Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stanevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move today, and we mentioned we did finish higher across the board for those major indices. We did see a blip to the upside intra day, and that was because of one name, but we also saw it moving in the after hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nvidia ended up moving hired today by one point seven percent. It was up as much as four point eight percent earlier in the session. The big news that happened during the trading day was the company said it expects to generate at least a trillion dollars from its Blackwell and rubinships to the end of twenty twenty seven. So it had previously forecast it would bring five hundred billion dollars in sales by the end of twenty twenty six. But Carol, what I'm interested in focusing on is what the company said after the markets closed. The company has launched Space Computing and announced a new chip for space data centers. Jensen Wong said that data centers are going to space in the after hours, and Vidia is down by just about four tenths of one percent. Also, some really interesting collaborations just in the last half hour have been announced. Amazon and Nvidia have collaborated on advanced AI assistants for cars. Automakers are adopting in Nvidia Drive Hyperion for level four vehicles. In Nvidia will launch robotaxes on Uber across twenty eight cities by twenty twenty eight, and then expanded partnerships with the likes of IBM, Adobe a strategic partnership with Adobe. Remember the GtC is going on right now. This is the Developers Conference. It's in San Jose. It's day one to four right now. Hyundai Kia and Nvidia expanding autonomous driving partnership. Salesforce is teamed up with Nvidia on AI agents and HPE Unveil's AI factory. Supercomputing advancements within Vidia not really moving the stock in the after hours, at least for Nvidia, right the other companies who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, you mentioned IBM of course, ticker for videos and VDA ticker for IBM is IBM. We did see IBM pop up about two point four percent.
Speaker 4: Earlier in the session. That is about a partnership.
Speaker 1: Between the two and so you do see news out of this event certainly move individual names. I'm going to get to kind of staying within the chip space, I want to go on over to Micron Technology.
Speaker 4: Ticker is MU.
Speaker 1: And we did see this one bopping up also in today's session, in fact, at its highs up about six point seven percent, finishing the day with a gain of three point six percent. And this is after the company. Really we're seeing some analyst optimism growing ahead of the chip makers results later on this week. The company does report on Wednesday, so there's some enthusiasm and optimism about what we might get from this player in the chip space. We did see kind of the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index as a whole hire in the trade as well. That of course is socks SOX that index. But I also want to mention micro Technology. It's up about fifty four percent year to date, so it's been on quite a tear.
Speaker 4: Also, Dollar Tree, Yeah, this is kind of non tech.
Speaker 3: This was is everything not a dollar anymore?
Speaker 2: Carol?
Speaker 3: Because I hear that they are wealthier shoppers are going Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the setup items Tickers dlt R.
Speaker 1: This was your number two gainer in the s and P five hundred, finishing the day up about six point four percent.
Speaker 4: And yeah, there's strategy.
Speaker 1: They've been introducing these higher priced items and that is apparently helping to increase their sales, especially with the wealthier shopper.
Speaker 4: So they're selling more goods in a range of three to.
Speaker 1: Five dollars dollars toys party supplies the boosted results last quarter.
Speaker 3: I will say I'm no marketing expert, but three to five dollars Tree doesn't have the same ring to it that Dollar Tree does. Dollars Tree, dollars Tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, sales are projected to be as much as twenty point seven billion dollars this year, with growth of about seven percent, following a gain of about ten percent last fiscal year. So you definitely did see this one pop in today's session. And I'm just going to take a look at what we've seen so far here to date. Dollar Tree still down about seven percent year to date.
Speaker 2: Okay, this stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.