Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Elijah is on the phone today for our first Day follow up, and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Isabelle. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Elijah, how long has it been since you heard from Isabelle?
Speaker 3: Oh, let's see, it's been It's been like a week. So I've obviously been ghosted.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe she was busy.
Speaker 5: Let's just kind of flush it out a little bit before we jump to conclusions.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, So have you been trying to hit her up? How is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Of course, okay, text I even texted her yesterday. I had nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, let's talk about the date then. How was that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: The day was amazing, Like ah, I took her to this really nice Italian place.
Speaker 3: You know, whether the waiters pretend to be your friend.
Speaker 6: So nice, they had the candles, it was romantic, it was fun.
Speaker 3: We had a really good conversation.
Speaker 6: We were laughing about our bad dating experiences.
Speaker 3: The energy was just amazing.
Speaker 4: So did you feel like she was as into it as you were?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, yes, she just made it so easy, like effortless, and she was like into me, and then she was like challenging me, and I was like, oh, I loved it.
Speaker 4: Like challenging. It is like a fight outside.
Speaker 3: A fight like that. But I'd be down.
Speaker 4: Okay now I know.
Speaker 2: Now, of course, of course, But why do you think you're getting ghosted a dude?
Speaker 3: I honestly, I think I know. It's it's just all a thing that I did.
Speaker 4: Did you say all of the things that you did?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: She told me she hated all of us, and I was I was trying to be funny and creative, and I put all of them the fork and I fed it to her and she looked absolutely mortified.
Speaker 5: Well, if she hates something, she didn't, were you just trying to stuff it down her throat?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought she would like change her mind and try a different thing. I love alive, So I was like, how could so? I don't know what I was doing.
Speaker 6: She said here, yeah pretty much.
Speaker 5: Okay, So how did you recover after the olive stuffing?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, I don't think I recovered.
Speaker 2: Did the mood after the day after the olive incident change?
Speaker 6: I thought I recovered, But now like if she ghosted me, and.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be it.
Speaker 4: Man, Well, how did the date end?
Speaker 8: I mean the date ended with con I mean we kissed, but that was I don't look, it was like we're having good vibes.
Speaker 6: The olive thing happened, the all of thing passed. I thought we left on good terms. But I'm really really analyzing.
Speaker 3: This, like this has gotta be it.
Speaker 4: What did What was the last thing she said to you?
Speaker 3: Let me think she. I was like, so we should do this again, Ryan, and she was.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: She was either just yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Obviously she hasn't texted you at all or gotten back to any of your nothing.
Speaker 3: No, completely ghosted.
Speaker 6: And I was trying to be funny, like with my last text, I was like, on a new Alive pizza place, and.
Speaker 4: That is funny. That's funny.
Speaker 3: She didn't text.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song, come back and then call her and see if chattels why she's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date if you still want one. Okay, cool, okay, play a song, Come back and get your first day follow.
Speaker 1: Up Next first date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Elijah is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Isabelle. So we're about to call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him. But first, Elijah, why don't you recap your date for us real quick?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: We had a really good date. Our energy was amazing. We're being fun, being playful. I took her to this amazing Italian restaurant and then to olive incident. She told me she hates olives, but I was being fun and playful and I fed her.
Speaker 3: And olive and she looked mortified. And I can't. I don't think I ever recovered.
Speaker 5: I just don't picture you feeding it. I picture you stuffing ol.
Speaker 4: Believe you know?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Let's do it? All right?
Speaker 4: Here we go. Hello, Hi, I'm aspeaking to Isabelle.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: This Isabelle.
Speaker 2: Hey isabel how are you? My name is Jebel I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 4: Hi Isabelle. I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria. How are you doing?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: What is this? Have you ever listened to this show before? I?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just one of those like radio like I don't know, like awkward, I don't know.
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 2: The radio press right? The radio part is right. We do a segment on the show called the First Date follow Up. That's where if you go out on a date with someone and then you ghost them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we got an email about you from somebody that you've been on a date with.
Speaker 7: Wait, people really do this? Okay, yes I do.
Speaker 4: Do you know who would email us about you?
Speaker 7: It's Elijah, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Elijah emailed us. We talked to him a little bit about your date, and he told us that he really liked you, thought you guys hit it off. He did say that he knows that trying to shoven all of down your throat was probably not the best move, but he's wondering if that's the reason you're ghosting him.
Speaker 7: I just I don't trust him.
Speaker 4: Okay because of the Olive No, it's like, I.
Speaker 9: Mean, yes, but it's like I don't know, It's like the man's like too smooth.
Speaker 3: How so wait, what being charming as a crime?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 7: Is that Elijah?
Speaker 3: Is that you?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Elijah. He's actually on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, it's not just that, it's like, okay, so the waiter asked if he'd been there before, and he's like, oh, yeah, I love this place, and five minutes later he tells me he's never been you know.
Speaker 6: Oh, come on, I was just trying to cool, but like I was a I was panicked.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then you said you speak a little Italian, and then you proceeded to butcher the only sentence you attempted.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been trying on dual lingo, so I know.
Speaker 4: So maybe he's trying is not good at it.
Speaker 9: And then let's not forget the olive incident, which apparently you've talked about.
Speaker 3: I knew it. I knew it. I was come on, you got to admit I was trying to be cute.
Speaker 7: You were trying to be forceful.
Speaker 9: I said I didn't like olive, and then you went full like, oh, trust me, you'll like it, and I did not.
Speaker 4: So were you lying during the day, Elijah.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't lying.
Speaker 6: Yes, if I had been there, I mean, I've been around the area, I just haven't been there to stay, and I've been practicing my my dual linger, so I know a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: Come on. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: So the later asked if I had been there, and you know, I've been around the road, I haven't actually been inside, so I kind of bit there.
Speaker 7: Why would you even lie about that? It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to have conversation with the waiter.
Speaker 7: You lied conversation.
Speaker 4: I mean I kind of get it, though.
Speaker 3: I was being fun and playful.
Speaker 7: You know, come on, it wasn't funny to me or playful. It just makes you seem fake.
Speaker 9: I don't know it's fun and playful to say you haven't been there before. You don't have to lie to have a conversation. It just makes you feel phony.
Speaker 3: To me. I don't.
Speaker 7: It's like, okay, well, what else is he lying about?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was just trying to let my troops here jeez.
Speaker 7: No, that's an opposite you're doing.
Speaker 3: I mean I've been around there, so I've kind of been there.
Speaker 5: Okay, So other than that, Isabelle, Is that really the one hold up for you? Is that really why you don't want to see Elijah again?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't do well with fast talkers who ever commit.
Speaker 3: Sorry, wow, there ouch, I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's just like, how do I know you're not lying about like I'm I'm like thinking back to the day and I'm like, wait, did you actually go backpacking in the Sierra?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Did you actually like run a food truck with your brother? I like don't know what's real?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean me and my brother, honestly, we've talked about a food truck.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: That a lot of food truck. So it's basically.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, all right, wild Well, would you like to go with Elijah again?
Speaker 4: We'll pay for it?
Speaker 3: No, what come on, give me one more chance?
Speaker 7: How are you this delusional? I like don't understand.
Speaker 3: Seriously, is this all just because of the olive?
Speaker 7: No, it's because you're a liar.
Speaker 3: I'm not a liar.
Speaker 1: You Wile's first date Fall powered by the Advocates Injury Attorney online at advocates law dot com.