Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 2: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday. Don't give me a look Tuesday.
Speaker 5: This is a love look at the Toe Steelers Championship Plaza outside of from the Fourth Center, where the weather is currently fifty seven degrees high of sixty. It gets a little lost. You got to you got you got you on the day baby the loan of sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Janna is traveling, so you know it's all about me to day.
Speaker 1: Baby. Wow, I get to talk.
Speaker 4: I get to talk about me in this seat, baby, he is Nate. That is Kurt. Three pumps in the back is Chris.
Speaker 5: We got our boy logan. When it's today, Baby, I am some pepper Poppy. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports whole.
Speaker 4: Cool on the brown people.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, when we.
Speaker 5: This segment is brought to you each and every day by Wingstop reflecting.
Speaker 1: We there you go.
Speaker 6: That's you have something you want to say. Do you have something you want to say before you leave? Think about it, think about it.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys is fine?
Speaker 2: Hit me.
Speaker 1: Talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got you, I got you, I got you, I got.
Speaker 1: This is boy, this is boy. See yeah, my boy.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. We hold each other down, all right?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Cowboys short week getting ready for the New York Football Giants. But before we get into the game, the owner has spoken. Jerry Jones has spoken this morning on the flagshift station, and the question was asked to one mister Jerry Darnell. I don't know that's the real name, Jerry Darnell Jones. Jerald Wayne Jones's right, Jered Wayne Jones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jared Wayne Wow.
Speaker 5: The question was asked to him about the future of Mike Michael John McCarthy from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: Pittsburgh. He's still Michael.
Speaker 4: He's Michael from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: One good game, one good game, don't get you out of Michael from Pittsburgh. You gotta put a couple of old together for me to get you back to freaking Mike. But Michael from Pittsburgh. He asked him about his job security, job future, and Jerry said that it's not off the question that Mike McCarthy comes back next year. It's not crazy, Jerry said, we got a lot of football left and uh.
Speaker 4: Huh, we know where our stand now with the way that this thing.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys got their first victory in five weeks against the Commanders, and we talked about it yesterday on the show. Kurt, the schedule going forward looks pretty favorable. Yeah, you got a Giant team that is in absolute disarrayable. Then you got a Cincinnati team coming after the mini by that you kind of have like really two really mini buys because you play Monday night football. So you got this weekend and then you got a full ten days before you have to play again.
Speaker 4: And we don't even know what they don't even know who the hell they are.
Speaker 5: They want to be good, they got good components, they got good pieces. They they every year we come into this thing and the Bengals are you know, Joe Burrow, they're they're they're the one team that can challenge the Chiefs and the AFC, but they have been a disappointing team this year. Then after that you have a team that's probably more disarrayed than the Giants, the Carolina Panthers, and then you probably this is a dangerous team to me, the Bucks. The Bucks can be a dangerous team. They run the football. They got two really good backs. I like both of their backs, Bucky Irvin and the other kids.
Speaker 1: Devastated.
Speaker 5: Baker Mayfield, you know he's you know, he's Baker Mayfield could be a thorn in your side.
Speaker 4: You know, he could play some some good football.
Speaker 8: So it.
Speaker 4: If you're if.
Speaker 5: You're looking through this thing with optimism and optimistic shades on, you can say to yourself, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: Stop all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, and couple with could Mike actually come back and be the coach in twenty twenty five and be your will Kurt?
Speaker 7: I think given the roster that he was, yes, given roster he had, and then all the injuries that hit schedule he faced, if he could get this thing turned around, he'd have to be. You'd have to consider even if they don't make the playoffs, you'd have if they finished strong, win five of the last six something. You know, you know they got to go to Philly, that's a tough one. But if they you got at least considerate. Now, with that said, whether they actually do consider it, I don't know, because fan opinion will be definitely against him.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, Michael, yes, Michael, yes, what Michael Jonathan, Michael hs, Michael whatever from Pittsburgh. Yes, he will be your coach in twenty twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 1: I ain't backing off of that.
Speaker 7: Come on you, why why why are you so passionate about it?
Speaker 6: Because he was the twelve and five guy. He has not fell off the rest you all of a sudden. Because your talent is starting to get older, and your talent is very young, needing experience, you're gonna have these type of years. Okay, it's a lot of young guns out there, and it's a lot of old heads out there waiting like vultures.
Speaker 1: They circling I see them every day, circling the facilities. But you cannot have this.
Speaker 6: Mike is gonna help rebuild this all, mister Jones, gotta do take a step back and let him just keep plugging away, keep plugging away, get rid of some of that over there that ain't about you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got.
Speaker 6: To make a change, not for the coach's sake, but for your whole organizational sake. And it ain't the coach change. You need to get rid of some of that cancer you got over there. It's some cancer over there and it needs to be got out.
Speaker 1: Dug out.
Speaker 4: Bro Okay, Yeah, listen, when you sit in this seat, I can be. I can.
Speaker 1: I can what you want to be.
Speaker 4: I can ride the fence. Can I can put it.
Speaker 1: Hear me out.
Speaker 5: Hear me not just not our just hear me out. Hear me out. A part of me says you're done. A part of me says you're done.
Speaker 1: You're done.
Speaker 5: This is not And to what you were saying, Kurt is, the fans have been calling for the and I don't know. I don't know if everyone in that locker room is still a.
Speaker 4: Fan of Michael McCarthy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: And I know people are saying, well, the guys aren't quitting. No no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: But I want you to remember, thirty something of these guys need new deals.
Speaker 4: So it ain't it.
Speaker 5: Ain't quitting on Mike is I gotta go out here and play hard for me. And when you continually hear the same thing over and over and over and over and over again each week about how things aren't being responded to, especially offensively, when you're supposed to be the offensive guru.
Speaker 4: I think that's a major knock against you.
Speaker 5: And I don't see I don't see a future with Mike McCarthy being a head coach where he's not calling plays now. On the flip side, I also look at it, and I say, Adam Sheffer said the other day that there could possibly be seven to eight head coaching jobs available when this season is all set and done, when Jerry sits back and he looks at it, because we can, we us the people that feel us, we can have whatever hope and dream of a coach that we want, whether it's Bobby Slowick, whether it's Ben Johnson, whether some of you want Bill Belichick, some say Brian fla Lores, whether it's one of the new young guns, whether it's an old a retread and Bill Belichick or John Gruden or Vai Bowl or Rex Ryan or help Pete Carroll's name has been back out there and circulating around in some coaching spaces. Whatever side of the coaching ledger you sit on, there has to be two parts to that. There has to be an interest by the team and also by those coaches, because who's to say Ben Johnson even leave Detroit. He may get out there, look at the landscape and go and now pay is not really what I wanted.
Speaker 4: Situations not really what I wanted.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna go back to Detroit and re up over there for a little while because.
Speaker 4: I know that I have a quarterback or line.
Speaker 5: Or run game or receivers, all those things right, because sometimes people don't. I'm not gonna just leaving jump to a head coaching job where I don't have the support that I need. And so now you're looking at that, and so Jerry maybe come to a place in time. He looks around and he goes, well, I'm not getting the young coaches that I wanted. Remember Chang Gayly, And I'm not getting the right retread that I want. Sometimes you have to sit up there and say I'm going to dance with the girl that I brought to the party, and that safe.
Speaker 1: Dance, remember Chang Gayleen.
Speaker 5: As as as the young people say that in house, booty might be the thing you just need to go back home to.
Speaker 4: And because you know it.
Speaker 5: You could go out, you could go out there in these streets and try to find something new and it might not be hitting the.
Speaker 6: Same getting on your knee, please please for him and mister Jones, remember Chang Gayly, What do you mean by that? Chang Gayly was the coach that the fans and everybody wanted going as soon as he was gone. Two weeks later, Miss Jones say, man, I don't know if I did the right thing. That's why Jason got not one, not twice, but by three chances.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to do the Chan Gaily. Don't do the Chang Gayley, coach, don't do the Chang Gayly.
Speaker 7: Are we certing with all those job openings that Mike McCarthy will want to come back here?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, a good point.
Speaker 6: Coach knows as bread as butter baby.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: You know, deep down inside that Jesse, that part that wants him back is just fighting to it emerged. Yes, sir, Jesse, is that with the without it that you.
Speaker 4: Know what's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be without us. But that's a great that's a great point. Like does Mike want to come back? Yes, he does because he now understands he It's one thing when you're standing on the outside. Now when you're inside the vortex, it looks a little different.
Speaker 1: It feels a little different.
Speaker 4: And now who knows.
Speaker 5: Mike McCarthy cauld be like, you know what, I can't wait till this deal is up. I hope he doesn't offer me a new deal because maybe this decision of being in this, you know, the owners telling my game plan on a Tuesday. I'm trying to game plan for a Thursday. I'm trying to keep things under the wrap. He telling folks who're gonna be injured and who's not gonna be injured. You know, I gotta deal with players. I don't really want to round the organization talking about I'm not saying that player.
Speaker 4: But the owner got.
Speaker 5: His guys and he gonna push those that agenda with those guys.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe he says that maybe maybe maybe he don't.
Speaker 7: He might look pretty attractive. He can turn around this team banged up in Kurt go on a streak at the end, they might look pretty truck hurt.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, percentages of my man freaking Mike being back, give me the percentages of you feel right now be true? Hundred, yes, sir, out of one hundred. You know, it's only one way, one till hundred.
Speaker 1: Baby, in the end of.
Speaker 4: What's your percent?
Speaker 1: Eighty nine percent?
Speaker 6: Nine baby, eighty nine, that's ninety percent because you.
Speaker 1: But you like seeing back. That's all I need to know. How about you, Jesse.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm look you you twenty five percent that he'll be back, that he'll be back twenty five Man.
Speaker 6: I don't know how do I side this campaign? Because it ain't like free Mike, Because if free mikey out of here, Keep Mike, keep back.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to our first break of the show. When we come back. The Cowboys haven't fared too well at the crib. It's really opposite of what they've historically been. They really been a good football team at home, right, but this year it hasn't.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 5: What is it about being at the crib that has the Cowboys just not able to get a victory. We'll discuss it, we'll talk about it. We'll toss things around right here on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: State O, hey, what this would be right.
Speaker 1: Back freaking night?
Speaker 8: How's wing stop sound? Crispy Juicy Classic Wings? Sausty tossed that those elegged soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheets or signature Wingstop Rich. I think you've heard enough, Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 6: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official wings.
Speaker 1: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Order now by download the wings Stop Out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and set Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 8: All the action.
Speaker 10: Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that it works expect he expected seat geek.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeir enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smear enough we do game day, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the boys, Well, welcome back to hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: On this Tuesday episode.
Speaker 5: Our captain is not here, so I get to sit in this seat and make this thing all about me. My boy, Kurt three pumps is to my radio right, TV left. I don't know, but the big Nate Newton, the enforcer this matter.
Speaker 1: I'm enforced you, missus Jones.
Speaker 6: If I can get past security, I'm going up there to make sure the twist.
Speaker 5: This sacment has brought to you by Blockchain. Blockchain dot com. Also Jick saw the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys take on the New York Football Giants Thursday. Was it three thirty kurk Kurt three thirty three thirty.
Speaker 4: The annual Thanksgiving game.
Speaker 5: And I know a lot of people had hopes at this game when it came out on the schedule, like, okay, you know Cowboys Giants, Giants, Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Kind of a good rivalry between the two.
Speaker 5: And then the bottom fell out of everything, right, they sent their team and their quarterback away. The Cowboys had all the injuries and their quarterbacks sent.
Speaker 4: Away, and so now we're faced with this.
Speaker 5: Game, this game, and a report came out today that Tommy DeVito has a four arm injury, and Brian Daball said not one hundred percent chance that he actually plays in this game. Now, I personally would prefer that he does, because the alternative is you get a pissed off Drew Lock And if I had to say who are the better of the two quarterbacks, I would say Drew Lock is the better of the two. And then you get Drew Locke with kind of an fit attitude, and you get Melik Neighbors, who publicly called out his team and his coaches called him soft.
Speaker 4: He said he's not getting the ball enough.
Speaker 5: Y'all know what that means, right. You know what happens after that? He gets targeted fifty five times the next game. And Milika is the one of the Mylik Neighbors is one of those guys you know, in the last in Chris Timmins before I came in here, the last one hundred yard game that Malik Neighbors had. Let me take it back, the only I think, right, Chris, the only hundred yard game Malik Davis only one hundred yard game that he's.
Speaker 4: Had this season. Boys, you just like your Mike McCarthy take give me wrong. It was against the Cowboys and he knocked this out out the game.
Speaker 1: I'm not wrong.
Speaker 5: He knocked itself out in the third or fourth quarter of that game, and they were trying to make a little bit of a comeback. But normally the Thanksgiving game is at home, and you feel confident about it, and you say, man, cowboy at home.
Speaker 4: And this is this dating back to last playoffs. Cowboys are oh.
Speaker 5: And six at home, no matter and every twenty and everything that was an NFL record. What has to change, Nate, for the Cowboys to get off the snide and get a dub at home again?
Speaker 4: Is it just simply the Giants.
Speaker 6: Simply eximptly thirty two carries one hundred and twenty nine yards thirty two thirty two carriers. I went back into last three losses, they've given up or at least thirty two carries one hundred and twenty something yards four point fourevers.
Speaker 1: Go back and look up the last three games.
Speaker 4: No, they're giving up one hundred and fifty yards again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so on the ground defensive, Yeah, it ain't got nothing to do with time possession. This week he has got something to do with carriers because this team feeds off of sacks. I think they have like thirty something sacks, but in the last three game they only have they only have one sack, and that's by Brian Burns.
Speaker 7: We need thirty two carries a game.
Speaker 1: We need thirty two carres. Then we got twenty eight.
Speaker 6: We got twenty eight last week, but before that it was twenty one. I'm telling you, man, as a team, as a team, the thing that is amazing here, we can't go sideways. But you know, I know, you know we'll I'll say the same thing again tomorrow. Number ninety seven. I don't need him for him to focus in on our center. I see ninety seven.
Speaker 5: You're talking about the All World defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence for the New York Times.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's got nine sacks, but nothing these last three games. You know, the last time was four games go against Pittsburgh where they had three or four sacks, then all of a sudden they just went that went away. So this team is mentally and it is mentally messed up right now. I mean because you got too much focus on the wrong thing. And that's who's not on the team. You know they worrying about. Okay, if you do this too, the quarterback, you gave forty million dollars, what would you do to us? So as a player, you sitting there like, man, what do I do I mean you can, you can.
Speaker 1: Literally freelance if you're a defensive player. What you what you're gonna do to me?
Speaker 6: What you're gonna do to me, especially if you're Dexter, you know, or either Brian Burns or Numbers, the other guy they brought in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what you're gonna do to me?
Speaker 6: I mean you just got got rid of the most valuable asset.
Speaker 7: Nothing cowboys just run outside or right at them or what.
Speaker 1: They need to scheme against them.
Speaker 6: We are not We're not what other I looked at a little bit of Panthers in the offensive line has gotten much better than six seven games ago. They can physically one on one move people now the Panthers, so we I know what we did last week, but I think we need to add a little bit of scheming in there, maybe a little bit of traps a little bit and be more secure on the deuce blocks. I'd rather for the linebackers to make the plays than they down Lima because when when down Lima started making plays, it's over.
Speaker 5: Kurt, I don't know the last time, and you can check on whatever site that you use for tickets, I don't know the last time we've been able to look at a ticket price for a Cowboys game and a get.
Speaker 4: It not not standing room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are a get in the door seats, Yes, available for twenty eight bucks.
Speaker 7: Yes, twenty eight bucks.
Speaker 5: There are seats and the last home game that you saw who was at Houston?
Speaker 4: A lot of empty seats, a lot of empty seats, and.
Speaker 7: Does the victim room for twenty five? You can get up or deck for fifty five or so?
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know the last time you've seen up a deck for fifty five like you can get I think I think I looked at somewhere that you can get like lower level fifty yard line tickets for like three hundred bucks. Those usually go for like double that, maybe triple ad sometimes depending on what the record is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can get three level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I say that to say this, Kurt. It's the holiday. Folks have to make a decision. Do I spend money on tickets? Do I spend money on parking? Do I spend money at the stadium? Do I spend time away from my family to go to the game. I don't know tickets available right Like, this is the Cowboys looking for a home feel advantage. How do you get a home feel advantage, you have the fans behind you? Do you have a contingency of fans that are rallying you, giving you energy, making noise when the science has make noise. Michael Rvis says, good hello, And now you're so third down?
Speaker 4: Are you get them to jump off side? And what have your delay at games?
Speaker 5: What do the Cowboys find that home feel advantage in the stands this week?
Speaker 7: I don't know, madam, or you hope there won't be as many Giants fans. I guess surely some of these seats will fill up. But that's what I've wondered.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 7: Is it the home field problems just who you've played. They've played some really good teams at home? Or is there more to it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: Yes, there's much more distraction and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Your players have to be better than the other players. The schemes have to be equal to the other team's schemes, because if you got the better players, that's the normally who win schemes. Are all schemes are equal, the better players normally can take over. I found out going through this one in fifteen three and thirteen when our players got better and we started winning games, that home field got bigger and better and stronger.
Speaker 7: Isn't there? I mean, you guys have both talked about it. You'd bring a whole bustload of people to Thanksgiving? I mean, yes, aren't there? Do the outside distractions really affect these guys or at this point there, if you reach the NFL, you can handle that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Listen, we're talking about the rabbity is of alf rabbitys and players nowadays they hear everything.
Speaker 4: They're right, so like, yes, affects him because we we we we we hear it.
Speaker 5: We hear those guys react to what has been said on the outside. And I've always long said this, People go, well, we just block out the outside noise.
Speaker 4: You're a liar.
Speaker 1: Block out the outside whoever said?
Speaker 4: But winning helps you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he helps you do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But when you're losing, every those rabbit ears shoot up and everybody listening to everything, and so go ahead.
Speaker 6: Every player today, especially today's player, have at least five sets of ears.
Speaker 1: I'm here. Every player has it. You can see it after the games. We do shows.
Speaker 6: At the game, you have four or five people following a lot of players at least thirty center of the player.
Speaker 5: I mean we got we're not too many weeks off to Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 4: Right, he's still in full uniform. Right, he's still in full uniform. He goes in the locker room, coming.
Speaker 1: Right back out.
Speaker 4: He wasn't even over the sweat.
Speaker 1: Yes, but go ahead when it is just what Jesse just saying. Give us.
Speaker 6: In those five years, got five most set seals because they know a player and know, hey, I got a I got a partner that knows Trayvon did.
Speaker 1: I got a partner.
Speaker 6: So you got five sets ears on five sets. Man, these kids ain't gonna never get a break. You know, I heard the other day Lebron say I'm turning I'm turning off social media. You even if you tried your sonsay Dad, I know what you said, but you guess what.
Speaker 4: It's just it's the world.
Speaker 1: It's the ward of these kids.
Speaker 6: But when you winning, man, I'm telling you, if they were winning, Trayvon probably still went out to that dude and said, man, come on, now we can do this a little bit better.
Speaker 1: His whole attitude, we can do this.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like how we are on this show. It's like when we were winning number one, we don't really care what those other shows got it. They want to make jokes and then you know, you know, you know, the boss wants to threaten us with numbers and all that kind.
Speaker 4: We don't listen to all that. We don't really listen to all.
Speaker 5: That because we know when we winning, it don't really matter what y'all said about it.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm mid live. Women love these numbers.
Speaker 5: A don't, Yes, these numbers don't. But what has to change, Nate? What has to change offensively? What has to change defensively? What has to change special teams?
Speaker 4: Wise?
Speaker 5: At home, because this is where you're supposed to be. You know, you at you at your cribs, your locker room, you'll feel you know, you know what a dead basketball term. I know where the dead spots are at in the floor, right like I know, nobody knows whether where the sun comes in at that and we're not gonna go there. Nobody knows when that's gonna come and rise and fall. But this is home, This is the crib. This is where you're supposed to be at your best. The Cowboys are four and two on the road, but they're zero and five at home.
Speaker 4: What has to change.
Speaker 7: We got a question through our email from a fan. At first I kind of thought that's kind of dumb, But then I part of me is like, well, maybe not so much. I mean, should they go over there at four point thirty eight afternoon and have a practice at the stadium when the sun shining in and it's all that kind of stuff, just to get a feel for it.
Speaker 6: You do whatever gives you advantage. I remember when mister Jones first built this stadium. Uh, Jimmy said, Wow, this could be the biggest home field advantage.
Speaker 1: I will practice over there, That's what Jimmy said. I would.
Speaker 6: I would just move a whole kitten kaboodle so they'll know every crook and cranny, whatever's going on at whatever time you where, you can create that home fell advantage. But I will say this and continue to say this, if these players can learn from this year, or learned by the end of the year, these five or six games and just start rolling. When people with these fans are forgiving fans, I mean you started showing signs of winning.
Speaker 1: They will be back now that the draft.
Speaker 6: The drafters, I call them the drafters, people that live for the draft.
Speaker 1: Those people. That's just who they are.
Speaker 6: That tank yeah, yeah, yeah, the tank yeah, the tank community.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm gonna use that.
Speaker 6: The tank community is who they are. And so watch the draft show. They have it three hundred and sixty players for you to look at each one every day. But these fans want to win. Now, they can get mad about the playoffs. But if we right now, well seven and whatever, eight and whatever, all we'll be talking about this positioning for the playoffs. Yea, for them, very same playoffs that we fear.
Speaker 7: Going back to what you said, though, I mean, we don't can't change the sun or whatever. We can't change. Yeah, we can't change the distractions. We can't. So how do they change the offense or or do you know?
Speaker 5: I think it's a great question that whoever wrote that in we appreciate the question.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great question.
Speaker 5: And not to bring up, you know, Bill Belichick and the Patriots, but to bring up Bill Belichick and the Patriots Bill practice like that, Like Bill was like, well, it's pouring rain in outsides, let's go inside, and we having good practice. We ain't playing inside, so you have to fight through these elements, right, Well, it's really windy outside. We can't get what if it's windy on Sunday, what you gonna say, Hey, hey, Rev, can we go inside to kick this kick, this extra point kick, this forty yard field goal? And so sometimes to Jimmy's point, to the to the caller's point, that may have to be something that may have to be that may have to be.
Speaker 4: You know what, Let's go over there and see when.
Speaker 5: This sun is, like Jerry says, you know, one hundred years in advance, when the sun's gonna be rising and falling. You know, maybe going over there and realizing, okay, hey, at this time, if we're going this way, what are some things that we can run that will probably keep the side of our eyes. Like That's how you get a competitive advantage. It's those small things that you know, we we a lot of times see or or hear a Bill Belichick saying, you know, you know what, scratch what we had on a practice playing we got we got a three o'clock game, and that sun might be setting right there in that time were our practice schedule. Now we'll meet that and we'll go over there and see if we can't figure this thing out and throw passes into the sun and see how that affects guys. You want a competitive advantage, you have to think in a competitive advantage type of way. And so I think it's a great question. Will they do it?
Speaker 4: Probably not, But that's.
Speaker 5: The difference between a guy who got one Super Bowl and the guy who got seven.
Speaker 4: Well, you know.
Speaker 5: Whatever, it is, all right, man, Let's I got a final break of the show. When we come back, we'll talk more about the offensive line. Some guys are out, some guys play, well, should we keep it that way? Where are we looking at this offensive line going forward? We got we got a six time Pro bowler on over here, three times Super Bowl champion. He can give us some more insight on that offensive line play for the Cowboys. Stay right here with this will be right back. This is Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 8: How's wing Stop sound? Christy juicy classic wings, sausted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range. I think you've heard enough, get your leave, deliver it at wingstot dot com.
Speaker 6: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys, and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings of.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Order now by download the wings Stop out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Pruscott keats it slides for the first.
Speaker 11: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli mag with real half avocados will score taste Bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 10: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 8: All the action.
Speaker 10: Seat Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat gig.
Speaker 4: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 10: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea ticketing, a ticket that works.
Speaker 4: Expect the expected seed. Geek back to hang in with the Bulls. Welcome back to hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: In our final second Men of the Day, Kurt yep seven eleven.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 5: Swing by your local seven eleven and grab your favorite it item from the roller grill.
Speaker 4: How'd that glazy Chris? Oh boy, this Glizzie was good?
Speaker 5: Then enjoy a big goat for just eighty nine cents. Vallet will at participating stores, fill up pump eight and get ready for game day.
Speaker 4: Boo big golf, sir, here we go.
Speaker 5: Channing went, got that big goat for Christ the other day, boy ye had the mustard over buster Chris's back dad with his feet up with a glazy on his lips. That was insane. You're gonna pump gas, pump gas and pump eight though, Nick Yes, Sir. Tyler Smith out last week, Zach Martin out last week. TJ Bass, brock Hoffman came in. Didn't play too bad, didn't play ain't too bad. I like the I thought t J Bass played better out of the two. I like the aggressiveness and the attitude and the nastiness.
Speaker 4: You gotta have a little nasty. You gotta have a little nasty to play in the trenches.
Speaker 5: That's part of the That's probably a little bit of if I got a little bit of a thing towards.
Speaker 4: He needs to give something the guidance.
Speaker 5: I just don't feel like I am and I don't want to pile on the kid.
Speaker 4: I just don't feel like.
Speaker 5: He'll bite your face off like I think brock Hoffman will bite your face off. I don't think like our tackles seem like they say please and thank you too much. I don't like. I don't want my tackles to be polite, to have manners. I don't want that. I want the offensive line to be snarling, gnarling, rude, dip spin and cussing, finish, eye gouging, finish, you know what I'm saying, testic twisting at the bottom of the pile.
Speaker 4: Wow, like I want that. I want finish.
Speaker 5: I just feel like, you know, guidance like hey, I'm sorry, bro prologize like I don't want you to apologizing, you know what I mean. I feel like I feel like Terry still at times is like, oh.
Speaker 4: Man, excuse me. We'll say, excuse me, don't hold it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't want my tackles hold adult for nobody.
Speaker 8: They don't.
Speaker 5: You should have hurried up, broke at the door, you damnself. I need that I need I need that from my tackles. I need them with a little bit of an edge like brock Hoffman looked like he eat with his hands. He looked like he eats Millievy time meals every day.
Speaker 7: So would you rather have a guy like that with if the talent is I mean it's not a huge drop off, but if there's a little less talent but more dog in him, that you'd rather have that plan still talent.
Speaker 4: Any any day? That ended? Why and twice on Sunday?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just I'm a receiver. I'm the diva of the group. I'm the diva of the group.
Speaker 4: But Nate Tyler Smith maybe coming back this week.
Speaker 5: Zach Martin Stevens kind of all but said that he'll probably miss this week as well.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: My question to you is how much?
Speaker 5: Because you're looking for the future and we all kind of believe, if we're doing the percentile, I'm almost at ninety percent that Zach Martin's gonna retire. Do you try to hold out Zach Martin as long as you possibly can to give one of these other guys, whether it's TJ. Bass, whether it's brock Hoffman, more opportunities at those spots to say, hey, you guys got four games to show me what you're gonna do.
Speaker 4: In the future.
Speaker 1: I'm as long as.
Speaker 6: Zach is hurt, as long as once he say I'm not hurting, then he goes back in.
Speaker 1: You know, That's where I agree with you. Four weeks ago.
Speaker 6: If he's not hurting and he you know, just injured, just you know, you know, injury is just injured.
Speaker 1: Little Nick.
Speaker 6: I'll play him because he average, he's better than most. But if he's hurting with these injuries, no, he let the TJ Bass in there and let him play Smith. He should be okay. He young guys still move. Got what's the word I'm looking for. He's able to move well with some consistency. You put him back in there. That only gives you a better strength, you know, in the middle of your offense. And I'm with you. Give me a little less talented guy, but with a whole lot of nastiness. That's gonna your goal as offensive lineman when you were playing an athlete that is better than you. This is what we used to bank. I had on that I know where the play is going, I know what the snap count is. You don't know when I'm gonna get help and when you know and when I'm not gonna get help. So all of this is to my advantage. Now I have to finish you. When I play against Jerome Brown, I used to go home and go to bed after those games. I used to go home and go to bed. Some guys I would go out and drink.
Speaker 4: Get you know you in a fight. Yes, you know you've been in the dull fight. You just go home and go to bed.
Speaker 5: Man Brown, I'm going to lay down.
Speaker 6: That's not only mentally but physically. They're gonna tax you because you have to play. If you have seventy eight plays, you got to play seventy seventy nine of them hard. You got because you don't know. He is such a great talent. You didn't know when he was gonna turn it on, and it took everything you had to keep him off your quarter your running back when he turned it on. And that can be any time in the game. Because he was such a great athlete. This kid, Dexter has that same ability. If he turns it on, he can set you back on the quarterback of running back four or five players a game, So you have to continuously be That's where our brock Hosmon would get in his head, like if you go back and look at the Tampa film, you will see the right guard I think in the center. They just stayed antagonizing him, and he stopped looking at the running back. He stopped thinking about it, and he just stopped trying to bend them up. If I can get you to bend me up sixty eight plays, I have won. That's the deal. That's what brock Hofflin does. He makes players forget about their assignment and just say, I'm gonna beat this dude to death. Before you know it, the game over with. You ain't made no tackles, you ain't got no sacks, and that is the key.
Speaker 1: So that is what the antagonizer do. You But.
Speaker 6: If this guy lock into your game and don't play your game, you're not athlete. You're not athletic inclined enough to stay with him. And if you concentrate on his techniques, you can have a long.
Speaker 5: Day looking at the left tackle of awesome Richards will be out this week with an ankle in theer. Yeah he has a high ago springs. Wow, he has a high eagle spring So awesome Richards. Scratch him off your list. And so it seems like you're options.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: I guess you have a couple. You you you have a couple that you can kind of play with. Uh, you can go Tuma. You can say you can say, hey, Tyler Smith, you're coming back and we're gonna go TJ.
Speaker 4: Bass and rock Hoff at the guards again, or.
Speaker 5: You look at young kid in the face and you go, all right, now, I got we got to put you back out there. Don't make me pull you off the field. And that's and that's that's Tyler Geyton.
Speaker 1: He's going out there, bro, every game.
Speaker 6: He's gonna start every game, every and that he said he's healthy, he's gonna start.
Speaker 4: Tell me this, So tell me this Nate mentally?
Speaker 5: What is he going through when he knows that if I mess up, I may come out the game, they may pull me. Like, how does that? How was that mess with you as a player, Jesse.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I'm gonna be straight on. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I've never been that guy, and thank god, I don't know what he's going through. I don't have that fear that somebody, you know, if it's preseason, they take you out.
Speaker 1: You okay, all right? You know we changing players.
Speaker 6: See, I ain't never been that guy, and I thank god ain't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what he's going through. I wish I could help.
Speaker 7: He's kind to mess with their mental.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: I'll ask Church because I think once Church took the starting job at at safety. He was the man, and then when he got snatched out, it was like for twenty million a year, it was Jackson. See, I just, I just I've never been that guy. Have you ever been that guy? No, You've never been that guy. No, Like I was either in or I was out. Never looking over at my shoulder was like, you're gonna be over here till we put you in.
Speaker 4: But it was never.
Speaker 5: It was never that, Like you know what I'm saying, like I have to look over my shoulder and someone's gonna.
Speaker 1: Snatch me out.
Speaker 6: I've had bad games. Well I'm fighting through mentally and I'm saying, okay, he beat me on this. Uh he just run me you know where he'd rummer in Detroit in one minute then next minute.
Speaker 1: You know, I hate we.
Speaker 6: Got a thirty one day. Oh man, I'm stuffed in a hole in him. It can't get a first out. But I ain't never worried about about a runner on the field. I just done had a bad game.
Speaker 5: So like he had that like when they literally pulled him off the field inserted awesome. They had to put him back out in the field because got hurt. So it's like I just that's tough. That's a tough deal. That's a tough deal.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's to learn. I mean, you line up wrong two times. Maybe.
Speaker 6: But two weeks ago coach said we're gonna committee, and this is the committee. I remember I saying, how you gonna do this in practice? You know title start, Well, this is a committee. Sign you mess up. We gotta get this other guy a chance that I don't know how that feels, Chris, Chris, I mean, how does that feel?
Speaker 4: Say Christ? And I'm in the seat right now. Nobody pulling me out, man, I'm back here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right, man, that's it for us.
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate you. That's a super question.
Speaker 4: Man, that's the that's it. You gotta go down and talk to Mike Slari, Man.
Speaker 5: Tell what's going on.
Speaker 4: With that man.
Speaker 5: Thanks Chris, keeping up in the back, Jazz Josh, thanks the load for jumping on feel Lust. Thanks to you guys. We appreciate you. Shannon will be back in this seat tomorrow. Tomorrow we do we get ready for the game.
Speaker 4: We'll do We'll do all of it.
Speaker 1: We'll do all of it.
Speaker 5: We'll do Cowboys offense defense, Giants offense defense. I'm gonna be honest with y'all, it's gonna look the same.
Speaker 4: It's gonna look the same like you hold these two teams up and.
Speaker 5: It's the same. It's literally the same. And we'll see which one of these teams who have back.
Speaker 1: A little bit better than yeah.
Speaker 4: You said, if if he said, if all it's all equal.
Speaker 5: Then your Jimmy's and Joe's got to show up, right, So we'll see who have the better Jimmies and Joe's.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Will do our predictions and all that other kind of stuff to get you right setting to go for the Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Game, Wings tomorrow reminder flavor drop.
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely, getting all right?
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: That does it for us, For Nate, for Kurt, for Chris, I'm Salt and Pepper Poppy log.
Speaker 2: We's been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.