: The god just popping. They just just walking.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. He gets on his knees right here.
Speaker 2: You gotta ask the questions. You gotta ask the questions.
Speaker 1: Yo. Yeah, congratulations, Jesus go tearing up.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, yeah, King, y'all make that's wow. I got the sex.
Speaker 1: Of course, I ain't no a damn thing I did.
Speaker 2: I swell no, I didn't know. I think they did me.
Speaker 3: I didn't know anything.
Speaker 1: We wanted your real reaction, jes yo, congratulations, that's amazing, man.
Speaker 2: We'll definitely check out her special. Tell all your family and friends stop asking you.
Speaker 1: That's special.
Speaker 2: Just niche self Serve is on Amazon Prime. I figure I want to get back and do what I gotta do.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, baby, congratulation really can have it all. You got your special, your husband, do your thing, y'all.
Speaker 25: I'm happy for you too much'll damn got let me crack and okay, this is a real Okay, he over there.
Speaker 3: Look, I can't wait to tell your Yes, Yes, yeah I am, did you know?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who did you tell?
Speaker 21: Why?
Speaker 2: Really? I'm really.
Speaker 4: I'm telling them to do something. Congratulations. It's just it's the Breakfast Cloak the morning.
Speaker 2: No, that sounded crazy. That sounded crazy. I was described. I was in the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely caught that. Can we play NV hosting the Diddy party. Listen as he gets on his knees.
Speaker 2: In some more team told him to stop exactly, that's the next thing NB say. He about to go in some mort somebody better tell him stop.
Speaker 1: Stops down there.
Speaker 2: Let's get Let's get to the latest with Lauren laen Be coming straight back. Man, she gets them. Somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 3: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 6: And she'd been having the latest on me.
Speaker 2: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: It's the latest on the Breakfast club something to me.
Speaker 17: So yesterday it was day two of jury selection in Diddy's case, and before we get to if there, it was a lot of what I'd already talked about before then going through the questioning, there were sixteen people added to the jury pool, mostly men. But the story that broke yesterday was the fact that Diddy added and a lawyer to his team. It's a black woman attorney. Her name is Nicole west Moreland. Now she is and this is listed in the story for whatever reasons, and we'll get into those. She's a survivor of sexual assault. Now, her alleged sexual assault happened back in two thousand and one when she was nineteen years old. And when it happened, she actually went to the police and the man that she accused was arrested and charged with rape. He ended up pleading guilty to aggravated assault with intent to rape. And she is coming in the case. You know, she's having been worked on other cases with Mark Gargros, who you know, his daughter is one of Diddy's lead attorneys, and Brian Steele. Now, from what I'm hearing, she is a beast when it comes to cross examinations, and you know, having a question people on the stand, a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Who've been following her career.
Speaker 17: Yesterday, when a story broke, we're having a conversation about the fact that they think that she was brought on specific to cross examine the victims, the three victims who will have to testify because they were Subpoenat most importantly, they think that she's going to be somewhat of I guess, like a secret weapon when it comes to the cross examination of Cassie on the stand. Now, ask me why all this information about her sexual assault background was posted and plastered as the announcement.
Speaker 3: Why why is this the headline about her?
Speaker 17: I think that it is the headline because there's a narrative that wants to be painted that Okay, if there's a woman, a black woman that is a survivor of sexual assault and rape, who is willing to stand next to puff, they're trying to you know, it's a character thing. Whoever it is that is, you know, making sure that these stories are positioned this way. They want to make sure that character wise, it looks like, Okay, he has someone who has actually been through this, who has survived it, who would understand the traumas of it, who obviously believes what he's saying because she's here defending him. Yes, yeah, so that's just the update there. And also to when they were going through the drawers. Yesterday, one of the dwors came right out and said that they think that Diddy is a horrible person and that they've been watching and looking at different things on social media even after they were sequestered, so they of course they struck him that person, that person.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it anyway.
Speaker 17: Yeah, but I mean, I just really think that that goes to show and it's kept coming up on the first day, It's gonna be real hard to get people who absolutely have never seen a headline, never clicked us the door.
Speaker 1: None of those people exist, Like you're really just taking people's word that they haven't seen these things.
Speaker 6: But it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Diddy jokes have been made every single place in every corner of the earth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 17: Well, in other news, Tom Brady actually spoke out about Shador Sanders and the draft and to sit down that he did with the Parr Brothers. Let's take a listen to Tom Brady explain whether he was involved with your door being picked later or not?
Speaker 2: Elephant the room should Sanders? What happened Tom? Why did he go so late?
Speaker 15: I was I wouldn't have part of any evaluation process or everyone's got every you know, that's the problem with media is everyone could just say whatever they want get away with it. It's kind of unfortunate because there actually used to be a lot of integrity in media and there's way less now because everyone needs crazy voices.
Speaker 2: To get heard.
Speaker 1: So nobody knows.
Speaker 15: And I actually texted Shador because I've known him very well, and I said, dude, like, whatever happens wherever you go, that's your first day. Day two matters more than the draft. I was one ninety nine. Who could speak on it better than me? Like what that really means? Use it as motivation. You're gonna get your chances, go take advantage of it. So there's a lot of growth that needs to happen.
Speaker 1: Wow, was doing that would be the biggest mental I'd be leaning on right now, tom Brady. Like Tom Brady said, I was number one ninety nine. I think you got picked in the sixth round. There's nobody to be looking to, Tom Brady. That was the last pick of the draft, right, it.
Speaker 6: Was six year round.
Speaker 1: There's nobody to be looking to more than Tom Brad And he's right, it's all about what you do once you, you know, get to Cleveland, you.
Speaker 2: Get out between. It's not like about your door. He's already in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: He's already in Cleveland, touching the community, talking to people, talking to the kids.
Speaker 6: Like he's been handling his fantastic man dropping the Clues bomb.
Speaker 20: Yes.
Speaker 17: And the podcast that I mentioned, it's apposed by Logan Paul. It's called Impulsive and he's been posted before Logan Pole. You said you've done it before.
Speaker 3: That's fire.
Speaker 17: And what he's referred to when they talk about Skip Bayless is Skip Bayless had tweeted out that it is now after the draft stuff was happening, it is now pretty clear. Tom Brady, who mentors Shaud Door, told the Raiders not to take Shdoor. Duly noticed so that that was what they were referring to, And I thought that you're talking about mentors. In this conversation, Tom Brady talked a lot about mentors and who's mentored him in his life, and he listed a bunch of other people who didn't go first round, second round, like like really relate that are huge names now. But then he also gets into his relationship with ab Antonio Brown. After Antonio Brown was let go, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 2: What's your relationship like with with Antonio. We've had him on the show. Yeah, I mean I wanted the best for him, you know.
Speaker 15: I think guys saw a spark in him that I thought, if put in the right place, you know, how incredible it could be for not just the team he was on, but for his life and what he could accomplish. And I always hope for the best for him. And I met him, and I always admired him as a player, and then I got to play with him. I actually saw in the meeting room like how he could take information and bring it to the field. And we picked him up at the Patriots and he played one game, the opener, second game of year against Miami.
Speaker 6: The next week in practice were playing the Jets.
Speaker 15: We didn't have an incompletion the entire week of practice, and we released him Friday afternoon. You know, there was just a lot of things that were happening in his life and that he needed to focus on. And then we ended up going to Tampa, and then he came back after his suspension in Tampa, and I just thought, Okay, if I can help him, I'd love to help him because he'd help our team and he'd help us life and then once again, I always root for the best.
Speaker 3: I want to correct that was Tom Brady. I'm tom Brady was antony around let go? Or did he just leave? Because then he just walk off after the Jets.
Speaker 4: Game is when he just walked over? No, no, he was in a Buccaneers when that happened. He's what he walked up, But that was the Jets game when he walked out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 17: And then so in response to this, AB saw the clip and he responded, AB helped tom Brady win dot dot dot dot got so, yeah, there's that, and I think that they're back and forth. From listening to this interview, I've never listened to Tom Brady talk extensively, but from listening to this, I think that Tom Brady meant very well by everything he tried to do for AB.
Speaker 3: It just came in and out didn't work. What came in and out didn't work. Crazy, Shut up.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's all that we have for this hour.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, thank you for the latest with Lauren Charlamage. Who giving that donkey two for after the hour?
Speaker 1: Man? Uh, you know we need a guy named Andre broad A Knox. I think that's how you say his name. He needs to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with him. I don't have no sympathy for people who commit home invasions. Andre committed a home invasion. We'll discuss, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that next. It's the breakfast club. Go morning. You're checking out the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Your execute check on the Donkey of the day is something to.
Speaker 2: Cold for you?
Speaker 3: The reason they gave me donkey and I deserve that. You need to know what you need to tell them. I am you tell them.
Speaker 2: It's time for Donkey of a day.
Speaker 16: It's a read.
Speaker 2: But you're so good at charlamage. He wants charlamage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, charlom man, who do you give it? Dusky other day?
Speaker 20: Soon?
Speaker 1: Then? Well, sexy red donkey today for Wednesday, May seventh goes to Andre Stephen Curtis broad Anax.
Speaker 2: I think I'm pronouncing his last name correctly.
Speaker 6: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Andrea is twenty nine years old and he was arrested in connection with the home invasion of a seventy five year old man from Detroit and the theft of a car let The record show I don't have any remorse for people who commit home invasions. Okay, if you break into somebody's house while those people are home, you deserve whatever happens to you.
Speaker 2: If you're breaking into somebody's house period, you deserve whatever happens to you. Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't care how old you are. I don't care what your race is. I don't care what jinda is, I don't care what your situation in life is. Homes are sanctuaries. Homes are safe spaces. If you disturb that and somebody happens to be home and shoots and kills you in the process, you earned it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If you get arrested and they give you one hundred years in prison, you earned it. So in the case of Andre, don't look for me to shed no tears. Okay, this man is twenty nine years old and committed a home invasion on a seventy five year old. But I'm gonna tell you something. This man Andre is a special kind of coward. I mean, if you could create a coward the way you could create a my player on NBA two K twenty five, everything would be ninety nine.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: See, Andre had an accomplished Okay, I don't think his accomplice had much of a choice in the matter, but he had an accomplish Nonetheless, him and.
Speaker 6: His accomplice came to the scene of a crime in.
Speaker 1: An alleged stolen car, but Andre ended up fleeing the scene up the crime on foot after the seventy five.
Speaker 2: Year old's sun arrived at the property, and Andre just left.
Speaker 1: His accomplice after scene of the crime. Now, after you hear who his accomplice was, you tell me if Andrea is a coward. Let's go to seven ABC News for the report.
Speaker 2: Police marka on a burglary.
Speaker 3: You have an occupier The cold went out.
Speaker 20: April twenty ninth, Road eighty five, a man was allegedly caught in the act of breaking into an east side Detroit home.
Speaker 14: Not at scene is fun and Grandfa caught people breaking into the home.
Speaker 20: The suspect allegedly drove a stolen car to the scene, and after being caught by the homeowner, took off on foot, leaving the car and his eleven year old daughter behind.
Speaker 14: God's broken for the home and the homeowner caught him. He left behind a towel and a stolen vehicle.
Speaker 20: Eventually, please caught the man. Twenty nine year old Andre Stefan Curtis Broadnax, who now faces multiple felonies for not just the home invasion and stolen car, but also for allegedly forcing his eleven year old daughter.
Speaker 3: To help with the breaking. Hmmm, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Andre is twenty nine and had his eleven year old daughter with him while he did a home invasion, and he wanted.
Speaker 6: His eleven year old daughter to help, and he had a stolen car.
Speaker 1: And y'all want me to stop using the word retarding, Okay, the definite off the word retarded in the dictionary is less advanced in mental, physical, or social development.
Speaker 6: Than is usual for one's age. Andre is twenty nine.
Speaker 1: His frontal cortex is fully developed. You tell me why he would take his eleven year old daughter with him while he did a home invasion and ask his eleven year old daughter to help.
Speaker 2: What else could it be except for retardation?
Speaker 21: Huh?
Speaker 1: Brother CWDA said he made his young daughter help him. I don't know what his young daughter was supposed to do in this situation.
Speaker 2: She was a lookout. She was probably the lookout. The lookout.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen the fact he even had her there to begin with. Why there is a lot of daddy daughter bonding activities. I can think of cooking, family meals, movies, tea parties, bowling. You what's some stuff you do?
Speaker 2: Envy you could do?
Speaker 4: Of course, Dan's dad is kickball. There's a basketball, there is a drawing colors. You can do your daughter's nails, you know, do the hair.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 1: Just what is Chris doing?
Speaker 6: Marley cut the grass hedgies?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 21: Wow?
Speaker 3: What move on?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is home invasions are not on that list. Okay, this man, Andre took bring your child the workday to a felony level. Imagine being eleven years old thinking you're going to a park. Next thing, you know, you're holding a flashlight for your daddy while he's crawling through a window. This is why we need background checks, not just for guns, but for daddy's Okay, you're not a father, Andre, You're a failed GTA tutorial with custody rights. And I know that child's mother is somewhere regretting today she let Andre shoot her club up.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: I know you can't take.
Speaker 1: Back your fornication, but in situations like this, I know that woman is wishing she could what is wrong with you, brothers. You got some men just leaving their children at McDonald's because they don't have a sitter, and you got some men taking their daughters on home invasions because you want your eleven year.
Speaker 2: Old daughter to help.
Speaker 1: The marl of the story is, there's absolutely never a reason to run out of your daughter's life, even if you just got caught doing a home invasion. Please give Andre Stephen Curtis brought the next the biggest he are. Actually, Andre probably does need to run out of this child's life. This is actually probably the one time that I would say, you know what, run run run for your life, either run for Actually, she needs to run for her life and get as far away from him as possible. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: What's even saying it is you tripped lay you play. He has never cut the hedges with my daughter.
Speaker 8: Ever.
Speaker 4: She didn't say the didn't cut the hedges. He just said not with the daughter and Molly's young. Wait till Mally gets bothered.
Speaker 3: And then you're not over there.
Speaker 4: Like sorry, Let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eighty five where you want to go, because I'm sure there's some parents that did a lot of stupid stuff with their kids.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 6: No, come on, we're not doing this. This is beyond this is this is you.
Speaker 4: Don't think the same stupid No, No, I'm just saying I'm sure there's some parents that there's some stupid ish.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you all right now.
Speaker 1: If you open the doors, if you open up the phone lines, and you call up here and tell me that you committed crimes with your children, I'm taking your name, I'm taking your information, and I'm calling you.
Speaker 4: You can't see somebody with their kid walking into like a seven eleven and say put this in your pocket.
Speaker 2: You can't see that. M hm.
Speaker 6: That's why you end up in all the situations.
Speaker 3: You end up in begging a day and dollar general room.
Speaker 14: Tell us.
Speaker 2: About to lie in your mond dogs, not mother.
Speaker 3: I had a smiping them little candles back.
Speaker 7: In the day.
Speaker 3: I told you, Yeah, black, we was very much broke and oppressed people do who he had to do?
Speaker 6: Yes, But that ain't a home invasion.
Speaker 2: Home invasion. I just said, stupid things you did with your kid? How how much charge candles?
Speaker 1: I just learned that after charge if you candles, Yes, if you use a jewvenile to commit a crime.
Speaker 6: That is a charge. That's a charge.
Speaker 2: I literally just learned that this morning. How many can you get? All of them? They was all good.
Speaker 5: You know, the dollars general, they don't stack up too much, so it's it's always just a little bit of stuff laughing.
Speaker 3: So that's what we got. And he was always on the bottom, on the bottom shelf.
Speaker 4: Phone lines lit up. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five. I'm just asking how many of y'all did some stupid stuff more sense than his mom and daddy?
Speaker 2: That is a question. Eight hundred five eight five one five.
Speaker 5: I was not one of the parents that dead would be like you even't get nothing when you're going here.
Speaker 3: I'm like, get everything when you going there, put it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna you.
Speaker 4: Ask come out of here, empt a eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 2: What's the craziest thing you did with your kids? A crime? I'm just asking you ain't got to say your real name. This dude said, what's the craziest thing you ever did with your kids? A crime?
Speaker 1: That is a crime. But you said a crime as if you want people to call up here and talk about the crime they do. I'm telling you, right, now Lenard mckelvy is telling eight hundred five this why if you want me to do ride along? Because I'm gonna do my due diligence this morning. I'm taking names, so security numbers.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. We'll get into it next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 26: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Warning everybody, it's steej Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlomagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just joining us. Charlamagne gave donkey to Daya who it's a young man, he's twenty nine years old. He's not a young man. He's a grown ass man named Andre. Stephen Curtis Broaden Knocks. Andre committed a home.
Speaker 1: Invasion on a seventy five year old man, and his accomplice was his eleven year old daughter. He apparently, according to prosecutors, wanted his eleven year old daughter to help.
Speaker 4: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. I'm just asking you can use a fake name. Have you ever done anything illegal.
Speaker 6: With your kids?
Speaker 1: Well, just Hilarius has said already said that she used to stick up dollar General a little ashen.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody stick up nowhere? We were to go get the candles.
Speaker 2: No, that's what you said.
Speaker 1: You said, you told asking, I'll beat you ass if you come out here empty hand, empty handed and said you used to get in the car, you'd be like, okay, what you got? What's the hall said?
Speaker 2: When the cameras wasn't known, and the micaels, and now you said that.
Speaker 3: No, I did not never had to ask him what we got, because we already knew we was going there and getting it.
Speaker 2: Did y'all? Planning out would be like all.
Speaker 3: The candles you gotta get?
Speaker 2: Yes, how old was Ashley ashes?
Speaker 3: Maybe what two?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 2: So that's how you taught him at numbers.
Speaker 6: He's like, okay, look our three You know how three is?
Speaker 2: Our one?
Speaker 1: Our two? O?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Our three is?
Speaker 2: Where the candles are? Four candle? Getting counter four?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 6: How the candle?
Speaker 2: Mommy one two three four?
Speaker 4: We could do the colors to get the red candle and the blue candle clon.
Speaker 3: At first it was a little hard at two, but by the time he was three, he was a pro.
Speaker 2: He was showing me new stuff. We can go ahead, get this.
Speaker 3: I didn't even see that.
Speaker 2: Get it. Let's go to the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five one o five. It was this carry hey, carry? What's what's sorry? What's your last name? Don't don't tell me your last name?
Speaker 10: Donald name? Get me with that one. And you're not getting my socials.
Speaker 6: Already got your name when you call it it, We get everything.
Speaker 1: What's carry?
Speaker 6: Last name?
Speaker 2: We're not gonna do that to miss. We're not gonna do that to miss. Sorry.
Speaker 12: Sorry, Well you're gonna have to act this to You're gonna have to sell everyone. I'm a funeral twater and come to baby, come buy a.
Speaker 10: Faith from me.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you do with your kid?
Speaker 21: Carry?
Speaker 10: My kids? They know they have family loyalty.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 12: When the degenerate neighbor came over here and tried to mess with my oldest daughter, we all piled on top of him. Anything going down. We're all there for each other, but not crying.
Speaker 10: You can't take your pip to go.
Speaker 7: Come on.
Speaker 16: I know people have to a certain circumstantive, but.
Speaker 3: You just can't agree to go to jail.
Speaker 12: I mean, anything could happen there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're not holding on.
Speaker 4: We're putting carry on the air hold on because there's some people that does some carry say, don't do.
Speaker 3: It, can Rice.
Speaker 2: She's right? But but hello, hello, hello, you changed your name?
Speaker 1: Got your name?
Speaker 12: My name is.
Speaker 10: My name is Leah from Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: Leah from Indianapolis was her last name.
Speaker 2: It didn't pop up, Leah. What did you do with your last name?
Speaker 3: Leo?
Speaker 1: That's horrible, monk ms okay, let's go liah so.
Speaker 21: What you do?
Speaker 10: Liah So Charlemagne, go eat me up on this plane. And I'm sure I've already did in the body. When I was about ten years ago forte, I was got into a district bed and started furtherizing at home. And one time my fifteen year old son would not get at the court, and I went with him. I week, I did.
Speaker 2: So you took your son with you to buy the house cause he was fifteen?
Speaker 7: No no, no, no, no, let's go on up.
Speaker 10: Let's let's make it even worse.
Speaker 2: It was homely it was you took your fifteen year olds in the rob Holmes.
Speaker 10: I did, I did, and I and I I'm a very god. I served my time by the way, condicted. Uh my time, my son is grown. I did change my life. I'm one better. I'm even one better one of your other favorites.
Speaker 13: I'm a truck driver.
Speaker 1: Now for the cdo say my life congratulations.
Speaker 10: I was in a mind prediction and as I look at it now as a rational person, and that was psychotic. That was crazy, that was wrong.
Speaker 2: It was crazy level.
Speaker 1: How old was your child? How old was your child back then? That poor little crackheads. I'm glad you got your life together.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, she's not crack.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you got her life together. You were a crackheader and now she's just gay since she was addicted.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gay gay, understand No, not gay.
Speaker 10: It's not uh not crackheads.
Speaker 2: Cocaine.
Speaker 13: I was in the cocaine.
Speaker 1: But now, all right, I'm gonna tell you Somethinglee, I'm still keeping your name Leah Moss. I'm gonna still giving to Indianapolis authorities just in.
Speaker 2: Casey that time.
Speaker 6: You just need to be monitored.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thank you, Okay, okay, I told you.
Speaker 2: The lines lit up. There's a lot of people in another one another one.
Speaker 5: Now I thought She was one of the lumberjacks, the you know, the Rosie o'donald type.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: I want to say you all right? Smart? Smart?
Speaker 1: You want to stay unanimous. Okay, we're gonna let you say you knows all.
Speaker 10: There we go.
Speaker 1: It's okay, all right, I know what you mean. It's all good.
Speaker 13: We all said, what did you do?
Speaker 14: Sir?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 13: When I was out in the streets, I would h my kids with me when I.
Speaker 2: Was transform contran You are self drugs with your kids and you let the man talk. I would I would block a mule.
Speaker 13: I guess you could say, but I would just take it from here to there. But I would always sometimes I would take them with me. It can't say it happened. I would always have a story to tell, like the cops, a son, I could tell the story that was the truth, could get me gone, to keep me all the situation that if you ever happened.
Speaker 6: That's crazy, you never got caught.
Speaker 1: No Well, unanimous to day, you're lucky, day nymous unanimous, unanimous.
Speaker 2: Today you're lucky. Now you know when you call in, we get your real name.
Speaker 1: Now I just have to contact Spartanburg Police now, because I want you to go to jail.
Speaker 2: I just need you to be monitored a little bit. That's all, go ahead with it. Come on, I would go.
Speaker 4: Carrying your kids with you while you're transporting drugs is crazy.
Speaker 1: Don't call these people crazy when you asked them to call in and confess to these crimes.
Speaker 2: Because I thought it was gonna be one to two, I didn't even know. I'm gonna have me a list to day. I might have to pass this on to the FBI director. Tell I got something for you.
Speaker 4: Man, eight hundred five A five one oh five one. Have you ever committed a crime with your kids?
Speaker 2: That is the question. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, Brady.
Speaker 26: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's toughing times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's dej env just Hilarius Charlomagne, the guy we are the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: If he's just joining us, Charlemagne gave donkey to day.
Speaker 1: To who man, there's a young man. I keep saying young, but he's twenty nine because I'm old. I'm forty six. But Andre Stephen Curtis broad A Knocks is twenty nine years old. He was arrested in connection with the home invasion of a seventy five year old man from Detroit and the theft of a car, and he took his eleven year old daughter with him to help during the home invasion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, what crime did you do with your kids?
Speaker 2: We got Crystal on the line, Crystal, good morning.
Speaker 15: The one you did?
Speaker 2: Hey, Crystal, what's your last name?
Speaker 3: Big girl?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 3: Big girl?
Speaker 6: Crystal? Big girl?
Speaker 2: That's a good description. That's a that's enough. I got it long. I got to ask you, so, Christal, what you do with your kids?
Speaker 13: Okay, I got so many, But if I have to pick, it'd be the time that I.
Speaker 12: They're playing because waiting on the move to stick them or whatever. So you know, like thirteen fourteen boys, I eat them up for whatever.
Speaker 6: Guess what to tell you're big ass?
Speaker 3: Oh nobody?
Speaker 2: She said what she said?
Speaker 3: That kind nobody?
Speaker 1: Yes, I can, because what y'all don't know is when y'all call up here, your number and your name and your last name and where you call them from comes up? That is true?
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, miss yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Miss yeah.
Speaker 10: I don't already get to jail for.
Speaker 2: Your kids. Didn't though, good bride, Miss kids didn't. That's what we want. Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: This is Low?
Speaker 12: How y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Hello? Lor? What's your last name?
Speaker 7: Low?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 10: I didn't do anything?
Speaker 2: Leave missus Slow alone? What happened?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 21: No, So.
Speaker 12: When I was a kid, my cousin, my cousin, right, she was in her sixties. She used to take me to the grocery store with her and try to stuff stuff into my coat. What she would I'm telling you, though, I swear she was still like hams and turkeys and like all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: She would you as a family her coat.
Speaker 12: Now, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: She getting a hand in a turkey cool coach you wore?
Speaker 12: No, I'm saying she tried to put it in my coat, but I wouldn't do it, so she was putting it in her own coat, and my mama. I got home and I told my mama.
Speaker 21: Ma.
Speaker 12: Mama was like, you can't go to the store with her no more, because like every time she went to the store. She was still How long ago is this to make me accomplished?
Speaker 6: How long go is this?
Speaker 7: It was years ago?
Speaker 6: How many years?
Speaker 3: I was a kid?
Speaker 1: Because the statue, Oh, the statute of limitations is still good on that? Give me this Hamburglar's name.
Speaker 10: What you're dead now?
Speaker 6: So God work, She's lucky.
Speaker 1: Hello, she's lucky.
Speaker 2: She passed away. That was a cat.
Speaker 7: I can't tell you my name.
Speaker 14: We know it.
Speaker 2: It came up on people tell us a story.
Speaker 18: No.
Speaker 12: So the craziest thing I ever did was my son was in the backseat of the car when I was trying to run over the dude.
Speaker 7: I was talking to them.
Speaker 1: Damn, you're trying to commit a murder, but a homicide.
Speaker 12: No, No, I just wanted to hurt him a little bit, just a little cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jesus Christ, what's your name?
Speaker 1: Her name?
Speaker 10: No, I can't tell you my name.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you my name around from the town is so small.
Speaker 12: They're gonna mail and I don't mean no message on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Well, we already have the name of where we have and I'm reporting it to the authorities right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking.
Speaker 12: That's a limitation. This over that limitations it was like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Ago that that don't mean to stat your limitations up.
Speaker 1: Just know, everybody that called up here today when y'all get a little knock on your door, our phone call from local authorities, it was Uncle Shallah.
Speaker 6: But I did it for us.
Speaker 21: You know what.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny before we get to tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Black people are hilarious because they all quick to say the statue of limitations is not up.
Speaker 2: You don't even know the statue limitations. You don't know the statue. You that called in he was black.
Speaker 5: You just assume that you're freaking racist that first lady. No, the first lady is definitely okay, she was she.
Speaker 2: Was white, but black.
Speaker 6: You are freaking racist.
Speaker 2: I'm racist?
Speaker 1: Yes, how dam you just say all.
Speaker 2: Of these people that called in here with black it's black station.
Speaker 1: I don't mean nothing.
Speaker 2: You ain't even black and you work here. I'm black and you can't say I'm racist?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about Jess's husband talking about all he do is cut grass, that's.
Speaker 3: Bridge and trim hedges and all that.
Speaker 6: But he's a hard working man.
Speaker 3: Was on mess But you try to insert the mexicanism.
Speaker 1: No, I did not talking about doing a lawn and all that, thinking about that, this about single to Mayo and all that.
Speaker 2: But it was Tequila Dan.
Speaker 21: It was.
Speaker 1: This is crazy the racism that existed this station and amongst his host. Now, I'll see what the people you complaining about?
Speaker 3: Whatever, whatever, what's the mall of the story.
Speaker 6: There's no more the story.
Speaker 2: Y'all going to jail today. That's the mail of the story. More story is.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne got carried on Leah's Unanimous from Spartanburg Crystal, big girl lower Low was on my cicle.
Speaker 6: We turned it into Hamburglar.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we got the latest with Lauren coming up. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club, This morning, everybody. It's DJ Envy.
Speaker 4: Just so, Larry is Charlamagne the gud We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with.
Speaker 2: Lauren lam Be coming a straight fast. She gets them from somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 3: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 6: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 2: The latest with Laurence La Rosa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have.
Speaker 6: A little bit of everything. It's the leader on the breakfast club.
Speaker 17: Talk to me all right, he y'all, we gotta celebrate. Jesh report our shots.
Speaker 3: Period. Charlemagne is in the news again, My good.
Speaker 17: So Charlemagne the Guide just a variety A variety article dropped yesterday that you will be work.
Speaker 3: Shared integrat what and what.
Speaker 2: In the dragon ball?
Speaker 17: Yeah, smoke up mines, Yeah, charlamagde the girls, but go ahead. So Charlemagne the God and John Wick producer Basil I want it, Basil Iranic And you guys, new company, Southland Stories is set to do your first project. It's a film with Jonathan Major's called True The reads drop a bomb for Charlotte Bay WelCom Menez the worwl Okay, period, So I mean I was gonna read the article, but tell us a bit about it, okay. So a production company that focuses on Southern voices, which is south Land Stories. Your production company has its first project and it's called True Threat. This is a revenge thriller starring Jonathan Major's scheduled to begin production this summer. It's one of several films in the pipeline of Southland Stories. As you guys start to ramp up your output now, It's going to be directed and written by Jared McMurray and producer sorry Gerald McMurray, and produced by Alex Alexis Garcia of Cat five Now. True Threat follows a Special Forces operative out of vengeance who's out for vengeance after his teenage son is killed by gang members. The movie is among Major's first roles, Jonathan Major's first role since he was convicted in twenty.
Speaker 6: We don't have to talk about that.
Speaker 3: It was in the article I was reading.
Speaker 2: Ed, Yes, read the article, grad.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it's dope.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 17: I think it's dope that because when Magazine Dreams hit, he did an amazing and a phenomenal job in that movie. But I feel like it came and it went, and I don't know why. I hope that maybe this one is the one that doesn't come and go because he deserves.
Speaker 1: And this is gonna be a this is a full cast, like this is an action action thriller, but it's it's a it's a full cast of characters.
Speaker 6: He's just the lead character.
Speaker 3: We can't get another name. Love that so kind of like a universe, kind of like a you're putting this.
Speaker 1: Over the movie.
Speaker 3: Oh, welcol Minnis ain't popping out great?
Speaker 2: Are you in the movie?
Speaker 6: Yes, that was a long time ago. I was in right along.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you putting other people in the movie masking for a friend?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: People who are this? And you know if you audition and get.
Speaker 3: Cast, I asked you for forty eight hours to let me audition.
Speaker 2: What about where have you seen yourself? Listen? What happened? Nothing?
Speaker 8: What like?
Speaker 2: Listen anyway there'll be there will be an audition process.
Speaker 17: Yes, you know what you and that little sassy waste today. I just can't It's been a lot coming from over there today. And I don't know if it's what what's going on? It's your time of to my girl, what is happening?
Speaker 1: What happened here?
Speaker 6: What happened? What is the problem?
Speaker 17: Just get your sister? Okay, the girls in the house are upset. I don't even understand what's going on. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: And you talk a lot about how stories from the South have so much discovery.
Speaker 2: Stories from the.
Speaker 1: South, you know black folklore, you know black mythology. There's a lot of different things that Hollywood has not seen. I feel like all the original ip that Hollywood is missing is gonna, you know, come from the South.
Speaker 2: It's going to come from black mythology. It's gonna come from black.
Speaker 3: Folk Well, speaking of other you know black.
Speaker 2: You ever heard of? You know, I don't want to buy away too much, but you'll see when the movie comes out.
Speaker 3: Give us a sot something.
Speaker 17: You gave them an exclusive, No, I didn't actually Okay, Well, speaking of black folklore, and you know that whole genre of sinners. Remember there was the articles that came out that the area, the small Mississippi town where centers focused on, didn't have a movie theater, so they couldn't really go and see the movie. Well that is all about to change because Clarksdale, which is a town of about fifteen thousand people, hasn't had a movie.
Speaker 3: Theater for years.
Speaker 17: But but they shot the movie there right, Yes, the closest movie theater is an hour travel to Memphis, Tennessee. Yeah, and so that and you know that's that's just a lot of money and a lot of time for a lot of people that live there. But the mayor, his name is Chuck eSPI. He told TMC that the city has been in talks with Warner Brothers and a special event is going to actually take place so that everyone who wants to see the film on the big screen will finally have a chance to do it right there in their hometown. There's been a few days that have been talked tossed up, but they're leaning towards Juneteenth, which I think is fire.
Speaker 2: A driving movie. There'd be dope that so long.
Speaker 3: Under the Star got it on firestick.
Speaker 17: But it's happening under the stars at the football field. What if they haven't seen it at Carksdale High School.
Speaker 2: You had to be on a plane to to be bootleg. But yeah, Jeane teen June teeth is next month.
Speaker 5: I know, but that's like more weeks and weeks and weeks and then all types of spoilers are going to be online by then.
Speaker 3: Like come on, but you're gonna just appreciate seeing it in your hometown because you.
Speaker 7: Call it on.
Speaker 5: I'm definitely not negating the fact that you know, like they're going to see it for sure, But I'm Michael, just tell one brothers.
Speaker 3: Or you know what we do. Earlier weeks have been we.
Speaker 17: Don't know who was behind the conversation with Warner Brothers. We just know that they're in conversation with Warner Brothers. And as we wrap up, I just want to say, there is that video circulating of allegedly young and May Do in Boston. Allegedly people are reporting that it was her, So I reached out to a wrep from Young m A's team that is one hundred percent not Young in May.
Speaker 3: She has not visited Boston.
Speaker 2: Look alike, and that's what's messed up.
Speaker 12: They say.
Speaker 17: Anything social media platform suggesting otherwise is not only misinformed, but also acting with blason blaytant irresponsibility and complete lack of diligence.
Speaker 3: The younger man stunt double Yeah, So now you could take that one and I could get the story was crazy.
Speaker 1: The story was crazy a little bit now now, I will say, though, the only place I saw a reported was double xcel, and double xcel asked the question. The headline says, is this young a MA caught on video hurling an object through a bar door and shattering glass everywhere. I knew that wasn't a younger man when I saw that deal do go through that door and that deal don't break that glass? Yeah all right, young man wouldn't be acting like this and the way that glass shattered, and who would be throwing a deal.
Speaker 2: Don't through a glass door. The Mighty.
Speaker 1: Captain Studd's all right, all right, that's the ladies.
Speaker 2: From the spite of the mixes on you're like to enter the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Warning everybody, it's DJ Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: We got a salute to just Nesh for joining us this morning her new comedy special Self Serve. Her comedy special Self Service out now on Prime Video. And congratulations she got proposed to.
Speaker 3: Yes, she did so. She is now a fiance. She is now engaged. I was so happy for her.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, man, I'm glad that he's planning that out.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting, right, Like I don't know public proposals of private proposals, what do people prefer?
Speaker 5: I thought before I got proposed to it, I really just wanted a big, big, big event made of it, Like I wanted like angels hanging from the sailor like on some tiller party. Ish to be honest with you, But then it was like, I love the fact that it was intimated. Was on Christmas. Chris included my kid is and my my dad was there.
Speaker 3: His mom was there. I loved it. I loved how he did it and everything. And you know, like you said, you you really don't know how.
Speaker 5: How to feel nil. You get into those situations and it don't always go the where you plan it. In my mind, I'm like, I'm going to be at a big event. I'm gonna do you know they did it on Christmas. I thought that was really nice because I don't mind it either way. I just want guys to know that you don't have to do a big grandiose.
Speaker 2: You and that woman. Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yes, but it was dope.
Speaker 2: They definitely don't remember that forever.
Speaker 1: But the marriage you gotta follow through.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, most definitely.
Speaker 5: But you know what I noticed about just Niche not Nesh. I noticed that she when you al was asking her questions about him, she was real guarded. I can tell she wants to like protect whatever that is, not whatever that is, sorry, protect her relationship. Like she wasn't real quick to put it on front Street. She didn't want y'all and her business with it. She's trying to protect it. She really all about her business. So after that was dope that we as a part of that. But I would never ever want to be proposed to you in front of you all, two clowns. I'm not ever gonna lie about it, never in life. What iever come in here and proposed to me in.
Speaker 3: Front of you?
Speaker 2: Because you got n V yelling out.
Speaker 1: He's on his knees. Let's hear it.
Speaker 6: Let's say, yo, like, what was this about? He just had a flashback of hosting a diddy Party's.
Speaker 3: Say as he gets on his knees right here, right here.
Speaker 1: Right here, right now, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Trying to describe to the people who could actually hear it. We got on one knee.
Speaker 3: You're right, you were so excited when you seeing that nigga nail, Like God.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: Miss this right, That's what I missed about the game.
Speaker 4: I got to go to human resources because y'all just do too much, got you too much trying to make me gay, trying.
Speaker 1: To make you. We're trying to remind you of who you are and give you the freedom to come out and be who you would. Justin to beat you little queen from Queens and Jam coming up?
Speaker 2: What did ju mean? What that mean? Jam coming up? I don't know, I don't know. I just know that all of the download guys trying to act like they don't know when Pride want visits. I didn't know. I didn't know. What are you doing in this bar on all of these hells you bt qu.
Speaker 1: Flags around you?
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, listen the positive notice simply this man. The most underrated blow up in the world is emotional intelligence. When you stop reacting to everything, you stop needing validation, and start protecting your peace, your whole life changes.
Speaker 6: Have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club bites you don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 6: Dump