Speaker 1: Another exciting bonus episode of serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be exciting? Yeah, Today's Friday, April twenty ninth, bonus time.
Speaker 1: We don't have a bonus jingle.
Speaker 2: We have a bonus box, but we're not doing serial Killers right now. Ba ba ba bone is a solo Yes. So a few weeks ago we mentioned that we might want to do this, and I was in the store the other day and they were on sale, so I was like, you know what, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Back in the early sixties, Andrew oh boy Post the cereal company Post okay, they came out with a or they were developing a new pastry product okay, and they stupidly talked about it. And while they were talking about this pastry product that they developed, Kellogg's, their adversary, quietly made their own. They were called like country Country Pastry or something like that. But then nineteen sixty four when they came out, pop Tars were born pop Tarch, pop tartch Why did you, Sean Connery, I don't know, poptarsh. So pop Tarts came out in Poptar sixty four and originally they started as just you know, the regular like kind of strawberry. There were four flavors like strawberry and cinnamon something and apple something and whatever, and they weren't frosted. And then a couple of years later they figured out a way to frost them and not make the toaster explode. And so now most of them are frosted. You'd be hard pressed to find more than like two or three that are not frosted.
Speaker 1: Do you toast your shirtles still exist?
Speaker 2: They do. Pillsberry makes them. They're in the freezer section.
Speaker 1: I have never had a toaster stroodel em.
Speaker 2: You know what they're Well, they're somewhat similar. They are different animals, because that's a flaky pastry and these are just like, you know whatever. Yeah, I don't even know what you'd call it. It's almost cookie ish. Yeah, you know. So today we're going to eat a lot of sugar. Oh boy, it's gonna be a lot. I know that you're gonna start juicing. So you're gonna need that to cleanse all of this out of your system. Well, worst comes to I mean, I only take a bite. It's not like there's a rule that I have to eat the entire pop tart. Well, first of all, you said that you like the edges. I don't like the edges, So you basically can eat my edges, but you have to try the filling. Yeah, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: So what I did is I picked up all ones that are new. Would you pick up a few? I picked up ones that are new or like they're back. Okay, so I'm gonna start with it.
Speaker 1: Do we have milk?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We do? We Do you want milk?
Speaker 1: I actually love I wish I had coffee too, No, like, because I didn't have breakfast.
Speaker 2: Well, here comes your breakfast. It's a great breakfast pastry.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So actually they started out in nineteen sixty four as fruit scones, that was the name.
Speaker 1: I also dislike them toasted. Do you know what the real best way to do a pop tart is? Hear me out on this one, folks. Microwave. It makes it so much better. Microwaving them is so much better.
Speaker 2: All Right, Anyway, here's a new one that I never even heard of before. Okay, and I'm not I'm not a huge pop tart offishiyonato. Yeah, but I didn't even know that this flavor existed. This is tropical mango oh no, yes.
Speaker 1: So this will be I I even though you don't like them toasted, I have to put them in the toaster. Can I just eat mine plane?
Speaker 2: I think it should be warmed.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I eat them right out of the package.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I do too, but it's different. See, and these are not. There's gonna be a fire in here, just so you know.
Speaker 1: I mean there already was ones.
Speaker 2: These are not frosted. They just have the little swirl on top.
Speaker 1: I actually like the smell really, but that might also just be the pastry.
Speaker 2: The mango does it does smell like mangoish?
Speaker 1: Can you pour me some milk? Actually, I can wiste it myself. Yeah, there's no milk.
Speaker 2: I have more. I have more. I'm looking, it, says proudly baked in the USA. I'm looking to see if it is naturally or artificially flavored. Naturally flavored, it's it's cone subborder natural. See this one's all look, this one says nuevo. This one's in Spanish. Okay, Well here comes the fire. Oh there's gonna be a thing. Oh no, ask Jeff if this is okay?
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: No, there's gonna be the fire department is gonna come everything. I can't let me just fire apartment everything. Why are you touching a hot toaster?
Speaker 1: Idiot?
Speaker 2: Alright? Ready?
Speaker 1: One? Two things?
Speaker 2: M that's nice. Yeah, that's a little bit dry because it's not frosted. But the mango flavor is really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah them, I have to die. I wish it was a little warmer, pleasantly surprised. I want to call Jeff to see if you pam.
Speaker 2: I'm going to it. I can get him on the line, could you as I call him. I'm just gonna put this next one in.
Speaker 1: Maybe he wants a pop tart? Two? Hold mine, give me this one.
Speaker 2: This one was shocking to me when I would give this one. Will be rating these?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, why don't we come up with our own rating system like three pops or ditch it or eat it? Okay, I give this one and eat it. Okay, that's but all right? But foot one, I can't tell you yet. Called Jeff real quick.
Speaker 2: Damn you smell it?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm does it smell like you? No, I can't actually smell your smell. Ooh maple, yeah, Joly Andrew, Jeff, you're on bull chat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we have a question.
Speaker 1: We're eating pop tarts and Scotty has the toaster in here, but it has like a smoky smell to it.
Speaker 2: Is the fire alarm going to go off? Um? Maybe if it does throw water on it, see what happens.
Speaker 1: Water and electric really work well together.
Speaker 2: No, I just want to make sure the fire deformer is not gonna come. I don't want to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: So you probably won't.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, and what's worse it happens they fire you. Oh well, at least we have you recorded saying it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're fine, Thank you. But why are eating pop tarts?
Speaker 2: They're disgusting? No delicious.
Speaker 1: We're having a whole bunch of new flavors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bought a bunch of new flavors. No, nope, go with the toasters something like that. Not a art.
Speaker 1: You never had a toast shirt on.
Speaker 2: But all right, next time, Thank you, Jeff, Thanks jev enjoy your day, bye, good bye? All right, now the next one. You could smell it? Right, I was. I was very surprised when I saw it. Yeah, exactly, Eggo, Eggo waffles, frosted maple flavor. Now you know, I don't love the way that maple naturally flavored and other natural flavors. All right, so it's naturally flavored. I'm sure it's not real. Making sure you know? Are you sure you don't want this one warm?
Speaker 1: No? I don't like it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: But so you don't like warm waffles? Oh that smells you don't like waffles warm? I don't know how I feel about the smell.
Speaker 2: So it's it's this pastry is more yellow. It's a yellow pastry.
Speaker 1: Can I just show them this?
Speaker 2: It's frosted with white frosting and little yellow DESIPI.
Speaker 1: There is nothing here.
Speaker 2: You love that part? See that? As a kid, I would break that part off and throw that out.
Speaker 1: And I would be the person who then sits there like a trash goblin and eats.
Speaker 2: I break off all the non frosted pieces and I eat just the frosted part.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going alright, you ready? Why do you think?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I could see where they're going with the eggo waffle, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think so I don't really understand where they're going with this. That's all right, I would say, ditch it really or throw it away. I don't know what what so we haven't eat it? Ranking don't what's the bad one? I just we should just give it like, I don't know, don't. We don't have to rank them. We just say whether we like them or not.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's all right, Oh crazy good, No matter how you love them. I'm gonna straight from the foil toasted, stacked or frozen frozen. Maybe it would taste better toasted, Yes it would? Can I yeah? Break it apart, like, go off my mouth part. I didn't bite that part. It's nice or warm. Oh, the whole studio smells like maple m.
Speaker 1: It's a little better toasted. I would say. Toasted is a maybe. Not toasted, it's a big no.
Speaker 2: Okay. This one I found very interesting. And I saw this in the stories a couple of weeks ago, and never was like have you seen these? And I was like, yes, I've seen them, but we don't really do that. So I love that.
Speaker 1: That's your listener voice. Your listener voice is always like, hew, what what's happening now? I'm with Sam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, smell it was? It smell like to you loop?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't Sam? Right? Oh, Wow.
Speaker 2: Look those are fruit loops pop tarts. This is so exciting. Look how happy he is.
Speaker 1: Oh look at how little frosting is on the inside of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, babe. So it's an interesting pinkish Can I eat it? Yeah, I'm gonna let my warm up a little bit. I like them warm.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it.
Speaker 2: Oh look mine has eyes. I like it it definitely. It smells like fruit loops.
Speaker 1: It kind of tastes like a lemon cookie.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't be eating all this sugar. Oh my god. H I don't like this one. I do. It's strange.
Speaker 1: So my Nona does like lemon cookies and that's what it tastes like. So this one gets an eat in my book, and.
Speaker 2: This one I do not like natural fruit flavors. That's crazy. What's natural about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: This is we're just eating pop tarts. Yeah, this is so dumb.
Speaker 1: I mean our listeners are probably looking at this saying, okay, wait, eating for the box over here.
Speaker 2: I mean there were there were probably two dozen.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you know what we should do, don't Okay, I'm gonna do blind taste testing. This way we add some more fun to it.
Speaker 2: You want to guess what this?
Speaker 1: How many more do we have?
Speaker 2: Three more? What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll close my eyes and then I'll tell you what I think it is.
Speaker 2: I really really what They had Boston cream Pie, but it was sold out in every store that I was in.
Speaker 1: Wait, we have to look like a muck bang channel with our with the boxes like whoa like you know how they do that in the thumbnails? Well, in the thumbnails of them, they're always like stacked appropriately.
Speaker 2: Oh you just looked. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm where okay, but you like it cold? I do now based on our conversation we had on Bold Chat on Wednesday, I will like this one with milk. Oh yeah, there you go. Oh my god, hold on, okay, was it smell like.
Speaker 1: Huh Graham crackers?
Speaker 2: No? But okay, try it. Oh, it's kind of interesting. It's yellow frosting with some brown dots. I don't know what the brown dots are supposed to be. I like that.
Speaker 1: I don't actually know what this is.
Speaker 2: Really, you want me to tell you? Is it citrusy mm hmm? Come on, poppy seed? It's lemon cream pie.
Speaker 1: Guy, I don't teach that at all, really.
Speaker 2: Oh I do, and I like that one.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Is it better than the ego one?
Speaker 1: Ego hot? No ego cold? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, I need to get to warm milk. Can we take a break real quick? Sure? Yeah? Thanks? Back right after this. We only have two left. I'll do this Okay.
Speaker 1: Now I really can't see so this is gonna work out really well.
Speaker 2: And we're back headphones, Yes they are. Hello? Is this.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: What is that? Should we? Should we keep staying a break? Oh? Andrew had to go what the hell just happened? Oh? I understand? All right? So that was Boss Elvis that called him on his phone, and he must have Elvis's ringtone set has that crazy alarm in case he's ever sleeping or something like that, that it must wake him up. So he's going to come back and blindfold it. And the next one that we are going to do is oh, almost just set it. Cover your face? Is everything? Okay? Yes?
Speaker 1: Everything is fine.
Speaker 2: I think it's so funny that that's the ringtone. That way, if you're in a deep sleep, it scares the hell out of you. Is how did you know it's so funny? What do I look like? Do I look cool? You look like a bank robbing duck?
Speaker 1: Would my parents be proud of me?
Speaker 2: No? Here you go. Here's the next one. Now, this one, I can't smell anything.
Speaker 1: Should I be able to smell it?
Speaker 2: Or should you taste?
Speaker 1: This one was out for a while, it went away and is backed by popular demand? Do I just can I?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see if any.
Speaker 1: I could already like taste it.
Speaker 2: Eating pop tarts one way isn't picky, but it's pretty cocky what it says that in the box.
Speaker 1: This is chocolate, This has something chocolate, microwave for freezer, for toaster, this has the this can I okay?
Speaker 2: I go yeah, go ahead and get some milk? Ew Really, you would probably like this in cupcake form. I'll give you that hint. But there's not enough frosting on here. I have to pull the sides off.
Speaker 1: Is it it's chocolate?
Speaker 2: It is kind of chocolate.
Speaker 1: It's red velvet? Then it's not good?
Speaker 2: It's okay? Is it actually red? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna look at it really quick.
Speaker 2: They also had a some More's one that I thought was pretty good, but I was only doing new ones or now they're back ones.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 2: You don't like that one? No, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't feel it really get you the flavor.
Speaker 2: Right, here's the last one, Andrew, m don't look no hot?
Speaker 1: Still not good?
Speaker 2: See, I feel like this next one has to be hot. So do you want it warmed or no? You're gonna be able to tell what it is right away just from smelling it. Okay, it says that it's frosted, but this one is just drizzled. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is your prime opportunity to just hand me.
Speaker 2: Like I would never do that. Come on, you know I wouldn't do that. Hey you try it? Ooh you could? This This one is also new. What do you think? It's so dry? Though? When you there's there's all that unfrosted side. It's so dry. Apples you have to be more specific because there's different ones. There's apple cinnamon, there's apple whatever, apple pie.
Speaker 1: Close it's frosted apple fritter. I got it.
Speaker 2: See, I don't. It's too dry for me because there's not very a lot of frosting on it. To try a warm piece, I didn't bite any of it. See. What's the difference between the apple cinnamon one, and this the apple cinnamon was fully frosted.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: I don't believe how much I just ate. We probably ate like four whole pop stars each.
Speaker 1: No, no, look at this. That is a small demolition derby of pop tarts.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, out of all of them, what do you think your favorite was?
Speaker 1: Huh? I like toucan sam see I did not, And then I liked mango, and then I liked Eggo hot, and then I liked the apple fritter, and then I liked lemon cream pie, and then I liked Eggo cold. I would have to say an order of lot oh, and then I forgot this red velvet.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It wasn't really that man order of liked from most to least. I like the tropical mango the best, right, that was a shocking Yeah, that's a good it.
Speaker 1: I should really take this hat off it. It almost tastes like the strawberry one, and I know it shouldn't because it's mango, but it does, okay.
Speaker 2: And then after that I like the lemon cream pie, and then after that I like the apple fritter, and then after that I like the red velvet, and then after that I like the ego and then after that I like fruit loops. I like fruit loops the least.
Speaker 1: I liked fruit loops because he's like a lemon cookie and its delicious.
Speaker 2: So the bonus box jingle in there? Oh wow, do we have it? Yeah, we do play it. I don't think we have bonus box. No, I don't think we ever put it in there, sad. Oh well, no, I mean bonus episode bonus buck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have that. Pop Tarts bites. Oh, these are frosted confetti cake. I've never had these before. Are they good? I had to buy it because I had a coupon that was if you buy it I drink on my milk, you get a dollar off.
Speaker 2: So I had to buy these. Here. Try one. These are okay, cold, they're little.
Speaker 1: I think we should if we're going to ever do like a bonus episode again, we need to go slower, okay, and chat a little more in between, like bowl chat basically, but with foods.
Speaker 2: Okay, Should I jam this in the toaster and watch it go on fire because it won't come out?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: You don't like it? No, well, there was more of us. This is not the same. The pastry is not the same consistency as a pop tart.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no little cookies.
Speaker 2: I'll give it to this.
Speaker 1: It tastes like what they would give you at the dentist's office.
Speaker 2: This tastes like fluoride. Yeah, I don't say that.
Speaker 1: I'm a vomit what Yeah, gross, gross gross. I hated it. I hated it like.
Speaker 2: I wish we should have done more of a history of pop charts, all the flavors that have been out over the years.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're the one who scripts these things, You're right. I just am sorry for the ride m ones that have been discontinued. Yeah, that kind of thing. Oh, this milk is good. It is pretty good, right, Sometimes like a cold glass of milk just hits the spot.
Speaker 2: Right. It's bowl and basket one percent milk from shopright. Hmm. Seriously love it me too, cereallessly, And I didn't say that this is another podcast. Don't get it confused anyway. Thank you for listening to this bonus episode. If you want to suggest other bonus episodes, we'll eat other things. Yeah, we still want to do that thing where we feed each other food that we know the other one doesn't like. Catt its cheese for me, okay, and and any of those other cheeses for me.
Speaker 1: I will come home with the whole charcuterie plate.
Speaker 2: No, because it's only one thing. You want to do a whole whole thing of things. I don't know what else you don't like. And at this point you could be lying to me because maybe you really like them. Well, I've stated many things that I don't like.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I have two.
Speaker 2: I only remember two.
Speaker 1: Of them, oysters.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get a plate of oysters and reused shell what. Oh yeah, okay, yeah, all right, anyway, thank you for listening. Please recommend suggesting. Oh no, caller idea, I gotta go. Thank you for listening so much. They just hung up, And we'll see you on Monday with an all new episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Do we have a special We do have a special guest?
Speaker 2: We do? Who's on? Who's on Monday? Oh that's right, I said her name wrong the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scott said the guest name wrong the whole time.
Speaker 2: But I said Koreen, but it's Koran. I'm so sorry. So I'm correcting it now because I can't correct it later.
Speaker 1: So just be prepared for that when you listen on Monday.
Speaker 2: All right, take care, have a great, great weekend. Follow us on It's my birthday this weekend, Social platform birthday. Happy birthday to your birthday to tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to me.
Speaker 2: That's why I got you these confetti cake pop tart bites.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. I almost wanted to vomit from him, Happy birthday to me.
Speaker 2: What do we say at the end of a bonus episode?
Speaker 1: Felice komplanos?
Speaker 2: How do you know what that means?
Speaker 1: Buenos no chase.
Speaker 2: We just say audios, bid you adieu. That's a different language.
Speaker 1: That's that's frosca.
Speaker 2: All right. Oh, there's vitamins and minerals in these things. We should eat more.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm good, Thank you, bye.
Speaker 2: Bye, Thanks for listening. Sorry to disappoint