Speaker 1: Morning Run with Amy and TJ and iHeartRadio Podcast. Good morning everyone, and welcome to Morning Run. We made it. It's Friday, February twenty seventh. I may be roviot.
Speaker 2: That makes it sound like survival and not thriving. Right. We made it to Friday. We made it to Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about sleeping in tomorrow. Forgive me where we are?
Speaker 2: Yes, Hello everybody. I'm in a much different mood. TJ Hols this morning, on this Friday. Always good to have you with us. We're looking forward to something. No matter what mood you are in, there's something that's going to improve all of our mood. Will it improve our moods? We have a rare celestial occurrence.
Speaker 1: I guess this evening a planets weekend, should say, yes, a planetary parade where all the planets literally line up, and apparently you can see some of this with the naked eye in certain areas, and to see all of them, I believe you need binoculars or a telescope or something more sophisticated. But it is a pretty cool phenomenon. And I was just telling you it's going to affect your astrological sign as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a Leo. So what's supposed to happen? This is on Saturday? What do you expect out of me on Saturday?
Speaker 1: The planet parade is going to mean this for Leo's an intimate connection or financial entanglement from the past resurfaces. Uh. Oh, you're seeing shared resources literally or emotionally a lot more clearly.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Still, you're craving expansion, and this is about trusting yourself enough to venture into the unknown.
Speaker 2: I've been living in the unknown for years.
Speaker 1: Go for it, Leo, go for it whether you like it or not. Okay, you Mine says your money isn't a reflection of your worth, but your energy is sacred. Maybe an expense or financial decision is perturbing you. Either way, you're seeing your values a lot more clearly. Now, build towards this new goal with confidence rather than just.
Speaker 2: Talking about Is that you think that's accurate?
Speaker 1: No, I don't have any expense. In fact, I'd like to spend more. Oh I haven't been spending enough?
Speaker 2: Oh on what?
Speaker 1: Just things? Shopping?
Speaker 2: Big?
Speaker 1: I'm itching to spend. Maybe that's a warning not too you know, when you get in that mood, just want to buy a few new things, So.
Speaker 2: That means something emotionally is going on with you. We'll get into that later. Up of folks, wherever you may be, however, you might be taking the planetary Parade this weekend. Hope you are having a good one. We're going to be making stops not just up in the skies on this run, but also we'll be making stops in, of all places, Chapaquad, New York, making a stop in Hollywood and Tampa as well as Park City, Utah. But yeah, Romes, we're starting in Chappaquad, New York, where it's take two today for the Clintons.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yes, but this is perhaps the big show because today it is former President Bill Clinton's turn to go before the House Oversight Committee. This is history being made, a former president testifying under oath before Congress. And yeah, we're waiting for that photo op because you know they're ready to snap a selfie unbeknownst to the residents, send it out and leak it out to the world.
Speaker 2: Isn't it crazy? This is a closed door, close press meeting and we're standing by for a picture because obviously everybody has seen now what happened yesterday, Hillary Clinton giving her testimony. This closed door hearings to this House committee, and yeah, sure enough. One of the members, Lauren Bobert of Colorado Republican, sent a couple of pictures actually to a right wing influencer and podcaster who immediately posted them. This is a violation of the rules. They stopped the hearing for a little while yesterday Robes. Before they started up again, Hillary Clinton kept saying, Hey, bring cameras in now. They wanted this to be open pressed because they don't want her answers edit it. But now they're suggesting, Robes, we might see the actual film, the video of this as soon as today, they said, possibly twenty four hours, trying to get it out quickly. But Clinton is up today. He knows more certainly than his wife does.
Speaker 1: Yes, because yes, we've noted this. Hillary Clinton has noted this. She is not in the Epstein filed. There isn't one picture with her next to Jeffrey Epstein. She says she doesn't believe she's ever met him ever. All right, So the House Oversight Committee, what they're doing here, the chairman says, what they're trying to do is to get to the bottom of the missing Epstein files related to President Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the other part of this story. Now, Yes, the Epstein story continues, but yes, a part of this story now it's a missing files that I have to do with interviews the FBI did with a woman who alleged sexual abuse by Trump when she was a miner. And now this happened back in the mid eighties allegedly, but the FBI interviews with this young lady have now gone missing. So Comber in this committee said they don't have all the answers right now, but they claim they are going to look into it and want a definitive answer. So a lot of movement right now on the Epstein stuff. And we'll see if President Clinton puts out a statement his opening remarks the way Hillary released hers yesterday before even going in there.
Speaker 1: And that was a nice touch from a PR standpoint. If they couldn't get public hearing, they couldn't have the transparency of having the media in the room listening to the Q and a session, And this is a nice way to at least set the tone and get out there what you want people to know before you start answering questions.
Speaker 2: All right, next leg if our run takes us out to Utah. Now, we're a key witness in the so called grief author murder trial. Will be back on the stand this morning for cross examination. She's a key witness because she claims to have bought the drugs that Corey Richins eventually used to kill her husband.
Speaker 1: Now, Richinds, a thirty five year old mother of three, is accused of poisoning her husband with a fentanyl lace drink in March of twenty twenty three. And why this case has risen to the level it has in terms of the press, Well, she wrote a children's book to help kids with grief over the loss of a parent, and just weeks later she was arrested for creating that grief. Richard's former housekeeper, Carmen Lauber, testified she bought drugs at Richand's request on at least three occasions. Emanation was going on when the trial, or at least testimony wrapped up yesterday. It will begin again this morning. And I have to say, watching the defense attorney, she has done a pretty good job so far at really going after the housekeeper's credibility and her story whether or not it was actually fentanyl that was requested. There's a lot of discrepancies as to which drug she actually purchased for Richards. So this has been interesting and this is the star witness of the prosecution's case on the stand.
Speaker 2: All right, Condelia go on the run here on this Friday morning Now with singer Pink and her husband Carrie Hart reportedly separating after twenty years of marriage, and that is apparently news to Pink.
Speaker 1: We were genuinely crushed to read the headlines yesterday that they were splitting, but we were elated when Pink herself posted a video online saying it's absolutely a fake story. Here's what she said. So, I was just alerted to the fact that I'm separated from my husband. I didn't know. Thank you People Magazine, Thank you US Weekly. Thank you for letting me know. I was wondering, would you also like to tell our children? My fourteen year old and nine year old are also unaware.
Speaker 2: So the headlines were out there, and the headlines robes you were reading, continue to be out there this morning. But the one that really got it going People Magazine, Pink separates from Carry Hart for a second time after twenty years of marriage. Source exclusive is what the headline said yesterday and as of this morning, as of this recording, that headline remains, even after she put up a video as the best source you could imagine on this case, right, Robes, Yep, they are still standing by and so many other outlets have now picked up on this story, Robes, and they're not correcting.
Speaker 1: No are. I just pulled up my Instagram just now as of this recording, and it is still the headline and you have to scroll down to see Pink put out a video refuting this. But they sink in that sense, they are not correcting. They are not taking down the headline, and that would imply they are standing by their exclusive source and their reporting. We shall see, all right. Next up on the Run, Netflix is bowing out of the battle for Warner Brothers. After making an offer for the studio and streaming side of Warner Brothers, Discovery Paramount jumped in and started a bidding war that Netflix now says it has zero interest in continuing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Warner Brothers board acknowledged that the updated Paramount offers were in fact superior to what Netflix was offering, and gave Netflix four days to respond. They were spotted in two hours. No thanks, We've not rolling, this, says just doesn't make any financial sense anymore. So it's clear the way for Warner Brothers. We'll see if that excuse me, four paramount to all Warner Brothers, and it will change the Hollywood landscape. App Wow, all those moves, all that I mean, it would lump so many media organizations, so many movies, so many eyes, so much ip into one behemoth.
Speaker 1: Yea, anyone say monopoly? All right? Next up on the run and some members of the US men's gold medal winning hockey team or saying are bad. They are expressing regret over how they handled the moment in the locker room when President Trump made that crack about the women's hockey team.
Speaker 2: And I will remember he was on the phone. Everybody was excited. They just want to go medal. The President's on speaker phone and he invited them to the White House. And then he kind of caught himself say, oh, you know, this means I got to invite the women too, now, and they don't impeach me if I don't. It was almost like an aside or something I have to do. It was it sucked if you were any woman with USA on your uniform.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, the guy's chuckled, and I understand it's awkward. The President of the United States is saying this to you. It's almost like you're kind of trying in a weird way, You're trying to not make him feel bad about a lame joke. But I understand how in the moment they got caught, course, of.
Speaker 2: Course, but they are acknowledging now, several of them, one saying we should have reacted differently. Another one flat out said sorry and apologized for the moment and saying it was a mistake. They're trying to quiet this down. Is a damn shamee's for the first time. These the men's and women's hockey teams won gold in the Olympics. This should they should. I would love to see them together all the time since they got back. But the guys seemed to get one treatment, the women seem to get a different one.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I know the women were invited to the State of the Union address, but I look at it now and think, I know it was tough, and they may have genuinely had scheduling conflicts, but it would have been nice to see them all being celebrated the same.
Speaker 2: That they felt like an afterthought.
Speaker 1: At that point, I understand, I get it, I get how everybody feels. It makes total sense.
Speaker 2: I will stay with us on this Friday morning ron when we come back. We have great news when it comes to one burger joint, and not so good news when it comes to a pizza joint. We'll explain. Also, no pajamas at the airport. I'm all for it, Tampa. That airport seemed to be all for it too. We'll explain it. They here.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everyone to your Friday morning run. And that pizza joint that got so many of us through college nights is closing hundreds of stores. Oh the garlic butter sauce. Papa John's plans to close three hundred stores by the end of next year in a cost cutting mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the company has been struggling a bit, certainly over the past year. Sales were flat. Okay, you're not losing money, but you know there needs to be growth they want to see. But the company also experienced a thirty percent stock drop since twenty twenty five. They are also cutting seven percent of the corporate workforce. But I can still to this day remember the Papa Johns. That was a couple of blocks up the street from the apartment, the studio apartment I showed you in Vanville. That's so funny. Well, the pizza's like five ninety nine you.
Speaker 1: Could get and so good, Like you know what a Papa John. If I had a blindfold off, ye, and I had three different pizzas, I would know the Papa John's pizza. I mean it's delicious. And again that garlic butter dipping sauce. Did you ever do that? I would always ask for extra and then I would diph So I don't like to eat the crust and you don't either, but I do when I can dip it into garlic butter. All right, all right. Next up on the run, the Whopper is about to be elevated. For the first time in ten years. Burger King is upgrading its signature burger.
Speaker 2: How can you upgrade perfection? Well they are using now a premium bun. They say, freshly cut onions and tomatoes, crisp lettuce, tangy pickles, and better tasting mayo. So they're saying they're not gonna just throw these together and be hastily wrapped. No, no, no, no, no, Now that we serve in a box to ensure a quote. It makes it to guess exactly the way it left the kitchen. The quarter of Helvie Patty will remain the same.
Speaker 1: However, now the changes come after years of complaints about smashed burgers that were falling apart. You know, when you get that burger and you're like, and then you see the commercial for the burger and you laugh at the difference between the two. It couldn't be more different.
Speaker 2: Dink. Somebody follow lawsuit over that. I think someone did that. It didn't match the now, maybe not Burger King.
Speaker 1: But I did. I do remember some frivolous lawsuit like that. But this was probably my favorite part of the story. The president of Burger King. This is his quote about the change. It's like we're putting our famous iconic burger in a tuxedo instead of a leisure suit.
Speaker 2: He lost me there.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I thought that was hilarious here because of the leisure suit with the crown on it. It won't cost more for consumers, we think, because basically I say this because Burger King says it's going to cost franchises an extra four thousand dollars a year to make these improvements. On the whopper, but they are asking the franchise owners not to pass on that cost to consumers. I don't know how much they can control it, but that's how they warded it. They are asking their franchise owners to not raise the price how much the whopper.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was the McDonald's burger that's coming with like fourteen bucks.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be like ten or eleven.
Speaker 2: That's a little great. Yeah, but a band double whopper which used with my jam for a little while.
Speaker 1: I don't it's so funny to think of you eating like that because you do not.
Speaker 2: Is this out now?
Speaker 1: It's I don't know when it's out, and it's out soon. I don't know when.
Speaker 2: Sorry, i'tes. But last leg of our run here. Now we're going to go down to Tampa where people were losing it yesterday because Tampa International Airport and it's official social media yesterday posted a notice that said they were banning pajamas at the airport. Now. Despite us being all for it, some people lost it, and the notice days and out went out Thursday morning rose by the afternoon, they had to put out another notice saying they were just kidding. I loved. I love when companies like this or organizations whatever, have fun on social media. I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yes, when it doesn't do any harm, that is funny. I appreciate so. The original post says this, We've seen it off. We've had enough. It's time to ban pajamas at Tampa International Airport. After successfully banning crocs and giving everyone the amazing opportunity to experience the world's first crocs free airport, it's time to take on an even larger crisis, pajamas at the airport in the middle of the day. We know the decision could be disruptive to someone in your life. It's time to have a difficult conversation with them. You can do this. We believe in you. The madness stops today. The movement starts now. Help Tampa International Airport become the world's first crocs free and pajama free airport. Do your part. Say no to pajamas at TPA.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's a lot. You know what, even if it's not a joke, if they were serious, I would have supported this. And you know who did support it, our boy, Sean Duffy. He responded to it like a thumbs up. Or something funny. But yes, he was in favor of this. But we do this all the time, robes. We're at the airport, it's sport for us. We'll sit down, We'll go early to have a mimosa, to sit and just watch people at the airport.
Speaker 1: You always make a really good point that I had not considered before. People think that they just want to be comfortable on a flight. I get that, but if you think about it, you will never have more people see you, see what you wear, see how you present yourself than when you fly somewhere and go to an airport. Name another time, when you're around that many people in a closed area where people are watching you.
Speaker 2: It's your biggest audience. It's your biggest audience for most people. Every time dress for the red carpet and folks in there all kinds of ways. It is such a good sport to watch. But hey, do you think dress how you want to be comfortable, be whatever? But we we don't roll that way. But they put up a post to follow up saying today's post about banning pajamas was another playful nod to day of travel fashion debates. We encourage our passengers to travel comfortably and appreciate our loyal followers who enjoy the online humor. Yes, Pj's on a plane. To each his or her own.
Speaker 1: However, it's an opportunity.
Speaker 2: To do what to look better, Yeah, to dress up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to make it an experience that I look at it like that people dress up when they're going somewhere exciting or important, maybe even to church. Right, So I appreciate the idea of it being something special and an event and a privilege and something exciting. And yes, it can be frustrating and you have to bring your patience and there can be issues, but if you treat it like an experience and an opportunity, and how cool is that that you get to fly on a plane, I don't know. That's just how I look.
Speaker 2: At it, and that's how we treat it every single time. It is an experience.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, folks, something we want you to consider it is our quote of the day Robes. This one came out of nowhere, and it came out of today, and it came out of one of our stories that you wouldn't believe. The quote is coming from the story having to do with Netflix backing out of the deal to try to acquire Warner Brothers. Okay, and this is how they explained it. They're CEO saying, quote the deal with something that was nice to have at the right price, not must have at any price. Now you apply that to that deal, it makes sense. Stop start going through your life, start going through the decisions we make and things we fight for. How far you're willing to go and if you have a mind. This made me think about it. So many things would go after if you'd know that this is something I really want, but I'm only willing to sacrifice this much for I am not willing to compromise and sacrifice and give up any price to acquire.
Speaker 1: I loved his quote that was that is you right? That could be applied to so many things. And it's funny. When I heard the story, I was imagining all the different homes that I've lost, and I know so many people have had this experience. Once you start getting into a bidding war, I'm out, Like we're done. And even in a relationship, like you know, what if you have to, if you have to like basically give up everything and whether it's money or values or whatever, Yeah, there is a point at which it isn't worth it.
Speaker 2: You're laughed at me, and you've seen this more happen over this past several years. I was seeing together the negotiations I have and the things that I have gained because I will simply look at someone and say, nop, I'm good bye and willing to walk away. This is something I wanted at the right price, not at any price. And it does work when you have that limit.
Speaker 1: If that's a line that you could not that you need one because you just walk away and have zero issues with it. Oh yes, we just got a car recently and that was that was so fascinating watching you do your thing and then watching people grobble. I mean it would beyond the walking off the car lot is the guy chasing you? I mean you were you had to like turn your phone off, it was calling back and yeah.
Speaker 2: It was fun. But folks take that with you. Yes, it comes from the folks over at Netflix, but it could be applied to so many things in our lives. If it's something that was quote nice to have at the right price, not must have at any price. I love that. Thanks Netflix, Sorry didn't your deal didn't work out. But now that you've walked away, it might end up working out in their fair I agree. All right, folks, we always appreciate you running well us.
Speaker 1: I'm Tjlks and I'm Amy Robock. Have a wonderful Friday and even better weekend, and keep checking out our feed because we will have plenty, plenty of updates for you throughout the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh, we didn't remind we have the whole, the whole pink thing. We had a full We didn't remind folks, there is a full episode about pinking our husband that you can really hear how we go in on it. It was just a preview here in morning Ron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so check it out. That was the episode before this, and we'll have plenty more to come throughout the day and throughout the weekend. Thank you all for listening.