Speaker 1: One of my teams from college had a buddy who he was at a Drake concert and one of the one of the one of Drake's guys came up to his girlfriend was like, hey, Drake wants to meet you, and she's like, oh, okay, like y'all definitely meet him. And then the guy started to come with and they got the security. I was like, no, man, just her, and he's like, hey, you better don't go don't don't go in there if you go in there, and.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't. I just don't even. I'm just gonna say hi. She's there for three hours. Oh that is fucking I don't know what I get hard on that. You know exactly what happened in that room.
Speaker 3: I don't know the details, but I know if my girl does that, it's over. She better not even fucking try at home. Yeah, Oh her definitely got it.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna go say hi for five minutes, like, oh, should be right out, don't worry.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Busting with the Boys, Episode ninety five.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Episode ninety five? We are We're honing in on episode one hundred. I try I truly cannot believe we're getting We've made it this far, but this episode is a banger. Chase comes on the bus. I'm not gonna lie like feeling the episode out. We had him on last year, Like you just kind of don't know how his demeanor is, like if he's kind of like an asshole. It has a little arrogance to him, but the dude just kind of knows what he wants, Like he's extremely focused. He's a very focused individual, and I fuck with this vibe. Like we had a really good podcast. It's really interesting too. We dove into a lot of stuff the concert last year and a lot of things like the way he writes music, the way he's kind of into his craft, and I just really respect the way he goes about a shit about his craft. But before we get into that episode, Chase Rice is a Chevy boy by the way, he drives a phenomenal looking Chevy, and Chevy specifically the Chevy Silverado is the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. It is dependable like the people who drive them. You hard workers, gritty, dependable, lunch pale guys. First and last out, take blue Collar, Take in your lunchbox, to work. I guess that goes with the Lunchbell guys too, but they are a partner with a grit determination. Anything is possible with the Silverado. You can tailgate, you can haul, you can tow, you can off road moving day shit, whether you're helping out your friends or family members road trips with the boys. Go to a dealership near you, a local Chevy dealership, let them know that the Boys sent you. Were dabbling around some ideas, were still brainstorming a couple of things on what we can do for people who hand their phone to their girlfriend, their wife. Maybe, hey, maybe your chick listening, You need to get that Chevy Silverado and you hand it to your boyfriend or husband, your brother, whoever it is, whoever's around. You give them the phone, have them hit record, and kind of do a play on of like, Hey, the boys sent me. You jump in your Chevy Silverado, you drive off in the sunset, but go to a local dealership near you, let them know the boys sent you. And I think we're going to have a nice little gift for you. But without further ado, let's jump into this episode. I think you're going to really enjoy it. Shout it from the Mountaintops. After you listen to it, subscribe on every channel, But as always for the boys, biggest pugs and tiny stuff kisses.
Speaker 5: I'm a bison rancher.
Speaker 2: Now that's it.
Speaker 6: I got kicked out of country last year. I'm a bison rancher.
Speaker 2: So what do you mean kick out of country? What does that mean? I just did a show that people got pissed about. What they get mad about you? Before we started this episode is brought to you by Chevy and Barstool. Hey, it's brought to you by Chevy and Barseool and Bison.
Speaker 4: Because he said he had some good some good bison stories and stuff. So before we got.
Speaker 1: Going, yeah, no, yeah, brought to you by Chevy. This is our third pod brought to you by Chevy. I feel like I said that every single time, but at a number, because that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: That's what numbers go. Alex, did you have me fired up? Are you mad?
Speaker 5: Fired up?
Speaker 2: You were mad? Just pissed? They said I liked you just said that in front of Chases.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I sit in front of Chase like god damn.
Speaker 3: I got my Jack here, so I'm like, oh, man, if he's not gonna be here for about ten or twenty.
Speaker 6: That's gonna get it. You're gonna start to this interview.
Speaker 1: So okay, Yeah, I told I told Will I wasn't gonna go today, and then he really believed it. So that's that fucking story that that was a good one.
Speaker 5: I didn't believe it.
Speaker 4: No, I know you didn't believe I believe that. When we were on the phone, You're like, I can come in ten minutes.
Speaker 1: You really what if I didn't come? How much would you talk to me about what you would do after that?
Speaker 5: I think I would have took a deep breath.
Speaker 2: Sure, now I said, hey, Taylor's not come and Chase you could have his seat.
Speaker 5: And we get started in that chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would you would you be disappointing?
Speaker 5: I'd just be disappointed I didn't get to see you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very sweet of you to say. It's very nice for you to say. Last time was my heart Actually right now, well, last.
Speaker 6: Time was on a It was on the screens the TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this zoom your house looked nice.
Speaker 3: The house is coming along with and so I can stop fucking with the house. Yeah, the house needs to stop being fucked with, Like I need to just move on from it's good.
Speaker 1: It's like the Winchester Mansion or whatever. You see that place in Santa Cruz. It's a haunted place where the guy who started a Winchester he died, and then the lady he was married to thought that all the people who are killed by the gun was going to come back and murder her or get to her, haunt her. So the only someone came to in a voice. And I might be butchering this, the whole idea was that she had she had to keep on building on the house. And the house is like in somewhere in California, but you'll literally you can go on a tour of the.
Speaker 2: House and you open doors and it'll be stairways to nothing.
Speaker 1: But the woman always had the house under construction because that was the only way in her mind that she could be like free from the spirits getting to her that were killed.
Speaker 5: That's weird going on in my house.
Speaker 2: If there's spirits in there, I don't care. You're welcome, just I wouldn't say that. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure probably. I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You don't watch enough spooky movies, because if you're saying hey, at their spirits.
Speaker 4: I believe in the paranormal shit that means happen to be right, there's too much weird shit that goes on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, But I also believe that they're not all bad.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I wouldn't wouldn't say that they're all bad. It's like generalizing, you know what I'm saying. You can't just generalize an entire group of things, especially shit.
Speaker 6: That goes on spiritual stuff to people that's real bad.
Speaker 2: Have you everd anything happened to you?
Speaker 5: No, not really anything growing up.
Speaker 1: Nah see, I've had a couple of hairy things happened to me that were like, I'm just gonna ignore that and pretend like it never happened.
Speaker 2: Those types of things, you know, Yeah, we'll just bury it deep down, very deep down.
Speaker 1: It's scary the thought of because to me, and I think I've said this before, like a murderer right on my karate stands, if a murderer came to my house, like I got a fighting chance. I can see you, you can see me. Now we're playing the game of chess. You know what I'm saying, Who's gonna get who first? If I can't see you and you're pulling my wife's hair around the room, and I can't see what the fuck's going on. Hey, I'm out of there. I'm fucking If my wife is getting slung around by her hair, I am fucking eighty eight and out the gate. Dude, I'm in my truck. I'm gone. I'm at their fucking ranch. Of you saying keep building.
Speaker 4: Because it's going on inspire me about Spooptobober.
Speaker 2: So we say the whole October is Spooptober. It's a great time, haunted houses, the leaves are falling, love fall. It's amazing, right.
Speaker 3: It was always like growing up playing football was like, okay, now it's finally our time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like it's season, so I can lock myself down with a girlfriend because I have nothing else to do other than football and her.
Speaker 2: And it's like break up throwing. The season's over break over the season is wind state. Yep, we're done, but I just love that part of a part of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to buy the weather breaks too. I'm you watch you gotta watch it. You gotta watch a spook every day. It's either a movie or TV show. These are all Tailor's rules too. He introduced me when I got here in eighteen, and I was fired up about it.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: And then every weekend, yes, thank you. Every weekend you go to a haunted house or something spooky. You know what I'm saying, Like, Hey, let's go check out the hay bales out with the biking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, scary stuff like that. You got to do that, you know, because you're not gonna hear a bigger dude, You're not gonna get scared.
Speaker 2: Of, like a haunted house.
Speaker 5: I would love it.
Speaker 2: But if you have a couple of drinks and really just buy into it, you get a little scared. It's the best time of the year, dude. You can get a group of people too, Oh, a big group, but you go in like separately. We should do a.
Speaker 3: Spoop coover night at my farm and do all that fun ship say less.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great idea, right.
Speaker 6: I Just don't run into the fucking bison because they don't care about spooking.
Speaker 2: They don't care about spook to her. Yeah, last time we were talking to you, you were about to get the bison.
Speaker 5: Now you got them, dude, I touched What is that? What is that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 3: For the first time. Bennington's my bull. I touched him for the first time this morning because we worked them, which.
Speaker 6: Means get them all in crowds. They're going fucking crazy.
Speaker 3: They they want to kill you, and then you somehow get them into the shoot and then you give them their shots.
Speaker 6: And we retagged them. So that's Bennington this morning.
Speaker 2: Uh with the that's a hot new tags and seventy six.
Speaker 6: Seventy six America.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I was gonna say one more off seventy seven.
Speaker 2: I know one more from seventy seven, but you gotta respect America too.
Speaker 5: They got game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is me touching them this before we change the tag. That's me touching him.
Speaker 5: For the first time.
Speaker 3: But he he can sling his head around and stab my hand in a.
Speaker 1: Second, so he So they're not nice. You can't like they're not They're not like hamsters. Hamsters aren't nice either. They're not like dogs. You know what I'm saying, a little more scared of fuck within a buffalo. Honestly, they mean, fucking.
Speaker 2: Man, These are not muffles.
Speaker 6: They're pissed off at all times if you get near.
Speaker 2: So why do you get him? So what is how do you make money off me, met Yeah, take a while.
Speaker 3: Like if you buy a farm to do it, you're gonna take forever. But I already had the farm, so I was like, Oh, let's.
Speaker 2: Let's put buffalo. Put buffalo on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a picture we got the Uh that's when it snows Montana, you know, somedays them boys look happy?
Speaker 1: So how long How old do they have to get before you send them to the old graveyard?
Speaker 2: Usually about three or four?
Speaker 3: Do you want to get about eight hundred nine hundred thousand pounds somewhere on there?
Speaker 2: Eight hundred nine hundred thousand pounds somewhere between there?
Speaker 1: Okay, eight hundred nine hundred two one thousand pounds thousand pounds.
Speaker 2: That's a massive that's a lot for me to deal with. It's a comprehendi of my mind. But obviously numbers are hard to It's all about the meat. Yeah, so eight hundred nine hundred punds and you have to get the three or four? What is the bull dode? Are you studying him out a little bit?
Speaker 3: Bull stays, yeah, bull doesn't ever rooster. He's yeah, he's just hanging out except for roosters. Like we got chickens.
Speaker 2: Now, how that?
Speaker 4: How's that you don't need a rooster for them to have babies. I don't know how that works, but no, you need to roost for them to have babies. They have to eggs have to be fertilized. Thinking have eggs.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's a former babies Got good point.
Speaker 5: Okay, different pages, got a little.
Speaker 2: I've been doing some homework on chickens. I'm gonna get a few.
Speaker 4: To have eggs though you don't need yes, But yeah, man, it's uh, this is why I need to go back on tour because I have chickens.
Speaker 5: Now I'm about to get a dog.
Speaker 1: And that's the fig of all the things you said. It's the most responsibility exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that's gonna be. I'm gonna take him on the road though, like I'd tell you, he would be in.
Speaker 4: This interview if I had really how old I'm getting puppy, He's not gonna be in this interview.
Speaker 2: Then he would be he would?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Nice this is We've got this on Amazon. Yeah, nice stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have to send you an invoice. I feel like our friendships fragile.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, I don't want to say invoice your puppy and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So what so what did you do to piss off? Uh?
Speaker 1: If you even want to talk about this, you did a concert last year. Wait, hang on, before we got mad about it.
Speaker 5: I wanted to.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 5: Is the bull like your breeder?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He breeds. So I'm getting so.
Speaker 4: Do you gotta like, do you gotta do all the stuff that gets him, you know, gets a sperm and ship like that.
Speaker 2: They do it naturally. That baby's naturally. It's easy. The only thing you gotta do is what we did this morning.
Speaker 5: Twice a year.
Speaker 6: You gotta work them, give them their shots, make sure they're healthy.
Speaker 5: Way, Yeah, I had to. I witnessed the cow get like jerked off once.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like I went in. Have I told you the story? No, go ahead, but I was going.
Speaker 4: In to do some like farm work or something like that and make a little money in the summer. Sure, go in money like jerking off exactly. Yeah, And so you went in. They had it all set up and they had like this, uh what do they call what do they call the women cows?
Speaker 2: Cats?
Speaker 5: Cats?
Speaker 2: I think they had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had they had a he person in there like ready to go, and they get the bull kind of squared up behind her so he can jump up. And right when he right when he jumps up, my man is he's rocked at the giant they got, they got the giants. They yeah that they slip on him and they slip off. They last like not even too pumped, but they slip on and off and they get all the semen on them and they started. Yeah, they start putting them in the little you know, the little tinctures to sell them, and it feels like a baby bottle all the way to the top. Yeah, I used to We used to do that with horses.
Speaker 5: Don't do that. This ship is a crazy sight.
Speaker 1: I'm like standing there, I've held I've held the flash light for the horses before you got to walk them around the woman. And then he's all excited, start starts slapping on his belly. That's him, like, that's basically him jerking off. That's what they do.
Speaker 2: And then he put him up.
Speaker 1: Because horses will tear up a girl horse. Studsill tear up a girl horse, I can you know, like with their hooves, they'll fuck their ass up physically, like carve into them, like start getting scrapes and hurt them like physically.
Speaker 2: You could just like.
Speaker 4: Washington last year, or a guy or two years ago, or a guy got work worked by a horse and he.
Speaker 2: Got worked by horse like a mister Hand situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, killed, you said a couple of years ago. I thought I heard something about that when I was like in high school too.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was, But I did the show a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: There was a video on it, right, Oh, yeah, you go about the infamous mister Hands video.
Speaker 5: I don't know about. I don't know. It's like some dude.
Speaker 1: He was like some of college when you get all the boys together, everyone's been drinking and you start looking up really fucked up ship online. So like mister Hands, it's a dude, it's a video of a horse having sex with a man. Did it kill the guy and cause internal bleeding and killed him? This might be the guy because it happened in what Seattle, right Washington?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 1: Dude, he he lets at a grunt in that video and you're like, oh, it's over for him.
Speaker 2: The thing is like this bake damn you're coming out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild anyway, you guys got any more Jack Daniel, he's a little uncomfortable around.
Speaker 5: They need a minute, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Answer that, we don't do that to him. Yeah, Bennington's all naturally.
Speaker 1: I like his name, and so they did you like upkeep on these You just gotta do it shots twice a year and other than that you just kind of let him be.
Speaker 3: You'll rotate him back and forth, field field, stuff like that. But there's they're pretty easy, really.
Speaker 1: And the study, the stud stays with the women.
Speaker 2: Yep, hangs out that. Now I'm getting ten more. So I've had two die. We had one die a couple of days ago when happened sick.
Speaker 5: She's been sick.
Speaker 2: She looked off. That's tough. Finally my far manager founder in the pond. Yeah, so that sucked.
Speaker 3: And then we had one die right the first week we got them, she got gorged on on transport.
Speaker 2: So I'm getting ten more.
Speaker 3: So I'll have now I'll have nineteen and those are from like the stud place, Diamond Tail Ranch in Colorado. So I'm getting nine nine females and then one bull. So she have two bulls now, Yeah, I'm really intrigued to see how.
Speaker 2: That's Yeah, yeah, I want to know what that dynamics all about each other up. I don't want to I don't want to die and watch them square up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean I just hope it is there, and she would be yeah, but how do you end it there?
Speaker 6: You don't?
Speaker 2: You just let them go, let them, let him figure it out. I'm sure Peter will run in to break them up. What's that he runs in there to break them? Hey, guys, stop here, that's enough. Benny is all right, dad, you're right close to him?
Speaker 5: Is this morning? Obviously? I'm sitting there hutching.
Speaker 3: I'm grabbing by the horns were I retagged their left ears and it was cool.
Speaker 6: Those things are fucking powerful.
Speaker 2: And what made you want to get into that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I had the land, so I always thought like it'd be cool to look around and see I found arrowheads on my farm and two bald eagles on there.
Speaker 6: And I was like, man, bison would go right along with all this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, boys and girls, it's time to get a little serious for a second. Last year has been hard on a lot of people, and that's why we're doing something new and partnering with our new sponsor, Better Help Online therapy. There's a misunderstanding of what therapy is. It can be whatever you want it to be. Honestly, it doesn't have to be sitting around a room talking talking about your feelings, feeling like you're kind of trapped or you're kind of nervous to go in there. I will tell you, like I'm doing premoral counseling now with my fiance and I was, you know, to be transparent, very nervous about walking in that room and talking about some of the tough things. But what you know, couples go through and stuff that nature. But sitting down like since day one, like going in and kind of talking about your perspective on things like where it comes from, learning about your partner, how they view things and everything else, and I just I know, just me like talking about kind of just awareness in general and being in tune with how you're feeling and how you can express it a little more because there's nowhere to run when you're kind of doing therapy. When you're doing these sessions, you kind of come to a dead end and the therapist helps walk you through what you're feeling, whether it is choosing a word on that little sheet that has a nice little fun stereotype we mess with, but you start talking about things and getting things out of the basement that you didn't even know you had. And I am just a huge advocate for therapy. A lot of people battle with temper stress sometimes it's too much to manage, or they have depression anxiety PTSD. The list goes on and you don't even have to have any of these things. But if this is you, you can use therapy to get some tools and make life a lot easier. Betterhelp is customize online therapy that offers video, phone and even life chat sessions your therapist, so you don't have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can start communicating with your therapists in under forty eight hours, join the millions of people who are seeing what therapy is really about. It's always a good time to invest in yourself, because you are your greatest asset. This podcast is sponsored by Betterhelp and our listeners get ten percent off their first month at betterhelp dot com slash bussing that's b E T T E r h e l P dot com slash bussing's.
Speaker 2: See that's badass. I like that.
Speaker 1: How much is a I mean we can always take this out. This is more of like a personal question for me. What do these things cost?
Speaker 2: For one?
Speaker 3: No, they're like a twelve hundred to two grand for the havers and then the bull can go anywhere from the one I got from out in Colorado dimetail.
Speaker 6: I think that think was seventy five hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh so they're not like they're not overwhelmingly expensive.
Speaker 4: Nay.
Speaker 3: I mean you go out to uh south to cod and I think it's called I can't remember what it's called, but I mean they're one one last year for like thirty grand. But I think that's just the guy's slinging is right on the counter. Yeah, just trying to show like I can afford a thirty thousand dollars bison, which is just stupid.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Is it like bloodlines like it is with horses, Yeah, a little bit of that going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's no horses. You show horses, whether the thirdbreds or quarter horses or pertruns like they.
Speaker 1: Have their talent and however well they do it, that's their bloodline and that's how you stud them and make more money off their they're young.
Speaker 2: Diamond say, oh nah, that he sent me all the everything, all.
Speaker 3: Their genetics, what they what they gained weight on grain, what they gained weight on grass, how their nuts, how big their balls are?
Speaker 5: Really it's important, I guess sure, all these numbers.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether it's important to us too, right, I was just literally looking through. Yeah, well, just like this one looks awesome. He looks different than any other bowl, and he has by far the.
Speaker 2: Biggest we're talking about now.
Speaker 1: This is the other bowl, is the one from Colorado. Well, Benything's gonna have a hard time. His ego is gonna get blasted with that, is what his ego. He's gonna have a tough time with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, he would although he could step up, he could. I mean, balls don't make the man. That's what my wife tells me.
Speaker 3: You know my monitor guy Lee, he's he's got a hot girlfriend and he shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Shout out Lee and his hot girlfriend for you Lee.
Speaker 3: He uh, yes, he's got he's got cohonas if they're not down there, they're at least in his heart, in his head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he won the bat.
Speaker 1: It's probably pretty charming to you to have a hot girlfriend, big Wall. It's something something of the sort, right, what.
Speaker 5: He's doing, right, But I'm like, damn Lee, good for him.
Speaker 2: You get her, right, Yeah, pull her up. What's her name?
Speaker 1: We'll take it out. Uh, okay, we need a last name. I we're going to cut all this out, says we laugh, but we all find DM.
Speaker 4: Taylor says that we all laugh. Taylor keeps a straight face. He's like, oh, yeah, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: You haven't been you and at all in a year. You did one concert we did. Still you've been going a little store crazy man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's certain times like I was, I'll keep myself busy going to like Montana for fishing or for snowboard, and I did a lot of snowboard in this winter.
Speaker 5: Started writing again.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've been going a little bit nuts. I needed the year off for sure, one hundred percent. I didn't realize, like what when you don't take a year off. What I realized was I was torn. I wasn't living in real life. I had nothing to write about. You'll sit in and write the room be like all right, well, you know what you guys want to write today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got this title. Let's see, Well what does that mean?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's just write it and that sucks. That's fun. I mean, your song's end up being like shit. So now I have something to write about. Like I'll just be sitting and writing by myself in the mornings at my house. And I wrote a song that's why I'm getting a dog or a song called bench Seed about a dog and it's about this dog saving this guy guy's life.
Speaker 6: It's actually a true story about my one of my best puddys from college.
Speaker 5: Lee Lee.
Speaker 6: Lee and I did not go to college. I don't know if Lee went to college.
Speaker 3: But the story is about this dog saving this guy's life, but the guy saving the dog's life too. It's a really cool song that's coming out later this year. So that's why when we shoot the video, I'm gonna have my own puppy. The puppy that's gonna be in that video is gonna become my actual puppy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 5: And what should I name the puppy?
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, I feel like Benson's a great name. Bennington.
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Is that the name of the bull?
Speaker 1: The bull time is Benningson. I don't like keep calling him Benton Benson, Benson. I forgot what I was even calling it. Naming an animal is the most important thing you can do, okay, because it sits there forever, right, It's a big thing.
Speaker 2: You can go with Ace Trapper. I've always liked for a dog's name.
Speaker 3: I kind of like human names for dogs, like just like Jack, Yeah, hey Jack, get over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even Jonathan. I've thought about Tonka. Jonathan would would be awesome.
Speaker 6: Definitely human name.
Speaker 2: Tanka's cool. You're talking about Tonka toys.
Speaker 3: Though, Tonka trucks, but also Tatanka is the Native American name for buffalo.
Speaker 2: Nice, do you hey? You need to go with that one. You could. Waffle is a great name for a dog. I do like that name, even though the dogs.
Speaker 5: About His name is Butters.
Speaker 1: Butters, but I think I was one of my my wife's friends.
Speaker 2: He has a dog named pound Cake. It's like a pug. I thought that was a.
Speaker 3: Great name for you got dozer dozers. Ryan Johansen from the Preds dog Yeah, and then the other one. James Neil was around a lot last year with US he had Nipsey Hustle.
Speaker 1: Nipsey Hustle. I like it, dude, Yeah those are those are cool. But making the decision, I can't give you a name right now.
Speaker 5: Round Tonka since it goes with the whole buffalo thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I was going to get a chocolate lab, but I end up going I'm going black Lab because they're way better bird dogs than so that doesn't make sense with.
Speaker 5: The brown I did.
Speaker 3: But I did want like a little mini buffalo running around, and that would be Tonka. But he's gonna be black, a little mini buffalo.
Speaker 2: I like that. How was it?
Speaker 4: How was it when you had your concert last year and then obviously all the the media and stuff grabbed your ship.
Speaker 3: It was interesting because I still don't fully understand it. I still think people are fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: To be honestly, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Which I think you would be right? Is wrong with people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody asked why I did it. Nobody asked what I was doing. People are throwing around numbers of four thousand people that I did a show.
Speaker 6: People are thrown around. I'm I made this much money off of I didn't make a dime.
Speaker 3: I was able to continue to pay my band though, and that's why I was doing it.
Speaker 6: I didn't make any money.
Speaker 3: But I wake up Sunday, I'm taking a nap because I'm toast from the night before where we had a blast the show.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. And then I wake.
Speaker 3: Up and there's all these texts, like one hundred texts in my phone was what the fuck is going on? And the first one I happened to read was from Jaco and I'm scrolling through our read Jakes and he's like, fuck you, man, you're the reason we can't do shows. I hate you, YadA yadat haha, just kidding.
Speaker 5: Buddy, You'll be all right.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, come in, what are you don't remember? Do you remember? The next day?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's when I started reading more texts and holy shit, am I in trouble for this? And so my publicists me off. She's like, okay, we're not going to say anything.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 5: It'll go away.
Speaker 6: Didn't go away, Like two days later, people are hating me.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, it's still happening, Like this isn't give me, give me some backstort. When what time was is that you did this.
Speaker 5: Early?
Speaker 2: It was early on.
Speaker 5: It was too early.
Speaker 2: It was right. It was kind of a right after our zoom.
Speaker 4: I think, right a little bit after the zoom, I.
Speaker 5: Like, it's such a blurloe marching.
Speaker 3: Like I'll openly say, looking back, no, we shouldn't have done a show. Sure, but it was way before anything was concrete. Nobody knew what was happening, so we just went and did the show. Completely went by all the Where was the show? It was Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary and written.
Speaker 2: Near Knoxville, very very Johnny Cash, if you know it was, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: And that was the article Watch Chase Rice go from Prison to Hell.
Speaker 3: Whoever wrote that, you're just a shitty Reporterly, Yeah, I don't disrespect you. I don't respect you like I just think you're shitty at your joke.
Speaker 1: So from Prison to Hell he was saying that because you played this thing, you're gonna go go to hell because.
Speaker 5: Of it, I guess.
Speaker 1: Because let me just say some real quick that titles fucking badass, Like whoever wrote that watch watch if it's like some headlining the fact, I'm just saying the title of it.
Speaker 3: Actually at all, because people don't read like I even realized from other people doing stuff last year, because last year I think brought out a lot of a lot of ship and a lot of people. Right, But I read other articles and I'm like, this piece of ship, how could they do that? And then I read the article, I'm like, oh, well no, the headline just made me hate them. But this one was like there was nine hundred people, And then the articles saying there's four thousand, YadA YadA, It's like, well, that's just not true.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we did it too early.
Speaker 3: But the problem that I'm having with even still the other people are doing these days, it's like.
Speaker 6: Y'all, here's somebody out every now and then. Stop reading headlines.
Speaker 2: Red lines.
Speaker 5: Our headlines are just flat out ignorant and wrong.
Speaker 2: Because you're trying to get everybody's attention. That's what they made them change it to.
Speaker 3: Chase Rose's concert Penitentiary ignites debate over safety or live shows. Anybody at that show, they were not one person of that show. That's that's another thing about it. Would say that they felt like they weren't harm Yeah, if they went to I seated ten thousand people and there were nine hundred, So anybody complained about it the other artists stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, what other artists complained about it? You're right there, I can't read that. There's one Kelsey Ballerini.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the problem.
Speaker 2: Why is she upset?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like it's it's like you're being selfish enough to put thousands of people health at risk, not to mention the potential ripple effect and play a normal country concert right now and it disappeared.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, people's tweets and they put it in their articles.
Speaker 1: We all want and needed tour. We just care about our fans and their families enough to wait. I can understand where she's coming.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 1: I can understand what Kelsey trying to stay there I get especially especially at the time that was going on. I understand it. I think a lot of it from what I've noticed. What I've noticed about country music is like you kind of have to play a fine line.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we know what her view is, but I think when it comes to like how she resonates with her fans, I'm sure whatever her platform is that I don't know a lot about her. I'm sure she's trying to you know, keep a large fan base with that.
Speaker 2: Who knows what's that she's.
Speaker 5: Scorn phone number.
Speaker 2: If you've got a real problem that hit me up, we'll talk about it, no question. Understand that people are.
Speaker 3: Taking so much shit in to social media that it's creating a vibe that doesn't need to be there, right. It needs to create conversation, not a divide, And that's not what's happening.
Speaker 1: You say that because I'll see like friends of mine like good things happen, guys sends a contract or you know, country guy does an album number one, and I want to tweet about it, but I'm like, well, if I have the person's number, I'll.
Speaker 2: Just text them because it's probably just better to do.
Speaker 1: If you really want to congratulate somebody, you should send a text out if you have the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Like if you make the Pro Bowl, like I mean, obviously, congratulations in person, but of course when I see it, I'm gonna say, oh the boy maybe, oh yeah, sometimes obviously you'll probably see me photoshopped in some Pro Bowl that you made.
Speaker 2: Have you have you been? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But like to like, I think another part where you're coming from as well, is like you're sitting here like, yeah, we did it too early, and also no one's given you a chance to hear like, hey listen, okay, like I might have messed up, but like you're already deciding that I'm standing on one side of the line when there's not even a line that it's being created.
Speaker 2: It's being created on social media.
Speaker 6: And to speak to that even more, which is that's an awesome point.
Speaker 3: But I am anybody that apologizes because they're supposed to apologize, Fuck you, that's a fake apology. Yeah, I will apologize if I look at something, And first of all, give me a second.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna apologize in your.
Speaker 4: Timeline right react to the story to tell I'm gonna apologize when I've had a chance to sit back and think about something that's happened, or I'm gonna decide not to apologize.
Speaker 2: It depends on whatever the situation is.
Speaker 4: But stop apologize because people are telling you it'll apologize. That's fucking fake and nobody wants to hear it.
Speaker 1: You're trying to cross the tea dot ny so that people will forget about something. Well he said sorry, well she said sorry.
Speaker 2: That type of thing, And.
Speaker 4: We're starting to live in this like social media world of like you have to say something immediately, like if you're not saying something, like your silence is we hear you from your silence, Like you haven't said nothing yet.
Speaker 5: It's like you a chance to actually think about what just happened.
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 1: If you talk to Kelsey since since June twenty eighth, whenever that came out, No, have you reached out to her as she reached out to you.
Speaker 5: No, honestly don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have a problem with anything like yeah, no matter who the artists are, if you come up to me and we have a conversation about it, I bet it's gonna be pretty chilling easy.
Speaker 5: I don't have a problem with anybody.
Speaker 3: What I do have a problem with is not having conversations about things that need to Like I said, it needs to be more conversation and less divide of just.
Speaker 2: You did this, fuck you, you're wrong some one hundred and forty characters just putting on Twitter.
Speaker 4: That's that means that is so useless in our world, and unfortunately it's what people do.
Speaker 5: Lot of times.
Speaker 1: Like I would go crazy with that if someone I knew tweeted that about men and be like I was ready to get ahold of that person immediately, like.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's what's the deal?
Speaker 1: Not try to like fight them or get an argument, Like I want to know where you're coming from, especially if this person has your number, if Kelsey has your number, Like you guys probably have a relatively decent relationship leading up to that point, and there hasn't been a conversation up till then. That seems kind of weird. I feel like the next time, I feel like the next time you see it, it's going to be that would for me be hard.
Speaker 5: I ain't got a hold on the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I hear you. Well, it sounds like she went off pretty hard on you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying, you gotta you gotta realize too, like if you if you do something you're not like fully like you haven't digestive realized what's actually happening. Like you're just you're sitting back and you read something prison going to hell, and then people.
Speaker 5: Tweeting and you're just like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: And then people are just piling on and you kind of like you're just kind of in a corner with your hands up, like ready to just be like, you know, you're in that uh like self preservation because people are just backing you kind of into a corner to speak up, you're forced to do something. Oh he stands here, and he's this and that and that. Now it is political and really like you just have no time to digest what you're one to do. But I assume that that's had that that fucking sucked because even though we're like, yeah, it's a badass like headline, because you think if you see like Johnny Cash, watch Johnny Cash go from prison to hell, I'm sure that's hanging up in somebody's wall because it's like, oh, that's a badass Johnny. At the time, when you're just seeing that, you're like what, then your phone's going off and then this happened, and then you're reading about people who have your number and they're tweeting they're already decided.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously it's not it's tough to handle when it's going yeah, fuck you.
Speaker 5: A lot of times passed a.
Speaker 2: Lot at all.
Speaker 3: I was like, first of all, I wasn't gonna apologize because I didn't feel like I had anything to apologize. I didn't force anybody to come to that show. They chose to come to that show. There's still a lot of people. There were seventy five hundred people in Jacksonville, Florida last Thursday that chose to come to a show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just because now it's more acceptable, Like is it really we don't want shit about this vaccine? Well, based on some of the the data and stuff with the end FLP is like some of the numbers and percentages are still the same as they were in.
Speaker 2: Last July, but now it's more acceptable.
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I don't fucking care either. What I do know is the states are going to allow us to play.
Speaker 5: I'm going to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to employ. I want to give my guys money. Yeah, I want to give them a fucking job, no question.
Speaker 2: Speak to that.
Speaker 4: Too, like like especially in the artist world, Like you know, I'm talking with a couple of different managers and they had to get furlough because they're not able. They were like somebody's tour manager, and now they got to get furloughed because there's just no work. Like when you said you didn't make a dime because you're trying to get money on the table for your band and whoever your team is like speak on our heart that's spent on like your group.
Speaker 5: It's brutal.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was there was a long period of time, probably a six to seven months is how long I kept everybody.
Speaker 2: On full payroll.
Speaker 5: And that is a ton of money.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you have.
Speaker 4: If you're losing that much money every week without bringing any end, you're going to be in trouble at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was awful.
Speaker 5: I mean, you see your your account going that all the.
Speaker 2: Stuff you've worked for Gary oh ye place to be. But at the same time.
Speaker 3: That's happening, you're also knowing that these people that if you don't have that happen, that these people that you've been with for eight years, that you've built relationship with, you've got to know their families are not going to have a job.
Speaker 6: And that sucks, Like I don't want that for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I.
Speaker 6: Held on so long for for my band and crew of like paying them.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm doing shows now to continue to get these guys jobs, continue to.
Speaker 6: Slowly work our way back into a normal life.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that this is the first time I'm hearing about that that you've chose to pay your ban for sixty seven months, and I'm sure some people didn't.
Speaker 2: How is that not an article? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it's it, you know, nothing necessarily like it needs to be an article. But there is like stuff that, Yeah, you're just unaware, like the people just aren't aware of it because it's not the hottest thing. All this is gonna be, you know, this is gonna be a great hot take, right yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 1: And especially with you can't write an article going to hell. The headline can't be going to hell with that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, help out the band, whatever reason.
Speaker 3: People just want to hate people these days, and it's the most confusing thing ever.
Speaker 1: People people are becoming more and more reactive, and I think people the more social media comes out and the more there's so many new ways to engage with people, and there's so many because of that, there's so many new ways to make money. I think people want that dream of that and then don't really know how to go about it. And then they see people with success doing things and they want to be reactive and get a response. And they have Chase Rice, they have a celebrity talk to them back because I can tell you you're a piece of shit and you say fuck off, Like, oh I got I did something.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: There's a there's a need to like that makes them feel relevant in the situation. But I think jelly Roll, he was on here two days ago, brought it up perfectly. It was like, your emoji is a fucking a Pokemon. Yeah, your profile, your profile poke you don't like, You're just a fucking troll, And that's what most of these people are. I'm I'm super intrigued by the Kelsey ball or anything because I'm just like, do you think she?
Speaker 2: Did you read the did you read the article? I don't know that thing? To me, just I wonder where we're hitting her heads at now that after.
Speaker 6: A year, you know what I'm saying. Pool asked me like, so, what do you think of her?
Speaker 3: What do you think of Maren Morris also spoke out on I don't I don't really have a thought. I haven't talked to them, so I'm not gonna sit there and speak into that. Do I hate their music now? No, I think their music's sick. Yeah, especially think Maren's unbelievable. But my biggest thing from all of it would be y'all just be open to more conversations as opposed to just fucking thrashing people on social media.
Speaker 5: Yeah that it gets us nowhere, right, Yeah, absolutely nowhere.
Speaker 1: And I think about the time it was June, like we didn't know if we were gonna have football, then, we didn't know what the hell was going on in the world was.
Speaker 2: Like, and that is like probably the peak of everything.
Speaker 1: And I think, like you just said, numbers are the same as they were in July right now, according to the nflpa's argument versus O tas right now, that's the whole thing going on with us, And it's like, uh, I think the only thing that's changed is people have become more impatient. Like they thought, Okay, this would be a six month thing, all right, it's a year. Hey, twenty twenty sucked, you know, twenty twenty one is gonna be way better. And you sit there and we're getting towards that halfway point of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: We're going not a whole lot's fucking changed.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think I think even people whatever side of the fencer. I think people are getting impatient and they're thinking I've always.
Speaker 5: Thought, I well not always.
Speaker 3: I remember thinking last year like, wait a minute, we're not gonna tour till June, that we're gonna be out way before that.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, I knew the one show and it's like, okay, never not, we're not gonna be out.
Speaker 3: But then this year, I like my mindset was the opposite. It's like, we're gonna have shows here and there, it's gonna get going. Fall might be rocking a little bit, but twenty twenty two gets your ass right, because I do believe by twenty twenty two, I'm not putting up with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My famous last words man famous.
Speaker 4: Block folio. I have just downloaded this app last week because I had huge fomo on this doge coin or this meme coin that everybody's talking about I had. I didn't have a rant on Twitter, but I just I had absolutely foma because I felt like I was missing out and everybody in the world was getting rich except me.
Speaker 5: Uh, do you.
Speaker 2: Boys have blockfolio?
Speaker 5: You guys?
Speaker 2: Are you guys in crypto?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm in doze, You're in doze?
Speaker 2: In doze I think Jackson Doze two.
Speaker 5: What else are you in? Go ahead, grab the micro I'm in a.
Speaker 4: Percentage of light coin because I'm on a certain trading website where you can do percentage splits, but doze coin mainly. You're on Blockfolio, right, yeah, exactly, I love that. Download the Blockfolio app. You can build your portfolio and follow the pieces. That's that's why I really I butchered that word right there. Build your portfolio and follow the prices of more than ten thousand coins. Blockfolio is the world's most popular mobile app for cryptocurrency tracking and trading. Get phone notification updates directly from the projects you care about most.
Speaker 5: Buy and sell.
Speaker 2: Bitcoin ethereum, doge coin, that's the coin like it is it?
Speaker 4: Light coin or light a light coin, light coin, and other top tokens with absolutely zero fees, and get a free coin with every trade over ten dollars, you can get a you can get a lot of free coins. He's just throwing ten dollars. You're throwing ten dollars. You get your free coin. Visit the app store and download Blockfolio for free. Today. The NFL draft is coming up, and more and more NFL players continue to invest in crypto. I need to be one of money to get on this train because Panthers offensive lineman Russell Okung is a genius because he was the first NFL player to be paid in big cooin in this past season. For lack of a better phrase, I thought he was an idiot, but I stand corrected that dude is a genius because he is now in. He was in on this a long time ago, and now everyone's going nuts about it enough enough so that I've you know, I've had enough.
Speaker 5: I've downloaded blockfolio.
Speaker 4: I'm now getting in the game and I am investing for the crypto generation. Download blockfolio today.
Speaker 5: How good was it.
Speaker 2: Performing the first It was your first show last weekend?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Jacksonville. We had a full band show in Jacksonville. Then we had two acoustic shows in Atlanta. The Jacksonville was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was unbelievable, man, because it was it was not as rowdy as our standards I guess are way lower now would be for a normal show, because you don't go into it with like this is going to be epic. I went into thinking I don't know what's about to happen, right, and everything was.
Speaker 5: The front was a.
Speaker 3: Lot of space for people and then the back there was a you know, a little barrier and it was as far as you could see people.
Speaker 2: Oh ship, I don't know what it looked like.
Speaker 3: They did have pods set up, but it looked like a lot of people and it was but it was all positive.
Speaker 2: Everybody was happy, everybody had a blast.
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 1: Florida and Texas have definitely taken the reins sand we're going, which.
Speaker 2: Was in it. Florida was I didn't even believe in covid. Yeah, that place fucking wild.
Speaker 4: Last year we went we were like, let's drive down to Destin. How that we went out with the biscuit. Yeah, Brad and you go out there and we were in Florida, like, oh, it doesn't necessarily exist, not actually didn't exist.
Speaker 5: It's a different world at Florida.
Speaker 2: It was a different fucking place. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what made this concert? You're doing this concert right now, okay, compared to last year? How many more people did this concert?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: There were six sixty five hundred more people.
Speaker 4: But also, like I want to say, like between the vaccination stuff and like concert, whoever runs that side of the industry they like you were saying pods Like they were kind of talking about that towards the end of the year last year, about like how concerts might adapt in the future and shit like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they'll out of that won't stick.
Speaker 3: There might be sections where people can do it because not because of COVID but because oh that was kind of nice being able to have my own VIP section. Yeah, but no, it's going to go back to full on at some point because that's the only way that the artists.
Speaker 6: Can afford to do it full ban and pay everybody and pay their expenses and still make money themselves.
Speaker 1: I wonderful it'll turn into this like like in the nineties when you go to a restaurant and they'd be like smoking your.
Speaker 2: Non smoking smoking. So once that'll be COVID or non COVID.
Speaker 1: I you, oh you're from Florida, non COVID, and oh you okay, you're from California COVID.
Speaker 2: You know, vaccinate, yeah, vaccinated, non vaccination.
Speaker 3: My shoes sometimes will be left side versus the right side, and whatever side, say, the right side would be the non covidea and the left sides of the COVID people that are, I guess more cautious with it. That would be fun to see, because I guarantee the non COVID would be a once of fucking crazy people going over here.
Speaker 2: Everybody just sitting really.
Speaker 1: Reading newspaper, is smoking a corn cob pipe something, doing something elegant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something really kind of looking over at the other side, these barbarians over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait for things to get back to normal. I mean I kind of stay out of the whole. Like vaccination non vaccinated. I'm neither fur nor against at this point. Like do you want you know, people for not getting it. Yeah, that's tough to hear because it goes back to people just want to fucking blast other people for no reason.
Speaker 2: No, you're not gonna know.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna tell me what to put my body, and I'm not gonna tell you would to put right.
Speaker 2: You don't get the vaccine, don't go get it.
Speaker 3: I don't care as long as it leads to me being on a stage singing to thousands of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking raging.
Speaker 4: It's the only the pace for the buffalo. Talk about your new single. You got a new single that's out. You just made a music video Yeah, that was ah.
Speaker 3: So drinking beer, talking god a man. I worked with FGL from the time I moved to town. We lived in a house on Benham Avenue and Green Hills and now the houses that are nice. The house we lived in was not much bigger than this.
Speaker 2: And it was it was very nice.
Speaker 3: It was extremely nice, extremely nice. Stickers on the ceiling, just and no. But we were just trying to figure it out. Nobody would write with us. Nobody wanted to have anything to.
Speaker 4: Do with us, because which is fair actually, because you got to earn your stripes. Why would they? Yeah, you know who we were. And then we wrote Cruise AFG. I already had something going with themselves for the publishing deal and all that, so.
Speaker 2: That was all cool.
Speaker 4: Then we split our separate ways. We just don't do our our own thing, which was used for me.
Speaker 3: It made me go right no with other people, made me go find another crew of people to write with, which made me a better writer.
Speaker 6: And then ten years later, here we are.
Speaker 3: I was actually going on stage at Brussey Mountain last year when Brian texted me. He was like, dude, I'll tell you how we make this song extra special. CRFGL collab Let's Go, and I was like, I'm in done, So yeah, I didn't know. Once again, going back to taking a year off, Lonely if You Are was my last single, and that died at eight got to the top ten and that became a massive hit, which I did not know that it was a massive hit until Thursday night in Jacksonville when all of a sudden I start playing it. They go nuts, same to drinking beer, talking God, that song is going to be nuts.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: It's uh like we start playing and people just are already going nuts.
Speaker 4: And it's in the thirties or twenties right now. It's got a lot of life left. That's awesome. And you is that to what you made the music video on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that you're talking about that sitting around the fire? Yeah, yeah, so that was we We just wanted to keep it simple. That's what we used to do with Venom or the brew House. We lived that, and yeah it was I just wanted to be us sitting around a fire that a robot. It was nuts how they filmed it and everything, but I just wanted to be simple. I wanted to let the songs speak herself.
Speaker 4: What's it like making a music video. It can be hell or it can be easy. I was were lonely if you are. I was only in like two or three scenes, so it's easy. I was just hanging out the whole day, chilling, yeah, drinking, be tong god.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're going probably four o'clock in the afternoon until about three two three in the morning somewhere and there. It's it's a lot of work, but that one was fun because we literally were just we had a lot of beer, broke out some some whiskey, and then it was easy. Yeah, it's fun. We're just all we had to sit around the fire and sing. Yeah, so you're right ripped. Around two three o'clock, oh three am, I was hammering game over, yeah, which was awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love do you get like like the like the creative direction in that process, Like do you get like the input on how you wanted to look or do you producers and production kind of handle that stuff?
Speaker 3: For that one, I did it all before, Like me and TK had the talk. We you know, had conversations about what I like, what I didn't like. We figured out the treatment. Then I said t K, it's yours, go with it, because I didn't really have a full vision for it. For some other videos, I can go completely different, Like there's a video for the bench heat song about the dog that I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna be a huge part of directing because I know the story in my head and the way to show that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especial if it's about your buddy who you said he was in high school?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: College college. He was my college man.
Speaker 2: No doubt you might know him.
Speaker 6: He played in the NFL for a while, Garrett Garrett was his last name, Reynolds.
Speaker 2: Garrett Reynolds. What do you play?
Speaker 3: He was offensive lineman for the Falcons, Garrett Reynolds. I don't know if I do know him. When did you when?
Speaker 2: When did he? When did he play?
Speaker 5: He was probably nine eighteen somewhere. I mean we overlapped that a.
Speaker 2: Nice little career, ye career here ten right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you able to talk at all about like that story with him and the dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: He uh so, he was just going through a lot of tough stuff. I mean, life's hard in general. Life getting hit in the head all the time is even harder. So he was just going through a bunch of stuff. He visited me about three years ago and just starts talking to me about all the depression and stuff that he was going through. And so I go up to the room. I flip on the light of my I's just kind of like, what oude, why are you here? Like what's going on? More than welcome, but what are you actually here for? He was doing some you know, just therapy and stuff, just getting his head right and getting his.
Speaker 2: Head right emotionally or getting his head right because of all the hitting.
Speaker 3: Both they were looking at both and so he was just in an awful place. I'd never seen him like that in my life. He wasn't the buddy that I grew up. Yeah, And so I said, all right, dude, well I'm here for you however you need it, like, let's go, let's get this ship right. And so he put all the work in. And then fast forward literally two or three years later, a few months ago, he was on my back porch. We were just sitting there having a blast. We're sitting there drinking around the fire, having a blast like we used to back in college. And he comes up with these song ideas every now and then he shoots him to me and he said, I think he said something about it you should do like a dog song about a guy in his truck or something. I was like, oh, yeah, I'll just do a song about a guy and a dog in this country. So we just started, we start going down that road and like I start mumbling this melody that's just an absolute joke and uh. And then I was like, dude, what if we actually did do a real song by a guy and his dog. But make it real, make it personal, make it kind of like our stories and the ups and the downs and how this dog can come and save your life. And while we're doing this, Butters is right on my lap, and Butters like person, it's all excited. And then about three days later I texted him. I just text him, like, dude, I wrote it, and it was it was a time I was doing my time with God in the morning in my breakfast room and I start pull out my guitar and I start picking.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh shit, like it was one I had to buckle down for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, oh my god, I'm gonna be here the next eight hours and I gotta tell the story. Yeah, And so it's called Ben's Eat. It's literally there's gonna be three dogs in it. There's gonna be a puppy mine, which is gonna end up be in mind picking them up May sixteenth. And then there's gonna be a middle aged dog, which is I think it'll be my my guy's dad. And there's gonna be an older dog for the end of the video when that happens.
Speaker 1: So I'm not putting out the tell that end of the video happens that puppy goes positive.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I can only do it. I watched Mary and Me, not even Marley and Me. If you've seen a dog's purpose, dog's purpose.
Speaker 4: And then then and then at the end too, is the dog's purpose when the racing is that the racing one's racing.
Speaker 1: It's like the dog which if the dog dies and comes back as a different dog, and then like saved a cops life and the movie guys.
Speaker 2: Again fucked up.
Speaker 5: I haven't watched a dog's purpose.
Speaker 1: How bad you carted her in that movie. It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I actually did cry, yeah, yeah, the other day. Yeah you think I cry. I probably teared up a little because it hit me enough for me to.
Speaker 3: Want to go write this song called ben c and it's it's it's the best song I've all have ever done.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to pee.
Speaker 3: I don't want people to guess what ye doing the video at the same time as a song, because I wanted to be very clear what happens in this story?
Speaker 2: When does when does the video and song come out?
Speaker 3: Well, now that I got the dog lined up, I'm going to hit up the director and we're going to go through some dates and figure it out. We got to get a female I want to I want a girl who can be emotional.
Speaker 2: She's going to have to be real good. I don't want to model.
Speaker 3: I want somebody who can actually know who they are and be emotional. I'm gonna imagine, imagine like Bradley Cooper and a star is born, fucked up type of guy. Okay, we're gonna go for something like that with me, which is easy for me to do because I've lived that literally exact life.
Speaker 6: So it's like I'll just beat me, but there's gonna be a dog involved and.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 3: So now I'm gonna hit him up and get that dial done because now I got the dogs lined up.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna cry in the video?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna push that either way because I want it to be real. If it happens, I will say you asked that I cried during a Dog's Purpose.
Speaker 5: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't, but during that song I'm sitting there balling my eyes out when I'm writing the song.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it was so real.
Speaker 3: I cried in the work tape when I'm singing it because it was just like, there's there's so much bad shit that could have happened over with my life the last few years, but especially with Guarantee life and other people.
Speaker 5: It's like, man, it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: And that's why kind of why I was crying, because it was just like a, well, shit, I'm glad it didn't.
Speaker 5: Go that way. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: It's definitely one of those things of looking back on life and thinking all the roads that you had a crossroad in the one you took, and then you look back and say, well, what if I would have took that one? That's the ship that like, we'll make it tear up a little bit because it all you could have been a way different story.
Speaker 3: Well, then you think about all the positives and the good stuff that's happened in your life.
Speaker 1: Now, I'd be like, this would have never happened. Never, Yeah, you can't. I can't imagine my life being in the other way.
Speaker 2: But it's like I could have been just like that, yeah, and that wild we make and stuff like that and.
Speaker 5: Down before we start.
Speaker 2: Together.
Speaker 5: I'm excited for this song, this next record.
Speaker 3: I'm doing putting Part three out here in about a month, which is u you know, finalizing the album, and then part two, Part one last year, and I'm doing Part three finishing it up, and it's got four good songs on it, drinking Beer Tongue God being one of those, and then three other ones. And then I'm also got a full album coming out next year that's gonna be like it's gonna be the best music I've ever done.
Speaker 4: Really, really, this is the best shout out free fly apparel, no free shoutouts. Brands send us clothing all the time, and there are not many that I can actually say that I love enough to wear on a consistent basis, or even on the podcast like I'm doing right now.
Speaker 2: I'm a huge fan of this.
Speaker 4: Hat and I'm sure in this ad read I'll get to insert my favorite product. There is one brand that is so ridiculously comfortable and it's become my go to for the past couple of years. And I'll be honest, it's honestly just the past year because they only invite They only started sponsoring us last year. Free Fly makes performance clothing made from buttery soft bamboo, and it literally feels just like that buttery soft bamboo. If you can pretend by laying on bamboo bed sheets, just bamboo butter soft combine them together, that is exactly what this feels like. My favorite shirt. If you go on their website, it's FreeFly apparel dot com. If you go on the site and scroll and find this long sleep tea, it's camouflaged. That is my favorite shirt. It is the most comfortable shirt you can indoor outdoor lounging. Wear it for all of it. The stuff is phenomenal. On top of being super comfortable, free Flies bamboo clothing has upf SU protection, wis away moisture and doesn't hold odor.
Speaker 2: I stand by that.
Speaker 4: I did not know that that shirt blocked the sum protection, but it makes sense. It wakes away moisture. I'm a big sweat guy. I'm a big pit sweat guy, and it works its ass off to battle that pit sweat and like I said, it does not hold odor. You can get twenty percent off when you visit FreeFly apparel dot com slash busting again FreeFly apparel dot com slash Busting.
Speaker 5: Go ahead. I forgot what I was gonna ask now.
Speaker 2: I asked you to ship though that you just I know little there.
Speaker 4: I think I was gonna ask something about is the album that's coming out next year? Is that you said some of your best music, Is that you writing all of it? Is that you teaming up with different people to write it.
Speaker 3: There's three songs so far that I've written by myself with just mean its are And that's what's going back to, yeah, getting together to write. So you're not gonna have a track guy in the room making making the beats and whatever all the sound that you hear while the songs be written.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna have any of that.
Speaker 3: You just it's just you and a guitar, which you can't cover up the lyrics with all the other shit going on.
Speaker 6: When that happens, you have to write good lyrics.
Speaker 3: When that's the case, so that's what I've gone back to, and that's what twenty twenty caused, was me to go back to me just writing with an acoustic guitar and simplifying it and actually telling a good story as opposed to just trying to write a hit. I think there's a lot of hits out there that are fucking terrible, including some of mine.
Speaker 4: Sure, I look back on what's what's the song of yours that you're like, I can't believe that's a hit.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a hit.
Speaker 3: I think the ones that were hits they earned it. I'm just more for me. It's a lot of my other cuts. There's there's a song called Party Up that I put on a record, but I think it's trash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's awful.
Speaker 2: Did you know it was trash when you were singing it? No, I thought thought it was awesome.
Speaker 5: You look back at it when the still I said that to buddies and they're like, what are you talking about? It's great?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, it's not great.
Speaker 5: Might sound cool, but.
Speaker 1: So when you hear the song now you're like kind of like, you listen to it, I know what that's like.
Speaker 5: Let's start playing it.
Speaker 3: There's a good list of songs that are like that for me that I'm like, if you could just take those away, then I'm happy with my career so far.
Speaker 2: But they're there and they'll never go. Can't take those away, man, makes it makes the good ones that much better. That is true.
Speaker 6: That is true.
Speaker 5: They can't all be You.
Speaker 1: Say, some hits though right now, are not it? Though I am some ship, I'm like, this is terrible. I'm not gonna obviously say who's and what.
Speaker 2: You just know a lot of money is behind it, you know what I mean. Well, especially with country music, like kind of joeyel was saying that was interesting. You can just take somebody and say.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put a million dollars into you and you're gonna have the number one song just like that. But it is that way, right, like work it a little bit.
Speaker 2: You had to work the ladder. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then you got a guy like Chris Stapleton who nobody would run into. His career is over and we put out a traveler. He even said like, well, I guess my country career is over. And then all of a sudden he blows up because they give him the opportunity to show how good he is and that was just a small part of it.
Speaker 2: The steel Driver. He was in the steel Drivers before that. Right, That's what's crazy to.
Speaker 4: Me is knowing that he was part of like another band and ship beforehand. I'm like, damn, that is it just alouns how it all happens for people.
Speaker 3: But I think there's a lot of trash that needs to go away, and I for me, that is not my control at Also, all I'm thinking about is how do I how do I not become part of that trash because I want and I'm not knocking country music in general. I'm just saying we I think we need to get a little more real, and for me, I need to get more real because, like I said, I can't control what everybody else does, but I need to get more real because there's stories that need to be told and I'm they need to be told better.
Speaker 2: How do you put yourself in that position? Though?
Speaker 3: Well, I think times a lot of it just growing up in general, Like I was coming off of I'll say it, I was coming off a cruise. Then I had ready set role which is similar sounding, is pop sounding, which is awesome live.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking.
Speaker 5: Anyway yeah a song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was huge.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 6: Where was I going with that?
Speaker 2: You were talking about how do you put yourself in a position to be h oh yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was coming off of those two songs back to back, So all I'm thinking is, shit, how do I keep doing that? Because that's working as opposed to Okay, that worked, But how do I just be great?
Speaker 5: How do I write great songs?
Speaker 3: How to write songs that matter that can actually affect people as opposed to just singing about who the fuck knows what you're singing about. I want songs that matter that you can look back on in thirty years and be like, damn, that song is still good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not to me.
Speaker 3: Creates longevity, and it takes time for you to get to that place in your mind, to grow up a little bit, to be mature enough to realize I don't want to chase what's popular, because that's going to come and go. But if I chase what I know i'm great at and and dial in on that, then I know two things. I know that I want to be the best version of me, and I'm going to sing the best songs.
Speaker 2: That I can sing.
Speaker 3: And I'm not going to be anybody else, which is huge because why would I try to be Chris Stapleton. He's way better than everybody. Yeah, so don't try to chase that is.
Speaker 2: Chris Tables the best in the game. To you right now, he's most talented for sure. Do you think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah? To me, I think Eric Church is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I was going to bring him up as an example of somebody that's done their own thing.
Speaker 1: He's own it seems like he's I think like Chief and Centers like me.
Speaker 2: Those two albums. I don't know if he says an interview or someone that said this to me, but.
Speaker 1: Someone Bob like he was kind of doing what the production company kind of wanted to do, kind of the bad boy outlawing. And then his more recent albums have been more his kind of the way he views it and the way he wants to do, like from learning from a three year old.
Speaker 2: Those types of songs.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's great songs, it's great song ungs, but what are great songs?
Speaker 1: Because you can have the best lyrics in the world, but if it sounds like shit, no one's really gonna buy it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: You can have the best story, but if it, you know, and what is that noise? Because some people might think pop country is bullshit, and then other people think outlaw.
Speaker 2: Country is old.
Speaker 1: And then yet guys like Midland who have like this seventies like they're almost making fun of the seventies and eighties. That's how twenty they can get, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, there's so many ways to skin this cat. How does that cat look for you? Because you say you're not trying to chase what the most popular thing is, but in some ways you can put the realness of your lyrics with the popularity of some beats and stuff like that. Someone We'll do like ready setlet's roll and stuff like that. You can do those to kind of transition yourself into it. What Eric Church has been able to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eric's I think I'm not part of his camper, so I can't fully speak into it, but I think a huge, huge thing for him has been Jay Joyce.
Speaker 6: J Joyce is an unbelievable producer.
Speaker 3: They started this thing together, they built it together, and they're both talented enough to make it great.
Speaker 2: And who else does she work with besides him?
Speaker 5: Jay's a guy.
Speaker 4: Jay Joyce is the producer for Eric Church does. I think he did.
Speaker 3: A little big time for a minute, but he was like Cage the Elephant, yeah, way back in the day.
Speaker 5: Like he was.
Speaker 2: He came from the rock world. No Rest for the Wicked Dude, what a great song.
Speaker 4: You can hear that in Eric's music a little bit. Yeah, But for me, I'm not going to chase that.
Speaker 2: That's that's his thing. What I am gonna.
Speaker 3: Do is I'm gonna write the songs that I want to write, no matter how they sound, but find the key in my voice and then take it into the studio and not just rely on one producer to make everything on a piano. That's what we did a lot with Rey center Roll like christ the Stefano, not knocking him at all, he's one of the most talented humans on the planet, but because he's so good, we got in there on a keyboard and he did the drums on that.
Speaker 5: He did all the electric guitars.
Speaker 3: There's no diversity in the music, and there's no live sound of going into room and being like, damn, I don't know what y'all just did, but you locked yeah, yeah, that's the take, and then building on that.
Speaker 1: I hear you the fuck I had I had a question for you. So when you explain to me, what do you mean by I'm not a part of Eric's camp? Like so obviously in the country world, like you know, you mess with FGL for a little bit and then you guys kind of did your own thing, but they're still like you can go to them and probably make whatever you want whenever you want, and then other.
Speaker 2: Groups do their things.
Speaker 1: Well why not go to Eric's camp and be like, let me bring what I bring to the table along with what Eric's able to do kind of his own thing, and and make that into something special because you with Eric stuff, obviously that's an original thing right there. Yeah, it would be you know, I would love to work with him one absolutely, And is that kind of his choice, that'd be his choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well ahead of the game.
Speaker 3: He's done music probably ten years longer than I have one day. That'd be freaking awesome. Yeah, but I don't. I don't work with his I don't know his manager.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. People are not who I work with.
Speaker 1: And that's just it doesn't seem like he's out in these streets like that either, Like Eric kind of like keeps himself.
Speaker 2: Very big family guy.
Speaker 1: Obviously from the outside looking at it, I don't know the gu I'm just a fan.
Speaker 4: A brand new season is upon us, and it is unlocked the promise of adventures ahead and endless Stoke on the Horizon. Shout Out Icon Pass no free Shoutouts now on sale. You can own all of this, Own the season, own the stories, own this Stoke, with pass options starting at only three ninety nine adult and exclusive spring savings. There's an adventure for every type of rider, whether you're a rocket power shredder, long time on the mountains, a shredding snow and powder whatever you guys call it, or you're brand new to the mountain, which I usually am. Lock in the twenty twenty one twenty twenty two season with up to two hundred dollars and savings on child passes, up to one hundred dollars in renewal discounts, and a new payment plan from as low as zero dollars down and zero percent APR, unlocking access to more than forty unique Icon past destinations. From the second you score your pass and stake your claim to the twenty one twenty two season, you've got an entire season of sweet stuff to look forward to explore all these pass options at iconpass dot com.
Speaker 1: But when you how would that recording process go when you meet with a manager to meet with a producer, Like is it you guys meet up for drinks? Like you if you're trying to meet with this X, Y and Z producer who's like big time and you want to work with them? Would how does that process go for a songwriter or.
Speaker 2: Country music singer or anything.
Speaker 3: For me right now, it's I go in the studio. I had a day with Corey Crowder, who's producing some of my stuff. Now, I typically like to produce the song with who I write it with, if they do tracks at all.
Speaker 4: So like, if I write a song Christ Stefano, we'll go in and we'll meet. But this particular group.
Speaker 3: Of songs, I wrote a couple of them with Corey Crowder, and then a couple of them by myself, took them to him, played him about eight songs, send them to them the night before.
Speaker 2: So all right, dude, let's pick four. Go in the next day we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about the four we're talking about if I were rock and roll, which is one of the songs Sunday Best, which I am actually doing with kolbe Cala. That's gonna be a little bit more pop sounded. Yeah, and she's just unbelievable. Then I've got she's.
Speaker 1: Seen this on Bubbly. Yes, that's a little banger too, particular nose. That's a nice little little banger though.
Speaker 2: But dude, So him and I just talked it over and we picked the songs.
Speaker 6: And then we went in the studio and and like for if I were rock and roll, we were trying to make it sound like radio.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 6: In my head, I just wanted to. I was like, let's let's make this sound like radio.
Speaker 2: And what does it make this sound like radio?
Speaker 3: Like four radio radio sound? So yeah, got be good for radio. It has certain things that they just are gonna play no matter what. Yeah, and there's certain things there's no way and how they're gonna play. I was trying to make this song that is awesome that I wrote on a guitar by myself into a radio song, and it sucked.
Speaker 5: It was so bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I just looked at Corey. I was like, man, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm pissed off right now because I don't know what how to.
Speaker 6: Explain to you what I'm hearing. It doesn't look like we're gonna get this song.
Speaker 2: That did. He feel the same way that the song was trash.
Speaker 3: He thought it was okay, but he didn't he didn't know it could be as great as what it was about to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was because we saw what we did.
Speaker 3: We decided to dial it back, not chase anything, and just be like, y'all just play and just keep vibing, keep keep playing back and forth. U, Let's.
Speaker 2: See what we can come up with. How's that?
Speaker 1: How That's gonna be a frustrating thing when you're frustrated with the song though, Like if you're like, fuck, this isn't sounding like the way I wanted to And if someone's sitting there going hey, hey, just just relax, like, just go and play with it vibefo, fuck, that'd be a hard thing to kind of get out of the c I for now set my ego off and be like, I can't know that this song sucks anymore.
Speaker 2: I feel like, go find a way for it to sound cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I know the song's good, but the way it sounding makes me hate the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But then we dialed it back. Corey was positive about it.
Speaker 3: He did what you just said, like, let's just play with it five minutes and just see what happens.
Speaker 2: And they dialed it in.
Speaker 5: They locked it in.
Speaker 4: Added Choveld got on like a baritone guitar, electric guitar, and he's I think he plays for Jason or McGraw, maybe mcgral, And I was like, yes, whatever he's doing right there, let's face it all around that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get the drums in there.
Speaker 5: We're not going big.
Speaker 3: Drums, We're just brushing right along. And it was by the end of the song, it's like, hell, yes.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, it's I was listening to the last part on the way over here and stuff, and it just seems like like last year at this time, you were talking about how you want to make your best music and you just don't want to settle, and you just seem to have like kind of that focus to kind of hone in and you were speaking earlier too, and I feel like it talks to kind of like having the awareness in the space too, like understanding what you don't like, what you don't want to chase kind of trying to block out certain noise so you can focus on I'm really good at this. And not only did you say I'm good at this, but you were like, and not only be good at that, but I need to figure out how I live and hey, this is the route I'm gonna go, and trying to like put yourself in that space and be like, the magic's gonna come the more I just kind of mess with it. And it seems like a lot of that happened for you in twenty twenty when you're just kind of sitting at home and you got to kind of just actually reflect on shit and kind of just like live in it, and you know, you seem stoked about the music that's to come. But I guess I'll have to say, like I kind of respect the focus. You seem like very focused about it. Yeah, I mean, I just cool.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 3: It's I'm at a place now where I'm not I'm not gonna try to chase something. I'm not gonna try to chase whatever's popular, cool, good for whoever.
Speaker 2: But I just want to make music that I'm I even.
Speaker 3: Want to play where there's a lot of songs where I'm like, I said it last week. We have a we have a guy that's coaching kind of coaching us through our show at this point because I told him last year, I was like, we got to get better.
Speaker 2: Coaching through it in what way?
Speaker 1: Like like he comes to her sets, the kind of songs you're seeing win the transitions, transitions.
Speaker 2: He's big on that.
Speaker 3: He's big on order of songs, and we have an order that we know works we've done shows for eight years, but also open to the fact that, well it works, but it could work better.
Speaker 2: Right the flow of the whole thing. Is there a place for interaction with the fans? Like absolutely? Are you big on that?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I like that, love.
Speaker 2: It, but I don't but I don't want to talk a whole lot.
Speaker 3: I noticed last year we did an acoustic shows and I listened back to the Courdo I'm like, shut the fuck up and sing.
Speaker 2: Oh you were bro. Don't you fucking hate that?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll listen to the fucking pods and I'll listen to how much Tailor and I go back and forth and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we need to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Or I'm like saying something like, what the fuck am I saying right here?
Speaker 5: Let you shut up?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: Watching the film, I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I listened to that and then I uh I told him that during rehearsals last week. I was like, Man, I just want I want it if I say something, if I talk to people, I want it to matter, Like if I'm talking the whole time, eventually, I don't even want to hear myself talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Probably definitely.
Speaker 1: You try to get on McConaughey, where everything is the most enlightening thing you've ever said.
Speaker 2: This thing. Go to the next song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, may I just take a deep breath, have a nice little pause. That always hits him too, like, oh he's about to put a banger on, right, Yeah, look at a guitar and slow and oh yeah, dude, panties started dropping that way one of my songs Ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy, that's what we do with my song Ride. You want panties to drop hit that thing like that.
Speaker 5: It's just girls go nuts over that.
Speaker 1: So we were talking to Riley Green about his d MS, and I'm sure it just gets outrageous.
Speaker 2: You put a couple of songs, dude, he's a good dude. Yeah, he's a boy for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So for my da, I guess the world I used to live in NonStop you can get caught up in that thing.
Speaker 2: For ship that that could be it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gotten completely off it. It's been the night I wrote if I were rock and roll, I got off socials. I sent it to Kaiser, who runs all my socials now and Eddie and I was like, you.
Speaker 2: Kayser Yer like the machine dude, shut out.
Speaker 4: The boy Kaiser he uh, But I told him. I was like, I'm done with the ship man. It was right after the concert stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is I run the ship for Chase. But he sends him a fast selfie. But if you're trying to get with this saw you let me see you guys that game bro, little mustache flinging off that lift, dude, I like that ship dude walking.
Speaker 3: Out there picking up game. I'll say this, like not focusing on that anymore. It's made the music better, for sure. It's a It's a It's an interesting world that we live in, because when have you ever been to a town where you're not only the life of the party in that town that night? Every single girl, for the most part, wants you. Whether they know you or not, Yeah, doesn't matter. They want you, and you can pick whoever you want. That's a fucking dangerous place to be. It's a dangerous dealers.
Speaker 2: I heard this.
Speaker 5: Stage knowing you're just fucking doing it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One of my teammates from college, one of my teams from college, had.
Speaker 1: A buddy who he was at a Drake concert and one of the one of the one of Drake's guys came up to his girlfriend was like, Hey, Drake wants to meet you. And she's like, oh, okay, Like y'all definitely meet him. And then the guy started to come with and they got the security. It's like, no, man, just her and he's like, hey, you better don't go don't don't go in there if you go there.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I don't. I just don't even I'm just gonna say hi, she's there for three hours.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I getting hard on that. You know exactly what happened in that ring.
Speaker 3: I don't know the details, but I know if my girl does that, it's over. She better not even fucking try.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely got it. I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go Hi for five minutes, like, oh, should be right out, don't worry, Like just.
Speaker 4: Sitting there standing in ways they had they were getting picture he.
Speaker 2: Pour one out for him.
Speaker 5: Man, Christ, here's here's that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, he should be. If he's not, I feel bad.
Speaker 4: Man. You're like she's like, oh, they were all taking pictures, like I just had to wait. It just He's like, it's been forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Still there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell hard you want to do a couple of look at a couple of fan questions.
Speaker 2: Episode ninety five.
Speaker 5: Dude, isn't that cral?
Speaker 2: We're about to be in a five weeks to bed one hundred? That's crazy?
Speaker 5: You guys do is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do one a week. Yeah, we did want a week. And we're blowing up. Man. I don't know if you've noticed. We're doing all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, with question with questions like this, what's your favorite steakhouse in Nashville?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 4: I said, yeah, we're blown up with questions like this, what's your favorite steakhouse in Nashville?
Speaker 2: With that one was a bost Hey we need to be there, Hey, we need to start.
Speaker 4: Writing out the so we can kind of like, you know, give the fan love for writing that question, like we asked a question like God, damn.
Speaker 5: I guess he's gonna take my question. Will there ever be a Chase Rice bar on Broadway?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I was, Dude.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that earlier because I just did first of all, No, no, there won't be, not with my name, But I was thinking about earlier.
Speaker 6: I went down to Jason al Dean's earlier for lunch and another deal I was doing, and.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't have the same ring to it in my mind. I guess because it's my name, is your name or Chase Rice bar name ring? I don't know, But like when you you say you're going to FGL House, you're not. You're like, I'm going to f l and I or al Deans You're like, I'm going to al Dean's. Mine has an extra like thing on the it chased Rices.
Speaker 2: Are you going to Chase Rices? Like what is that?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like a sushi spot? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: At home? Yeah? Like a bro a broach? Yeah, you know we see like that half bar half like you guys were vipers.
Speaker 3: We are doing in Cleveland though, we're doing a bar called I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but I'm gonna it's gonna call Walking to the Farm.
Speaker 5: These guys come down from Cleveland.
Speaker 2: They were like, they came to a show, and they were like, man, we really want to use your name for a bar.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I don't want you to use my.
Speaker 6: Name for a bar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And so we started talking about names and I was just like, yeah, you know, when these people coming to my place, I got a big old sign that we're about to put up called walking to the Farm.
Speaker 6: They roll through a twenty Eagles Creek farm and uh.
Speaker 2: The guy was like, what's wrong with that name right there?
Speaker 6: For for your bar?
Speaker 3: He said, why don't we come down to your farm. We'll hang for two days. We'll drink, we'll take pictures, we'll chill, and we'll turn your barn or your farm into a this bar that we're trying to build. It cool in Cleveland. And I think it's just gonna called walking to the Farm. It's called the farm whatever.
Speaker 2: But I like that. I mean, where's the old reds Olred was that that's a Shelton, old Sheltons, But it's not his name.
Speaker 5: What's I respect.
Speaker 2: I like that it's a great song. Everyone knows Old Red.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what you name your dog Tonka, Like, hey, Tnka's.
Speaker 1: Tonka is a nice place, the small otld Tonka toys everywhere, the Tonka.
Speaker 2: I'm about that.
Speaker 5: Who's your favorite songwriter to work with?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, there's a lot of good ones lately where I am right now, Casey Bethard.
Speaker 2: Everybody else you didn't make the cut the.
Speaker 5: Best, but Casey Bethard, Man when you go into a song with him.
Speaker 3: I got a song called get Me Fishing that I haven't written yet fully, and I like, I was on a doc and and uh came up with the idea. Was actually with Brian Kelly from FGL down to his place, and I looked at Brian even I was like, man, I'm gonna write this with K Like, I just have to write this song with him because I know what I want.
Speaker 5: It to be there.
Speaker 2: He was like, fuck, yeah, you should, dude.
Speaker 5: He's in a place where he's actually putting out his own record.
Speaker 4: They're still doing FGL, but he's putting out his own record and it's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: But he's playing me ship. I'm like, damn, Brian.
Speaker 2: Killing it like that.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what's gonna work. I don't know what connects with people from outside of what I do, but I hope it does.
Speaker 4: Is it tough being like like being around a song writ and be like I got to do it so and so like, you know, not with him because him and I always worked together.
Speaker 5: He was always about for me in my career. He was always about.
Speaker 3: What's best for you, man, go do it, which was a cool supportive got to be around. And and I'm the same way with him right now. I'm like, what's going on with FGL is none of my business? I don't know, doesn't matter to me. As long as you guys are cool and Tyler's cool with him doing his own record, Go do it, man, It's absolutely it's if you want to make fucking music, go make music as he should, which I'm supported as the hell is that like?
Speaker 5: Go and I hope it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he says it sounds pretty good. You've heard a couple of songs on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a I mean, he just put out his for his way Back, So it's four songs, Beach Cowboys, the one that's like He's that's.
Speaker 1: A cool title after Beach Cowboys, like the videos solid like that.
Speaker 2: I was like your Miami Vibe last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be playing on beaches all over.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm all about the beach five Beach Cowboys. That's a cool one. Yeah. Those guys are talented. Cawboy Little Sneak Pee go check it out. The talent. They are super talented. Uh. Tyler sent me like he's like spend like nine days and like like ten songs on his bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He just said like I sent him all like holy ship. Like they're like he just popped them off too. That's pretty solid.
Speaker 4: I wrote.
Speaker 2: Yeah with McGraw.
Speaker 3: McGraw and then Chris Locke, who was my who was my electric guitar player. Because of that, Chris Locke can make more on one song than I could pay him for two years on the road.
Speaker 5: So he's like he had a baby too.
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, He's like, man, I'm not sure if I'm coming back or not.
Speaker 6: I'm like, fuck you, Chris. If you do come back, you're stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well good for him.
Speaker 1: Did that Undivided song. Yeah, I remember what he was telling talking about that. I was at a a feeding Nashville and he was like, I think mcgral wants this one. Macgral tyler.
Speaker 5: YEA, let's tell me that girl's awesome. He's done.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: This final ad read is brought to you by Bo's Quiet Comfort earbuds. I am a huge where the headphones at? Can you grab him back there? It's a box back there, Jack, If you and grab them, they're under that Uh they're under that Chevy pillow.
Speaker 5: So right here. I have not opened my new generation. I have the old generation.
Speaker 4: But Bose Quiet Comfort earbuds are the world's most effective noise canceling earbuds.
Speaker 2: I wear my earbuds damn near every day.
Speaker 4: When it's a running day, or conditioning or some long form workout where I need Joe Rogan inspiring me in his little motivational YouTube videos, I go to my Bow's Quiet Comfort earbuds. Bose Quiet Comfort ear buds deliver world class noise canceling, elevating focus. They provide crisp, clear sound wherever you are. They are super comfortable and touch controls that are easy to use. They are great for any phone calls you might need or zoom meetings you might be on. They don't slip out with sweat when you're working out or anything like that. They're very nice and snug and comfortable. Bo's has a ton of sponsored athletes in the draft wearing them, including the Boys like Trevor Lawrence, Justin Field, Zach Wilson, DeVonta Smith, Trey Lance, and Mac Jones.
Speaker 5: If you want to get.
Speaker 4: Yourself a pair of bows like we will have for the draft, or like a ton of first round players, or even like the Boys do, go to bos dot com slash barstool to rule the quiet with your own Bow's quiet comfortable earbuds. Back to finishing off this episode, Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: He was out there at that the Ravens game. He was in the suite right next to me. Guys, got it. How old is he?
Speaker 6: Fifty something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He didn't look anything like he's like, he looks like he's in his forties. Maybe you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had a big phase, though, big phase, like what he was puffed up he was he was, Yeah, but I think it almost like it looks like a healthier looking vibe.
Speaker 2: He was here, real skinny there for a second too. Yeah, yeah he got real skin, real skin.
Speaker 1: I didn't say nothing to him because I just feel like the last thing people, Yeah he's cut up. Him and Kenny Chessing. I feel like I went through the same vibe. I like similar times. Yeah, they're both like that's true. Yeah, they came up together, so no doubt. What else we should be good?
Speaker 5: What time are we at?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man, that's perfect, dude, Thanks for coming on. Man crushed it as always like you got. I'm always afraid these days, like what can you say?
Speaker 2: What can't you say? At the end of the day. Fuck it.
Speaker 1: We're doing We're doing good, but we're not making national news right now, so I think you'd be all right.
Speaker 2: This is a good little little side piece. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And anything that gets like to hardcore, you know, usually anything anything that somebody doesn't want in usually hit us up.
Speaker 2: Because I mean, Portnoy goes after people. Well Poornoy don't. It's it's there's no Yeah. Sex tape come out a week ago and.
Speaker 5: He's like, so what I fuck?
Speaker 2: I fuck I have sex? How crazy is that?
Speaker 5: And dude, the video is.
Speaker 4: Aggressive, Yeah, aggressive, he's like choking the broad and stuff. But he comes out he's he was like pissed that the pin stock was going down. He's like, my stock's going down because of my sex videos, Like, so what I have consensual sex?
Speaker 5: Like, I get a little weird. I've got a little older you guys, but I'm not mad.
Speaker 2: I showed that video of Tailing. I go, hey, what do you think about this? He's got a fucking belt around around it? Belt right now? Figure this ship out.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, no, as long as the ship's consensual, you guys can do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Dude, put candle wax on each other, kid, he can do whatever you wants. Yeah, exactly what you want.
Speaker 4: Go for Yeah, and you gotta know, like getting in a world with Dave too, Like you're just gonna have to know. Hey, whatever whatever happens, it could be. It could be media or any kind of news because he ain't gonna withhold doing anything because he owns his own ship. But all right, man, big shout out to you guys. If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Busting with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review, rate five stars if you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the boys climb the charts. And again, we wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like. If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Busting with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere, go buy our merch You guys know that whole deal. But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys always and forever,