Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper VV.
Speaker 3: When you're ready, When you're ready, let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday two, Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three, Pacific six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenna and Pacific one Eastern. And it is Tuesday here on the show. And you know that means you got a lot to get into here today. Yesterday it was Monday nightra it was the final raw before Survivor Series. And we have a full lineup for Survivor Series, including the fifth man for the Baby Wargames team. And it appears to be Randy Orton. It's Randy Orton. But it was funny because they made the big announcement last night and they never actually said the name Randy Orton. They kind of did all of his you know, different nicknames as such, and the fans chanted Randy and then Cody says, you all know who it is, and they immediately went off the air.
Speaker 4: So that was kind of weird.
Speaker 1: But Randy Orton is the fifth man on that team. We got the Wargames Women's match, We've got all the other matches scheduled for the show, and of course at the end of the program today we will do the world famous Raw Report, and believe it or not, even though Survivor Series is on Saturday, we already have three matches announced for next Monday's Raw. We can tell you about that, plus n XT tonight and the aw Dynamite Show on Wednesday, which actually I need to check because I actually don't think anything is announced. I could be wrong, but uh, I didn't see anything this morning, and there was nothing last night except for the announcement of the Continental Classic Selection special, so we'll tell you about that and of course all the other news as well. Ratings from this past weekend, more fallout from Full Gear and plenty more if you want to text me today. Forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, Brian at Wrestling Observer dot com, at fur w online, on threads, Instagram and cameo at Brian Alvarez on the acts back at a moment Observer Live. We saw the floor, the strength, nobody pan a no deal, the bank, don't compeed Next.
Speaker 2: Jim Gaffigan here with some more straight Talk.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: You can get a Walmart Plus membership plus not pay for it because.
Speaker 2: It's included with straight Talk wireless plans.
Speaker 5: You get free delivery with Walmart Plus Plus, a Paramount Plus subscription.
Speaker 4: Included, plus you pay less for gas.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of pluses.
Speaker 6: Only straight Talk gives you unlimited five G data and Walmart Plus included on select plans for free.
Speaker 5: Straight Talk Wireless available at Walmart.
Speaker 6: Requires service on Gold or Platinum nlimited one offer per eligible account, Paramount Plus Essential Plan only.
Speaker 3: Separate registration required.
Speaker 2: Additional terms apply.
Speaker 7: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the bill. That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes, that's a fact. And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed, or you pay nothing.
Speaker 8: Call now eight hundred and nine four nine ooh three nine, eight hundred and nine four nine O three nine. That's eight hundred and nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for it by the Tax Helpline. Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation. What do you do well. SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it, whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, so now you can make one phone call regardles of who book your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets of fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 5: Here's a message just for the attorneys out there, so you pass the bar, joined the firm, or even built your own. Now, are you finding out that you're doing more administration than actual law practice? Lexicon can help. Lexicon is a legal technology provider with over a decade of extreence streamlining administrative tasks like time keeping, billing, and more so you can focus on maximizing billable hours and increasing pliant satisfaction. Call eight five five four Lexicon or visit lexiconservices dot com slash go to learn more.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike simper Vv also Wrestling Observer dot com. Yeah, there's always something before the show. I'm not sure my Brian at Wrestling Observe dot com has been working for a month. Oh, luckily I have multiple email addresses. But if you've sent me something to that address and I didn't respond, that might be why.
Speaker 4: Oops?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't everyone send something at once? I don't want to thing flooded, but something's definitely weird.
Speaker 4: Can we use your Juno email?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't work either. Yeah, something's definitely not working. What could I possibly gotten over the last month that I never got? Can you imagine.
Speaker 4: Apparently a virus?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the things that might have been sent to me that I just totally ignored? Maybe the Rocky mailed me about that mysterious death of w CW thing that they're.
Speaker 4: Doing now, exactly what's that all about?
Speaker 1: You know, what's it all about?
Speaker 4: What's that all about it? Why haven't you been contacted for.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You wrote the book?
Speaker 1: You know what it is. It's a mystery, is what it is?
Speaker 4: Two different editions of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got another big one there too, I.
Speaker 4: Do what is that? This is a tinder box. This is the HBO's Ruthless Pursuit of New Frontiers by James Andrew Miller. This is the guy that, along with Tom Shales, wrote the Saturday Night Live book a few years back, actually more than a few years back, but it was incredible. So yeah, I was not expecting it to be as large as it was. But it's the War and Peace of HBO.
Speaker 1: Oh in God's name would read so many words me ridiculous. All right, you've got Survivor series coming up on Saturday. And yes, they did sort of announce last night that rent.
Speaker 4: David Zaslov letting me know he liked the free promotion for the HBO.
Speaker 1: Boo I start over again. They announced kind of that Randy Orton will be the fifth man on the Babyface team. So they once again did the storyline where so for the women there's four on each team and on SmackDown, you know, the baby Faces were told you must have your fourth woman in the building by the end of the show or else I guess they would have to be three on four. So you know, they called Becky with fifteen minutes left on the show, and somehow she's not only able to get there but be in her gear. That was very impressive. So this time the Babyfaces, the male baby Face were told the same thing, but apparently they didn't have to have the person in the building. They just had to announce the person. So they spend all night trying to figure out what they're going to do. And then finally in this show, there's a big you know, a rigmarole or whatever, and Cody comes out and he cuts a promo and he says, we are not alone. We have found a fifth member someone. He says, then I have a legacy with and when he said legacy, man, they pop big. They do exactly who he was talking about. And then he says our partner is an apex predator, and they go yay, They chant Randy's name, and then Cody says, you fans are right, and then show went off the air. I was like, Okay, I guess it's Randy.
Speaker 4: Presume so well it is. They actually put it up on WWE dot com.
Speaker 1: If you watch the h those social media folks on w w dot com. Don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 4: That's true, I guess, But hey.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was Deposs Junior. Well, he had a legacy with Cody.
Speaker 4: He he was an apex predator. I guess in the Marine movie that he started. I guess you could go ahead and do that and then you could have a riot on your hands. But what they did was, I believe, prevented any riot that people wanted to cook up in their minds when they didn't see CM punk be that person that showed up and was the surprise on Saturday. So I think they did a great job setting that up. Randy Warton is going to be there. Sure they're going to be CM punk chants because it's Chicago, so that's cool. But once the thing is over with, I don't think anybody's gonna have a problem at all.
Speaker 1: Well let's see, I'm looking through everything right.
Speaker 4: Here, your old emails that you found.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like, uh, let's see, here.
Speaker 4: Is where all the renewals went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, October five, no email since October five? What is it November twenty one. That's a lot of emails.
Speaker 4: Bro enjoying that silence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, October five.
Speaker 4: They has an idea delete all.
Speaker 1: Well, I me don't care.
Speaker 4: Obviously you're not missing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell Tony here looks like.
Speaker 4: October.
Speaker 1: What did I say? Six?
Speaker 4: Fifth? Fifth? Yes? Now is this something that has plagued everybody with a fur w.
Speaker 1: I don't care about everybody else. I honestly don't care about any of them that I missed. How has my life been different in the last six weeks? Yeah, I guess it didn't give ballad either. Okay, So we've also got n XT tonight. Now, this show was tape. You know what that means. That means that I can tell you that all these matches are gonna happen tonight. There will not be any changes.
Speaker 4: You sure.
Speaker 1: We have an Iron Survivor Challenge qualifier Carmelo Hayes versus Josh Briggs. Josh Briggs is the fornicator for those of you following along. Yes, we've got Blair Davenport and THEA Hale Women's Iron Survivor Challenge qualifire. We have Lyra val Kaira defending against Zaya Lee, who lost to Becky Lynch on Raw Monday.
Speaker 4: So how you do it?
Speaker 1: No, that's not how you do it. That's that's stupid. Okay, that's like beating hook for only the second time in his entire aw career and then on the very next show just randomly going on doing a job. No m dar versus Chad Gable, Angel Garza and Umberto Coreo.
Speaker 4: Didn't till Zawa get squashed before he had his match again, Yeah, that was also stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, andras no fan Moligue, Blade and Eddie Thorpe and Charlie Dempsey. See the thing is, okay, listen, you want Zie to get championship match, okay, cool, Well, you know, give it to her and then she can face Becky next Monday. Why does she have to face Becky, lose and then go her to have her championship match. That doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know why they do this.
Speaker 4: There was no other woman on the roster. Becky could have faced them.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: The point is they've been building this feud up forever, but you didn't have to do it the night before she gets a championship match on NXC. That's my point, I know.
Speaker 4: But next week she could have interfered against Becky, caused some havoc, that's what caused the DQ and then she could have had her match without losing, and she could have actually looked a little bit stronger maybe, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, SmackDown or something like that.
Speaker 4: Why isn't Zion Lee then the fifth person on that dam.
Speaker 1: Because there's only four people on each team. But why I don't know, and it doesn't matter, Yes it does.
Speaker 4: So then we've got to see ra Kellen there. Then fight Nia Jacks, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Then we've got tomorrow. I don't believe anything has been announced for aw Dynamite as.
Speaker 2: Of right now.
Speaker 4: Now now it's a bit have I have.
Speaker 1: I missed something? Everybody. I don't think anything has been announced for the actual Dynamos.
Speaker 4: An announcement of an announcement of the collision in her Continental Continental Classic.
Speaker 1: I have seen, oh, check Gable us last night as well, Yeah he did, but at least well I guess Zia's was a kind of a back and forth too. But anyway, Wednesday we have the Continental Classic Selection special. So we've got a Continental Classic coming up. And it was announced quite a while ago, actually two weeks ago, quite a while. It was.
Speaker 4: It was the Saturday before this past Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost two weeks ago. They announced it and we know virtually nobody in it, and so instead of announcing it on Dynamite, Collision Rampage or the pay per view, this will be a streaming special. It will air on x YouTube and Facebook. Tony Kahan announced that it would be Wednesday. He didn't say when. I have no idea. I can't help you guys. I don't know when this will stream, but there will be Continental Classic matches on Wednesday. Now, granted, we do know Brian Danielson Andrade who didn't want to be in it. He'll be talked into it, and uh and Mark Briscoe, Right, we know those three.
Speaker 4: Before we got Indrade, Mark Briscoe, Danielson and Kingston Kingston.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we got four, we got the belts, so this doesn't have to air before Dynamite. They could do matches involving the four people we know and then do the selection special after Dynamite. But you see, I don't know, I don't know when this is. I have no earthly idea when the Continental Classic Selection special will be.
Speaker 4: Well, you see, Brian made book show by show.
Speaker 1: I presume that soon we will know this answer, maybe even by the end of this show back in the moment.
Speaker 2: It was a relive some time. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live except for bb also Wrestling Observe dot Com.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To fund I'm trying to figure this out here. This this email thing is a disaster. I'm gonna I would send it to you, but you never check your email.
Speaker 4: Well check it now, I guess virus.
Speaker 1: Which one you know? The one that at starts with a C?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, the only one I really use. Man, it's really the only one.
Speaker 1: All right, So listen, I'm sending you an email and I just want you to respond to it. I won't see I anyone's even responding because I don't think anyone's even responding. Man, oh man, what a what a life this has become for me?
Speaker 4: When did you? Did you send it already?
Speaker 1: I just sent it right now? Okay, Well we got more news here, so uh, Friday night's collision. We had Collision going head to head with SmackDown. What a fun day it was on Twitter yesterday, So was there anybody that was fooling themselves into thinking the Collision was going to do well? Did I miss the memo the Collision was going to do great opposite SmackDown.
Speaker 4: Jay White was going to win the title.
Speaker 1: Well, it did very poorly, did a point eight in eighteen to forty nine and two hundred and seventy thousand viewers, so it got killed. And then on the bright of INNI show we were talking about we were viewing the shows on Sunday and Vinny said that of all the shows on that he watched Rampage. He said, between Dynamite Collision and Rampage, he thought Rampage was the best show. But he said it was going to be the least watch show. And I said, I don't know about that, brother, because.
Speaker 4: The uh, SmackDown ends a ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, SmackDown ends a ten, so it's not head to head with SmackDown, so it actually might do better than Collision. And as a matter of fact, it did. Hey, Rampage did two hundred and eighty thousand and a point oh nine, So Rampage beat Collision bubbly on whatever day.
Speaker 2: That was right?
Speaker 1: All right, SmackDown now here's what's what's silly about all of this? Okay, so Collision not only airs by the way head edd with SmackDown, but also on an unfamiliar night, and apparently people didn't take that into consideration either. And you know, I I pointed these facts out and I was it was usual paid by Tony. I'm paid by Tony Kan again, so that's good.
Speaker 4: So uh got to be paid by seven bucks soon.
Speaker 1: They don't pay you in the interview for one of those things. So the the SmackDown show, Collision got killed, the rampage was down, and SmackDown going head to head with Collision was up. Okay, two point two million viewers up at half a percent, and the eighteen to forty nine they were actually have almost ten percent from the week prior with collision competition, so a point six y two statistically. Statistically, zero SmackDown viewers watched AW and a small number of AW viewers watched SmackDown. So that's the that's the head to head bat.
Speaker 4: Maybe some NXT viewers came over to pad SmackDown just the stick it to collision.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say the collision number, I mean that is I believe bad basically the bottom of the barrel. You think, I think it's well, here's why I think, okay, because the the quarter hours for that show were like a razor straight line practically, so it's like nobody tuned in, nobody tuned out. It was just X number of people, you know, around two hundred and seventy thousand tuned in. They watched the whole show start to finish, and that was that. So that's your bottom of the barrel for aw collision on a Friday night, and probably for rampage close to rampage as well.
Speaker 4: To under eight thousand, that's their diest hard television viewers just the same way that for the all intents and purposes, we'll see what happens here with full gear. But what about one hundred and forty five thousand. I forget what the averages, but it's like they're around the same as far as no matter what the TV does, no matter what happens, this is how many people are going to come out and buy our paper. It's well over one hundred thousand. You might remember the number better than I do, but you know they have a core there that is, you know, unshakeable. Everybody's got one. We see it with WWE what it is you know when he comes to their TV shows or all we found was about what one point two million people during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say that I don't think you can read much at all into the Collision number. You move a show to a different day, you put it head to head with SmackDown, it's going to get killed. But I will say that Rampage number sucked because that's its normal time slot on its normal day, and it was the lowest total audience ever in the history of Rampage.
Speaker 4: Well hour three of four too, which they did not hype up. And I'm not I don't know what you could really have done with it, and you sure people would have poked fun at it. But you had four hours of AW that night. You had two hours of Collision going head to head with SmackDown, You had an hour of ramp and you had an hour of the pre show the AW full year, you know Barker show that they had. You know, you could have done maybe more with that. You could have had something where it make it like old WCW slash NWA and have you know, people interspliced throughout the show, doing some stuff. You know, I maybe you could have made more out of it. I don't know if it would have mattered or not, but I don't know, maybe you could have got more than three hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Say I'll say this about that Rampage number. That Rampage Show was not a bad show at all. I liked the show. Vinny liked the show a lot, but it absolutely died. It was the third hour on a Friday night. And before this new SmackDown deal was announced, you know, there had been a lot of talk about what if they did two hours on Fox and then an hour afterwards on FS one, And I always thought, my god, what a horrible idea. I mean, listen, if you're gonna make money for it, whatever, I mean, that's a story of raw. But from your you're gonna you're gonna go from Fox at ten o'clock to f S one at ten oh one. Okay, first off, you're gonna get cut in half immediately, because it happens every time they go to f S one. Second, you're adding a third hour on a Friday night, which is we can see here by the Rampage number. People don't want to watch three straight hours on a Friday night, So you're you gonna drop even worse. So what are we talking? You're gonna get like two point two million from eight to ten and then you know, eight hundred and fifty thousand at ten to one. What are you gonna put on at ten to eleven? Like a Roman reign segment, a big main event or what are you gonna do? You're gonna be smart. You're not gonna put anything valuable there because nobody's watching it compared to Fox. But then no one's gonna bother watching f S one cause it's like the the you know, Black Sheep Hour, whatever you call it. So, yeah, a horrible idea, and it's the same thing. You know, all the discussions about Raw, you know what about uh you know, I shouldn't say all the discussions because I haven't heard a lot about this, but you know, putting a couple hours of Raw and whatever and then another on Amazon or something, horrible idea. It will die die a death. So we'll see what happened to me.
Speaker 4: You need to linear properties to do something like that, especially if they're looking into doing you know, bringing back something during the show. Remember when the app came out and the network came out during commercials. You could switch over to the app and do that sort of thing, you know, if they find a partner, look if they go to like a WBD And I'm just using them as an example because they have True TV right there. True TV is a perfect you know, you might be able to get a bunch of people watching that would be hot, much higher than what their usual number is. But have it in conjunction with what's taking place on another channel that you own on something else that Raw would be on. But I want to throw this scenario at you with hindsight being twenty twenty and how they decided to go about doing the Max thing. Do you think that they could have have done an angle similar to what they did on the pay per view but have it play out throughout the show and then have some doubt going into the pay per view on Saturday. Do you think that in hindsight or do you think it just would have been wasted in those three hours going up against smack.
Speaker 1: Well, they did a good angle at the end of Rampage, but I certainly would have not gone off the one. I would not have gone off the air on Rampage saying we might not get an MGF match on Saturday. That would have been madness.
Speaker 4: Or we're gonna have the decision on what's going to take as okay, I was just wondering if you could have weaved through those three hours though, and made it where you actually had some drama. You know you're getting a title match, but what's going on with m JF.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't know you're going to a title match because of the.
Speaker 4: I know, but you do you do a story where you leave it open, where something is gonna give Jay White's gonna have that title. We're not just gonna let you hand it over. We're gonna come up with something. But you again, you built it because that.
Speaker 1: That that does terrible numbers historically when people don't know, like what's the main event going to be or whatever. I mean, listen, here's people were so mad. The people who had bought the pay per view were so mad at the idea that they weren't going to get that main event.
Speaker 4: Wait, some people were. In fact, you played those people out for thinking that.
Speaker 1: And here's what people did think. That is the point. But so don't tell people before they bought the show they may not get a main event because the ain't gonna buy it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they told them that. In that case, then they you could argue that they told them that on Saturday, right before the pay per view, that all this junk is taking place, and now we may not get MJF on it. To me, I don't think it would have mattered because I don't think historically AW is doing the same consistent numbers almost no matter what. And it was a risk to do. But frankly, what they did during the show was a risk. They actually have that show long storyline and on a pay per view. That was a risky thing to do, and some people think it paid off and some people didn't. So I don't know, just different type of risk.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think they shouldn't have done the storyline at all.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can, you can attack, but certainly don't tell people he's not going to be in the main event. That's madness, even if he is. See, the thing is, if you've already paid your money and they tell you guy ain't gonna work the main event, but then at the end he does, you didn't get ripped off. You don't want to tell people before they pay their money not gonna be the main event. We built it up for a month, but you ain't gonna make it because people actually won't buy, not in like gigantic numbers. But I don't want to lose ten buys. I don't want to lose any buys. I'm here to make money because then you'd have no buys back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: What's for dinner burgers after last week? No thanks?
Speaker 9: Avoiding foods of diarrhea, gas, floating, stomach pain, or loose oily stools. It may not be just stomach issues. It could be EPI or exocrine pancreatic insufficiency. EPI can cause uncomfortable symptoms because it's a condition where the pancreas doesn't release enough digestive enzymes to break down food. But EPI can be managed. Use the symptom checker on identify epi dot com and talk to your doctor about your symptoms. That's identify EPI dot com sponsored by Abby.
Speaker 8: Has your heater or air conditioner busted, appliance broken, computer crashed, then you need an ARW home warranty. Home system and appliance repairs and replacements can cause stress and costs you thousands of dollars per year. With an A plus BBB rating and the top rated home Warwardy company on consumer affairs and trust Pilot. ARW Home provides superior service featuring the industry's lowest service call fee. ARW Home has warranty plans that cover your kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbing systems, and much more. Plus AARW has partnered with Azurian to protect your new and used tablets, laptops, TVs, and other home tech from accidental damage in wear and tear. All plans come with a thirty day money back guarantee eight hundred eighty six seven six ' nine one seven eight hundred eighty six seven six nine one seven eight hundred eight six seven six nine one seven. That's eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine seventeen.
Speaker 3: Remember in the beginning, when you first started to build a life for you and your family, you never imagined it would come to this. Instead of living your dreams, you're living with debt. In fact, it's smothering you. Now there's a way you can take back control with one simple call. If you owe ten thousand dollars or more in credit card debt. You qualify to receive a free, no obligation consultation on how to get rid of that debt for good. Call the Debt Helpline now. We work on your behalf to reduce your debt. We specialize in credit cards, retail store cards, and medical bills. One simple call is all it takes to get the ball rolling to a debt free life. Stop living with debt and start living your dreams. Call the Debt Helpline now.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred nine four three two one five three eight hundred nine four three two one five three eight hundred nine four three two one five three. That's eight hundred nine four three twenty one fifty three.
Speaker 6: A psoriasis flare up can make a walk in the park. Well, no walk in the park.
Speaker 2: It's that obvious, huh.
Speaker 3: I've tried so many lotions and creams, but I still have symptoms.
Speaker 6: So those don't do enough to treat the inflammation beneath the skin. Leaving you with those uncontrolled symptoms.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, But what else can I do?
Speaker 6: You can get real with your dermatologists so they can help you get clear. Make an appointment and oh you're.
Speaker 2: Already on it.
Speaker 1: Hi, Yes, I'd like to make an appointment.
Speaker 6: Get Real Clear about psoriasis at Let's Get Realclear dot Com sponsored by ATV.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live Mike SIMBERBB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Well maybe around two thirty I'll get my emails back. Can't have been anything that.
Speaker 4: Important, right, Well, did Tony answer you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I said two thirty not home right now?
Speaker 4: All right? A stupid thing that happens.
Speaker 1: Whose fault is this?
Speaker 4: Not mine?
Speaker 1: All right? We got to talk about Raw, the Raw Report. It opened up and Drew Macnar coming out, and this guy cut a great promo because he is a classic heel that thinks he's done nothing wrong. He said, everyone's asking why Drew, Why I haven't changed one bit. I haven't lied one time. I'm not lying now. If you're a fan of mine, I don't have to explain myself. If you turned on me, well you were never a fan in the first place. I don't care about you guys. Jay attacked me from behind time after time after time. Last week, I looked him right in the eye and I jumped him. And I'm sure Jay wants me to say I'm sorry, but I don't remember one apology to me or anybody that he screwed over. He says, So why should I get over anything? My family I sacrificed for years. I missed birthdays, I missed holidays, and it clashed in the castle that was supposed to be my night, and your family took everything from my family. So everyone's asking if I joined the Judgment Day. Well the answer is no, but I will be on their team at Survivor Series because Rhea offered me something nobody else could, and that is you. Jayuso in a cage. So j comes out. He's all wacky, he's all eating, and he's gonna go beat up Drew. But the Judgment Day shows up and so outcomes Set, Sammy and Cody, and they get in this giant brawl and Adam Pierce sends down nerds to break it up, and he says, yes, Drew is on team Judgment Day. You babyfaces, I need a fifth member. By the end of the night, and by nine o'clock we're gonna have a advantage match later. I want to know who's on each team. And so Drew steps up and stares down Jay and then they leave. He also added no interference at the advantage match, or that whoever throws the first punch you lose the advantage. So Judgment Day's chatting, and pre says, Rhea, I don't like the guy, but it was a good idea to add Drew to this thing. But as the leader of the Judgment Day, he says, remember last week he said that and they got man. He goes, ah, it's just hot. Didn't mean it. Well, he said it again, and he says we should have discussed it, and she goes, well, you know. So Price says, worry this guy. I want to be in the advantage match, and Rhea says, well, we should all discuss that as well. Let's wait for Drew and we'll talk. My god, this next match, do I have hours? It's Raquel and Naya, okay, So they go back and forth for a while and Naya posts her and starts working over her back. So now Raquel has a bad back. So Raquel makes a comeback. She hits the corkscrew spinning elbow she's won mini matches with, but she doesn't cover. Instead, her brilliant plan is to lift up Naya. She tries and she collapses, So that was a stupid idea. So then Naya drags her to the corner for the sit down splash. Raquel gets under her and she decides I'm gonna try lifting her again. Well you'll never guess. Nya squishes her a second time and then it hits the sit down splash and pins her. You could not be a dumber babyface. I mean, my god, I was watching this smash and then as bad as the story was making, Raquel just look like a fool. So when Naya goes up for the uh for her finish the Anaya later get it, Raquel's gonna go under and get her up on her shoulders. Okay for a power bomb. Well listen, all I gotta do, Naya is put your feet on the middle ropes so she can get under you and lift you. Instead. As soon as Raquel gets under her, Nia just takes both of her feet off the ropes and so you gotta watch Raquel, she almost kills herself trying to get Nya up on her shoulders and literally all Nya had to do was help her a little bit by putting her feet up. But no, so she em here killed her for real, and then she killed her in storyline. This was a disaster.
Speaker 4: I believe WinCE. I'd like to blame Vince. I have to blame Vince, even if it's somebody else there. I'm blaming Vince for the fact that Naya came back and absolutely positively does not help anyone in the division at all. Yes, you need a giant, you need somebody unique, well where cal Rodriguez is pretty unique. And I have a feeling this is going to end with her body slaming Naya and getting a victory. But I mean, come on, come on, of all people, Naya, come on.
Speaker 1: Drew showed up to me with a judgment. Day Pre says he's the leader. He wants the advantage match. Drew says, no, no, no, I've got to go out there and take out jay Us, and so Pre says, fine, I want the match. It's yours. Show your worth, go get us the advantage, and Drew says that's leadership. So then Seth says he wants Drew and Jay says no, if Drew's in the ring, I want him, And so they finally all agree it's Jay and Drew for the advantage and say he says will have been his fifth member. He says, you know, I hear that. You know, SmackDown guys are not off limits. He wants Kevin obviously, but Cody says, I have an old friend I could call, which, by the way, in storyline is should we get the guy that's wrestling regularly or should we get the guy that's been out for eight months with a broken back? M well, let's do that guy.
Speaker 4: Well, he's the son of Dusty. He likes big surprises.
Speaker 1: Becky Lynch and Zaia Lee this match when it first started, it's like people like Becky, but they don't care one bit about Zia. And every time Zia got the heat, it was absolutely dead quiet in his building. But you know what, they worked, and they kept working, and they worked their asses off and by the end the crowd was into it and they were popping for the near falls there at the end, and then finally Becky avoids a kick man handles slam pinser turned into a very good match, and then afterwards damage Control comes through the crowd and Charlotte shot seeing Bianca. Russian Big brawl breaks out. Adam Pearson's out security to break it up. Vinci and Kaiser meet. Kaiser was given control over Vinci by Gunther, so he says stay back here, do not come out. I got this handled. So he goes out to face Johnny Gargano and sure enough, here comes Vinci. Kaiser gets distracted, tells him to get the hell out of here. He gets hit with a kick. One final beat, he gets pinned. Vinci shrugs. Kaiser's furious. Pierce is talking to Piper and Chelsea. A bunch of teams show up. They all want a title shot. He signs a multi person match, and then Maxine and Ivy wander in. I don't know what they want, and he goes, oh, let me guess you wanted to match. Fine, you're in, and I was like, well, actually we and Maxing goes shoosh, she wants the match. Now I'm not gonna do it, do it? I have pride Zoe. He cut a promo on Rhea and then yes, it is Ivy and Maxine, Naddy and Tigan, Caden and Katana and Indian Candace and a four way for the title shot. And like when the match began, I was like, this is gonna be horrible, okay, And as I look at it, I'm not quite sure why, because you know, Ivy does a good job, Natty's good, Tigan's good, Caden and Katan are a good team, and Candace is good. It's only Maxine and Indy that I was really worried about. Dude, But fans love Maxine. Everything they did, everything she did, they were.
Speaker 4: Into a cartoon.
Speaker 1: She is a total cartoon and I love her because she gives it two hundred percent, like two hundred percent. She gives this a gimmick. And finally the end, Tigan rolled through a Maxine high cross pinder and so yes next week Tigan and Natty versus Piper and Chelsea for the tag team type.
Speaker 4: Who added nothing on commentary?
Speaker 1: Nothing No, they did not gunthrough Rana, Kaiser and Vinci. He is very very upset. It's Kaiser. He says, maybe I put the wrong guy in charge.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: He says, watch how I go handle this. Mis So Pierce meets with about fifty teams backstage and he says, next week, you're all in tag team turmoil, and then he runs anal that says, we gotta have a confort conversation. I guess also a confrontation, but we had a confrontation with the Miz and Gunther. Am I going to hell or what? I can't wait for Gunther to kill this guy. Miss is out there and he talks about how he's got nothing but respect for this business. Yes he is. Gunther comes out says, Mike, let me kill it. Clarify, it's not I lack respect for you. I just have zero respect for you.
Speaker 4: I've heard from you before.
Speaker 1: I don't understand this. You don't understand this ring is sacred, it's for fighting and competition. You are nothing but an entertainer. And miss Well, I don't know if you guys remember this or not, but he was on the real world and never once was he wearing a Randy Savage, Rick Rude, Mister Perfect, Sean Michaels, or Brett Hart shirt. It was only Hulkamania shirts that he wore. He claims, I just loved these these wrestlers, these Intercontinental Championship entertainers. I wanted that title. He says. The reason we talk about those guys is they were in a one note robot like you, and Gunther laughs. He says this is quite cute. And then Miss goes, I've been knocked down time and time again. I've reinvented myself. I was like, what, You're the exact same Miss.
Speaker 4: It was on the real world.
Speaker 1: You've done anything but reinvent yourself. Do you think he's Jericho?
Speaker 4: He says a minute.
Speaker 1: He says, we're gonna find out Sunday. I'm gonna climb that anyway. He's talking about this, and Gunther's just sea sick of this guy, and he goes, little Mike muzzanin, You're just a little weirdo that got bullied in high school. You pursued a career and you finally got to the big time, and what happened? They bullied you here as well, and he goes, you know what, I don't think you've been bullied enough. Fans are chatting USA fall things, and so he starts bullying the miss do something about it, and so Mis punches him, and Gunther boots him right in the face and kills him, and I'm like God, and then he finally lifts his up or whatever. Mis hits a desperation low blow hits the skull crushing finale, and Michael Cole screams, do.
Speaker 4: It for all us weirdos.
Speaker 1: Miss I'm team Gunther. Yeah, okay, just making sure.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Then we had to knock Himer and Chad Gable. Great match, I say great, but it was really good. They had some excellent wrestling early and Chad Gable's awesome. Him and Nakamura it was good stuff. And then Gable tried to cradle Knackamer, sat on him, pinned him. We still don't know who Knackamura is calling out.
Speaker 4: Didn't sit down him like Night would.
Speaker 1: But he wants somebody. They didn't hurt him or make it difficult. Ibar kind of promo on Bronson. I can't wait. I'll skip Survivor series. I just want to watch Ibar and Bronson next week. And then Drew McIntire Jay user for the Advantage. So Cole and Wade are arguing. Cole says Drino drucid. He never got an apology, but just a few weeks ago, Jay apologize to Sammy. Wade goes, Sammy is not Drew. He said, show me one time. Ever find the footage that Jay said I'm sorry to Drew McIntyre and Michael Cole mutters revisionist history, and he goes, what are you talking about? These are just facts. Find me one time. So they're doing this match and uh, Drew cuts him off, goes for the clay more. Jay hits a jumping super kick. He goes up top, Drew grabs him, hits the Future Shot pins him. What I mean, I was fine with a clean finish, but man, they jobbed out jay Uso. Here you guys complaining about Jay White should be complained about jay Uso. I got pinned in the middle of the ring clean in an advantage match with Future Shot DDT. So that everyone shows up big brawl, you know, the whole deal.
Speaker 4: Well and jay Uso though, when Cody was saying all of this stuff, had a really weird look on his face because there's somebody else he's never apologized too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was not happy about Randy Orton being chosen, but Randy was chosen. He'll be there on Saturday, folks, and so I well afterwards Wrestling.
Speaker 4: Upper Line, it's.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, for those of you following along, yes, I've received no emails to Brian at Wrestlingobserver dot com in six weeks. And on top of that, my emails that I sent sent from Brian at Wrestlingobserver dot com. So if you replied, I didn't get any replies in the last six weeks. You know, this proves what's that You guys don't need social media, You don't need your emails, you don't need any of this crap. No, it's it's pointless. My life is no better or worse. Actually it's probably better. But I got no emails in the last six weeks to that particular address.
Speaker 4: You got a family, Brian. Yeah, you have the ability to go outside. Yes, yeah, books and other stimulating things for your mind.
Speaker 1: No, I don't read.
Speaker 4: Well, you do this? What do you do?
Speaker 1: Not be silly? I do the New York Times spelling b and I the genius level every time, because I am a genius. It's easy. It's too easy for me. I need a harder one for you. And that connections that's a joke.
Speaker 4: Connections, it's another one. Sounds like rehab Blasones.
Speaker 1: Smash it anyway, uh. Later on Tonight is the Brian and Vinnie and Granny and Craig and Sean Show for subscribers at Wrestlingobserver dot com, and as we announced last week, the actual episode that we were reviewing tonight, okay is Saturday Night's main event, Season seven, episode two. We have two left, which is exactly how many weeks we have left in November, so we're gonna get them all done. Season seven epide, episode two tonight. It's at Wrestlingobserver dot com, or you can watch us live at nine Pacific midnight Eastern as a video subscriber video dot f W on my dot com. A Saturday Night's main event Hulk Kogar or I'm sorry, the Warrior and Slaughter a Battle Royal and something with like the Bushwhackers. That's really weird. It's gonna be fun. Check it out tonight, everybody. That's it. We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.