Speaker 1: Hi, get everybody. I'm Dan Horde and thanks for downloading the Bengals Booth Podcast. The So can we talk about last night audition as the Bengals lose a primetime shootout to the Washington Commanders thirty eight to thirty three. Coming up, radio replays, locker room comments and postgame analysis from Dave Lapham. Then, in this week's fun Fact segment, you'll meet Bengals newcomer Zach Moss. The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by pay Core, proud to be the Bengals official hr software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business, and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. Now here's a quick reminder that you can have the latest edition of this podcast delivered right to your phone, tablet, or computer by subscribing wherever you get your It's the greatest thing. Since the Bengals Ring of Honor reception on Saturday night, I had the honor of serving as the MC for a special event honoring this year's Ring of Honor inductees Tim Crumrie and Corey Dillon, whose names were added to the Ring of Honor at halftime of Monday night's game. Roughly five hundred season ticket members attended Saturday's event, and I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did, as former teammates, coaches, and media members shared some great stories about Tim and Corey. Kudos to the Bengals for putting on a first class event celebrating two of the roughest and toughest players to ever wear Bengals stripes. Now Time four Radio replays from Monday night's wild game against Washington. Tonight, the prime time spotlight shines on Cincinnati, where the atmosphere for night games is absolutely electric, as good as it gets in the NFL. That's helped the Bengals win six straight primetime home games, and they'll look to make it seven tonight against the Washington Commanders. And it is time for the pig skin to fly. Here in the jungle, Borrow under center play action, fake five step drop deep before Chase got.
Speaker 2: It half the five touchdown Bengals show Burrow floating a beautiful ball downfield Jamar Chase two in the gritty.
Speaker 1: Have the Bengals store a touchdown? How they're opening drive second in goal inches away. Jayden dangles in the shotgun, standing at the five yard line. The rookie quarterback hands it off to Robinson and he knifes through the middle of the line for a Washington TV Here's a first down handoff and bouncing and why to the left. Fifteen ten five touchdown Washington our right handed spike Austin Eckler, and Washington has scored touchdowns on its first two drives to take a thirteen to seven leave. This will be a twenty eight yard field goal attempt from the right hash for Evan McPherson, who missed from forty eight yards away earlier in this corner a quarter rather, the kick is up. This one is good and the Bengals pull within four. It is first in goal at the four. Daniels fakes a handoff, runs left. Nobody saw it coming. The Bengals completely fooled, and Jadan Daniels trots into the end zone untouched for a Washington score. He didn't even have to really run, he just jogged in. Daniels under center, He takes the snap, fakes a handoff, Bobs went into the end zone and an offensive lineman makes the catch for the Washington touchdown. Trent Scott hauls in the TV huge play here. Fourth and goal from the two with three h seven to go third quarter, Burrow in the shotgun, Yos Bosh and Higgins out to the right, Jamar Chase out to the left, Zack Moss in the backfield. Yosi Bosh goes in motion. Burrow drops back to throw his pass, caught.
Speaker 3: At the goal line, touchdown Bengals on Drey Yo t Bosh has the Bengals go for it on fourth and goal from the two and debt how badly needed touchdown?
Speaker 1: Burrow is said, extends the hands, A blitz is coming. He gets rid of the ball, throwing it deep. It is hot.
Speaker 3: Touchdown.
Speaker 4: Chamar Chase his second touchdown catch his second gritty touchdown pass number three for Burrow. Have the Bengals pull within five, they will go for two.
Speaker 1: Two minutes and fifteen seconds left, Washington on top thirty one twenty six third down and seven at the Bengals twenty seven. McNichols in a running back Daniels catches the shotgun. Snaw He's gonna float high in deep McLaurin in the end zone. He's got the ball? Did he get both deep down? They say it's a touchdown?
Speaker 5: Unreal?
Speaker 1: Unreal is right. The Bengals answered with a one yard touchdown run by Zack Moss with forty seconds to go, but couldn't pull off the onside kick and lost the game thirty eight to thirty three. What can you say about Washington's ricky quarterback Jaden Daniels. He was almost flawless, completing twenty one of twenty three passes for two hundred and fifty six yards and two touchdowns. He also ran for thirty nine yards in another score. After three games, Daniels is completing eighty percent of his passes, hasn't thrown an interception, and has a passer rating of one to eleven point eight. And oh yeah, he's on a pace to rush for nearly one thousand yards. The last five quarterbacks drafted in the first round by Washington were Dwayne Haskins RG three, Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey, and Heath Shuler. It's early, but it appears that the Commanders have finally found their guy. Let's hear what head coach Zach Taylor had to say as he spent a few minutes with Dave Lapham after the game, Coach, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think I've seen a game where the other team punted, neither team turned it over. I mean it was offensively, can't ask so much more than that.
Speaker 6: Well, you can.
Speaker 7: I mean, we didn't put enough points on the board, and sometimes there's gonna be games where we get help take the pressure off the other unit, and that's just what one of these games was. And so this is a collective effort. You know. We had our opportunities on both sides of the ball to create an opportunity for ourselves to give ourselves the lead and we just didn't capitalize on that today.
Speaker 8: So that's on everybody.
Speaker 5: Red zone, they were three for three touchdowns, Bengals one for three touchdowns in the red zone. In a game like that, that's a big deal, right, Yeah, it's as simple as that. You know.
Speaker 7: We had one where he kind of got derailed on a quick play. We thought maybe we'd fumbled the play before, and then it screen didn't go away and set ourselves back and didn't convert there. I think we missed the field goal. And then another one we were just off on a third down pass and had to kick it. So you know, those points mattered in this game, and unfortunately we came up short.
Speaker 5: Joe Burrow throws for three hundred yards, three touchdowns, high completion percentage, but I mean Daniels played even better, I mean ninety one percent completion percentage and made plays when he had to didn't he.
Speaker 7: I thought both quarterbacks were attending today, you know, there were there was some plays that that both those guys really made to prove that there's some top quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 5: Your running game got on track. Both both your tailbacks I mean combined for over well over one hundred yards on like less than twenty cares. I think it was nineteen carries. I mean, you got some really good production out of that run game today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you would like to give more opportunities, you know, it's just I don't know how many possessions it was six or seven. It's one of the fewest possion games are going to have. And that's kind of what they lead the league and fewest possessions, and we knew it was gonna be that kind of game. Unfortunately, we didn't give ourselves enough opportunities.
Speaker 5: And then I guess you know that they had the big one big kick return in the in the U in special teams. I mean I thought special teams though for the most part missfield Will obviously was big. So I guess you know all three areas there was some touch leading.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they did enough. You got to give them a lot of credit. They're good football team. They're well coach. They competed hard, they got a lot of confidence, and they made more plays than we did today in all three phases.
Speaker 5: Talking to you earlier in the week, I could tell you thought that this football team, man, they got something. I mean, they got a lot of players, they got a lot of weapons. I mean it was it wasn't like you know all you know coaches, he's just trying to put something out. I could tell that you were sincerely like, they got some players.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they had seven possessions last week, seven field goals. I saw where they missed their seven touchdowns. You know, they had a bunch of penalties in the low red zone, so you could see this is a dynamic offense. I got a ton of respect for Cliff. He's been doing this a long time. He's been calling plays for about fifteen years and had some of the most prolific offenses this country's ever seen, and so you pair him with a quarterback like that, and and I knew that it was a very dangerous offense, and we didn't do enough to get him off the field and create more opportunities for yourself.
Speaker 5: Although you talked about last week, seven possessions, seven field goals and then no punts tonight, Trustway punted three times in the opener. He hasn't punted since. I mean, he's gone two games without puting the football. That's crazy.
Speaker 7: Give them all the credit. They have a lot of confidence. They're making a lot of plays. That's on their coaching staff, that's on their quarterback, they're all they're all doing what they need to do to win.
Speaker 5: Coach, appreciate you giving us your time as always. Yeah, thanks sav It was.
Speaker 1: The first NFL game since nineteen forty without a punt or turnover. Unfortunately, it's hard to savor a great night for the Bengals offense because of the outcome. Joe Burrow completed seventy six percent of his passes for three hundred and twenty four yards, with three touchdowns, no picks, and a passer rating of one twenty seven point five, and Jamar Chase had his first big game of the year with six catches for one hundred and eighteen yards and two touchdowns. Let's hear what Numero uno I had to say after the game, Jamor is it almost a sense of disbelief to be going three at this point? Uh?
Speaker 9: It doesn't feel good, but I don't know, it happens. We just gotta learn from them to move on and get ready for the next week.
Speaker 1: The offense obviously was cooking, but there's three possessions where you settle for field goal tries. Unfortunately, in a game like this that proved costly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we gotta we gotta go in in that rezone. Some we gotta capitalize on this.
Speaker 1: Chair.
Speaker 6: What about your performance?
Speaker 1: One hundred plus yards, two touchdown catches, how'd you feel about it?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: It was a good overall game, but you know, I'm of a team effort, so I've been good to have win with that.
Speaker 1: Where do you go from here?
Speaker 9: Come back to work, watch the film corrections, and you know, we gotta move on. But we can't have games like this one. We gotta we gotta win games like this one so we can move on.
Speaker 5: Is there a sense of despiration, Jamar at this point, even though it's three games in.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I never been hid, bro I never I never felt this before. So I was the first time for everything. But you gotta be on one team, you know what I'm saying. Stayed together, stay as a unit. So don't know where we're gonna win.
Speaker 6: How good was it to have tea back out there? Looked like it certainly benefited.
Speaker 5: You a little bit too.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was great heaving tea out there. Man, it was like old times again, just having fun.
Speaker 1: You know. Jaden Daniels was extremely impressive. I don't know how closely he could watch his performance, but yeah, uh, one of the more incredible rookie quarterback performances I think many of us have seed. What't you think?
Speaker 9: He's a great thing player, not gonna lie. That was my first time sitting down and watching him besides the spring game. So uh, he's a very outstanding player.
Speaker 1: But no matter what the Bengals tried to do on defense, they simply couldn't get Daniels in the Washington offense. Off the field, it's two straight weeks for the Commanders with no punts and no turnovers. I discussed a tough night for the Bengals defense with linebacker Jermaine Pratt. Jermaine, that was a very impressive performance by a rookie quarterback, one of the best. I've seen. Your thoughts on Jaden Daniels tonight.
Speaker 8: I mean I would say like he processed things, he do stuff well. I think he will all the way around, and then he's sposively using his legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seemed like there were a few instances where when you had a chance to possibly get him down, he just made a little bit of a juke, got a few extra yards and kept the chains going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I missed the biggest player of the game. I say, well, I believe it was fut down. Whatever. I would contain him and said, I'll let him complete the past move starting right there.
Speaker 1: What can you say about the defense? I know it's you know, it's moments after a very difficult game and you're frustrated and disappointed. But nobody could have possibly seen this coming. What do you think happened?
Speaker 8: We didn't play great. I didn't play great. So if I don't play well, I think the defense, hey don't play that much? Then will if I don't bring the energy.
Speaker 1: The atmosphere was electric in recent years. You guys have risen to the occasion on those primetime games. How disappointing is it to not get the job done tonight?
Speaker 8: Every loss is disappointing.
Speaker 6: Piece.
Speaker 8: Obviously, we don't play the game to lose, but we got to find a way to get in the win.
Speaker 2: Tall them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I get our minds right and go find a way to win.
Speaker 1: Next for the Bengals a road game in Carolina against Andy Dalton and the Panthers. The Red Rifle took over for a struggling Bryce Young on Sunday and promptly threw for three hundred and nineteen yards with three touchdowns and a passer rating of one twenty three point six as the Panthers shocked the Raiders thirty six to twenty two. That Carolina game looks a lot tougher than it did a couple of weeks ago. The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by pay Corps, proud to be the Bengals official HR software provider. By Alta Fiber future Proof Fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. Now time for the radio guys, recapp Jaden Daniels is going to be the toast of the NFL for the next several days after what was truly one of the most remarkable rookie quarterback performances in league history. Twenty one for twenty three, two hundred and fifty four yards, two touchdown passes, one touchdown run. I'm buying. I mean, the kid is incredible.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you he should go kiss Cliff kingsbre Rit in the mouth because Cliff Kingsbury is doing everything that Jaden Daniels can do and do well. Is not complicated, but he knows when to call things, how to call things, how to formation it make it look different, but it's the same. Cliff Kingsbury is a brilliant offensive mind and he showed it at the collegiate level. And I had a healthy dose of respect to that guy when he was at Texas Town. I was like, man, this guy's you know. I mean, all these quarterbacks have some talent, but my gosh, man, the numbers they're putting up is it's sick. He's got himself a gem to work with, and he's doing everything to put Daniels in a good position to succeed. And the kid has got talent. I mean, you complete over ninety percent a rookie record single game. But nothing, nothing was so sophisticated, you know, trying to be too clever. It's like, here's a few things I want you to do. It's simple stuff. It's it's a zone read stuff, stuff run pass option. It's like was said during the course of the week, Taylor britt College, look damn good tonight at college offense put on a clinic out there. Dan. I don't think I've ever seen and I don't know, maybe it's happened in high school. Neither team punt, neither team turned.
Speaker 6: The football over.
Speaker 5: That was That was a weird game. And then when you're in situations like that, obviously every possession you got to maximize with points. Bengals go one for three in the red zone, Washington goes three for three. Big reason why the game went the way it went.
Speaker 1: The Bengals gave up sixteen points in Week one, Kansas City only scored nineteen on offense last week, and they really, for all intents and purposes, shut down Patrick Mahomes. What was like egregious tonight? What were some of the biggest mistakes do you think that they made defensively in this game?
Speaker 5: That's good? I mean, honestly, it was like, okay, who has the quarterback on the zone? Reas who has the back? Okay? Well, the defensive ends crashed for the back. Who's got the quarterback? And the quarterback would get out there in the perimeter. And I mean, if he's just that athletic where he's making everybody miss. I mean some of the times I didn't see the quarterback being challenged, the positive yards have been picked up, you know, I just I don't know. It was not it was not difficult stuff. But he is a unique talent. But I said during the game, and I still think it, at some point some defense is going to light him up more than once in a football game, put legal, big hits on him, and you know, you'd hate to see that happen where you know it results in an injury because he's not I guess he's a running back. I mean, the guy has the talent of a running back and he seems to always make the hits flush, not flush hits. His glancing hits. But at some point he might catch a flush one and it's going to be a horse of a different colors. So I mean, I never saw him slide tonight. He doesn't slide. It's like this guy. I mean, he turns it up. He turns it up the football field and he's gonna get everyth you can. Now, you will dance out of bounds when he feels it's appropriate. But man, when he's on the football field, in the middle of the football field, between the hashmarks, between the numbers, he's going up the football field. Man, he's trying to maximize.
Speaker 1: The Bengals had t Higgins back tonight, the result thirty three points, three touchdown passes for Burrow. Chase had you know, less attention on him, wound up having a huge night. I guess if you're looking for a positive, that's the biggest one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree. And the other positive is twelve carries for fifty eight yards for Moss, seven for sixty two for Brown. So you got nineteen carries for one hundred and twenty yards. Not bad. I mean, you're talking about getting the running game going a little bit and I think that helped Joe and Chase and Higgins and others. You know, there were areas between linebacker and safety that they took advantage of in the middle of the football field because the game had some had some teeth to it. So you know, I think that that that uh, that's positive as well. I mean, Joe Burrow over three hundred yards, three touchdown passes and complete a high percentage and he's like second best quarterback out there on the football field. These two LSU Heisman Trophy winners, I mean, did they deliver or what? On national TV? And a matchup, second matchup ever between Heisman Trophy winners from the same school. Can't ask for much more than what those guys put out there.
Speaker 1: Trey Hendrickson had a sack tonight. It's the only one the Bengals had, and really through three weeks now, he's the only guy getting any sort of consistent pressure on quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: I agree, you know, he's there's gonna have to be somebody that he must feel like, you know, a lonesome soldier out there. It's hard to you know, if you're the guy, first guy to pressure the quarterback, it's hard to pressure and finalize. You know, it's it's a there has to be be somebody that is winning in their rush lane integrity, and it doesn't seem to be working out that way. I thought he had immense protection tonight, and they ran the ball well, so their play action stuff, and that's tough. I mean, I know when we had our running game going and they would call play action pass, I mean we'd look at each other and start grinning like yeah, I mean, because they have to honor it. You know, they can't just kee off, So that gives you a great chance. I mean, you can be the aggressor and then separate and now go into pass protection mode. And it's like, man, I mean, the pocket's already bigger, the pockets already deeper, and you can if you can just you know, finish and hang on, you're gonna give your quarterback an eternity to throw the football. And some of the times it looked like that's exactly what he had.
Speaker 1: I think the overwhelming emotion after this game is disbelief. I just can't quite put a finger on why this team has gotten out of the gate this way this year against that schedule.
Speaker 5: I agree, you know, the two d's disappointment and disbelief, disbelief, and it's like something's wrong. What is it? What is it that is wrong? Maybe it's more than one thing, you know, maybe it's a myriad of things that are wrong, and it just has to be wrong by just a little bit, you know. I mean, all you can do is is go back to work and try to keep getting better. And you know, I've been in games where, you know, in seasons where the defense has to pick up the offense, the offense has to pick up the defense. That's just the way it is. That's life in the National Football League. So obviously the defense was having a hell of a time trying to make stops and get things done. But man, to be in a situation like that, you have to I mean, the commanders took command. You got to give them credit. They go on the road on Ring of Honor night, crowds up in the bit silence them. Bengal's go up seven nothing, that's the only lead they had. I mean, next thing, you know, you're down two plus scores in some instances. You know, I just you got to you gotta really tip your cap to the to the commanders for how they played the game. And uh once. Once they got control, I thought, man, go down the field and at first drive and score. I mean, this is what Tampa Bay did, you know, And go down and score again. Take command, take early command of the football game. Commanders said, not gonna happen again. We learned our lesson. We're gonna come right down the field and score, and then we're gonna we're gonna take control and command of the football game. And you got to tip your cap to them. They really did.
Speaker 1: They haven't punted in two games. Subtract three one play kneel downs to run out clock, and they've scored on fourteen consecutive drives against Tampa Bay, the Giants, and the Bengals. Fourteen consecutive drives.
Speaker 5: That's high school stuff. I mean, like I said, I don't maybe in high school there might have been a game where neither team punted, neither team turned it over. I'm sure there is, and I guess probably in college would happened. You know, I just can't remember games like that. I can't remember being in games like that. Trest Way, he's stealing. Man punted three times in the open.
Speaker 1: He hasn't very busy as a whole.
Speaker 5: He is he has. He's worked his hands, but he hasn't worked his leg and feet. Man, It's that's incredible. Three punts and three football games. That's gonna win you a lot of games right there.
Speaker 1: Well, bring on Andy Dalton in the Panthers. Try to get off the schneider and get that first win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gona go down to Carolina line up and uh go against Big Red and Boyd. He lighted up. I mean he threw for over three hundred yards and three touchdowns himself. I mean he and Joe Burrow they are on the same wavelength this weekend. So it could be another duel. It could be another game where, man, if you don't score in the regil, if you have to settle for a field goal, you might be in trouble. I mean it could be another shootout, man who knows, or probably in a ten to seven or something.
Speaker 1: That would be appropriate.
Speaker 5: It really would. I mean, that's football, and that's why everybody loves it. It is crazy. Just when you think you might have it figured out, you're nowhere close to figuring it out.
Speaker 1: We'll try to figure some things out at the Bengals Game Plan show on Wednesday night. If you live in the Cincinnati area. We'll be at Patrick's Sports Bar on Crookshank Road from six to eight, or you can always listen on ESPN fifteen thirty or search for ESPN fifteen thirty on the free iHeartMedia app. Now, time for this week's fun Fact segment, where you get to know the person under the pads. Time for some fun facts at running back Zach Moss from High Lee Gardens, Florida, near Miami. What were some of your favorite things about growing up there?
Speaker 6: Uh, just being outside every day.
Speaker 10: Miami is like the perfect place for great weather usually around all year round, So just being outside, you know, playing sports with my friends and cousins and things like that. Have a big family, So just remember all those days just being outside, playing the streets.
Speaker 6: Right the part.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you mentioned your cousins because you have two older cousins who had long careers as NFL wide receivers, Santana Moss, who was a pro bowler and Sonorius Moss, who won a Super Bowl Ring. Did having family members in the NFL make that dream seem more attainable to you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think definitely. You know.
Speaker 10: On top of that, I think also just being in Miami. You know, we have a very very rich talent of pro players either basketball or football, So you know that always was in the back of our minds just playing seeing guys that are from our neighborhoods go off and do a lot of good things. So you know, it made it real easy to think that could be us as well. And you know, God took the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Being from that state. There are a lot of great college football programs around, but you chose to go more than two thousand miles from home and went to Utah.
Speaker 10: Why Originally I was committed to the University of Miami at first, and then I ended up decommitted from there and chose Utah.
Speaker 6: I think mainly because two reasons.
Speaker 10: Coach Dennis Erison, who was a University of Miami head coach back in the day who won as a championship there was the runner back coach at Utah, so kind of swayed me pretty easily being able to play for a legend like that. And then two of my teammates that I played with in high school and that I knew for a while as well as friends growing up in Miami, Tyler Huntley and Damari Simpkins. They both ended up committed early and enrolling early into Utah and always just told me about it and kind of could see me fitting in there. So you know, for me, it didn't really matter where I was, how far I was. I just wanted to go somewhere and play early, and you know, Utah gave me a great chance to do.
Speaker 1: At your high school and college teammate, Tyler Huntley played a significant role in Bengals history. It was his fumble in the playoff game against Baltimore that Sam Hubbard scooped up and ran back ninety eight yards for the game winning score, The so called fumble in the jungle, As his longtime friend, did that one break your heart?
Speaker 10: That was crazy, definitely, I think because it was on the one yard line and had a chance to score. I don't remember what what the score was, but I knew I think it would have went up.
Speaker 6: So you know, that was rough to see him go through that.
Speaker 10: But now, being a Bengals fan, you know you I see the highlight a few times already, so it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I read that on your recruiting visit to Utah, they took you snowmobiling. Had you ever even seen snow.
Speaker 10: Now, I've never seen snow. That was second time ever traveling out of the state of Florida. So that was a super super culture shock, mountain, snow, elevation, the whole nine. Just a totally different way of life from growing up Miami.
Speaker 1: For sure, visiting the Zach Moss. You had a tremendous career at Utah. You're still the schools all time, leading Russier by a wide margin. What did you enjoy most about your four years there?
Speaker 6: It was it was a lot of, you know, great things.
Speaker 10: I think the main thing was being able to go somewhere and mature by myself.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 10: Obviously, I think if I would have stayed in miamifs so, I would have had a lot of people there with me to kind of fall back on through hard times or whatever. I had two surgeries while I was out there, So being able to go through that and grow up and kind of go through life immature, like I said, by myself made me, you know, definitely who I am today played a big part of that. And also meeting my wife out there was huge. Obviously, that's my whole entire life. Now I gotta sign and everything, like that, so, you know, that was the biggest decision of my life.
Speaker 1: After your great college career, you were drafted in the third round by the Buffalo Bills, number eighty six overall. Describe your draft experience it was.
Speaker 10: It was definitely an awkward one, I think mainly because it was COVID that year, so didn't have a chance to go back home be around family and loved ones and things like that and kind of share that moment with everybody as well. So, you know, I had to do it in LA with my agents, my wife, and my brothers and sisters and my mom, which was you know, that's the core of my family right there. So it was still cool in that experience, but you know, definitely missed out on that part of things, something I was always, i think in the back of my mind thinking about that I'll be able to do one day.
Speaker 1: You joined a Buffalo team that was really good. You made it to the AFC Championship Game as a rookie, and then in year two, Buffalo had the painful loss to Kansas City in the playoffs where you took the lead with thirteen seconds to go, kicked off and wound up losing that game. In ot how long does a game like that stick with you.
Speaker 6: That was a rough game.
Speaker 10: It's definitely something that you really can't describe unless you were there. The atmosphere was crazy. We ended up coming out, obviously on the loser end of it, but definitely just a great sports experience. And you know you're in history, but you know, definitely on the wrong side of it. But at the end of the day, still the history. So anytime you get to create history, no matter what happens, I think, win or loss, you know you learn something from it.
Speaker 1: The following year, about two months into the season, you got traded to Indianapolis. You've built bonds with teammates, you're comfortable in Buffalo, and then suddenly you're playing for a different team a week later. How challenging is that?
Speaker 6: It was definitely challenging to some degree.
Speaker 10: You can't really dwell on it too much when you're in season, when things are still moving and stuff like that. But you know, it was something I always knew what was going to happen. Essentially that some degree it just didn't work out my time in Buffalo, But you know, I had a lot of people do a lot of good things. My wife mainly was super supportive during that time, being able to you know, transition our homes from Buffalo to Indie, you know, well also allowing me to just go ahead and continue to focus on foot which was big. And you know, all the people in Indie with the staff that helped her with that as well, was great.
Speaker 6: But you know, it was this business you never really played for.
Speaker 10: I don't know too many people who played for one team in their life, no matter how it happens, cut trade or just scignce somewhere else whatever. So knew it was part of business. And you know, I got grateful for my time in Buffalo and uh, definitely grateful for the time.
Speaker 6: And I had an Indian as well.
Speaker 1: You joined the Bengals this year as a free agent. Did you enjoy the free agency process because in the draft you have no choice?
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, I think it was. It was a very very good experience.
Speaker 10: Obviously, my first time ever doing that, so you know, didn't really know what to expect, didn't really know.
Speaker 6: How things were going to shake out and things like that.
Speaker 10: Just had to put a lot of my trust and my agents to you know, make sure you know, they were doing whatever they need to do. On that side of it and have my inputs when I needed to. But I think my faith allowed me to just be able to relax and be cool throughout it all and just enjoy that time that I had you off season with my son and my wife in our home and just you know, be able to get ready for a new season somewhere.
Speaker 1: All Right, a few wild card topics now for Zach Moss. Who is your all time favorite athlete in any sport?
Speaker 6: Easy? Kobe Bryant for sure.
Speaker 10: I think just obviously everybody knows his mentality that he attacked every day with the way he chose to go about his life and things like that. I think for me as a kid, it was kind of quiet. Definitely as a kid, so Kobe was kind of a loner to some degree, so I just gravitated towards how he did things and you know, went about his work.
Speaker 1: What do you like to splur John Shoes.
Speaker 10: Big shoe guy. I've been collecting shoes ever since seventh grade. So anytime I get a chance to buy a shoe or get a shoe that was unable to get when I was younger or in college, you know, I definitely try to add that to my collection for sure.
Speaker 1: Do you have any unusual talents?
Speaker 10: Unusual talents? No, this is my only real talent. People always always do something and people ask that question and I'm like, dang, I have nothing, but no, not really. I just this is my real one talent, and I just tried to be as well round as I can in area other aspect.
Speaker 1: Final question for Zach Moss. This one's kind of deep. If you could meet anybody in history, living or deceased, who would that person be.
Speaker 10: I think being able to meet my mom's dad would have been pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Obviously.
Speaker 10: I think people go with a lot of celebrities and stuff like that, and I think for me, not being able to meet my mom's dad, you know, you kind of miss on kind of like who your mom was as a kid and things like that, so that would have been pretty cool. I know she talks about him a lot and mental lots her, so being able to meet him would have been nice.
Speaker 1: You're off the hot seat. I appreciate your time. Best of luck this year.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Boss had ninety eight combined rushing and receiving yards and Monday's loss to Washington. That's going to do it. For this episode of the Bengals Booth Podcast, brought to you by pay Core, Proud to be the Bengals official HR software provider, by Alta Fiber, future proof fiber Internet designed elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe to this podcast and if you have a minute, give it a rating or share a comment that helps more Bengals fans find us. I'm Dan Horde. Thanks for listening to the Bengals Booth Podcast.