Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Master longer Tim Stanevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move in the house Bloomberg News Equities reporter Bailey Lipshalt and Carnival Man. What a swing today?
Speaker 4: Rough go for Carnival ticker CCL was down at one point almost six percent, closed down about four percent horse day since June. This comes after the company gave a trailing expectations in terms of guidance for the fourth quarter and talking about the cost headwinds they're facing. In twenty twenty six, we saw Peer's Norwegian cruise to Grand chl NCLH excuse me, and Royal Caribbean ticker RCL under pressure. This comes, really, guys, in a backdrop where we've been talking so much about the strength of the consumer A few investors had pointed to while at least the older people maybe who take cruise lines want to still show up, but it does seem like this is now starting to have an impact on the bookings, at least for this quarter.
Speaker 1: Well We spoke to Josh Weinstein on Bloomberg BusinessWeek Daily. He was very optimistic. Check out the interview on our podcast Speed. He said, the trajectory is good, the consumer is strong, and he pointed to bookings for twenty twenty six Bailey and he was like, look, and they said this on their call too. Half of what we are offering for twenty twenty six across our brands, that's already booked up. They always point to the value that these cruises offer. I mean, he has Carnival Cruise up to you know, the super super and yeah, the super high end, premium, ultra luxury.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they kind of run every gamut of the American consumer, global consumer.
Speaker 3: Sound like the spin across the board. Now, bookings right can be canceled, they can be postponed and so on and so forth, but nonetheless continue to hear optimism. We had some optimism when it came to a really big LBO today.
Speaker 4: We did EA Electronic Arts sticker, EA closing up on the day four and a half percent when you go back to U using a two day move up more than twenty percent. This coming after a deal to be acquired in the largest leverage buyout on record two group of investors that includes a firm managed by a President Donald Trump's son in law, Jered Kushner, and Saudi Arabia Sovereign Wealth Fund guys fifty five billion dollars for a video game maker and electronic arts most well known at least when I went to high school for what used to be FIFA but now has been rebranded.
Speaker 3: Are you not playing anymore?
Speaker 2: I got old?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I graduated, I stopped playing videos.
Speaker 2: You old.
Speaker 3: Very funny.
Speaker 4: But there's another signal though, of the deal boom under Donald Trump and being back in the White House. So we did see that again up when you include the news that really broke late Friday, up about twenty percent that stopped closing on the day at two hundred and two dollars. Was trading back in January after a Snapfoo with a game rollout just around one seventeen, so a big rally if you bought earlier in the year.
Speaker 1: Cherl's a big Battlefield fan. She's like buying all the virtual outfits and stuff. Yeah, whenever I walked by the desk, she's got her console gear.
Speaker 3: That's me totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good Wi Fi and building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You got capitalized. She hard, She's like.
Speaker 3: Serious, all right, So officially unofficial start to the next earning season. Jeffries a read on the financials after the close.
Speaker 4: The early reporter Jeffrey stick Er JEF beating expectations broadly. I mean, it's not a closely followed stock. It's not really necessarily that big of a company. It's only about fourteen billion dollars in market caps, so relative to I don't know called Goldman Sacks, which is two hundred and fifty three billion dollars. A small boutique player, but pretty solid results of beating expectational capital markets. They've been closely watched among other banks as it relates to IPOs and other share sales. Really not a bad print down one point seven percent, But to your point, Carol, the big boys will start October fourteenth is when we're going to get the cities. The Goldman Sacks the real read on some of those larger, more established Wall Street Wall Street firms, But nonetheless a solid move, or at least a solid print, albeit with a modest move lower and late late trading for Jeffries, do.
Speaker 3: You consider one point seven modest that's small.
Speaker 4: Well, it's also after hours trading. You're like, okay, well, what's even moving? You have two analyst estimates, so it's not like a big, big rally.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.