Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Tuesday, Dan and The Dan Ed's Dan Patrick Show. Reggie Miller will join us in about twenty minutes. Phone calls, I'll get to more of those. Make sure you pick up the T shirt while they're available. Hughes, That's Hughes. Hugh's Your Daddy. T shirts available at the dpshows store at Danpatrick dot com. Stat of Today brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Coming up Saturday, the Premier League title race heats up. You can find it on NBC in Peacock, Manchester City against Leeds United and it all kicks off live at twelve thirty Eastern on NBC and Peacock eight.
Speaker 3: Seven to seven to three DP show. Good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock or the NBC Sports Network, thank you, and we say good morning to our radio affiliates as well. Poll question we got a variety of them and pretty interesting results. You want to recap their seat for the first two hours. Yeah, it's a lot of poll questions. Which is more important to you right now? Seventy six percent the audience say getting the call correct rather than having the game move smoothly. And the reason why we bring this up is yesterday the vice president of football with the NFL, Troy Vincent, brought up suggested that maybe you have and kind of an eye in the sky, a judge or a referee who was not at the game, but can I would say interrupt. I'm not interfere, interrupt the game to get a call right if they see something that's happened. And the benefit of replay after a play has happened, that they could come back and they could offer up a differing opinion and therefore they would change the play on the field. But this was suggested. This was brought up by the NFL, not by members of the media. That I found really curious because that sounds like we would like to do this. We want to get the reaction from you, and that's why we're going to bring this up and then talk shows are going to discuss this. Columns will be written about this. But also there was another thing that came up that bothered me, and that is, yeah, they might be okay with the tush push, Why is it now we're okay because the Eagles didn't play that well last year with it. But when they were playing well with it, what was it? Esthetically not pleasing safety concern.
Speaker 3: Not a real football player. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now all of a sudden, we're like, uh, I guess we're going to probably have the tush push next year. Our defense is figuring out how to defend this better. But we got to get rid of it because the Eagles were winning Super bowls. And that's where I didn't think it was fair. They mastered something. Give them credit for mastering it. Okay, might not look good. They tried to lie to us BSS that all their safety issues, well there's not. There was no data on that. And then aesthetically pleasing Okay, it's not. It's like a scrum, it's rugby. I get that, But make up your mind what the reason is why you want it or you don't want it. And it felt like because the Eagles, if the Eagles won the Super Bowl, this would be a topic of concern, but the Eagles didn't. Therefore, oh yeah, I think we're okay with the tush push until we're not. And then Nick Siriani, the Eagles head coach, he was at the combine and you know you're asked questions. First of all, Nick Sirianni shouldn't be talking about player personnel stuff. That should be Howie Roseman the GM. But Nick Siriani, you know, he was trying to shake it off. So he indicated that there was mutual interest between AJ Brown and the team and continuing his career with the Eagles, but neither he nor the GM committed to Brown suiting up for them next season. Sirianni says, yeah, my expectation is he wants to be here, and obviously you want good players like that in your building.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's under contract.
Speaker 2: Didn't he just sign a contract extension the previous year, and now there's a question if he's going to be there or not. And if I'm Nick Sirianni, I don't answer this thing. That's where you say, well, he's under contract. You gotta have great players like him, and we certainly want him back. That's it, or go talk to the GM, not you, although I'm glad he did talk because it now. Do I think Aj Brown will be on another team next year? I do, because I think he wants to be on another team for whatever reasons. But if I'm the head coach and I don't want to. You know, all you need is just a little more morsel here. With all these reporters of the combine, they're like, uh, what are we going to talk about? Kirk Cousins is going to get released in March?
Speaker 3: Okay? Is A J.
Speaker 2: Brown going to be on the team next year? Well, you know we no, no, no, he's under contract.
Speaker 3: That's what you say. Yeah, Paul, going.
Speaker 4: Back to the Tush push, you're right. From twenty to twenty two to twenty twenty four, the Eagles ran the play on third and one and fourth and one numerous times. Numerous times. They were ninety one percent on the play. Last season, they were sixty five percent on the play, including five fall starts on the Eagles. The back half of the season. They tried it fourteen times and hit it seven times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're okay with it Now. I get hypocritical, you know, it just is it. Either you want to get rid of it or you're going to allow it. But you can't keep going back and forth telling me, well, safety concerns, who's getting hurt?
Speaker 3: What's your data on that? Okay? And you could say it's esthetically not pleasing, I'm with you. On it.
Speaker 2: It's still a football play, like it or not old school football, And I think because the Eagles were successful, they wanted to take that out. The Eagles were not successful with it last year, and all of a sudden, it seems like it's okay, it's here to stay for at least another year. What else did you have?
Speaker 3: Seaton?
Speaker 5: Before I interrupted, Oh yeah, let's see what one were we even talking about there? Let's see we had the getting the call correctly obviously? Which is more interesting to you? Floyd Mayweather winning or losing? As eighty two percent of that vote. This was from Marvin Why isn't Shay Gill just Alexander more famous? Forty two percent say people aren't watching? Followed by he plays in Oklahoma City? His name being an issue? Has three point eight percent of the vote. Which would you rather attend? USC has sixty percent of that vote over UCLA. I'm getting some people saying, well, I got into both, so oh okay.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I actually got to pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you'll have those kids who get into every Ivy League school, they have their choice. I think I would go I'd go to Brown only because it's pass or fail, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they give out grades at Brown. I just hope that I would pass.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know, I was going to Harvard or Yale. Brown might be Brown. I think Brown.
Speaker 2: You could maybe have a little bit more fun there, and it's passed fail pretty good with that, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 6: But if you're getting into all the Ivy League schools, you should be too concerned about passing at any.
Speaker 7: Of those schools. Yeah, it means you you would be so incredibly bright. I don't think you have to worry about having to take.
Speaker 3: The easy way out.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just talking about me that if I got into Brown, I wouldn't have gotten into the other place. I couldn't have gotten into any of them at all. It's not one of those you know, sometimes you'll run into the student who go so, yeah, I don't I'm good grades, but my great great test results.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what I did on the SAT or you'll get the AMAN.
Speaker 2: I'm four point three, but I didn't get great numbers on the SATs. I didn't get good grades on either one, good numbers on either one. So it was just where can I get into? Who will take me?
Speaker 3: Guess? Pauling do you.
Speaker 4: Guys, remember the school you didn't get into and wanted to get in. Was there one when you applied in high school?
Speaker 8: Mm?
Speaker 2: Well, I had a dream of playing basketball, so I wanted I could have gotten into all of these small schools that wanted me because I don't think they cared about my grades. But no Air Force Academy. I thought about. I don't know if I could have gotten in. But and then I know my dad would be like, oh, you know, you're not a flyboy, And I'm like what he goes, No, you're not the fly boy.
Speaker 3: Dad. If you been for have you seen the camp campus there? He's your dad was a marine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, I got you, alrighty tough guy.
Speaker 5: There is a I haven't been around the dynamic in a little bit, but uh, when I was younger, a bunch of my friends all went into the military and they would come back and I remember one summer sitting around a uh like picnic table in the backyard and there was a marine, a guy in the Navy, an Air Force guy, and an Army guy. They were all together and all of them were just digging on the Air Force guy. But there was like a pecking order where the Marine was like, Okay, so you guys know, I'm like the alpha dog here right.
Speaker 3: The Army guy.
Speaker 5: I don't know quite if it's that obvious, you know, but even the Navy dude was like, yeah, but at least I'm not in the Air Force. It's crazy. It was crazy how they were all just ripping id. It was so funny though, so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh heis in Oregon.
Speaker 3: Hey, heist which on your mind.
Speaker 9: Writing down to day? And that's hi sometime listener for first time Color six four ten twenty. Why do the Chargers not get more attention? And what is going to be the biggest change for this next year besides the offensive line?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming that you're a Justin Herbert fan, so that's why you're wanting to know, calling in from Oregon about the Chargers. How about you win a playoff game, maybe get to a super Bowl. That'll do it. I've likened them to Arizona basketball potential. You know, off the charts regular season, great talented players, great and you got it all until you get to the postseason. And that's where you make an aim for yourself. And you're in the town with the Rams who just won a Super Bowl, so that impacts, you know, the coverage as well. But you know, people want to buy into something that they feel is real. Like Jacksonville last year, regular season wonderful. What did we say, Well, let's see what happens in the postseason. Now you get a win in the postseason. Okay, now that's a real start there.
Speaker 3: New England.
Speaker 2: People weren't all in on New England, but they got to the super Bowl. And then people still aren't all in on New England. The Chargers, you got to get there. The other teams that we buy into are the ones that you know, it's proof of concept here. That's the important part. A sportsman wants to believe what he's seeing is real, not like I don't know. I remember when you know, Joker had his breakout season and I think Nick Wright said that he'll be the worst MVP in NBA history, And I'm like, got to watch more basketball, Nick, and Nick's as student of the game, and he since realize that Joker is going to be a Hall of Famer. But you want proof of concept there, like that guy's real, I believe in that guy, not well, that guy's unbelievable. And then you don't hear from him, and I think that's why we look at the Chargers and we go, I don't know, you got Harball, Herbert's great, you got some talent, The offensive line was banged up, that defense was really good, but you're still waiting for win that big game. Let's see Tim in Arizona. Hi, Tim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Good morning fellas, Good morning.
Speaker 9: Hey.
Speaker 10: One thing that hasn't been brought up. Well, one daily listener, a long time listener six foot in the morning and five ten at night. So Jack Hughes, agreeing with celebration, threw his helmet into the he stands and it immediately was thrown back out. I want to know, put Polly on it. You got connections for your collectibles guy, how much was that helmet would have been worth?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Darren revel Our, good buddy, who covers that if you actually had his helmet. Yeah, they started throwing everything up in the air. Yeah, Pauline, Yeah, Darren.
Speaker 4: Ravel of collect He already responded to this. He says, if Jack Hughes auctioned off or someone auctioned off his helmet, immediately he has to make three hundred and fifty thousand dollars. He thinks the jersey could go for easily over a million and upwards a two million if we were sold while the story was hot.
Speaker 3: Dang, okay, guest Ton, is there.
Speaker 6: An Olympic museum of some sort that has all these kind of things that have happened over the years.
Speaker 7: I know a lot of things are metals, and people keep their medals.
Speaker 6: But I was just wondering if the anyone want to have donated to a special place where people can look at these things over the years.
Speaker 2: When we went to the Fountain Blue Hotel in Vegas, they had a lot of Olympic stuff there that Tom Brady and Jim Gray with the Hall of Champions, they collected a lot of this that, you know, it was loaned to them and you got to see a lot of different Olympic items there. But that's the only place that I've been that has certain collectibles. But I don't know if you know, is there an Olympic Hall of Fame in the United States.
Speaker 4: There's a US Olympic and Paralympic Museum in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let me take a break. Reggie Miller said, to join us next here Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Hey is Cabino and Rip from Fox Sports Radio Now, in addition to hearing us live weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern and two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, We're excited to announ a brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 3: Yup, that's right.
Speaker 11: You can now watch Covino and Rich live on YouTube every day. All you gotta do search Coveno and Rich FSR on YouTube again. Go to YouTube search Covino and Rich FSR. Check us out on YouTube, subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon, comment.
Speaker 2: Away proud grad of U c l A because he couldn't get into USC Reggie Miller back on the show, how hard did USC recruit you? I can't hear I can't hear you. I can't hear the fight song?
Speaker 10: Oh you?
Speaker 12: Oh I can't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. We couldn't hear the fight song you.
Speaker 13: We're gonna have some fighting words between you. I love the Patriots. I love the family, all the girls. I treat them like family. And I'm gonna be I'm gonna say this because I have a little bit of true Ojian.
Speaker 12: Blood blowing through me a little bit. But there is it is night and day between the two schools.
Speaker 13: Okay, it's much harder, much harder to get into the state school than it is to pay someone underneath the table. Pay someone underneath the table. You can pay your way into USC. You're not paying your way into UCLA, my friends.
Speaker 3: But that's where people wanted to get into us. She so badly. They were willing to pay.
Speaker 12: They just wanted to go to the party.
Speaker 13: Is a party school, San Diego State USC.
Speaker 12: You see Santa Barbara.
Speaker 13: Those are party schools, Arizona State, party school.
Speaker 3: How hard did us? She recruit you?
Speaker 13: Pretty hard. Stan Morrison was the coach. But I knew I was never gonna go there. I wanted to go to the school. Ucla had the pedigree as growing up you wanted to be a bruin, you wanted to play, be part of the Wooden tradition. So I knew I was gonna go to I wanted to go to UCLA. I was their last choice. They wanted Reggie Williams Georgetown, Antoine Juba Michigan and Tom Sheehy I.
Speaker 12: Believe ended up going to Virginia.
Speaker 13: Those were the three small fours that UCLA wanted. They all went elsewhere and I was their first, their fourth choice. So I was the last minute recruit and ended up going to u C.
Speaker 9: L A.
Speaker 13: But if it wasn't in UCLA, I probably would have ended up either at Arizona State.
Speaker 12: Or cal State Fullerton. Those those were really the only options for me.
Speaker 13: I held I held out hope UCLA came and the rest is history.
Speaker 2: Wait, Antoine Jobert wasn't a power or wasn't a small forward?
Speaker 12: He was?
Speaker 3: He was a point guard.
Speaker 12: Six floor he Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, isn't he one of the top assist guys in the history of the Big Ten?
Speaker 12: I don't think so, is he?
Speaker 3: I thought he was a big assist guy. Didn't know.
Speaker 2: Didn't he look like he was a small forward? Didn't he look like prince like his hair?
Speaker 3: Yeah he did?
Speaker 12: Yeah he did?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Antoine Jobert at Last Night. This was a clue on Jeopardy.
Speaker 9: SGA.
Speaker 2: This guy won the twenty twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 4: Five NBA MVP Award to go along with the scoring title and NBA Championship.
Speaker 2: Someone got it right, right, Why isn't SGA famous?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 13: Probably because of a market he plays in. He's in a small market. But come on, now, that's a little baffling because he is an NBA champ and he is our MVP raigning MVP.
Speaker 12: So I'm a little miffed that they wouldn't get that. But again, it's the market he plays in. Yeah, it's the market.
Speaker 13: I think this year, if it ends up being Kay Cunningham and it's that same question, I bet you people wouldn't get Kay Cunningham.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 12: Bigger though, it's a bigger market than OKAC Detroit is.
Speaker 2: And then a lot of this is still how you play the game, the style, like what makes you unique. You don't have to be the best player in the game for people to know who you are. And really, in any sport, you know, we were looking for what is different about you know that guy, you know, Steph Curry is always going to stand out. He's not the best player in the sport, but people know who he is. Well, how many people do you think in the NBA that people know who necessarily aren't NBA fans.
Speaker 12: My household names yeah, I would say.
Speaker 3: So you have Lebron's Steph Katie.
Speaker 12: I think people know Kevin Durant, Luca. I think they know.
Speaker 13: I think they're starting to know Victor wmbin Yama just because at seven four that's a different look for people. I think a lot of people know Jalen Brunson because of the market he plays for for New York, and then after.
Speaker 2: That, I mean, yeah, I know, and it's and it's tricky. Although I could say that about baseball. I could say how many players are household names? And it might be Otawni, it's going to be Aaron Judge, but not anymoremore. Yeah, but how many guys are household names in baseball?
Speaker 12: Not many?
Speaker 13: I think I think more in basketball because you could see the guys. You can make it the case in football too, which is even worse because they're covered up.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 13: I think we know the handful of quarterbacks. But if a if a George Pickens.
Speaker 12: Or uh if even Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 13: If Jalen Hurks walks into a room, well people really know who he is, not really and he's a Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What was your favorite part of the All Star Game?
Speaker 12: I love the competitive drive that the guy has brought.
Speaker 13: You know, when I was up there with the commissioner when we were giving out the trophy for the young guns, I believe it was the stars that ended up or yeah, the stars that ended up winning it.
Speaker 12: Uh chat Holkgirl was like, did we play hard enough? Ritche?
Speaker 13: Did we play hard enough? I was like, absolutely, you guys played hard and brought it. And it was surprising that like he said that to me, did we play hard enough?
Speaker 12: And I loved the competitive spirit.
Speaker 13: Now that last game wasn't great, but I thought the old timers left everything out there in that third game to get him there. Kawhi Leonard went absolutely crazy. But I love the competitive spirit and I think we'll get the same thing next year if they keep the same format. Because you gotta remember, Johannis didn't play and he would have played the way Victor set the tone.
Speaker 12: Yiannis would have done that, and I believe sj would have done that. Both were hurt.
Speaker 13: So if they keep this same format and those guys make it and they're not hurt, remember the world went over two and they should have won game one. But that unbelievable shot of the buzzer so I love the competitive atmosphere. That was the best thing about it. Saturday night was great. The three point competition was fantastic to me. I've been telling you this for what eight nine years? That is the best event always on Saturday because it's so easy to follow make miss moneyball rack where you're getting them from, and the fans can follow along.
Speaker 3: Do you think Devin Booker missed those on purpose?
Speaker 12: No? Are you kidding? Why would he missing him.
Speaker 3: On purpose to give Dame you know a chance to win?
Speaker 13: But I loved, I love I was praying for his demise. Oh I'm going to be using that. That is going to be my my mantra. Someone crosses me, I'm praying for your demise. Oh that is cold blooded. No, he did not miss those on purpose, and that's what made it so thrilling is he had his money rack.
Speaker 12: This wasn't just a normal rack.
Speaker 13: He put the money rack as the last rack for him, and usually you make three out of five in your money rack. He only made one of five. So no, he was not trying to give it to Day.
Speaker 3: Who would you rather shoot like Dame or Booker?
Speaker 12: Both? I think both have a beautiful stroke, beautiful follow through.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw Con Knipple in there.
Speaker 13: Did you see the way Con started the continent at twenty seven as a rookie, not afraid of the big stage and not afraid of the lineup that was to follow him.
Speaker 12: He set the stage. It's just that these other guys.
Speaker 13: I mean, I pray, I pray, and you know, Stephan has come out and said, I'm going to be a part of it. Dame will be a part of it. I want Carl Anthony Towns back in it. On no because oh I know Booker. I want this should be a Tournament of Champions next year.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Reggie Miller the Hall of Famer, U c l A grad and of course Coast to Coast Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Did you graduate?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Fritzy said you didn't.
Speaker 7: That's cold.
Speaker 12: Don't know, Fritzi. He's trying to come between us.
Speaker 2: Fritzy, let's catch the Nixon Caves NBC and Peacock NBCSN with Noah Eagle. You were there with the Celtics and the Lakers. What's going on with the Lakers?
Speaker 13: I think defensively it will always be an issue with them going forward. I know what they're going to do offensively. But I'm going to give more credit to Boston in that particular game because how they started the game defensively is how you want the Lakers to play, getting after you, and they just don't have the personnel to play that way. I think Jayalen Brown set the tone guarding Luca along with Baylor Shireman.
Speaker 12: That was his main job. Pick him up full.
Speaker 13: Court, turn them, work them, and they got into them defensively. And until the Lakers find an identity defensively, they'll find, you know, they'll be able to score with whatever team become playoff time, They're gonna have to find a defensive identity.
Speaker 3: Luca cries too much?
Speaker 12: Do you want me to comment on that? You know that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean does it work?
Speaker 13: Reg And this is coming from a crier, No, this is coming from a crier.
Speaker 3: No, you're in oc You're an original crier.
Speaker 12: Right, And it doesn't work.
Speaker 13: And I made it a point, especially come playoff time, you can't talk to the refs. You can't get into a battle with them because when every possession matters and you're trying to conserve energy, wants the playoffs hit because the emotions are so high, you cannot. You got to pick yours of where to expend energy. And if you are always on the referees case and complaining. You know, we highlighted it in the game when you know he felt that there was a foul, he stayed on the ground.
Speaker 12: It was a five on four.
Speaker 13: Opportunity and it was a three point. You just you can't do it. You'll never win that battle.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Celtics, they play hard, they really do. And I think Jalen Brown deserves a lot more attention that he's getting because he's always been in Tatum's shadow and Tatum might be coming back here soon, and if they're able to work him in the lineup, a lineup that has really contributed off the bench, Pritchard's been wonderful. You know, they're the team to beat in the East in my opinion, if Tatum is able to come back and be anywhere near what he was.
Speaker 13: Listen to me, Theodore, because you're right on everything you just said. But I'm going to say this, with or without Tatum, even if Tatum doesn't come back, the Celtics are the scariest team in the Eastern Conference. And the reason being is there's no expectations because people thought this was going to be a gap year about Tatum and the way that Jalen Brown his name certainly should be in the MVP discussion, along with Kate Cunningham. Those two I know Sga and I know Jokic. I give both of them all their flowers. But what Kate has done in Detroit, and especially what Brown has done with the Celtics, with or without Tatum coming back, the Celtics are a real threat to win the Eastern Conference because they're well coached by coach Missoula.
Speaker 12: They're deep, they can play a number of ways.
Speaker 13: They can play big small, and I think they pickup of the Vusevich down low. He can play with us back to the basket. He can knock down threes. They play a certain way. They're going to jack up a lot of threes. Most of their shots come from of sixteen feet out or further, and they get after you defensively. I'm just telling people, I know they're high on the Knicks and they're high on Detroit, and rightfully so, I give that. And Cleveland's on their way up as well. The people pay attention to Boston and to your point, if yeh Tatum does come back, I think it'll be a seamless transition because he's been over there all season long and he.
Speaker 12: Doesn't want to disrupt anything.
Speaker 13: I think he will come in and play and people are like, oh, he's going to disrupt rhythm and he's going to.
Speaker 12: Throw it off.
Speaker 13: I would much rather have an all NBA guy play twenty minutes than not at all. So if he does come back and this is his decision only, I think it's only going to help Boston.
Speaker 2: How nervous were you interviewing well, President Barack Obama the night before?
Speaker 13: I practiced in the mirror my cadence of questions that I didn't want to flub. But once I got there and the lights hit me, it was showtime. I was honored to have a chance to, you know, interview him and talk hoops. I loved the little dig about his his bulls beating my beloved Pacers, but I had to remind him, Look, he's gonna talk about the push off?
Speaker 12: Was it a push off in Utah and Brian Russell? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 13: And he said no, so was it a push off against MJ. But I was honored to have a chance to interview.
Speaker 3: The former President, how do we get rid of tanking?
Speaker 12: Is there a real solution?
Speaker 13: I mean, I hear all this have the worst, you know, fourteen teams playing.
Speaker 12: It just happen. Whatever happened, just to pride.
Speaker 13: And I know this is a generational type draft that we have coming up with anywhere upwards of ten to twelve players that could change your franchise. I don't I don't have an answer, Theodore, because what what some of these.
Speaker 12: Teams are doing, It's it's mind boggling.
Speaker 2: But but if I look at the Spurs and Pistons three years ago, and Okay.
Speaker 12: They did exactly what these teams are doing. Yes, it's changed, so it does.
Speaker 3: It does work.
Speaker 2: But what if I said everybody's got the same odds in the lottery that.
Speaker 12: Would change things? Then you wouldn't have it. Yeah, you wouldn't have it.
Speaker 13: I mean, why should a team like you. I could understand Indiana a little bit because of what happened to Halibert. It is a gap year for them, and when you lose your best player. But the things I saw what Utah was doing before Jaron Jackson had his surgery, not playing in fourth quarters him and market In.
Speaker 12: I mean, come on, man, come on, it's just it's bad.
Speaker 13: It's bad for the game and the basketball gods never they never reward you when you mess, when you mess with them, it just doesn't work out that way.
Speaker 2: He's here to fix tanking or the dunking contest.
Speaker 13: The dunky would be easy if we just got name guys to do it. I mean, that's an easy fix. Guys's got to be willing to do it, which they won't. And I hope this happens. And I know we're trying. And when I say we meaning NBC, we're trying to get a one on one competition for All Star next next year. If they won't do the dunk contest because they don't want to mess with their brand. You really think they want to play one on one in a packed auditorium with the potential of getting embarrassed one on one, but they won't do a dunk contest.
Speaker 12: No, no, no, I.
Speaker 3: Hope it's I hope if we brought.
Speaker 12: I would much.
Speaker 13: I would pay money to watch Sga versus Aunt. I would pay money to watch Windy versus Jannis.
Speaker 12: I would pay.
Speaker 2: But we're not getting that. We're not going to get that. Why not because the brands. Everybody's so nervous about that.
Speaker 12: What happened to old fashioned competition? What happened Ridge?
Speaker 2: We're old, We're all. I would go on the floor right now for a loose ball.
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 12: They do they do that.
Speaker 3: I would need help.
Speaker 2: Getting back up, but I'd go on the floor after that loose ball, I'd be gritty gun. They would wheel the Paul Piers, the Paul Piers wheelchair. All right, we'll have fun there with the Nix. In Cleveland, don't they play once a week? It's like, okay, see in San Antonio, don't they play once a week? This is the This is the final, the final one, seven thirty Eastern, A double dip on Peacock and NBC Sports Network. Thank you, reg, I appreciate your Theodore. Go come on, go Rulers, Pride of UCLA. We'll take a break. Last call for phone calls after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls what we learn Once in store tomorrow, go to Danpatrick dot com. You can order your t shirt hughes your daddy and it's our tribute to the US Honckey Team.
Speaker 3: Yes, John, can I just.
Speaker 7: Share an emotional moment with you?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 7: We just shared.
Speaker 6: Kareem ub Jul Jabbar was in studio and blocked my hook shot. And my dad, who passed away back in ninety one, his birthday was just a couple of days ago, and one of his all time favorite player was Kareem and on the basketball courts in Brighton Beach. My dad was known for his hook shot. He can hit it from like anywhere, and like he played kids a lot younger than him and they couldn't believe his hook shots. Just got me a little emotional seeing Kareem block my hooksh hat in our old studio.
Speaker 7: So I just wanted to share that. Thank you to Okay, thank you for letting me have.
Speaker 4: That moment, all right, Paul, staying on theme, Dan This day in sports History nineteen eighty seven, Kareem Adul Jabbar the Lakers hit his first three pointer of his NBA career.
Speaker 3: He didn't have too many, No, he did not, he had I got him with one for eighteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's hitting his stride, but.
Speaker 3: He got one. Uh what else this day in sports history?
Speaker 4: A couple more lou Garrig did a screen test for the role of Tarzan in nineteen thirty seventy.
Speaker 7: He did not get the part.
Speaker 4: Wayne Gretzky in nineteen eighty first player in NHL history to score one hundred points in a season before the age of twenty Dan Wait.
Speaker 3: Was it Johnny Weissmueler who got the role instead of lou garreg.
Speaker 4: Olympic athlete Johnny Weis Mueller Okay, nice poll and Olympic also Olympics nineteen eighty Lake Placid US hockey team to face Finland four to two to win the gold medal.
Speaker 2: This is one that I had never heard of, and it happened in nineteen seventy eight. The lawyer's Clifford Ray reaches into the mouth of a dolphin called mister Spock and removes a steel screw that had fallen into the tank and had been swallowed by the dolphin. I had, I mean, maybe out of pet detective, but not Clifford Ray. And they said his arms were three feet nine inches long, and he reached in to mister Spock at the Marine World and removed a steel screw that had fallen into the tank and been swallowed by the dolphin. Yes, Pauline, he was just walking in San Francisco when a car pulled up and as a warrior's official said come with us, we're going over to Marine World. We need your help. And he was pulled out the street because he had long arms.
Speaker 7: Yes, jud So I guess you don't screw with Clifford Red alrighty.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Final results of the pole question.
Speaker 7: Really didn't got anything for that.
Speaker 2: I just see the wind up in the pitch and I didn't live up to that. You know, maybe I'm not fair to you because I've I have higher I have high standards for you.
Speaker 7: You're on ignore me, standby, Let's go to Frank and Pegetsie.
Speaker 12: Satan.
Speaker 3: Final results of the pole question.
Speaker 5: Sixty percent of the audience would rather attend USC over UCLA. Shay Gilless, Alexander isn't more famous because people just aren't watching it. That's very little to do with his name. According to this, people are more interested in seeing Floyd Mayweather lose than win, to the tune of eighty two percent would rather see him do that, and it's more important getting the call correct than keeping the game moving smoothly. That's at seventy seven percent. Jamie and New Orleans. Good morning, Jamie.
Speaker 3: What can I do for you?
Speaker 8: I can mind and a long time listener. I hate to bring the mood down, but just recently became a member of the d d C. And uh, I wanted to show my appreciation to you guys for helping me get through this tough time. And just listen to you guys. You know you'll make me laugh. Been with you since you were with Dibbs, and I really appreciate everything that you guys do. And uh, we're gonna make it all.
Speaker 3: Right, Jamie. Yah See, I was just curious, Jamie, which chapter of the d d C he joined? Is it Dead Dad, Divorce Dad, Dead Dog, Dead Bad Club, Dead Dad?
Speaker 2: Okay Dad for clar Okay, yeah we have we have a couple of d dcs. Yeah, make sure we put him in the right category.
Speaker 3: Divorced Dad Club, Dead Dog Club, Dead Dad Club.
Speaker 2: And then I think we had one listener, dead Dad and Divorced Dad and Dead Dog.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yes we did. We had a T shirt for that triple three D, the trifecta three D. Yeah, every d yeah, dog.
Speaker 7: Divorced, and nobody wants that hat trick.
Speaker 2: No, they don't, Todd, thank you, nobody. Nobody wants that.
Speaker 7: Like he wants that pass back if he throws an interception.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh it drives me crazy when an analyst says, well, you'd like to have that one back, Not if he's trying to fix the game and he's thrown it to them. Monica and Raleigh, Hi Monica, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Hi guys, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 7: And the interest of being to think.
Speaker 10: I know the poll question of the day is already wrapped up of U c l A versus USC, but I wanted to throw.
Speaker 3: Another one in the mix.
Speaker 10: Don't overlook the athletic prowess of pepper Dye and.
Speaker 9: What a gorgeous campus it is to go visit. I got accepted their amazing place, amazing school.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it gets into that mix of do you want party school or education?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know my son got into pepper Dye and UH just decided not to go. But it is right out of a movie set where you go, wait, you go to college here? I remember playing hoops there. It's like, man, I think I could go here for five or six years. Yeah, all right, let's go around the room see if we learned anything. Todd, did you learn anything today?
Speaker 7: I learned a lot of things.
Speaker 6: Reggie Miller, who admittedly cried to reps himself, says it doesn't work. Lucas should pick his spots when complaining to officials.
Speaker 3: Satan, do you learn anything today?
Speaker 5: I think I learned Reggie Miller was going to go to Arizona State if it wasn't UCLA, Yeah, or count state folder.
Speaker 7: Marvin Kareem got fritzy emotional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, came out of note.
Speaker 7: What did I just got? He was looking up and that kind of hit me.
Speaker 3: Uh, Paulie.
Speaker 4: Former NBA player Clifford Race saved a dolphin and he's still with us. Clifford Ray and the dolphin. I don't know about Todd.
Speaker 3: What did I learn?
Speaker 7: We wink at it with mlb umps, but no one's ever said it's part of the charm of the game. When an NFL official gets a call.
Speaker 2: Round mottest rookie's biggest superstars, the old time greats. One place to collect them all pen any trading cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show, Instant Classics, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts in more. Start a continued collection now at Paniniamerica dot net. Thanks for the phone calls, emails, tweets, the all around support. We'll try to do better tomorrow Until then,